PDA

View Full Version : Mac

Pages : [1] 2

Bloofanatic
08-16-2006, 07:41 AM
I think Mac is pretty cool he's my 2nd fave charecter.

FostersFriend
08-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Yeah Mac is a very smart boy for his age, and actually very mature which is surprising from and eight year old (no offence to eight year olds o course) but yeah Mac is a great character and just like Frankie he cares for many Imaginary friends :)

Kzinistzerg
08-16-2006, 08:38 AM
I find it interesting that he seems to mature a lot from the first episode on. He and Bloo really do sound like teeny kids in the pilot, by the second season they've become more mature. Or at leat, Mac has. Can't say much for Bloo. I guess being separated forced a change...?

BlooCheese
08-16-2006, 01:04 PM
Mac is my favorite character. What I find rather interesting is his design. He's actually just a triangle with a square on top.
Square head or not, Mac's cool. (I like his square head. It's original.) And he's smart for an eight-year-old. In a world full of children who run around screaming for attention and toys and whatnot, it's nice to see a kid with some sense, even if he is a cartoon character. And Mac's also cute.

ch3353-h4xx0rrrr
08-16-2006, 01:17 PM
He's actually just a triangle with a square on top.
Woah. -goes off to test this theory-

Kzinistzerg
08-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Yeah. Keep in mind that even the smart kids don't always act well. I was a pretty smart kid- I skipped a head a year in math and went into school a bit early and even using my superior (I'm joking) brainpower I can't figure out why I hadn't been shot. I was pretty much the worst combination of Duchess and Bloo. The reason I mention this is that I, supposedly gifted, acted a lot worse than everyone else around me, and most of my friends were like Mac. Normal and reasonable. So he's not THAT rare, you just have to treat the kids like they're adults and they will grow up to be proper adults.

In other words, Mac isn't unique but he is a great character. I mean, unique among people. Among cartoon characters he is.

And, for some reason, he looks and acts like my oldest brother! (Without the sugar)

ch3353-h4xx0rrrr
08-16-2006, 01:25 PM
I was a pretty smart kid- I skipped a head a year in math and went into school a bit early and even using my superior (I'm joking) brainpower I can't figure out why I hadn't been shot.
I'm *doing* that now. An eighth grader in geometry. Several, actually. I live in a "smart" district. =D

Neeways, I agree with you. It's a matter of finding the right combination between skillz and smarts. :)

BlooCheese
08-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Yeah. Keep in mind that even the smart kids don't always act well. I was a pretty smart kid- I skipped a head a year in math and went into school a bit early and even using my superior (I'm joking) brainpower I can't figure out why I hadn't been shot. I was pretty much the worst combination of Duchess and Bloo. The reason I mention this is that I, supposedly gifted, acted a lot worse than everyone else around me, and most of my friends were like Mac. Normal and reasonable. So he's not THAT rare, you just have to treat the kids like they're adults and they will grow up to be proper adults.

True, true. I guess I don't like little kids very much and haven't met any that are mature and reasonable. And I'm the youngest in my family, so I never really got to see another little kid grow up.

Kzinistzerg
08-16-2006, 01:41 PM
I also dislike small children for this reason, because few of them act well enough for me. However, if you listen, you can quickly tell whether or not the kid is capable of being nice. Most of the time a child who is irritating to people can become a well-behaved kid if you just talk to them like they were people. Their friends do, and the fact that adults don't usually makes them angry.

In the pilot, there's several parts where Mac gets angry because Terrence is being somehting that should be censored and so on. But once he got friends at fosters he had people that talked to him like he was normal. He didn't sound as whiny. Actually the devs prolly thought he sounded too little and asked the voice actor to change it a bit, but whatever.

BlooCheese
08-16-2006, 03:46 PM
In the pilot, there's several parts where Mac gets angry because Terrence is being somehting that should be censored and so on. But once he got friends at fosters he had people that talked to him like he was normal. He didn't sound as whiny.

I didn't think Mac sounded whiny, which is another reason why I like him. He knows how to behave and act maturely.

Kzinistzerg
08-16-2006, 04:08 PM
He did, a BIT in the pilot. But then again, he had good reason. He dosn't normally, which is good.

BlooCheese
08-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Yes indeed.

One Radical Dude
08-16-2006, 07:55 PM
It's great that he's smart and tries to stay out of trouble. However, I think Mac's character is more interesting, when he reveals his flaws (or gets into trouble himself, which can be worse than Bloo himself). In my opinion, Mac's flaws make him more realistic than being some generic kid that always does good and stays out of trouble. You must give the kid credit for imagining the coolest friend ever! :)

Bloofanatic
08-16-2006, 10:14 PM
You must give the kid credit for imagining the coolest friend ever! :)

You've got that right. Mac is really cool just keep him away from sugar.

Mac
08-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I loooooooooooooooove Mac. If you couldn't tell already from the screen name. Heh.

I just adore him. He's smart, cute and his voice is adorable. I also think he's a very deep character.

BlooCheese
08-17-2006, 08:23 PM
You must give the kid credit for imagining the coolest friend ever! :)

Hey! That's another reason for my liking of Mac that I've never thought of before.

One Radical Dude
08-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Hey! That's another reason for my liking of Mac that I've never thought of before.

There you go, then! :bloosmirk:

I just adore him. He's smart, cute and his voice is adorable. I also think he's a very deep character.

I forgot to mention that Mac's character is very deep. You're right. :)

Bloofanatic
08-19-2006, 10:09 PM
I've been wondering this for awhile now. What will happen if Mac's mum found out that Mac visits Bloo at foster's everyday?

One Radical Dude
08-19-2006, 10:12 PM
I've been wondering this for awhile now. What will happen if Mac's mum found out that Mac visits Bloo at foster's everyday?

Things will likely get pretty nasty.

Kzinistzerg
08-20-2006, 06:46 AM
Yeah... But I dunno, Mac might be able to tell er thatat least Bloo isn't causing throuble (snort).

Sims Katie
08-20-2006, 06:53 AM
For something that's such a big secret, he's not hiding it very well. I mean, he makes a video for class saying "I go to Foster's" that his mum could have seen, and in "The Big Cheese" he's at the house when the TV crew shows up! Hello, mother's watch television, you know?

Kzinistzerg
08-20-2006, 06:59 AM
Yeah, you're right... He was really late in "Dinner is Swerved" and he was at the house... AT NIGHT in "Partying is Such Sweet Soiree." And speaking of which, wouldn't all that with the sugar have been really obvious to anyone who'd seen it before? Wouldn't it raise questions?

InsaneFan
08-20-2006, 10:23 AM
It's called "The writers don't have all that in mind when they're writing episodes" ;D

BlooCheese
08-20-2006, 10:25 AM
LOL. Hopefully Mac's mum won't find out.

Kzinistzerg
08-20-2006, 10:37 AM
Yeah that would definitely mess up everyone's plans...

kageri
08-20-2006, 10:39 AM
I'd hope that she would be relieved that he found some way to hang out with Bloo without him living with them, since I suspect him being too old for an IF was just an excuse she used to get Bloo out of the house.

And maybe she was at work when the news thing aired. Who knows.

Sparky
08-20-2006, 03:16 PM
He's also taken Bloo to school (Bloo's Brothers), so what's to keep his teacher from casually mentioning that to Mom at a parent/teacher night? Or any of the kids coming up to Mac while he and his mom are out somewhere and asking him about Bloo? The writers really don't cover all their bases. ;)

BlooCheese
08-20-2006, 04:38 PM
What about in Camp Keep a Good Mac Down when they all went camping for two days and Mac never went home?

LaBlooGirl
08-20-2006, 05:36 PM
I find it interesting that he seems to mature a lot from the first episode on. He and Bloo really do sound like teeny kids in the pilot, by the second season they've become more mature. Or at leat, Mac has. Can't say much for Bloo. I guess being separated forced a change...?

We actually had a discussion about that in the old forums, something along the lines of Bloo acting up and completely changing to more chaotic after having been seperated from Mac, and now forced to live apart. Bloo seems to enjoy Foster's, but I think he'd still rather be with Mac in his apartment. (I mean, he even invented a sleepover that no one knew about, just like that, and invited other Imaginaries. You could tell Bloo missed being with Mac at what he would recognize as his true home. Or, he just doesn't like being away from Mac and so he conjurs up crazy schemes to go see him, even WITH the fact that Mac visits daily.)

Bloo seems to have regressed, being even more child-like. Poor Bloo. It just proves the way he's psychologically been affected. I love how subtle Craig can be like that...don't know if that was his intention, but it sure makes for an interesting character development.

Sparky
08-20-2006, 05:55 PM
What about in Camp Keep a Good Mac Down when they all went camping for two days and Mac never went home?

As I recall at the beginning of the ep someone (Wilt I believe) said "What did Mac tell his mom he was going to be doing all weekend?" and Coco said a bunch of coco's and the first person was like "Oh yeah, what a good story!". Something like that. So they *did* say that Mac had lied/witheld the truth to his mom about where he was going.

Sims Katie
08-20-2006, 06:09 PM
The writers really don't cover all their bases. ;)
Or maybe Mac is 8 years old? My niece still thinks she can get out of eating her veggies by hiding them under her napkin, and she's almost 8. Little kids don't always think as far ahead :P

Wait, I just realized something - in "Bus" Bloo picks Mac up in the morning from what looked like either school or a playground, and he was on the bus until night. Didn't anyone notice he was missing?! :o

taranchula
08-20-2006, 06:14 PM
As I recall at the beginning of the ep someone (Wilt I believe) said "What did Mac tell his mom he was going to be doing all weekend?" and Coco said a bunch of coco's and the first person was like "Oh yeah, what a good story!". Something like that. So they *did* say that Mac had lied/witheld the truth to his mom about where he was going.

Um, actually that scene was from the beginning of "Foster's Goes to Europe". When Wilt was asking about how come Mac is going on a European vacation with all of his friends insted of his family.

Allthough there could be a similar scene in "Camp Keep a Good Mac Down"... I'll go watch it again and check.

EDIT: Nope, there is no such scene in "Camp Keep a Good Mac Down" at all, but at least on the bright side I got an excuse to watch it again.... it was "teh funny".

Sparky
08-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Okay. Well, I remembered it from *something*.

And Sims Katie, there was also the incedent where Mac went to the junkyard in the middle of the night, PJs and all, in Eddie Monster (and Terrence was out there too until who knows how late - however late *that* was it can be assumed Mac got home even later). I guess Infernal Slumber proved that Mom can sleep through *anything*, so I guess that's how she didn't notice that. But in Bus the Two of Us, yeah, she should have noticed when Mac didn't even come *home* until all hours.

BlooCheese
08-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Oh. I forgot. :bloocross:

Kzinistzerg
08-21-2006, 06:57 AM
Yeah... There's definitely some loopholes in this... But maybe she assumes he was off with some 'real' friends?

billytheskink
08-21-2006, 07:30 AM
considering how Terrance spends his time, I'd say Mac's Mom doesn't care too much where Mac spends his time after school. It gives the writers less to worry about, which is good, they can concentrate on making things funny.

Taking everything in the show into account, I would be surprised if she didn't know that Mac spent time at Fosters. She'd have to be pretty out of the loop to not know.

Sparky
08-21-2006, 10:06 AM
considering how Terrance spends his time, I'd say Mac's Mom doesn't care too much where Mac spends his time after school. It gives the writers less to worry about, which is good, they can concentrate on making things funny.

Taking everything in the show into account, I would be surprised if she didn't know that Mac spent time at Fosters. She'd have to be pretty out of the loop to not know.

Which is a good point too. She might actually know, and pretends that she doesn't for one reason or another.

BlooCheese
08-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Which makes me wonder if she really got rid of Bloo because Mac was "too old for an imaginary friend."

Kzinistzerg
08-21-2006, 12:47 PM
I don't think that was the real reason. I think that she was just fed up with all the wacky stuff Bloo does and just wanted him out and that was the most convienient reason.

kageri
08-21-2006, 03:56 PM
I think Bloo likes living at Foster's more than at Mac's apartment since Mac's apartment is hecka tiny and Foster's.... isn't, but he probably misses Mac when he's not there. I was wondering lately about what Bloo did when Mac, Terrence, and their mom were all out and he was left at home. I need to get around to drawing that sometime.

BlooCheese
08-21-2006, 04:08 PM
The food in the refrigerator is all gone, the toilets are all plugged, the people in the pictures all have mustaches, and then the apartment goes up in flames.

taranchula
08-21-2006, 04:22 PM
I think Bloo likes living at Foster's more than at Mac's apartment since Mac's apartment is hecka tiny and Foster's.... isn't, but he probably misses Mac when he's not there. I was wondering lately about what Bloo did when Mac, Terrence, and their mom were all out and he was left at home. I need to get around to drawing that sometime.

I don't know, if "Squeeze the Day" was any indication of the kind of stuff Bloo does when he is all alone and no one else is around, I don't think it would be as world shattering as one might think.

BlooCheese
08-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Hey, good point. If Squeeze the Day was an indication of what Bloo does when he's all by himself, then he seems a lot more destructive when Mac's around.

kageri
08-21-2006, 04:26 PM
That's because there was nobody to impress with his powers of destruction. If you don't have an audience, might as well sit around and watch the weather channel, amirite?

BlooCheese
08-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah. Actually, I'd go back to sleep. But you're still right.

taranchula
08-21-2006, 04:42 PM
That's because there was nobody to impress with his powers of destruction. If you don't have an audience, might as well sit around and watch the weather channel, amirite?

But then again in that episode it was "Mac" who pointed out to Bloo, "hey hello it's just you and me at Foster's and there are no authority figures within a sixty mile radius, so it's party time!"

Kzinistzerg
08-21-2006, 04:57 PM
It was. I bet Mac dosn't get that often either.

Mr. Marshmallow
08-27-2006, 11:06 AM
I don't know, if "Squeeze the Day" was any indication of the kind of stuff Bloo does when he is all alone and no one else is around, I don't think it would be as world shattering as one might think.

I think that wasn't him being alone, it was him being bored because even when Mac arrived they were still acting like that. Bloo is an instigator and he usually has fun getting people mad or just bugging the crap out of them in some way or another.

But I think at that episode, he was just so bored out of his mind that he was willing to do anything. He practically lost his mind.

Kzinistzerg
09-02-2006, 05:21 PM
It occurs to me that Mac's name is probably short for something. Does anyone have any ideas? I jsut don't ssee someone naming their kid Mac.

BlooCheese
09-02-2006, 05:30 PM
Eh...Mac makes sense to me. I never really gave it much thought.

Sims Katie
09-02-2006, 06:09 PM
It occurs to me that Mac's name is probably short for something. Does anyone have any ideas? I jsut don't ssee someone naming their kid Mac.
My cousin's name is Maclean and we call him Mac. I also have a neighbor named Macarthur that's Mac for short.

Sparky
09-02-2006, 07:05 PM
I always think of "Macaulay" as in Macaulay Caulkin. But there *are* other "Mac" names out there. And, I suppose, it could just be Mac.

kageri
09-02-2006, 07:51 PM
How about Mac.... intosh. Har har. Then an iPod commercial with him could be "iMac". Which is already a real thing!

Emma
09-02-2006, 08:23 PM
I know a few Macs. I think it's getting popular. (Due to Foster's, no doubt! ;) )

BlooCheese
09-02-2006, 08:46 PM
I know a dog named Mac...

Sims Katie
09-02-2006, 08:55 PM
I know a dog named Mac...
Me too :P Short for anything?

BlooCheese
09-02-2006, 08:55 PM
I don't think so.

EDIT: Actually, now I think it was short for something. But I forgot what it was. But this dog was a cartoon character...

Master Knight DH
09-03-2006, 01:15 PM
http://www.babynames.com/Names/name_display.php?n=Mac

"Mac" is a name registered on babynames.com. Unlike the names "Goo" and "Frankie."

vinny
09-03-2006, 01:42 PM
alot of people call me mac cus my last name (Mckown). i like it cus it only has three letters (im so lazy). i try to use my birth name online so people dont get confused with mac from fosters.

Mr. Marshmallow
09-03-2006, 07:06 PM
http://www.babynames.com/Names/name_display.php?n=Mac

"Mac" is a name registered on babynames.com. Unlike the names "Goo" and "Frankie."

Goo is more then likely something she prefers to call herself for one of 3 reasons:

1. It's a shorter or "funnier" version of her real name.
2. It's a nickname for something she did or happened to her in her life.
3. She's insane.

And I'm more inclined to go with 3 8D, don't take it personal "Goo fans", we all know she's a few chocolate chips short of a cookie. Frankie is obviously used because Francis sounds too formal, too stuffy, and downright too weird.

Ever see the show Angel? There's a girl in there named Fred which is short for Winifred. Mac though I don't know what that could be short for or unless it's a name in and of itself. I had a teacher once known as Mr. Mac in junior high.

Mac was short for "Macomber" which was his last name, he died sadly years ago. Anyway that's what I think in regards to Mac, Goo, and Frankie's namesakes.

Emma
09-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Actually, her name really is Goo, well, Goo Goo Gaga if you want to be technical. ;)

Thornwhistle
09-04-2006, 11:34 AM
Goo is more then likely something she prefers to call herself for one of 3 reasons:

1. It's a shorter or "funnier" version of her real name.
2. It's a nickname for something she did or happened to her in her life.
3. She's insane.

In the episode: Go Goo Go,she explains that when she was a baby,her parents asked her what she'd like her name to be. She named herself Goo Goo Gaga.

I think her parents should have waited until she was old enough to talk before asking her that question.

BlooCheese
09-04-2006, 12:05 PM
In the episode: Go Goo Go,she explains that when she was a baby,her parents asked her what she'd like her name to be. She named herself Goo Goo Gaga.

I think her parents should have waited until she was old enough to talk before asking her that question.

I agree with you. But then again, her name makes her unique, not that she isn't already...

Kzinistzerg
09-05-2006, 06:12 AM
It makes her more unique.

LaBlooGirl
09-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Isn't this a thread about Mac? o0 I'm pretty sure Goo has her own thread...

One Radical Dude
09-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Isn't this a thread about Mac? o0 I'm pretty sure Goo has her own thread...

Yeah, guys -- this is 'Mac City' here. :macwor:

I think it's great that Craig's family (I think it was the family, correct me if I'm mistaken) mentioned that he looked much like Mac, when he was the same age.

Kzinistzerg
09-25-2006, 03:34 PM
Well, i was drawing mac today while bored in class, and it occured to me: mac's head will look... NORMAL when he's terrence's age. I mean, not normal, but within the realm of cartoon-head shapes, rather than that huge cardboard box thing he has now!

One Radical Dude
09-25-2006, 05:29 PM
Well, i was drawing mac today while bored in class, and it occured to me: mac's head will look... NORMAL when he's terrence's age. I mean, not normal, but within the realm of cartoon-head shapes, rather than that huge cardboard box thing he has now!

Really? :wiltshock: I cannot imagine Mac having a normal-sized head, if he were older than he is on the show. :macwor: :P

Mr. Marshmallow
09-25-2006, 05:47 PM
One can only imagine what Mac will be like when he is older, though I doubt he will become anything like Terrance or that Terrance will change his bad boy ways. But I think Mac will turn into what we all know he is: a really, really good kid.

As wacky and paranoid as Mac has become, he's always just been a good, clean cut kid who you can't help but feel for. He's created the two MOST annoying imaginary friends in existance and he still somehow manages to stay the sane voice of reason.

BlooCheese
09-25-2006, 06:24 PM
One can only imagine what Mac will be like when he is older, though I doubt he will become anything like Terrance or that Terrance will change his bad boy ways. But I think Mac will turn into what we all know he is: a really, really good kid.

As wacky and paranoid as Mac has become, he's always just been a good, clean cut kid who you can't help but feel for. He's created the two MOST annoying imaginary friends in existance and he still somehow manages to stay the sane voice of reason.

And that's why I love Mac.

I can't imagine what Mac would look like when he's older. I still see this short, square-headed kid walking around in college. Actually, I can't imagine older versions of any of the characters...

Kzinistzerg
09-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Well, it came out of a weird drawing I was doing after thinking about several frames in which people's limbs are stretchy (go look at house of Bloo's, when mac climbs into be his leg like goes, poof and becomes stretchy. also when he climbs stuff.)

Um... I'm posting a piccy of what I drew inclass over i nthe fanart section... you can go look.

Invader Bloo
10-21-2006, 09:49 PM
JUST EAT A STUPID SANDWHICH! Best Mac moment ever.

LaBlooGirl
10-22-2006, 04:59 PM
And that's why I love Mac.

I can't imagine what Mac would look like when he's older. I still see this short, square-headed kid walking around in college. Actually, I can't imagine older versions of any of the characters...

Oh it's been imagined, just check out my avatar. Not my drawing, but it's one of my favorite versions of Mac as a teen and then of course the assumed idea of Bloo as a human. (As usually the story goes, and I use it to, there are these special transformer devices a creator can use to imagine up a human form for their creation.) But anyways, I've seen many forms of teenage or adult Mac. Just go on deviantart and you can see lots of it.

BlooCheese
10-26-2006, 04:43 PM
Oh, I'm not saying that a teen/adult Mac hasn't been imagined by others. I'm just saying I myself can't imagine it. I have little/no/a poor imagination. :P

Mr. Marshmallow
10-26-2006, 05:26 PM
JUST EAT A STUPID SANDWHICH! Best Mac moment ever.

What episode was that from?

Invader Bloo
10-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Foster's Goes To Europe. When Mac's making lunch & Bloo complains. I always crack up, it's so fast you could barely hear what he's saying.

Kzinistzerg
10-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Yes, that is a great part...

"but this isn't.." "EAT THE STUPID SANDWICH!"

Kzinistzerg
11-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Argh, double post, but somehitng occured to me:

dosn't haloween suck for Mac? he can't go trick-or treating to get candy, because he can't eat it and takling it away is mean (though bloo prolly just steals it), and stayign home sucks. and he probably dosn't have the willpower to resist all that candy if he were too lcose to it, look at his face when bloo waves a lolipop in front of it in Partying is such sweet soiree.

BlooCheese
11-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Nah, that's not double posting. Double posting is when you post back-to-back within fifteen or twenty minutes of your first post. :)

Maybe Mac's mom only lets him go to dentists' houses. Dentists like to give kids toothbrushes.

Sparky
11-01-2006, 02:45 PM
As I recall though in BFAHP there was an adventure where you help Bloo punish Terrence for stealing Mac's Halloween candy. Candy I guess Mac shouldn't have had in the first place, lol. But stealing sucks anyways.

taranchula
11-01-2006, 03:49 PM
As I recall though in BFAHP there was an adventure where you help Bloo punish Terrence for stealing Mac's Halloween candy. Candy I guess Mac shouldn't have had in the first place, lol. But stealing sucks anyways.

Well it might have been all sugar free candy.

jogurtuke
11-01-2006, 08:48 PM
:) Yes,I like Mac too.

kageri
11-02-2006, 10:06 AM

Like taranchula said, maybe everyone is familiar with Mac's sugar thing and gives him only sugar-free candy. I mean, if Mac's gotten that crazy before, somebody must have noticed it.

Cassini90125
11-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Given how Mac responds to sugar I'm surprised that Terrence doesn't try to force him to eat candy. :terrsmile: :P

Mr. Marshmallow
11-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Actually I don't think Terrance would ever dare give Mac sugar. He's stupid as hell but he's not dumb enough to actually make Mac go crazy, he knows that Mac would probably tear up the house or something and he'd get blamed for it.

Mac knows to not take sugar, so if he somehow gets some it was probably forced and Mac's Mom would know Terrance gave it to him. It's funny but aside from the party episode, Mac's sugar problem has never really shown up again.

Kzinistzerg
11-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Actually, they referenced it in I Only Have Suprise for You, when Mac's explaining why he dosn't like parties to Mr. Herriman. He says something like,
Herriman: "this wouldn't have anything to do with sugar, would it?"
And mac explains that it's actualyl because he ends up getting humiliated instead.

Man, Mac's sugar high is not going to go over well when he has to explain that AND bloo to his girlfirend, when he gets one, hehe...

And you're right, I think terrence knows that even though terrence is much stonger than Mac, mac is much smarter and at some point in the future will be easily capable of getting terrence back for what he does- and will, if Terrence pushes him enough. After all, terrence hasn't told Mac's mom about Fosters (well, he did in the credits of Infernal Slumber but wasn't believed).

Sugar is something that Mac's mom will knows mac didn't do himself. Mac knows what happes when he eats sugar; the only reason he went nuts in "Partying..." was becuase he slammed into the guy with the punch which was super-saturated with sugar.

Mr. Marshmallow
11-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Ah makes sense, I have been trying to FORGET that episode "Surprise" due to the overwhelming Mac bashing, much like "Imposter's" for Frankie. While this one isn't as brutal a lashing as Frankie's episode was, it still leaves Mac looking pretty bad.

Terrance can't really rat out Mac now that his credibility has gone down the toilet after "Infernal Slumber". Their mom won't believe him and plus, Terrance seems to enjoy beating on Mac at home rather then thinking up plans to ruin his thing with Foster's.

He's too stupid to even know a plan when he has one (remember his thought baloons in "Seeing Red")?. Although, I too hope Mac gets some payback on Terrance through his own ways. Mac's a good kid and he gets put through a lot of grief on the show sometimes.

Nathander
11-05-2006, 06:55 AM
See, while "Surprise" bothered me quite a bit, it somehow didn't bother me as much as "Foster's Goes to Europe" did in regards to how Mac was treated (well, at least until the end; I think the LAST thing Bloo had Mac do was a bit much). Also, I agree that Frankie's lashing was a lot more brutal and, though I like Frankie, I feel worse for Mac, partially, again, because I believe he got lashed not once like Frankie has, but twice, once in "Foster's Goes to Europe" and again in "I Only Have Surprise for You". Actually, make it three times; I forgot "Camp Keep A Good Mac Down".

And while I'd like to see Terrence get his come-uppance from Mac, I kind of doubt it will ever happen. This is primarily due to the fact of how good natured Mac is that he himself wouldn't really go for it. Of course, this isn't necessarily true, considering we've seen him snap before (again, in "Surprise"), but I think there are a few different factors at work here. One is that it would almost certainly have to occur in the apartment, considering Terrence never seems to leave. Granted, while Terrence's reliability is basically null and void in his mother's eyes at this point, I'm afraid that if there was an episode where Mac tried, he would somehow end up getting caught and in trouble.

Moving on, I haven't said my position on Mac.

Favorite character. :)

Voxxyn
11-05-2006, 07:28 AM
Putting aside my personal feelings on Frankie, I very much understand why you'd feel worse for Mac. Frankie is an adult, and a very strong and responsible one at that. Mac may be mature for his age, but he's still a child, he's very decent and well-meaning, and he didn't AT ALL deserve to go through what he did in episodes like FGTE and IOHSFY.

I guess that's why I'm really hoping "Emancipation Complication" next week isn't a disappointment. Both Mac and Frankie have earned the right to shine after all the abuse they're put through.

BlooCheese
11-05-2006, 07:39 AM
And while I'd like to see Terrence get his come-uppance from Mac, I kind of doubt it will ever happen. This is primarily due to the fact of how good natured Mac is that he himself wouldn't really go for it. Of course, this isn't necessarily true, considering we've seen him snap before (again, in "Surprise"), but I think there are a few different factors at work here. One is that it would almost certainly have to occur in the apartment, considering Terrence never seems to leave. Granted, while Terrence's reliability is basically null and void in his mother's eyes at this point, I'm afraid that if there was an episode where Mac tried, he would somehow end up getting caught and in trouble.

At least Terrence was blamed for the gaping whole in the roof from Infernal Slumber, right?

Nathander
11-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Putting aside my personal feelings on Frankie, I very much understand why you'd feel worse for Mac. Frankie is an adult, and a very strong and responsible one at that. Mac may be mature for his age, but he's still a child, he's very decent and well-meaning, and he didn't AT ALL deserve to go through what he did in episodes like FGTE and IOHSFY.

I guess that's why I'm really hoping "Emancipation Complication" next week isn't a disappointment. Both Mac and Frankie have earned the right to shine after all the abuse they're put through.

I agree wholeheartedly; it's about time both got a spotlight of some sort and, actually in that respect, I feel Frankie REALLY deserves one. At least there have been moments where Mac has gone through some kind of tribulation and earned something by the end of it; I don't really think Frankie has gotten that. The only one that comes immediately to mind is the House President episode (I forgot the name, hopefully you all know what I'm talking about) which Frankie rightly won yet turned out to be a bittersweet and, eventually, pointless victory that she gave back to Herriman. Off topic, I know, but damn, if any of the human characters deserve a chance to shine, it's Mac and Frankie, and hopefully Emancipation Complication will due that, and without the interference of Goo (God bless 'er, I love the character, but they need to lay off; she's been used too much as a deus ex machina that gets in the way of the actual two main human characters, that being Frankie and Mac).

One thing I have always wanted to see, and one of the things that has let me down, has been more Mac/Frankie interaction. I mean this on a brother/sister level of course, as the idea of them as a romantic item, no matter how much further in time it has been, bothers me to no end. A brother/sister relationship, however, I've always imagined them forming, and this has yet to really happen, at least in my opinion, which is a shame as it would make a good deal of sense. Mac, after all, has no real adult figure he can look up to: his mother is almost always absent, and Terrence is viewed completely as an antagonist by him. You'd think, therefore, a figure would eventually fill in this apparent void, and the most likely person to do so would probably end up being Frankie.

Of course, I could just be overanalyzing the situation.

And babbling, of course. :gooblab:

Voxxyn
11-05-2006, 03:39 PM
I think you make great points. I doubt the writers will have a full blown brother/sister relationship between the two; I think their relationship in the show is more or less played off by their unofficial status as the voices of reason at Foster's. (Wilt and Mr. Herriman come close; but Wilt is a tad fragile and lacks the spine to stick up for himself, and Herriman seems to be extremely out-of-touch with the outside world)

BUT I, too, would definitely love to see the ocassional team-up and instances of friendship and compassion. There's been some so far, of course; but I think "Emancipation Complication" has a lot of potential in this regard.

Mr. Marshmallow
11-05-2006, 04:49 PM
I totally agree. Mac and Frankie are the sweetest, most level headed and in a sense, the real glue that holds everything together, even more so then Mr. Herriman I would say. Frankie and Mac get along really well and Frankie has made several connections with Mac's understanding power.

Like at the mall in "Store Wars" saying he's the voice of reason, playing along with her candy game for Cheese in "The Big Cheese", and actually helping Frankie out with all her paperwork in "Frankie my Dear". The 2 are so cute together and they get along very well.

I definitely agree that they both deserve some time to shine together. I hope this episode is gonna deliver this, Mac and Frankie turn out to be a better team then at first glance. He even helped Frankie break out of her giggle fit over Mr. Herriman's embarassing footage with "World Wide Wabbit".

They are both kind, caring, and very likeable characters that deserve a chance to do more on screen as the focus rather then taking a backseat to Bloo or any other character. Not to bash Bloo or anyone else who's been in the limelight, but I think Frankie and Mac's moment together is long over due.

Nathander
11-05-2006, 07:34 PM
I think their relationship in the show is more or less played off by their unofficial status as the voices of reason at Foster's. (Wilt and Mr. Herriman come close; but Wilt is a tad fragile and lacks the spine to stick up for himself, and Herriman seems to be extremely out-of-touch with the outside world)

Oh, I agree entirely, and while it's important to have roles that act as the voice of sanity, it's unfortunate that many times, especially recently, those are the ONLY roles the two play. Mac and Frankie are two of the main characters of the show, for Pete's sakes. And I agree with you as to why Wilt and Herriman wouldn't work, which is unfortunate as their could be times they could use them as back ups for the whole "voices of reason" thing while allowing Mac and Frankie to do something else (again, along with having won victories, Mac has genuinely been allowed to break from his mold more often; I think Frankie has, what, once maybe in "Frankie My Dear"?)

Mac and Frankie are the sweetest, most level headed and in a sense, the real glue that holds everything together, even more so then Mr. Herriman I would say.

Again, I agree completely. However, how much does Herriman really hold together? I mean, I love the character, and while his supervision of the house obviously makes it so that it does run smoothly, think about how many times he's done something based off his own compulsions and interests, such as the whole carrot thing and his regression in "Camp Keep a Good Mac Down"? He also tends to be highly paranoid, as we've seen in "Who Let the Dogs In", where he was certain that people were letting dogs in for the sole purpose of killing him (it was also this episode that made me love Herriman, just as an off topic fact). So while I think Herriman does hold things together to a degree, I think there are times were he tears them apart at an equal rate.

Like at the mall in "Store Wars" saying he's the voice of reason, playing along with her candy game for Cheese in "The Big Cheese", and actually helping Frankie out with all her paperwork in "Frankie my Dear". The 2 are so cute together and they get along very well.

I definitely agree that they both deserve some time to shine together. I hope this episode is gonna deliver this, Mac and Frankie turn out to be a better team then at first glance. He even helped Frankie break out of her giggle fit over Mr. Herriman's embarassing footage with "World Wide Wabbit".

Exactly. Like Voxxyn said, and the examples you've given, there have been times where they've shown a working relationship between the two. I just wish the writers would take the time to expand on this, though it's unlikely they'll do it to that great an effect, despite my fervent desire to see it.

They are both kind, caring, and very likeable characters that deserve a chance to do more on screen as the focus rather then taking a backseat to Bloo or any other character. Not to bash Bloo or anyone else who's been in the limelight, but I think Frankie and Mac's moment together is long over due.

Again, this is what has always bothered me. The two of them have been here since the beginning, and yet they're apparently being phased out at times, Frankie moreso than Mac. And while Frankie's phasing out really does disturb me, Mac's does even more so, due to the fact that he and Bloo were basically always touted as the true main characters of the show. This isn't to say I don't want to see the other characters; far from it, in fact. I'd just like to see more of Mac, and it would be nice to see him develop a little brother/big sister relationship with Frankie, but I'd especially like to see him and Bloo being friends more often.

Honestly, am I the only one bothered by the fact that Bloo and Mac are apparently becoming more and more hostile towards one another? Well, maybe hostile isn't the right word, but it's obvious they're beginning to grate on one another much more often, and there have been too few episodes recently where they're just being buddies, such as in Squeeze the Day. I'd love to see more episodes like Squeeze the Day, I really, really would. And while it's not uncommon for best friends to fight with one another........the number of arguments Mac and Bloo have been getting in recently is insane.

ANyway, hopefully they'll focus on Mac and Frankie for Emancipation Complication like they're saying, and have Goo sit this episode out.

:goo: --Sorry kid, I love ya, but you've gotta stop coming around so often......

BlooCheese
11-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Honestly, am I the only one bothered by the fact that Bloo and Mac are apparently becoming more and more hostile towards one another? Well, maybe hostile isn't the right word, but it's obvious they're beginning to grate on one another much more often, and there have been too few episodes recently where they're just being buddies, such as in Squeeze the Day. I'd love to see more episodes like Squeeze the Day, I really, really would. And while it's not uncommon for best friends to fight with one another........the number of arguments Mac and Bloo have been getting in recently is insane.

No, no, you're not alone. I, too, would like to see more moments like those from Squeeze the Day. C'mon, Mac and Bloo. You only get to see each other a few hours daily, so don't waste your precious time arguing.

But then again, Mac and Bloo's fights show how strong their friendship is. They can argue with each other time and time again and still be each other's best friend.

But then again, that would be like those girls at my school who get into little scrawly cat fights every day and refuse to talk to each other. Then the next day, it's like, "I'M SO SORRY! WAAAAAH!"

Anyway, Mac and Bloo share a friendship that is like no other.

Nathander
11-05-2006, 08:05 PM
I agree that their friendship is like few others, and different from most of the others on the show, and I attribute that partially to the role Mac tries to take on himself with regards to Bloo, that being that he also wants to be a "father figure" to Bloo. What I mean by that is the fact that Mac is the one constantly trying to teach Bloo what's right and wrong when Bloo's doing something wrong (that is, being Bloo). While I'm certain that other kids occasionally do this as well, I've always felt that Mac does it more than most others, though whether this is his own personality or just because of who Bloo is is uncertain.

And that's the thing: while Bloo obviously needs someone to set him straight at times, I'd like to see Mac get to act like a kid more often like he did in the first season and in Squeeze the Day. I kind of would have liked to see him loosen up in Bus the Two of Us, but I can kind of understand why that didn't happen. :P

Honestly, though, they need more episodes of Bloo and Mac hanging out as the main story with a possible B-Plot.

BlooCheese
11-05-2006, 08:11 PM
I kind of would have liked to see him loosen up in Bus the Two of Us, but I can kind of understand why that didn't happen. :P

I think I can understand why. Imagine you're an eight-year-old kid, and you're flying down the freeway with a blue blob who can barely see over the steering wheel. Neither of you have a license, and you know that at any moment, something awful could happen.

Nathander
11-05-2006, 08:13 PM
And several times, nearly did. Still, it always gets me when Mac tells Bloo that running from the cops was the best idea he had all day. That, and the scene where Mac was playing with that toy car in the playground. That was just adorable. :)

Mr. Marshmallow
11-06-2006, 02:34 PM
I think all in all Bloo does need to tone down torturing Mac if you will. Bloo puts Mac through alot of hell, even though they remain buddies in the long run. Bloo barely has to worry anout anything because he's careless 90% of the time.

Mac however has lots of things to worry about, including home life, school life, and everything else any logical person would worry about. And while I agree they have a powerful bond, it would be nice to SEE more of that bond rather then Bloo stressing Mac out all the time.

And see MUCH LESS of Mac bashing episodes like "I only have surprise for you". That just took Bloo's pranking to a whole new dirty level, and that episode really upset me in alot of ways. I found it totally unfair to Mac.

Kzinistzerg
11-06-2006, 02:53 PM
It was more amusing that IHFMUP but after a few viewings, I've lost some of the heart of it: it has it's good points but really it's just Mac going through a lot of trouble.

I do understand Bloo, though; I was like him as a small kid, but, much more whiny. I'm surprised I still have friends!

I don't think Camp Keep A Good Mac Down was anti-Mac; that was just dealing with Bloo being Bloo, but where they couldn't afford it.

Also Mac doesn't always have the moderator role. There are plenty of times in which he's just a kid; and some where he snaps and others where he goes nuts... But, actually, watching the times he's left to go nuts on his own really shows how good of a kid he is. His idea of being evil is jumping on a bed? His prank phone call is "this is a joke"?

His behavior in Go Goo Go is kinda odd though; he snaps, but even I, with my tendency towards whinyness never snapped like that as a kid. I mean, I got angry enough to impale my parents with a pike but never actually did it. I usually just went to my room and stared at a wall until it went away.

BlooCheese
11-06-2006, 02:53 PM
I love Bloo, but I do think he should be a bit more considerate of Mac. Like in Sweet Stench of Success, the line that was burnt into my memory was, "I don't care about Mac!" Bloo, how could you say that?

Camp Keep a Good Mac Down, in my perspective, was not for Mac-bashing purposes. It wasn't meant to bash anybody. I cannot really find any way in which it attempted to bash the kid. Yes, Bloo was selfish, more than he normally is at least, but I'd like to think that if the Foster's gang was lost somewhere trying to surive, Bloo would be the last to perish. He knows a good thing when he sees it. Bloo was given the opportunity to eat the food, so he took that opportunity--survival of the fittest is how I see it.

Kzinistzerg
11-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Survival of the fittest does not account for revenge.

Also, I think Mac's behavior in Bloo's The Boss and Challenge of the Superfriends equally irritating. Stop yelling at your friend, idiot!

Mr. Marshmallow
11-06-2006, 04:14 PM
Mac didn't seem out of touch in "Boss" if you ask me. I think he was upset Bloo was doing something so dangerous and downright unhealthy, staying outside in a crappy cardboard box and using puppets to delude yourself into a fantasy foster home isn't good.

It's bad. And besides, Mac HAS to yell at Bloo nearly all the time because that is usually the only way he gets the point, and even then he ignores Mac. Plus like everyone said before, Bloo has had a long habit of pulling stuns and lying to them before.

Mac thinks realistically and seriously, I also think he was trying to force Bloo out of this stupid idea. It took him forever to convince Bloo to behave in "Bus the two of us" and even longer in "Infernal Slumber". I don't feel Mac was in the wrong in "Boss".

Voxxyn
11-06-2006, 04:29 PM
I'm with Mr. M. I can't blame Mac at all for getting angry like that.

BlooCheese
11-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Survival of the fittest does not account for revenge.
Er...Bloo ate up all the food because he wanted revenge?

kageri
11-06-2006, 04:44 PM

I agree; while I've said before, and still say, that it in a way proves how strong their friendship is (how many friends come along in one's lifetime that you could bicker with incessantly and still be best friends?), and while their fighting is usually hilarious, I'd still like to see more of them.... well.... being stupid together. More and more it seems like Mac is forced to play parent or babysitter to Bloo, and I hate to say it, but they're getting more and more opposite -- so much so that if it keeps going like this, they'll just.... have completely incompatible personalities or something. It's almost like they're drifting apart. Okay, I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore, but....

I'm going to do what some people here have done for Frankie and say: I've always been fond of the "2-or-more-best friends" concept, but -- and this is just my opinion -- nobody has done it better than Craig and Crew have done with Mac and Bloo. Their friendship is simply my absolute favorite of any fictional medium ever, and I adore them both, so I'd like to see more of them being pals, and Mac having fun more often. That's why Squeeze the Day ranks so high on my list of favorite episodes (which admittedly is very long, because Foster's is great).

But I did totally understand Mac's yelling at Bloo in Bloo's the Boss, because I mean.... he was living in a cardboard box, all alone, with a stray cat that could have any number of diseases for which Bloo would have to be rushed to the hospital to get a tetanus shot if it bit him (no offense, Chuck), and talking to himself, just to prove he can do good deeds.

Kzinistzerg
11-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Er...Bloo ate up all the food because he wanted revenge?

No, revenge form the others on Bloo.

Yes, you do have a point. It's just the yelling that struck me, though.

Nathander
11-06-2006, 06:07 PM
I think all in all Bloo does need to tone down torturing Mac if you will. Bloo puts Mac through alot of hell, even though they remain buddies in the long run. Bloo barely has to worry anout anything because he's careless 90% of the time.

Mac however has lots of things to worry about, including home life, school life, and everything else any logical person would worry about. And while I agree they have a powerful bond, it would be nice to SEE more of that bond rather then Bloo stressing Mac out all the time.

Exactly what I would like to see. And, odd as this may sound, because of Bloo's very nature, there's a good chance he's even genuinely forgotten about all of the other concerns Mac may have. After all, no longer having to live in the apartment where some of Mac's concerns would seem genuinely more real to him, Bloo may have completely forgotten that, well, Mac has responsibilities before having fun.

And see MUCH LESS of Mac bashing episodes like "I only have surprise for you". That just took Bloo's pranking to a whole new dirty level, and that episode really upset me in alot of ways. I found it totally unfair to Mac.

Jeez, tell me about it......

Whereas "Foster's Goes to Europe" was a smack in the face, to me "I Only have Surprise for You" was like having both my kneecaps bashed in by a lead pipe by the end. Seriously, that seemed to even violate Bloo's personality on how far he would go for a prank, as well as the others complying with it. Maybe they thought it would send a "loosen up" message to Mac, but really, I think it did just the opposite. In a way, you'd think that this little event would just make Mac more and more suspicious of everyone. I know it would do that to me......

And, like I said, it didn't seem like a Bloo-esque prank. It was more like something I think Terrence would pull if he had the intelligence and cunning.

His behavior in Go Goo Go is kinda odd though; he snaps, but even I, with my tendency towards whinyness never snapped like that as a kid

Actually, I can easily see why Mac would have snapped the way he did. I mean, his one sanctuary in the world had just been violated by an over-eager girl who was consistantly bugging him day after day after day while he was trying to avoid annoyances like that. Then, one day, he finds everyone in the van because they can no longer even go inside the house, and is told that he has to stop coming to Foster's so Goo will stop going to see him. While being assured that the deal will still stand, that is that Bloo will never be adopted, the idea has been changed so that it will now stand as long as he never comes back to Foster's, rendering the whole deal fairly pointless.

So yeah, I don't really find it odd with Mac having snapped, is what I guess I was trying to say.

Also, I think Mac's behavior in Bloo's The Boss and Challenge of the Superfriends equally irritating.

I agree with Mr. Marshmallow and Voxxyn that Mac was quite in the right to do as he did in Bloo's the Boss. As for Challenge of the Superfriends..........come on! It was basically a Bloo shenanigan, but Mac was doing it instead! It was like Mac was being allowed to be a kid in that episode, which is something that happens rarely enough as it is. Give the kid a break for getting irritated with his friend's jealousy, despite the fact that Bloo would have done exactly as Mac was doing if given the chance.

I'm going to do what some people here have done for Frankie and say: I've always been fond of the "2-or-more-best friends" concept, but -- and this is just my opinion -- nobody has done it better than Craig and Crew have done with Mac and Bloo. Their friendship is simply my absolute favorite of any fictional medium ever, and I adore them both, so I'd like to see more of them being pals, and Mac having fun more often.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

BlooCheese
11-06-2006, 07:14 PM
No, revenge form the others on Bloo.

Yes, you do have a point. It's just the yelling that struck me, though.

Ah. Yelling at Bloo was not survival of the fittest.

Whereas "Foster's Goes to Europe" was a smack in the face, to me "I Only have Surprise for You" was like having both my kneecaps bashed in by a lead pipe by the end. Seriously, that seemed to even violate Bloo's personality on how far he would go for a prank, as well as the others complying with it.

Now that you mention it, it is peculiar that the others would, firstly, even allow Bloo to humiliate Mac again, and secondly, actually help him carry out his plans. They might have let Bloo pull a prank on Mac, considering that it was Bloo's "tradition," but taking part in it sparks my curiosity.

LaBlooGirl
11-07-2006, 10:12 AM
This is what I mean by the difference in the writers. Let's stick to the friendship theme, folks, and not bashing/yelling/acting stupidly around your so-called best friend.
They do need to lighten it up a bit, or I'd fear they would drift apart. Could explain if/when in the future Mac does give up Bloo if that's how they choose to end the show. (Which I doubt, but one never knows.)

Kzinistzerg
11-07-2006, 01:50 PM
...Yeah, you do have points...

Just We've seen all too much of the anger part betwee nthe two of them and not enough like in Squeeze The Day.

Voxxyn
11-07-2006, 01:56 PM
I don't think any true Mac & Bloo fan will disagree with that. They had great friendship moments in that and "Neighbor Pains", but their relationship since has been as hostile, or sometimes EVEN MORE, as it was for most of Season 3.

BlooCheese
11-07-2006, 02:15 PM
I agree. Sometimes, it seems as if Mac and Bloo were enemies and not friends, and that's why "Squeeze the Day" is my favorite episode--it shows the friendship of the two best friends at its peak.

Kzinistzerg
11-07-2006, 03:11 PM
Well, on a more amusing Mac note, After reading Dude13's story, I noticed what he pointed out at one point: in Store Wars, when they're walking past the l... L.... damn, i can't remember the word. Fancy underpants... Mac's got this huge grin on his face, both times...

BlooCheese
11-07-2006, 03:14 PM
...Lingerie? Is that the word?
Oh yeah. I remember that part. I guess Mac knows more than he lets on.

Kzinistzerg
11-07-2006, 03:22 PM
I just found it amusing, hehe...

Yeah, it is. Brain-go-splodey while i was typing.

Wendi
11-21-2006, 01:42 PM
LOL! I loved that grin on his face xD

Invader Bloo
11-22-2006, 07:22 AM
I don't think any true Mac & Bloo fan will disagree with that. They had great friendship moments in that and "Neighbor Pains", but their relationship since has been as hostile, or sometimes EVEN MORE, as it was for most of Season 3.

Yeah, S3 was a really horrid freind-ship, but of couse it brought great episodes. But if I was mac, I'd get annoyed to. Especally in "CFCCC" that whining was so annoying.

One Radical Dude
11-22-2006, 10:02 PM
I still think Bloo was better in Season Four. You might think he was bad there, but you gotta admit it could have been worse. No friendship is without conflict, and that's what happened there. If we start worrying too much about how Bloo is such a jerk, then the writers might think he needs to be perfected, and more than likely, the show would change course - and not necessarily for the better. I thought Mac was more harsh on Bloo on Season Four (though not by too much), yet no one really mentions that. :P I'm not saying that he shouldn't be that way, but I can understand why.

This talk of how Bloo is somehow treating Mac badly and their friendship is going downhill, I'll admit, has really been bugging me a lot lately. I won't get into detail as to what happened (for those that didn't see the season finale). It's not that I disagree with these people, it's just that I fear that the writers may read some of this and get the impression that Bloo's character needs to be completely reformed overnight, or even perfected. All I'm saying is be careful with what you wish for, because you might get it. I don't expect the friendship to be destroyed by either of the two. The only way I can see the two apart is if Mom forces Mac away from Foster's, or if Mac gets furious enough to leave We'll see what happens next. I really think some people feel too strongly about little stuff like that, but that may be just how I feel. 8D :P

kageri
11-23-2006, 09:10 AM
I don't think the writers will ever feel the need to reform Bloo -- they do respect our opinions and take them into consideration, but they're aware that they know their characters best, not us. I'd just like to see them being buddies more often. Not completely without bickering, though -- a bit of arguing is good even if they're having fun and being pals, as, like you said, no friendship is without conflict, especially one between kids, and boys at that.

BlooCheese
11-23-2006, 09:56 AM
Yes, fighting is always going to be a part of friendship. I've realized that I actually know very little about the friends that I don't fight with, so arguing with people comes with knowing them well, I guess. But there comes a time when too much fighting is, well, just too much. Like I said somewhere before, it would be like those girls at school who are constantly fighting over nothing. They say they'll never talk to each other again, but the next day, they're friends again. Then they argue some more, and the cycle repeats itself. And those two girls never even have a moment of friendship. It makes you wonder how they even became friends. But Mac and Bloo haven't gone that far yet. So nevermind.

Invader Bloo
11-24-2006, 10:32 AM
The only way I can see the two apart is if Mom forces Mac away from Foster's, or if Mac gets furious enough to leave We'll see what happens next. I really think some people feel too strongly about little stuff like that, but that may be just how I feel. 8D :P
Mac still is friends with Wilt, Coco, Eduardo, Goo, & probally the rest of then house. He could just ignore Bloo & still come there.

LaBlooGirl
11-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Mac still is friends with Wilt, Coco, Eduardo, Goo, & probally the rest of then house. He could just ignore Bloo & still come there.

Despite all of Bloo's shortcomings, I honestly CANNOT see Mac IGNORING Bloo and coming to Foster's just to see the others. After all, any other kid would have left Bloo long ago (more then likely) because he can be more than difficult when dealing with him.
If anything, Mac would maybe try to end the friendship and move on, trying his best to keep Bloo from getting too upset about it.

Honestly though, none of these theories work well, I don't get any kind of sense that any such thing would happen.
I can see them being like Herriman/Madame Foster in so many ways, and nothing else seems to fit. :):bloogrin

kageri
11-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Despite all of Bloo's shortcomings, I honestly CANNOT see Mac IGNORING Bloo and coming to Foster's just to see the others. After all, any other kid would have left Bloo long ago (more then likely) because he can be more than difficult when dealing with him.
If anything, Mac would maybe try to end the friendship and move on, trying his best to keep Bloo from getting too upset about it.

Honestly though, none of these theories work well, I don't get any kind of sense that any such thing would happen.
I can see them being like Herriman/Madame Foster in so many ways, and nothing else seems to fit. :):bloogrin

Mac and Bloo will be best friends forever and ever and that's all there is to it. Kageri has spoken!

Invader Bloo
11-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Even when they're dead.:)

Nathander
11-25-2006, 10:00 PM

True, but that would defeat the whole purpose of the series and why he goes to the house in the first place. Yes, he is friends with everyone else, but the reason he keeps going there day after day is because of Bloo. If it wasn't for Bloo, he wouldn't go there nearly as often (or so I think).

Again, while they fight quite a bit, I honestly can't see them ever ending their friendship. It would just seem so....pointless.

The bloo
11-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Mac is only cool because he imagined bloo

kageri
11-29-2006, 03:16 PM

Hey, I think Mac's cool on his own too....

CG
11-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Darn right! Mac's a great character all by himself, but he really does work better when he's with Bloo since they both enhance the other's personalities and actions.

One Radical Dude
11-29-2006, 04:07 PM

I beg to differ. :macwor:

some guy you dont know
11-29-2006, 04:09 PM

yeah....................................

no.

Voxxyn
11-29-2006, 09:18 PM

I find this statement EXTREMELY disrespectful and ignorant. Mac has infinitely more worth than just "Bloo's creator". His personality is the perfect balance to Bloo's, and the show wouldn't be same without the two together.

Of course, I also think Mac is a great character on his own. He appeals a lot more to me than the usual 'toon kid protagonist.

kageri
11-29-2006, 09:38 PM
He appeals a lot more to me than the usual 'toon kid protagonist.

I agree completely. I normally don't find kid protagonists in cartoons to be very interesting or complex, but Mac is just so... likeable. And it's kind of refreshing to see a little boy actually voiced by a guy.

BabyElephant
11-29-2006, 10:07 PM
The great thing about Mac is that he's one of the few kids (in animated or "real life" TV) who's actually a KID. He's smart, but not an annoying little know-it-all, kind and respectful of others, but every now and then capable of acting like a snotty little punk...in other words, the way that most kids actually are, rather than the way they're usually depicted, either as miniature adults or as miniature gangstas. Mac rocks! :)

Nathander
11-30-2006, 06:29 AM

You realize, of course, that Bloo wouldn't seem anywhere near as cool or funny if he didn't have Mac to play off of. While it's entertaining to watch Bloo annoy other people, the only one who really compliments him is Mac.

See Voxxyn and kageri's posts. They basically said what I think, so it would be redundant to repeat it.

Cassini90125
11-30-2006, 06:48 AM

I find this statement EXTREMELY disrespectful and ignorant.

As do I. Mac is a great kid, Bloo or no Bloo, and a definite cut above most of the kids on other shows, cartoon or real.

BlooCheese
11-30-2006, 02:42 PM
No.
Hey, I think Mac's cool on his own too....
Yes.
Darn right! Mac's a great character all by himself, but he really does work better when he's with Bloo since they both enhance the other's personalities and actions.
Yes.
I find this statement EXTREMELY disrespectful and ignorant. Mac has infinitely more worth than just "Bloo's creator". His personality is the perfect balance to Bloo's, and the show wouldn't be same without the two together.

Of course, I also think Mac is a great character on his own. He appeals a lot more to me than the usual 'toon kid protagonist.
Yes.
I agree completely. I normally don't find kid protagonists in cartoons to be very interesting or complex, but Mac is just so... likeable. And it's kind of refreshing to see a little boy actually voiced by a guy.
Yes.
The great thing about Mac is that he's one of the few kids (in animated or "real life" TV) who's actually a KID. He's smart, but not an annoying little know-it-all, kind and respectful of others, but every now and then capable of acting like a snotty little punk...in other words, the way that most kids actually are, rather than the way they're usually depicted, either as miniature adults or as miniature gangstas. Mac rocks! :)
Yes.

Mac doesn't need Bloo to be cool. The kid's awesome all by himself. Sure, he and Bloo complement each other, but that doesn't mean that he's only cool because he created Bloo. That's like saying ice cream is only good with hot fudge when in reality, ice cream is good all by itself. Or maybe my taste buds have gone haywire.
Mac is what Bloo isn't, and he also is what Bloo is. Mac can be the "voice of reason among raving lunatics" or the crazy gimme-more-sugar-let's-break-rules-now type of kid. If Mac is only cool because he created Bloo, but when you consider that Bloo came from Mac's imagination, then wouldn't Bloo only be cool because Mac created him?
But no, that is not true either. Mac and Bloo are both great characters by themselves.

some guy you dont know
11-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Mac doesn't need Bloo to be cool. The kid's awesome all by himself. Sure, he and Bloo complement each other, but that doesn't mean that he's only cool because he created Bloo. That's like saying ice cream is only good with hot fudge when in reality, ice cream is good all by itself. Or maybe my taste buds have gone haywire.
Mac is what Bloo isn't, and he also is what Bloo is. Mac can be the "voice of reason among raving lunatics" or the crazy gimme-more-sugar-let's-break-rules-now type of kid. If Mac is only cool because he created Bloo, but when you consider that Bloo came from Mac's imagination, then wouldn't Bloo only be cool because Mac created him?
But no, that is not true either. Mac and Bloo are both great characters by themselves.

in a word, agreed. mac is a great character all on his own. and, as bloocheese said, bloo wouldnt exist without mac. so if mac is only cool because he imagined bloo, then bloo is only cool because he was imagined by mac. which is also not true, but i wont get into that.

One Radical Dude
11-30-2006, 04:23 PM

That's gotta be one of the worst responses I've heard from a character. Sorry, dude, but I have to strongly disagree. He's one of the most complexed characters in the show, and without Mac, the show wouldn't be the same.

TrickyDisco
12-09-2006, 05:36 PM

So true.

Mac is a great and dare I say *brilliant* kid. Hell, I just hope my kids will grow up to be as brill as he is!
Still, without Bloo, he would be a total nerd and whatnot and thus needs someone as anti-socal/selfish as Bloo to complement him, making the two of them a team.

You can see how Bloo can be decent when he wants to due to Mac, or how Mac can be a total meanie if Bloo incites enough insane anti-social behaviour in Mac 8D

IMHO those to are quite the pair, and what makes Foster's worth watching. :)

Nathander
12-21-2006, 11:02 PM
IMHO those to are quite the pair, and what makes Foster's worth watching. :)

Very true. I think the frienship between Bloo and Mac is one of the most endearing things about the series, and one of the reasons I keep watching it (not the only reason, granted, but a large one). I could honestly watch episodes involving the two just hang out for days.

THis has been on my mind a bit, though. While we're almost always treated to the intelligent side of Mac, usually due to the fact that he (as well as Frankie) acts as the bastion of sanity in what could otherwise be a (albeit fun and safe) madhouse, we very rarely get a glimpse of his creative side (which we know exists). One of the only real instances I can recall us getting a glimpse of this side is "Make Believe It Or Not", which is one of the reasons I liked that episode so much.

Really, I'd just like to get to see his creative side more often.

some guy you dont know
12-22-2006, 06:52 AM
Very true. I think the frienship between Bloo and Mac is one of the most endearing things about the series, and one of the reasons I keep watching it (not the only reason, granted, but a large one). I could honestly watch episodes involving the two just hang out for days.

THis has been on my mind a bit, though. While we're almost always treated to the intelligent side of Mac, usually due to the fact that he (as well as Frankie) acts as the bastion of sanity in what could otherwise be a (albeit fun and safe) madhouse, we very rarely get a glimpse of his creative side (which we know exists). One of the only real instances I can recall us getting a glimpse of this side is "Make Believe It Or Not", which is one of the reasons I liked that episode so much.

Really, I'd just like to get to see his creative side more often.

agreed. we dont see that much. its nice to have mac as the resident brains of the group, but we need more of him using his brain outside of the box.

Voxxyn
12-23-2006, 06:13 AM
I agree, I'm sure he's a very creative boy. :)

Invader Bloo
12-23-2006, 06:24 AM
I don't like how the writer(s) of "One False Movie" wrote Mac as being a theif. It doesn't fit his character real well. :/

Voxxyn
12-23-2006, 06:40 AM
I don't really blame Mac for that. IMO, Bloo was so much of a utter bastard that I would've HATED the episode were it not for the surrounding funny parts. I was almost rooting for Mac to snap and smack/strangle Bloo.

(Before I get pegged as being "a treehugger who always wants everything to be happy": I love Bloo and think he's a great and funny character, but I also believe that he CAN be too much of a jerk sometimes, which is what he was in that episode.)

Medikor
12-23-2006, 09:42 AM
I thought the best part of OFM was Tom Hanks muffled lines!8D But Bloo was overbearing in that episode. I think it was just a lesson of not giving into peer pressure (Bloo hinting to Mac to sell Maddam Fosters reliks) and to not have someone else do the work for you and you take all the credit. That or don't give Bloo creative licance.8D

Invader Bloo
12-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah Mac should of jsut took Bloo's script & fired him.:)

some guy you dont know
12-23-2006, 11:41 AM
yeah but then the episode would have been over. that would dissapoint some fans (i honestly liked that episode)

taranchula
12-23-2006, 11:51 AM
I too enjoyed that episode a great deal, and it wasn't like Bloo totally forced Mac into stealing things and selling them to raise money.

All Bloo did was state that the movie was over budget and they needed more money to continue, how Mac got his hands on said money was irrelevant to Bloo just as long as the money was there. Granted it was all Bloo's fault that they went over budget in the first place so you know there's that.

Invader Bloo
12-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Yes, that episode is in my top 10 episodes (mainly because of the movie itself). But Mac stole which is not in his character IMHO.

kageri
12-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Yes, that episode is in my top 10 episodes (mainly because of the movie itself). But Mac stole which is not in his character IMHO.

I kinda like that it showed a not-so-saintly side to him, even though he clearly felt bad about it (which is still IC).

Mr. Marshmallow
12-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Mac does have a wild side to him, the creators even said so. I remember Craig or someone at the Foster's section at Comic Con this year (saw this on youtube), was asked how someone as sweet as Mac could create such a on and off jackass like Bloo.

They said that Mac has "a little bit of Bloo" in him. Mac has a wild side and he can be just as crazy, crafty, wacky, and naughty as Bloo can. Mac's shown this in "Bye Bye Nerdy", "Squeeze the day", "Neighbor Pains", "Partying is such Sweet Soiree" and the AWFUL (in my opinion) "Only have surprise for you".

Mac's a great kid and I think it's even greater that he has a bit of a nutty and wild side to him just like Bloo does. The good thing is, Mac at least knows how to hold it in more so then Bloo does.

xxelex
12-24-2006, 05:48 PM
I think he is always getting bloo into trouble

kageri
12-24-2006, 08:20 PM
I think he is always getting bloo into trouble

Bloo gets himself into trouble. He just drags Mac along for the ride.

Kale
01-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Bloo gets himself into trouble. He just drags Mac along for the ride.

That's what friends are for! xD

Cassini90125
01-19-2007, 07:00 PM
For those interested, a homemade Mac plush has become available on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320073565426&rd=1&rd=1

I think this is going to end up costing a fortune. :)

Invader Bloo
01-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Awesome, though Bloo is too small. He's around Mac's size in the show.

Bride_Of_Lister
01-20-2007, 12:16 AM
Awesome, though Bloo is too small. He's around Mac's size in the show.

Imagine a full size Wilt or Eduardo plushie! XP

'sides scale and proportions are optional in the Foster's universe.

Crash-N-Cortex
01-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Mac is very cool to me. He is nice and smart. I also like Mac's wild side in "Partying is Such Sweet Soiree" and "If Only I Had Suprise For You". It shows that Mac has "a little bit of Bloo" in him. Mac is lucky to have friends at Foster's. I have friends at school and at Deviantart, however I don't have many friends at this forum. I wanted to be respected just as everyone here in this community. I sure Mac has a lot of respect coming to Foster's to see Bloo. Mac is really a cool and respectful character to have in this show.

Sparky
01-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Imagine a full size Wilt or Eduardo plushie! XP

'sides scale and proportions are optional in the Foster's universe.

Not even the Wilt I made was lifesize, he was only 8 feet tall. I'd make an Ed but I don't have room, lol.

JPPT1974
01-24-2007, 04:15 AM
But Mac has a conscience though as acts as
Not just Bloos but even the House both human
And imaginary friends conscienc!:-/

♥ Berry ♥
04-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Mac is okay :scaryberry:

xxxClaire
04-27-2007, 08:21 AM
Mac is awesome! He's my favourite! :) (Then Frankie and Bloo.)

Ub3rD4n
04-28-2007, 12:54 AM
Yeah, Mac's the character on the show most like me, next to Wilt. He's sensible, and shy, and I'm sure that if I had an Imaginary Friend, I'd never let him go!

Aly23
05-04-2007, 07:51 AM
Mac is smart. I didn't know half of what he knows when i was eight. I didnt know how to make a compass..Mine always go and bit wrong. :)

Mac... I love you!

Ccook50
05-04-2007, 08:46 AM
I've always liked Mac. He's cute as a puppy, wise beyond his years, and they love him at the Home because all the other inhabitants there see him as their surrogate kid until they get adopted.

Sean Marquette, Mac's voice, has since said his favorite episode to work on was Partying is Such Sweet Soiree because he really got to cut loose doing Mac's sugar-fueled rampage.

One Radical Dude
05-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Yes, I concur. Partying is one of my favorite Mac moments of the show, so far, followed by the interaction with Bloo on "Squeeze the Day".

xxxClaire
05-16-2007, 02:46 PM
I enjoyed Partying, but I'd have to say "Squeeze The Day" is my favourite Mac episode. :)

Lynnie
07-09-2007, 05:47 PM
I love Mac. He's cute, and smart, and sensitive. And I relate with him a lot of times. My favorite Mac eppies are "Squeeze the Day" and "Bye Bye Nerdy". I didn't approve too much of the end of "BBN", but as an episode in whole, I really liked it. Mac's just trying to fit in, is dealing with peer pressure, and has a hard time making friends. I could relate so much, I really felt for him. He kind of snubbed Bloo, but made it right in the end. And I was cheering him on the whole time. Not to mention it was funny as ever seeing him dressed that way.

"He's my friend! *crowd gasps* He's my imaginary friend! *crowd gasps again* And he's my best friend!" Aww! Bloo was so pleased. And although, thanks to snotty James Withazee, his rep was ruined, I'm sure Mac felt a whole lot better clearing his concience of that. I thought that was pretty cool. It's that it ruined his reputation that I didn't agree with. Poor Mac. I just want to hug him sometimes. :P

ptps
07-10-2007, 05:50 AM
I like how Mac has an equal balance of win and fail in all the episodes. XD He's a really nice character, immediately likable, sensible and mature for a kid his age (most of the time anyway.)

The episode where I really, really felt bad for him was "I Only Have Surprise For You". That just... I was happy until Madame Foster ripped off her Artie disguise and then I died. XD I'm not sure if it was from laughter or horror. Poor Mac. That episode was... simply painful. In a sort-of good way. :P

don Jaime
09-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Cheese refers to Mac as "blockhead" on the commentary for "Mac Daddy." It occurred to me that Mac was originally based on that other blockhead, good old Charlie Brown. Is that why he has the adorable square head, do you suppose?

Dragonrider1227
09-17-2007, 10:12 AM
I like Mac. He's smart for his age, and a really cute kid. It's also amusing watching him go on his sugar rush 8D He's my favorite character second to Frankie of course
PS. I didn't know he was based on Charlie Brown. This makes me want to draw him in Chuck's famous sweater XD

Lynnie
09-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Cheese refers to Mac as "blockhead" on the commentary for "Mac Daddy." It occurred to me that Mac was originally based on that other blockhead, good old Charlie Brown. Is that why he has the adorable square head, do you suppose?

I didn't know he was based on Charlie Brown. This makes me want to draw him in Chuck's famous sweater XD

I don't think Cheese referring to Mac as "Blockhead" had anything to do with Charlie Brown, but rather the fact that Mac indeed does have a square head. Charlie Brown may have been one of many inspirations for Mac's design though. Perhaps personality as well. Eh, I'll let Craig himself explain his design for Mac-
...He started out more of a "Peanuts" "Dennis the Menace" type kid but there was something about this design that didn't feel right. He felt dated to me or something and I could never really "connect" to this kid. So I quickly changed the design of the head there he was.
Only afterwards did my family point out that he looks just like me at that age. I can totally see it now, but at the time it was totally subconcious.

And if you want to see the test designs for Mac (and Bloo, Coco, Ed, Wilt and Frankie) and the entire blog, here's (http://fosterstv.blogspot.com/) Craig's BlogSpot. He hasn't posted in almost a year now, but what he's done (so far) is awesome. :)

ptps
09-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Randomly checking Foster's on wikipedia resulted in this:

"Stephan Mackenzie Vaughn "Mac" is a character in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends voiced by Sean Marquette. "

Is this official, or just someone being an idiot? I'm guessing the latter.

pitbulllady
09-18-2007, 02:12 AM

"Stephan Mackenzie Vaughn "Mac" is a character in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends voiced by Sean Marquette. "

Sounds like one of the trolls is at it again, *sigh*. DO NOT trust any information you read on Wikipedia.com about this show, unless you can verify it here! Mac's whole name has NEVER been given, stated or implied by the crew that makes Foster's, NEVER. This is some garbage that some idiot(and I've got a pretty good idea who it is, since he does this sort of thing often, though he used to post that Mac's last name was "Forrester") posted. Recently, someone, probably the same person, posted that Wilt's real name was "William", as though "Wilt" wasn't even a real name, which it is!

pitbulllady

Dragonrider1227
09-18-2007, 10:26 AM
I don't think Cheese referring to Mac as "Blockhead" had anything to do with Charlie Brown, but rather the fact that Mac indeed does have a square head. Charlie Brown may have been one of many inspirations for Mac's design though. Perhaps personality as well. Eh, I'll let Craig himself explain his design for Mac-

And if you want to see the test designs for Mac (and Bloo, Coco, Ed, Wilt and Frankie) and the entire blog, here's (http://fosterstv.blogspot.com/) Craig's BlogSpot. He hasn't posted in almost a year now, but what he's done (so far) is awesome. :)

Interesting. I still may have to draw that idea though. 8D

Sparky
09-18-2007, 04:05 PM

Vaughn is the last name *I* gave Mac's family in my fanfics, though I don't know where the hell "Stephen Mackenzie" came from. It ticks me off that someone is using one of my fan ideas to troll Wikipedia. :terrence:

taranchula
09-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah, whatever Mac's last name is shall remain a mystery, until Craig and co decides to reveal it to us, and they may never bring it up at all.

Or they may just tease us by doing that classic gag, you know when a character is saying something important, yet we the audience can't hear what is being said because of a loud noise drowning out his or her dialog.

I never get tired of that one. 8D

Lynnie
09-18-2007, 05:14 PM
I learned long ago not to trust a single word at Wikepedia. I understand the creator of the sight had this brilliant idea, but some major faults were overlooked. To me, the sight doesn't even exist. For anything, not just Foster's. It's only good for a good laugh now and then. I don't know how on earth that name came into being, either. I can see a reason for "Mackenzie" but isn't "Mac" also a nickname for the name "William"?

Dragonrider, I'd sure love to see Mac dressed as good ol' Charlie Brown! If you do a pic and post it, I look forward to seeing it! :)

The Huntsman
10-05-2007, 04:09 PM
I just got through watching “Ticket To Rod”, and I have to say that the Foster’s Crew did a fantastic job when it came to portraying his crush on Frankie. It’s such an adorable relationship; Mac is too naïve to realize that she’s not interested in him, due to obvious reasons, but what he did was real classy. He’s only eight and yet he has more class than most men have; the chocolates and the compliments were smart on his part, and his decision to stick with Frankie and help her out was smart as well. Now, I’m not saying that this relationship is anything serious; I just think it was rather amusing and I believe the Foster’s Crew continued it rather well. Even though he won’t get Frankie, I’m sure he’ll land himself a fine lady some day.

pitbulllady
10-05-2007, 04:41 PM
I just got through watching ?Ticket To Rod?, and I have to say that the Foster?s Crew did a fantastic job when it came to portraying his crush on Frankie. It?s such an adorable relationship; Mac is too naïve to realize that she?s not interested in him, due to obvious reasons, but what he did was real classy. He?s only eight and yet he has more class than most men have; the chocolates and the compliments were smart on his part, and his decision to stick with Frankie and help her out was smart as well. Now, I?m not saying that this relationship is anything serious; I just think it was rather amusing and I believe the Foster?s Crew continued it rather well. Even though he won?t get Frankie, I?m sure he?ll land himself a fine lady some day.

Yes, I know that Mac's crush is innocent, and Frankie, being still full of child-like enthusiasm herself, sees Mac as a friend, but believe me, there are a LOT of people(mostly young boys themselves, who relate to Mac, I guess), who really think that there is a serious romantic, if not intimate, relationship between this 22-year-old woman and this 8-year-old little boy. This latest episode is only going to add to that perception. I know it's basically "sour grapes" on my part, too, since most people know that I do NOT support ANY hint of such a relationship between any adult and any child, but that is how a lot of people will take it. I can look forward to tons of Mac/Frankie kiddie porn fics on FF.net, now, besides the one that's already there.

pitbulllady

Dragonrider1227
10-06-2007, 04:25 PM
I just got through watching ?Ticket To Rod?, and I have to say that the Foster?s Crew did a fantastic job when it came to portraying his crush on Frankie. It?s such an adorable relationship; Mac is too naïve to realize that she?s not interested in him, due to obvious reasons, but what he did was real classy. He?s only eight and yet he has more class than most men have; the chocolates and the compliments were smart on his part, and his decision to stick with Frankie and help her out was smart as well. Now, I?m not saying that this relationship is anything serious; I just think it was rather amusing and I believe the Foster?s Crew continued it rather well. Even though he won?t get Frankie, I?m sure he?ll land himself a fine lady some day.
Yeah, I thought his crush was absoutly adorable and I was impressed with Mac's gentlemanly behavior. It's kind of a pitty he and Frankie can't actually get together 'cause he's actually the closest thing she's ever gotten to a decent guy.8D

The Huntsman
10-08-2007, 01:34 AM
At any rate, I hope that the Foster’s Crew will continue to use such scenes in future episodes of the series. They have been a source of great comedy and character development, and since it’s been established in continuity that Mac still has feelings for Frankie, I’m sure it will re-surface from time to time. Despite what some people have said, the relationship isn’t pedophiliac in nature because it is obviously fabricated due to Mac’s naivety. In fact, I believe an episode based on that plot could be rather interesting. If Mac were forced to come to grips with the truth, in how Frankie is too old to be interested in him, then it could permit some good character development on his part. Maybe the Foster’s Crew could also use such an episode to give Mac a love interest that’s his own age.

pitbulllady
10-08-2007, 07:57 AM
At any rate, I hope that the Foster?s Crew will continue to use such scenes in future episodes of the series. They have been a source of great comedy and character development, and since it?s been established in continuity that Mac still has feelings for Frankie, I?m sure it will re-surface from time to time. Despite what some people have said, the relationship isn?t pedophiliac in nature because it is obviously fabricated due to Mac?s naivety. In fact, I believe an episode based on that plot could be rather interesting. If Mac were forced to come to grips with the truth, in how Frankie is too old to be interested in him, then it could permit some good character development on his part. Maybe the Foster?s Crew could also use such an episode to give Mac a love interest that?s his own age.

I believe that you are referring to me, and that I have stated that the relationship between Mac and Frankie is "pedophiliac in nature". NOWHERE have I said this, or insinuated it, but instead I HAVE expressed concern that there ARE many people out there who DO believe this, and actually WANT this to be the case. If you don't believe me, go back and check out your old stomping grounds at TV.com, where you will see page after page of arguements that such a relationship between a grown woman and an eight-year-old child is perfectly normal and acceptable, simply because they are both human, and claiming that Frankie's feelings for Mac are clearly romantic and her behavior indicates that the two of them are mutually "in love" with each other. Also, anyone who does not believe that there is plenty of Mac/Frankie smut out there can go to Deviantart.com and type in "Mac/Frankie" in the search box, or go to the Foster's section on FF.net, change the rating to "M" in the drop-down box at the top, and click "Go". I won't even bother providing the names of specific stories; you can read the summaries for yourself. All of this was BEFORE "Ticket to Rod", based solely on "Frankie My Dear", and so I would guess that there will be a new onslaught now. I don't have a problem with Mac having an innocent crush on Frankie; I DO have a problem with the fact that this is used as "ammunition" to bolster the belief of many people out there that their relationship is far less innnocent and that it SHOULD be pedophiliac! It's sad and unfortunate that this episode is simply going to fuel that fire, but don't insinuate, please, that *I* myself see Mac's behavior as an indication that they are intimately involved with each other.

pitbulllady

The Huntsman
10-08-2007, 01:10 PM
If you don't believe me, go back and check out your old stomping grounds at TV.com, where you will see page after page of arguments that such a relationship between a grown woman and an eight-year-old child is perfectly normal and acceptable, simply because they are both human, and claiming that Frankie's feelings for Mac are clearly romantic and her behavior indicates that the two of them are mutually "in love" with each other.
Most of them are children. Of course children are going to want the relationship to be real. I’m sure many boys would love to be in Mac’s place, and some girls likely want to be in Frankie’s place as well. Can a child be a pedophile? I don’t think so. It’s a fantasy; it’s an amusing scenario and I don’t believe those who support it are pedophiles. I’ve checked over at TV.com and I haven’t seen “page after page” of people who say such things, and even though I’m sure there are some people, they are in the vast minority. You’ve been acting like the minority is the majority, but a majority of those who like the Frankie and Mac relationship don’t think anything x-rated, and that’s my main problem. Some of the things that you’ve said have implied that liking the relationship is wrong, because “you don’t support pedophilia at all”. But it isn’t pedophilia. Children have the right to fantasize, and children can’t be pedophiles.

Also, the reason I said what I said is that, when somebody mentioned that supporters of the relationship were defending their views, you called them pedophiles and said you were disgusted. However, I’m a supporter of the relationship. I know it’s not real, and it’s fabricated on Mac’s part, but I still support it and I hope that the show will continue to toy with Mac’s feelings in future episodes. A vast majority of those who support the Frankie and Mac relationship aren’t thinking of anything x-rated, and I believe that’s where you have your facts incorrect.

I apologize that I took offense, but I felt like you were calling me a pedophile because I supported the relationship. A vast majority of those who support the relationship, and would like to see more of it in the show, aren't pedophiles.

Xroc88
10-14-2007, 04:22 PM
I Think its hilarious when mAc displays that love struck grin lol.

Lynnie
10-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I love that "love struck grin" too. It's interesting how in the cartoon they portray it so well physically like that. When in real life, one feels that love-struck/happy/helpless/floating-on-air on the inside, but in outward appearances, there's just a blank look and a glaze in the eyes. But you can sure feel what Mac's feeling more with seeing his smile than you can with just the blank look and glazed over eyes. LOL! :)

Xroc88
10-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Also james L venable did a good job porttraying it with the music lol. I like his fosters score with many variations of the theme. he should rls a score album.

Scrawffler
10-15-2007, 01:39 AM
Too right he should, I bet it would sell better than some movie soundtracks ^^

In real life a lot of kids tend to go through a phase where they crush on someone a lot older than them. It doesn't mean the older one likes them back in the same way - it's similar to crushing on a celebrity I suppose. And I agree with the lovestruck grin comments - it gets the message across so well!

Xroc88
10-15-2007, 05:52 AM
The Reason why i think its funny is because frankie is probably wondering what the heck is wrong with him?

Dragonrider1227
10-16-2007, 10:16 AM
LOL That'd be amusing to see

Xroc88
10-17-2007, 07:53 PM
I also liked in squeeze the day whyen macs like: THERE HOOOME!!!!!!!! in that high pitched voice lol.:P

Dragonrider1227
10-18-2007, 11:28 AM
I liked Mac in that entire episode. 8D

Dragonrider1227
12-11-2007, 03:02 PM
(sorry for the double post) Watching the episode with Bloo's House Party the other day, I noticed something I hadn't before. As Mac runs around the house on his sugar rush, he starts shouting "POUR SOME SUGAR ON MAC!!" as a reference to "Pour some sugar on me" 8D

Lynnie
12-11-2007, 09:02 PM
haha, yeah, I remember noticing that. Wasn't that a rap song? *flashing back to high school*

taranchula
12-11-2007, 09:06 PM
Ah yes, Mac's quoting of Def Leopard lyrics is one of many reasons of the myriad of reasons why this cartoon is one of the best on the tube.

Nasiom
12-20-2007, 08:27 AM
My son keeps having people tell him he looks like Mac

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-5/727856/0macjac.jpg

so for Halloween this is what he went as
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-5/727856/00jacmac.jpg

What do you guys think?

Imaginary Light
12-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Wow. He really does look like Mac! :P

jekylljuice
12-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Blimey! Your son is quite the look-alike, Nasiom. :)

And your Bloo plushie is very nice too.

TB
12-20-2007, 01:13 PM
The bushy hair really sells it for me(love bushy hair, which is why my bf will never be allowed to cut his too low). I love it. He makes an awesome Mac. :)

Nasiom
12-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks everyone! It's funny because I had not really watched the show, he liked it but I hadn't set down to actually watch it. We went out to eat with a couple and their children and their little boy kept saying "he looks like Mac" I asked what he meant and my son explained who Mac was, needless to say I watched it the next time it was on and I was bowled over on how much he looked and acted like Mac:bloosmirk: So for Halloween he went with the Bloo, which I made and he of course was Mac, but everyone that had not seen Fosters didn't think he was dressed up. 8D

Lynnie
12-20-2007, 06:36 PM
Aw, how cool! They do look alike! I would have cheered if they had come to my door on Halloween night. And then given him a lot of candy. :)

Thank you so much for sharing, Nasiom! :bloosmirk:

Ridureyu
12-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Now we know what Mac really looks like.

Ignate
12-21-2007, 12:58 AM
That is certainly quite a resemblance.

Nasiom
12-21-2007, 03:28 AM
I think what is so funny is how his hair lays, we didn't style it to look like Mac, it just naturally goes like that. The picture of him in the orange shirt was taken before we discovered how much he looked like Mac. Even adults ask him if he knew he looked like Mac. The show is such a wonderful well written show, which makes me happy, I would hate for him to look like someone from a bad show. Everyone that compares him, always has so many nice things to say, which is really pretty cool for him. :)

Aw, how cool! They do look alike! I would have cheered if they had come to my door on Halloween night. And then given him a lot of candy. :)

Thank you so much for sharing, Nasiom! :bloosmirk:

Lynnie my son would have loved coming to your house:bloogrin:

One Radical Dude
12-21-2007, 11:53 PM
Whoa, that really does look like Mac! :) I agree with Lynnie. If that dude were to come to my doorstep, he would get lots of sugar candy.

Pawbah
12-23-2007, 01:25 AM
A real life Mac! SO CUTE! I would have given the kid a whole bowl of candy... though if he was the real Mac that wouldn't have been a good thing.

Crash-N-Cortex
12-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Cool! Jackson does look a lot like Mac! :)

girl_named_goo
12-26-2007, 08:40 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-5/727856/00jacmac.jpg

SOOOOO CUTE!!!! Tell Jackson that Craig and I LOVE his costume!! He's a dead ringer for Mac :) :) :) How awesome!!

---:lauren:

Nasiom
12-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Thanks so much! He had the same kind of shoes Mac wears but he took them off before I could get a picture. The kids at his school loved his costume. They kept wanting to carry Bloo around.8D
As I said, this is such a great character to look like, he gets such positive comments. :) My oldest who is in his 20's has a girlfriend, she loves Foster's and we were in Hot Topic buying her Foster's stuff for christmas and everyone in there, kept telling Jackson he looked like Mac. I ordered the figure set when we first realized they looked alike and I set it out on his book shelf and I sometimes forget it's a figure of Mac and not of Jackson. :)

Dragonrider1227
01-07-2008, 11:26 AM
He sure DOES look like Mac. Great costume. Cute Bloo toy :bloogrin:

Mac-a-lacka
04-28-2008, 06:55 AM
The Mac thread hasn"t been updated in a llooooonnnnggggg time!:P:frankiemad::(:edmad::terrence::'(>:(

Cassini90125
04-28-2008, 07:06 AM
Then perhaps you'd like to contribute something relevant to it? This is a discussion thread, you know. :herriman:

It occurred to me that "A Day in the Life" sort of episode centered on Mac might be of some interest. Following an 8-year old around his school all day might not seem too exciting but it is Mac, after all, and it might provide more insight into what makes him tick. Who, if anyone, does he hang out with at recess? Does he get bullied? What's his favorite subject? Still some mysteries surrounding him. :)

Mac-a-lacka
04-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Then perhaps you'd like to contribute something relevant to it? This is a discussion thread, you know. :herriman:

It occurred to me that "A Day in the Life" sort of episode centered on Mac might be of some interest. Following an 8-year old around his school all day might not seem too exciting but it is Mac, after all, and it might provide more insight into what makes him tick. Who, if anyone, does he hang out with at recess? Does he get bullied? What's his favorite subject? Still some mysteries surrounding him. :)

Well, I have seen him hang out with a kid on "Bus the to of us".
and the only people that have actually been mean to Mac are8D&:terrsmile:.

jekylljuice
04-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Well, I have seen him hang out with a kid on "Bus the to of us".
and the only people that have actually been mean to Mac are8D&:terrsmile:.

Don't forget Berry. She did attempt to slice him down with a train set, after all. :scaryberry:

Mac-a-lacka
04-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Don't forget Berry. She did attempt to slice him down with a train set, after all. :scaryberry:

I guess that's true.

Berry also tried to get rid of Mac by forcing Bloo to say all that stuff to him.:P

Lynnie
04-28-2008, 03:16 PM
That'd be an awesome eppie, sure to be one of my fast favorites if were to come to be. I see him as kind of a loner, liking to sit under a tree and read during recess, but if one of his friends invite him to play something, he'll happily join in. But he may not have many friends because he's so quiet and kind of shy. I've sooooo been there. One of the reasons he's my favorite character. Our childhoods appear to have been very similar. I even had imaginary friends. :bloosmirk:

I don't really see him bullied, although I can see other kids picking on him. Mac's good at just letting it roll off though, so it wouldn't escalate to any fight or anything. And he knows how to stand up for himself. Terrence is the only one who I see actually bullying him. And that's just because they're brothers, and he knows he's got an advantage.

I picture Mac liking science and engineering. He seemed to be enjoying chemistry in "Hiccy Burp", and has a chemistry kit (heard of in "Bloo's Brothers"). He was also knowledgeable about natural science in "Camp Keep a Good Mac Down". As for engineering, this may just be me, but I see him liking to know how things work. I bet he'd be good at taking things apart just to see how it worked, and then putting it back together again. And it may work even better after he put it back together. :)

Mac-a-lacka
04-28-2008, 07:38 PM
I figured out that there are only two episodes that Mac doesn't wear his backpack at all.:wiltshock::o

Mac-a-lacka
05-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Excuse the double post but...has anyone noticed that the letter "o" in "cartoonnetwork video" kind of resembles Mac's head?:)8D

Mr. Herriman fan
05-12-2008, 04:55 AM
I like Mac, but his voice (in Polish version) is very irritating! However, I like the most scene with him, when he eats some sugar and gets craaaazy! 8D

Mac-a-lacka
05-12-2008, 08:31 PM
I like Mac, but his voice (in Polish version) is very irritating!

Really? I'd like to hear his voice and see what it sounds like.(In Polish version that is):P

Mr. Herriman fan
05-12-2008, 08:44 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lI-BHHiRyA0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lUZceD2Of7A&feature=related (Sugar!)
Here you go. :bloogrin:

Mac-a-lacka
05-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Thanks.

Mac's voice is different.:P

WiltsAKGirl17
05-27-2008, 09:28 PM
CN pulled the first clip you submitted, but I saw the sugar ine. Not only was it my first time seeing Mac's sugar rush from Partying is Such Sweet Soiree(holy. cow.), it was my first exposure to Polish Foster's.

I liked Mac's voice in the Polish dub-- it was different to listen to, and I enjoyed it. Even though I don't speak a word of Polish. :P

jekylljuice
05-28-2008, 02:16 AM
Lol, I quite liked his voice in the Polish dub too. Then again, I've always had a thing for the sheer novelty of hearing familiar characters speak in languages and voices which are totally unfamiliar to me. A multiple language reel showcasing the variety of different Foster's dubs from all areas of the globe would be something that I'd actually quite like to see amongst the special features of a future DVD release.

Dragonrider1227
06-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Strange screenshot I took off of a music video I found on youtube
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/Dragonrider1227/FB.jpg
What do you supposed "FB" stands for? :confused: XD

Cassini90125
06-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Strange screenshot I took off of a music video I found on youtube

(Pic was here)

What do you supposed "FB" stands for? :confused: XD

"Funny Bunny", from World Wide Wabbit. Excellent episode. ;D

Dragonrider1227
06-17-2008, 01:14 PM
OH YEAH! FUNNY BUNNY! 8D

Sparky
06-17-2008, 02:19 PM
You mean you never saw these (http://neithersparky.deviantart.com/art/I-Heart-FB-Boxers-signed-76513862)? ;) I have that same screen shot (http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/406-0048.jpg) on my site too btw. The actual ep was I Only Have Surprise For You.

Mac-a-lacka
06-17-2008, 04:28 PM
I wish I had a pair of those. 8D

Shelltoon
06-17-2008, 05:36 PM
You mean you never saw these (http://neithersparky.deviantart.com/art/I-Heart-FB-Boxers-signed-76513862)? ;)

ARGH, you're so lucky to get your pair signed! I wish I had some I Heart FB boxers now. XD

Sparky
06-17-2008, 05:38 PM
...I'm not sure but I might have a few (unsigned of course) ones left over...I had made a whole bunch. I'll find out when I dig out last year's Con stuff to get ready for this year's.

Dragonrider1227
06-20-2008, 12:22 PM
You mean you never saw these (http://neithersparky.deviantart.com/art/I-Heart-FB-Boxers-signed-76513862)? ;) I have that same screen shot (http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/406-0048.jpg) on my site too btw. The actual ep was I Only Have Surprise For You.
Those look GREAT! Congrats on getting them signed

jekylljuice
06-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Yay, Mac! Yesterday, I saw a Sky TV van drive up my street with a beautiful painting of him upon the back, advertising Cartoon Network. I've seen loads of those things adorned with pictures of Simpsons characters (bleh, how frightfully predictable), and on occasion Jack Bauer, but this marks the first time that I've seen a character from Foster's receive such an honour - it's too bad that I didn't have my digital camera handy at the time.

Mac-a-lacka
06-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Yay, Mac! Yesterday, I saw a Sky TV van drive up my street with a beautiful painting of him upon the back, advertising Cartoon Network.

Wow, I bet that was an awesome thing to see. :D

it's too bad that I didn't have my digital camera handy at the time.

I guess the rest of us will just have to picture it in our minds. :P

Unless the van drives by again. :wiltyeahright:

jekylljuice
06-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Unless the van drives by again. :wiltyeahright:

Well, there's always a chance. I'll keep my eyes peeled, anyway. :)

Dragonrider1227
06-24-2008, 04:45 PM
POST DELETED

taranchula
06-24-2008, 04:53 PM
I think for the sake of everything good and decent in the world, we shall go no further with the above thought...okay?

Okay.

Sparky
06-24-2008, 04:59 PM
Actually that was completely inappropriate and I am deleting the post. Shame on you, Dragonrider. :sadbendy: Please watch it in the future.

Dragonrider1227
06-24-2008, 08:02 PM
aww, fine. I'm sorry :(

Jackie Khones
06-30-2008, 07:12 PM
In my oppinion, Mac is witty, nice and funny. I think I'd definatly be friends with him if he was real.

Frankie_Foster
12-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Mac behaves a lot better then most kids I see in public. :P

TheVoid
12-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Mac is kinda cool. But not as cool as um... ...I don't know. Lol.

Lynnie
05-16-2009, 10:33 PM
There's a kid at my church who's always reminded me of Mac, mostly because he was around the same age (well, 10) when I first met him and he had the same shaggy bowl haircut. He just turned 13 and has since cut his hair, but I still tend to think of Mac when I see him. Very nice kid by the way. :)

Anyway, I saw him today and I also happened to be wearing one of my Foster's shirts. He caught me off guard while we passed eachother in the hall by pointing at my shirt and saying "Hey, I know that show!" I smiled real big at him and said "You do?" "Yeah, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends! It's funny!" He smiled real big at me and I responded by saying "Yeah, it's awesome!"

And that was it. But I found it too cool after all these years of knowing him and him reminding me of Mac that of all people he'd know and like the show too! :)

Lynnie
08-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Yesterday, there was not one, but two kids that came into my workplace that looked a LOT like Mac. The first was actually a girl, but she had to have been 7 or 8, with the short mop haircut, dark brown hair, a square face, and big round eyes. She was wearing a Disney shirt, too. She looked very much like a cartoon character, it was cute! The second one was a boy, maybe a year or two older (8-10), same haircut, square face, and he was wearing similar clothes. His long sleeved shirt was black instead of white, and he had a grey short sleeved one over it instead of red. But he had on khakis and black and white sneakers. :)

Howard
08-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Did his feet look like two dinner rolls?:)8D

Lynnie
08-05-2009, 06:37 PM
Haha, not quite. They were longer and flatter. Maybe more like sub loaves. :) His pants were covering much of them though, too.

Howard
08-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Mac's feet always looked like black dinner rolls with white stripes.:)

Bloo4Ever
08-06-2009, 07:24 AM
The real test to see if someone is Mac is to see if their head is as big as their entire body 8D

You gotta love that massive cranium :)

Another Castle
12-13-2009, 08:41 AM
Mac is undoubtedly my favorite human character. He may seem ordinary compared to all the diverse and inventive IFs, but he is so, well, lovable! He is (the majority of the time) to voice of reason, is quite grown up, well-behaved and certainly smart for his age, yet he can still be paranoid, distracted, silly, upset, childish, excitable, on sugar, in love etc,- and he's so adorable! He doesn't sound particularly cute if you try to describe him, but I defiantly think he is cuter than Cheese/Fluffer Nutter/Berry etc- I mean just look at his smile! http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/402-0104.jpg

When this show was first being written, why do we think the decision was made to include a human child in the story, rather than just the show being abut the house? Is it to give the story more structure? Would it be fair to state that Mac represents the typical member of the shows target audience (i.e. 8-year old children)? Or is more more of a role model?

Also, what do we think Mac enjoys? His taste in culture/entertainment? From the merchandise in his room, his favorite film appears to be Rocket Wars (obviously a very thinly-disguised Star Wars copy). After watching Make Believe-it or Not (and from my profile picture), I have gathered he is a fan of Formula One racing.

Also, I was just browsing these pages when somebody suggested that the name "Mac" can be short for "William". Really? I've never heard that before!

Another thing I have just learned- there is a character in on old Powerpuff girls episode who is something of a Mac prototype