PDA

View Full Version : 'Tis the Season to be Jolly.

DoubleLatte
11-26-2006, 12:22 AM
And we all know what that means! Time to get your Christmas list organized and start shopping. I love this holiday for that sole reason. And also, I love getting stuff. :3 What's on your list this year? What are you getting for whom? What, with people getting shot over a PS3 and everybody buying everything that isn't nailed to the floor, it gets me even more excited and enthusiastic about the holiday season.

I don't have a PS3 on my list, and I'm willing to wait out on the Wii until Smash Brothers Brawl comes out. I'll settle for a Monsters, Inc. game for my (now) outdated GameCube. I'm such a kid. :3

Scribble
11-26-2006, 02:57 AM
I'm hoping for a Wii and Zelda: Twilight Princess, I'd still like my own digital camera... apart from that I honestly don't know what else I'd like at the moment!:cheesegrin:

As for what I'm getting for whom, I've seen a couple of snake-related items that one of my friends would love. And I'm thinking of getting my mum a Mah Jhonng (sp?) set after my uncle in Scotland 'borrowed' our old one and never gave it back lol!

Apart from that I have no ideas as of yet.

taranchula
11-26-2006, 05:10 AM
I did all my Cwismuth.... I mean Christmas shopping, all last month. So therefore, I can sit back relax and gourge myself on a slow steady diet of Christmas specials and movies from now until the 25'th of December.

Carlaz
11-26-2006, 06:45 AM
:o Wow taranchula - you rock for being so organized!

I've yet to begin my Christmas shopping.

GrimTheLost
11-26-2006, 07:04 AM
I got my girlfriend's (a stuffed fraggle and a necklace from Kay's jeweler) and mom's (Little Mermaid special edition) shopping done. I just need my dad and three of my friends.

Apparently everyone got me stuff, but I only know the I was told to choose: a backpack made for laptops, a usb drink cooler, usb splitter, and a personal area network hoodie. I feel loved.

Howard
11-26-2006, 07:31 AM
Lotsa family going to be in and out of the house. Gotta start the cooking preps, and I will be decorating on my Birthday (Dec 6). Most of the family live in my state, so it is easy for the Holiday gatherings.

some guy you dont know
11-26-2006, 08:00 AM
lets see.. i havent done much of anything, besides putting up the tree. i need to get my list started to, and my shopping for everyone in my family (not going outside of the house, except for maybe my grandma and grandpa. to many people in it) so its going to be a bumpy ride to xmas. i just hope i get a new PS2. (cuz my old one is busted)

BlooCheese
11-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Gee, I haven't even thought about Christmas yet. I can't think of anything I really want, and I have no clue as to what I should get my family members. I'm probably not going to buy any gifts until the week before Christmas. Hehe, I'm such a procrasinator. Oh, and the tree's not even up yet.

CG
11-26-2006, 03:30 PM
I bought my parents a weekend trip at Robe complete with wine tasting, continental breakfast, and a beach view. My aunt is getting a two disc dvd with two movies on it. Meanwhilst Sparky, t, ORD and my friend Fala will be recieving posters of Good Wilt Hunting. It's okay to say that cuz they asked for em. :p

Jabberwocky
11-26-2006, 05:50 PM
I want a jukebox. A really big jukebox! I'm most likely just getting a bunch of clothes and teapots. But man do I want a jukebox.

My christmas shopping is done though. 8-)

Sparky
11-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Well other than the poster from CG I'm not hoping for anything - this laptop was a combo birthday/Christmas present from my brother, and my dad will probably get me some random stuff like DVDs he hopes I'll like and maybe fuzzy socks or something, and that's all.

I've already ordered some stuff for my brother and I want to get him one other thing; and I want to make something for my dad, and try to buy him like one other thing maybe, and that's it. We have a teeny family. Oh and then there's the parrot, I'll get her something. I don't have any friends in the area so I don't have anyone else to shop for.

I'll wait until December sometime to decorate.

One Radical Dude
11-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Honestly, the things I want are too expensive, and the only thing I really would care about right now is getting the job and relocate to CA. That would be good enough for me. ;)

Not really sure what I'll be getting for the others, though. I probably will spend a little less for each one this year (I'll likely be spending the same, knowing me), since anything goes between now and next year.

Voxxyn
11-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Wii... Zelda...

SkittleMonkey
11-28-2006, 01:43 PM
I'll probably get my dad a nice pair of socks, and maybe I'll make him some coconut macaroons for his stocking. My mom, I have no idea what I'm getting for her! I'll get my brothers a king-size bag of their favorite candy, and that's it for family members!

My friend, Paul, shall get 4 Trans-Siberian Orchestra cds that will double as his birthday gift(His birthday is on the 14th of December.). My other friend, Bryan, will get my holographic Zapdos pokemon card(Yes, I collect pokemon cards; shut up!). My friend, Amber, I'll probably get the first volume of Fullmetal Alchemist, seeing as it's her favorite anime, and she's never read a manga.

As for what I want, it's not a very big list. Mostly I just want Gameboy Color games.

Howard
11-28-2006, 03:07 PM
My Fiancee and I are spending Christmas Eve with my Grandmother (she is 92), and my mother. We will watch Christmas movies, and then go around the corner for Chinese food (which is excellent by the way).:frankiesmile:

Cassini90125
11-28-2006, 03:14 PM
92? I'll bet she's got a lot of stories to tell. :)

Howard
11-28-2006, 03:19 PM
92? I'll bet she's got a lot of stories to tell. :)

She and my Grandfather (rest his soul) used to Broadcast during the Golden age of radio in Cleveland. Grandfather later became the announcer for the Cleveland Indian games. Everything they did was live, and my Grandfather worked with Marshall Jones (later Grandpaw Jones from Hee-Haw), and they both knew the Marx Brothers. They are all wonderful pieces of history which I treasure.:frankiesmile:

Carlaz
11-29-2006, 06:45 AM
She and my Grandfather (rest his soul) used to Broadcast during the Golden age of radio in Cleveland. Grandfather later became the announcer for the Cleveland Indian games. Everything they did was live, and my Grandfather worked with Marshall Jones (later Grandpaw Jones from Hee-Haw), and they both knew the Marx Brothers. They are all wonderful pieces of history which I treasure.:frankiesmile:

What an amazing heritage you have Duck! Thanks for sharing with us. :smile: :

Howard
11-29-2006, 07:13 AM
What an amazing heritage you have Duck! Thanks for sharing with us. :smile: :

Thank you so much, and I look forward to Christmas Eve to spend with her!:frankiesmile:

Carlaz
11-29-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm sure your Grandma is looking forward to seeing you, as well. :)
My grandma passed away 7 years ago. I still miss her.

DoubleLatte
11-30-2006, 08:37 PM
I finally got around to getting *some* shopping done. I'll get the rest done tomorrow. Procrastinator style!

Anyone here know enough about Star Wars figures and toys? I'm kind of in a rut as to what to get for my brother. Already got him a DVD he's been wanting (Training Day) but since that was very low-cost, I need to get him something else. Thing is, Star Wars is as alien to me as... anything else that I'm really not into. So, Star Wars fans? Anyone?