PDA

View Full Version : Why was Foster's cancled?

Imaginary Dream
10-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Why was that creative little cartoon canceled? Do any of you know? I have heard many different possible reasons but I still am not sure.

Lynnie
10-28-2012, 11:55 AM
We use to be real strict about members searching through existing posts to find an answer before starting a whole new thread. But as the forum is so slow lately, it hasn't been enforced for a while. But there are many threads about this very thing on here already.

I'd start with this (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3069) thread, especially post number 47 (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showpost.php?p=75548&postcount=47) as it was done by Craig McCracken himself. There is also this (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3770) thread, started by Lauren Faust herself, and also this (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3764) thread, all of which contain info as to why the show came to an end. It wasn't really "cancelled". They just stopped production, really. And it had a good run while it lasted. It lasted much longer than most other shows now days, and for that we are all right proud. :)

Imaginary Dream
10-28-2012, 12:07 PM
Oops sorry!:(

Thanks! I have looked around the forum a bit but i haven't seen these. :-[

Do you think it is at all possible for either Lauren or Craig or someone else to continue the series if they'd wish?

Lynnie
10-28-2012, 12:14 PM
There's the search function on the forum, in the upper right hand corner. Don't worry about it though. :smed:

It's been speculated that there could be a reunion show or "movie" after five or ten years of either the show premiering or ending, but we have no proof of it and neither Craig or Lauren have even confirmed an interest in doing that. Other than that slight possibility, no, I''m afraid our favorite show won't be making a come back.

Imaginary Dream
10-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Too bad.:(
After a bit of fanficing (Is that even a word? 8D) I have some cute stories that would make some good episodes!

Cassini90125
10-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Given that Craig and Cartoonless Network didn't part company on the best of terms, I think the chance of a reunion movie is unfortunately very low. :bloosad:

Imaginary Dream
10-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Really? What happened? :wiltshock:

One Radical Dude
10-31-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm not sure if I'm right on the money, but before Craig and Cartoon Network went in separate directions, Craig was part of a team that was working with the Cartoonstitute project, but only a small part of what came from that project survived, and Craig was no longer involved. Also, this was at a time when CN began to push for more live-action programming (they're less aggressive on that than they were at that time). Craig wasn't the only one that departed. Many people that were with CN -- Tom Warburton, Maxwell Atoms, Carl Greenblatt, Khaki Jones -- they're with Disney now, along with Craig and Lauren (and Craig is creator of an upcoming series, Wander Over Yonder). I still watch CN, though not as much as I used to.

Imaginary Dream
10-31-2012, 05:59 PM
Yeah, CN is not what it use to be. The new cartoons are so dry and uncreative.:P
CN let go some of their best.

AcornBulb
11-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Why was that creative little cartoon canceled? Do any of you know? I have heard many different possible reasons but I still am not sure.

The main reason, in my opinion, would be that Foster's seemes to be going down slowly. I suppose it ain't so popular anymore, so no more viewers on CN. That goes on to the lack of money, so therefore they had to close it.

I don't know if anyone here agrees with it, but we can't do much to bring it back. The staff of CN is not influenced by what their viewers say.

Imaginary Dream
11-03-2012, 09:08 AM
The main reason, in my opinion, would be that Foster's seemes to be going down slowly. I suppose it ain't so popular anymore, so no more viewers on CN. That goes on to the lack of money, so therefore they had to close it.

I don't know if anyone here agrees with it, but we can't do much to bring it back. The staff of CN is not influenced by what their viewers say.

That could be. But I've seen many different cartoons that are more likely to stop production for this reason yet are still continuing. (Like Jonny Test and a few others.)

Do you think it is in the least bit possible for a new writer to continue the series in the same style as Craig and Lauren or perhaps even run the script by them?

AcornBulb
11-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Not really, since he doesn't own Craig's brain. :D Just kidding. It could be a success, but it has chances to fail aswell.

Imaginary Dream
11-03-2012, 09:18 AM
True, although I don't think Bloo can remain quiet forever. He'd rather grab onto a CN worker's leg and yell at them to continue his show. 8D

Anything is possible. ;)

LeoHoffmeister
05-13-2013, 01:13 PM
We'll miss the cartoon as well ey? Anyways,we can't see the future,but we can preserve a bit of the past. (:

KazooBloo
12-06-2016, 11:52 AM
Twas indeed a sad day when the last episode aired all those years ago.