PDA

View Full Version : What if BFAHP goes next-gen?

Prince-Vegeta
12-01-2006, 06:54 AM
You know I was thinking, what if they turn Big Fat Awesome House Party into a PC or PlayStation 3 game. The game could be played online as an MMORPG game and you can either choose to be a human or imaginary friend. You could choose to be a real character from Fosters or just create your own character, whether it is human or imaginary. If you decide to create your own you can have a choise of thousands of pieces and accesories and colors. Then when you are finished creating you can go to Fosters and talk with other created friends or even get adopted by some kid. What do you guys think?

Sparky
12-01-2006, 10:51 AM
This is what I think:

Unless CN currently has or has had in the past, online games where people interact with other players in any way, I don't think this will happen. If you've noticed (to the best of my knowledge anyways), so far ALL of the Foster's games have been ones where people do not interact with one another - having learned all about COPPA for this forum I know how many legal issues arise when you gather personal information from children and allow them to interact with one another online. CN would be hankerin' for a lawsuit if ANYTHING went wrong. Right now, the way their games are set up where you don't have to give them so much as an email address, and NOBODY interacts with strangers over the internet, they have their butts pretty well covered.

Not trying to be a killjoy, just presenting the facts as I know them. Again, if CN has any other cartoons that have online games like you described, then yes, they may extend that to Foster's. Otherwise, I'd be surprised if they risked it.

But yes, it'd be cool, and *I'd* play.

Thornwhistle
12-01-2006, 12:07 PM
PV,that sounds like a great idea. Let me know if this ever happens,I'll sign up in 10 seconds. :D

RedboXen
12-02-2006, 01:10 AM
Sparky is right, thanks to things like COPPA that sort of game whould be a logicistial nightmare to moderate and whould cost the company running it more that it could hope to make in revenue.

Games like WOW and other MMORPG insist you sign up with a credit card and that your over 18 because then they dont have to comply with COPPA.

Even tho there are a lot of adult fans of Fosters (hint: Im not as old as Sparky but I'm not too far behind her) it is mostly a cartoon aimed at children so you'd have problems with moderation.

So far the best system that anyone has come up with, I think, is Nintendo with the buddie code on the DS. You can only talk/play with people who's code you know, and you have to exchange codes via some other means than Nintendo's system. So should I be a kid who does something stupid in connection with someone from my buddie list, then Nintendo can move the blame to whereever I made the contact with the person to get his/her buddie code.

Its a shame that there is not real "safe" way of letting kids enjoy those sort of games, but thats unfortunatly the nature of the internet.

heartless95
12-02-2006, 08:02 AM
I don`t think they would.It`s definetly not the best game i`ve ever played and if it did come out on a game system I prolly wouldn`t buy it.I`d spend my money on a better game since I can play BFAHP on the internet for free. :cool:

The bloo
12-02-2006, 09:17 AM
That would be cool

Invader Bloo
12-02-2006, 05:12 PM
If you could also play as charcters from the show, yes!