PDA

View Full Version : Cheese

FostersFriend
08-16-2006, 07:38 AM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n55/FostersFriend/Cheese-1.png
Strange and bizarre Cheese, couldn't get any better. With his strange comments and random catch phrase "I like chocolate milk". Cheese has become very popular among fans of Fosters and hope to see more of him. Cheese has made four appearances so far. Mac daddy,the big cheese,the big Picture and infernal slumber. Many residents at Foster's despise Cheese, who never seems to consider that he doesn't live at Foster's. Cheese's crazy wackyness never stops to ammuse fans.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n55/FostersFriend/FHFIF__Chesse__Horsey_by_LuigiUser.gif

Scribble
08-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Omg I don't suppose I could use that animation in my sig could I? :p

Cheese is so hilarious! Some people are annoyed by him but I just look at him and burst out laughing. And my mum and I are often found exchanging many of his famous catchphrases now. :p

GrimTheLost
08-16-2006, 01:13 PM
How can you dislike Cheese. He's a cowboy and a horse. Not many imaginary friends are so versitile.:D

Cassini90125
08-16-2006, 01:15 PM
He's funny. I just hope he doesn't get overused, as seems to be happening with Goo.

One Radical Dude
08-16-2006, 01:51 PM
I don't see Cheese becoming a regular, but I could be proven wrong. I loved the last episode, even though it wasn't as great as Mac Daddy.

The thing I love about Cheese is the craziness he brings to the show. I also love the voice Candi Milo provides to the character.

So, yesssssss!!!

Sparky
08-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Even if they never use Cheese again (doubtful though!) I think he belongs in this section just because even now, with only...what, three? appearances under his belt, he's become an icon of the show, and Cartoon Network itself.

Even though I wore my Cheese t-shirt to the biggest mall in Sacramento today and nobody said anything to me. :'( Sure people like my GIR messenger bag, but no love for Cheese.

BlooCheese
08-16-2006, 04:18 PM
For shame!

Who can't resist Cheese's wonkiness and stupidity?

One Radical Dude
08-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Actually, he's appeared in four episodes, one was a very brief cameo.

bloonuggets
08-16-2006, 07:22 PM
[In a raspy inhale]Okay.[/In a raspy inhale]

FostersFriend
08-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Cheese is a great character, and never stops to ammuse me. I also find my mom andmyself repeating "I like chocolate milk" 8D

---------------------------------------------

Sure Scribbble use can use it as a sig :)

Imaginary Light
08-17-2006, 08:04 AM
I actually really like Cheese. I just don't want him to get overused and old.
I mean, come on. How can you resist some of those random outbursts?
"I! FOUND! A! CARROT!"

Kippixel
08-17-2006, 04:12 PM
Hmm. I must be the only one who isn't actually impressed with Cheese as a character. He was funny, but his annoying personality couldn't bring me to like him. DD:

Please don't kill me; I love you all. XDD

Mac
08-17-2006, 07:50 PM
He irritated me at first but (much like Bloo) I grew to love him and now I can't get enough of him.

GrimTheLost
08-17-2006, 09:24 PM
You just needed to embrace Cheese's uniqe flavor.

Scribble
08-18-2006, 12:50 AM
You just needed to embrace Cheese's uniqe flavor.

LOL indeed. 8D
I don't see him getting old for me at the moment but I've only seen Mac Daddy so I guess I haven't been overexposed to him yet. Same goes for Goo. I kind of hope they don't use him too much though because I wouldn't want him to get boring. :(

GrimTheLost
08-18-2006, 10:09 AM
LOL indeed. 8D
I don't see him getting old for me at the moment but I've only seen Mac Daddy so I guess I haven't been overexposed to him yet. Same goes for Goo. I kind of hope they don't use him too much though because I wouldn't want him to get boring. :(

When you get a chance to watch "Big Cheese" you will love him more. He is very knowledgable about illnesses.

Kzinistzerg
08-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Yes, be he didn't include mad cow! (did he include rabies? I don't remember)

GrimTheLost
08-18-2006, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I think he did include rabies. That'd be funny," I GOT MAD COW! OINK!"

DoubleLatte
08-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Even if they never use Cheese again (doubtful though!) I think he belongs in this section just because even now, with only...what, three? appearances under his belt, he's become an icon of the show, and Cartoon Network itself.

Even though I wore my Cheese t-shirt to the biggest mall in Sacramento today and nobody said anything to me. :'( Sure people like my GIR messenger bag, but no love for Cheese.

I know some people can't stomach Cheese but I ADORE the little guy.

It's been aages since I've heard anybody mention something related to Invader Zim. Nick has done such a wonderful job of trying to wipe it off the face of the Earth (merchandise aside) that I wonder if people still notice and know what it is. Now that you've brought up GIR, there are so many similiarities between that robotic bundle of cuteness and Cheese. They're both like ADHD tots and their random catch phrases stick on you like glue.

taranchula
08-18-2006, 09:20 PM
I know some people can't stomach Cheese but I ADORE the little guy.

It's been aages since I've heard anybody mention something related to Invader Zim. Nick has done such a wonderful job of trying to wipe it off the face of the Earth (merchandise aside) that I wonder if people still notice and know what it is. Now that you've brought up GIR, there are so many similiarities between that robotic bundle of cuteness and Cheese. They're both like ADHD tots and their random catch phrases stick on you like glue.

Cheese isn't stupid... he's advanced!

(Sorry I couldn't resist.)

DoubleLatte
08-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Cheese isn't stupid... he's advanced!

(Sorry I couldn't resist.)

LOL! Please tell me you did that in Tallest Purple's voice!

taranchula
08-19-2006, 06:06 AM
LOL! Please tell me you did that in Tallest Purple's voice!

Indeed the dulcet tones of one Mr. Kevin McDonald were on my mind when I wrote that, I mean the guy did voice work on two of my favorite animated series ' of all time (Zim and Foster's) what's not to like.

But I digress as this is supposed to a thread about Cheese so I guess should say something Cheese related.... I like some people think that he is the kind of character that is best used in small doses in order to be truly effective, you know a small cameo here and there and maybe a Cheese centric episode "ONCE in a while." But that is just my opinion.

ch3353-h4xx0rrrr
08-19-2006, 06:26 AM
I like Cheese and all, but he REALLY needs to get some really, really, really long catch phrases that no one will remember and won't stand around me in a circle saying "I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK!" or "I LIKE CEEEEEEREAL!" while also saying "C'mon, Katy, I thought you LOOOOVED Foster's!" as I huddled in the fetle position.

But of course, I'D remember his really really really long catch prase and start saying that, and they'd all back off, hang their heads in shame, and leave me alone as I stood up in triumph and took an invisible trophy from an invisible Regis.

vannielou
08-19-2006, 08:02 AM
hahaha^ at invisible regis

I personally LOVED cheese in his first performance, but then his voice sorta changed but I still liked him, but right now i could probably only deal with cheese in small portions. I do admit that I laughed so hard in the psycho scene when he stabs ed "I!FOUND!A!CARROT!"
I wonder if it was herriman's:bloosmirk:

Kzinistzerg
08-19-2006, 09:57 AM
I love that scene too. So brilliant...

DoubleLatte
08-19-2006, 05:10 PM
hahaha^ at invisible regis

I personally LOVED cheese in his first performance, but then his voice sorta changed but I still liked him, but right now i could probably only deal with cheese in small portions. I do admit that I laughed so hard in the psycho scene when he stabs ed "I!FOUND!A!CARROT!"
I wonder if it was herriman's:bloosmirk:

That part killed me too! Yeah, that carrot could have very well been one from Mr. Harriman's hidden stash.

Sims Katie
08-19-2006, 08:06 PM
I do admit that I laughed so hard in the psycho scene when he stabs ed "I!FOUND!A!CARROT!"
I was cracking up when I saw that xD

I love Cheese (food or othewise). My friend Cristina is convinced he's actually a lot smarter than people think, "gifted idiot" like Clam from Lazlo (Oblivion!), but... err, I'm not seeing it 8D

Cheese Fan
08-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Which episodes has he been in?
I only know of 2, but someone said that he was in 4.

cf

Cassini90125
08-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Which episodes has he been in?
I only know of 2, but someone said that he was in 4.

Mac Daddy
Sqeeze The Day (for about 2 seconds)
Infernal Slumber
The Big Cheese

:)

Kzinistzerg
08-20-2006, 03:27 PM
He was in Sqeeze the Day? He was in Big Picture, though. For about a second.

Cassini90125
08-20-2006, 03:36 PM
I may have mixed up the titles; wouldn't be the first time. :P

Fomalhaut
08-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Okay, don't flame me please, but: I don't know what people see in Cheese. Ok, at the beginning he was fun and all, but shortly after he became so annoying that I simply couldn't laugh any more at him. Sorry, but I DISLIKE HIM WITH GREAT INTENSITY!!!

lucyrocks73
08-23-2006, 10:28 AM
Okay, being a Goo fan and all, I have an INSANE amount of tolerance for annoying characters.

Short little scenes are okay, but they get obnoxious (the Big Cheese was FULL of them...). Mac Daddy was great, though. Also, the short little thing in The Big Picture was good, too.

I'm just saying that like Goo, Cheese is really only good when used in the ocasional large dose that is specific to the plot.*

*Although the Big Cheese kind of got on my nerves...

I love Cheese and all... but he annoys the CRAP out of me...

-Marty 8-)

buyamerican159
08-23-2006, 10:30 AM
I really do understand where you all are coming from. He can get incredibly annoying, but i love him.

Nyo
08-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Cheese kicks butt. Simple, and to the point. 8-)

bloonuggets
08-23-2006, 09:58 PM
As I pointed out in the old threads, wouldn't it have been funnier if Eduardo called Cheese "Senor Queso"?

InsaneFan
08-24-2006, 11:05 AM
One of the best things about Cheese(IMO) is that sucking in of breath he does. Me and my Mom and sisters do it all the time when we talk.

We rented Psycho and watched it yesterday, and my sisters wanted to watch it too. Unfortunately for me, I had to take a shower after....Not the best idea.

*Lalala...Takin' a shower...*
*curtain slides back a bit and a hand stabs me with a paper carrot* I! FOUND! A! CARROT!

What made it more funny was that for my birthday party, we had a game called "Crime After Crime", where paper carrots were hidden around the house. We found all but one, which seemed to be lost to the house forever...Until that fateful shower...*PAPER CARROT'D*

GrimTheLost
08-24-2006, 02:31 PM
One of the best things about Cheese(IMO) is that sucking in of breath he does. Me and my Mom and sisters do it all the time when we talk.

We rented Psycho and watched it yesterday, and my sisters wanted to watch it too. Unfortunately for me, I had to take a shower after....Not the best idea.

*curtain slides back a bit and a hand stabs me with a paper carrot* I! FOUND! A! CARROT!

What made it more funny was that for my birthday party, we had a game called "Crime After Crime", where paper carrots were hidden around the house. We found all but one, which seemed to be lost to the house forever...Until that fateful shower...*PAPER CARROT'D*

That sounds like a fun game to play.

Cassini90125
08-24-2006, 02:35 PM

Hahaha, that was a good one! 8D

billytheskink
08-24-2006, 06:58 PM
As I pointed out in the old threads, wouldn't it have been funnier if Eduardo called Cheese "Senor Queso"?
It would have.

DoubleLatte
08-25-2006, 02:22 AM
*Although the Big Cheese kind of got on my nerves...

-Marty 8-)

Eh. You're not alone. I think I said this once before, but I seriously think TBC is good for one view only..
Cheese is great though. :3

bloonuggets
08-25-2006, 04:34 AM
I have ringworm. I have dermatitis. I have acne. I have scurvy.

You get the picture.

Voxxyn
08-26-2006, 09:13 AM
I hate cheese. The food, that is. I'm HIGHLY lactose intolerant.

Cheese, the Foster's character... he was great in his debut, but even then I could tell that all future appearances should've been occassional cameos at most. With all due respect, we don't like him for having a good personality ALONG with being funny, like all of the regular characters. He's just a one-time gag masquerading as a one-dimensional character, that just happened to be very clever and successful.

All "The Big Cheese" did for me was to knock my esteem of him from "funny" down to "ok", because it completely overplayed him(And also because of the stress he caused my favorite character :frankiemad:) If he makes any more appearances with the quality of TBC, well... I won't say it...

scary_dream
09-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Yeah I agree that he should have been sort of a one-time gag or at least just show up on occasion. I don't want them to over-use him, because when used sparingly, he CAN be really funny. I don't want to be desensitized to him.

Although I'll admit that I laughed a LOT whenever they showed the credits of TBC... unfortunately that was (close to) the only time I really laughed in that episode.

Emma
09-03-2006, 01:24 AM
I also have a few problems with Cheese making too many appearances. 'Mac Daddy' was fantastic, and I still think that's true. But nowadays, whenever Cheese shows up, I just find myself rolling my eyes and waiting for him to go away. Or, in the case of TBC, waiting desperately for another character to start talking.

I just wish Team Foster's would just let Cheese fade away with some dignity (although I feel there's probably a lot of pressure from CN to put more Cheese in, considering how much he's been used for marketing purposes). His one liners can be funny but, as I've said before, the truly funny thing about Cheese is how others react to him. I think people must have forgotten that while everyone was shouting, "I like cereal!" and decided that Cheese could be funny on his own. ::)

Cassini90125
09-03-2006, 06:10 AM
All I ask is that they tone down his screaming. :P

Thornwhistle
09-03-2006, 08:21 AM
Maybe,they think his screaming is funny.

GrimTheLost
09-03-2006, 10:30 PM
I think he could use his own show. I could see it now. "The Late Show with Cheese". Cheese interviews B list celebrities and tells them his ailments. He will get canned though, due to his inablillities to leave the set and for harassing the guests. Mmmmm-hmmm.

Sims Katie
09-04-2006, 07:28 AM
I think he could use his own show. I could see it now. "The Late Show with Cheese". Cheese interviews B list celebrities and tells them his ailments. He will get canned though, due to his inablillities to leave the set and for harassing the guests. Mmmmm-hmmm.

XD

Actually I'd love to see that! It'd be really funny! 8D

Cell_Phone_guy
09-05-2006, 05:15 PM
I just realized this a couple minutes ago, but Cheese kinda looks like Ed from "Ed, Edd, and Eddy". Anyone else notice it?

Weebalicious
09-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Seriously. Cheese is annoying, stupid, and recurring. That is why I love him so much. He is like a best friend to me. He's cute, funny, silly, and stupid. I love him almost as much as I love GIR from Invader ZIM. I am annoying, so i've heard.
I think I have a special connection to him. And I have been known to imitate him
with a good outcome. You see, HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE ANNOYING AND STUPID, HE HAS BEEN CHOSEN AS THE MUCH NEEDED ULTIMATE COMEDY RELEIF. Invader ZIM will be my example. Yes, he is funny alone, but paired with GIR just makes it even funnier. I think that the people who make Foster's saw an episode of it and thought it to be grand. ZIM and GIR as funny and funnier. so they did something, they created...
THE MASTERPICE WHAT IS CHEESE!

http://images.quizilla.com/R/RY/RYN/Rynelia/1129150795_terscheese.jpg

bloonuggets
09-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Cheese comes from happy cows.

That is all.

Sims Katie
09-06-2006, 08:16 AM
I just realized this a couple minutes ago, but Cheese kinda looks like Ed from "Ed, Edd, and Eddy". Anyone else notice it?

Not really. He looks more like cheese the food :P

Thornwhistle
09-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Cell Phone Guy; Yeah,you're right. I do see the resemblance. :D

InsaneFan
09-06-2006, 04:23 PM
What, 'cause neither of them have a chin?

kageri
09-06-2006, 05:52 PM
We're not getting tired of him because he's annoying and stupid; God knows most of my favorite fictional characters are annoying and/or stupid. We're getting tired of him because, like people endlessly quoting good movie lines, they're ruining a good joke. Pretty soon he will no longer be funny at all.

vannielou
09-06-2006, 06:25 PM
i don't think that cheese looks like ed

but has anyone ever noticed ed, edd, and eddy make an appearance in i think eddie monster/munster? the one with terrence and ed fighting other IF's

bloonuggets
09-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Look what I found...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/NozeNuggets/026group.jpg

Mr. Marshmallow
09-08-2006, 05:11 PM
We're not getting tired of him because he's annoying and stupid; God knows most of my favorite fictional characters are annoying and/or stupid. We're getting tired of him because, like people endlessly quoting good movie lines, they're ruining a good joke. Pretty soon he will no longer be funny at all.

I disagree. I originally thought the same would happen with shows like Family Guy and Robot Chicken, since both of their gags rely heavily on complete insanity and total random crap that just pops out of no where.

Everything Cheese says and does embodied this random behavior, he always acts differently. Even in "The Big Cheese", after singing the key code "song" a few times he eventually changed his way of singing it into that crazy dance at the end.

But I think what will make Cheese remain funny is the use of him. Cheese isn't always the focus, and he's strictly used for comedy so it makes him harder to make the focus anyway. It all depends on the amount of usage for him in the show.

Same goes for Goo, they are not the official main cast, Mac, Bloo, Coco, Eduardo, Wilt, Frankie, and Mr. Herriman are more or less the main cast. We see all of them in the openeing sequence so it pretty much gurantees their stardom.

But Cheese and Goo are just comical newbies that prove to be well liked, which is why the creators said they try to squeeze them in whenever they can. Cheese can stay funny, it's just a matter of how many times they decide to use Cheese.

Matchsticks
09-08-2006, 07:15 PM
I second what Mr. Marshmallow said.

I love Cheese in small doeses, but last night for example, I watched every episode with Cheese in it and I eventually wanted to choke him. But I bet if I watch a Cheese episode a week from now I will probably find him cute.

Sims Katie
09-08-2006, 09:12 PM
Everything Cheese says and does embodied this random behavior, he always acts differently. Even in "The Big Cheese", after singing the key code "song" a few times he eventually changed his way of singing it into that crazy dance at the end.
Yeah, and he ended up singing Baa Baa Black Sheep three different ways too 8D

EDIT:wait, that was Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. My bad :P

Thornwhistle
09-08-2006, 11:10 PM
Sheep? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

lol :D

Mr. Marshmallow
09-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Spoon? AAAAAAHHHHHH

Heh. Great stuff, even when HE sings the songs he gets freaked out and strangely enough gets calmed down by greasy, grimey, golpher guts.

taranchula
09-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Spoon? AAAAAAHHHHHH

Heh. Great stuff, even when HE sings the songs he gets freaked out and strangely enough gets calmed down by greasy, grimey, golpher guts.

Actually it was the fact there was "No Spoon" that freaked him out, which makes the whole bit even funnier, well that and this simple equation Keith Ferguson + Campfire songs = Teh Funny!

Sims Katie
09-10-2006, 07:21 AM
Actually it was the fact there was "No Spoon" that freaked him out, which makes the whole bit even funnier!
Bloo forgot to tell him about the straw 8D

I love Cheese's little songs. Tinkle tinkle in a car, you should really use a jar... keeshh :P

BlooCheese
09-12-2006, 07:21 PM
I love Cheese's little songs. Tinkle tinkle in a car, you should really use a jar... keeshh :P

Oh! That's what he said? That's hilarious. 8D

Sims Katie
09-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Oh! That's what he said? That's hilarious. 8D
I know, I watched it over on tivo until I was able to make out what he was singing 8D Cheese has a potty mouth :P

Kzinistzerg
09-14-2006, 11:41 AM
yea heh really does. Where does he learn this stuff? from Bloo?

Sims Katie
09-15-2006, 02:11 AM
yea heh really does. Where does he learn this stuff? from Bloo?
Lol maybe from Louise 8D

kaytea
09-15-2006, 05:47 AM
I like cheese and I think he is cute
but he is way to OVERRATED D=

taranchula
09-15-2006, 08:46 AM
Lol maybe from Louise 8D

Maybe, even though Louise is never around when Cheese is often causing mayhem... I always imagine conversations between Louise and her Mom to go a little something like this.

Louise's Mom: Honey, where's cheese?

Louise: Aw he was scratching at the door, so I let him outside.

Louise's Mom: Well shouldn't you be with him? You know how much of a handful he can be.

Louise: Nah its okay, he always just goes to that big house on Wilson Way and hangs out there all afternoon.

Louise's Mom: I see. Wait, that doesn't have anything to do with those constant answering machine messages I get from some really cranky lady and some British guy with a college vocabulary.

Louise: Could be, who knows?

Cassini90125
09-15-2006, 08:49 AM
Oh, man, that is so funny! 8D

Sims Katie
09-16-2006, 08:28 AM
My cousin Trinity, who's 5, LOVES Cheese. She says to tell you her family loves Cheese too 8D So does her sister, who's 7. He's very popular here.

Kzinistzerg
09-16-2006, 01:05 PM
My friend LOES cheese. So i drew her a little picture of cheese with a glass of chocolate milk, and she taped it to her forehead.

Cassini90125
09-16-2006, 06:08 PM
My friend LOES cheese. So i drew her a little picture of cheese with a glass of chocolate milk, and she taped it to her forehead.

I suspect Cheese would do that, too. :)

Kzinistzerg
09-16-2006, 06:45 PM
I dont think cheese technically has a forehead

Cell_Phone_guy
09-19-2006, 08:43 AM
Maybe, even though Louise is never around when Cheese is often causing mayhem... I always imagine conversations between Louise and her Mom to go a little something like this.

Louise's Mom: Honey, where's cheese?

Louise: Aw he was scratching at the door, so I let him outside.

Louise's Mom: Well shouldn't you be with him? You know how much of a handful he can be.

Louise: Nah its okay, he always just goes to that big house on Wilson Way and hangs out there all afternoon.

Louise's Mom: I see. Wait, that doesn't have anything to do with those constant answering machine messages I get from some really cranky lady and some British guy with a college vocabulary.

Louise: Could be, who knows?

That's great, though I wonder if the people at Foster's even know Louise's phone number. I'm not sure if Mac even knows it.

I'm pretty sure Mac found Louise purely by chance in Mac Daddy. This is what I think happened.

(Mac is heading to Foster's after school. He sees Louise looking around)

Mac: Excuse me, what are you looking for?

Louise: I'm looking for my friend Cheese. He got out yesterday morning, and I haven't seen him since.

Mac: Is he yellow, about this high (makes gester with his hands), and says that he likes chocolate milk?

Louise: That's him!

Mac: So you created him, I thought I did when I woke up yesterday morning, and he was in my bed and he said "Daddy" to me.

Louise: He gets out sometimes. You know where he is?

Mac: I do! Come on, I'll take you there right now.

(Mac and Louise head to Foster's. When they get there, Mac tells Louise to wait by the door while he goes to find CHeese and Bloo)

Mac: Bloo, where's Cheese?

hottoepicker
09-20-2006, 12:47 PM
...i pooted...

i luv cheese. everytime i watch an episode with him in it i laugh sooooooooo hard...cheese is the best.

Invader Bloo
09-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Actually the song he sang was "Put a pickle in a car get relish in a jar!" I watched it with captions. He's my favorite character, him & Bloo. I hope/have a feeling he'll be in more episodes. Maybe every five episodes or something like that.

donna323
10-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Hey, guys ... several messages ago somebody commented on the way Cheese sucks his own mouth before he speaks. I think he does that because his kid, Louise, has braces. If you've had braces (I have) you'll understand that spit totally accumulates all over them, and before you can talk, sometimes you have to suck it out of the way. It's gross.

So ... Cheese talks that way because his girl, Louise, does. And you know how much they adore one another. :cheese:

Also ... I think Cheese is more autistic, truly. A savant. And if anyone out there has an austic person in their lives, accept my apology up front. I don't mean to be insentive. Think about it. Cheese wouldn't think twice about putting himself in a clothes dryer, but he's afraid of things like sheep or video games (he's often seen screaming for no particular reason). How else could he have automatically memorized the button tones to the security code?

He's brilliant ... special ... but brilliant.

~D~
http://static.flickr.com/58/220632280_1b2f21ac8c_m.jpg

Invader Bloo
10-01-2006, 12:34 PM
Ohhh man do I want that shirt. I may get the "Pooted" one though.

Voxxyn
10-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Donna323,

As somebody with Asperger's Syndrome--considered by some to be a very mild form of autism--I'd appreciate it if you edited out "idiot savant" from your post. The rest of your post is ok, but I find that particular term to be EXTREMELY offensive and defamatory.

But I agree that Cheese has shown some very autistic traits. In fact, he reminds me a lot of Dustin Hoffman's lead role in Rain Man.

Cheese
10-07-2006, 03:50 PM
I am pretty cool aren't I? If you think so say yes. If you think i am uncool (which i hope not) then say no. If you say yes then I will give you some of my precious chocolate milk NOT!!! But i still hope you say yes.

Invader Bloo
10-07-2006, 05:07 PM
::) Your'e not Cheese............................................ ............................................. Cheese is an idiot. You are a poser. No offense.

donna323
10-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks for pointing this out, Voxxyn ... I've edited my message. I apologize for offending you.

Cheese
10-08-2006, 04:20 AM
lol i know im not the real cheese but i have his name lol and i do like chocolate milk and cerial

Sims Katie
10-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Actually the song he sang was "Put a pickle in a car get relish in a jar!" I watched it with captions. He's my favorite character, him & Bloo. I hope/have a feeling he'll be in more episodes. Maybe every five episodes or something like that.
Oh pish. I like mine better, so that's the one I'm sticking with :p

bigdog
10-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Cheese man... Cheese.

Cheese is the definition of comic relief.

Cheese Freak!
10-12-2006, 01:16 PM
lol i know im not the real cheese but i have his name lol and i do like chocolate milk and cerial

actually, cheese is lactose intolerant and just refers to about any drink he wants as chocolate milk... I'm just saying. I love the face he makes whaen he drinks out of straws. hggggggh, okay.

anyway, cheese is great! i love when he has the horse running up the sides of mac and bloo. "budadup, budadup, budadup. peeuwgh eeuwgh ouwghh ouwghh!"

GrimTheLost
10-12-2006, 04:40 PM
His face is funny when using a straw, but him and the rock is better.

Invader Bloo
10-12-2006, 04:42 PM
The carrot scene was my all-time favorite Cheese scene & Eduardo.

taranchula
10-12-2006, 06:19 PM
The carrot scene was my all-time favorite Cheese scene & Eduardo.

The topper on that scene was Ed's facial expressions reacting to Cheese's Norman Bates impression, at first it was a look of fear but then it turned into a look of mild discomfort and then to a look of sheer annoyance complete with the roll of the eyes. Now that's comedy! 8D

Cheese Freak!
10-12-2006, 06:33 PM
yeah, i like all of those ones, too. my desktop background is a picture of him holding the carrot up with the evil face. it looked wierd but funny when he was spitting the carrot out.

abrarissokool
10-14-2006, 05:09 AM
i love cheese and chocolate milk!

Invader Bloo
10-14-2006, 08:18 AM
The topper on that scene was Ed's facial expressions reacting to Cheese's Norman Bates impression, at first it was a look of fear but then it turned into a look of mild discomfort and then to a look of sheer annoyance complete with the roll of the eyes. Now that's comedy! 8D I loved Ed's stingy song- Ow,ow,ow,ow,ow,ow,stingy,stingy,sing!8D
Cheese's was "I-FOUND-A-CARROT!":cheese:

bloonuggets
11-05-2006, 10:20 PM
*breathes in rasply* Okay.

Howard
11-09-2006, 08:56 AM
"I'm a HORSIE!"

gircheese
11-10-2006, 07:17 PM
:cheesegrin: :cheesegrin: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheesegrin: :cheesegrin: :cheesegrin: i like cheese and :cheesegrin: :cheese: :cheesegrin: :cheese: i'm a horsey:cheesegrin:

Sparky
11-10-2006, 07:25 PM
-_- This is a discussion thread guys. Please only do character impersonations if you also have something to contribute to the discussion? That would be nice.

Invader Bloo
11-10-2006, 08:33 PM
I wonder if Cheese will have a quick cameo appearance in "GWH"like in "TBP". That moment was the funniest in "TBP".8D I can take Cheese like that in quick cameo apppearances, but if tehy keep spitting 30 minute episodes like he's Bloo, Mac, or Frankie,Wilt,Herriman,Coco & ed (all of which don't have many anyway) I may get sick of him.

Howard
11-10-2006, 10:14 PM
-_- This is a discussion thread guys. Please only do character impersonations if you also have something to contribute to the discussion? That would be nice.

Apologies - I forgot to include that I enjoy Cheese's "horsie" routine (I was at work when I typed this) Sorry...:cheesegrin:

DGenerationX
11-12-2006, 09:25 AM
i like anything he says, but especially i like chocolate milk!

wikenheise
11-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Does anybody have pictures of Cheese if you do can you please send them to me? :)

Howard
11-14-2006, 08:56 AM
The thing with Cheese is he reminds me of - ME (when I was a kid). I was always the one that said "do it again," I like chocolate milk (but to Cheese, that is any beverage - since he is alergic), and I used to make weird noises and drive my friends and my mother crazy!:cheese:

Invader Bloo
11-14-2006, 01:35 PM
Does anybody have pictures of Cheese if you do can you please send them to me? :)

On the main page go click the screencaps & pick any of these Cheese episodes, "Mac Daddy", the original episode, "The Big Picture", the Chocolate milk river cameo, "Infernal Slumber", the sleepover episode, or "The Big Cheese" the latest Cheese episode.

Sumshine 904
11-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Cheese: Bunnies!
Bloo: Hot rod flames!
Cheese: Bunnies!
Bloo: HOT ROD FLAMES!
*short pause*
Cheese: *whispering* Bunnies...

Howard
11-24-2006, 12:49 PM
I like the end of "Big Cheese" when Cheese is telling the reporter all his different maladies - "I have scurvy...I have athlete's foot...I have a tapeworm..." etc, etc.:cheese: :frankiesmile:

Cassini90125
11-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Yeah, that was the funniest part. :cheesegrin:

Invader Bloo
11-24-2006, 04:20 PM
"I...FOUND...A....CARROT!" is better, IMHO. But those are still great lines.

Honeymaid
11-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Donna323,

As somebody with Asperger's Syndrome--considered by some to be a very mild form of autism--I'd appreciate it if you edited out "idiot savant" from your post. The rest of your post is ok, but I find that particular term to be EXTREMELY offensive and defamatory.

But I agree that Cheese has shown some very autistic traits. In fact, he reminds me a lot of Dustin Hoffman's lead role in Rain Man.

As someone else with Asperger's Syndrome, I think you are being far too sensitive about this. It is quite obvious that by idiot savant she did not mean High Functioning autism, as Aspergers is, but someyhing lesser. I for one don't care; Idiot Savant is a word and censorship is ridiculous.

Voxxyn
11-26-2006, 03:23 PM
I know it wasn't directed to the Asperger "type" of autism, but I still found it VERY offensive. "Idiot savant" has been a derogatory term with which to classify autistic people, which was greatly fueled by the 1988 film Rain Man. I thought it was a wonderful film... but it also basically spread the stereotype that ALL autistic people were exactly like Dustin Hoffman's portrayal of Raymond Babbit--which is NOT the truth.

I'll be honest with everybody. Autism/Asperger's in general is a very delicate issue to me. I'm part of the "autistic spectrum", I know what it's like to be misunderstood, picked on and bullied by my school peers, and I do not appreciate the continued ignorance and negativity that surrounds autism. ESPECIALLY the continued confusing of Asperger's with the Rain Man stereotype. Someone on the ToonZone forums suggested that Cheese was based on children with Asperger's, which prompted a very angry response from me.

I'm sorry for going so off-topic, but I had to say that. I don't want to discuss this anymore.

Back to Cheese: for his next appearance, I hope he's tagged up with someone who, unlike Frankie, actually deserves to be annoyed and driven mad. Duchess and/or Terrance would be nice. I still stand by my idea of Terrance having to babysit that adorable bundle of yellow annoyance. :cheese:

Mr. Marshmallow
11-26-2006, 03:59 PM
Duchess and/or Terrance would be nice. I still stand by my idea of Terrance having to babysit that adorable bundle of yellow annoyance. :cheese:

Actually that would be a great episode. Maybe have Terrance have to babysit Bloo and Cheese and see how long it takes him to go insane ;D.

some guy you dont know
11-26-2006, 04:15 PM
I still stand by my idea of Terrance having to babysit that adorable bundle of yellow annoyance. :cheese:

id like to see that myself

Sparky
11-26-2006, 04:23 PM
That was an episode idea I suggested a looong time ago, actually. :terrsmile: So obviously I too would like to see it.

Cheez_Rulez
12-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Cheese Rocks

Cell_Phone_guy
12-03-2006, 10:20 AM
:cheesegrin: In the next episode with Cheese, they should also include Louise. She's mentioned in the last two episodes, but not shown.

As for the next episode with Cheese, I'd like to see what would happen if Cheese met the man in the cell phone suit and/or red.

Here's something I thought of. Do you think that Cheese sometimes calls someone up at random and says some of his famous catch phrases, kind of like this.

(At someone's house in Holland, the phone rings.)

Person: Hello?

Cheese: I like chocolate milk.

X-Cheese-fangirl-x
12-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Cheese is my little brother! Along with GIR of Invader ZIM. I looove having cute but dumb little brothers!!

Cassini90125
12-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Here's something I thought of. Do you think that Cheese sometimes calls someone up at random and says some of his famous catch phrases, kind of like this.

(At someone's house in Holland, the phone rings.)

Person: Hello?

Cheese: I like chocolate milk.

I doubt he'd have the brains to do it, but it's a very funny idea. :bloocross:

Nathander
12-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Actually, I think Cheese is more than capable of doing something like that, as it would really only require him to pick up a phone, press numbers randomly, and then say something if someone else answers. It seems, actually, like something he would do quite often.

Invader Bloo
12-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Another one:
Ring!
Guy: Hello?
Cheese: Potatoes taste like flowers!
Guy: Stop calling me!
5 minutes later...
Cheese: I LIKE CEREAL!
Guy: I'm calling the cops
Cheese: I'm uh cop *starts making shooting sounds*
Guy hangs up
:cheese:

I really see him doing that.

some guy you dont know
12-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Another one:
Ring!
Cheese: Potatoes taste like flowers!
Guy: Stop calling me!
5 minutes later...
Cheese: I LIKE CEREAL!
Guy: I'm calling the cops
Cheese: I'm uh cop *starts making shooting sounds*
Guy hangs up

I really see him doing that.

i can see that happening

Cell_Phone_guy
12-04-2006, 10:15 AM
I bet Louise's family's phone bill is interesting to say the least! ;) :cheese:

Howard
12-08-2006, 07:21 AM
I wonder what it would be like to take Cheese to a restaraunt for dinner. Would he be quiet? Would he be polite? Or would he go into his obnoxious "horsie" routine?:cheese:

Cassini90125
12-08-2006, 08:14 AM
Would he order chocolate milk? :cheesegrin:

Howard
12-08-2006, 09:49 AM

Good point! Unless someone knows he is lactose intolerant.:frankiesmile:

Thornwhistle
12-08-2006, 02:46 PM
I have the feeling that if Cheese was taken to any restaurant,he'd probably wind up causing a big mess.

Cheese Freak!
12-09-2006, 07:22 PM
I wonder what it would be like to take Cheese to a restaraunt for dinner. Would he be quiet? Would he be polite? Or would he go into his obnoxious "horsie" routine?:cheese:

Man, I would love that!
I could see everybody staring at cheese going:

buddadump, buddadump, budda- pohwwwohwwohwwohww! buddudump,bump, bump. bwhaeeeeeeheeeheeeheeee!

...yeah... that's pretty great...

One Radical Dude
12-09-2006, 09:11 PM

Yesssssssssss!!!!!!!!! :cheese:

Mr. Marshmallow
12-10-2006, 11:02 AM
Cheese at the dinner would be like taking Beavis and Butthead to a poetry recital: your just asking for trouble. It's hard to tell what Cheese actually wants since his logic is totally backwards and he never seems to make much sense.

He asks for things he knows he can't have and all we know he likes is carrots (he ends up using em alot) or of course "I like cereal". Wish I could find that Cartoon Network commercial with Cheese going "ba dump ba dump, ba dump".

It's got this cool montage like msuic number with that scene, Gym partner's a monkey going "gotta go" and Bloo from "Bloo did it" going "look at me dancing around". :jk: I don't know why but I loved that ad alot, it was just so catchy.

Invader Bloo
12-10-2006, 12:02 PM
I really don't see Cheese as lactose intolerent he probally told Mac that like one of the diseases he told the News Lady & Frankie.
Cheese at a Restruant (In my Foster's world where he's living at Foster's now):
Waiter: What do you want little boy?
Cheese: I like cereal!
Waiter: Sorry, we don't server that after breakfast
Cheese: Awwwwwwwww.... I like burgers!
Waiter: Sides?
Cheese: I like potatoes
Waiter: Drink?
Cheese: I like Chocolate milk
Waiter: Ok, thank you alot your food will be ready in 2 hours
Later....
Cheese: I'm a cowboy! Bang,BAng!,BANG!
Bloo: Stop it!
Cheese: Bang!....OOH! Sppons! *Starts sucking spoon*
Spoon tastes like grass
Bloo: Ugh...sick
Eduardo: Ooh! You is getting the potatoe too Sr. Cheese?
Cheese glares evily
Cheese: NAPKIIIIINS!
Throws napkins at Ed
Frankie sighs
Now that would be a great episode.

Mr. Marshmallow
12-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Mac seemed pretty sure he couldn't take dairy. Plus, Cheese doesn't even really KNOW what chocolate milk is. Wilt gave him some in "Slumber" and yet he pointed at Coco's strawberry smoothie and still called it chocolate milk.

I also don't think that disease list Cheese gave at the end of the credits was used for anything else other then being funny. I doubt he even knows what half of those things are, let alone if he actually has them.

some guy you dont know
12-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Mac seemed pretty sure he couldn't take dairy. Plus, Cheese doesn't even really KNOW what chocolate milk is. Wilt gave him some in "Slumber" and yet he pointed at Coco's strawberry smoothie and still called it chocolate milk.

i just thought of something, has anyone else noticed that hes apperantly lactosentolerent(or however you spell that) and his name is cheese? a product made from dairy?

Cassini90125
12-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Huh, good point. Maybe Louise is lactose-intolerant, too, and created Cheese while wishing she could have cheese.

Mr. Marshmallow
12-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Now that's what I call irony.

Actually, Cheese's "hissing" sound sounds alot like when someone is talking with braces on. Which Louise of course has.

Maybe that's another reason the way Cheese acts the way he does. But his retarded demeanor still begs the question: WHY the hell did she make him that way?

BlooCheese
12-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Perhaps...

Louise went to the dentist to get her braces. The dentists decided to use laughing gas on her. A few minutes after the operation, Louise, not thinking properly and still delirious from the effects of the laughing gas, created Cheese.

The end.

Cassini90125
12-10-2006, 07:57 PM
Perhaps...

Louise went to the dentist to get her braces. The dentists decided to use laughing gas on her. A few minutes after the operation, Louise, not thinking properly and still delirious from the effects of the laughing gas, created Cheese.

The end.

LOL! That was perfect, and it explains everything! 8D

Mr. Marshmallow
12-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Perhaps...

The end.

Uhhhhhh not sure what to say to that.

kageri
12-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Maybe that's another reason the way Cheese acts the way he does. But his retarded demeanor still begs the question: WHY the hell did she make him that way?

For the same reason Mac created an imaginary friend that kicks people and doesn't flush the toilet... actually, wait, I don't know.

Cassini90125
12-10-2006, 08:14 PM
There's actually a larger question here; in the creation process, do you get the IF you want, or the IF you need? I think they touched on that in GWH.

BabyElephant
12-10-2006, 09:38 PM
There's actually a larger question here; in the creation process, do you get the IF you want, or the IF you need? I think they touched on that in GWH.

Of course, that just brings up the larger question of why would Louise need a loud, babbling idiot with an IQ not much bigger than his shoe size (if he wore shoes)...still, though, I love Cheese. :cheesegrin:

BlooCheese
12-11-2006, 02:34 PM

Or is it that the IF you want is also the IF you need? True desires can sometimes be more than petty, trivial wants. They can be longings for things we lack in our lives.

Cheese Freak!
12-16-2006, 08:24 PM
i just thought of something, has anyone else noticed that hes apperantly lactosentolerent(or however you spell that) and his name is cheese? a product made from dairy?

thank you, captain obvious.:jk: (j/k)

besides, cheese represents thoughtlessness. you are putting TOO MUCH thought into this. not to be mean, or anything but you just need to let cheese happen, you know? just let him flow. he doesn't think, but why think for him? in my eyes, cheese is brilliant and i see no flaws in him at all.

Howard
12-19-2006, 07:52 AM
thank you, captain obvious.:jk: (j/k)

besides, cheese represents thoughtlessness. you are putting TOO MUCH thought into this. not to be mean, or anything but you just need to let cheese happen, you know? just let him flow. he doesn't think, but why think for him? in my eyes, cheese is brilliant and i see no flaws in him at all.

I think Cheese is brilliant! I said before he reminds me so much of ME (when I was a kid)! He is just Cheese - great post, and I concur!:cheese: :frankiesmile:

Invader Bloo
12-29-2006, 09:44 PM
I don't beleive Cheese is lactose intolerent, the reason Mac probally knew was him listing a bunch of random diseases like in "Big Cheese" & then Mac thought Cheese really was lactose intolerent. I think I've said that soemwhere....oh well.

Frankie Fan
01-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Cheese is such a random character. I love the way he's so random! You never know what he'll yell out or do next!

If you were Cheese, what random things would you yell out or do during the day?

WiltFan
01-03-2007, 03:18 PM
hm...I tend to act like Cheese a lot. I always yell out "I like chocolate milk" or "I like cereal". And then somedays when I just feel like being annoying, i'll sneak up behind one of my parents with a carrot and do the whole "I FOUND A CARROT!!". :cheese: I actually scared them once. xD

Cheese Freak!
01-03-2007, 06:34 PM
hm...I tend to act like Cheese a lot. I always yell out "I like chocolate milk" or "I like cereal". And then somedays when I just feel like being annoying, i'll sneak up behind one of my parents with a carrot and do the whole "I FOUND A CARROT!!". :cheese: I actually scared them once. xD

cool. i'm still trying to figure out how to stand like him! the way his belly or butt or whatever sticks out, and that whole talking with his head split in half thing.(like when he yells)

bob the poo1
01-16-2007, 07:08 AM
I like chocolate miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllk.
(who doesn't?):cheese: :cheesegrin: :cheese: :cheesegrin:

Howard
01-16-2007, 08:41 AM
One of my favorite Cheese clips is where he is dressed in drag, and he says: "Ha ha pretty Cheese! I'm pretty!":cheese:

megatron01
01-18-2007, 01:32 PM
I hate to be mean, but I find Cheese overated, but however the weirdest thing is I can do a good impression of him! It's not flawless, but it is a pretty good impression.:cheese:

:cheese: - "I'm a lady!"
Cheese smooches Bloo
:cheese:- "Now we're brother ladies!"

I'll be honest with everybody. Autism/Asperger's in general is a very delicate issue to me. I'm part of the "autistic spectrum", I know what it's like to be misunderstood, picked on and bullied by my school peers, and I do not appreciate the continued ignorance and negativity that surrounds autism. ESPECIALLY the continued confusing of Asperger's with the Rain Man stereotype. Someone on the ToonZone forums suggested that Cheese was based on children with Asperger's, which prompted a very angry response from me.
tereotype that ALL autistic people were exactly like Dustin Hoffman's portrayal of Raymond Babbit--which is NOT the truth.

WHAT! Cheese is based on people like me? People with Asperger's Syndrome? I have that and I am very intelligent, and that makes me very angry!!!! :frankiemad: I hope I don't offend anyone!!!

Somebody edited this for me.. I'm sorry, I forgot!

Sparky
01-18-2007, 04:56 PM
WHAT! Cheese is based on people like me? People with Asperger's Syndrome? I have that and I am very intelligent, and that makes me very angry!!!! :frankiemad: I hope I don't offend anyone!!!

Re-read what Voxxyn said. He said that some people on TV.com suggested that Cheese might have been based on people with autism. Not that it's a FACT. So don't freak out. :jk: Lauren Faust said he's just based on the way she's seen some young kids act, or something like that.

fosters home fan
01-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Re-read what Voxxyn said. He said that some people on TV.com suggested that Cheese might have been based on people with autism. Not that it's a FACT. So don't freak out. :jk: Lauren Faust said he's just based on the way she's seen some young kids act, or something like that.

To be precise:herriman: cheese(and possibly louise) are just supposed to be weird(which they do sucessfly):cheesegrin:

Cheese Freak!
01-28-2007, 06:07 PM
I hate to be mean, but I find Cheese overated, but however the weirdest thing is I can do a good impression of him! It's not flawless, but it is a pretty good impression.:cheese:

:cheese: - "I'm a lady!"
Cheese smooches Bloo
:cheese:- "Now we're brother ladies!"

Somebody edited this for me.. I'm sorry, I forgot!

well, actually, if you re watch "The Big Cheese," you'll probably notice that cheese seems to be quite smart if he could memorize the code and everything

Cell_Phone_guy
01-28-2007, 06:32 PM
I wonder if Louise and/or her parents saw the News special on Foster's (from The Big Cheese). If so, I wonder how they reacted. Then again, CHeese did get out after and visit Foster's right after Frankie got the new alarm system installed.

koosie
01-31-2007, 02:27 PM
I wonder if Louise and/or her parents saw the News special on Foster's (from The Big Cheese). If so, I wonder how they reacted. Then again, CHeese did get out after and visit Foster's right after Frankie got the new alarm system installed.

Either the whole affair passed them by or they were pleased to have him out of the house. You wouldn't want to watch Star Trek with him. Beep-Boooop Beeeep-Beeep-Boooop etc:cheesegrin:

Chees027
04-12-2007, 08:06 PM
I definetly can believe that Cheese is based on watching little kids. I was 10 when my sister was born and when she was little she would go around saying random things that usually didnt make sense. And they ALWAYS tell you when they pooted.

Cheese is just a fun character thrown in to make life at Foster's more interesting.:cheese:

BlooDaddy
04-12-2007, 08:17 PM
I LIKE CEREAL! LMAO! :cheesegrin:

haytayb
05-31-2007, 01:07 PM
I love Cheese. I think that he is the funniest character I have ever seen and he is so cute. My youngest loves him! Teri

Ub3rD4n
06-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Okay, so I'm new to this thread. I read through it a while ago when I was reading through the whole forum, but quickly lost interest after seeing the amount of pages and that they were mostly "I like cereal.". Entertaining, but not a complete statement on its own. Of course, I should have had more faith, as I now see that people are writing some intelligent stuff here.

I don't see how you guys can not see why Louise would make Cheese. I mean, half the forum LOVES him. She made him because he was her idea of an entertaining friend. She's only, like, five.

Anyhow, that's my opinion on the subject.

And my obligatory Cheese quote: "Doooooo iiiiit!"

bloocheese94
06-03-2007, 05:08 AM
Who doesnt like cheese? He is funny, random and dumb. With that combo, how could you not be loved??:cheese:

haytayb
07-20-2007, 08:34 PM
:cheese: Cheese Rocks! We love him!

Lynnie
07-22-2007, 01:53 PM
For the most part, I like Cheese, too. He's funny and random, like a toddler with a short attention span. You can't really take your eyes off him because you know that in the blinking of an eye he's going to do something totally unexpected.

However, I can understand those who don't like him too much. He annoyed me in "The Big Cheese", and his screems were giving me a headache. And I've just never been fond of seeing everyone having a bad day. Even when the cause of that "bad day" is completely oblivious to how much trouble they're causing for everyone else. I did however love the end credits when he's telling the news ancor lady of all the ailments he has (ringworm, gingivitis, mange, tonsilitis, athletes foot, etc). LOL!! 8D I also liked his version of "Twinkle, twinkle Little Star", and sometimes sing it to myself. "Twinkle twinkle little cord, you should really use the door. Yay!!" And doesn't he also sing something about a cat? :cheesegrin: I haven't seen that eppie in a while.

As for "Cheese a Go-Go", I'm among those who not only was saddened to see Frankie living through her worst day yet, but thought that it was just a strange episode. Cheese was not only annoying, but totally pointless in it. But I can't say I dislike him in the least. I LOVE "Mac Daddy", and I also liked him in "Infernal Slumber". It seems that his character, IMPO, is just getting more annoying. I wouldn't mind if he makes more appearances, but I just hope he's more like he was in the first few episodes he was in, not the last few.

*Cool, this is my 100th post!*

Little Baby IceCream
07-23-2007, 11:44 AM
I like Cheese!

He annoyed me with all his screaming in The Big Cheese. However, I liked how he reacted to the "game" Frankie played with him. I also liked at the end, during the credits when he told the nes anchor everything he had (ringworm and tonsilits were my favorite)!

Mac Daddy has to be my favorite episode Cheese is in. I liked all his sayings that made no sense! I also liked how hee stuck his tongue out at Bloo when Mac told him to give Cheese the drill. No comment on Cheese a Go-Go.

OT: I just finished making an avatar for Cheese :cheese:!

Little Baby IceCream :cheese:

cartman414
07-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Cheese is simply demented. But, as I was answered by Craig earlier today, he isn't actually an alien. He's just a complete nutbar. A very amusing one, though. He's practically Edward Wong from Cowboy Bebop on acid, if without the tech savvy. Only thing is that you can only have so much of him and his antics at a given time, otherwise everything and everyone else gets overshadowed. He's a scenery chewer, and in the Foster's house/universe, that's no mean feat. I'm not saying this to harsh on Cheese himself, though. I do enjoy his randomness quite a bit, at least as far as his spouting random gibberish goes. With that in mind, I wonder how "Setting a President" would have went with him as one of the candidates. (He wouldn't technically be able to run due to him being a non-resident of Foster's.)

Cassini90125
07-28-2007, 09:22 PM
I wonder how "Setting a President" would have went with him as one of the candidates.

Frankie would have lost a few votes and still won the election by an enormous, crushing landslide. :frankiesmile:

cartman414
07-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Frankie would have lost a few votes and still won the election by an enormous, crushing landslide. :frankiesmile:

True. But it would be worth it for the crazy soundbites alone.

macfangirl
08-02-2007, 03:03 PM
i like cheese but mac........ no cheese

ptps
08-03-2007, 06:06 AM
I used to think he was just one of those gag/joke characters who'd amuse the audience by being stupid. But then I rewatched his debut episode Mac Daddy and I'm actually surprised by how "smart" Cheese is.

Granted, he's not the most intellectual of the bunch. But I think, based on his debut episodes, Cheese wasn't this random screaming seizure fit. It's clear he has some kind of form of manners, where he actually requested to gave chocolate milk from Bloo. And he can carry some form of intelligent conversation/reaction, and not just reply random things (although he is prone to doing that as well, "PANCAKES!" XD ) He isn't completely stupid, he's more like a 3 year old with a constant temper or something.

So yeah, while I did like watching Cheese-a-Go-Go in the beginning, and The Big Cheese, on re-watching them it got really annoying because it feels like he's just being "used" as a way to annoy all the other characters for no reason. :/ His incessant screaming in the Big Cheese was really annoying (though I liked his ability to remember the code. XD)

cartman414
08-16-2007, 03:02 PM
A little Cheese goes a long way. He's best used in a tertiary capacity, and not as a focal point, or as a cause of misfortune/annoyance for the characters around him. That, along with Jackie Khones little tiff, annoyed me in Cheese a Go Go.

antgirl1
08-16-2007, 10:23 PM
Please, for the love of god, DON'T let this happen:

http://jbwarner86.deviantart.com/art/The-Cheese-Show-56804676

No, I didn't draw this. 8D

Cassini90125
08-17-2007, 07:02 AM
If that were ever to happen I'd stop watching the series. :P

cartman414
08-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Oh, burn. Even Madame Foster was ticked off in that drawing.

Lynnie
08-17-2007, 10:37 PM
heh, that picture actually popped up when I did an image search a month or two ago. Couldn't help but laugh when I saw it. I don't hate Cheese, but I certainly understand where the artist was coming from when they drew it. I'm irked at the S2 DVD cover, myself. I soooo preferred the original artwork of a nice framed picture of Mac and Bloo on the wall, and Cheese, looking "cute and innocent" (as opposed to crazy and going bazurk), holding his horsey up to the picture. Sooooo much better. Ugh, oh well. It's what's on the inside that counts, and I love every minute of it.

*No, make that every second. 8D

Ub3rD4n
08-18-2007, 12:39 AM
What the-?

How did THAT replace the artwork I'd previously seen (and loved) for the season two DVD? Who was in charge of that?

Yeah, the sentiments of the linked artist does make some important points. I think Cheese works well BECAUSE he stands so in contrast with everyone else, which is why his usage should be kept to a minimum. Not written out altogether, but.....

jekylljuice
08-18-2007, 06:33 AM
What the-?

How did THAT replace the artwork I'd previously seen (and loved) for the season two DVD? Who was in charge of that?

Yeah, the sentiments of the linked artist does make some important points. I think Cheese works well BECAUSE he stands so in contrast with everyone else, which is why his usage should be kept to a minimum.

I second that cognition. Although I don't exactly hate the troublesome yellow fellow, I will say this about him - he can be an amusing character, but only when his mindless ramblings actually convey some sense of innocence. There, we at least have some charm and humour in how his lesser senses play off against the self-awareness of the other characters - ultimately, he's best when used as a foil. For example, his insistence on decorating the vehicle with bunnies alongside the flames in "Mac Daddy", which did make me smile. The problem comes when he's allowed to run rampant doing and saying the most ridiculous and inane of things (which were all that his roles in "the Big Cheese" and "Cheese A-Go-Go" really amounted to), so all that we basically get are a bunch of equally mindless gags with no real substance to them.

And I agree with many of the issues that the "Cheese Show" artist raises - ultimately, Cheese just isn't nearly representative enough of the show as a whole to justify him becoming the CN poster kid he has done, let alone hog the entire Season 2 cover. Having Bloo dominate most of the artwork on the Season One cover was far more understandable, given that he is the main character, and features strongly in every episode. As the artist points out, Cheese was only in a single episode of Season 2. No matter, I guess, because whatever the cover, I'm still buying. I just hope I don't have the same problems getting my DVD-rom drive to recognise the discs as I did with Season 1.

Sama-chan
08-31-2007, 09:36 PM
Cheese is my favorite character. He's the most random character in the show, which is cool...:cheese:

Please, for the love of god, DON'T let this happen:

http://jbwarner86.deviantart.com/art/The-Cheese-Show-56804676

No, I didn't draw this. 8D

LOL. That would be..a rather....odd episode....:cheesegrin:

taranchula
09-02-2007, 04:32 AM
Pft, personally I think the artist of that above piece is making way too much of a deal over this matter. I mean regardless of whom is on the cover die hard fans of the series are going to buy the DVD no matter what, and having a very popular character amongst the target audience adorning the cover will make it highly visible to the younger set, and thus will more then likely find it's way into mommy and daddy's shopping cart. Which of course is a very very good thing.

Now if Cheese happens to find his was onto the cover of season three, you know the season where he appears in a grand total of zero episodes, then we can make a case.

cartman414
09-02-2007, 09:45 AM
I like how he calls those mice that gather around him at the end of ""Mac Daddy" doggies.

Shelltoon
09-03-2007, 06:03 AM
Now if Cheese happens to find his was onto the cover of season three, you know the season where he appears in a grand total of zero episodes, then we can make a case.

I doubt that's going to happen, Season 3 will most likely have Goo, if the iTunes art for Season 3 is any indication.

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/9149/fosters3itunesoj8.png

Cassini90125
09-03-2007, 07:55 AM
I doubt that's going to happen, Season 3 will most likely have Goo, if the iTunes art for Season 3 is any indication.

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/9149/fosters3itunesoj8.png

I trust y'all will understand if part of me feels like screaming. :P

KF
09-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Like pretty much everyone else said, Cheese is best as a side character. He can be funny, he just can get annoying. I was so annoyed with him in The Big Cheese, especially at the end when he stuck his head in the way just as Mac was about to enter the code. :jk: Mac Daddy was great though. Bunniiieeesss......8D

Cassini90125
09-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Mac Daddy was, in my opinion, his best episode. Unfortunately, it's pretty much been a downhill slide from there.

cartman414
09-03-2007, 10:48 AM
IMO his best was Infernal Slumber. Just enough of him, and he actually helped at one point.

Shelltoon
09-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Other than Mac Daddy, Infernal Slumber was his best role. He was able to be funny as nothing more than a side character, and actually helped a bit. "QUIET DOGGY!" :cheesegrin:

cartman414
09-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Other than Mac Daddy, Infernal Slumber was his best role. He was able to be funny as nothing more than a side character, and actually helped a bit. "QUIET DOGGY!" :cheesegrin:

I thought it was ducky. :cheesegrin:

bloonuggets
09-03-2007, 11:05 PM
And the ad for the Season 2 DVD set is a riot!

"Season Two tastes funny."

"Cereal better."

KF
09-04-2007, 12:22 PM
There's a season 2 commercial? I haven't seen that! Is it new or something?

Blookat66
09-08-2007, 09:43 AM
I have an idea for him at a restraunt:

Waiter: What would you like sir
Cheese: Coco!
Waiter: We do not have CoCo
Waiter: We don't have cereal either.
Cheese: I like choclate milk
Waiter: Just read the menu
Cheese: *Makes that sound* Okay!
Cheese: (Shout) HEY MAN!
Waiter: Yes?
Waiter: Get out NOW!
Bloo: Way to go Cheese!
Cheese: YAAAAAY!

Lynnie
09-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Haha, yeah, most of his phrases are about some kind of food, with the exception of his monolog about ailments in "The Big Cheese". And well, of course there's "Gotta go gotta go gotta go...."

I can picture them walking out of the restaurant and Cheese looks down and says "I found a carrot!" and he picks what appears to be a carrot off the ground. And then he puts it in his mouth...and everyone else gets sick. :cheese:::)

Blookat66
09-09-2007, 03:09 AM
Imagine if Cheese met Fred FredBurger!

:cheese:: I like chocolate milk!
Fred: I like natchos, yes!
:cheese:: I like chocolate milk!
Fred: I like Natchos!
:cheese:: CHOCOLATE MILK!
Fred: NATCHOS!!!
:frankiesmile:: Okay stop it you two, Fred FredBurger, your not in this show!
Fred: Yes!
:frankiemad:: No, your not!
Fred: Yes!
:frankiemad:: GET OUT OF THIS SHOW!
:gooblab:: Don't be so mean Frankie, look, Fred please go to Billy & Mandy!
Fred: Yes! *Goes*
:-*: Maybe you should replace me goo!

Cassini90125
09-09-2007, 06:49 AM

That would be the part where I abandon the show. :frankiemad:

Shelltoon
09-09-2007, 03:40 PM
No way. I'm sorry, as much as I love Goo, this is one of those DO NOT WANT moments.

Shelltoon
09-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Sorry for the double post, but here's something that's been on my mind about our beloved, random, annoying, but funny Cheese. Why did Louise create Cheese in the first place? Judging by Louise's looks, she probably feels left out at school and gets picked on a lot. So my guess is Louise created Cheese so that she wouldn't feel so left out and that somebody would show some love for her. What do you think?

Cassini90125
09-22-2007, 11:13 AM
It makes sense, but I still like the theory that she was sick and wigged out on medication when she created him. :cheesegrin:

Oh, and don't worry about the double post; it's only a problem if they're less than 15 minutes or so apart. :)

Sparx
11-02-2007, 09:40 AM
How can you dislike Cheese. He's a cowboy and a horse. Not many imaginary friends are so versitile.:D

Haha 8D. I agree 100%. Cheese is so funny!

NeverToo
04-02-2008, 04:12 PM
What kind of cheese are you.
A good one actually.

So lets get to the point. I always love Cheese at Foster's Home because he so weird but in a good way. As I always imagined what would Cheese do or what will he act like or what he might even wear. :cheesegrin:

So what I am trying to say is who could resist him and besides he saids funny things that we all like and love. :cheese:

iceberg210
04-16-2008, 08:52 AM
I'm sorry I'm probably missing something or just didn't see an episode but I thought that Mac created Cheese? That's why Blue and Cheese are brothers? I'm probably wrong though. So sorry. Anyway could someone fill me in? Thanks, sorry again about the hassle:wiltshock:

Cassini90125
04-16-2008, 09:08 AM
Cheese was created by Mac's neighbor Louise. Cheese would get out of the house sometimes, and in Mac Daddy, his first episode, he crawled into Mac's bed. When Mac woke up and found Cheese, he thought he'd created him in his sleep. We didn't find out the truth of the matter until the end of the episode.

As far as I'm concerned, Mac Daddy was the best Cheese episode. Alas, it's been pretty much downhill from there. :P :cheesegrin:

iceberg210
04-16-2008, 03:38 PM
I see. I've seen parts of Mac Daddy. I must say though that I do like Cheese a Go Go. And Big Cheese is pretty hilarious. I do hope they give us one more episode with cheese before all is said and done.

WiltsAKGirl17
04-16-2008, 08:59 PM
Oh they probably will. There's little doubt in my mind. Hopefully, it won't be Cheese overload. :cheesegrin:

coleman360
04-28-2008, 07:52 AM
Personally, all the episodes with Cheese are hilarious!!

Frankie_4_Prez
04-29-2008, 08:07 PM
My nightmare scenario: the 90-minute movie finale centers on Cheese screaming, whining, and overpowering with every character he interacts with.

I liked him best in "Infernal Slumber". It seemed like he grew up a bit since being created, as he knew exactly what to do to shut Terrence up.

jekylljuice
04-30-2008, 03:39 AM
I think that Cheese was put to greatest use in his original episode, "Mac Daddy". For me, Cheese is the type of character who's best when used as a foil, and they didn't really attempt to push it any further than that therein, so I think it worked very well. His appearence in "Infernal Slumber" was pretty good, and his cameo in "the Big Picture", though kind of random, was perfectly innocuous. "Cheese A Go-Go" was the episode in which I really struggled to abide him, but then I found that one to be a pretty creaky episode all-round.

I anticipate him making some kind of appearence in the series finale, if only to throw a bone to his many legions of fans, but hopefully he won't completely dominate the story.

Mac-a-lacka
05-18-2008, 07:42 AM
I liked him best in "Infernal Slumber". It seemed like he grew up a bit since being created, as he knew exactly what to do to shut Terrence up.

Yeah, just goes to show you that Cheese is smarter then he looks.:cheesegrin:8D

Ub3rD4n
05-21-2008, 03:56 AM
You guys know what I'm looking forward to? The Cheese-centric episode of season 6. Cheese's last big ride. I've grown fond of that pain-in-the-neck over the years, and am looking forward to one last big ball of chaos, curtesy of Cheese. I don't think he'll be in the last episode/movie, so hopefully he gets a good sendoff before then.:cheese:

WiltsAKGirl17
05-21-2008, 11:29 AM
You guys know what I'm looking forward to? The Cheese-centric episode of season 6. Cheese's last big ride. I've grown fond of that pain-in-the-neck over the years, and am looking forward to one last big ball of chaos, curtesy of Cheese. I don't think he'll be in the last episode/movie, so hopefully he gets a good sendoff before then.:cheese:

He's getting his own episode? :wiltshock: I can't say I'm surprised, and I suppose there's a small place in my heart for Cheese, too, but hopefully the hype for Cheese's ep won't override the series' finale. If it does... good Lord help us all. :edmad:

Ub3rD4n
05-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Whoa, just for clarification, I was only assuming there'd be a Cheese episode this season because they've done one for the last 2 seasons, as well as season 2. So, no promises, I just think they'll do it.

Lynnie
05-21-2008, 07:41 PM
I agree with you, D4n. As much as Cheese has been annoying me in his latest few episodes, I do realize that he happens to be the second most popular character in amateur Foster's fandom, and to please those fans, I expect there will be at least one more Cheese-centric episode. Hopefully it will be better than his last few, and more like his first few. We may still be pleasantly surprised. :cheesegrin:

WiltsAKGirl17
05-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Whoa, just for clarification, I was only assuming there'd be a Cheese episode this season because they've done one for the last 2 seasons, as well as season 2. So, no promises, I just think they'll do it.

In my fine tradition, I make a dorkfish of myself on the forums by blatantly misinterpreting one of my comrades' posts. Sorry about overreacting there, D4n. I suppose that assuming Cheese will have one last fling in the series would be a safe one.

Once again, I'm sorry about that.

Ub3rD4n
05-23-2008, 02:37 AM
Oh, no problem, I just didn't want to be known as one of those guys who represent spectulation as fact, as they tend to annoy people.

Cassini90125
05-23-2008, 05:50 AM
Oh, no problem, I just didn't want to be known as one of those guys who represent spectulation as fact, as they tend to annoy people.

That's for sure. :frankiemad:

I'm iffy on the idea of another Cheese episode. If he's relatively quiet like he was in Mac Daddy it might be tolerable, but if he's used like he was in Cheese A Go-Go it would be a wasted half-hour, which would truly be a shame, considering how few episodes are left.

ethelmurmur
01-23-2009, 10:16 PM
Hmm. I must be the only one who isn't actually impressed with Cheese as a character. He was funny, but his annoying personality couldn't bring me to like him. DD:

Please don't kill me; I love you all. XDD

I thought that the first time I saw him, but after I watched Mac Daddy a couple of times, he became my favorite and I keep looking to see more of cheese, because I love cheese even though I can't digest cheese well LOL:cheesegrin: I want MORE CHEESE

Sparky
01-23-2009, 10:18 PM
LOL I used to have an allergy to cow's milk (it went away) so I know how you feel. (I learned to love goat cheese)

I wore a t-shirt with Cheese on it today and a little girl kept staring at it at the restaurant at dinner. Kids do love Cheese. :cheesegrin:

HerrimanWasHere
01-25-2009, 08:36 PM
It's weird. My mind usually goes to a Cheese quote (or a Bloo quote, but we're not talking about the blob). However, one can only take that humor for so long. It's the same reason why I can't watch Spongbob marathons, it gets annoying. I like Cheese, but too much is bad for the digestion.

iceberg210
02-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Cheese has his plusses and his minuses but overall I'd at least like to see him make an appearence before all is said and done. For better or for worse many were drawn to Foster's because of the yellow dude so he ought to make a final appearence somewhere along the line. A whole episode? Maybe not, but certainly I'd love to see him again. But alas only time will tell whether we have seen the last of cheese or not.

Creamy
05-24-2009, 06:26 AM
Cheese is great and random.

I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK!

I enjoy all his appearances expect "maybe" Cheese-a-go-go...but maybe because that was quite a dull "out of Fosters" eps like "The Buck swaps here" and the "GOTTA GO"ing can be kinda irritating. He is also never overused, which I like. He is used in just the right does, which makes him funny everytime, instead of an "Ohno, not Cheese AGAIN *cringes*" feel.

I am also well aware that some people watch Fosters JUST FOR CHEESE! That it just....wierd.

:cheesegrin:

GooGoo
08-23-2009, 06:38 AM
Cheese is my absolute favorite character!
:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::c heese::cheese::cheese:

Cell_Phone_guy
01-25-2010, 02:13 PM
I have something that may be of interest along the subject of Cheese.

My mom owns a Marble Slab Creamery which is an ice cream store where not only do you get ice cream, but you can mix candies and certain fruit into your ice cream as well. You can also buy ice cream cakes and order a custom cake. Right now, I work there a couple days a week making the ice cream and ice cream cakes.

Today I had to make a custom cake. The flavour I used was birthday cake (which is a popular flavour). While I make the cakes, my mom decorates the cakes a day or two later. I saw on the sheet that whoever requested the order wanted to have the following written on the cake: "I like Cheese".

I'm sure it's not, but it sounds like something Louise would have written or Cheese himself.

BlooCheese92
08-21-2010, 02:11 AM
My favourite character! :cheesegrin: It's a shame he doesn't appear in many episodes. I hope to get a Cheese plushie soon ...

Cell_Phone_guy
09-28-2011, 07:03 PM
Now that Cheese is living at Foster's, I wonder if Louise has a similar arrangement with Cheese as Mac does with Bloo: If Louise visits Cheese everyday he won't be adopted. (Not that many people would be in a rush to adopt him). :cheese: :cheesegrin:

KazooBloo
12-01-2016, 02:10 PM
Ugh, Cheese. Such a moldy character.