PDA

View Full Version : Make your own Foster's Home DVD'S!

PeterFoster111
07-04-2009, 11:49 AM
It's amazing and fortunetly, IT'S NOT ILLEGAL :bendy:

1. Go to the downloads page here: http://www.fosters-home.com/download.htm

2. Choose any episode, short, special, or other video you would like to have. Click the 1 beside the name and a window will open up to a download page for the video on Mega Upload.

3. When the download menu comes up, click "Save".

4. The best place to save the video is your desktop OR in a folder, so save it in either places.

5. Get a DVD + RW or other DVD type of disc and insert it into your main CD drive.

6. AutoPlay may come up. Close that down.

7. Open "Windows DVD Maker."

8. On DVD Maker click "Add File." and find the video you have downloaded.

9. Click "Next"

10. Choose the Menu Style and when you are happy with your choice click "Burn".

11.Your DVD will start progress in creating. When the process is done, the CD will eject and the proccess will say "Your DVD is ready."

12. Take out your DVD and insert it into your DVD Player drive. (It is ideal that you use a CD Marker pen to write the Video name on the CD. For Example: Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends - Dinner is Swerved.)

13. Enjoy the video :bloogrin:

NOTE: When you play the DVD, color may be darker in contrast like the olden days. They will always be in color, just a little diffrent from an actual real DVD like you would normally buy in a shop. But, no matter the color, the DVD is very enjoyable and you can always change the color.

ALSO, READ THIS, VERY IMPORTANT!: It's best not to sell home made DVD's to the public. If you are unsure if it is illegall or unillegall then find a website where you can read your country's law and find out. If it is illegall, then don't. If it isn't, do whatever you want with selling it. Ebay is an ideal place to sell your home made DVD's. Don't worry, you can still make a copy for yourself. Making DVD's on your computer is unlimited. But the most important thing you need is a video that you can download.

Natty
07-06-2009, 11:22 AM
For as far as I know, it IS illegal to copy the episodes from the computer onto the DVD.

All honest and real fans should (and shall) buy the DVD's.

Cartoon Network and Craig McCracken's team will be very gratefull to everyone who will decide to purchase the DVD's and official merchandise, rather than making their own bootlegs.

sidenote: off course, custom made merchandise that has never been created by the official sources do not count as bootlegs. Those are considered 'fanart' most of the time.

Cassini90125
07-06-2009, 11:27 AM
Agreed. I recorded all the episodes on my DVR but that didn't stop me from buying the official DVDs as soon as they were released. :frankiesmile:

Natty
07-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Besides:

for me the point in uploading files is so people can SEE the eps/shorts, not so they can own perfect quality copies on their computers or to burn homemade DVDs.

There you go.

Sparky
07-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Wow. I would think that anyone who wants to make their own DVDs of the Foster's eps would not need instructions. At least not such basic ones. People will know to use WinDVD if they have it, but if they have *problems* with WinDVD this thread is useless. :/

And I don't want people talking about selling bootleg DVDs here, like, ever. Don't even mention it, please. Thanks.