PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Before Christmas

GrimTheLost
10-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Okay, I wnted to start this thread since i got to see the 3D version Friday. I loved this movie as a child and I still loved it. 3D is nice and you can keep the glasses. I recomend you all go out and see it!:)

scary_dream
10-21-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm going to see it Sunday :D I looooooove this movie, and I always have. I remember being little and pretending to sew myself up like Sally lol!

NBXM is SUCH a classic.

kaytea
10-21-2006, 01:57 PM
omg I must see this O__O
NBC is one of my fave movies as a kid and it still is
I just love to sing the songs exspecialy "kidnap the sandy claws"

Mr. Marshmallow
10-21-2006, 02:28 PM
This movie is a classic, I don't think there's a person on this planet that doesn't love this movie in someway or another. Nightmare is easily Burton's greatest masterpiece. I love Burton's work and this is easily one of his greatest films of all time, not to mention original.

The characters, the animation process, the music is fantastic and I have the soundtrack on CD. I listen to it in my car and find myself trying to sing as the characters themselves. I sound weird I know. Plus, Nightmare was used as a level for both Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2.

I might see the 3D version, I'm kinda too bust at the moment but it's a wonderful movie, with out without 3D effects.

GrimTheLost
10-21-2006, 03:43 PM
It was way worth the eight dollars to see it.

Medikor
10-21-2006, 06:08 PM
I have to admit that I never wanted to see this movie. I always thought it was an anti-christmas movie. But after hearing about how sweet and touching it is, I gave it a try when I found it by flipping through the channels last holiday season. Needles to say, I loved it! Now I'm trying to spread the word and to get my mom to watch it. She loves Christmas more then anything, and I'm sure she would enjoy this masterpiece.

vannielou
10-21-2006, 06:11 PM
this movie is a classic and one of my favorites
very very catchy songs

Nyo
10-21-2006, 06:42 PM
very very catchy songs

Agreed.

Mr. Marshmallow
10-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Those songs are what makes it so memorable I think.

I've been listening to em non stop over the past couple days on my computer.

My favorite song has definitely got to be "This is Halloween", or Jack's first song in the movie.

GrimTheLost
10-22-2006, 12:13 AM
I am actually going to get Jack and Sally tattoed on my arms. Jack on my right and Sally on the left.

Imaginary Light
10-22-2006, 10:28 AM
I love The Nightmare Before Christmas, and I'm very disappointed that the 3D version isn't soming anywhere near me. The movie came out when I was 4 yea's ol' (8D) and I've loved it ever since. The soundtrack is on my iPod and I listen to it all the time.

Invader Bloo
10-22-2006, 12:11 PM
It's on CN next Sunday. Strange Disney wouldn't air it, but CN did air "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?".

Mr. Marshmallow
10-22-2006, 12:20 PM
The funny thing is that the 3D movie also came with an updated soundtrack. Now not only do you get all the orchestral versions of the songs, and the original ones, but 5 of the songs have been remade by some of today's popular artists.

I've only heard 4 of em, 2 are awesome, 1 sucks and another one is iffie iffie. The new remade songs are:

This is Halloween by Marylin Manson
This is Halloween by Panic! At the Disco
Sally's Song by Fiona Apple
What's this by Fall out Boy
Kidnap Sandy Claws by She Wants Revenge

I heard all of them except for the Panic version of this is halloween. Kidnap Sandy Claws's remake is TERRIBLE, worst song remake I ever heard. Manson easily has the best song out of the remakes, and Fiona does a great Sally's song.

Fall out boy's version is weird, half of it is good the other half just sounds irratating. Download em off MP3 and see what i mean.

GrimTheLost
10-22-2006, 02:23 PM
The funny thing is that the 3D movie also came with an updated soundtrack. Now not only do you get all the orchestral versions of the songs, and the original ones, but 5 of the songs have been remade by some of today's popular artists.

I've only heard 4 of em, 2 are awesome, 1 sucks and another one is iffie iffie. The new remade songs are:

I heard all of them except for the Panic version of this is halloween. Kidnap Sandy Claws's remake is TERRIBLE, worst song remake I ever heard. Manson easily has the best song out of the remakes, and Fiona does a great Sally's song.

Fall out boy's version is weird, half of it is good the other half just sounds irratating. Download em off MP3 and see what i mean.

I listened to them on YouTube and they were pretty good, I didn't see the SWR song, but I liked the Manson one and P!atD was weak and FoB's song was alright I just don't like them, so yeah.

kaytea
10-22-2006, 10:49 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO okay some of them are quite good
but still
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!

Kzinistzerg
10-23-2006, 03:35 PM
I remeber this movie! I love it, it's such a great, catchy, movie. Absolutely awesome.

scary_dream
10-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Those songs are what makes it so memorable I think.

I've been listening to em non stop over the past couple days on my computer.

My favorite song has definitely got to be "This is Halloween", or Jack's first song in the movie.

I love "This is Halloween", "Oogie Boogie's song" and "Kidnap the Sandy Claws"!

I finally got to see it in 3D... AMAZING! There was one part where it looked like Oogie's dice were going to hit me in the face 8D

Imaginary Light
10-24-2006, 12:14 PM

For some reason, I don't really like the idea of bands today re-making these songs.

Cassini90125
10-24-2006, 12:18 PM
For some reason, I don't really like the idea of bands today re-making these songs.

Nor do I. A remake is almost never as good as the original. There are exceptions, but they're few and far between.

InsaneFan
10-24-2006, 02:19 PM
YES! I love this movie. JACK IZ T3H SP1FF!!11!!!!11!

*ehem* Sorry. That happens when my fangirliness becomes super-powerful. Heh.

But yeah, I have all the original songs on my iPod. I'll check out the remakes, but I'm havin' my doubts...

Mr. Marshmallow
10-24-2006, 02:52 PM
I don't usually mind song remakes since it's nothing like remaking a movie, that's whole big ordeal all together. Song remakes are not often anyway, and sometimes it's usually much older songs like from the 80's or something.

Like how Disturbed did Tears for Fears song "Shout" or the Ataris remaking "Boys of summer" from....I don't know :terrconf:. I think the only real reason the songs were remade were simply to add to the whole publicity of the movie's release.

Movies don't get jammed back into theaters with 3D effects after years of DVD shelf life around their belts. My guess is remaking the 4 songs was a means to attract popuarlity and just a means of getting more money out of the film.

Considering that I just download music anyways and not buy CDs that often, it's not a problem I really worry about since I know I can get it for free without feeling ripped off. But remakes are either absolutely amazing or totally craptacular.

It's all in the matter of what you like as far as taste goes in the end.

GrimTheLost
10-24-2006, 02:58 PM
It's all in the matter of what you like as far as taste goes in the end.

See, you can always trust Manson to do a good job at covers. No matter who you are.

Mr. Marshmallow
10-24-2006, 02:59 PM
See, you can always trust Manson to do a good job at covers. No matter who you are.

As Rob Zombie would no doubt say, Hell yes to that!

Mac
10-24-2006, 06:02 PM
I looooooooooooooooooooove this movie! I really wanna see it in the theater. I didn't know it was in 3-D! I just figured they were showing it again for the holidays. Yay!

GrimTheLost
10-24-2006, 06:04 PM
I looooooooooooooooooooove this movie! I really wanna see it in the theater. I didn't know it was in 3-D! I just figured they were showing it again for the holidays. Yay!

You will not be dissapointed.

lucyrocks73
10-29-2006, 08:58 AM
I loved this movie.

I called it "Jack" when I was little... Heh.

I can remember being really little and saying, "Mama, I want to watch Jack! Jack! Jack!"

It's interesting, though- it seems to have become a... er, goth (for lack of a better word- I hate labeling, as anyone who has read the Emos thread knows) icon.

I'm just glad that I could get my friends to see a musical.

Ha.

As for the remakes discussion... Hmm... Well, it depends on the song. I mean, I think that No Doubt's cover of "It's My Life" rocks as much as Talk Talk's original. But those stupid Disney CDs of all covers? Cut me a break.

-Marty :goo:

GrimTheLost
10-29-2006, 10:41 AM
It's interesting, though- it seems to have become a... er, goth (for lack of a better word- I hate labeling, as anyone who has read the Emos thread knows) icon.

It really has, I'm just glad it has survived for 13 years.

DoubleLatte
10-31-2006, 11:11 PM
I actually sat back and watched it today. Definitely brought back warm memories. It's been so long since I've seen it, I had absolutely forgotten how sweet and romantic the very last scene with Jack and Sally was. :3 That's my type of happy ending.

Nathander
11-02-2006, 06:33 PM
One of my favorite holiday movies ever. I remember being frightened of seeing it when I was a child (I was about six years old when it first came out and back then, well, I was pretty much afraid of anything), but I loved it when I finally got to see it. The story is sweet and the soundtrack is incredible ("Making Christmas", "Oogie Boogie's Song", and "Kidnap Sandy Claws" being my personal favorites, though really the entire soundtrack shines). I'm just glad that the movie caught on, because it really does deserve to be preserved.

Mr. Marshmallow
11-02-2006, 07:36 PM
("Making Christmas", "Oogie Boogie's Song", and "Kidnap Sandy Claws" being my personal favorites, though really the entire soundtrack shines).

I think "Boogie's song" is fantastic, we learn everything about who he is, what he likes to do, how he talks, everything about his character in that song. And what a song it was, the piano/gambling beat was just perfect for Oogie Boogie.

I also think he's a fine addition to the vast assortment of famous Disney villains. Oogie Boogie was original, creepy looking, and had a great appearance with the whole bag of bugs thing. I was so happy he came back for Kingdom hearts 2.

Halloweentown is one of the BEST levels in the Kingdom hearts game series, I totally loved it all over again when they came back in KH2.