PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Herriman

FostersFriend
08-16-2006, 07:13 AM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n55/FostersFriend/Mr.png
A big bouncy bunny. Mr. Herriman is a proper imaginary friend who adores rules, and doesn't tolerate rule breaking or bad behavior. He was imagined by Madame Foster (Founder of Foster's Home) she imagined him at a young age and still hasn't given up on him. Mr. Herriman has a rather large carrot addiction as he loves eating them. In fact he gets paid in carrots. Mr. Herriman may seem stuck up here and there, but we all know he's just big funny bunny. :nyah:

Cassini90125
08-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Sounds like he'd make a pretty good moderator. :) He almost certainly has a lot of interesting stories he's never told us about the time between when Madam Foster was a child and when she opened her house to the world's abandoned IF's. Did he accompany her to high school and/or college? What does he remember about her family? Was there any sort of (non-romantic) rivalry between him and her husband? I can just see the old hare going out of his mind during her teenage years!

FostersFriend
08-16-2006, 09:10 AM
Sounds like he'd make a pretty good moderator. :) He almost certainly has a lot of interesting stories he's never told us about the time between when Madam Foster was a child and when she opened her house to the world's abandoned IF's. Did he accompany her to high school and/or college? What does he remember about her family? Was there any sort of (non-romantic) rivalry between him and her husband? I can just see the old hare going out of his mind during her teenage years!

Thanks for your sweet comments Cassini! :) Yeah i've always thought about what Mr. Herriman did as Madame Foster was a teenage girl etc. Lol Craig should do an episode exploring it one day. :P

FostersFriend:D

Scribble
08-16-2006, 10:51 AM
Thanks for your sweet comments Cassini! :) Yeah i've always thought about what Mr. Herriman did as Madame Foster was a teenage girl etc. Lol Craig should do an episode exploring it one day. :P

FostersFriend:D

I agree! I find the relationship between Herriman and Madame Foster really sweet, so I'd love to know more about how that relationship was built up. :)

GrimTheLost
08-16-2006, 10:55 PM
What about an imaginary rehab for his addiction to carrots?

FostersFriend
08-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Hahaha -lol thats funny. But it's probably way ovre board for a kids show lol 8D

GrimTheLost
08-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Yeah but it'd be funny: "The Bunny Ford Clinic"

Cassini90125
08-17-2006, 05:57 AM
Yeah but it'd be funny: "The Bunny Ford Clinic"

Lol, that was a good one! ;D

Kzinistzerg
08-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Dosn't this sound like something Mr. Herriman would say? (it's from the Monty Python Cheese Shop sketch)

C: In a nutshell. And I thought to myself, "a little fermented curd will do the trick," so, I curtailed my Walpoling activites, sallied forth, and infiltrated your place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some cheesy comestibles!
O: Come again?
C: I want to buy some cheese.
O: Oh, I thought you were complaining about the bazouki player!
C: Oh, heaven forbid: I am one who delights in all manifestations of the Terpsichorean muse!
O: Sorry?

Sims Katie
08-19-2006, 08:28 PM
That sounds more like Bertie Wooster :P

One Radical Dude
08-19-2006, 09:18 PM
I think Herriman is quite a character, despite being so strict at the house. You know, maybe he or Madame Foster (probably neither one, but maybe Frankie) could explain to Mac's mother that there are humans that still hang out with their Imaginary Friends through most of life. Just a thought.

Sparky
08-19-2006, 09:32 PM
I think Herriman is quite a character, despite being so strict at the house. You know, maybe he or Madame Foster (probably neither one, but maybe Frankie) could explain to Mac's mother that there are humans that still hang out with their Imaginary Friends through most of life. Just a thought.

I recall saying that to someone once, in a discussion somewhere. But I agree with others who say that Mom wanted Bloo gone largely for selfish reasons, because she couldn't deal with the fighting between the kids and Bloo and she was hoping getting rid of Bloo would be a "band-aid" solution. I'll bet she doesn't see the fighting anymore, too, as Bloo was surely the one who provoked Terrence and Terrence for his part I doubt smacks Mac around when Mom's right there.

LaBlooGirl
08-20-2006, 06:12 PM
I love Mr.Herriman. I can't dislike that bunny, no matter HOW strict or pompous he is. But that's probably because he has remained loyal to his creator his whole life, and he helps to run Foster's, obviously showing that he cares about not only fellow IFs, but the bonds between IFs and creators.
Besides, Mr. Herriman is a bunny. A BUNNY. Nuff said.

GrimTheLost
08-20-2006, 11:01 PM
You know I just realised who Mr. H reminds me of: Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh. They are both uptight, rule loving, carrot hording rabbits. Ha, who woulda thunk it?

(It's kind of sad that I like them both seeing as I don't really care for most rules...)

Scribble
08-20-2006, 11:27 PM
You know I just realised who Mr. H reminds me of: Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh. They are both uptight, rule loving, carrot hording rabbits. Ha, who woulda thunk it?

(It's kind of sad that I like them both seeing as I don't really care for most rules...)

I was actually thinking that the other day! And yes, his Bunnyness certainly helps me to like him!^^ On another note, I watched "Bye Bye Nerdy" again yesterday and I had never noticed that Herriman was on the high score list. For some reason I can't imagine him playing video games. o.o

GrimTheLost
08-20-2006, 11:37 PM
I was actually thinking that the other day! And yes, his Bunnyness certainly helps me to like him!^^ On another note, I watched "Bye Bye Nerdy" again yesterday and I had never noticed that Herriman was on the high score list. For some reason I can't imagine him playing video games. o.o

It's a secret addiction like the carrots.

LaBlooGirl
08-21-2006, 07:41 AM
It's a secret addiction like the carrots.

Exactly. LOL
There are many things Mr. Herriman would never admit to, like having a sense of fun. He's just too strict and uppity for that kind of thing. ;)
And this made me think...that we need some Herriman emoticons!

GrimTheLost
08-21-2006, 11:26 AM
They wuld end up being the angry emoticons (or the constipated ones).

Kzinistzerg
08-21-2006, 12:49 PM
Or the "what just happened" ones.

kageri
08-23-2006, 07:11 AM
I love Mr. Herriman. He's hilarious and Tom Kane does an awesome job doing his voice. And not only is he a bunny, he's a bunny wearing a hat. Automatic win.

Voxxyn
08-23-2006, 08:59 AM
A great character. In fact, he'd be tied with Frankie for my favorite character if he weren't so harsh on her.

And I'll say it again, we need more episodes in which Herriman and Frankie are the main characters, like in "Setting A President".

Imaginary Light
08-23-2006, 05:10 PM
I love Mr. Herriman. He's hilarious and Tom Kane does an awesome job doing his voice. And not only is he a bunny, he's a bunny wearing a hat. Automatic win.

And a monocle. You can't forget the monocle;)

Cell_Phone_guy
08-25-2006, 10:35 AM
Can you imagine what would have happened had Herriman also showed up at Mac's apartment in Infernal Slumber. He would most likely say that stuff was out of line and order Mac to make things up to standard. I can imagine something like this now:

Herriman: Master Mac, I say that the jars in your cupboards are out of line. Straighten them up at once!

(Mac annoyed but trying to keep his voice down): Look, this is our house. You don't live here!

billytheskink
08-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Herriman is best used making life hard on Frankie and Bloo. Their reactions to his craziness are usually entertaining.

Voxxyn
08-26-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm partial to his soft side--though that's because we've become so used to him being stuffy and uptight, that it's a delight when he does loosen up and show some heart. I already liked him for being funny, but "Setting A President" made me sympathize with him a lot more.

ch3353-h4xx0rrrr
08-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Can you imagine what would have happened had Herriman also showed up at Mac's apartment in Infernal Slumber. He would most likely say that stuff was out of line and order Mac to make things up to standard. I can imagine something like this now:

Herriman: Master Mac, I say that the jars in your cupboards are out of line. Straighten them up at once!

(Mac annoyed but trying to keep his voice down): Look, this is our house. You don't live here!
I can SO see that happening. :D

Anyway, I love Mr. Herriman. He's got a great, deep character, I think. ;)

koosie
09-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Ohmygosh! It never occurred to me he was english! To me he hasn't really got an accent, other than that of a gentleman, a rare and special breed in itself. He's an officer and a gentleman. Sort of.

I always thought he might have something to do with Avril Harriman, who I think was US ambassador to Britain on the eve of WW2, I may be incorrect. Maybe the young Miss Foster took a shine to the chap at some point, he certainly looked the monocle type, anyway. He may not have been english but i'm sure he was a gentleman.

Medikor
09-22-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm partial to his soft side--though that's because we've become so used to him being stuffy and uptight, that it's a delight when he does loosen up and show some heart. I already liked him for being funny, but "Setting A President" made me sympathize with him a lot more.

I'm sure you enjoyed "World Wide Wabbit" too, since it shows a heart warming scene of him doing what he used to for Madam Foster when she was just a "sweet little girl".:D
Mister Harrimin is one my top three list. just behind Frankie and ahead of Coco. I think he is one of the funnyiest characters in the whole show, when they give him an episode. And many people dislike his harshness to Frankie, but it's a necissary evil. That makes for many of the best laughs when Frankie gets frustrated with him. But they are still family. You can see that they get along when they're in a good mood. Or at least, Frankie makes the effort to get along with him.8D
My favorite episodes are the Frankie and Harrimin ones. They bring out the best in each other comicaly. "World Wide Wabbit is a testomant to that, and it had me laughing non-stop!:D Good stuff.

Kzinistzerg
09-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Herriman....

I have to agree. He has the potential to be a very funny character.

donna323
10-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Dear Friends ...

Let's not forget Mr. Herriman's abject fear of puppies and dogs. And there was the time he went "wild" when the gang was camping and he met the wild bunnies (who picked his pocket in the end).

Mostly though, I have to agree with comments made above on Mr. Herriman and Mrs. Foster. Imagine what kind of kid she was, and more ... imagine what kind of ADULT she is NOW! Her imaginery friend is still hanging around! I think the true focus should be on Mrs. Foster. Did she have a love? Must have because she has a grand daughter? What did she do before she opened the home for wayward Imaginary Friends? What is her favorite color? What does she like to eat? Is she completely out of her mind, or only a little. Did she do a stint wrapping christmas gifts at Bloomingdales?

Maybe if we went back in time, we would discover that Louise is really Mrs. Foster and they are totally caught in a quantum time loop.

Now that would be wierd.

~D~
:bloocross:

InsaneFan
10-04-2006, 01:55 PM
ACK! Why haven't I visited this thread yet!? Stupid busy schedule and stupid me...

Yes. Herriman is SPIFFIN'. Not much more to say, ha. You guys already said a lot.

So...Herriman is popcorn. :bloocross: *inside joke'd*

pitbulllady
10-26-2006, 01:39 PM
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but since I haven't seen it, I decided to mention it.

WHY does Mr. Herriman refer to all the male characters on the show by the title, "Master" So-and-So? According to what I was taught as a child, with regards to title etiquette, you are to refer to a male as "Master" Whatever if he is under 18 years of age, and therefore not legally an adult, and use the title "Mister" once he reaches the age of 18(and beyond). In that case, I can understand Herriman referring to Mac and Bloo as "Master Mac" and "Master Blooregard", since they are just eight and five, respectively, but he also refers to Wilt and Eduardo as "Master Wilt" and "Master Eduardo", when both of them are certainly older than 18! Since Eduardo IS quite childlike, I can almost see using that title when referring to him, but Wilt acts as grown-up as I'd expect most human males of his age to act, so there's really no excuse there. It can't be because they're Imaginary Friends, since Herriman refers to HIMSELF as "MISTER Herriman", and he, too, is just as Imaginary as they are! Is this perhaps a subtle "put-down" of the others, a reminder to them that he's in charge and that their opinions count for nothing, or what?

pitbulllady

LosDosEduardos
10-26-2006, 01:57 PM
If he were to refer to a fancharacter I made as "Master Leonardo" or "Master Alphonzo," that would be good.:herriman:
If I were to come to Foster's, he would refer to me as "Master James." But in my fanfictions, he would refer to me as "Master JRuff."
According to PBL's last post, I should ask why he refers to most of the female characters in the show by the title, "Miss" so and so.
But still, I think Mr. H is quite okay for a rabbit with a good sense of humor.

Cassini90125
10-26-2006, 02:30 PM
I think he's just being overly formal. It's his style, nothing more. :herriman:

pitbulllady
10-26-2006, 02:51 PM
If he were to refer to a fancharacter I made as "Master Leonardo" or "Master Alphonzo," that would be good.:herriman:
If I were to come to Foster's, he would refer to me as "Master James." But in my fanfictions, he would refer to me as "Master JRuff."
According to PBL's last post, I should ask why he refers to most of the female characters in the show by the title, "Miss" so and so.
But still, I think Mr. H is quite okay for a rabbit with a good sense of humor.

Traditionally, the title "Miss" referred to ANY unmarried female, regardless of age, and since none of the female characters on Foster's are married(none of the main characters, anyway, like Coco or Frankie), that would be the proper term. The title of "Ms." is a new thing, denoting an independent adult female, usually single(though not always), and is basically a "side effect" of the Women's Rights movement. "Mrs.", of course, means a married woman, or one who is widowed and has chosen to keep her late husband's surname.

pitbulllady

Invader Bloo
10-26-2006, 03:37 PM
I liked him in "Big Cheese". His sarcasm to Cheese was so cruel it was funny. I mean Cheese is basically a 4 year old & he's so mean. 8D

montitech
10-28-2006, 05:01 PM
I think MR. H. :herriman: refers to all Male IF as master because they are all basically treated as minors. even Wilt. and they are all under the care of Fosters House run by himself (thats why he is Mister), Frankie and Madam Foster.

Monty :-/

pitbulllady
10-28-2006, 07:49 PM
I think MR. H. :herriman: refers to all Male IF as master because they are all basically treated as minors. even Wilt. and they are all under the care of Fosters House run by himself (thats why he is Mister), Frankie and Madam Foster.

Monty :-/

That's my point-he treats ALL of them, even Wilt, who certainly does not act any more childish than Mr. Herriman does-as if they were minors, minors who are unable to make decisions for themselves. This would be like me calling an adult male co-worker "boy" or "kid". It's a put-down, basically. There is no reason other than to basically state "I'm better than you are" to the other male IF's. Foster's care is basically like that of a homeless shelter, and workers at homeless shelters don't put down men who are unfortunate enough to wind up there.

pitbulllady

kageri
10-28-2006, 08:14 PM
I think he's just being overly formal and pompous and.... well, Herrimanlike. "Master" sounds more formal and archaic and stuffy and old than "Mister", so perhaps that's why they use it.

Cassini90125
10-28-2006, 08:21 PM
I agree, that's all it is. I don't hear a put-down in his tone at all.

X-Cheese-fangirl-x
11-08-2006, 09:55 AM
He's practically the posher/formal version of my rabbit even though they aren't alike. Mr Herriman is cool.

Nathander
11-08-2006, 05:54 PM
At first, I never really cared for Herriman. However, I think I began to soften up to him considerably after World Wide Wabbit, when they showed that, deep down, he really was just another Imaginary Friend. I'd end up adoring the character in Who let the Dogs In?. He's easily my second favorite IF next to Wilt.

Cell_Phone_guy
11-29-2006, 08:15 PM
One thing about Herriman, in "Bye Bye Nerdy" when he found out Mac wasn't coming to Foster's he jumped at the chance to put Bloo up for adoption. This raises some points on both Herriman and Bloo:

1. If Bloo kept a low profile, perhaps Herriman might tell Bloo he's up for adoption, but not try to actively get him adopted.

2. Considering how he was acting stuffy to Bloo in "Busted" because Madame Foster allowed him not to be adopted, would that have come into play even if Bloo kept a low profile.

3. If Herriman really wanted Bloo gone, what's keeping him from trying to stop Mac from coming. Of course, if he did that, Madame Foster and Frankie wouldn't be happy with him, and for all we know, Madame Foster would give Bloo an even bigger buffer to keep him from being adopted.

The bloo
11-30-2006, 11:17 AM
hes kinda mean to bloo

Voxxyn
12-05-2006, 03:58 AM
I hope Mr. Herriman gets a large role soon. He hasn't appeared much recently, and I think he deserves a new episode of his own soon. :herriman:

Thornwhistle
12-05-2006, 03:09 PM
I hope Mr. Herriman gets a large role soon. He hasn't appeared much recently, and I think he deserves a new episode of his own soon. :herriman:

He does have his own episodes.

Crime After Crime
World Wide Wabbit
Setting of a President

InsaneFan
12-05-2006, 03:28 PM
He said a new Herriman episode. And I agree. I luff that stiff-necked bunny so. :D He really hasn't had a beef with anyone through the whole last season! He started out as a tyrannical dictator, but now he's barely shown and kind of a pushover. =( It makes me sad.

Ub3rD4n
04-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah, Mr H is an awesome IF. I think you have to see World Wide Wabbit and the pilot (especially) to realise that he's not just a pompous jerk. In the pilot, when he mentioned Mac getting bored with Bloo, and him being adopted by another kid until "he, too, tires of him", I could see real sadness in his voice.

He's another Fosters character that I can relate to, due to his mild cynism, his expectation of certain behaviour of civilised people which so often they do not live up to, and the fact that we're both blind without our respective eyewear.

Also, if I could get away with wearing a top hat every day, I would.

ptps
07-10-2007, 05:46 AM
I love the way Herriman never wins. XD He's always failing in all the episodes I see him in.

Match Stick
09-23-2007, 06:12 AM
hi there ...new here and i luv mr herriman...because when u see him at 'world wide wabbit' u can see he's really like any other i.f....but unfortunately ..there has to be someone in the show who is disciplined (mr herriman) and stop all the fun... so that those who are stopped (bloo and other i.f s) can come up with something even crazier

anyway i like how mr herriman is portraited in 'the bloo superdude', like Nazis...

this is to InsaneFan: is your quote from animaniacs?

InsaneFan
09-23-2007, 11:32 AM
this is to InsaneFan: is your quote from animaniacs?

Yes, yes it is. ^^ The actual quote has "Anvilania" in place of "Never Forgotten". Yakko said it. I personally love the episode. I have yet to figure out what relationship he had with the former king of Anvilania, though...xD Fun stuff.

Match Stick
09-30-2007, 06:32 PM
just wondering ...has anyone did a fan art for mr. herriman?....i would so like to see

InsaneFan
10-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Um...The only fanart for Mr. H I've posted is what I painted on my bedroom wall. Which can be seen here (http://madamelady.deviantart.com/art/Herriman-iz-my-dawg-35953824).

I actually have a little sketch I did a long time ago of Herriman giving a little 6-year-old Madame Foster a piggyback ride, but I never did anything with it. Imagine my joy when I saw Something Old, Something Bloo. Hehe.

Match Stick
10-05-2007, 02:55 AM
painted on wall?...that's so cool ....i wish i could paint sth i like on my walls too, instead of those tacky wallpapers...it's really good, by the way, the painting..i'm planning on doing some art too...as soon as i have time

Xroc88
10-17-2007, 08:14 PM
At first when i watched the show i thought he was some kind of strict whacked up butler.

Pawbah
10-17-2007, 10:57 PM
whacked up?

...Indeed. :herriman:

jekylljuice
10-18-2007, 02:39 AM
At first when i watched the show i thought he was some kind of strict whacked up butler.

I can top that. The very first time I saw Foster's, I mistook him for a dog. Yes, the fluffy white tail, large back legs and prominent buck-teeth should have been a dead giveaway, but he does have a face ever-so-slightly like a bloodhound's, or at least I thought so at the time. The only other excuse I can give is that I did start watching Foster's with very little prior knowledge as to what the show was about and who the heck any of the characters were...thank god those days are over.

Zeitgheist
10-18-2007, 03:01 AM
I love Herriman

I think the first thing that I really liked about him is that he acts like such a gentle man... but when he starts walking he's hopping like a bunny XD It just looks so silly

What I like the most about him is that I can see a lot of similarities in him and Bloo, perhaps not personality-wise, but the fact that they still got their creators love and caring, they're both sort of like (but it can be debated) the "alter ego" of their creators and Mac is calm like Herriman (but they both have their moments) while Madame Foster and Bloo are crazy

Oh, and the fact that he sort of has a "thing" for Coco is too darn cute :D

Cassini90125
10-18-2007, 07:06 AM
I can top that. The very first time I saw Foster's, I mistook him for a dog. Yes, the fluffy white tail, large back legs and prominent buck-teeth should have been a dead giveaway, but he does have a face ever-so-slightly like a bloodhound's, or at least I thought so at the time. The only other excuse I can give is that I did start watching Foster's with very little prior knowledge as to what the show was about and who the heck any of the characters were...thank god those days are over.

He does, now that you mention it. It's not a strong resemblance, but it's there.

Ub3rD4n
10-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Well, when I first saw Mr Herriman, was totally creeped out. He just looked creepy to me. Of course, that was just a picture of him, if I had seen him move or better, heard him talk, I would have gotten over it quick-smart. I did, of course, as soon as I started watching the show, and now Mr Herriman is one of my favourites, if there can be such a thing on a show where all the main characters are excellent.

Lynnie
10-18-2007, 08:46 PM
What I like most about Mr. H is his air of the guilded age, his gentlemanly nature, and his spiffy white spats. I like spats, 'tis a shame they're not in fashion anymore. I got my dad a pair once to wear with his Dickens' style Christmas caroling outfit, but I don't think he ever wore them. I could steal them back, wear them with patent shoes, and they'd look like two tone button boots. Only men wore spats, but now days, who's to know the difference when a lady wears a pair with an Edwardian dress costume? :mfoster:

Scrawffler
10-30-2007, 04:40 AM
Mr Herriman sure has a lot of contrast to most of the other characters, and I quite like that about him. While a cast of crazy characters is a lot of fun, you still need someone around to try and keep the sanity. One thing I always thought was funny about him was the fact that he dresses so smartly and acts so serious, but the bottom line is he's a rabbit so he bounces around everywhere. It just made me smile seeing someone like that jumping all over the place. :D

And while I often find it funny when Bloo gets on Herriman's nerves and breaks his rules, I've always had a soft spot for Herriman, because his appearance reminds me so much of the grey and white lop-eared rabbit I owned as a kid. Personality-wise my own rabbit was completely different but still. :smed:

Frankie_4_Prez
04-11-2008, 04:37 AM
Mr. Herriman has a ridiculously broad vocabulary; Mme Foster must've been quite an intelligent child to have spawned such an IF, or maybe kids DID learn something in school back then. Hmm...

Some of my favorite Herry word-of-the-days (or at least, some that I have heard before but finally forced myself to look up in the dictionary):

ragamuffin
poppycock
thingamajig
lollygagging

Mr. Herriman fan
05-20-2008, 05:56 AM
Do you know that his name is HARRY?

... once upon the time he says to Frankie "Call me Harry" (and then he gets crazy). :herriman:

Ub3rD4n
05-21-2008, 03:53 AM
I don't think that was his name, I think he just wanted a cool nickname for himself and came up with "Herry"

L.G.
07-12-2008, 03:25 PM
I realize Mr. H likes to keep everything organized, but alphabetizing trash?! A bit much methinks. And unless I'm mistaken, I don't remember him giving Frankie a simple "Thank You" for maintaining the house and also for putting up with his most absurd requests.

Cassini90125
07-12-2008, 03:35 PM
You're not mistaken. No one ever thanks her, except Goofball that one time. :frankiemad:

Mr. Herriman nonetheless remains one of my favorite characters. I loved his antics in Crime After Crime and Bloo Superdude (he'd make a great dictator), and I regard his line "I dislike you with great intensity" from Squeakerboxxx as one of the funniest of the entire series. Something about the stuffy old rabbit always makes me smile 8D

L.G.
07-12-2008, 04:02 PM
You're not mistaken. No one ever thanks her, except Goofball that one time.

Mr. Herriman nonetheless remains one of my favorite characters. I loved his antics in Crime After Crime and Bloo Superdude (he'd make a great dictator), and I regard his line "I dislike you with great intensity" from Squeakerboxxx as one of the funniest of the entire series. Something about the stuffy old rabbit always makes me smile 8D
That's why they call him "Funny Bunny."

HerrimanWasHere
01-05-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm not sure why, exactly, but Herriman has been my favorite since the begining. Could it be because of his accent, his gentleman like airs, the way he acts over protective to Madame Foster at times, and so on? (Maybe even because so many people seem to dislike him!) I think it's because I know, deep down, he's as kind hearted as the rest. "World Wide Wabbit" really showed how much he cared about his creator, and just how strong their bond is.

(OOC Herriman is the best too! Man...I love that Funny Bunny!)

~Is now going to bed. :herrsleep:

Howard
01-11-2009, 11:57 AM
I have always liked Herriman's victorian ways. He is an underrated character (unfortunately). He may not be with the times (like Frankie), but he knows what is right. Mind you, this is coming from a Frankie fanboy!:herriman::frankiesmile:

Lynnie
06-04-2009, 08:49 PM
I can't think of anywhere else to put this, but while watching Har-Har-Tharsdays tonight, I saw another ad for Listerine Smart Rinse for Kids, this time staring Mr. H and Cheese! Did anyone else see it? I wasn't looking at the TV at the moment since commercials were on, but I heard Mr. H's voice and looked. He apparently gave Cheese some mouth rinse, and when Cheese was suppose to spit it out, he spit it strait up into the air like a geyser, splattering it all over the room, and Mr. H said "Well, at least you got some of it in the sink this time". I was delighted to see another ad featuring our favorite show, even after it ended! :clap:

Sparky
06-04-2009, 08:54 PM
What? Really?? Lol!! :clap: I want to see it. :herriman:

Howard
06-05-2009, 09:58 PM
I would love to see that ad. But Herriman and Cheese?:herriman::cheesegrin:

Bloo4Ever
06-10-2009, 01:41 PM
I tried searching all over the Internet for it and YouTube but still nothing! You think someone would upload a commercial that awesome online :sadbendy:

Maybe it's new? That's why nobody uploaded it yet.

Major Abbey
06-26-2009, 07:50 AM
Mr Herriman is my favourite character on the show. There's just so much I love about this character.

For a start, I find him hilarious. I suppose this depends on your sense of humour, but I love how obsessed he is with rules. He's so over the top it's ridiculous; just look at him in "Busted" with the toilet paper, for instance! I can see why some people could find it annoying but it just really makes me laugh.

But one thing - probably the thing that makes him my favourite character - is that he's not just a stubborn old guy with an obsession with rules. Like HerrimanWasHere said (cool username, by the way), there's a nice side to him too. Yes, he's very bossy, but a lot of time he means well; he just goes a bit overboard with it. He's not perfect, either, as you can see in episodes like "Crime after crime". I seem to be drawn to characters like that; the ones who mean well but have their faults and weaknesses too. "My so-called wife" (one of my favourite episodes) is a great episode for Mr Herriman because you get to see this good side to him. He even admits he's wrong about Coco - not something he does very often.

I also love his accent and his old-fashioned, Victorian manner. There might be a bit of bias here because he reminds me of one of my favourite characters ever; Major Mint, from "Barbie in the Nutcracker" (saw it when I was ten and I loved him ever since; he's the inspiration for my username). He's very similar to Herriman in a lot of ways; he even wears a monocle! :grin: I even have a few things in common with him - not the obsession with rules, but I also have a fear of dogs and I'm not the biggest fan of camping, either.

So, yeah; Mr Herriman's my favourite. It's nice to see so many other people who like him. :herriman:

Lynnie
06-26-2009, 03:32 PM
What a great post. Thank you for that! :)

I'll add to what I posted before and say I also like his aloofness. Like when in "My So-Called Wife", Coco slips under the throw rug while Mr. H is standing on it, and he's just so aloof about that. "Yes, yes I found you." And also in "Beat with a Schtick", how he becomes so controlled when Bloo tells him he's getting in a fight at 4:30, and Mr. H says "That is not a fight, it's a gentleman's challenge." Of course, Mr. H thought he knew what the outcome of that "fight" would be, but especially if seeing that episode the first time, I found it very funny. :herriman:

Major Abbey
06-27-2009, 05:51 AM
You're welcome! :bloogrin:

"Beat with a schtick" was one of the first episodes I ever watched, and I loved that "Gentleman's challenge" line so much.

happy80schild
06-27-2009, 06:51 AM
The thing is all of his "bad" qualities need to follow rules etc. were needed by Madame Foster.
She is a untamed spirit who needed a guardian to hold her back at times and keep her from hurting herself. But some of her warmth and kindness are a part of him as well.

My favorite nickname of his was when Frankie called him Fuzz butt
love it!

Major Abbey
06-27-2009, 01:07 PM
When I say "bad" qualities, I mean the things a lot of people hate about him. I've came across a lot of people who don't like Mr Herriman because he's "too strict". Personally, I don't have a problem with them. I think they're a great part of his character.

I agree with what you said about Madam Foster.

Bloo4Ever
07-02-2009, 09:36 PM
The way I see Herrimen is more like this strict enforces (as I'm sure others see him like that as well) that forces Bloo and the others to do some ridiculous stuff and be insanely funny as to not get caught by Herriman like in 'Busted' or sometimes Bloo does insanely funny stuff for the exact opposite reason, like as preciously stated in 'Crime after Crime' 8D

So I'm glad Herriman is there, because if he wasn't, there wouldn't be as much plot driven stories or even laughs :P However, I do think is necktie is a bit too tight for even his own good ;)

Major Abbey
07-04-2009, 04:39 AM
That's basically what his role is, at least the way I see it; he's the one who enforces all these rules and tries to keep the house as civilised as possible. What's funny (again, in my opinion) is how over-the-top he is about it.

That's another one all the people who complain about him need to remember; his character does add something to the show, and it probably wouldn't be the same without him.

happy80schild
07-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Well they showed what would happen to the house if he was less strict in
Let Your Hare Down
but your right there isn't anything interesting in a story without an antagonist

Major Abbey
07-05-2009, 05:44 AM
I really need to watch "Let your hare down". Sadly, my local TV station only seems to have Season 1 and 2.

Bloo4Ever
07-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Major_Abbey, Sparky has generously provided the link to watch and download that episode in the 'Downloads' section here :)

http://www.fosters-home.com/download.htm

You can stream it, but downloading is usually better quality for me. 'Let Your Hare Down' is the last episod of Season 5 on that list :bloogrin:

Major Abbey
07-12-2009, 07:25 AM
Thanks. :)

fosters-fan
07-23-2009, 08:19 AM
To be honest, I'm really neutral with him, but I hated him in Impostor's and Destination Imagination. And I kinda wish it was him who was getting fired instead of the replacements.

Major Abbey
07-25-2009, 04:58 AM
"Imposters" was quite possibly the only episode where Herriman annoyed me, and that is saying a lot. I will stand by my "he's only harsh because that's the way he was created and it helps to keep the house going" belief, but he really was annoying in that episode.

I don't think he should be fired, though; he is very over the top with his rules, but he's presumably good at his job and he clearly loves it.

Bloo4Ever
08-06-2009, 07:33 AM
To be honest, I'm really neutral with him, but I hated him in Impostor's and Destination Imagination.

I think Craig and the writers wanted you to hate him, just to emphasize the raw deal Frankie was getting, and the harsh conditions Herriman puts Frankie under.

Also for 'Imposter`s', Herriman was acting that way only for and because of Goofball, so it was just to stress the burden Goofball put on Frankie I think.

Major Abbey
08-10-2009, 07:37 AM
I actually liked him in Destination Imagination. He wasn't exactly nice at the beginning, but I was actually very impressed when he admitted to trusting Frankie's judgement. That couldn't have been easy for him to say.

Cassini90125
08-10-2009, 04:09 PM
I definitely give im credit for doing so. It takes a lot of character to admit it when you're wrong about something big like that. A lot of real people don't have the guts to do so.

Howard
08-10-2009, 05:49 PM
I always believed Herriman was firm but fair (in his Edwardian way). I do think he did like to go a little overboard on Frankie, because her father (someone who really was subject to Herriman's yammering). Herriman was a strong bunny however. What I liked about him was he was willing to admit when he was wrong, but stuck by his decision when he knew he was right. Like Cass said, not too many people have the guts these days to do so.:herriman:

Another Castle
10-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Now we all know that Mr. Herriman dislikes Bloo with great intensity, and still resents that him living there is breaking a golden rule. But what does he really think of Mac?

The rest of the house loves and adores the boy, and whilst Mr.H knows he will not loose interest in his IF anytime soon, and is grateful for him saving the day in House of Bloos, he still wants rid of Bloo and perhaps resents Mac for all of Bloo's mischief. He treats Mac just like he treats everyone else (with strict rules of course).

I have just watched Let Your Hare Down, in which it seems he wants Mac to turn up exactly on time everyday or he will let Bloo be adopted. :-0

Lynnie
10-11-2009, 07:50 PM
I never sensed Mr. H resents Mac for not allowing Bloo to be adopted so he could finally be rid of him. I always saw it as he was just such a strict rule follower, and the rules include Bloo being put up for adoption if Mac doesn't come visit right after school. And, being Mr. H, he's just very strict about it. :herriman: Because when Mac does arrive, even when he's running late, Mr. H shrugs it off with a "Ok, very well then" type of attitude. I'm not recalling him ever having the attitude of "Fine, you win", or just disappointed that Mac showed up.

And yeah, he definitely treats Mac just like he does with everyone else- wanting him to follow the rules to the "T", and getting irritated when an exception is made.

Major Abbey
10-12-2009, 08:50 AM
I think Lynnie said it best. Mr H just treats Mac like everyone else. I don't think he particularly likes him or dislikes him - or if he does, he doesn't show it. Bloo's the one he "dislikes with great intensity" and he just really wants to get rid of him. Does anyone remember this, for instance?
http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/2/211-0032.jpg
I'd say the reason he's so strict about Mac being on time is mostly because that's just part of his character; and maybe he just wants to get Bloo out of the way. Either way, I don't think he has any real problems with Mac - after all, he "let it slide" when Mac couldn't make it to the house in "Goodbye to Bloo" (although Mac did call him in advance, so that might have been enough for him).

Another Castle
10-14-2009, 01:18 AM
That those sound like a better explanation. After all, he did invite Mac to join the big photo.

Do we think he also always been so strict, and passionate for rules? I mean, even in Madame Foster's childhood? Or maybe it just came on since she opened the house?

Major Abbey
10-14-2009, 07:54 AM
I think Mr H was always passionate about rules. It's quite a contrast to Madame Foster, who is considerably more easy-going.

Actually, there was a comic that explained why Mr H is so concerned about rules. Here it is: (Sorry if I'm not allowed to post a link to this. Just tell me and I'll delete it)
http://www.theneitherworld.com/fosters/illwill1.htm

Lynnie
10-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Don't worry, Sparky owns that sight, too. :) And in fact, she posted the same link here (http://http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2564) a few years ago when the comic was first released.

Haha, I remember that one, thanks for bringing it back to memory. 8D

Major Abbey
10-15-2009, 08:05 AM
It's hilarious, isn't it? Poor Herriman...

Another Castle
10-17-2009, 04:14 AM
One other thing about him- I've recently watched Who Let The Dogs In, but was distracted about halfway through, so I didn't catch everything- why is he afraid of dogs?

Major Abbey
10-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Because dogs eat rabbits, to use his exact words. Of course Mr H isn't really in any danger from them, but maybe it's just his natural instinct to be afraid of them.

That's one of those episodes where I can really identify with him, actually, because I have a similar phobia of dogs. I'd probably freak out too if I saw a large one in my hallway.

Another Castle
10-17-2009, 08:26 AM
That's what I thought I heard, but it confused me a bit because he isn't a real rabbit- he is an imaginary friend with the appearance and instincts of one, so would a real dog eat him?

Lynnie
10-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah, and a dog would certainly be able to tell the difference because a rabbit would have the smell and actions of "prey", while an IF, even if they look like one and have the same instincts, would smell completely different to a dog. And I doubt that scent would indicate "prey". Which is making me wonder something else- would an IF carry the scent of the human who created them, or do they have a scent all their own, like every other living animal? I'm thinking the latter, but since an IF is a "part" of their creator, maybe it's the prior. :blooconf:

The puppies and the big dog at the beginning of the episode certainly saw the IFs no differently than they did the humans, so to me it appears they already know that the IFs are more "alpha" than themselves. They didn't see the IFs as prey, or even playthings. They saw them just as they saw the humans- companions in the pack and someone who could feed them. ;)

Cassini90125
10-17-2009, 10:33 PM
would an IF carry the scent of the human who created them, or do they have a scent all their own, like every other living animal? I'm thinking the latter, but since an IF is a "part" of their creator, maybe it's the prior. :blooconf:

Definitely the latter. There's simply no way that Louise could possibly have the same scent as Cheese. 8D :cheesegrin:

Lynnie
10-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Haha, good point. :up: 8D But he may have originally carried her scent, and it just.. changed.. after he experienced life for a few hours. Or minutes.

Yeah, I'm still leaning more toward the latter too. Even children when first born carry a slightly different scent then their mother does. It's just the way living animals are made up. And in Foster's world, IFs are living "animals" of sorts (humans, too), so I'd think that rule of nature would apply to them too.

Major Abbey
10-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Like I said earlier, I think it's just his natural instinct to be afraid of dogs. I know he's not a real rabbit, but he can obviously relate to them in some way (remember "Can't keep a good Mac down"?) so maybe he shares the same fears.

You've all made good points about how the dogs see - or smell - IFs, but I don't think Herriman knows that. He just sees a dog and instantly assumes it'll attack him just because he's a rabbit. The problem is not the dogs themselves, but his phobia of them, which is obviously very bad.

The whole episode really proves your point; the puppies weren't dangerous to IFs, and the first one (I can't remember its name, sorry) clearly got along with Eduardo, so they probably do see them as humans. Mr Herriman, on the other hand, sees them as a threat to his life because of his species ("someone has let loose hounds to destroy me!"), so he becomes terrified at the mere thought of one in the house. Put it this way; imagine you were trapped in a large place with someone - or something - who was trying to kill you. You'd hardly be very happy, would you? (and yes, I do know they weren't trying to kill him. I'm just seeing it from Herriman's point of view)

So, long story short; dogs aren't really a threat to IFs; it just depends on which species the IF is meant to be.

Another Castle
03-28-2010, 05:47 AM
What outfits have we seen him wear altogether? There's of course the "classic" suit, his pjamers, a Victorian-era swimsuit (which is more old-fashioned that the home itself!), and his hippy suit (LYHD). Any others?

fosters-fan
07-19-2012, 07:48 PM
To be honest, after rewatching Store Wars and Busted, I remember why Herriman isn't really my favorite character on the show. He calls Frankie a slacker when she's busting her butt doing all chores every single day! All he does is go around, marching around and giving orders like he's Napoleon or something!

Yeah, I know I'm gonna get the 'he's supposed to be bossy' answer, but he pretty much talks down to Frankie like it's his job. Oh, and remember this line from Destination: Imagination?

:herriman:: Miss Frances, you are paid to cook and to clean, not for your naive and misguided opinions about imaginary friends!

I don't know about you, but I view that as not only talking down to Frankie, but just downright sexist! :edmad:

taranchula
07-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Herriman was pretty much the poster boy of those product of his/her time individuals, in his case being brought up during a time where it was socially acceptable in some circles to treat those working under you as just mere workers who must unquestionably do things to their standards. I personally always enjoyed how out of touch he was with most facets of the modern world.

As a small aside, I've recently played both of the Batman: Arkham games (Asylum and City) and I found it funny that Tom Kane who does the voice of Warden Sharpe pretty much does the same voice as Herriman. Which begs the question if given the choice who would be the worst to look after, Bloo or The Joker? I mean on one hand you have the living embodiment of pure malevolence and chaos, and on the other you have a guy in a purple suit. Tough call. ;)

Cassini90125
07-19-2012, 08:35 PM
who would be the worst to look after, Bloo or The Joker? I mean on one hand you have the living embodiment of pure malevolence and chaos, and on the other you have a guy in a purple suit. Tough call. ;)

:lol:

That should be engraved on a plaque. 8D :up:

fosters-fan
07-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Herriman was pretty much the poster boy of those product of his/her time individuals, in his case being brought up during a time where it was socially acceptable in some circles to treat those working under you as just mere workers who must unquestionably do things to their standards. I personally always enjoyed how out of touch he was with most facets of the modern world.

Yes, but times have changed. Herriman's comment towards Frankie about being paid to clean and cook and not for her opinions was still pretty sexist to me. If I were Frankie, I would sue Herriman for sexism, because I'm pretty sure being sexist at work can get you in legal trouble. :frankiemad:

Also, if it was any other woman that Herriman talked down or made a sexist remark to, I'm sure she'd punch him square in the face and quit on the spot.

ismelllikecanada
03-11-2016, 10:10 AM
I love mr. funny bunny. He reminds me of some of my favorite professors during college. Strict but not heartless. Love it.

KazooBloo
11-21-2016, 03:58 PM
He's pretty great. I like how posh his character is. :herriman: