PDA

View Full Version : "Destination Imagination" gets Emmy nomination

Ccook50
07-16-2009, 04:59 AM
The Emmy nominees for the past year have been announced, and the episode Destination Imagination has been nominated for Outstanding Animated Program, One Hour or More. It will go up against Spike TV's Afro Samurai: Resurrection.

In the Less Than One Hour category, American Dad ("Sixteen Hundred Candles"), Robot Chicken ("Robot Chicken: Star Wars, Episode II"), The Simpsons ("Gone, Maggie, Gone"), and South Park ("Margaritaville") got nominations.

All the nominees can be seen here (http://cdn.emmys.tv/downloads/2009/61stemmys_noms.pdf) (PDF file.) The Emmys for the animated shows are handed out some two weeks or so ahead of the main show in the Creative Arts division.

cartman414
07-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Yes! The competition is a lot narrower this time around. (Interestingly enough, Grey DeLisle was also in Afro Samurai: Resurrection.)

I'm also pleased to see 30 Rock get so many nominations once again. I hope NBC feels stupid for putting it on three-month hiatus for the new season.

Major Abbey
07-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Glad to see Fosters getting a nomination. I'm not so keen on the Simpsons episode they chose, though (I'm a Simpsons fan, and I really didn't like that one).

Bloo4Ever
07-16-2009, 12:39 PM
I admit, Afro Samurai: Resurrection was amazing, but it didn't have enough feeling as Destination Imagination, so Foster's FTW! :bloogrin:

I'm not so keen on the Simpsons episode they chose, though (I'm a Simpsons fan, and I really didn't like that one).

That episode was the best one of Season 20! I really hope it wins actually . But I'm surprised the South Park episode 'About Last Night...' didn't get nominated :terrconf:

Anyways, here's hoping Foster's can add another Emmy to it's collection one last time.

Cassini90125
07-16-2009, 12:41 PM
I want this so bad. No episode or movie deserves it more. Here's hoping. :frankiesmile:

Major Abbey
07-16-2009, 01:40 PM
That episode was the best one of Season 20! I really hope it wins actually . But I'm surprised the South Park episode 'About Last Night...' didn't get nominated :terrconf:

I'm going to have to disagree with you there; I thought it was really, really overrated. Personally I thought "Eeny, Teeny, Maya, Moe" was better.

frankie_fan
07-16-2009, 02:26 PM
I want this so bad. No episode or movie deserves it more. Here's hoping. :frankiesmile:

I couldn't agree more! In fact, I'll go so far to make my predictions now 8D:

Outstanding Animated Program, One Hour or More: Destination Imagination!

Outstanding Animated Program, Less Than One Hour: Robot Chicken!

Lynnie
07-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Aaaaahh!!! This is just way too awesome! Go Foster's, GO!! :yeah:

Another Simpsons nomination? Not that I hate the show, but they've got enough already. When will those guys give it a rest? ::)

Howard
07-16-2009, 08:51 PM
It is time for that show to retire!

cartman414
07-16-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm more disappointed that it was Family Guy that was the first animated series since the Flinstones to get a Best Comedy nomination. Family Guy is just lucky to have been around at the right time, and have the most buzz around it.

MaxJ1800
07-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Fosters might just get one last piece of glory. Destination Imagination has been nominated for Outstanding animated programming one hour or longer. Good new is it only has one competitor. Bad news is, that competitor is Afro Samurai. Keep your fingers crossed.

Major Abbey
07-17-2009, 07:14 AM

Agreed. Like I said, I am a fan, but I'm getting annoyed with it now.

PeterFoster111
07-17-2009, 10:22 AM

NO WAY HOZAY :nodno: FOSTER'S IS THE BEST SHOW EVER. I NEVER SEEN SUCH BEUTY IN THE SHOW.

jekylljuice
07-17-2009, 10:29 AM
NO WAY HOZAY :nodno: FOSTER'S IS THE BEST SHOW EVER. I NEVER SEEN SUCH BEUTY IN THE SHOW.

He's talking about The Simpsons (and yes, it is). Foster's has already retired, so it's a little late to be protesting.

Oh, and kudos to DI on the nomination. Fingers crossed. :)

Howard
07-18-2009, 11:38 AM

It is okay Peter, I was talking about the Simpsons. In my humble opinion, Fosters was retired in it's prime. But it is what it is, and I can only hope specials or DVDs from Fosters will follow.:frankiesmile:

xxfostersxwiltxlovexx
07-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Foster's really does deserve one last moment of glory. Seeing as how many fans of the show there were and still are.
How many Emmy Awards does the show already have? I read once that Foster's was an Emmy winning show but i could never find what for...:(

Lynnie
07-18-2009, 09:36 PM
There are 6 Emmys that Foster's won over the years-

Outstanding Individual Achievement in Animation
Mike Moon (art director)
For episode "House of Bloos"
Craig McCracken (character designer)
For episode "House of Bloos"
Ed Baker (storyboard artist)
For episode "World Wide Wabbit"
Shannon Tindle (character designer)
For episode "Go Goo Go"
Dave Dunnet (background key designer)
For the special "Good Wilt Hunting"
Benjamin Balistreri (character design)
For episode "Mondo Coco"

If DI makes the list too, that will bring it to a lucky number 7! :bloosmirk:

Cassini90125
07-18-2009, 09:43 PM
"Outstanding Animated Program, One Hour or More" is the big one, though. Winning that one would be the crowning achievement for the series. :frankiesmile:

Ccook50
07-19-2009, 03:16 AM
The Emmys the show has won are "special juried" Emmys and are outside the jurisdiction of nominations.

One Radical Dude
07-19-2009, 04:07 PM
To see this series get this Emmy nomination is huge. I definitely want to see this series capture the Emmy for DI.

Traveler
07-20-2009, 09:48 AM
I agree completely. That would be awesome.

Ccook50
08-17-2009, 06:26 AM
Today is when the special juried Emmys are awarded. I wouldn't be surprised to see Foster's nab a couple of those.

Cassini90125
09-08-2009, 10:23 PM
The awards for the nominated shows will be handed out September 12, a week before the main Emmy telecast.

Three days to go. Anyone else feeling anxious? I want this so bad, for so many reasons. Stars, I'm going to be a wreck by Saturday. :bloocross:

Lynnie
09-08-2009, 10:43 PM
That would be great, still hoping for the best! :frankiesmile: I'm really hoping it brings an Emmy home too because not only was it popular with the fans, it was just so original and fresh, with great plot and animation and, well, everything!

frankie_fan
09-09-2009, 01:19 AM
Three days to go. Anyone else feeling anxious? I want this so bad, for so many reasons. Stars, I'm going to be a wreck by Saturday. :bloocross:

Definately. I'm just as anxious as you are, Cass.

BTW, Mythbusters got nominated! Yay! 8D

frankie_fan
09-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Don't mean to double post, but I'm assuming that after the ceremony, highlights from the show will be shown on E! on Friday, September 18 at 1:00pm. Just in case you didn't get to catch the winners or something. :blooconf:

One Radical Dude
09-12-2009, 05:23 PM
They did it!!!!!

I read Lauren's FB update, and it was "Just won an Emmy with her husband and the Foster's crew!!!".

:yeah:

Imaginary Light
09-12-2009, 06:15 PM
OMG, yes! That's FANTASTIC news!:bloocross:

Cassini90125
09-12-2009, 06:38 PM
They did it!!!!!

I read Lauren's FB update, and it was "Just won an Emmy with her husband and the Foster's crew!!!".

:yeah:

No movie, episode, or central character deserves it more. Thank you so much to Craig, Lauren, and everybody else who worked on the movie for creating such a masterpiece, and thank you to the Academy for giving it the recognition and award that it so richly deserves. ;D

Destination Imagination. The Absolute Best. :frankiesmile:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/Cassini90125/DIC.gif

Lynnie
09-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I saw the same update, along with I think three other identical ones. :D Many congrats to Craig and Lauren and the whole Foster's crew, they all totally deserved this! :clap: :w00t: :yeah:

taranchula
09-12-2009, 07:37 PM
This news calls for some celebratory music,

Take it away Mister Joe Esposito:

You’re the best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down
You’re the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down
You’re the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own!

In all seriousness though I cannot think of a more satisfying way to close the book on one of the most hilarious animated programs of the last decade.

Kudos to the cast and the crew, I once again salute your genius. :bloogrin:

frankie_fan
09-12-2009, 07:45 PM
W00T!! That just made this hot day not so hot anymore! :frankiesmile: Even though I have the ceiling fan on. ^^;

I'm now curious as to how Cass reacted to this! 8D

Shelltoon
09-12-2009, 08:22 PM
THEY DID IT! THEY FINALLY DID IT!! Foster's FINALLY took home a big cheese emmy for best animated feature over an hour!! *catches breath* Ahem... uh, yeah... congratulations Foster's crew, Craig, and Lauren on snagging a big emmy. What a way to end the show's legacy, huh?

Cassini90125
09-12-2009, 09:53 PM
W00T!! That just made this hot day not so hot anymore! :frankiesmile: Even though I have the ceiling fan on. ^^;

I'm now curious as to how Cass reacted to this! 8D

See Post #29. ;) In person I let out a loud w00t. 8D

THEY DID IT! THEY FINALLY DID IT!! Foster's FINALLY took home a big cheese emmy for best animated feature over an hour!! *catches breath* Ahem... uh, yeah... congratulations Foster's crew, Craig, and Lauren on snagging a big emmy. What a way to end the show's legacy, huh?

The best way possible. And go ahead and be exuberant; I'm still giddy about it. :frankiesmile:

One Radical Dude
09-12-2009, 10:21 PM

Indeed. CN needs to take notes on a victory like this one. I can guarantee you that they won't win an Emmy with any show on the CN Real block. I do not see that happening. :P

This is definitely too sweet to see the series win the Emmy. :)

jekylljuice
09-13-2009, 01:53 AM
I was so happy to log in this morning and read the good news. Congratulations, Foster's! :frankiesmile:

Ccook50
09-13-2009, 02:56 AM
Most excellent news. Glad to see the crew go out on the highest note possible.

Major Abbey
09-13-2009, 05:27 AM
This is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! :bloogrin: I am serious; I'm so glad they took home an Emmy. I'm with Cassini; "Destination Imagination" was a masterpiece and honestly deserved that award. Congratulations to Craig, Lauren and everyone else who worked on it. :frankiesmile:

Bloo4Ever
09-13-2009, 10:28 AM
(Wow, haven't been on in like, a month >.>, but no better time to come back than right now :D)

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! This totally makes my awesome week all the more awesomest! They just went out with a bang! Afro Samurai was good and all, but Foster's so much more deserved this! :) :bloogrin:

In tribute to this awesome win, I present you the snapshot of Mac and Bloo holding the Emmy (Even though this is a hastily done photo, its definitely my favorite hastily done photo :D)

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n371/kidssj4goku/TheyWonTheEmmy-1.jpg

To those who don't want the poloroid and want to use the pic somewhere else, by all means:

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n371/kidssj4goku/Emmy2.png

I'm sorry the resolutions are horrible for both pictures, but I'll try and fix that and smooth the images soon :)

EDIT: Replaced previous image with better version

Major Abbey
09-13-2009, 11:12 AM
I love that picture. :bloogrin:

Mac-a-lacka
09-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Hooray! Reading this made me so happy. ;D :bloogrin:

Bloo4Ever
09-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Thanks Abbey :)

(BTW I replaced the previous image with a better vers. Still flawed, but a lot less than before)

Cassini90125
09-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Great pics! Thirty bucks says Bloo'll sell the statue for videogame money, though. 8D

From Lauren's Milky Way and the Galaxy Girls site:

http://www.milkywayandthegalaxygirls.com/solarsisterhoodblog/?p=495

The page includes links to a number of other pages worth checking out. :frankiesmile:

Again, thanks and congratulations to everyone involved with the movie. You deserve it. :frankiesmile:

lucyrocks73
09-13-2009, 01:41 PM
(*applauds*)

Ah, finally...

I'm so proud of them!!!

-Marty :goo:

frankie_fan
09-13-2009, 01:52 PM
(Wow, haven't been on in like, a month >.>, but no better time to come back than right now :D)

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! This totally makes my awesome week all the more awesomest! They just went out with a bang! Afro Samurai was good and all, but Foster's so much more deserved this! :) :bloogrin:

In tribute to this awesome win, I present you the snapshot of Mac and Bloo holding the Emmy (Even though this is a hastily done photo, its definitely my favorite hastily done photo :D)

http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n371/kidssj4goku/TheyWonTheEmmy-1.jpg

To those who don't want the poloroid and want to use the pic somewhere else, by all means:

I'm sorry the resolutions are horrible for both pictures, but I'll try and fix that and smooth the images soon :)

EDIT: Replaced previous image with better version

Awesome images, but... shouldn't Frankie be the one holding the Emmy? The movie was about her after all. :frankiesmile:

koosie
09-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Hot dog!

Bloo4Ever
09-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Awesome images, but... shouldn't Frankie be the one holding the Emmy? The movie was about her after all. :frankiesmile:

I was thinking of that, but this image was kinda a spur-of-the-moment thing. But I'll definitely do one, and hopefully it'll be of a much higher standerd than the Bloo/Mac one :D

So expect a Frankie Polaroid too I guess XD

Lynnie
09-13-2009, 06:42 PM
I love the pics, Bloo4Ever! :bloosmirk: I can't see any flaws, you did a good job on them. I like the one of Madame F holding the statuette that Lauren posted, too. But yeah, it should be Frankie holding the gold. I look forward to seeing one with her. :frankiesmile:

Howard
09-14-2009, 04:33 AM
A well deserved Award for the Foster's Crew! The tributes above are a nice touch to the thread. Awesome work.:frankiesmile:

bloonuggets
09-14-2009, 04:47 PM

Quite the way to go out, I always say...

And guess waht? It airs Wednesday (9/16) at 10 AM ET/PT. Tape it (or TiVo it) if you must

L.G.
09-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Kudos to everyone who worked on "Destination Imagination" for the emmy and entertaining us all.

Mr. Marshmallow
09-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Yeah I have to say this was a wonderful and pleasant surprise. Not that I wasn't thinking Fosters could win it or anything, but awards are very tricky and every time I try and pick one out I always end up picking the wrong one and well its just really great to see Fosters get some well earned recognition for their work on the show.

Fosters was always a kick ass show but I truly believe that this special was WELL deserving of this award, it deserved every glorious golden bit of it and I am proud as can be for them and for everyone that made it possible for Fosters to win this. And thanks to Frankie her lovely sweet self for without her, this special would not have been possible :D.

KazooBloo
12-06-2016, 10:18 PM
It unfortunately didn't win.

Cassini90125
12-07-2016, 02:14 AM
Yes, it did. Read the entire thread.

KazooBloo
12-07-2016, 05:25 PM
I don't have to. I just got it confused with something else.