PDA

View Full Version : What'cha doing with that sword? -- The Gaming Thread

CCMars
10-14-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm sorry if this was done before, but I didn't see any threads like this, nor did I want to bring one back from the dead if there was one.

So what video game are you playing now? Feel like you're the only person in the world playing a certain game and want to spread the word? Just want to talk games in general? Here's your chance. :goo:

SPOILERS IN TAGS, PLEASE!

----

Anyway, I'm currently up against Xemnas, the game's final boss, on Kingdom Hearts II. I have to say, I liked this game way better than KH1. I was going to fill up the journal to get the secret ending, but I think I'm going to have to do that another time. Not only do I have Wild Arms 4 to finish and I want to play Star Ocean: Till the End of Time again, but I also have Final Fantasy XII coming up.

(I don't love RPG games. Really.)

Voxxyn
10-15-2006, 09:09 AM
I just finished re-playing through Metroid Fusion for the Game Boy Advance. A superb and top-notch game, which has unfortunately become forgotten due to Nintendo's insistence on focusing exclusively on the Prime sub-series. I love Prime 1 & 2 and I can't wait to get my hand on the planned third installment for Wii--but after that, I REALLY hope they make a real sequel to the events of Fusion; 2-D and for the Nintendo DS.

GrimTheLost
10-15-2006, 10:10 AM
I'm playing my copies of NFS: Most Wanted and Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition. They are more interesting than I thought they would be.

CCMars
10-15-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm playing my copies of NFS: Most Wanted and Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition. They are more interesting than I thought they would be.

I've heard of Midnight Club 3, but what is NFS?

Kippixel
10-15-2006, 12:32 PM
I play Super Smash Bros Melee. >_>

Thornwhistle
10-15-2006, 12:40 PM
I wish they remade Dragon Warrior 4 for the Gameboy Advance,that game was great fun.

taranchula
10-15-2006, 12:57 PM
I've heard of Midnight Club 3, but what is NFS?

NFS is short for Need For Speed.

Kzinistzerg
10-15-2006, 03:30 PM
well, i'm playing Vnolg currently... prolly none of teh rest of you are.

HappyFoppy
10-15-2006, 09:52 PM
I am.

Nope. ;)

I'm in to playing Zork (don't shoot me), I played SMB recently (completed in 05:30, woot for me), and I also playED SSBM - our GCN broke - but we now have a N64 to replace that on which I play SM64 and my brother plays Banjo-Kazooie. Also, on GBA I play Super Mario World when bored. (999 lives, 9999990 score - I didn't cheat, I only have my file for 4 years.) Also, I play Polarium on NDS.

WHY NO I'M NOT ADDICTED. :P

scary_dream
10-15-2006, 10:21 PM
I play Super Smash Bros Melee. >_>

Oh yeah, I love/absolutely rock at that game! The only person that can beat me at it is my boyfriend. I mean, I'm sure there's people out there that are better than me, but I've not met them ;) I can't wait for the Wii version to come out.

Currently I've not been playing anything too seriously, but I borrowed my boyfriend's Guitar Hero and am having fun with it. Yeah it's nothing like playing a real guitar, but it's still fun.

I think I'll take a week off from every responsibility I have, though, to melt my mind to Twilight Princess.

SkittleMonkey
10-16-2006, 05:19 PM
I own SSBM myself, and I just started playing multiplayer with my older brother. He kicks my butt everytime..... I haven't unlocked all the characters yet, though. I still need Mr. Game & Watch and some other character I can't remember.

Lately, I have also been playing Dynasty Warriors 4: Extreme Legends on my brother's Playstation 2, and I also enjoy playing (don't laugh) Pokemon Red Rescue Team on my Gameboy Advance. I'm a Psyduck. ^_^;

BlooCheese
10-16-2006, 07:10 PM
When I have time, I play We Love Katamari on my PS2. Love that game! It gets me really dizzy, but I still play it.

taranchula
10-16-2006, 07:35 PM
When I have time, I play We Love Katamari on my PS2. Love that game! It gets me really dizzy, but I still play it.

That is one of the greatest games ever made! If rolling entire cities into your Katamari is so wrong...I don't ever want to be right.

billytheskink
10-16-2006, 08:55 PM
What I'm playing lately...

On the Sega Saturn:
World Series Baseball 98
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Saturn Bomberman

On the Turbo Grafx 16:
Fantasy Zone
TV Sports Football

On the NES Emulator:
Tecmo Super Bowl (various versions that I edited)

scary_dream
10-16-2006, 11:34 PM
AH another game I want to own is Loco Roco! That game has the weirdest soundtrack and it is so cute!

I played a demo of it, and I had a blast.

I am also loving Voodoo Vince.

BlooCheese
10-17-2006, 02:40 PM
That is one of the greatest games ever made! If rolling entire cities into your Katamari is so wrong...I don't ever want to be right.
I wonder what it feels like to get rolled up...

Medikor
10-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Hmmm... Well, I just finished Castlevania Symphony of the Night again and I'm still trying to get everything in Naruto: Clash of Ninja 2. I'm eagerly waiting for December so I can continue my holiday tradition of playing Final Fantasy IX.
I've been playing LOTR: Battle for Middle-Earth II when I'm not doing anything else, and I'm eagerly waiting for the Rise of the Witchking expantion. I'm also waiting for Castlevania Portraite of Ruin on the Nintendo DS. It's going to be an expensive year. I'm really looking forward to Wii and many of it's titles.
I've been thinking of a game to play right now and I've narrowed my choices down to either replaying Final Fantasy VIII or Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. :D

vannielou
10-21-2006, 04:30 AM
ahhhhh where to start?

zelda ocarina of time - which has the most unsatisfying ending in the world
nes SM3 with my sister
kirby air ride
n64 SSB
A Series of Unfortunate Events beware of crabs

over the summer I played and beat all the Harry Potter's, that was fun

I want to play kingdom hearts alas i don't own the systems to do so :'(

taranchula
10-21-2006, 06:59 AM
beware of crabs

I know how to handle crabs, you just have to attack their weakpoint for massive damage.

rukift
10-21-2006, 07:25 AM
Right now I'm playing Taiko Drum Master. It's unbelievable easy but it's so easy to get sucked in, it's just too cute!

taranchula
10-21-2006, 07:33 AM
Right now I'm playing Taiko Drum Master. It's unbelievable easy but it's so easy to get sucked in, it's just too cute!

That game is great, I just love banging away to Jet's "Are You Going To Be My Girl", The Knack's "My Sherona" or "Katamari on The Rocks"

Voxxyn
10-23-2006, 04:07 AM
I'm currently playing my Blockbuster-rented copy of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. I must say, I love fighting it out online!

Nyo
10-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Let's see...

On my Nintendo DS:

Sonic Rush (beat it like 1 month ago; Best StH game in awhile)
Super Princess Peach (don't laugh...-_-; I'm up to Bowser's Villa)
The Sims 2 DS (beat the whole thing 3 months ago)
Mario Kart DS (I <3 it; Beat it like 4 or 5 months ago. I don't have a friend code for WiFi. *cries*)
Animal Crossing: Wild World (Don't have a friend code for this game either. But I still love it anyway)
Nintendogs: Best Friends (Puppies!! It was also a special version of the game if you got the bundle with a Pink/Teal DS)
Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop (don't laugh at me...I like Tama games. Beat the whole thing the day I got the game :o )

CCMars
10-26-2006, 07:19 AM
Currently replaying Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. I love that game to death, but I had forgotten how much I disliked the Elicoor II War arc (between first landing on Elicoor II and Maria's arrival). =/

Amritama
11-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Despite being bombarded with things, I actually am playing a few things at the moment (though it's on a bi-weekly basis if anything). Currently, I'm playing (or replaying):

Animal Crossing (Gamecube) - Addicting, but one of the games I'm keeping a good distance away from.

Banjo Tooie (N64) - Fun, fun game. I'm half-way done.

Kanon (PC) - Yeah, a bishoujo game. How fun, no? I haven't gotten too far yet (I'm on day 2), but I have to admit that the protagonist amuses me.

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (GBC) - It's fun, portable, and Zelda. What's not to like about it?

HappyFoppy
11-05-2006, 02:03 AM
OMG. Banjo-Tooie. T-Rex must hear that - He just finished B-K and is a fan of it.

Nyo: Cool, Wild World player. 'Caught any coelacanths?' xD

I forgot to tell I have a highscore of 1.860.000 on Tetris DS Marathon mode. Level 82.
And I play and make stuff in MegaZeux.

T-Rexotron
11-05-2006, 02:11 AM
Let's see...

On my Nintendo DS:

Mario Kart DS (I <3 it; Beat it like 4 or 5 months ago. I don't have a friend code for WiFi. *cries*)
Animal Crossing: Wild World (Don't have a friend code for this game either. But I still love it anyway)

Oh my, i have both those games, could you send me your friend code in private message, please?

Nyo
11-05-2006, 06:06 AM
I don't have a friend code yet. I have yet to go on WiFi. O_o

taranchula
11-05-2006, 11:12 AM
Right now I am playing "Contact" a very very off beat Role Playing Game for the Nintendo DS.

Chaos Wielder
11-05-2006, 11:48 AM
Wow, it's been a long time since I've played any games (since I'm getting older and having more to do for college I haven't really had as much time to play games anymore, unfortunately. :(). The last few I have PROBABLY played were Zelda: Majora's Mask, SSBM, Jak 3 and Ratchet and Clank: UYA. ;)

CCMars
11-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Ratchet and Clank is a somewhat-guilty pleasure of mine. I've only played the first one (my sister won't let me play her copy of the second game and we don't have the third), but it's one of my favorites.

Thornwhistle
11-05-2006, 05:00 PM
I bought and read the most recent edition of Nintendo Power, It looks like that there will alot of great games for the Nintendo DS,and I'm pleased.

Nathander
11-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Currently playing:

Xenosaga Episode III: Also Spracht Zarathustra
EarthBound
Disgeae 2

Soon to be Playing:

Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy V Advanced
Final Fantasy III DS

fosterman
11-13-2006, 06:12 AM
On the Sega Saturn:
World Series Baseball 98
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Saturn Bomberman

i have a sega saturn to but i only have one game and its sega rally

billytheskink
11-13-2006, 08:00 AM
i have a sega saturn to but i only have one game and its sega rally

I have that one as well. Very good game.

There are many great Saturn games that can be had for cheap, you ought to look into getting some.

CCMars
11-13-2006, 09:34 AM
With Final Fantasy V and VI being re-released for GBA, and III for the DS, what game would you guys want to see restored and re-released? It can be from Sega Genesis, SNES, NES, the original Game Boy, whatever floats your boat. I would kill (not really, but you get the idea) for Illusion of Gaia. I borrowed it from a friend and have been looking for a decently priced copy ever since.

I also wouldn't mind a re-release of the first three Mortal Kombats if there isn't one, and Super Punch-Out.

Howard
11-13-2006, 09:45 AM
I am "old school" - but I do have Playstation and X-box. My favorite games are all from "Oddworld.":frankiesmile:

CCMars
11-13-2006, 09:47 AM
*Hi-fives* I really like (even love) a lot of new games, but the games I own or have borrowed for the SNES and Game Boy will always have a special place in my heart.

taranchula
11-13-2006, 03:55 PM
I picked up "Elite Beat Agents" for the Nintendo DS, a few days ago.

It's a really fun albeit really hard rhythm game, where you have to hit little icons that appear on the touch screen in time with the music.