PDA

View Full Version : Who would adopt who?

CG
11-26-2006, 07:34 PM
I know we?re loathe to think of a time when Foster?s would be without Wilt, Eduardo and Coco. If they are adopted, it would ruin the show for a lot of us. But remember, they are there to be adopted. They might love being there, and being with their friends given how long they?ve been there, but their soul purpose being there is in the hopes of being adopted. I know we?ve had polls before of ?who would you adopt?, but I began wondering just what kind of child would adopt who?

Wilt?s obviously the kind of imaginary friend who was created to help improve someone. He did it as not only a basketball teacher, but also helped improve the kind of person Jordan was. His idealistic child would probably be someone who needs help improving their game. But given his now obvious handicap of having one arm and one eye, some children may not be so keen as to adopt him. Although, I?d like to imagine a child who wants to play basketball, but is in a wheelchair would make a great child for Wilt to be adopted by. The child is obvious without the use of their legs, much how Wilt is without the use of one of his arms, but isn?t allowing it to keep him (or her, we never know) down and out from playing a sport they love. Wilt definitely has the know how as to how to teach someone, especially a child, but to be able to connect on a level of understanding how it feels to be handicapped and not allowing it to rule your life would be fantastic for him.

Coco?s purpose of being created is still up in the air. Was she created through the delusions of a child, obviously suffering sun stroke and being without interaction with other people, or was she created to really just be a friend to have fun with? We won?t know until we (hopefully) see an episode about her. But I feel, given her free spirited nature and devil-may-care attitude, I think she?d be perfect for a child who would be labelled ?artistic?. You know the kind of kid who likes to paint, draw, and has a fun silly attitude as well. Not as crazy as Goo heavens no, but I feel that kind of child would adore Coco for her individuality, her design, and her personality as well. While Coco can be a crazy larrikin one moment, she can be a real friend the next if she needs to be.

We all know from the episode ?Sweet Stench of Success? that Eduardo is one of the rare friends who we know the label of, he?s a guardian. And that was proved even more-so with Nina?s story of how she grew up in a bad neighbourhood, and needed somebody to help scare all the bad guys away; but also be a perfect play mate for a little girl who was into all things frilly and pink. Eduardo fits the need like a glove, so I think he?d be best going to more then likely a little girl. I don?t think any boys (unless extreme girly boys) would really handle him. Sure he has the looks of a monster, but his personality counters his appearance like a mirror. He shouldn?t have to go to a bad neighbourhood per say, but maybe a little girl who is teased a lot at school and has a bad self confidence level. Eduardo would be there to help her feel better at the end of every day with his usual way (probably tea parties and lots of hugs) but also would physically put himself between her and those who upset/scare her if the need arose.

But yeah, that's just my ideas. Coco's isn't really spot on, neither is Eduardo's. Wilt's I'm happy with. But what do you guys think? What kind of child is suited for Wilt, Coco, and Eduardo? And if not them, who else in the house? Just curious.

Sumshine 904
12-20-2006, 11:24 AM
I think you have said just about everything for the imaginary friends. :D If I went to Foster's I'd adopt Eduardo, when someone makes fun of me I usually have a low self confidence level. ^^; Also because I live in a nieghborhood where no kids live, so, I'd need someone to play with. :)

pitbulllady
12-20-2006, 02:45 PM
I think you pretty much nailed it, CG, especially where Wilt is concerned. He'd be best at helping someone who's short not just on skill, but self-confidence, but unfortunately, most kids(and probably a LOT of narrow-minded adults)only see that he's missing an eye and an arm-he's "broken", in other words, which to them, means he's "defective". A child who is themselves handicapped, though, might not see him that way.

pitbulllady

PinkCow
01-07-2007, 07:38 PM
What an awesome conversation! Hope I'm not butting in.

I totally agree about Wilt. He definately needs a go-getter child with a disability or perhaps even an illness that keeps him or her from being able to do what he or she wants--at least until encouragement arrives! That would be the most adorable adoption pairing ever.

I honestly have no idea about Coco. I think we just don't know enough about her to be able to pin her with a child "type", although I do like the idea of the artistic child... or maybe--and this is a big stretch here--a child whose native language isn't English, so he or she could really connect with Coco, who also has trouble talking to others? Maybe? Just a thought!

Eduardo would have been my imaginary friend when I was a little kid... I completely agree with the other ideas here about who would adopt him. A little girl, maybe with glasses, who gets made fun of and picked on a lot at school? Sounds perfect to me. :)

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't realize I was bringing back a semi-old thread!

Invader Bloo
01-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Wilt, although I'd try to bribe Mac for Bloo first, although that would fail horridly.

pitbulllady
01-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Wilt, although I'd try to bribe Mac for Bloo first, although that would fail horridly.

I'm not sure if you read the original post, but the question here is NOT who YOU would adopt, but what kind of child would be most likely to adopt WHICH Imaginary Friend.

pitbulllady

Amritama
01-15-2007, 04:19 PM
This thread may not be very active, but I'd like to contribute a bit. Erh, yay?

I?m with CG's on Wilt. Wilt?s personality and past experiences would be ideal for a handicapped child, or a child having some sort of restraint that's preventing him/her from pursuing their sports-related dream.

As for Coco, I think an artistic and somewhat eccentric (but not as weird as Goo) kid would work just fine. Sure, Coco can?t speak English (or any other language for that matter), but I?m sure the kid would be fine if he/she found Coco?s traits cool.

Again, I agree with CG about Eduardo. He'd be a great companion for a timid kid who gets bullied all the time. His appearance would definitely scare away any of the kid's threats, and I bet a kid like that would befriend him in no time!

Overall, I pretty much agree with what most of the previous posters have mentioned!

Sarah
03-14-2007, 06:06 AM
I think all three of your ideas are spot-on, CG.

In terms of Bloo.. he's coming home with me. :D
Mac will be stuffed in a closet when I strike.

!Kidding.
I couldn't do that to Mac. Though money may go a ways with an 8-year-old.. *scheme*

WiltsAKGirl17
11-12-2007, 12:10 AM
While I can't say who would adopt Coco, I definately have my ideas about Ed and Wilt. (This theory is interchangable with either friend.) Again, this is a theory-- people can POLITELY argue with me about it.

Either one would do well with a girl with low self-esteem. What I'm picturing is a girl slightly younger than myself (in the 15-17 age range) in high school. She's not all that pretty, definately not popular and no friends. (Forgive the cliche, but that's all I got.) She adopts Wilt or Eduardo for companionship.

Here's where my theory splits off. Wilt would help her learn to be more at-ease and confident with herself; Eduardo would "repeat" his thing with Nina-- y'know, he'd be really scared of stuff and childlike-- and by helping Ed, this girl would be helping herself (another cliche! AUGH!).

I know it seems stupid, but it's midnight in Alaska and, yes, I know I'm supposed to be in bed right now.

P.S. It seems like I'm bringing a lot of old threads back to life right now...

MaxJ1800
11-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Coco’s purpose of being created is still up in the air. Was she created through the delusions of a child, obviously suffering sun stroke and being without interaction with other people, or was she created to really just be a friend to have fun with? We won’t know until we (hopefully) see an episode about her. But I feel, given her free spirited nature and devil-may-care attitude, I think she’d be perfect for a child who would be labelled ‘artistic’. You know the kind of kid who likes to paint, draw, and has a fun silly attitude as well. Not as crazy as Goo heavens no, but I feel that kind of child would adore Coco for her individuality, her design, and her personality as well. While Coco can be a crazy larrikin one moment, she can be a real friend the next if she needs to be.

Actually, we do know a little bit about Coco. Before the series debuted, Cartoon Network posted a press release on various animation news sites. The release included basic info the characters. Apparantly a girl was flying in a private plane with her parents. The plane crashed and the girl was the sole survivor.

She washed up, alone, on a desserted tropical island. To keep herself from going insane from loneliness, she created Coco. Hence Coco's odd appearance. Coco also served another purpose, her eggs were just the thing the girl needed to survive. Eventually the girl was rescued.

The girl faced a dilemma, Coco was born on the island and it was the only home she had ever known. The girl decided that it would be best for Coco, to leave her there. Coco lived, alone, on the island for an unknown ammount of time, probably several years, before being discovered by Douglas and Adam. We pretty much know the basic story from there.

antgirl1
11-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Eventually the girl was rescued.

The girl faced a dilemma, Coco was born on the island and it was the only home she had ever known. The girl decided that it would be best for Coco, to leave her there. Coco lived, alone, on the island for an unknown ammount of time, probably several years, before being discovered by Douglas and Adam. We pretty much know the basic story from there.

Wow...Really?

WiltsAKGirl17
11-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Wow... I'm impressed here, MaxJ1800! I know that you didn't develop this theory and all, but... WOW, this is great info. Thank you so much for sharing!

MaxJ1800
11-21-2007, 11:36 PM
Yeah and it's apparant from the group photos in the picture ep that Coco has been at Fosters for a LONG time, so there's guarantee that her creator is even around anymore. Actually, that could be serious potential for another tv movie. Coco trying to figure out what happened to that little girl, who she hasn't seen since the girl left the island.

KazooBloo
12-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Good thing none were!