PDA

View Full Version : have you met someone famous?

Invader Bloo
11-11-2006, 11:32 AM
I do he's married to my mom's friend,he does the voice over forsome movie trailers. I forget his name,any one else met a someone famous?

Howard
11-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Lemme see:

Chris Squire (bass player for Yes) Pensacola, FL - 1991

Rick Wakeman (keyboard player for Yes) Pensacola, FL - 1991

Alice Cooper (Arizona's own) quite a few times.

Les Paul (the namesake of Gibson's most famous guitar) - 1979

B.B. King (at NAMM) - 1980

Leo Fender (founder of the famous stratocaster and telecaster guitars) - 1982

Greg Lake (of the group Emerson Lake and Palmer) - once in 1997 and interacted with him on his website.

That is all I can think of for now:cheese: :frankiesmile:

kageri
11-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Tom Kenny. Really nice guy.

X-Cheese-fangirl-x
11-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Tom Kenny. Really nice guy.

Lucky...

I've met one of the old Blue Peter presenters at my local church once, and when my dad was running a marathon we got a autograph from a guy in this soap.
I really want to meet Kate Winslet.

Dark "DC" Chaos
11-11-2006, 02:23 PM
I actually met Arnold Schwazenegger at one of his political rallies before he became California governor. He was shaking hands; he shook mine. It was cool.

GrimTheLost
11-11-2006, 02:43 PM
I met all of the members of the Dead 60's (a band from England.) And also all of the members of Second Shift a local Atlanta band. They were all cool. Jade from AFI waved at me on their current tour.

montitech
11-11-2006, 03:46 PM
I met Mellany
(not sure of the spelling she played in woodstock)

MOnty :-/

Mr. Marshmallow
11-11-2006, 03:49 PM
I met Bozo the clown and was actually on his show when I was a kid.

I met Andrew W.K. and got my whole shirt signed by his band at Ozzfest 2002.

But my fav. celeb meeting was with the KICK ASS voice actor legend himself, Scott McNeil.

I met him at an anime convention about 2 years ago. He was SO nice and so cool, a real dediciated fan guy. I loved talking to him.

My relatives however have met more famous people due to the fact my Uncle is an assistant director for TV shows. He's met Wayne Knight, Jeff Goldbloom, Madonna, Britney Spears, Gene Wilder, John Cleese, Minnie Driver, Alec Baldwin, Sharon Osbourne, Cher, and Warren Beatty.

Those wondering what those particular celebs have in common, they all have been on "Will and Grace" from NBC. My uncle was the assistant director to the director of that show and he worked with the cast and all those celebs.

kaytea
11-11-2006, 03:50 PM
I never met anyone famous

*crawls in a corner and sulks*

One Radical Dude
11-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Well, let's see, most of the folks I've meet are voice-overs, and a few creators. In 2005, I met anime dub voice-over actor Vic Mignogna (probably best known for doing Edward Elric in Fullmetal Alchemist), Sandy Fox, and Monica Rial (both also Anime VAs).

2006: Many of you already know this, but if you didn't know, I met quite a bit of people. It began with Chris Sanders (Lilo & Stitch creator, and the voice of Stitch), Rob Paulsen, Maurice LaMarche (both VAs). Then, it was Craig McCracken and Lauren Faust (they worked on this show, as you know), Keith Ferguson (it's Bloo!!!), Tom Kenny (ay caramba, we all know this guy by now), Grey DeLisle (another talented VA, and of course, she's Frankie, Duchess, and Goo), Phil LaMarr (another great, also is the Wilt-Man), Khaki Jones (she's the Cartoon Network executive in production, I think), Adam Pava, Tim McKeon (both were writers for Foster's), Danny Antonucci (Ed, Edd 'n Eddy creator), Joe Murray (creator of Rocko's Modern Life and Camp Lazlo), Everett Peck (creator of Duckman and Squirrel Boy), Judd Winick (creator of The Life & Times of Juniper Lee), Candi Milo (VA, and is the voice of Coco, Madame Foster, and Cheese), Sean Marquette (actor, and the voice of Mac), and Mr. Warburton (Codename: Kids Next Door creator).

I believe that's all. Phew. 8D

lucyrocks73
11-11-2006, 05:58 PM
My life's boring.

Well, I met an English duchess in Italy while on the train. Her name was Margaret something.

I also met Joanna Pacetti (the girl who was Annie but was fired a few years ago?)... She used to be good friends with my dance teacher, and went to see my dance show.

That's it for me, but I kow other people who've met famous people...

My mother's met Patty Smyth. I envy her.

My grandmother met Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom because she was in England when Pirates of the Carribean 2 premiered.

A girl in my French class knows Hilary Duff really well. They used to be penpals or something, and they go out for coffee everytime she comes to Hershey for a concert.

I have another friend who has met a buncho celebs because her dad is a security guard at the Giant Center in Hershey.

Yeah. I don't know many famous people...

-Marty :goo:

Medikor
11-11-2006, 06:29 PM
I am so jealous of you, Mr.Marshmellow! Scott Mcneil is my favorite voice-actor in the world. I would love to meet him. I would also like to meet Peter Cullen (voice of the original Optimus Prime and Eeyor from Winnnie the Poo) Tom Kenny (voice of Spongebob) Grey Delisle (voice of my beloved Frankie) and Cam Clark (the voice of the original Leonardo of Ninja Turtles and the voice of Kratos from Tales of Symphonia).
I havent really met anyone famouse perse'. I did get a one day guest teaching from Joan Mcellen from "Welcom To My Kitchem" in grade five or six. She has a cooking show here in the Maritimes.

gircheese
11-12-2006, 10:46 AM
:cheese::cheesegrin: i wish i did:cheesegrin: :cheese:

montitech
11-12-2006, 12:51 PM
I met the daughter of the Author who wrote the "Hardy Boys" when I took my son to playgroup at the Library Last month. THe librarian said she stops by frequently.

Monty :-/

Mr. Marshmallow
11-12-2006, 02:11 PM
I am so jealous of you, Mr.Marshmellow! Scott Mcneil is my favorite voice-actor in the world. I would love to meet him.

Yeah he was loads of fun. A very nice guy, someone who really takes time to show appreciation to the fans and very funny too. I hopefully would like to geet an answering machine recording from the Foster's VAs at Comic con.

The celebs I REALLY want to meet tho would be Tim Burton, Tim Curry, James Marsters, Johnny Depp, Ron Pearlmen, Tress MacNeille, Sid Haig, Kane Hodder, Nick Stahl, and Steve Carrell.

CCMars
11-13-2006, 09:54 AM
I was an extra for a Josh Hartnett a little more than a year ago. I never actually got to talk with him, but he did run right in front of me as we were filming a scene.

I have also met the Seattle Seahawks team a couple of times, and spoke with Bewitched. (Anyone remember them?)

Howard
11-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Lemme see, I have joggled the memory some more: I met John Lee Hooker at Celebrity Theater (backstage of his performance). He died 4 months later - he was in his 80's.:frankiesmile:

donna323
11-13-2006, 01:07 PM
I saw Roseanne Barr at a book signing at Costco in San Francisco at leat 15 years ago. It was during her Roseanne Arnold phase.

Kzinistzerg
11-13-2006, 05:29 PM
I know Tom Steigerwald, a well-known-ish painter. He's amazing. But I don't know anyone else famous, though my uncle knows pretty much all of the top motorcycle racers.

HappyFoppy
11-14-2006, 06:52 AM
The only person I ever met was Nicole Bouraâza, a Belgian writer. (From another land of course - we Belgians don't have those weird names. Well, maybe... *laugh*) Oh yeah, a friend of mine put up a world record of the worst case ever of some disease he had on his kidney. But I don't think he'll be in the Guinness Book with it.

ORD met so much voice actors. :O *jealous*

Mr. Marshmallow
11-14-2006, 02:01 PM
My uncle actually told me alot of secret little quirks and things about the celebs on "Will and Grace", I thought it'd be fun to share a few.

Britney Spears - VERY nice, very polite and an apologetic kind of person. But also can have a bit of an ego problem.

Warren Beatty - Extremely intelligent, well versed with politics and my uncle's favorite celebrity to chat with.

Madonna - She acted like.....rhymes with witch. Shuts herself away from everyone and acts like she's god's gift to men.

Jeff Goldbloom - Polite, very professional but a bit over analytical. My uncle says he would actually memorize EVERYONE'S lines as well as his own, and correct the other cast mates if they missed something.

Rob Schneider - Has a VERY VERY VERY bad temper. He swears, curses, and gets pissed off really easy. I was totally surprised to hear this.

Howard
11-14-2006, 03:07 PM
OMG! How could I have forgotten this? Back in 1994, I was "volunteered" by the base commander to be the duty driver for Bill Shatner. He was doing some event down on Harbor Drive in San Diego. So here I was driving an official Dodge Aries K (our official cars) with Bill in the back. I was dressed in my full dress whites (complete with gloves), and medals, driving. I did not say a word to him, because I was warned and read that he had an attitude problem and could be argumentative. Anyway, when we got to our destination, I got out and opened the door for him. He walked past me saying, "you are a quiet one aren't you." My only reply was a hearty "Yes sir!" I told my division officer if they ever volunteer me for driving stars like that again - I would go UA (Unauthorized Absence, or AWOL). :terrence:

CG
11-14-2006, 03:58 PM
I've only met one famous person.

Rachel Berger, at her book signing in the city a good 4 years ago. We talked, I was the only one there; either I was way early or way late, and she signed the book I bought with 'Tina, keep on smiling - it keeps the wrinkles away!'. I still have the book.

Jabberwocky
11-14-2006, 04:00 PM
Dick Goddard said he likes my hair and gave me a pat on the head. Top that!

Imaginary Light
11-15-2006, 12:09 PM
I don't know if this really counts since we're family, but Morgan Fairchild is my dad's cousin.

Cassini90125
11-15-2006, 12:19 PM
I don't know if this really counts since we're family, but Morgan Fairchild is my dad's cousin.

I had to track down the "Post Your Picture" thread for this, but I do think I see some family resemblance. :)

YuckieDuck
11-21-2006, 08:37 AM
I have never met anyone famous, but I would like to meet any Foster's cast/crew members. :)

heartless95
12-02-2006, 09:00 AM
I`ve met the Veronicas (Jess said she liked my pink "hi loser" happy bunny hoodie) and the Jonas Brothers

I really want to meet Rihanna and Ryan Cabrera.But then again, I just like meeting famous people.

scary_dream
12-03-2006, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't say I've MET them since there was no talking involved, but I've seen the members of KISS in person.

hottoepicker
12-04-2006, 05:51 PM
when i was volunteering at a large cat rescue facility we took a trip (business) to l.a. and stayed in beverly hills, at 'slash' from guns n roses house and sebastian bach was there as well. i have to say, he is really handsome in person and very personable...strange experience though...very quiet.

i also met dean koontz at a book signing and got a picture with him.

Partymember
12-06-2006, 01:45 PM
!!!!Morgan Fairchild!!!!!!!!

woah......

and Melanie Safka, Monty, geez...wow.

Duck2k met B.B. King...

oh man!!! I need to get OUT there! My dad met John Wayne.