PDA

View Full Version : Secrets About Foster's

Sumshine 904
11-24-2006, 06:26 PM
1. Okay, lets think about Mr. Herriman for a second. Now lets stare at him for a moment. :herriman: There, anything familiar pop into your head yet? No?

"Girls, I can't seem to get this jar of pickles opened!"

Still nothing? Well, lets throw in some specific words out in the open.

Hat.
Eye glass.
Mustache.
POWER PUFF GIRLS.

If you haven't already figured it out, Mr. Harriman looks oddly like the Mayor from the Power Puff Girls!

2. Now, lets look at Frankie's shirt design for a moment. Zoom into a picture of Frankie and you'll see something pink, blue, and green... 8D

Those are the only secrets I know for now. If any of y'all have any secrets about Foster's you can share them here if you'd like.

Thornwhistle
11-24-2006, 06:30 PM
That's because Craig produced The Powerpuff girls before Foster's Home for Imaginary friends.

Sumshine 904
11-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Well, I know, but I thought finding those two things were fun and cute. =3

FostersFriend
12-02-2006, 08:09 AM
There are many characters in Foster's home based on diffrent characters. eg In Eddie Monster the kid with the red hair and glasses looks like Dexter, and the snooty father in episode 1 looks like Dexters dad. Coincindence? I think not 8D

Voxxyn
12-02-2006, 04:21 PM
Here's an unsolved secret: Cartoon Network airing "Imposter's Home" frequently while "Frankie My Dear" and "Setting A President" have been utterly neglected.

Maybe they hate the idea of Frankie being portrayed in a positive, favorable light...

Invader Bloo
12-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Why do they keep airing "Hiccy Burp" & "Make Beleive-Or-Not?" too.:jk:

scary_dream
12-02-2006, 08:55 PM
I don't mind reruns so much, but it seems like every time I turn on Foster's, it's on Neighbor Pains!

I dunno if I could get tired of Make Believe it or Not, though, I love that episode.

Mr. Marshmallow
12-02-2006, 08:59 PM
I don't mind reruns so much, but it seems like every time I turn on Foster's, it's on Neighbor Pains!

That's odd because I NEVER see Neighbor Pains on at all. I always get "Cuckoo for coco cards" or the "Bloo's brothers" and Ivan one has been appearing alot too. Frankie's episodes have pretty much been nullified out of existence it seems.

I don't know if maybe they didn't do well like ratings wise, maybe that's why they don't replay enough. I also don't see much of "Bloooo" "My so called wife" (which I still haven't seen) and "Berry Scary". They are RARELY ever on and I had to watch one of those on youtube.

They should start airing like back to back episodes of Foster's instead of repeatively showing Xiaolin Showdown for the billionth time.

Invader Bloo
12-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Xiaolin Showdown's not that bad, but they should stop airing Gym Partner that show's boringalready it was OK at first.

Nathander
12-02-2006, 11:27 PM
That's odd because I NEVER see Neighbor Pains on at all. I always get "Cuckoo for coco cards" or the "Bloo's brothers" and Ivan one has been appearing alot too. Frankie's episodes have pretty much been nullified out of existence it seems.

I don't know if maybe they didn't do well like ratings wise, maybe that's why they don't replay enough. I also don't see much of "Bloooo" "My so called wife" (which I still haven't seen) and "Berry Scary". They are RARELY ever on and I had to watch one of those on youtube.

They should start airing like back to back episodes of Foster's instead of repeatively showing Xiaolin Showdown for the billionth time.

You haven't gotten to see "My So-Called Wife"? That is horribly depressing. I rank it among the top ten episodes in the series.

Mr. Marshmallow
12-03-2006, 10:51 AM
I haven't seen certain episodes due to the fact I got into "Foster's" late, I never really got into the series until I watched one of the super rare reruns of "Frankie my dear" (ironic isn't it? :frankiesmile:). Some I've had to watch on youtube.

Other episodes I haven't seen aside from the wife one are "Eddie Monster", "Crime after crime" (saw like half of it), "Who let the dogs in", "Beat with a schtick", "One false movie" and the other half of "Duchess of Wails".

Yes I KNOW I'm a lousy Foster's fan for missing so much but I'm working on finding what I can on youtube to catch up so :P.

Partymember
12-04-2006, 11:15 AM
uh...i haven't caught ANY of the Frankie-centric eppies yet (shakes fist at TV)

Jabberwocky
12-04-2006, 11:32 AM
I always get Bloo's Brothers/Ivan whatever or WTAWTAW/EKIB. Every. Single. Time. I actually didn't like the series at first because I was so sick of those always being on; I only get to watch cable twice a month. It was like, AHHH NOT AGAIN.

And at the risk of being on topic, I haven't found any secrets that aren't behind a secret door. :(

some guy you dont know
12-04-2006, 01:50 PM
well, on "eddie monster" there were three guys asking about the monster in the cage, and they looked EXACTLY like ed, edd, and eddy would in fosters. but thats not very well hidden. more like a tribute actually

LaBlooGirl
12-05-2006, 06:22 PM
I haven't seen certain episodes due to the fact I got into "Foster's" late, I never really got into the series until I watched one of the super rare reruns of "Frankie my dear" (ironic isn't it? :frankiesmile:). Some I've had to watch on youtube.

Other episodes I haven't seen aside from the wife one are "Eddie Monster", "Crime after crime" (saw like half of it), "Who let the dogs in", "Beat with a schtick", "One false movie" and the other half of "Duchess of Wails".

Yes I KNOW I'm a lousy Foster's fan for missing so much but I'm working on finding what I can on youtube to catch up so :P.

Alas, my friend, all you have to do is wait until February, and then you can own the DVD set, and catch up all you like! Whoot! XD

Mr. Marshmallow
12-05-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm just hoping the Fosters pack will include some GOOOOD stuff, not some crappy mini games like I've gotten with buying the Teen Titans and The Batman seasonal DVDs. I know fosters is a kid show and all that.

But still, people don't shell out like 30 bucks for season dvds without something cool being in there extra. I was always upset Disney never did anything special for their seasonal packs of Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, and Tale spin.

FostersFriend
12-06-2006, 04:57 AM
Ok suddenly this topic has changed from Foster's secrets, to episodes that always show. :jk:

Nathander
12-06-2006, 07:43 AM
I'm just hoping the Fosters pack will include some GOOOOD stuff, not some crappy mini games like I've gotten with buying the Teen Titans and The Batman seasonal DVDs. I know fosters is a kid show and all that.

But still, people don't shell out like 30 bucks for season dvds without something cool being in there extra. I was always upset Disney never did anything special for their seasonal packs of Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, and Tale spin.

Whoa, whoa, Whoa! There are DVD packs of Rescue Rangers, Tale Spin, and Darkwing Duck? Firk Ding Blast! How'd I miss this? Can you possibly tell me what store you found them at? Where they just in the DVD sections of stores like Wal-Mart and Target, or did you have to go to actual video stores to find them?

Also, about your statement about the extras for the DVD, I'll admit that I've never been a big fan of DVD extras, as....well, there have been very few DVD extras, kid's shows or not, that have ever impressed me. I want to have high hopes, as Craig and his crew have always tended to be good to their fans, but at the same time I've rarely seen anyone use what could be done with a DVD to its full extent to make the DVD worth buying other than to just have the episodes.

As for secrets.......this one may be a stretch, but it is a possibility.

In the episode "Cuckoo for Coco Cards", remember that monkey that Bloo had to give all that gum to to get all his cards (can't remember the monkey's name)? Well, I didn't think much of it at first, but I was about to jump out of my skin when I saw him blow a bubble and then start to float away. Here's why; in the game "Earthbound" for the SNES, there' s a part where, to get through a cave, you have to give bubblegum to a monkey who precedes to blow a bubble to float up to the next level so he can flip a switch, thus allowing you to get out of the cave. While it's a stretch that this was a reference to "Earthbound", considering that it's a game that was released in small quantities here in the States and is remembered, really, only in its hardcore fan circle, Craig has stated that he loves obscure pop culture, especially obscure Japanese pop culture, which is the only thing that makes me believe this to be a possibility.

Ricky Fieldmouse
12-06-2006, 12:00 PM
I keep seeing the Big Cheese, Emancipation Complication, and Bus the Two of Us. IT'S ANNOYING.

Sparky
12-06-2006, 12:31 PM
Thank you for sharing Nathander! :terrsmile:

(As for Darkwing, I think we got ours at a Suncoast, which is a video store. I'm not sure if I've seen it at like, Walmart or whatnot.)

taranchula
12-06-2006, 12:33 PM
At the risk of going futher off topic, yes you can find the Disney Afternoon on DVD lineup at most big box retail stores such as Wal-Mart and the like.

Mr. Marshmallow
12-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Yes, sorry about the distraction with this and what not. Disney releases "volumes" of their shows in DVD packs, they cram alot into one volume so your definitely getting your money's worth.

The ones I have listed are already out, along with Duck tales and Goof Troop. Any local store like Best Buy will have them, and if not, there's always online shopping. I'll shut up now :-/.

kageri
12-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Haven't they made old video game jokes before? I might be thinking of Homestar Runner or something, but I'm pretty sure Foster's has made references to old games....

billytheskink
12-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Haven't they made old video game jokes before? I might be thinking of Homestar Runner or something, but I'm pretty sure Foster's has made references to old games....

There's a Pac Man reference in "House of Bloos"
HomestarRunner reference was in "Bloo's Brothers"

That's what came to mind off the top of my head.

Has the second volume of DuckTales come out yet? Will the pilot episode be on it?

Mr. Marshmallow
12-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Has the second volume of DuckTales come out yet? Will the pilot episode be on it?

It came out a few weeks ago, depending on the episode guides will determine if the pilot will be in it. The DVDs are going according to production date NOT numerial order, so some shows pilots will not be at the very beginning.

Same thing happened to Rescue Rangers. But back on topic, does anyone remember a video game called "Grabbed by the Ghoulies" for Nintendo 64 I think? Anyways, Moose from EC looked EXACTLY like a ghoulie ghost from that game.

billytheskink
12-07-2006, 07:40 AM
I'll have to go check it out, thanks Mr. M.

I was dissapointed that the first set did not have the pilot episode(s), despite using artwork on the case that directly referenced it.

Nathander
12-07-2006, 09:37 AM
There's a Pac Man reference in "House of Bloos"
HomestarRunner reference was in "Bloo's Brothers"

That's what came to mind off the top of my head.

There's also debatably a Homestarrunner reference in "Infernal Slumber", as the way the word possums is said is similar to the way it's said in one of the Teen Girl Squad cartoons. There's also a reference to "Twin Peaks" in the same episode, as Bloo does an impersonation of the Log Lady during Terrence's "dream".

But back on topic, does anyone remember a video game called "Grabbed by the Ghoulies" for Nintendo 64 I think? Anyways, Moose from EC looked EXACTLY like a ghoulie ghost from that game.

Actually, it was on the X Box, and was the first game Rare made after Microsoft acquired them. But you are indeed correct; I hadn't noticed it before, but Moose does indeed look like one of the ghoulies.

As for another secret I may have found, this goes back, yet again, to "Cuckoo for Coco Cards". Observe this screenshot:

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/3/314-0007.jpg

I don't know if it's just me, but the girl to the far right with the hairband looks a lot like how I would imagine a really young Trixie Tang from Fairly Oddparents looking. Probably a stretch, but every time I see that episode, that's what I think of when I see her.

taranchula
12-07-2006, 10:43 AM

They did a very small reference to Donkey Kong in the episode "Land of The Flea" during the scene where Frankie and Herriman were chasing after Eduardo, there was a brief part where Ed was throwing garbage cans at his pursuers and Frankie was jumping over them ala Mario in that game.

Mr. Marshmallow
12-07-2006, 01:58 PM
There's also a reference to "Twin Peaks" in the same episode, as Bloo does an impersonation of the Log Lady during Terrence's "dream".

Actually, it was on the X Box, and was the first game Rare made after Microsoft acquired them. But you are indeed correct; I hadn't noticed it before, but Moose does indeed look like one of the ghoulies.

Darkwing Duck had a whole episode parodying twins peaks in his show, the episode was called "Twin beaks" and had the log references and everything. Btw WOW...I am freaking shocked that someone else actually knows Grabbed by the ghoulies.

I was the only one I knew that not only played the game and liked it, but actually KNEW the game existed. Most people never heard of it.

Invader Bloo
12-07-2006, 02:05 PM

One False Movie is airing a couple times this month:
Sat at 1:30 PM
12/18 9:30 AM
Schitik is airing on 12/16 at 3:30 or 2:30 AM. Frankie My Dear is airing Friday at 1 AM & another tim ethis month. :O

hottoepicker
12-10-2006, 02:03 PM
uh...i haven't caught ANY of the Frankie-centric eppies yet (shakes fist at TV)

i just got to see 'frankie my dear' yesterday, i tivo foster's...it was really cute!!!

Partymember
12-10-2006, 02:21 PM
i ended up catching it at 1AM on Saturday! SOOOOOOOO awesome!

antgirl1
12-10-2006, 03:10 PM
In the episode "Cuckoo for Coco Cards", remember that monkey that Bloo had to give all that gum to to get all his cards (can't remember the monkey's name)?

That monkey's name was Gumbo.

CG
12-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Not a secret but more or less 'magical door portal'.

Mac Daddy
The doorway beneath the stairs leads into a toilet, as evident of Frankie fixing the door.

Bus the Two of Us
The doorway now transforms into a set of stairs leading all the way down to the basement.

Emancipation Complication
Finally the door becomes a storage cupboard.

Horay for magical doors! 8D

kaytea
12-10-2006, 03:35 PM
Not a secret but more or less 'magical door portal'.

Mac Daddy
The doorway beneath the stairs leads into a toilet, as evident of Frankie fixing the door.

Bus the Two of Us
The doorway now transforms into a set of stairs leading all the way down to the basement.

Emancipation Complication
Finally the door becomes a storage cupboard.

Horay for magical doors! 8D
WOOT!!!
what will the door lead to next time

andy8go
12-10-2006, 03:48 PM
1. Okay, lets think about Mr. Herriman for a second. Now lets stare at him for a moment. :herriman: There, anything familiar pop into your head yet? No?

"Girls, I can't seem to get this jar of pickles opened!"

Still nothing? Well, lets throw in some specific words out in the open.

Hat.
Eye glass.
Mustache.
POWER PUFF GIRLS.

If you haven't already figured it out, Mr. Harriman looks oddly like the Mayor from the Power Puff Girls!

2. Now, lets look at Frankie's shirt design for a moment. Zoom into a picture of Frankie and you'll see something pink, blue, and green... 8D

Those are the only secrets I know for now. If any of y'all have any secrets about Foster's you can share them here if you'd like.

havent u relized that this is the boy/girl kind of version of the power puff girls so they decided to sponser the show with stuff like that>:(

WOOT!!!
what will the door lead to next time

thats hillarious its really weird how that happens8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D :gooblab:

Ricky Fieldmouse
12-11-2006, 03:50 AM
Here's one I found out on Saturday during Setting a President

During the begining of the show, there is an IF that looks like a squid and an IF that looks like an owl. About a minute later, Frankie (Or Mr. H, can't remember) says their names "Billy the Squid" and "Mandy the Owl"
Billy the Squid & Mandy the Owl
This is not a coincidence. =P

TrickyDisco
12-11-2006, 12:53 PM

During the begining of the show, there is an IF that looks like a squid and an IF that looks like an owl. About a minute later, Frankie (Or Mr. H, can't remember) says their names "Billy the Squid" and "Mandy the Owl"

I love how they sneak in random fellow CN characters like that lol

Partymember
12-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Todays episode was Superfriends, and Mac tries a bunch of catchphrases. I noticed homages to Scooby-Doo and, more importantly, he tried the phrase "Ariel, Ookla, we ride!" From my favorite old show ever, THUNDARR THE BARBARIAN!

Also, when Bloo becomes evil, it is very Darth Vader-ish. He makes Star Wars refs later on, too.

montitech
12-18-2006, 07:19 PM
Todays episode was Superfriends, and Mac tries a bunch of catchphrases. I noticed homages to Scooby-Doo and, more importantly, he tried the phrase "Ariel, Ookla, we ride!" From my favorite old show ever, THUNDARR THE BARBARIAN!

Also, when Bloo becomes evil, it is very Darth Vader-ish. He makes Star Wars refs later on, too.

Thundar Rocked, I liked the Broken Moon in the opening.

As for bloo, It was definatly Dark Vadorish. particulary when he went to untied Mac and said:
:bloogrin "But Mac, I am your Father"
:) "Whhh-Whattt?"
:bloogrin "Join me and we will rule the Galaxy as Father and SOn."
:) "What are you talking about?"
ZAPPPPP (From Nemisister_
:) "Bloo?"

Monty :-/

"C" the Dragon
12-19-2006, 12:08 PM

We gotta pay attention to those things.:P But how intresting!:D

Partymember
12-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Thundarr, The Herculoids...man i miss Boomerang.

taranchula
12-19-2006, 04:43 PM

I thought the owls name was "Andy", or going by the character's full name "Hootin'Andy", named as such because hooting is what owls do most of the time. The name is also a play on the word "Hootenanny" (Which is another word for "Party").

CG
12-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Hootin' Andy I thought his name was.

SkittleMonkey
12-19-2006, 05:05 PM
One thing I noticed was that the floating octopus that's hanging up the banner in The Big Picture looks like Bubbles's (from the Powerpuff Girls) stuffed octopus. Other obvious examples would be the "Where's Waldo" reference when Bloo tries to find Wally in the photo album-that AND just look at what Wally is wearing!-, the Gollum reference in PSSS, the resemblance of Adam(GWH) to the comic book guy(Simpsons), the names Douglas and Adam and the 42 on Adam's shirt(Douglas Adams: Hitch-hiker's Guide), and the short part in the ending credits of Challenge of the Super Friends when Bloo is improvising his superhero themesong and does Batman's themesong near the end.....Ummm, I think that's it.

montitech
12-19-2006, 05:55 PM
I think Wally is actually a even Mix of Gallagher meets Waldo.

Monty :-/

antgirl1
12-20-2006, 06:37 AM
On GWH, there on the part with Wilt in that big "moving" truck, reminds me SO MUCH of Toy Story. Anyone else?

FostersFriend
12-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Hootin' Andy I thought his name was.

The owls name is Hootin' Andy, I just watched the episode :P

pitbulllady
12-24-2006, 07:24 AM
The logo on Mac's shirt and his mask in "Challenge of the Superfriends" closely resembles The Incredibles logo and masks. There's also that Darth Vader reference with Bloo in that same episode.

pitbulllady

Invader Bloo
12-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Plus when Bloo was angry that' show Vader is when he's mad.

Mr. Marshmallow
12-24-2006, 12:23 PM
I don't know if this really constitutes as a "secret" or if it is a direct nod to anything but, in "House of Bloo's", the big monster Extremeasaurus (I think it was called that). That looked ALOT like something out of Mario Brothers.

You know the Chain Chompers? Those ball and chains with razor sharp teeth that snap at you when you walk by. I know it's a loose connection but that was the first thing that came to mind when i saw it.

pitbulllady
12-24-2006, 12:57 PM
I don't know if this really constitutes as a "secret" or if it is a direct nod to anything but, in "House of Bloo's", the big monster Extremeasaurus (I think it was called that). That looked ALOT like something out of Mario Brothers.

You know the Chain Chompers? Those ball and chains with razor sharp teeth that snap at you when you walk by. I know it's a loose connection but that was the first thing that came to mind when i saw it.

It kinda reminded me of the "Omnidroid" in The Incredibles, only with a mouth! Guess I'm such a die-hard Pixar geek that I can't help it, but apparently so is Craig, from the subtle(and not-so-subtle)Pixar references he sneaks in!

It would be pretty darn funny if Buddy Pine showed up at the Creator Reunion Picnic, now, wouldn't it?

pitbulllady

Mr. Marshmallow
12-24-2006, 01:07 PM
It would be pretty darn funny if Buddy Pine showed up at the Creator Reunion Picnic, now, wouldn't it?

pitbulllady

It would be shocking actually, considering he's dead.

Ditchy McAbandonpants
12-27-2006, 12:40 AM
By "Secrets", it seems that you mean in-jokes or subtle references...you all have done a good job of spotting them, but I'm surprised you missed some of the more obvious ones. If we're talking 80's game references, what about the very direct Pac-Man tribute in "House of Bloo's", when the Extremeasaurus loses its legs and chases Ghost-lookalike Bloo around the junkyard, complete with top-down view and NES-style synth music? :bloogrin

Or on the Powerpuff Girls subject, there was always the Mojo Jojo cameo in the pilot (complete with a very brief three-note musical hint of Mojo's theme music), but I doubt you missed that...more subtle was Bloo mentioning "Townsville" in his list of cities his business would be supplying in "Cookie Dough", or more subtle still, the design of the sugar box used to "flavour" the punch in "Partying Is Such Sweet Soiree" is a replica of the one used in the PPG opening sequence...

BlooCheese
12-28-2006, 12:26 PM

I think "Billy the Squid" is a play on words for Billy the Kid.

fosters home fan
12-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Cheese and GIR (from Invader ZIM) act similar.:cheesegrin:

They both say random things

and

They both scream high pitched.

Also they have small torsos.

T-Rexotron
01-04-2007, 02:55 PM
In Land of the Flea, another reference was made to the mayor of Townsville in the Powerpuff Girls.

The rest are already said here. No more from me

LaBloo
01-05-2007, 12:45 PM
In "Challenge of the superfriends", Jackie Khones Watches the Movie Mac Made in "One False Movie".

indigo3394
01-05-2007, 03:10 PM
in the episode where edwardo was trying to be brave and fight the monsters, ed, edd, eddy was in that show :terrence:

it was obvious

CartoonNetworkFan
04-13-2008, 10:57 PM
There are many characters in Foster's home based on diffrent characters. eg In Eddie Monster the kid with the red hair and glasses looks like Dexter, and the snooty father in episode 1 looks like Dexters dad. Coincindence? I think not 8D

Craig art directed "Dexter's Lab"

Lucky
09-11-2010, 09:02 PM
In "Sweet Stench of Sucess", the resturaunt Bloo "Deo" is at is called "Nice Burger", a parody of Good Burger from All That.

This is also kinda interesting. There was a 2003 Powerpuff Girls picture book called "Powerpuff Girls save Halloween", and while the kindergarten class are telling scary stories, an imaginative little girl comes up. This is what she looks like:

1. Chin-length brown hair
2. Red tee
3. Black sneakers
4. Sonewhat-squarish head shape

Hmm.....

Green Blockhead
09-16-2010, 10:31 AM
This isn't really a secret, but it's a sighting.

In Cheese A Go-Go, Frankie's trying to find Bloo in the cinema.

As she walks along the annoyed viewers of the movie, one of them is Frankie's dumped boyfriend, Dylan.

So it appears that Frankie's dumped boyfriend has a very brief cameo in the episode.

KazooBloo
12-06-2016, 11:51 AM
I don't see how Herriman looks anything like Mayor from PPG.

His facial features are nothing like Mayor. His accessories can't be taken into account.