PDA

View Full Version : TVTropes

cartman414
03-17-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right subforum, but how many of you are familiar with the TVTropes Wiki? It covers every type of media and subject, and all the tropes that apply to each of them. FHFIF has not only a page for the show itself, but also a Character Sheet for each of the characters. Wilt's tropes for instance include "The Woobie" (hard-luck character who you just want to give a big ol' hug) and "Extreme Doormat". Be forewarned though, TVTropes is maddeningly addictive.

Mr_Bloo_Veins
03-17-2010, 04:28 PM
I love this site, but I try to stay as far away from the Troper Tales section as possible, there's some craaaazy people there...

They've also got a pretty extensive FHIF page:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ptitle7gm1359jq2c8?from=Main.FostersHomeForImagina ryFriends

frankie_fan
03-17-2010, 07:25 PM
I visit TV Tropes as well. I originally found it while searching for anime tropes. The sections I like visiting are Crowning Moment of Funny, High Octane Nightmare Fuel (especially in the Video Games section), and Kissing Tropes. I also like to look up a movie or TV show and find what tropes they contain. Great site. Actually, I should say that TV Tropes made me think twice about Neon Genesis Evangelion, especially after reading all the High Octane Nightmare Fuel about it! 8D

Mr_Bloo_Veins
03-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Getting Crap past the Radar is a pretty fun trope. 8D

Lynnie
03-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Toonzone brought my attention to this highly entertaining website back in September of last year. It led to a nice discussion down in the Post to Post thread- http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1901&page=1303
(scroll half way down the page to post 13,028).

Some of the info had me cracking up so bad, it was awesome. 8D And others filled me with awe as I realized I wasn't the only one who noticed certain characters held certain qualities. It was quite enlightening. :)

cartman414
03-18-2010, 10:15 PM
And now Cheese is the designated Wesley.

Oh, and you're welcome. :cheesegrin:

Another Castle
03-28-2010, 05:55 AM
Ah TVTtopes!

I'd never heard of it before, but FrankieFan put it on the 'Link everyone should bookmark' thread- I spend what seems like hours on there! I look at a single page and end up opening at least four of the link in separate tabs! So detailed!

Lucky
09-03-2010, 07:13 PM
I go on it every day. (I'm a member). I think I should add some pics to the character page.

lucyrocks73
09-04-2010, 05:45 AM
Ooh, thanks for bringing this to my attention! I'm rather bored right now, and this looks interesting.

Thanks!

-Marty 8-)

KazooBloo
12-01-2016, 02:17 PM
I know of TVTropes.