PDA

View Full Version : Near lack of members online

rhythmfuzion
08-05-2010, 01:09 PM
You know why it takes weeks, months, or even YEARS to add a reply to a specific thread? I'll tell you why, it is because of the lack of members online. I was the only user online for the entire month of August 2010 so far because everybody refused to go online here because of the lost of interest because of Foster's death. All of you members need to get online here WAY more often because there's hardly any activity since FHIF starts to await death on cartoon death row!

Cassini90125
08-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Your information is incorrect. I have been here everyday in August, as have several other members. There have been a number of posts made in that time frame as well. Please check your facts before complaining about the forum's lack of activity.

http://www.samcooks.com/graphics/cheese%20and%20dairy/cheddar%20cheese.jpg

Howard
08-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Let me put it another way. You can find all of us die hards mainly on "post to post" (under the "spam eggs and spam" thread), or the entertainment, or any of the bottom threads. We post once in awhile on the upper threads just to keep things fresh. Just come down to the lower threads and join us - we still have fun.

I do agree with you about Fosters - just because it went off the air does not mean it has to die everywhere else (I.e., comic books, reruns, or other Foster's media). Fosters will always RULE!:bloocross:

taranchula
08-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Now now, no need to be quite so over-dramatic, just because people are not on here 24/7 talking about Foster's (Or other subjects) doesn't mean that the forum is going to fall apart at the seams tomorrow.

There a lot of factors that sometimes keep even the most die hard users off for periods of time, real life (IE Jobs, bills, family and friends) for example is a big factor.

Just relax and take it easy and most importantly have some fun, that is above all the main reason why these social forums exist. do they not?

MAXinsanity
08-08-2010, 10:01 PM
...Not yet, anyways... long story.

BlooCheese92
08-21-2010, 06:01 AM
I only joined the forums today, but I'm definitely staying. :cheesegrin:

Green Blockhead
09-12-2010, 02:00 AM
http://www.samcooks.com/graphics/cheese%20and%20dairy/cheddar%20cheese.jpg

This message is here to prevent spam.

lolwut

Cassini90125
09-12-2010, 02:15 AM
I've always thought that cheese goes great with whine. :bendy:

Green Blockhead
09-12-2010, 05:10 AM
I've always thought that cheese goes great with whine. :bendy:

I see what you did thar!

Anyway, I agree with the lack of members. There are only like 3 people online: Me, Cass, and few others.

The forums needs to be more popular. I suggest more donations, or find a way to become famous and make this site famous.

Sparky
09-12-2010, 07:36 PM
:( I'm actually glad the traffic has died down, because so have the stalkers and threats. Really, I need a break. :P

Green Blockhead
09-18-2010, 11:55 PM
Okay, this is gettin a bit true now, really, there really is a lack of members online.

I think it's because Foster's is over.

Yay owner of page 2 :D

Planty
09-21-2010, 01:50 PM
:( I'm actually glad the traffic has died down, because so have the stalkers and threats. Really, I need a break. :P
Threats? I'm intrigued........ elaborate, please

Green Blockhead
09-24-2010, 12:10 AM
I'm really sick and tired of the AFK-ness of the forums. It's totally boring and just because Foster's has finished for good does not mean that the forums should be AFK.

I know that there is another post like this, but this forum needs more attention.

Cassini90125
09-24-2010, 12:32 AM
You are welcome to try to track down members and make them log in if you wish. Good luck with that. The simple fact is that the show is over and people move on. We can't force people to log in (and wouldn't if we could) and whining about it isn't helping anyone. ::)

Howard
09-24-2010, 09:47 PM
I kind of like the serenity of this forum now. All the "goofballs" have been weeded out after the show stopped. Like Sparky said, it is easier without all the attention. The hardcore guys like myself and Cass will be around as long as this place holds out.:frankiesmile:

One Radical Dude
10-06-2010, 02:19 AM
And I do apologize if I haven't been around, but I've been focusing on hunting for a better job, and I've been busy working at my present workplace, too. Ready for a break. :P I'll still be around. As for other folks, that's their decision and their decision alone.

lucyrocks73
10-09-2010, 06:05 PM
...and then there are lurkers like me who mostly just read other people's posts and actually post maybe once or twice a year... I should also point out that I was finishing middle school when I first joined, and now I'm in college, so I've become increasingly busier.

People's priorities change sometimes, that's all. I like that I can keep up with nearly every post now because there aren't as many people posting. I stop by maybe once a week to see how things are... and then I go study. :-(

-Marty :goo:

Sparx
10-31-2010, 08:12 AM
...and then there are lurkers like me who mostly just read other people's posts and actually post maybe once or twice a year... I should also point out that I was finishing middle school when I first joined, and now I'm in college, so I've become increasingly busier.

People's priorities change sometimes, that's all. I like that I can keep up with nearly every post now because there aren't as many people posting. I stop by maybe once a week to see how things are... and then I go study. :-(

-Marty :goo:I can definitely confirm that. It's probably been over a year since I last logged in. 'Oh I'll log in just as soon as finish this.' Then something else comes up and you completely forget to login and post something :S. That's my case anyway.

Digifreak642
04-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Digifreak642 still remembers to come to this site every once in a while. Anyone remember me?

One Radical Dude
04-26-2011, 10:32 PM
Digifreak642 still remembers to come to this site every once in a while. Anyone remember me?

Of course. Not very well, but I remember you posting. ;)

Digifreak642
04-29-2011, 09:50 PM
I posted much more often when Fosters was popular on TV.com. The days of Ruki, Krazykraz, Star_blaster, etc. I've been thinking about Fosters lately since I feel like I viewed television differently when it aired. Not I watch shows like Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Community, etc. Shows that are considered to be "for adults."

I think, if possible, it would be cool if all the FHFIF friends planned a re-watch of the series this summer. I'm not sure if all the DVDs are out or if we'll have to find them online or what. Other than A Lost Clause, I haven't watched any Fosters since it ended. My perspective has probably changed and I'm sure a lot of other's has too. Like someone else mentioned, I started watching the show in middle school and now I'm in college.

Thoughts?

One Radical Dude
04-30-2011, 12:39 AM
The last time I really watched the show was back in December, when I visited Howard at his place, and I did watch "A Lost Claus" during that month later. I haven't watched as much for two reasons: the main one is work, and the other is simply the show is not airing anymore on TV (for now, anyway).

Unfortunately, the only way to get the entire series is to get them off iTunes (only Seasons 1-2 were available on DVD in North America), except for "A Lost Claus". Would love to see the entire series get a full series DVD release, or how about Bloo-ray (uh...I mean, Blu-ray :bloogrin:)...at least get them on DVD and add features to them. I began watching when I was 23, and I'll be 30 in June.