PDA

View Full Version : SS/FHFIF crossover

Thornwhistle
10-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Will there ever be a SpongeBob Squarepants/ Foster's Home for Imaginary friends crossover? I'd like to see this happen.

taranchula
10-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Realistically, "No". In people's fan fictions "Yes".

BlooCheese
10-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Actually, there was a fanfic I read that had SpongeBob as Mac's imaginary friend...

taranchula
10-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Actually, there was a fanfic I read that had SpongeBob as Mac's imaginary friend...

See as of right now that is the only real way such a crossover will be possible.

Invader Bloo
10-15-2006, 01:29 PM
I would like to see one, but Nick hates CN. :(

Kzinistzerg
10-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Well, yeah, they've pretty much got the same kind of stuff to show.

Kzinistzerg
10-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Not everyoone is. It's easy to see why, though I LOVE the fact that eduardo and spongebob have the same voice actor.

Voxxyn
10-15-2006, 02:48 PM
I love SBSP(well, I love the first two seasons and part of season three at least), I believe it's one of the very best children's cartoons of the current generation.

But as SBSP is Nick property and Foster's is CN property, a crossover is never happening.

k0ugs
10-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Not everyoone is. It's easy to see why, though I LOVE the fact that eduardo and spongebob have the same voice actor.

Ever watch the Dilbert cartoon? The voice of like 90% of the characters is the guy who does spongebob... i didnt know he also did eduardo... sheesh

Bloo2daMacs
10-15-2006, 06:24 PM
A Spongebob/ Foster's crossover? I know where you got that idea from... cuz I was there...

anyway, I doubt it would ever happen, Nick and CN are two different companies, they'd never work together.

Still, doesn't mean we can't dream of it.

Also, how would that even work? Spongebob takes place under the sea, and Foster's takes place... some place on land, I have no idea how that'd work out. :P

Kzinistzerg
10-16-2006, 11:26 AM
they have cyus, the sea monster, so htey ought to be able to keep spongebob.

One Radical Dude
10-16-2006, 11:41 AM
No, no, and NO!!!! Nuh-uh!!! No crossovers, please, thank you very much. :macwor: Sorry, but not everyone here likes SpongeBob, and I'm one of those people. Even if I did, I'm not really fond of crossovers.

Nyo
10-16-2006, 11:51 AM
...Who's "SponeBob", ORD? >_>

Anyway, I doubt it.

Cassini90125
10-16-2006, 11:55 AM
I don't much care for Spongebob either. As for crossovers, it depends on the shows and the characters. Bloo working either with or against Cartman, now that would be worth seeing! 8D

Kzinistzerg
10-16-2006, 12:10 PM
Noo... see, it's just TOO out there. I'd love to see South Park make fun of FOsters, and include a Mac, because he'd fit in porpoprtion-wise, but a serious crossover would just be weird.

Emma
10-16-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah...weirdly awesome. XD

Cassini90125
10-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Throw Stewie from Family Guy in with them and by the end of the episode whatever city they're in will be reduced to a crater. :scaryberry:

kageri
10-16-2006, 12:26 PM
As for crossovers, it depends on the shows and the characters. Bloo working either with or against Cartman, now that would be worth seeing! 8D

Quoted for truth, although I'd hope for Bloo's sake that he wouldn't be on Cartman's bad side.

Kzinistzerg
10-16-2006, 12:43 PM
Yeah... me too. I guess chewy could defend him, htough. or eduardo.

GrimTheLost
10-16-2006, 01:20 PM
I don't think tv shows should have crossovers, unless one of the shows was a spin-off of the other.

Cassini90125
10-16-2006, 01:26 PM
I don't think tv shows should have crossovers, unless one of the shows was a spin-off of the other.

You mean... you don't want to see "The Brady Bunch On Gilligan's Island"? :o

CG
10-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Eeew. Even me, being a fan of SpongeBob made me cringe at the idea. How would that work exactly? Some kid imagines a SpongeBob? How far could he go, since he can only live in water?

And South Park/Fosters is even MORE of a stretch. South Park is for adult audiences. Fosters is not.

So I'm afraid fan art and fan fics is the only way you'll see this and I for one am glad since that means I can avoid both mediums.

Invader Bloo
10-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Foster's isn't atleast supposed to be made for adults. :)
There was a crossover! It was in "Big Picture", remember?

CG
10-16-2006, 01:55 PM
But it wasn't a main plot point was it? No, it was only a split second when Mandy appeared. She did nothing for the story; and besides, she was from the imagination of Mac.

montitech
10-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Foster's isn't atleast supposed to be made for adults. :)
There was a crossover! It was in "Big Picture", remember?

THere was also a crossover when the threee ed's where at the junkyard while Ed Was fighting for Terrance. (Episode: Eddie Monster)
http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/3/31-0064.jpg

Monty :-/

CCMars
10-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Ugh, no! I'm sorry, but what is with people in this fandom and crossing Fosters with shows from a different network that have totally different animation styles? I have NEVER seen a fandom with so many people that like to do this, not even when I was a part of the Digimon and Powerpuff Girls fandoms (and those were way bigger than Fosters).

Sorry for lashing out like that, but this really has been bothering me for a while.

Invader Bloo
10-16-2006, 05:18 PM
Still it was a cross-over. :P
Also in the Ed's pic, i think that was supposed to be a foster-ized version of Dexter.

kageri
10-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Ugh, no! I'm sorry, but what is with people in this fandom and crossing Fosters with shows from a different network that have totally different animation styles? I have NEVER seen a fandom with so many people that like to do this, not even when I was a part of the Digimon and Powerpuff Girls fandoms (and those were way bigger than Fosters).

Sorry for lashing out like that, but this really has been bothering me for a while.

I don't really like crossovers either, partially because I don't like getting crappy cartoon in my Foster's. Then there's a big stain and you have to use Shout and everything. Hey, that was a pretty good analogy.

As for mixing animation styles, though, I don't think that would be a problem. Just look at "Drawn Together".

CCMars
10-16-2006, 05:27 PM
I don't really like crossovers either, partially because I don't like getting crappy cartoon in my Foster's. Then there's a big stain and you have to use Shout and everything. Hey, that was a pretty good analogy.

"You got crappy cartoon in my Foster's!"
"You got Foster's in my crappy cartoon!"
"Say, this is pretty...eugh, this stuff is terrible!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist. 8D

As for mixing animation styles, though, I don't think that would be a problem. Just look at "Drawn Together".

I don't quite mean it in that way. At least when you look at Drawn Together, the overall mood and style of the show still says, "Hey look, I'm on Drawn Together!" Not so with, say, a Spongebob/Foster's crossover.

kageri
10-16-2006, 05:33 PM
"You got crappy cartoon in my Foster's!"
"You got Foster's in my crappy cartoon!"
"Say, this is pretty...eugh, this stuff is terrible!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist. 8D

I don't quite mean it in that way. At least when you look at Drawn Together, the overall mood and style of the show still says, "Hey look, I'm on Drawn Together!" Not so with, say, a Spongebob/Foster's crossover.

That's very true, and I wouldn't want a Spongebob/Foster's crossover either, although I do like Spongebob. They just.... don't need to be crossed over. The settings are too different, even excluding the whole "Spongebob lives underwater and the Foster's gang do not" thing.

GrimTheLost
10-16-2006, 06:47 PM
You mean... you don't want to see "The Brady Bunch On Gilligan's Island"? :o

Lol, I could see Alice trying to clean everyones little huts.

Kzinistzerg
10-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Yeah, a crossover would not do so well.

Thornwhistle
10-18-2006, 02:27 PM
When I came up with this idea,I thought it'd be like taking some peanut butter (SS) and some jelly (FHFIF) to make a delishious PB&J sandwich (cross-over). But everyone sees it more as liver and onions or some nasty food combo.

GrimTheLost
10-18-2006, 04:43 PM
But everyone sees it more as liver and onions or some nasty food combo.

Liver and onions- ew:wiltshock:

Green
10-19-2006, 01:06 PM
They are kinda rivals when u think of it. so it will never happen oh and im not a big fan of spongebob..................ok i despise it8D :bloogrin

LaBlooGirl
10-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Will there ever be a SpongeBob Squarepants/ Foster's Home for Imaginary friends crossover? I'd like to see this happen.

I hope not. I don't care much for SS.

Voxxyn
10-20-2006, 09:09 PM
I wouldn't want a crossover either... but does everyone here really have to bash SBSP?

It's a popular contemporary cartoon that DOESN'T rely on nonstop pop-culture references for it's humor. I find that refreshing, even if the new episodes aren't very good.

CCMars
10-20-2006, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't want a crossover either... but does everyone here really have to bash SBSP?

It's a popular contemporary cartoon that DOESN'T rely on nonstop pop-culture references for it's humor. I find that refreshing, even if the new episodes aren't very good.

I didn't mean for anything I said to come across as bashing (the "crappy cartoon" thing was a joke), but if I did I apologize.

kageri
10-21-2006, 09:39 AM

I love SBSP, even if a crossover with FHFIF wouldn't really work. It doesn't help that one is at least partially computer animated and the other isn't...

Invader Bloo
10-21-2006, 01:18 PM

Wow! A SB fan! *Protects us SB fans*
The newer episodes are sucky,but they're starting to get good though!

HappyFoppy
10-23-2006, 02:40 AM
Thorn also is an SB fan, right?

Oh well, I don't hope (and think) this will happen... And I don't like SBSP. It's too predictable. I did see one episode that really reaaaally made me laugh - I didn't see the name though, but it was about Krabs telling Plankton there's plankton in the Krabby Patty's (or whatever the name is).

Anyway, where would they meet? SB lives at the bottom of the ocean _and_ fits in a darn pineapple. :)

Voxxyn
10-28-2006, 02:50 AM
I've been a huge SpongeBob fan for nearly as long ever since it debuted in 1999, and BEFORE it became the cultural phenomenon it now is(So please don't accuse me of being a mindless zombie who worshippes anything that is popular). That's why I made that last post, and why I feel upset by what some people are saying here. I dislike seeing ANYTHING just casually dismissed as "sucking" or "crappy" without any real effort into their thoughts(And it's even worse when it's something that I really like).

Invader Bloo
10-28-2006, 06:27 AM
Same here, thatw as when Nick was good. So I watched most of what was Nick. This will never happen though, there's no possible way. Crossovers with other shows from CN is possible though. It will probally happen too, hopefully not with one of CN's cruddy shows.

LosDosEduardos
10-28-2006, 08:36 AM
Hey, if it were to happen, Eduardo's voice would start to change to sound like Spongebob's. I'm kinda refering to the Comicon meeting that Sparky taped. She has a way with recording.

HappyFoppy
10-30-2006, 01:04 AM
I've been a huge SpongeBob fan for nearly as long ever since it debuted in 1999, and BEFORE it became the cultural phenomenon it now is(So please don't accuse me of being a mindless zombie who worshippes anything that is popular). That's why I made that last post, and why I feel upset by what some people are saying here. I dislike seeing ANYTHING just casually dismissed as "sucking" or "crappy" without any real effort into their thoughts(And it's even worse when it's something that I really like).

Sorry if I hurt your feelings Voxxyn - I didn't mean to... But just not everyone can think something is good, of course! :)
Also, I don't think it sucks... I tend to watch it sometimes, and it can really amuse me sometimes too, but the kind of humor is just not so good in big doses.

YuckieDuck
10-30-2006, 05:15 AM
Noo... see, it's just TOO out there. I'd love to see South Park make fun of FOsters, and include a Mac, because he'd fit in porpoprtion-wise, but a serious crossover would just be weird.

I agree, especially since Foster's has already made a South Park reference (at least I think so)! In "Camp Keep a Good Mac Down", Bloo drank Eduardo's tears which Cartman did before in the SP episode "Scott Tenorman Must Die". Also, the man in the cell phone suit in "Phone Home" really sounded like Kenny!

swarlock
11-02-2006, 03:27 PM

No. But I may do one in which they come to visit my favorite attraction in Florida. In the process they meet an imaginary Friend there.

Watch for it soon at Fanfiction.net.

THere was also a crossover when the threee ed's where at the junkyard while Ed Was fighting for Terrance. (Episode: Eddie Monster)
http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/3/31-0064.jpg

Monty :-/

At best these are side cameos. Nothing more.

Every show was a reference to something else. It's just how it is.

That's why I made that last post, and why I feel upset by what some people are saying here. I dislike seeing ANYTHING just casually dismissed as "sucking" or "crappy" without any real effort into their thoughts(And it's even worse when it's something that I really like).

Perfectly understood. I learned that not everybody likes what I like sometimes but I'm not offended by it. It all depends on what makes any show tick.

BabyElephant
11-05-2006, 06:59 PM
What if they did "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends Meets Scooby-Doo and the Harlem Globetrotters on Zombie Island"? Man, that'd be sweet.

montitech
11-05-2006, 09:51 PM
What if they did "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends Meets Scooby-Doo and the Harlem Globetrotters on Zombie Island"? Man, that'd be sweet.

I think that may be a bit far fetched.
Yes, Scooby already has met the Globetrotters so thats can be done.
Yes, Scooby has been to Zombie Island so that can be done.
YEst, the Globetrotters have visited other cartoons, so why not fosters.
Yes CN has rights to use Scoob so that should not be much of a problem.

But Mac has not even left the city I do not think he will be able to make it al the way to Zombie Island. at least not yet. maybe in a season or two.

Monty:-/

Cassini90125
11-05-2006, 11:22 PM

Frankie and Daphne on screen together... Ooooooooo...

kageri
11-06-2006, 09:09 AM
I agree, especially since Foster's has already made a South Park reference (at least I think so)! In "Camp Keep a Good Mac Down", Bloo drank Eduardo's tears which Cartman did before in the SP episode "Scott Tenorman Must Die". Also, the man in the cell phone suit in "Phone Home" really sounded like Kenny!

I don't think those were intentional references, but Craig has done it before:

http://i14.tinypic.com/2mrfm0m.jpg

Invader Bloo
11-11-2006, 06:37 PM
I personallydon't want to see a SD cross-over, the CN shows would be Billy & Mandy or KND. I would like to see Lazlo but that's impossible. I would like tosee SB but that's also impossible in 2 ways.

Howard
11-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Please don't kill me (It's just me) - I never got into Sponge Bob. In my opinion, the two cannot be compared to even think of a crossover (except in the fanfic realms):frankiesmile:

Chaos Wielder
11-11-2006, 11:17 PM
As much as I love both Foster's and Spongebob I don't think that a crossover would do too well mainly because both cartoons are completely different in many different ways. For one thing, we've got one cartoon that takes place underwater while another one takes place on land. While I think that problem could easily be worked out, I just don't think crossovers of any kind are a good idea simply because they usually don't do too well when it comes to content and characterization-sometimes characters go out of character in crossovers (take the Lilo and Stitch crossovers for example. I'm sorry, but I didn't like that Proud Family/Lilo and Stitch crossover episode because some of the characters went out of character or were just flat-out boring).

Plus, one cartoon is owned by Nickelodeon while the other by Cartoon Network, so it will never happen, pretty much.

However, this is just my opinion. ;)

Abby Mireen
11-14-2006, 09:40 AM
It's funny you guys should mention a crossover, and fanfics. Last year, on Fanfiction.Net, me and one other person both wrote crossovers of SpongeBob, and Charles' Dickens Christmas Carol. His version also had cameos from other shows, including Foster's. Basically what he did was tell the story the exact same way as it was told in the Muppet's Christmas Carol movie, and he had Bloo as Rizzo the Rat, saying exactly all the same lines that Rizzo said except with the names changed. That's the main problem with some crossovers, in my opinion, is people tend to just copy one story word for word, and use the names from another.

Sumshine 904
11-24-2006, 06:12 PM
It will never happen because Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon are two entirely different companies/networks.

Short, sweet, and to the point.

djd001
01-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Tom Kenny , great voice actor!!! Also does Wayne Cramp amongst several hundred other voice actors/actresses.

RE: to another thread about Grey DeLisle, great voice actress, love the deadpan delivery of Mandy in GABAM.

Best wishes to her , her partner and the baby. :frankiesmile:

HappyFoppy
01-21-2007, 06:28 AM
Something went wrong in the post up here. :herriman:

Invader Bloo
01-21-2007, 08:57 AM
i think it was the thing about him knowing who does a voice in the "Cramp Twins" .;)

How OT can you get man?

WiltsAKGirl17
11-10-2007, 09:34 PM

No kiddin'? Holy cow! Now everytime I listen to my SpongeBob SquarePants CD (Yes, such a thing exists. It was a Christmas gift from my grandma when I was 11-ish and I just now found it. I hate to admit this, but I put it on my iPod...) I'll think of Eduardo. :smed:

But back to original subject, I don't know if I'd go for a SS/FHFIF crossover. I don't know why, but the idea just doesn't sit too well with me.

Foster's Geek 287
11-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Even me, a SpongeBob/Foster's mega fan, wouldn't care for a cross-over. Maybe a cross-over DVD, with seperate episodes from different CN and Nick shows (Like that'd happen.)
But no episode for me.

Unless you had a combo of all sorts of cartoons together. That'd be cool.

And I also love Scooby-Doo. :bloogrin:

Ridureyu
11-13-2007, 12:39 AM
Well, Capcom vs. SNK worked out pretty well...

KazooBloo
12-06-2016, 12:03 PM
I'd hate to see this happen.