PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad etc. spoofing Fosters?

PeterFoster111
07-27-2009, 02:49 AM
Sometimes as a family we eat in the family room/living room and we sometimes watch The Simpsons mostly. Like I said in my introduction thread, I want to keep Foster's private from my family. And I am worried if any of The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill, Futarama and other shows like that spoof Foster's Home. That will really embarras me and the privacy of Foster's to my family will become public. I do not want that to happen.

So just to be aware, do any of the episodes of The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill, Futarama and other shows like that spoof Foster's Home? Thanks.

zwiebel
07-27-2009, 04:23 AM
Sometimes as a family we eat in the family room/living room and we sometimes watch The Simpsons mostly. Like I said in my introduction thread, I want to keep Foster's private from my family. And I am worried if any of The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill, Futarama and other shows like that spoof Foster's Home. That will really embarras me and the privacy of Foster's to my family will become public. I do not want that to happen.

So just to be aware, do any of the episodes of The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill, Futarama and other shows like that spoof Foster's Home? Thanks.

How would it embarrass you, if The Simpsons did a spoof of Foster's?
Even if you don't want your family to know you watch the show, how would they be able to tell that you do watch it?
And no, I don't think they ever made fun of Foster's on the Simpsons.

Ccook50
07-27-2009, 04:42 AM
I don't think any of those shows have. The only show that has (from what I know) is The Grim Adventures Of Billy & Mandy, and that was like about 10 seconds.

Mulch
07-27-2009, 05:19 AM
Futurama's original run was cancelled before Foster's even started, since then the only new Futurama content that's come out has been four movies, and, predictably, none of them spoofed Foster's. That's the only show on the list I'm 100% sure of (The Simpsons comes close) but none of those shows are likely to ever reference it. (From what I've heard, though, Family Guy crams a thousand pop culture references into every episode.)

Anyway, you don't really seem to be trying to keep your family from knowing you watch Foster's as much as you don't want them to know it exists.

Cassini90125
07-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Family Guy briefly spoofed Scooby-Doo one time. Kind of amusing. :cheesegrin:

As for Foster's, I'm happy to tell anyone who's listening that I watch it, and why, if the conversation goes that far. As far as I'm concerned, it's nothing to be embarrassed about. :frankiesmile:

Lynnie
07-27-2009, 09:04 AM
Sometimes I find myself bashful to admit I'm such a big cartoon fan, but that's because I don't know if they'll understand more than I'm embarrassed of it. I've never hesitated to tell people how much I like cartoons though, as I know it's nothing to be ashamed of. And as far as Foster's goes, I more than glad to talk about it. If all works out well, I'll turn the interest in whoever I'm talking to, and they might start to like the show too! It's worth a shot, and I never pass up an opportunity to increase it's popularity. :up:

PeterFoster111
07-27-2009, 09:51 AM
OK, they might keep producing more episodes of those shows, but my family KNOWS that I watch fosters. It's ok to know what the show name is, but the most embarrasing thing is the characters. Oh, I forgot to tell you, my sister has heard of foster's and she knows nearly everybody.

Cassini90125
07-27-2009, 10:07 AM
I find nothing embarrassing about the characters and in particular how I feel about Frankie:

http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56&page=60

Scroll down to Post #599. :frankiesmile:

Major Abbey
07-27-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm a big Simpsons fan, and they haven't spoofed Fosters. I don't think Family Guy has either - not sure about American Dad, though. Futurama definitely hasn't.

Why is it embarrassing for your family to know the characters?

By the way - Cassini, good for you. I've felt that way about characters before, and good for you not being ashamed of it. If Frankie knew, she'd really appreciate that. :frankiesmile:

PeterFoster111
07-28-2009, 08:15 AM
I find nothing embarrassing about the characters and in particular how I feel about Frankie:

http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56&page=60

Scroll down to Post #599. :frankiesmile:

Cass, I read the post. You can do whatever you want with Frankie about your feelings to her, and you can show your family too. That's your life. My life is way diffrent than yours.

Have I ever told you I had Asperger Syndrome? Abbey does too. And that could be why I don't want to show my family the characters. Now, I don't want to go off topic. If we go off topic too much then Sparky is bound to post here and lock the thread. Thanks Abbey for telling me about the shows. Now I am quite ok with not worrying about the Simpsons or the other shows out there spoofing foster's. However, if there IS a foster's spoof, then I will turn off the TV immidiately. Period.

Creamy
08-02-2009, 01:07 PM
What does Asperger Syndrome have to do with watching Fosters?

Lynnie
08-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Nothing. The OP was just worried some of the cartoons his family watches would spoof Foster's, and for some reason he wanted to keep Foster's a complete secret. Not only did he not want them to know he likes it, but he didn't want them to know that it even existed apparently. *shrug* Doesn't matter now though. He's been banned. :P

Creamy
08-05-2009, 03:59 PM
I was just wondering why it was the reason he didn't want his parents to know, but now he is banned and we will never know, so there you go *shrugs shoulders*

Sparky
08-05-2009, 04:09 PM
No, I understand, I didn't know what he meant either. Btw I haven't closed this topic because where Foster's is spoofed in other programs is a perfectly good subject, so as long as it stays on that topic it can stay open.

Creamy
08-06-2009, 04:02 AM
In which case, (I know it's been mentioned but) this makes me laugh everytime 8D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMjrHOMKbUE

Bloo4Ever
08-06-2009, 07:44 AM
I know that American Dad actually makes a lot of Cartoon Network references (I think I saw Dexter's Laboratory one time) but it's probably because Seth MacFarlane used to work for the CN team back in the day, and plus American Dad is not nearly as popular as Family Guy, so he's given more freedom with it. So anyways, it's possible for him to make a Foster's referance in the future.

Also, Robot Chicken is the same, spoofs a lot of Cartoon Network shows.

taranchula
08-06-2009, 12:09 PM
The closest Robot Chicken ever got to a Foster's parody is a couple of vicious stabs at The Powerpuff Girls.

If RC does decide to parody Foster's in the near future which could be an outside possibility seeing as how they like to poke fun at practically everything on that show from the mega popular to the obscure, then Hopefully they'll be able get Keith to reprise Bloo. After all KF did lend his voice to a couple of episodes of RC, most notably the two Star Wars specials.

jekylljuice
08-07-2009, 03:56 AM
Didn't Codename: Kids Next Door also reportedly tip the hat to Foster's once? I have not seen the episode in question, but there was a thread about it here:

http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1322&page=2

Being spoofed by a fellow CN show is one thing, but I would be very surprised if Foster's ever shows up in the likes of The Simpsons, Family Guy, etc. It was a popular enough show in its own field, but it didn't achieve nearly the same all-encompassing cultural impact as the likes of The Powerpuff Girls and Spongebob Squarepants. Whereas even folks who don't watch much contemporary kids' TV could probably recognise who those characters are, a Foster's-based gag would be a heck of a lot more esoteric.

GooGoo
08-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I would be very surprised if any show that wasn't on CN parodied Foster's Home.
But I mean, Family Guy parodies everything.

KazooBloo
12-23-2016, 09:42 PM
Lots of shows spoof others.