PDA

View Full Version : Jackie Khones, Private Eye audio file

DanMat6288
09-29-2009, 05:26 PM
I recorded a sound file for the site of "Jackie Khones, Private Eye (Eye on the Mayo)," but the audio is rather scratchy. I recorded machine-to-machine by audio cable--not the amateur trick of sticking the microphone to the speakers--so I don't know what the problem was. I tried using the audio cleaning lab on my dad's computer, but I apparently don't know how to work that too well.

If anyone knows how to properly clean an audio file (and, while you're at it, convert it from wma to mp3), here's the URL I uploaded it to: http://www.toofiles.com/en/oip/audios/wma/jackiekhonesprivateeye.html

Sparky
09-29-2009, 07:00 PM
I used to have a program that did both those things but it comes with spyware so I chose not to install it after I reinstalled Windows on both my computers. Converting to mp3 is easy, lots of programs do that, but cleaning up noise is something else.

edit: I have found recently that the easiest way to make a sound file is to just make a video file of the clip and then run it through SUPER to make an mp3. Sometimes I use a gain adjuster on it if the volume is wonky.

DanMat6288
10-02-2009, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the advice. I have a program on my computer that can convert video to mp3, but the episode file I had was protected by iTunes Store where I bought it from. Then, of course, I remembered you have a bunch of episodes available for download, and JKatOLC was fortunately one of them.

I'll e-mail the new mp3 file to you. Is that okay? :D

EDIT: Okay, before I send it... I'm filling out the music information, and if you had to guess, what genre would you put the song Jackie sings in the "Overdue Library Crook" episode under? I can't quite put my finger on it myself. ^^;

Sparky
10-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Anything that comes from movies or TV is Soundtrack imho. :)

If you're emailing it to me, that means you want me to host it on my site for others to download, is that it?

DanMat6288
10-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Well, yeah. :) I think it's a good piece of Foster's media to have up for any fan who wants it.

Sparky
10-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Okay I got it. This file can now be found here (http://www.fosters-home.com/misc.htm). :terrsmile:

KazooBloo
12-23-2016, 09:51 PM
Great file fam.