PDA

View Full Version : Story from Wal-Mart today

Cell_Phone_guy
11-24-2006, 08:09 PM
If some people who don't know, I work at Wal-Mart. I was working earlier tonight and I had a story that kinda reminds me of the episode "Store Wars"

This man asked me if we (Wal-Mart) were going to put a coin sorter on sale. I told him that I didn't know because I'm not the one who decides these kind of things. He thought the price ($18.95 + tax) was too much and called it a rip off. I heard him mention that he would buy it, then return it after 90 days to co-inside with Wal-Mart's return policy. I walked away and said, "At least he didn't call me a rip off artist and kick me in the shin!" a-la Bloo. 8D

Invader Bloo
11-24-2006, 08:15 PM
LOL. What a jerk, ooh 20 bucks.:jk:

Cell_Phone_guy
04-05-2007, 07:35 PM
Here's another story from Wal-Mart that reminded me of Foster's. Earlier tonight, while I was working, I mother and her young daughter came into the aisle I was. The girl kept saying "Sorry" and two different times, the mother said, "You don't have to say sorry!"

The kid kind of reminded me of Wilt. :D (And the Kid's mom reminded me of Jordon Michaels.) "Wilt, stop saying `I'm sorry`. It's not okay!"

Crash-N-Cortex
04-05-2007, 07:46 PM
I enjoy going to Wal-Mart, though I don't see anything Foster-related there..

scary_dream
06-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Yeah lol... all I see in Wal*Mart here in this terrible town in southern Oklahoma is rednecks with more kids than teeth. Now THAT'S scary!

Cassini90125
06-11-2007, 05:26 AM
I don't know whether to laugh or gag. :P 8D

We have a Wal-Mart not too far from me but I almost never go there. Target is farther away but it has pretty much the same merchandise and I find it has a more pleasant atmosphere. Wal-Mart... I don't know, it just rubs me the wrong way.

pitbulllady
06-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Yeah lol... all I see in Wal*Mart here in this terrible town in southern Oklahoma is rednecks with more kids than teeth. Now THAT'S scary!

Sounds like the Wal-Marts here in South Carolina! I avoid Wal-Mart like the plague, unless there's something that I absolutely HAVE to get, and I can't find it anywhere else. I'll happily pay more at another store just to keep from going to Wal-Mart. It's overcrowded, there's not enough space, too many horribly-behaved kids(and don't think you can escape 'em by going at one o'clock am, either, 'cause those parents drag the kids everywhere they go, night or day), and when they run out of an item, it might be months before they reorder it. Plus, I always wind up having to park like a half-mile away and walk, due to the traffic.

It's not much better at the mall, either, so Frankie really isn't missing much by not being able to go there!

pitbulllady

Partymember
06-11-2007, 05:14 PM
ChiCom Mart.

DIE! ChiCom Mart, DIE!

scary_dream
06-12-2007, 01:06 PM
I avoid Wal-Mart like the plague, unless there's something that I absolutely HAVE to get, and I can't find it anywhere else.

Ditto, PBL!! I can't stand going there. Unfortunately, I HAVE to go there all the time because it's a Super Wal-Mart and they have pretty much have monopolized the grocery stores in this town and the surrounding ones. The atmosphere is just so... ick. I HATE going there.

And I agree, you never know what they're going to have because they don't reorder stuff like they should.

Lol... this is turning into an "I hate Wal-Mart" thread...

xxxClaire
06-12-2007, 05:28 PM
lol funny story! 8D

I hate Wal-Mart as well... I've gone there a few times and it's really terrible.

I remember when I went the first time when I was like 5 years old, it was so crowded that I lost my parents, so I just stood there crying for like half an hour. :P I've hated it ever since. 8D

Bloo2daMacs
06-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Awesome stories! Thanks for sharing.

I remember when I went the first time when I was like 5 years old, it was so crowded that I lost my parents, so I just stood there crying for like half an hour. :P I've hated it ever since. 8D

I think the exact same thing happened to me as a child... in a Wal-Mart too! Except my parents were divorced, so I was only crying for my mom for half an hour.

I mostly hate Wal-Mart, but I'm not completely afraid of it. I'll go occasionally. If neccasary...

lucyrocks73
06-13-2007, 11:05 AM
We had a war of the Wal-Marts...

So there was one two towns over, and everyone went there and it was fine. Then they built one in my town that was bigger, and the other one was renovated because they kept losing customers.

The first one (the renovated one) is known as the "Ghetto Wal-Mart"... because (and I don't live in a very crime-infested area) people have been stabbed and shot there. Thank goodness it's two towns over. The Wal-Mart by me has no issues...

-Marty :goo:

Partymember
06-13-2007, 12:11 PM
ghetto Wal-Mart. Love it.

Ever gone at 2 AM? its full of crackheads and freaks.

ClessAlvein
09-14-2007, 10:33 PM
I absolutely hate Wal*Mart because they don't sell any Foster's merchandise. That is the main reason.

Sparky
09-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Well, other than the DVDs (at least, I've seen Season 1 there) they've had the kites. Which, last I checked, were in the clearance section, if anyone still wanted one.

WiltsAKGirl17
10-24-2007, 08:37 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or gag. :P 8D

We have a Wal-Mart not too far from me but I almost never go there. Target is farther away but it has pretty much the same merchandise and I find it has a more pleasant atmosphere. Wal-Mart... I don't know, it just rubs me the wrong way.

Sounds like the Wal-Marts here in South Carolina! I avoid Wal-Mart like the plague, unless there's something that I absolutely HAVE to get, and I can't find it anywhere else. I'll happily pay more at another store just to keep from going to Wal-Mart. It's overcrowded, there's not enough space, too many horribly-behaved kids(and don't think you can escape 'em by going at one o'clock am, either, 'cause those parents drag the kids everywhere they go, night or day), and when they run out of an item, it might be months before they reorder it. Plus, I always wind up having to park like a half-mile away and walk, due to the traffic.

It's not much better at the mall, either, so Frankie really isn't missing much by not being able to go there!

pitbulllady

Ditto, PBL!! I can't stand going there. Unfortunately, I HAVE to go there all the time because it's a Super Wal-Mart and they have pretty much have monopolized the grocery stores in this town and the surrounding ones. The atmosphere is just so... ick. I HATE going there.

And I agree, you never know what they're going to have because they don't reorder stuff like they should.

Lol... this is turning into an "I hate Wal-Mart" thread...

Consider this:

As you know from the info under my avatar, I live in Bush Alaska. In my part of Alaska, the only major retail chain you guys (Cassini, pbl, and scary dream, plus any other NF forum users with access to a Wal-Mart) would recognize and is from the "Lower 48" is a SubWay. There IS NO Wal-Mart, mall, McDonalds, etc.-- that stuff is 400 airmiles away, in Anchorage. For my family, a trip into Anchorage is a bit of a treat because we can get the fast food we miss (even if it isn't all that healthy; you have to die of something, though, right?) and we can but the things we can't get at the stores at home.

Still hate Wal-Mart, guys?

Cassini90125
10-24-2007, 11:05 PM
In a word, yes.

KazooBloo
12-23-2016, 10:37 PM
*shin kick*