PDA

View Full Version : Where should we submit suggestions For fosters-home/housparty

montitech
10-05-2006, 12:21 PM
I have a few suggestions for the house party WEb Page that Sparky is upkeeping. Should those be posted here in the Forums, sent via Email or some other mechanism for these.

MOnty

Sparky
10-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Suggestions for my site? Well, I'd rather you just emailed me privately, and realised that my time is limited so I may have to turn your suggestions down... :P My email is in my profile if you don't know it. I do my best with all my websites as it is, and if I haven't done something already it may be because I don't have the time.

montitech
10-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanks you

RedboXen
10-06-2006, 01:24 AM
Sparky, have you ever considered setting up a Wiki for the game and letting the users contribute to it?

It does not have to be a totaly public one, you could limit it to "trusted" people....

Just a thought really.

Sparky
10-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Um, no, that's kind of what this section of the forum is for, for members to contribute information for the general public to see. I'm not interested in any "collaborative" projects on my website. I'm sorry if that means my site doesn't have every bit of information possible on it, but I've never meant my site to be 100% comprehensive. It's just one fan's site.

Sparky
11-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Sparky, have you ever considered setting up a Wiki for the game and letting the users contribute to it?

I admit that since this was posted my curiousity was piqued and I've been trying to find out how to put a wiki on a personal website. I'm apparently not bright enough to ferret out that information though. :P

If anyone can point me in the right direction for obtaining the software/whatever I need to run a personal wiki I'd like to have at least *some* sort of wiki on my site, perhaps for BFAHP and perhaps for Foster's in general. But if its something I have to pay for I may have to ask for donations. :P This has been one expensive fansite so far.

RedboXen
11-03-2006, 01:46 AM
Its not too different from installing vBulletin, you just have to get the software and configure it.

Which software depends on what your server runs. I know a few people who swear by TikiWiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TikiWiki), but Ive also heard that MediaWiki (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki) is better, its the most like Wikipedia as its based on the same orginal code..

Sparky
11-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Okay thanks, I'll look into those.