PDA

View Full Version : Episode Discussion: Frankie My Dear

Mr. Marshmallow
09-24-2006, 12:33 PM
I think everyone knew this was coming sooner or later :frankiesmile:.

Anyone who knows me knows me posting this episode discussion is something you'd expect from me.

EDIT

Sorry about the mix up and I hope this makes up for it. I personally thought this was a fantastic episode, besides the fact Frankie is more or less the star for once. I thought the idea of actually showing her with a "date" was something I wasn't expecting from the show and enjoyed it.

I also thought Orlando Bloo was a hilarious character to use and it played off Bloo's attitude well. Seeing Frankie in a dress was one of the reasons that hooked me onto her character, it was a big change for her and the results are clearly signifgant. Just ask Bloo and Mac ^^.

Cassini90125
09-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Perhaps you might consider starting the discussion? This looks like a "subject-only" thread thus far. ;)

taranchula
09-24-2006, 01:30 PM
For me when I think of this episode, I think none other then one of Foster's most defining moments. That's right the famous "dinner date" scene in act three, in which the world was introduced to the ultra charismatic alter ego of Blooregard Q. Kazoo.... Orlando Bloo.

Sure everything leading up to that was pure gold in its own right, but this near eight minuet scene was like a Fort Knox of comedy.

Mr. Marshmallow
09-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Check my post out.

I fixed it, sorry again :(.

Cassini90125
09-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Check my post out.

I fixed it, sorry again :(.

An honest mistake, born of enthusiasm for a worthy subject, don't worry about it. :)

I loved the episode. I especially liked the part at the end where Frankie smacked that loser Dylan upside his face. That, plus we get to see her all dressed up twice. Everyone crushing on her was cute (and who can blame them?), and, of course, there's the debut of Orlando Bloo. What more could you ask for? It was funny and touching, and it's one of my favorite episodes. :frankiesmile:

Mr. Marshmallow
09-24-2006, 01:55 PM
That, plus we get to see her all dressed up twice. Everyone crushing on her was cute (and who can blame them?)

Here here, I definitely agree with you. I think it was thanks to this episode that my passion and obsession with Frankie truly took root. I think it was here evryone (including Mac and Bloo) realized just how special and hot Frankie was in this episode.

They never realized just what it is to be loved or to love someone and while they are clearly underage, it's no surprise they would cherish her so deeply after she showed them both different sides of her that they never thought possible. Plus, this episode showed Frankie's sweet n'sensitive side better then any other ep.

Kissing Mac for helping with her paperwork, and how she rightuflly kicked her dead beat date upside the head for bashing on her friends. This really showed how big of a heart she has. I really hope we see more of Frankie doing stuff like this, it seems to bring out the best in her and her friends.

Voxxyn
09-24-2006, 02:32 PM
I had to restrain myself from cheering wildly when she put that idiot Dylan in his place. It's just refreshing to see an incredibly hot girl that DOESN'T fall for jerks. And it was just terrific to know that, despite how crappy her job is, no matter how uptight Mr. Herriman is on her, and no matter how annoying some of her friends can be--she cares too much about them and the Foster's cause to give it all up just for a boyfriend.

That's true class and, yes, true beauty. Rewatching her in the little black dress, in light of her actions at the very end, only infinitely multiplied my infatuation with her physical beauty and admiration for her wonderful personality. Simply put, I love her. :-*

And of course, the comedy was great. Not just Orlando Bloo; the entire episode was just "on" from start to finish.

kageri
09-25-2006, 01:36 PM
Definitely one of my favorites; although it was cute how she was all nervous before her date, it was so great to see that Frankie cares much more about her friends than romance, especially since a lot of female cartoon characters are stereotypical in that way. And it was also cute how everyone was crushing on her, and it was also cute seeing her in her little black dress. Actually, this episode is pretty much just cute all-around.

Dylan really blew it.

BlooCheese
09-25-2006, 03:10 PM
One of my favorite episodes! I absolutely loved it. Not only was it humorous, but it still taught a good moral. And it showed how awesome Frankie is, not that she isn't of course.

Medikor
09-25-2006, 04:48 PM
This episode was wepons grade! It had the laughs, the beutie, and the introduction of a great running gag. This was one of the first episodes I ever watched. And I became hooked on Frankie when she said she was 22. I'm the same age, so it made me relate to her in that way. And I also fell in love with her too. Well, as in love with a cartoon as is possable without loosing grip on reality. But who need's reality anyway.8D

Mr. Marshmallow
09-25-2006, 05:57 PM
I can't help but nod and jump for joy as I agree with absolutely everything you guys are saying! I don't think this episode is aired enough, nor do the creators realize just what an amazing and deep impact it has had on all of us.

Frankie's shyness was absolutely adorable, I fell in love with her in seconds after seeing that. The dresses were just superb. It was a genius idea to reveal Frankie is actually a fox, considering how we usually see her dressed.

Clothes don't make the man but they sure do flatter the female. Mac being lovey dovey over Frankie was very cute, and as sick as this may sound, very believeable in my book. Younger kids often find attraction with adults.

They might not know any better, but at least this time you can tell that they had good tastes :).

Kzinistzerg
09-25-2006, 06:34 PM
Yeah, i've seen people in my class (year) being all mooshy over much older people. I've never expirienced it but it's understandable. *shakes fist at hormones*

From what i've seen, this episode looks like pretty much best ever... can someone PLEASE uplod it to Youtube or somewhere else?

billytheskink
09-26-2006, 07:18 AM
Mac being lovey dovey over Frankie was very cute, and as sick as this may sound, very believeable in my book. Younger kids often find attraction with adults.
Not sick at all, but, as you said very believable. I worked at an elementary school several years back, saw such things all the time.

"Frankie My Dear" was a great episode. Funny, compelling; one of my favorites. I seem to recall anticipating it quite a bit, probably more than I've anticipated any other Foster's.

I was quite amused that Dylan (that was his name, was it not?) looked an awful lot like Sam Hornish Jr.
I've also discovered that I'm the only one amused by this.

Cassini90125
09-26-2006, 07:25 AM
Not sick at all, but, as you said very believable. I worked at an elementary school several years back, saw such things all the time.

What kid hasn't had a crush on a teacher or other adult at some time? I know I did, once or twice. I thought Mac's was cute, too. :)

Medikor
09-26-2006, 08:39 AM
And besides: What sain person wouldant develope a crush on Frankie?8D I can't wait to see this episode again. It was so funny.

Voxxyn
09-27-2006, 08:04 PM
Frankie's shyness was absolutely adorable

That, in my opinion, is what I think is at the core of what makes her a great character. Even in an episode like this, where it's easy for the crush to be portrayed as completely larger-than-life, we still get to see her human side.

Frankie seems to have a very vulnerable air to her character, which is very unlike many female cartoon girls that can be deemed attractive. And I can't help but love her for that. I'd hug her, not only because she's so freaking cute, but also because sometimes she looks like she really needs a hug.

Seeing as how underappreciated she is and the very unglamorous nature of her role(Especially considering what they unfortunately chose for her next starring role), we should be thankful that this episode was made in the first place. I just hope that future Frankie episodes will do justice to her character, like this and "Setting A President" did.

Medikor
09-28-2006, 07:30 AM
IT is like they put a lot of work into Frankie. Was she intended to be such a fleshed-out character, or was that just the result of this great episode? Either way, they struck gold.:D

Voxxyn
09-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Well, the early concept drawings of Frankie on the production blog indicate that she was going to be a COMPLETELY different character from what we now know and love. It seems that, at one point, she was going to be as evil as Vicky from The Fairly OddParents--and perhaps that explains the striking resemblance between both.

Let's just say I'm glad that they radically changed her for the final and current design. While I appreciate learning about the origins of my favorite characters, I see very little of what makes the current Frankie such a wonderful character in those concept drawings.

Medikor
09-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Well, I heard that Frankie is based off of Lauren Faust. So maybe she didan't want her to be mean and nasty.8D

Mr. Marshmallow
09-28-2006, 01:54 PM
According to Internet Movie Database, Frankie is loosely based on Lauren Faust. Which probably means that there may only be one connection like with her hair or her clothes or something like that.

When things are loosely tied in it means not a whole lot. I'm sure majority of Frankie's creation was made up originally, but they probably just threw in (or maybe Faust did) an aspect be it personality or clothes into her being.

Medikor
09-28-2006, 03:06 PM
What ever it was, it worked.:D

Voxxyn
09-28-2006, 03:22 PM
In any case, the Frankie that we now have is a very wonderful character, and one of the best animated gals in a long time.

The fact that she can be shy and nervous, even when being incredibly hot in a way that many real-life tabloid-hogging "celebrities" WISH they could, shows just how refreshing and loveable she truly is.

frankie_fan
10-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Hi guys. I'm new here.

I love that episode!! When I first heard Orlando Bloo, I started laughing!! That was a classic. Also Frankie beating the crap out of Dylan (although we never got to see it!).

That pink outfit she wore... :-* That was something!!!

Cassini90125
10-07-2006, 11:14 PM
That pink outfit she wore... :-* That was something!!!

You know, it suddenly occurred to me that I'm not sure which of her outfits I liked more, the pink and violet set or the black dress. I like her everyday outfit best of all, but of the other two... no, I'm not sure at all. She looked great in both, I know that! :frankiesmile:

Mr. Marshmallow
10-07-2006, 11:22 PM
I pick the black dress. The black one was a bit more....revealing and at the same time, it still kept her original hair style more or less. While I liked her new hair for the pink dress, I still like her old style the best no matter what.

The pink one really just seemed like a means of showing a "new" look to Frankie, where was the black one seemed like the Frankie we know and love, just a bit "fancied up" so to speak. But either way, Frankie makes ANYTHING look hot :frankiesmile:.

Medikor
10-08-2006, 05:49 AM
Even that cute green dress she had to wear. She made that look great too.:D

Mr. Marshmallow
10-08-2006, 09:02 AM
I think you are referring to that green dress Frankie had to wear for "The Big Picture", which I totally agree. She made that dress look totally adorable and I thought the green bow in her hair only made it look cuter.

It's amazing how much of a change can occur when you wear the same outfit 24/7, and then you try something new and everyone goes gaa gaa over you. Which is funny because most people get mad at that kind of thing.

Most girl characters on TV shows get upset when they try a new outfit and everyone drools over her, and they wonder "wasn't I hot before?". But Frankie, being the sweet thing that she is, didn't have a problem with that at all.

She didn't care that Mac or Bloo never showed her any kind of attraction affection in her regular outfit. And when she came down in her new outfit and they were in "bug eyed land", she said they were sweet and sounded just fine.

That really shows you what kind of a good willed individual she is.

Medikor
10-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Well, she was probobly looking (Or at least hopeing) for a comment from them at that point. She dosen't often dress up, but I guess even Frankie needs to be told she's pretty once in a while.:D

Invader Bloo
10-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Don't you mean real life too Marshmallow? :P

Sparky
10-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Most girl characters on TV shows get upset when they try a new outfit and everyone drools over her, and they wonder "wasn't I hot before?".

Not just on TV; I have the same reaction myself. I especially get annoyed whenever someone comments that I look like I've lost weight, and even if I *did* lose weight I see it as an insult, like they're saying I was ugly last time they saw me. Just clarifying that this is a genuine, common female reaction to a compliment. 8D

One Radical Dude
10-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Not just on TV; I have the same reaction myself. I especially get annoyed whenever someone comments that I look like I've lost weight, and even if I *did* lose weight I see it as an insult, like they're saying I was ugly last time they saw me. Just clarifying that this is a genuine, common female reaction to a compliment. 8D

I've been guilty of saying "you look like you've lost weight." :wiltshock: I didn't think of that being insulting.

This is easily my favorite season two episode. Oh, man, who doesn't love Orlando Bloo? 8D This is also still my favorite episode Frankie had a significant role in. :frankiesmile:

Voxxyn
10-08-2006, 10:09 PM
She looked quite good in that pink-purple dress with her hair down. It was a bit of a change from her usual look, but it definitely worked for the time she appeared in it.

However, my heart will forever be surrendered to her in the little black dress. Put simply, SHE'S HOT. It was very revealing--and yet she was just plain lovely in it, instead of sleazy or gratitious.

Medikor
10-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Frankie's just classy that way. But she certanly know's how to wow us when she want's to.

kageri
10-10-2006, 02:16 PM
I'm not that surprised that she wasn't offended by Mac and Bloo's drooling over her new outfit -- her normal one covers a lot more and is probably less brand-new-sparkly-clean than the LBD (it deserves an acronym now) or the pink-and-purple outfit, from all the work she has to do. Plus, as mentioned before, she's just cool like that.

Still, both the LBD and the pink-and-purple ensemble (anyone else get Daphne vibes from that one? Anybody?) were puuurrdyyy. Frankie looks really good in hanging bangly things, like the earrings.

.....and am I alone in finding Bloo lifting weights to be really, really funny?

Medikor
10-10-2006, 03:49 PM
No. It was funny. It's probobly likely that they were toy weights too.:D I don't think Bloo could manage anything more then a plastic, half ounce toy.8D

Kzinistzerg
10-12-2006, 03:22 PM
Wow. I saw this one: I was practically on the floor rolling when orlando bloo came in.

I
LOVE
ORLANDO
BLOO.

And frankie was awesome.

Mr. Marshmallow
10-12-2006, 04:58 PM
However, my heart will forever be surrendered to her in the little black dress. Put simply, SHE'S HOT. It was very revealing--and yet she was just plain lovely in it, instead of sleazy or gratitious.

I feel exactly the same way about that dress.

Cassini90125
10-12-2006, 05:24 PM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/Cassini90125/LBD.jpg

Not an exact match, but not too bad. The "Wedding Scenario" referred to was for two non-Foster's Sims; Frankie was on the guest list. :frankiesmile:

Partymember
12-06-2006, 12:51 PM
(bangs head against wall) i haven't seen it yet, and i'm bending my will to psychicly force CN to air it. Bend........to......my.....WILL....urghhhhhh!

Mr. Marshmallow
12-06-2006, 06:03 PM
(bangs head against wall) i haven't seen it yet, and i'm bending my will to psychicly force CN to air it. Bend........to......my.....WILL....urghhhhhh!

You;'ll be banging your head till a hole opens up then Party. For some gay reason, Frankie's episodes come on about as often as a lunar eclipse.

"Setting a president" is done the exact same way. But back to this Frankie episode, let me say this is like the HOLY GRAIL of Frankie fans.

Or at least I think so, the dresses alone are worth watching.

Voxxyn
12-06-2006, 07:34 PM
You know what I'd love to see in the future? Cartoon Network doing a mini-marathon centering on Frankie, airing the Foster's episodes in which she's the star or plays a major role.

The episodes I have in mind:

Store Wars
Frankie My Dear
IHFUMEUP(sadly, it would probably have to air)
Setting A President
The Big Cheese

...and, to end it, a BRAND NEW episode in which Frankie is the star.

Yeah, I admit I haven't fully thought this out yet, as I imagine it could use at least one more episode, but I'm having a hard time thinking of any more current episodes to use for a Frankie marathon("Busted", "Cookie Dough" and "The Big Picture" all come to mind, but I'm not exactly sure).

But I'd love to see this happen. Some of the S4 Foster's episodes debuted outside of the Fridays block, so it isn't impossible. And I think it's the least CN could do for Frankie and her fans.

InsaneFan
12-06-2006, 07:42 PM

Why don't you download it off the Never Forgotten site downloads page? Got dial-up or something? I remember that problem...*shudder*

Partymember
12-07-2006, 03:31 PM
yes...................dial up

Mr. Marshmallow
12-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Well I just got finished watching this very episode, apparantly hell must have frozen over because CN finally reaired "Frankie my dear" (see there IS a god :P). Anyways, it has been a while since I have seen it and I gotta say, i totally loved it all over again.

Frankie truly proved her sweet side here better then ANY other episode, even more so then "Setting a president". The fact Mac fell in love with Frankie was seriously no surprise, the words she used, the way she reacted to Mac's help, I think she generally cares about Mac on a strong level.

Not like LOVE but I think there is something to all those people who find love existing in Mac and Frankie's relationship, doesn't exactly mean that's RIGHT but I can see how that can get started here. One of the best parts of this episode (which i sadly admit I forgot about) was Frankie's little "giddy fits".

When she was dancing around, swirling in love over her date with Dylan. The sounds and moves she made were just....so dam cuuuuute! It was totally aodrable. Her black dress made her look sexier then ever, even the way she walked in the restaurant seemed more sleeker and adult.

The other thing I forgot about was just how funny it was seeing Orlando Bloo trying to eat a steak, watching him yell at his stomach for 5 minutes as he tries to stab a steak 50 times with a spoon and fork while Bloo tried to "direct him" was just priceless. I laughed out loud real good on that one.

This was Frankie's greatest episode, and it was one of the funniest ones they made. "President" was a good one but I don't think it can ever chalk up to this episode's level. Not only was it Frankie's time in the limelight, but the episode had TRULY funny and clever moments.

It was likeable to everyone even non Frankie fans, which is a true sign of a good character centered episode, when everyone can find something they like in it. That's the way i see it anyway.

Partymember
12-09-2006, 07:52 PM
i ended up watching it at 1 AM yesterday (well...today, technically) and OMG! The greatest episode ever. Bloo popping up saying "and HOT!" was hilarious. And dang did she look good in those dresses! Poor Mac, i know exactly how he feels. Having a crush on a very out-of-your-league older woman is VERY emotionally painful, especially when a sappy song comes on the radio...that really stinks. I digress.
Anyway, the episode was awesome, seeing Prince Charming in drag punch out the maitre 'di in the background when Frankie and Dylan are conversing was so over-the-top hilarious! And when Orlando Bloo tries to eat the steak with a spoon, ending up with an entire steak hanging out of his mouth rocked my world, and when Frankie punches Dylan out was the greatest! Oh man...AWESOME episode, i really really need to see it again!

fosters home fan
12-12-2006, 04:31 PM
This is certainly one of my favorite episodes.:frankiesmile:
I enjoyed the entire episode, and I recorded it too. I saw it at 12:00AM Central Time!:cheesegrin:

10/10

Howard
12-13-2006, 07:36 AM
I have said it before, and I will say it again: FMD was a well made episode, which had all the comedy and the quality of a real Foster's episode. I really admired Frankie's integrity to her friends when Dylan was talking smack about them. The Prince in drag was a SCREAM! Just a wonderful episode all the way around.:frankiesmile:

Partymember
12-13-2006, 07:37 AM
yeah...it rocked!

frankie_fan
12-14-2006, 07:41 PM
I thought I might put up my top 5 things I loved about this episode:

1. Frankie's dresses! (Duh!) :-*
2. Orlando Bloo. 8D
3. 'But I'm not a kid!' That really got Mac stumped! 8D 8D
4. Bloo jumping in saying '...AND HOT!' :frankiesmile:
5. Bloo snatching Frankie's kiss from Mac, then they start fighting! 8D

Partymember
12-15-2006, 03:46 PM
yeah, stealing the kiss would've gotten him socked in the face if i were Mac!

Cassini90125
12-15-2006, 03:51 PM
It was cute watching them fight over it. :)

frankie_fan
12-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Okay, I've just thought of some other reasons to like this episode, so it's now the Top 10. Here's the remaining 5:

6. Mac being kissed by Frankie. His expression on his face was priceless! 8D
7. Frankie beating up Dylan (jerk-face!!)
8. Prince (as a woman) coming out of the bathroom exclaiming, 'She's so cute when she's mad,' then falls down!
9. Bloo (as Orlando) asking politely, 'Me-lady,' then in his normal voice, 'Will you get in here?!?'
10. In the background, while Dylan and Frankie are talking, Orlando Bloo is trying to get something out of the waiter's hand, then Prince punches him! 8D 8D

Partymember
12-16-2006, 09:09 PM
oh yeah, the maitre 'di got SOCKED! And Frankie was so sweet to the guys after the date, awwww...Frankie.

Partymember
12-18-2006, 03:22 PM
2:30 tomorrow FMD...

I get out of school at 2:22, with several miles to drive...hmmm...

Howard
12-19-2006, 07:39 AM
The cutest thing I ever saw in this episode, is Frankie blowing a kiss to Mac. Frankie looked so cute doing that. I love her lashes and her lipsticked mouth. It just makes me want to pick Frankie up and give her a bear hug and kiss her forehead, and put her back down. Mac's expression was hilarious!:) :frankiesmile:

Partymember
12-19-2006, 02:11 PM
well, i had planned on doing 80 to get home, but i had to sta after for school. I got out at 2:55. ANGRY!!!

Cassini90125
12-19-2006, 02:14 PM
well, i had planned on doing 80 to get home, but I had to stay after for school. I got out at 2:55. ANGRY!!!

Dare I ask why? 8D

And don't worry, it'll be on again, eventually.

Invader Bloo
12-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Yeah in October.:jk:

Partymember
12-19-2006, 03:05 PM
well, i take an Advanced Placement US history course, and every Teusday we have to stay after school another 1/2 hour. The end of the day there is always a 1/2 hour study hall when you can go to a classroom to get help or if you are doing poorly. I always forget because its so stupid i never think of it. Actually, this is the last week before Christmas vacation, so we're watching "Far and Away" this week, she actually took a poll in class to see if everyone was going to be there, because if they weren't we'd do notes because she wants everyone to see the whole movie.

Basically if i had not been there we would have done something important, but since i was it just wasted a half hour. ANGER!

Howard
12-20-2006, 08:02 AM
As soon as my Direct TV is up, I will be able to enjoy Foster's, including FMD. They have a deal where I get a free DVR as well.:frankiesmile:

Partymember
12-20-2006, 11:00 AM
sweeeeeet...and yeah, the guy forgot to download it.

Nathander
12-20-2006, 06:11 PM
I always thought Frankie, My Dear was an adorable episode. I thought it was a cute look at Mac's first "crush", as well as an episode that focused sufficiently on Frankie without her going through some kind of hell. I thought the fact that she could get so many admirers was cute, and the definantily showed her in a good light by the episodes ends (by sticking up for her friends, as well as two people who were still basically strangers (Prince Charming and the Pizza Delivery Boy) against Dylan). All in all, I thought it was a cute episode.

What I didn't find cute about it was that a few fans would stretch Mac's crush shown in this episode in order to create the idea of a romantic Frankie/Mac pairing........

frankie_fan
12-20-2006, 06:18 PM
What I didn't find cute about it was that a few fans would stretch Mac's crush shown in this episode in order to create the idea of a romantic Frankie/Mac pairing........

I couldn't agree with you more. Rarely don't I care about pairings in animated shows, but this is a first for me. I really can't see Mac and Frankie together. Nor do I see any other pairings on this show.

Cassini90125
12-20-2006, 07:00 PM
I couldn't agree with you more. Rarely don't I care about pairings in animated shows, but this is a first for me. I really can't see Mac and Frankie together. Nor do I see any other pairings on this show.

Nor do I. Now may I suggest we change the subject before this gets out of hand again?

Mr. Marshmallow
12-20-2006, 07:12 PM
I think the whole issue with Frankie being paired with someone is actually pretty common. It's common nature of fan boys and girls to pair people up simply because they want the character to be "happy" with someone, or to throw a little love and romance into a series.

Movies and TV have proven that love can exist almost anywhere and in any show. Similar incidents happened in "Ben 10", Ben the titluar character has a co-star girl named Gwen who is his cousin. People still propose a pairing idea simply because of the need for love and relationships.

I also find Mac's reason for "loving" Frankie to be more plausible then most puppy love cases. Mac didn't go gaa gaa over Frankie for her looks, he did it over her actions, and most importantly, her words. The words Frankie said to Mac are words that not even adult, teenage boys hear often in their entire lifetimes.

I don'tr get bothered or annoyed by this, Mac cares for Frankie and be it misguided or misunderstood, he still cares deeply for her. Doesn't necessarily mean it's love but like I said, it's a form of devotion and affection towards Frankie and I'm never one to argue with that kind of direction of reasoning.

Invader Bloo
12-21-2006, 06:52 AM
Teah, the whole Mac/Frankie thing is dumb. I personally don't like pairings.

You are all probally thinking I'm a hypocrit, but the "ILF" FF I'm doing right now is comedy & Frankie dosen't fall for anyone. You should go check FF.net there's about Wilt/a new girl character pairng FFs. :P

I really wish CN would show this episode more often, I mean what kid dosen't find Orlando Bloo funny?

Cassini90125
12-21-2006, 07:01 AM
I really wish CN would show this episode more often, I mean what kid dosen't find Orlando Bloo funny?

He's a riot. Even though Frankie burned the Orlando Bloo outfit in "Neighbor Pains" I hope they find an excuse to bring him back occasionally. Not a lot, but maybe once per season would be good, with someone new under the coat each time. Duchess would be especially funny. 8D

Howard
12-21-2006, 07:23 AM
He's a riot. Even though Frankie burned the Orlando Bloo outfit in "Neighbor Pains" I hope they find an excuse to bring him back occasionally. Not a lot, but maybe once per season would be good, with someone new under the coat each time. Duchess would be especially funny. 8D

The Orlando Blue getup is a riot! I cannot help wondering if the real Orlando Bloom has seen this! And Bloo's voice is so hilarious! It definitely needs to appear every now and then!8D :frankiesmile:

Invader Bloo
12-21-2006, 11:16 AM
There's always a way Bloo can get another suit, yes Duchess under-neath would be the ultimate Orlando Bloo episode ever. I personally like Wilt under Bloo instead of Mac. I sorta wished the endig of this episode was a new part instead of Bloo trieng to eat. :(

Mr. Marshmallow
12-21-2006, 02:45 PM
I think the Orlando Bloo use in "Neighbor Pains" was merely a quick fix, where as this for this episode, they planned to stay in that get up the whole time to ruin Frankie's date. They just needed a quick guise to get the trash from Old man rivers, that was all.

I don't know if Frankie will really burn them, I think she was just pissed because she had to relive the awkward embarassment of having her "boyfriend" come back and put her on the spot there with Rivers. Sides even if she does, his outfit's not exactly super hard to find.

I honestly don't mind Frankie being paired with others, it doesn't bother me unless it's done inappropriately or in a negative way. I actually saw a sweet fan art pic showing Mac coming to Frankie as a grown up and her being totally stoked about it. I liked it personally.

One thing we can say about Mac and Frankie, they get along better then probably anyone else in the house and they work well together.

Howard
12-21-2006, 02:50 PM
I think the Orlando Bloo use in "Neighbor Pains" was merely a quick fix, where as this for this episode, they planned to stay in that get up the whole time to ruin Frankie's date. They just needed a quick guise to get the trash from Old man rivers, that was all.

I don't know if Frankie will really burn them, I think she was just pissed because she had to relive the awkward embarassment of having her "boyfriend" come back and put her on the spot there with Rivers. Sides even if she does, his outfit's not exactly super hard to find.

I honestly don't mind Frankie being paired with others, it doesn't bother me unless it's done inappropriately or in a negative way. I actually saw a sweet fan art pic showing Mac coming to Frankie as a grown up and her being totally stoked about it. I liked it personally.

One thing we can say about Mac and Frankie, they get along better then probably anyone else in the house and they work well together.

Which makes me wonder if Mac and Frankie have common past experiences. :frankiesmile: :)

kageri
12-21-2006, 03:09 PM
The "I'm burning these" comment was amusing in itself because she was acting like Bloo's lame disguise was some sinister weapon of the occult variety.

frankie_fan
01-20-2007, 08:07 PM
I'd just like to comment that because of this episode, whenever I hear the name Orlando Bloom (LOTR, POTC), I'll always think of Orlando Bloo. :bloogrin:

Crash-N-Cortex
01-20-2007, 08:31 PM
This episode is one of my favorites. I watch it almost everyday at youtube. I like the love and jealousy in this episode. Princey sort of reminds of Fred Jones from the Scooby-Doo shows. Dylan Lee does look similar to Dennis Lee from "The Life of Times of Juniper Lee."

derangedperson
01-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Orlando Bloo = Instant win.

The bit where Frankie keeps kicking Chris in the shins, Bloo prattling on, Dylan's "WTF?" look, and the table continuously jumping with every kick just has me nearly in tears from laughing so hard, and the final line Bloo has and the way he delivers it, completely ramrod straight:

"Hey, baby--I'm a gazillionaire." 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D

That entire segment is the best two, three minutes of cartoonage I've seen in a long time.

Cassini90125
02-09-2007, 07:00 AM
For those of you who haven't yet seen this wonderful episode, CN is showing it again tonight at 7:30 pm Eastern time. :frankiesmile:

Howard
02-09-2007, 07:39 AM
For those of you who haven't yet seen this wonderful episode, CN is showing it again tonight at 7:30 pm Eastern time. :frankiesmile:

It comes on at 5:30 in AZ and I get off work @ 6pm. My DVR will be recording it.:frankiesmile:

Cassini90125
02-14-2007, 07:03 AM
It's on again, tonight at 7:00 pm Eastern time. Frankie My Dear on Valentine's Day! How cool is that! :frankiesmile:

bloonuggets
02-14-2007, 09:37 AM
This is the de facto Valentine's Day episode.

I'd just wish they'd do a Valentine's Day special, maybe in '08.

You looking in, Girl_Named_Goo?

Cassini90125
02-14-2007, 10:13 AM
That was subtle. 8D

Voxxyn
02-14-2007, 12:23 PM
I think I posted my idea of a mini-Frankie episode marathon on this thread, so maybe that could be the Valentine's Day special for next year. (She deserves it infinitely more than that Irwin kid CN seems to love so much ::) )

bloonuggets
02-14-2007, 12:54 PM
"That was subtle." 8D

As subtle as a sledgehammer?

Partymember
02-28-2007, 12:07 PM
the name of the restaraunt is "Futurpoup"

LMAO

Howard
03-02-2007, 08:56 AM
the name of the restaraunt is "Futurpoup"

LMAO

Dylan initially showed his being a north end of a southbound donkey, by saying "this old place? (refering to the restaraunt after Frankie said "swankaaay!")":frankiemad:

Partymember
03-02-2007, 11:45 AM
yeah, big ego's mean...well...nevermind

Kzinistzerg
04-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Has anyone else noticed the resemblance between Orlando Bloo and this?

http://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2007/04/13/

Seems a wee bit close for me.

Sparky
04-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Um, the people-stacked-up-under-a-trenchcoat gag has been used for decades in comics, cartoons, and liveaction. Plus, Orlando's got a moustache. :bloogrin:

Kzinistzerg
04-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I know it has. I just found it amusing that we have here Calvin, with his imaginary friend hobbes on his head, and mac with bloo on his head.

Cassini90125
04-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Um, the people-stacked-up-under-a-trenchcoat gag has been used for decades in comics, cartoons, and liveaction. Plus, Orlando's got a moustache. :bloogrin:

A man isn't a man without a moustache. 8-)

I do hope they bring Orlando back once in awhile, maybe with someone different under the coat each time. Can you imagine what the circumstances might be to get Mr. Herriman or Duchess into that outfit, with Bloo sitting on his or her head? 8D

Howard
04-17-2007, 10:57 AM
A man isn't a man without a moustache. 8-)

... Can you imagine what the circumstances might be to get Mr. Herriman or Duchess into that outfit, with Bloo sitting on his or her head? 8D

I don't want to even attempt at thinking about that!:P

taranchula
04-17-2007, 01:34 PM
I don't know, wouldn't Bloo and Duchess doing the Orlando routine be really really awkward to pull off, on account of Duchess being all literally 2-D and stuff.

The things one thinks about on a quiet Tuesday afternoon. 8D

Kzinistzerg
04-17-2007, 03:07 PM
Yeah... But how do you deal with mr herriman? Hopping and all? I could picture Madame foster under there, though.

taranchula
04-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Yeah... But how do you deal with mr herriman? Hopping and all?

Oh that's an easy one, Bloo can blame the hopping on an old injury he suffered playing polo while he was at Millionaires school. :bloogrin:

Octopus Pretzel
07-19-2007, 05:02 PM
i thought Bloo went to gagillionaire school or thats what he said lol

taranchula
07-19-2007, 07:33 PM
i thought Bloo went to gagillionaire school or thats what he said lol

Yeah, probably. Every time I catch that scene I am laughing too hard to even notice.

ptps
07-22-2007, 11:33 AM
I died when they brought Orlando Bloo back in Neighbour Pains XDDD It's just so much more ridiculous with WILT underneath, I mean, that is REALLY tall. XD

And I think the actual words Orlando Bloo said were, "Well, I was busy studying at Millionaire School, learning how to be a millionaire... which was silly, really, because I'd already made a GAZILLION dollars in the paddleball tournament... I just wanted to get my degree."

pitbulllady
07-22-2007, 11:42 AM
I died when they brought Orlando Bloo back in Neighbour Pains XDDD It's just so much more ridiculous with WILT underneath, I mean, that is REALLY tall. XD

And I think the actual words Orlando Bloo said were, "Well, I was busy studying at Millionaire School, learning how to be a millionaire... which was silly, really, because I'd already made a GAZILLION dollars in the paddleball tournament... I just wanted to get my degree."

You must be referring to Orlando Bloo's "long-lost identical twin", lol!

pitbulllady

antgirl1
07-22-2007, 12:25 PM
And exactly HOW are Wilt and Bloo similar in appearance I'll never know. XDD

rossfellow
02-13-2008, 02:51 PM
For the Valentines special, Cartoon Network is re-airing "Frankie My Dear" tomorow. I dont know what time though.

Anyone got a schedule?

Lynnie
02-13-2008, 06:45 PM
It airs at 7:30. :frankiesmile:

I'm upset that I won't get to see it though, as I have to work. So, everyone, enjoy it for me. :)

taranchula
02-13-2008, 06:59 PM
It airs at 7:30. :frankiesmile:

I'm upset that I won't get to see it though, as I have to work. So, everyone, enjoy it for me. :)

Have you got the season two DVD set? If so, then you can catch that episode anytime you want.

And if not, well I think we both know what needs to be done. :bloogrin:

Lynnie
02-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Yes! Yes I do. :D

That settles it. DVD party tomorrow night. You joining me, T? :frankiesmile:

Cassini90125
02-13-2008, 08:21 PM
If he won't, I will. Still my favorite episode after nearly three years. :-*

frankie_fan
02-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Still my favorite episode after nearly three years. :-*

You and me both! Although the Season 2 DVD doesn't come out in Australia till March... :frankiemad:

taranchula
02-14-2008, 04:38 AM
Yes! Yes I do. :D

That settles it. DVD party tomorrow night. You joining me, T? :frankiesmile:

Certainly, I shall be there with bells on...

And by "there" I mean "here" and by "bells" I mean my "Bloo/Deo" T-shirt. 8D

bloonuggets
02-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Oh, man! Those pickup lines are lame!

Ridureyu
02-14-2008, 03:30 PM
I got to watch it!

Funniest episode ever.

Partymember
02-15-2008, 09:03 AM
argh, why do i always miss this one :P

Cassini90125
02-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Gotta get the Season 2 set, dude. It's worth the price just for that episode. :frankiesmile:

Partymember
02-16-2008, 05:02 PM
you're probably right 8D

One Radical Dude
02-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Of course, he's right. :bloogrin: *pops in the DVD*

Cassini90125
09-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Like most of us I miss the show these days, and I miss the gang. Some characters I miss more than others and you know who tops the list so earlier this evening I got out the Season Two discs and replayed Frankie My Dear yet again. It really is a remarkably good episode, one of the standouts of a remarkably good series. The story itself has a sort of timeless quality to it, something that has undoubtably been played out throughout the ages, from medieval times to the Star Trek era; with a little tinkering I can see it working for other shows as well. In another timeline maybe it's Daphne on a date with that lunkhead Dylan, with Fred in the role of Princey and Scooby and Shaggy are under the coat as Orlando Doo. 8D I think overall Mac and Bloo got a little more screen time than Frankie did but her time was excellent time indeed and she really carried the episode well. And of course it's always nice to see her happy and smiling even though you know life is going to hand her another lemon. She shrugs it off and moves on, showing that she's stronger inside than you think. I have no doubt in my mind that if Mac and Bloo hadn't gotten involved and she had gotten into a relationship with Dylan, she would have seen through him soon enough and sent him packing, and if he'd turned out to be an abusive sort she isn't the sort who would've gotten trapped; she might put up with it briefly but eventually she'd have flattened the coward and had him arrested. Mac and Bloo turned in a good, solid performance as well, from the "and hot!" routine through the final confrontation with Dylan and everything in between. Chris and Princey's roles, while smaller, were just as important to the story, and they were both perfect for the parts they needed to play, the lovestruck teenager and the somewhat dim, over-the-top romantic. And then there's Orlando Bloo, one of the funniest characters the Foster's team ever dreamed up. I doubt we'll see him again before the series ends but I think one last time would be a hilarious treat for us all. I'd love to see Mr. Herriman under that coat with Bloo sitting on his head. 8D

Again, this was a standout episode, and for me it remains my favorite even to this day, three and a half years after it first aired. Frankie will always be the star in my eyes, and in this episode she was the star in nearly every way, but I tip my hat to all the other characters involved, regulars and one-shots alike, and to the artists and writers who made it all possible. Well done I say, well done to all! :-*

Lynnie
09-14-2008, 09:33 PM
I think this episode was above perfect, because it's thanks to it that I started watching the show on a regular basis and thus became such a big fan! :bloogrin: And I say above perfect because most the other episodes are perfect, but I may not have noticed the others if I hadn't seen this one. And it is now tied for my favorite episode of all time.

Orlando Bloo will never, ever get old. I'll always have a hearty belly laugh for him. 8D

Howard
09-20-2008, 05:58 AM
I think this episode was above perfect, because it's thanks to it that I started watching the show on a regular basis and thus became such a big fan! :bloogrin: And I say above perfect because most the other episodes are perfect, but I may not have noticed the others if I hadn't seen this one. And it is now tied for my favorite episode of all time.

Orlando Bloo will never, ever get old. I'll always have a hearty belly laugh for him. 8D

I was introduced to Frankie through other artists perceptions. I started to enjoy the show until this episode. After this cute and brilliant story, not only was I a fan of Fosters - I fell in love with Frankie:-*

WestBunny:3
09-21-2008, 08:46 AM

Right said, lynnie :bloogrin:

I didn't know bloo had such voice skills. It was so funneh!!
Seeing him trying to cut and eat that steak of meat was priceless too, and also Mac's grin was 8D

Mr. Marshmallow
09-28-2008, 12:09 PM
I think what really worked for this episode that made it stand out above others (besides the fact I'm cuckoo for Frankie puffs :cheesegrin:) is the fact it managed to create a unique, different kind of story for a minor character and make it interesting and funny. I mean when you think about it, this is a really different episode.

The focus comes on a side character, the plot is exceedingly more adult and teen like (dating, falling in love, sexuality etc.) and they managed to make it work in a kids environment with child like characters. I'm still applauding the fact the creators decided to make Bloo and Mac fall in love with Frankie, kids drooling at an older parental type figure is not something I see too often.

Usually "puppy love" is ignored upon and the children characters view lovey dovey stuff as "ick" in their words, or too confusing for them to understand. Here, its used quite well and it actually shows up AGAIN! Solidifying the fact it wasn't a one time gag. Plus, its nice to actually see other people in Frankie's life other then her grand mother.

Outside of Kathy and Frankie's infamous mystery parents, we don't know a damn thing of who exists in Frankie's history or even how she met Dylan. I know that's kind of useless information considering Dylan is a tool, but I am curious as to wonder how those two met.

Cassini90125
09-29-2008, 04:50 PM
My impression was that they met when Frankie and Kathy went out for the night, although under what circumstances I can't say. If I had to guess I'd say that they were introduced by mutual friends, possibly at a club of some sort.

dieddead46
12-30-2008, 06:06 AM
I think this was most probably the first episode of Fosters I ever watched.
And it really drew me in. I mean it' was a kids cartoon.
That didn't treat kids like kids. It treated them like young adults.
And I don't know, ever since I watched that episode, Mac's goofball expressions, the face offs between Mac and Bloo over Frankie's affection.
I just think it was an episode that really, really worked, and showed a lot of intelligence.
So yeah, I think that was the episode that really made me fall in love with the series.