PDA

View Full Version : Recent Simpsons episode

Cell_Phone_guy
09-21-2006, 01:13 PM
In last Sunday's episode of the Simpsons, Homer and Marge bring Bart to a Psychology centre after he acted up at a funeral. There was a sign on the building that read "Child Psychology Center. Where imaginary friends come to die."

It's a good thing Mac and Bloo don't live in Springfield, otherwise Bloo might be in trouble! And not what for what he caused. ::)

Kzinistzerg
09-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Is this a new episode?

kaytea
09-21-2006, 01:21 PM
I hate threapy they always murder my Imaginary friends ;_;

CG
09-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Reminds me of that comic I saw made by some [mule] who did a comic of Calvin and Hobbes, Calvin doing homework, Hobbes proclaims the homework isn't due till Friday. Can we go play outside instead? Calvin says he can't, he wants to get it done and his mum says the pills are working.

Final panel was of Hobbes as a toy again, sat across from Calvin and the colours were black and white.

Cell_Phone_guy
09-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Is this a new episode?

Yes it is.

BlooCheese
09-21-2006, 04:28 PM
In last Sunday's episode of the Simpsons, Homer and Marge bring Bart to a Psychology centre after he acted up at a funeral. There was a sign on the building that read "Child Psychology Center. Where imaginary friends come to die."

It's a good thing Mac and Bloo don't live in Springfield, otherwise Bloo might be in trouble! And not what for what he caused. ::)

Oh yeah. I saw that show and the sign over the building...
But it's true. Psychologists love killing IFs.

Kzinistzerg
09-22-2006, 12:28 PM
aaaa.... Can you imagine that as part of a Fosters's plot?

Voxxyn
09-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Stuff like that is why often wonder the underlying moral themes of a seemingly lighthearted show like this. Such barbarism would NEVER be legally commited by psychologists/psychiatrists in the show's in-universe, because imaginary friends are living beings like humans... but I get the feeling that IFs are looked upon negatively by general society, especially those who think normal is good and equate difference in any shape and form with mental illness. And it doesn't help that Madame Foster, the very founder of the shelter for abandoned imaginary friends, is more-or-less genuinely crazy.

That's all I want to say on the matter for now. As somebody who has Asperger's Syndrome and knows what it's like to be an outcast in life, my thoughts on this are a little personal.

Kzinistzerg
09-22-2006, 01:50 PM
Well... Ben E Factor was ntuts, so apresumably a nuts psychologist... but you're right, it just wouldn't fit.

Cell_Phone_guy
09-23-2006, 09:49 AM
aaaa.... Can you imagine that as part of a Fosters's plot?

"Foster's Goes to Springfield", that sounds like it could be an interesting episode/fan-fic. I can almost imagine Terrance trying to trick Bloo to going to that Psycholgy office. And Bloo ends up on "Death Row" Now Mac, Frankie, and the other IF's have to save him before it's too late. They could also rescue the other death row IF's too.

While we're on the topic of Foster's and the Simpsons, I kinda think that Ralph Wiggum may have imagined one of the imaginary puppies from "Who Let the Dogs in?" In an older episode, Ralph had an imaginary puppy that could fly. Perhaps that could be how the Foster's crew ends up going to Springfield. How Terrance would get there is still up in the air.

HappyFoppy
09-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Muahaha... fun idea.

---

Terrence: Hey, there's a psychologist here, Bloo.

Bloo: *reads* Where imaginary friends die... NO WAY!?

Terrence: There's candy there.

Bloo: :bloogrin

---

How about a fanfic idea of Mac being forced by his mom going to a psychologist? :D

taranchula
09-23-2006, 12:15 PM
"Foster's Goes to Springfield", that sounds like it could be an interesting episode/fan-fic. I can almost imagine Terrance trying to trick Bloo to going to that Psycholgy office. And Bloo ends up on "Death Row" Now Mac, Frankie, and the other IF's have to save him before it's too late. They could also rescue the other death row IF's too.

I don't know, that sounds a little too dark for my tastes, however it would be funny to see various Foster's character's (Both human and Imaginary) have a turn on the psychologist?s couch.

Cheesecake_Recipe
09-27-2006, 11:52 PM
I did catch that, but the big highlight of that episode for me was the White Stripes cameo. <3 White Stripes.

Invader Bloo
09-30-2006, 06:56 PM
The Simpsons universe is a different universe from Foster's where Imaginary friends are fake like the real world! I love the Simpsons.

Emma
09-30-2006, 09:33 PM
Reminds me of that comic I saw made by some [mule] who did a comic of Calvin and Hobbes, Calvin doing homework, Hobbes proclaims the homework isn't due till Friday. Can we go play outside instead? Calvin says he can't, he wants to get it done and his mum says the pills are working.

Final panel was of Hobbes as a toy again, sat across from Calvin and the colours were black and white.

Ah man, I saw that. Talk about depressing and stupid. Like they could even get any pills into Calvin in the first place! ::)

WiltsAKGirl17
11-07-2007, 12:35 PM
I don't know, that sounds a little too dark for my tastes, however it would be funny to see various Foster's character's (Both human and Imaginary) have a turn on the psychologist?s couch.

I think I just got a fanfic idea. Thanks, taranchula! :)

taranchula
11-07-2007, 06:25 PM
I think I just got a fanfic idea. Thanks, taranchula! :)

Glad to be an inspiration.

And if I could make one tiny suggestion. You got to have some, if not all the characters engage in one of those role reversal exercises (Wherein one person acts like another and so on and so forth.) at one point in the story.

So much comedy can be mined from that very premise.

WiltsAKGirl17
11-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Glad to be an inspiration.

And if I could make one tiny suggestion. You got to have some, if not all the characters engage in one of those role reversal exercises (Wherein one person acts like another and so on and so forth.) at one point in the story.

So much comedy can be mined from that very premise.

I'll definately look into that. Thanks! This'll be fun...

Hey, can anyone pretty please throw a couple of ideas for that-- or for any other aspect of this idea-- my way via personal message? I don't want to be responsible for cluttering cyberspace any more than it already is.

KazooBloo
12-23-2016, 10:36 PM
Totally a spoof.