PDA

View Full Version : Head to Body Ratios for Mac/Frankie/Whoever...

lucyrocks73
10-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Just so we can get BACK ON TOPIC in the "Dude13's Awesome Series" thread, here's a thread to discuss that.

I did not put this in Mac's section, just because we were also discussing Frankie's head as we compared his head to body ratio...

I have a picture somewhere on my computer with a picture of the tree in the backyard of my neighbor's house that bears a certain resemblence to Mac's head.

Maybe Mac's head will somehow shrink as he ages, as Timmy's did on FOP.

Before:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/de/Timmy_Turner.gif

After:
http://www.capaddict.com/caps/albums/movies/fairly_oddparents/channel_chasers/normal_fairly_oddparents_channel_chasers_1598.jpg

I doubt that proves my point whatsoever, but it's interesting...

-Marty 8-)

Dude13
10-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Woohoo! There's hope for the little guy after all!

Ack, if only we knew what Charlie Brown looked like when he grew up - then we'd all feel a lot better about everyone's favorite eight-year-old.

vinny
10-04-2006, 11:52 AM
i actally have every dimention and all the geometry you could ever think of for mac. i dont think their heads get smaller, just their body gets bigger

Voxxyn
10-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Woohoo! There's hope for the little guy after all!

That's good, because I just can't imagine your stories NOT having Frankie inflicting her fiercely loving and big sisterly nature on Mac... ok, there's been a few, but you get my point.

I see Frankie's head can seem a little big sometimes, especially when she's crouching/hunching down(Which she does a lot). And of course, she has one looooooooooooong neck.

Kzinistzerg
10-04-2006, 01:10 PM
yah, she does. I did a few drawings of mac as a teenager after pondering this question, and I can tell you; if his head stays the same size he looks NORMAL. Weird, i mean, but cartoon-normal.

This STILL rasies the question of how his skull works. If he smiles really really alot the smile goes up waaay too much. Like, here:

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/406-0036.jpg

I mean, HOW DOES THAT WORK? If mac's face can go from

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/405-0081.jpg

to

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/402-0066.jpg

to

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/402-0083.jpg

to

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/403-0042.jpg

you KNOW someting physically impossible is going on.

Same for Bloo, though sicne he's an imaginary friend it dosn't really matter.
http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/403-0078.jpg
http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/401-0029.jpg

(linking is okay for screencaps, right sparky?)

Sparky
10-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Lol yes, linking is okay. You can post images if its really important to the discussion too - as long as its a discussion thread, and not like a game or something pointless. I don't think the bandwidth will kill me.

(8D - I'm just amused by this thread, don't mind me!)

lucyrocks73
10-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Lol yes, linking is okay. You can post images if its really important to the discussion too - as long as its a discussion thread, and not like a game or something pointless. I don't think the bandwidth will kill me.

(8D - I'm just amused by this thread, don't mind me!)

(*sigh of relief*)

When I first saw the word 'linking' when I was scrolling from the bottom up (a rather bad habit I have), I freaked out, because I thought that

a. I posted this in the wrong section AGAIN
b. I hotlinked or something, making poor Sparky have to pay extra $$$

I wonder how many threads Sparky has had to delete because of incompetent people like me...

Kzinistzerg, you made a good point- mouths on this show to funky things. It's weird. I can't make my mouth do anything like that.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d119/lucyrocks73/lips.jpg

See? (*yes, that is my mouth, if anyone was actually wondering*)

Although, I can make it yap a whole lot like Goo.

But I'm getting off topic. Mouths do not stretch as far as Bloo's does in that last image from Kzinistzerg. But... It's a cartoon, which I guess is the explaination for this whole thread.

That doesn't mean that we can't discuss it, though.

-Marty 8-)

EDIT: Uh... okay, the mouth pic wasn't exactly important to the discussion. But it related a little... right?

(*watches everyone shake their head no*)

Oops. I'll keep it up, though...

kageri
10-04-2006, 02:31 PM
Yeah, they're.... well, they're cartoon characters, and thusly are freakishly elastic.

The second-to-last picture keeps making me snicker because Bloo imitating Madame Foster was pretty much the greatest thing ever.

Dude13
10-04-2006, 03:31 PM
I definitely have a tremendous amount of agreeing to do with kzinstzerg upon the fact that even though there's a chance Mac's skull size will be fixed as he grows older, there's still a colossal amount of confusion on to how his head functions, mainly with his mouth.

This was the scene that really first made me notice it: http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/2/26-0021.jpg

It took me a while to realize that his mouth is actually curling above his eyeballs. Yikes!

But like I said before, at least we don't have to worry with the little guy being forced to life with an oversized noggin for the rest of his life - I think I may have very well have discovered the undeniable proof we need to show that Mac's going to be just fine when he grows older (concerning head proportion, that is)

For this, I think I'll have to take up Sparky's rare exception for posting screenshots if it's vital to the discussion (eek, sorry! I promise I'll be better in the future, only links!)

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/3/312-0049.jpg

See? Frankie as a baby had an atrociously horrendous body-to-head ratio, but she grew up to turn out just fine! (Well......her neck is still a bit long- but I don't mind, because that's the only way Mac's head can fit under there when they snuggle in my stories - as adopted little brother and sister, ack mind you, no F/M romance, yuck!)

So I think if Frankie can turn out all right, then I think there may very well be hope for all of them....that is......

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/408-0067.jpg

Poor Goo.... not only does she too suffer from the afflication of an oversized head, but her torso is nearly non-existant.

BlooCheese
10-04-2006, 03:44 PM
I think the unproportions make the characters unique.

lucyrocks73
10-04-2006, 04:00 PM
It's very cool- but the whole "Goo has no torso" thing cracked me up a little.

It's amazing her body doesn't fall over from the weight of her head.

And I must say, her legs are so skinny and long that the first time I saw her I thought that her legs would break at any second. They're like spagetti noodles.

Also, have you seen the way she walks? I think she waddles. Although, I could easily see her as a dancer, because although she does not seem graceful (*Marty snorts at herself because she is a dancer and is the FARTHEST THING from graceful*), she just has something about the way her knees bend that make it seem like she can do the best axles in the world. I do have to wonder, though- is she REALLY that tall, or do her cowboy boots make her seem taller?

-Marty 8-)

Dude13
10-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Poor litle kid....ha, it looks like her head may very well take up half her body weight, even more. So how is she able to stand upright? Her torso barely has enough room for her miniscule vital organs, never mind any badly-needed extra muscle.

And yeah, she does have a bit of a weird walk - but when she runs, like when Mac chases her all over the house in "Go Goo Go", it's much, much more bizarre - her legs and arms move extremely fluidly, as if she doesn't have any bones in her limbs.

Then again, though, she's not the only one dealing with such an issue - Frankie tends to walk casually from time to time (and sometimes when she runs, though only at certain angles) in a way where her legs also move really fluidly, almost like a pair of noodles, very much like Goo.

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/1/11-0041.jpg

Ack, sorry, that was the only example of it I could find.

Back to Goo though - yeah, I think her cowboy boots DO add some extra height, as can probably be seen most clearly here. http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/3/37-0033.jpg

But the problem is, we don't know exactly hwo much it adds, and until then, with her oversized head taken in effect, it makes her seem bigger than she probably really is.

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/404-0063.jpg - See? Right here, she and Frankie look as if they're nearly identical in height.

lucyrocks73
10-04-2006, 04:30 PM
It's the cartoon running thing.

That Goo/Frankie picture was odd, because if you look at this picture, it seems as if Goo comes up to about Frankie's shoulder- they are NOT the same height.
http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/404-0033.jpg

And THIS WILL BE THE LAST PICTURE I POST for a while, because I do not want to overuse the bandwidth that Sparky is so graciously letting us use. Links only now from me.

-Marty 8-)

Dude13
10-04-2006, 04:37 PM
Ack, be that as it may, the cowboy boots are most definitely adding some unnecessary height there - I hope.

Frankie is twenty-two. Goo is eight.

But Frankie doesn't exactly have that much of a great height advantage despite a span of fourteen years.

lucyrocks73
10-04-2006, 04:39 PM
I just realized something- it is never quite stated that Goo is eight. We always assumed that...

So she may be older or younger for all we know (but I'm doubting the latter). However, if she is older, that would partically explain why she is so much taller than Mac.

Or she could just be really tall.

Or this is just a cartoon and I'm just having fun with this.

Yep.

-Marty 8-)

Dude13
10-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Ack, I just checked her article on Wikipedia and found nothing there, ufnortunately. You're right, we always just assumed she was as old as Mac - other than that, we have absolutely no proof whatsoever.

So if she's older, than that may explain her height - but how much older than Mac can she possibly be? Then again, her personality doesn't exactly hint at any higher age.

Yikes - if she's actually younger, that actually leaves us with more questions than when we started with.

That, or the simple conclusion that she's freakishly tall for her age.

lucyrocks73
10-04-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm freakishly short.

The simulaties between Goo and Marty stopped somewhere in the discussions about how skinny and tall Goo is.

And I am now referring to myself in third person, and that is kind of strange.

I sure hope she's eight.

'Cause if not... Well, Dude13 and I have a TON of work to do (*editing*)...

-Marty 8-)

Dude13
10-04-2006, 04:57 PM
(Groan) Oh man, I don't even want to start thinking about the work we'd have ahead of us......if anyone has undeniable proof of what her true age is....and if it isn't eight.....please don't tell us!

lucyrocks73
10-04-2006, 05:01 PM
Dude, I don't think anyone but Craig and Lauren can tell us that.

(*whips out pen and paper and starts writing a letter*)

Hey, it'll be more work re-writing the stories than writing to ask...If even THEY know...

-Marty 8-)

Dude13
10-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Maybe they'll show mercy and tell us she is eight....just for the sake of humoring us.

Even then, I'd be blissfully happy....ignorant, but happy.

Ack....how many times I've refered to her as an eight-year-old, I can't begin to count.

Ha.....marty, do you realize now we're talking about our story more than we were in the fan-fiction forum?

lucyrocks73
10-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Something's messed up here. We couldn't stay on-topic in the fanfic forum, and now we can't stay on topic here.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH US??

And have you also noticed that we've actually filled up a page or so with just the two of us yapping back and forth??

HA.

-Marty 8-)

Dude13
10-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Ha, this thread isn't even a day old.

Oh, yeah....someone please add some input here before Marty and I need to move this thread back!

One Radical Dude
10-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Guys, if you can't post anything related to the topic, I'm going to close it. Dude, I don't want you posting more than one post on the same topic withing two minutes. :macwor: Thank you.

lucyrocks73
10-04-2006, 05:42 PM
(*Salutes*)

Exactly...

Y'see, this is a problem I have in life...

And to get back on topic, I think that Frankie (other than the freaky running thing mentioned earlier) is the only person who actually has a normal (non-cartoonish, I mean) body...

And is Mac just short for his age? I don't really think so, because any other time we've seen other children (excpet Goo) they've been the same height.

Opinions, please, before Dude13 and I get off-topic again??

-Marty 8-)

Cassini90125
10-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Option #1 - Goo ia 12 years old, not 8.

Option #2 - Goo has a glandular condition, or is just genetically tall.

Option #3 - Don't try to read logic into a cartoon. ;)

billytheskink
10-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Yeah, they're.... well, they're cartoon characters, and thusly are freakishly elastic.
And thus, why they are cartoons and not live actors.

Cartoons are drawn to do things that are not possible in real life, that's why animation was invented.

No human on Foster's is realistically proportioned, and that's great.
Frankie's a well-drawn cartoon; her neck is too long, nose is too small, eyes are too big, hair is an unnatural color, um... chest is um... "pointy", legs are toothpick-like... yadda yadda yadda.

Cassini90125
10-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Frankie's a well-drawn cartoon; her neck is too long, nose is too small, eyes are too big, hair is an unnatural color, um... chest is um... "pointy", legs are toothpick-like... yadda yadda yadda.

And it all works together perfectly. :frankiesmile:

lucyrocks73
10-05-2006, 02:47 AM
Option #3 - Don't try to read logic into a cartoon. ;)

Ah, but isn't it fun to muse over this??

-Marty 8-)

HappyFoppy
10-05-2006, 04:01 AM
Wait, Goo is 12? How can you know? Well, it is clear she's somewhat older than Mac, but if she's 12, then why would Frankie thing Goo is Mac's girlfriend? Well, he fell in love with Frankie who's 14 years older than him, so...
Omg, he's a weird kid sometimes. ;D

pitbulllady
10-05-2006, 04:05 AM
I'm gonna weigh in on this with my personal take on the whole proportions thing.

First, it's pretty much well-known that cartoonists and animators(which are NOT the same thing)exaggerate certain features of a character, and usually this includes making the characters' heads bigger in proportion than they would be IF these were living people, or animals, or whatevers. Many Western animators also tend to leave off drawing things that are not absolulely necessary to make the character "believable", if you will, like fingernails, eye lashes(especially on male characters, even though males have eye lashes, too), nostrils, etc. This is certainly the case with the Foster's characters, both human and otherwise. I tend to look at it this way: I know that those features are intentionally exaggerated, and therefore I know that if these WERE real, live people, Mac's head would not be so huge, Frankie's neck would not be that long, Goo and Wilt would both have much larger torsos to accomodate vital organs, Madame Foster would be taller, and so on and so forth. The logistics of how So-and-So would be able to hug Whats-Her-Face doesn't bother me, because I tend to automatically assign "real people" proportions to them, mentally. It's like that pencil drawing of Wilt relaxing on a chair that's on my DA gallery, and that drawing of him made by one of my sixth-grade students last year, in which both of us chose to assign more realistic proportions and anatomical features, like muscles and lips, to him while still making him look like Wilt, rather than just a very tall human with a missing arm. We both gave him a torso that was more in proportion, with enough space for a set of lungs and other vital organs, without making him look unrecognizable. I've seen plenty of art on DA in which Mac and Frankie were drawn with realistic human proportions, for their respective ages, and these still were recognizable as Mac and Frankie, even without the deliberately exaggerated features or left-out features that are so common in animation. I guess to some extent many of you are "spoiled" by Anime', since Japanese animators spare no expense in creating their products, and draw/animate many more details, and include realistic proportions, so examples of Western animation seem "off". I don't watch Anime', and didn't have it when I was a kid(other than "Speed Racer"), so I don't tend to find the over-large heads and other typical features of American animation to be strange.

As for Goo's height, it's a well-known biological fact that girls grow much faster than boys, up until puberty, when boys usually experience a rapid growth spurt that puts them ahead of the girls in terms of height. In my fourth-grade classes, many of the girls are a LOT taller than the boys, and some are nearly as tall as I am! At the Jr. High, though, only a few of my eighth-grade girls are as tall as, or taller, than their male classmates. Compared to Frankie, Goo's height does not seem that extreme.

pitbulllady

lucyrocks73
10-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Good point.

I actually do not watch anime (I get what you mean, though)...

I'm just discussing this for fun- I know it's only a cartoon, and this is somewhat of a non-important discussion that will never come to a conclusion.

But it's fun.

Ha, I was ALWAYS (and still am) the shortest person in my age-group.

-Marty 8-)

Kzinistzerg
10-05-2006, 03:52 PM
I know. I don't watch anime, but I'm and art student; I look at these weird thigns and I have a tendency to notice stuff like that.

Like I said, I drew mac as terrence's age and he looked normal. That was one of the parts i nmy post.

also it's FUN to discuss these thigns!

billytheskink
10-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Like that post Pitbulllady.

I certainly leave off many "unneccessary" features during my forays into cartooning.

Imaginary Light
10-07-2006, 02:21 PM
This'll be my contribution to the conversation, and since we're talking about odd body proportions and all...have you all ever noticed that Madame Foster's legs resemble the tips of pencils?

Dude13
10-08-2006, 06:15 AM
Madame Foster's unusually pointy feet? Ha, noticed very much so on numerosu occasions.

I also just realized how interesting it is that on a show revolving around the concept of imaginary friends, all of whom are naturally uniquely bizarre, we can't help but notice the odd little details about the human characters, those who are supposed to be normal (Mac's head, Goo's torso, Frankie's neck, etc.)

Well, and as stated before, it's a blast to point out.

Kzinistzerg
10-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Well, imaginary friends have liscence to be as weird as they can, becuase kids don't have much of an idea of anatomy or physics. In fact, I;m suprised at the deep character and wide variety of imaginary friends, considering so many are made at a young age. Somoene like Bloo I imagine would be rare, but it seems like many of the imaginary friends come complete with a personailty beyond what a normal three-year-old or more would know of; witness scribbles.

Back to weird people, I had this dream that included Mac as a teenager for some reason and he looked normal. It was kinda weird.

Dude13
10-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Normal as in correct head-to-body ratio? Because I think the ongoing theory here is that as the characters grow up (from usually being large-headed children), that all eventually evens out.

Medikor
10-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Well, the disproportionate bodies are just a stylization. And the younger characters, I assume, have bigger heads compared to their bodie's because real baby's and young children have large heads. It's just a way to help represent the characters ages.
I never had a problom with the size of Frankie's neck. It never struck me as obscure. The only thing about Frankie that doe's is her leg's. And that's only on rare occations like when she was in her bathing-suit laying on the beach in "Squeeze the Day".
I think that maybe the reason I don't really think about these things is because I take the characters (As real as they are) as cartoon characters. I guess I just never questioned these things after haveing 22 years of cartoon watching under my belt. Plus, exzagerated faceal expresions are funny. I always laugh when Bloo's mouth is 2/3' the size of his body.8D

Nyo
10-08-2006, 06:02 PM
I agree with Sparky, this thread amuses me to no end.

Invader Bloo
10-08-2006, 06:19 PM
I think Mac's will shrink. Unless the crew wants an IZ joke & have Mac's head get bigger when he grows up. (Ala Dib)

Voxxyn
10-08-2006, 06:25 PM
The only thing about Frankie that doe's is her leg's. And that's only on rare occations like when she was in her bathing-suit laying on the beach in "Squeeze the Day".

I have to admit, she looked weird there. I think her very thin legs were why she was drawn in oversized short shorts instead of, um, a more "traditional" bikini bottom.

She looked MUCH better at the very end of the episode when the gang returns, which I think is because she was standing and she was wearing the green hoody over her.

kageri
10-08-2006, 09:39 PM
I have to admit, she looked weird there. I think her very thin legs were why she was drawn in oversized short shorts instead of, um, a more "traditional" bikini bottom.

She looked MUCH better at the very end of the episode when the gang returns, which I think is because she was standing and she was wearing the green hoody over her.

Yeah, a bikini bottom would look weird on her because her legs are so thin and far apart... and I don't think she has any hips. Also, I'm kinda surprised nobody's mentioned Mac's lack of ears as another anomaly. Except they're not really anomalies, or at least I don't think so because I never thought about them much. For cartoon characters, most of the Foster's cast are pretty normal-looking.

Dude13
10-09-2006, 03:32 AM
. Also, I'm kinda surprised nobody's mentioned Mac's lack of ears as another anomaly. .

I think for that particular case, Mac's hair just covers them up, or at least I sincerely hope that's the problem, at least for Mac's sake. Lord only knows how many screenshots I checked, but as of yet I have yet to find one that even so much as hints at the presence of ears on the little guy.

Medikor
10-09-2006, 07:24 AM

She did look better at the end of the episode. She just looked "right". I think the sunglasses may have thrown me off a little too. They don't really look like her style. Maddam Foster on the other hand would probobly wear them.8D

Kzinistzerg
10-09-2006, 04:22 PM
..Yeah! Mac dosn't have any ears. But i'd also think his hair covers them up, becuase it would suck to have terrence ears. I know guys with semi-long-ish hair and it covers their ears.

he looked normal as in "not weird", within the confines of normal cartoon proportions. He wasn't at the edge.

Nyo
10-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Mac's hair just covers them up.

Seems logical.

BlooCheese
10-09-2006, 05:25 PM
I think for that particular case, Mac's hair just covers them up, or at least I sincerely hope that's the problem, at least for Mac's sake.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Oh yeah! EARS! I've forgotten people had ears. With longish hair being in style, you just don't see those funky flaps of skin and cartilage anymore.

Cassini90125
10-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Anybody notice that Frankie's ears changed at one point? The older episodes have them drawn differently than they are now. I like the new set a little more than the originals.

Dude13
10-09-2006, 05:56 PM
You're right, I almost completely forgot about that - the whole issue of Frankie's ear transformation.

Yeah, in the second season they definitely changed permantly. Well, except for the exceptions of "World Wide Wabbit" and "Who Let the Dogs in?" - but that was only because I'm pretty sure those two were originally made after the rest of the original season, but for some reason were aired with all the other first-season episodes.

Ack, I cant describe how confused I was before the secodn season, and the change was permanent.

Voxxyn
10-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Since we're on the subject of Frankie's ears, I have a question: are those tiny black strands and that black dot on both of them... piercings?

Cassini90125
10-09-2006, 06:19 PM
Since we're on the subject of Frankie's ears, I have a question: are those tiny black strands and that black dot on both of them... piercings?

That's what I've always assumed. I believe the strands are small loop earrings while the dots are studs of some type. They're one reason I added earrings to her Sim (that and because I really wanted to give her some jewelry :frankiesmile: ).

Dude13
10-09-2006, 06:19 PM
That was always my guess, and if that's the case, then she certainly doesn't have any problems with wearing as many as she can, seeing as she wore those and some fancier ones in "Frankie My Dear."

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/2/26-0009.jpg

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/2/26-0057.jpg

....At least I assume those black things are earrings.

Cassini90125
10-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Yeah, the big gold ones in the second picture, those were gorgeous on her. I'm not sure if any of the other characters underwent similar changes that I haven't noticed.

Dude13
10-09-2006, 06:26 PM
I think that was the biggest change in physical appearance any of the characters went through, unless I also haven't noticed or forgotten something.

Voxxyn
10-09-2006, 07:25 PM
In any case, I think the "special features" of Frankie's facial appearance--those earrings and distinctively thick eyelashes--look good on her. I'm usually not into that stuff as I think it's easy to overdo it, but she does it just right.

Sparky
10-09-2006, 07:40 PM
I think that was the biggest change in physical appearance any of the characters went through, unless I also haven't noticed or forgotten something.

I rather think the redesign of Terrence's hair between the first and later seasons was a fairly big change, myself.

Dude13
10-10-2006, 03:19 AM
I rather think the redesign of Terrence's hair between the first and later seasons was a fairly big change, myself.

Whoa......COMPLETELY missed that big one ENTIRELY.

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/1/00-0003.jpg

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/3/35-0059.jpg

Yeah, now that I actually took the time and effort to check, a huge change definitely occured there at some point. Ack, can't beleive I missed that....

Medikor
10-10-2006, 05:38 AM
I was wondering about her bang's. You know, those strands of hair that went down past her ears? They don't seem to be there half the time.

Dude13
10-10-2006, 09:02 AM
I was wondering about her bang's. You know, those strands of hair that went down past her ears? They don't seem to be there half the time.

Yeah, I think those are also part of the major change Frankie went through betweens seasons one and two, along with the permanent change in her ears.

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/1/00-0025.jpg
http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/1/11-0012.jpg
http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/1/110-0025.jpg

They were there the first season and in the pilot, but since then they've vanished completely.

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/2/21-0053.jpg
http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/2/23-0053.jpg
http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/2/26-0019.jpg

Strange....

Voxxyn
10-10-2006, 09:04 AM
I believe the strands were present in Season 1, and then mostly phased out ever since. And like Dude13 said, they might've been absent in "WWW" and "WLTDI" because they were made after the other Season 1 episodes.

And I say MOSTLY because I've seen them make the ocassional brief re-appearance. They can be seen clearly in "Duchess of Wails", when she walks into the foyer only to be instantly shooed off-screen by Duchess... but they're not seen for any of Frankie's other scenes in that episode.

Dude13
10-10-2006, 09:14 AM
And I say MOSTLY because I've seen them make the ocassional brief re-appearance. They can be seen clearly in "Duchess of Wails", when she walks into the foyer only to be instantly shooed off-screen by Duchess... but they're not seen for any of Frankie's other scenes in that episode.

Whoa, you're absolutely right about that.

I just checked it on YouTube, and they're definitely there for just that brief moment, and we have all yet to see them since.

That's.....very, very odd that the animators would do that.

Cassini90125
10-10-2006, 09:20 AM
Whoa, you're absolutely right about that.

I just checked it on YouTube, and they're definitely there for just that brief moment, and we have all yet to see them since.

That's.....very, very odd that the animators would do that.

I believe the technical term is "Oops!". ;D

I don't really have a strong opinion on the bangs. If I had to choose I'd say keep them, but losing them doesn't detract from her appearance in the slightest.

Medikor
10-10-2006, 10:59 AM
It probobly just depends on who's animating her at the time. I don't think she NEEDS them, but they are cute. But when they're gone they just seem to make Frankie look... I don't know, happier? Maybe she just dosan't sloutch as much...

Fomalhaut
10-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Okay - as for me, Goo seemed 13, but that's just my opinion.

As for the way she walks: notice that the cowboy boots' edge someway is ABOVE her knees? That's the reason why.
And, I know there are scenes in which she curves her knees, but you can notice the cowboy boots become shorter there. If she stands, or walks, you can see they're too high. And, if we don't count their heels, she's only a little taller than Mac.

Dude13
10-11-2006, 09:55 AM
And, if we don't count their heels, she's only a little taller than Mac.

That explanation is good enough for me.

Now, if only we could figure out how she manages to support that large a head on so tiny a torso - ack, although it is a cartoon, that particular issue still bothers me more than it probably should.

Fomalhaut
10-11-2006, 11:37 AM
As for the tiny torso, Goo's buld reminds me of DeeDee from Dexter.

Dude13
10-12-2006, 03:19 AM
Whoa, I never made that connection before.

However, I don't think Goo is older than Mac - to me she doesn't act like mature enough to be in her early teens, I always simply pictured her as just being naturally taller than Mac, which isn't that much without her trademark cowboy boots.

Kzinistzerg
10-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Yeah, maybe slightly older but not by much. Mac sure acts older.

Dude13
10-12-2006, 04:37 PM
It feels like a lot of people went with the "Goo is older" theory. I dunno, for some reason that never occured to me, I just looked at her and automatically assumed that she was simply taller than him.

lucyrocks73
10-18-2006, 05:47 PM
I guess it comes from the fact that she is immature when it comes to actions.

Of course, she could just be older and have a maturity level of someone much younger than her.

I don't know, just an idea.

-Marty :goo:

Dude13
10-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Augh, it'd just be nice if we had that one basic fact on how old she was. Unfortuantely, all we can do is guess and hoep something comes up in a future episode to give us a clue.

Medikor
10-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Maybe we'll get a birthday episode for Goo. I could see the Foster's gang holding a party for her. And that could possibly reveal her age.

lucyrocks73
10-19-2006, 06:05 PM
And that would make me smile, because it would save me a TON of work for the upcoming fic I'm writing (okay, was writing... I haven't touched anything in two months...).

How much do you think Wilt weighs? I mean, he's so tall and skinny...

I'm surprised he doesn't fall over. Or maybe he's so tall that he can just take a step and that will keep him balanced.

pitbulllady
10-19-2006, 06:46 PM
And that would make me smile, because it would save me a TON of work for the upcoming fic I'm writing (okay, was writing... I haven't touched anything in two months...).

I'm surprised he doesn't fall over. Or maybe he's so tall that he can just take a step and that will keep him balanced.

According to Wilt's "Coco Card", he is..and I quote..."130 pounds of lean muscle", and he is 10 feet tall. Wilt IS amazingly strong in spite of his deceptively skinny appearance; YOU try moving a full-sized refrigerator(one full of stuff at that)with just one arm! As I stated way back in this post, I tend to look at the characters more as charicatures or exaggerations, and think of what they'd be like if they were indeed alive. I doubt that Wilt's head would be that large, or his torso that small in proportion to the rest of him, or his legs that long, and he'd probably have a noticeably sinewey,lean build, which is typical for many basketball players.

pitbulllady

LaBlooGirl
10-20-2006, 04:00 AM
yah, she does. I did a few drawings of mac as a teenager after pondering this question, and I can tell you; if his head stays the same size he looks NORMAL. Weird, i mean, but cartoon-normal.

This STILL rasies the question of how his skull works. If he smiles really really alot the smile goes up waaay too much. Like, here:

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/406-0036.jpg

I mean, HOW DOES THAT WORK? If mac's face can go from

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/405-0081.jpg

to

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/402-0066.jpg

to

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/402-0083.jpg

to

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/403-0042.jpg

you KNOW someting physically impossible is going on.

Same for Bloo, though sicne he's an imaginary friend it dosn't really matter.
http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/403-0078.jpg
http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/401-0029.jpg

(linking is okay for screencaps, right sparky?)

Aw those were cute pictures, and great comparisons! :bloogrin

Dude13
10-20-2006, 04:07 AM

Never thought of WIlt to be one with a natural balancing problem - I always personally thought Goo would be the one to have such an issue as she's so thin yet she has such a sizable cranium to support on such a skinny frame.

Good thing this is a cartoon, or else it feels like the poor little girl wouldn't even be able to stand up under the weight of her own head.

HappyFoppy
10-23-2006, 02:27 AM
Maybe we'll get a birthday episode for Goo. I could see the Foster's gang holding a party for her. And that could possibly reveal her age.

"I Only Have Surprise for Goo."

*brick*

Well, anyway, compare this

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/406-0036.jpg (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/../screengrabs/4/406-0036.jpg)

with this.

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/4/408-0079.jpg

It's likely a weirdo style of drawing. :cheesegrin:

Dude13
10-23-2006, 03:29 AM
Yeah, a bunch of the characters seem to be able to stretch their mouths back an almost omprobably distance, even for cartoons (Mac can actucally stretch his past his eyes.)

Kzinistzerg
10-23-2006, 03:50 PM
That's my point. his skull is physically impossible.

Did anyone else notice that frankie and bloo and mac underwent Facial animation changes? House of bloos does not include mac's teeth; his mouth doe not open down and it kinda moves arpound, whereas in later episodes he actually has a jaw. same for frankie. bloo's shape changed a bit, too.

EDIT: OMG, failiac? sorry, I meant Facial, i guess I have to check my writing...

Cassini90125
10-23-2006, 04:40 PM
I had not noticed that, but it gives me a good excuse to watch House Of Bloo's again. :)

lucyrocks73
10-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Ditto.

I think that there are a TON of things I need to re-watch to catch things in them.

I haven't seen the earlier episodes in a while (*brick*), but I will re-watch them.

When the Season 1 DVD comes out- I'm too lazy to try and tape all of them.

KazooBloo
12-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Wish the pictures were still in OP so I knew what you were talking about. :wiltshock: