PDA

View Full Version : Let's get supernatural.

Tonya
09-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Ever heard or seen things from the weird and unexplained? Let a Rip.

One time a long time ago, I acidently left a tape recorder on in the bedroom that used to be mine. The next day I found the recorder and took the tape out, put it somewhere, and forgot about it since. Well, a year or so ago I found that tape again, not knowing what was on it and I played it back.

I can't even put it into good words of how it sounded, but it freaks me out just thinking about it. It mostly sounded like deep growling and low toned grumling voices that couldin't be understood. Then in the middle of it, it stoped into a eerie dead silents. Then echoing footsteps could be heard, sounding real far away, then the deep gowling, mumbling unaudible voices could be heard again.
I'd give about anything if I had the tape, and had the equipment to send it to everybody so they could hear it.
Remember in one of my other posts I said I had that imaginary friend Spooky? Um, he was actually an imaginary demon. Why I imagined him? I have no idea, I was weird. I only brought him up because the same room that I left the tape recording in was the same room me and him used to hang out in alot, plus at that same time period that the recording took place I had him as my friend. The two things I just mentioned might not have to do with one another, but even a 5 yr old having an imaginary demon friend can't help bring good spirits into the house any, right?

Bloo2daMacs
09-16-2006, 04:20 PM
ooooh... spooky!

BlooCheese
09-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Uh...one time when I was five or something, I was standing in the kitchen. I looked towards the refrigerator and I saw a lobster crawl out from underneath. I swear it looked like a lobster.

Bloo2daMacs
09-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Uh...one time when I was five or something, I was standing in the kitchen. I looked towards the refrigerator and I saw a lobster crawl out from underneath. I swear it looked like a lobster.

well that's weird!

Matchsticks
09-16-2006, 05:05 PM
When I was seven I use to watch 'I Love Lucy' before going to bed. Well one night, I was watching it and something popped out from underneath my bed (It was really furry and that is all I remember) and I don't mean pop out as if I leaned over my bed side I could see it I mean popped out as in it blocked my view of the T.V. I screamed (the only time in my life I screamed in fear) and ran to the living room and told my parents. They told me it was my imgination and tucked me back into bed (with the normal, 'Amanda, there is nothing underhere' with the checking under the bed)

I am 19 now, and I still say it was real.

Sparky
09-16-2006, 07:47 PM
This actually wound up having a logical explaination but it freaked me the hell out until I knew what it was.

My mom and I went to see The Ring at the mall theatre and it scared the crap out of both of us. Afterwords I turned my cell phone back on and I had a voice message, so I listend to it. It was like a minute and a half of echoey voices and footsteps and a muffled "underwater" type noise.

I later figured out that I had accidentally speed-dialed my own phone and left a voice message of us walking through the mall with the phone in my purse.

taranchula
09-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Once at my friends cottage (An old farm house in the middle of Quebec), I was the lucky one who got to sleep in a room where somebody had passed away a long time ago and was supposed to be haunted by their spirit, I didn't see anything out of the ordanary, but the room was a lot colder then all the other rooms in the house, and one night it felt like my bed was floating. It wasn't really but it just seemed that way.

kageri
09-16-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm totally Eduardoing out at this thread, especially the story about the furry thing.

DoubleLatte
09-16-2006, 09:26 PM
This actually wound up having a logical explaination but it freaked me the hell out until I knew what it was.

My mom and I went to see The Ring at the mall theatre and it scared the crap out of both of us. Afterwords I turned my cell phone back on and I had a voice message, so I listend to it. It was like a minute and a half of echoey voices and footsteps and a muffled "underwater" type noise.

I later figured out that I had accidentally speed-dialed my own phone and left a voice message of us walking through the mall with the phone in my purse.

Under normal circumstances, if that would have happened to me I would have just thought it was some moron who dialed the wrong number or totally forgot to leave a voice message. But after watching The Ring, that would have just given me a heart attack. I'm so bad at watching horror movies and being able to cope with my imagination afterwards. How long did it take to find out you had dialed your own cell phone?

Sparky
09-16-2006, 09:31 PM
How long did it take to find out you had dialed your own cell phone?

It was sometime later that same day, so several hours I guess.

That movie basically messed me up for life in general. :) The worst thing was late one night I was in the living room and was the last to go to bed, so I turned the light off and started down the hall towards my bedroom, the only light in the house now being the nightlight in the bathroom at the end of the hall. In the light of the nightlight I saw a figure moving out of the darkness closer in the mirror, a figure in white with long dark hair. It was myself of course but I almost died. :) I worship that movie, it *totally* messed me up.

scary_dream
09-16-2006, 10:45 PM
That reminds me of a mirror setup we have in our house. If you sit at the barstools and have the lights on above you but the lights in the bathroom out, it looks like there's a "floating head"-like image in the bathroom. It's just our medicine cabinet mirrors, but at a glance it'll scare the bejeebers out of you.

Although... I do think my house may be actually haunted. So much weird stuff has happened. We'll wake up to broken drinking glasses lined up on the counter, and once my opaque curtains moved like someone was pushing them from behind (seriously... I saw hand indentions) and I looked behind them to maybe catch my sister in trying to trick me, but... nothing. Those are just a few of the things, but the most recent occurence was whenever my dad was taking a picture of me by my new car. There's me in the foreground, and in the windows behind me you can see faces. I counted at least five distinct faces... I STILL get goosebumps whenever I look at that picture. :wiltshock:

It may sound fake, but I know it all happened!

Matchsticks
09-17-2006, 09:10 AM
I'm totally Eduardoing out at this thread, especially the story about the furry thing.

So am I, that is how come I packed underneath my bed so full of books not even spiders could get in.

@Scary_Dream: Can you scan it, pwease? *loves pictures like that*

BlooCheese
09-17-2006, 09:46 AM
That reminds me of a mirror setup we have in our house. If you sit at the barstools and have the lights on above you but the lights in the bathroom out, it looks like there's a "floating head"-like image in the bathroom. It's just our medicine cabinet mirrors, but at a glance it'll scare the bejeebers out of you.

Although... I do think my house may be actually haunted. So much weird stuff has happened. We'll wake up to broken drinking glasses lined up on the counter, and once my opaque curtains moved like someone was pushing them from behind (seriously... I saw hand indentions) and I looked behind them to maybe catch my sister in trying to trick me, but... nothing. Those are just a few of the things, but the most recent occurence was whenever my dad was taking a picture of me by my new car. There's me in the foreground, and in the windows behind me you can see faces. I counted at least five distinct faces... I STILL get goosebumps whenever I look at that picture. :wiltshock:

It may sound fake, but I know it all happened!
That is very frightening.
I think there's somebody living in my attic.

scary_dream
09-17-2006, 11:53 AM
@Scary_Dream: Can you scan it, pwease? *loves pictures like that*

I definetely will if I can do it without my computer freezing up like it's been doing here of late.

kageri
09-17-2006, 12:59 PM
Oh, I went to the Winchester Mystery House once, except no paranormal activity occurred there. The pictures of the room she died in always came out dark, but that was just the camera probably. I was slightly disappointed, but it was fun. The tiny staircases and dead-end doors were trippy.

Matchsticks
09-17-2006, 01:31 PM
I wanna go to the Winchester Mystery House!

I just now remembered another story, one time I bought a lamp from Goodwill and put it in my room. Well, that night when I went to bed, the air just seemed kinda of heavy. Each night after that the air seemed to get heavier and heavier. I had a friend spend the night later on that week and during the night I asked her how she felt, she said that it seemed like something was pushing down on her (I was feeling it also) and then I threw something at the lamp and the pressure stoped. The next morning I got rid of the lamp.

koosie
09-17-2006, 02:20 PM
OK check this out for spine chilling:

Late one night, many years ago, I was getting a a lift back home on the back of a friend's motorbike after a rubbish party across the misty north Kent marshes on the Thames estuary, which in those days was quite unpopulated. The smooth ride on the empty, unlit road was suddenly interrupted when my friend swerved the bike into the middle of the road, leaning us over in way that seemed unnecessary and dangerous. As we straightened up I shouted muffled accusations and questions but received no reply but a shake of the head.
Only on reaching our destination did he tell me why he had swerved. Still obviously shaking, he described how he'd seen, in the single headlight, dark metal gates, like wrought-iron, closing across the road and had swerved instinctively to pass throught the still-open middle. Such a thing was impossible of course, although neither of us used the road often, we knew there were no gates or any kind of barrier along it.
On investigating the site the next afternoon all we found was tell-tale peices metal in the weeds by the road and little bunches of long-dead plant matter wrapped in faded ribbons.

Bloo2daMacs
09-17-2006, 02:50 PM
the spookiest thing in my life is my adult cat. she always hides when some one knocks on the door, and she hates any one she doesn't know. (mind you it's a BLACK cat) It has scared me many times.

One time, I woke up in the middle of thenight and got out of bed to get a midnight snack. I opened up the door to my bedroom and looked down to see my cat there in the dark, in a somehow spooky way. Suddenly my cat jumped on me and started scratching me and hissing at me!! trust me, it looked REALLY creepy from my point of veiw. I ran into the living room and she was ACTUALLY following me!! I grabbed a pillow off the couch and used it as a sort of "sheild." She quickly ran under the dining table.

Man, that cat scares me...

Tonya
09-17-2006, 03:31 PM
I've seen cats outta the corner of my eyes before. Actually, I've seen many things outta the corner of my eyes before.

This one's freaky. It has to do with my sis in-law, Debbie. Keep in mind, this is really her story, not mine. Okay, it was on a Sunday and she got baptized that evening. So after that we come home and some hours later we went to bed. Keep in mind that the room she was sleeping in was my room, I had to sleep out with mom. Okay, she was asleep when she suddonly woke up to see some huge dark figure come out of my closet. The thing went over and leaned over her, sufficating her. It was real heavy she said, and she tried to fight it off but she couldn't move.
I forgot how else it went, but somehow something happened and it left. (Dang that reminded me of an evil "Monsters Inc" thing!)
Then she said, she got up and opened the door and when she looked out, all the furnature was gone. She called me and mom's name and we never answered. So she went back in and layed down, fliped on the tv, and didin't move a muscle till daylight.

scary_dream
09-17-2006, 04:25 PM
That's one of the only few things I'm afraid of - something coming up on me while I'm in bed. I do NOT want to wake up to something looking at me!

When I was younger I used to read stories that were supposed to be true (whether they were or not doesn't really matter now - they still scared me!) and some were about people waking up to something coming at them from the other side of the room. There was one about this woman who woke up to find a short hideously deformed man pulling at her and begging her to "let me out of here!"

Man... had that happened to me, I wouldn't have to dye my hair silver anymore. It'd be like that permanently, and I'd be in an institution.

taranchula
09-17-2006, 07:23 PM
the spookiest thing in my life is my adult cat. she always hides when some one knocks on the door, and she hates any one she doesn't know. (mind you it's a BLACK cat)

Dude, that sounds exactly like my older Brother's cat, same colour and everything.

Tonya
09-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Actually, that sounds alot like my cat. She hides from anyone she doesn't know. Mabe alot of cats are like that.

GrimTheLost
09-17-2006, 07:57 PM
Once, my family and I were watching "Green Mile" and there is a part where the little white mouse Jingles (or something like that) runs off screen and about that time a mouse looking exactly like it came from under the tv. Crazy stuff.

Emma
09-17-2006, 08:07 PM
I don't believe in the supernatural whatsoever, but after my cat died I began hearing his very, very distinctive meow everywhere. Despite it being nothing but wishful thinking on my part, it was pretty creepy as it was happening.

Tonya
09-17-2006, 09:23 PM
That's weird about that mouse thing.
I remember one time a long time ago, my aunt gave me this pretty little remote control car. It looked like a pink 80's Cadillac or something. Anyway, I used to play with it all the time. Well, one day she told me that she forgot to give me the batteries to it, so she asked me if I got batteries for it already. I told her No, I thought she already put batteries in it. Guess what? There were no batteries anywere! Not in the controller OR the car.

Matchsticks
09-17-2006, 09:33 PM
@Scary_Dream: If I woke up and there was anyone in my room besides me or my dog pass out right then and there from FEAR.

@Bloo2daMacs: That seems like normal cat behavior besides the attacking you part. Maybe she thought you were a stranger?

Oh! And I have another story (recent) One night I woke up and my bedroom door was open (I sleep with it closed in fear that I might wake up and see someone or something staring at me from it). Well I thought my dad must had opened it for some reason or another so I went to shut it. Well I peered out of my room and saw my father (or a man about my father's build with my dad's black muscle shirt on and his shorts) standing in the hallway looking up. I shrugged and went to bed. The next morning at breakfast I asked my dad what was so intresting that he had to look at it in the hallway last night.

He told me he wasn't in the hallway that night because he had actually taken his sleeping medication before going to bed.

scary_dream
09-17-2006, 10:42 PM
My regular door isn't so much a problem, but I have a sliding-glass door that takes up almost an entire wall in my room, and I REFUSE to look at it while I'm trying to go to sleep. It's got opaque curtains over it (the same ones that I saw being pushed from behind!)

I have to freakin' sleep in that room. :wiltshock:

kaytea
09-18-2006, 06:29 AM
I have on
okay one time when I was little me and my mom went into the kitchen to get something to eat and when we walked out the kitchen my mom screamed my name and she told me to look at my leg (forgot which one)and when I did I had a fresh cut running down from my top of my leg to the knee
and that cut wasn't there when I walked into the kitchen and there was not sharp objects sticking out and I didn't scrape against anything

Imaginary Light
09-18-2006, 12:55 PM
This isn't my story, but my friend Bonnie told me this story about her aunt. Well, her aunt bought this house from a really weird family, who would apparently pray very loudly very late at night and keep the neighbors awake. Well, she went up into the attic and found this box that said "do not open" on it. She, of course, was curious and opened it. Inside was this doll holding a picture of some girl laying on the kitchen table with her feet chopped off. There was other stuff too, but Bonnie couldn't remember.

kaytea
09-18-2006, 03:30 PM
*shudders* creepy O_O
and lol that was your 666 post XDD

BlooCheese
09-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Oh yeah? My locker number in the 7th grade was 666. The year after that, I got lucky number 113. Yeah, it's not 13, but it's close enough.

Matchsticks
09-18-2006, 05:40 PM
LOL @ Imaginary Light's 666 post

And that IS creepy. I would write a horror novel based off of it.

@vannielou: How odd, a couple of nights ago I had a nightmare about Zombies.

kageri
09-18-2006, 06:29 PM
He told me he wasn't in the hallway that night because he had actually taken his sleeping medication before going to bed.

Probably sleepwalking. I've done weird stuff in my sleep before.

IL, your story is hecka freaky. Sounds like something from a Japanese horror movie.

Matchsticks
09-18-2006, 07:12 PM
Probably sleepwalking. I've done weird stuff in my sleep before.

...But he was dressed. The reason why that is odd is behind the spoiler (to save those who don't want to know the image.) My dad sleeps naked.

GrimTheLost
09-18-2006, 07:33 PM
...My dad sleeps naked.

EWWW!!!! That is creepy! lol

BlooCheese
09-18-2006, 08:56 PM
...But he was dressed. The reason why that is odd is behind the spoiler (to save those who don't want to know the image.) My dad sleeps naked.

Er...er...maybe...maybe he dressed before sleep walking. There was this one time when I had a bad plugged up nose (I was supposed to be sleeping), and instead of going to the the bathroom next to my room, and found my way downstairs and used the bathroom down there and dragged all my blankets with me.
Oh. And I saw on TV that some person dreamt that there was a person with a knife in his room, so he fell out the window to "save" himself. And there was another person who was on a track team I think, and he had a competition the next day, and the night before the competition, he got hit by a truck in the middle of the night while he was still in his 'jammies. It turnd out that he was sleep "running" in preparation for his competition the next day.

Matchsticks
09-18-2006, 09:06 PM
I am curious did the sleep runner live after being hit?

scary_dream
09-18-2006, 10:42 PM
I've always been afraid of someone sleepwalking and attacking me, and me not being able to wake them up.

Back on the supernatural and AWAY from the naked dad stories lol...

My dad owns a restaurant, and the setup of the place is a large building pretty much divided in half, the kitchen and the dining room. He always sees a woman with her hair covering her face walking past the windowed swinging doors, but she's always in the room opposite the one he is in. What makes it so creepy is that he's had several other guys see her, too. Sometimes he'll have deliveries or visitors late at night after closing and everyone is gone but him, and a few of the delivery men have run into the dining room because they saw the woman and was going to ask if she needed help or something. I've never seen her, but I AM curious why she covers her face.

And once while I was there, I heard song being whistled but it wasn't coming from anywhere. It was almost like it was coming from everywhere, like it was all around me. I got kinda creeped out after that!

Imaginary Light
09-19-2006, 11:37 AM
*shudders* creepy O_O
and lol that was your 666 post XDD

Whoa...creepy:-[

Tonya
09-19-2006, 12:08 PM
Well, she went up into the attic and found this box that said "do not open" on it. She, of course, was curious and opened it. Inside was this doll holding a picture of some girl laying on the kitchen table with her feet chopped off. There was other stuff too, but Bonnie couldn't remember.

:wiltshock: *shudders* THAT is something that would make a really, really good horror novel! I'm serious! I would read it. If it were a movie, it would be like a Steven King type of film.
Oh, and scary_dream, my mom has seen MANY people and things that aren't there. So have I, and so have most of my family. Sometimes we see our dead family members outta the corners of our eyes.

CG
09-19-2006, 01:48 PM
My childhood house was haunted.

I'll just list what happened.

1. I would be able to see these aparitions throughout my time there, and I vividly remember waking up and seeing a man in a trenchcoat and hat stood at the foot of my bed. Another time I recall an old woman walking down the hallway. The real distinct one was when I was in the front play room and this person was looking at me from outside the window. Catch? They were hanging upside down from outside, and he was a child. I called him Andrew.

2. Multiple times my mother would find utensils taken out of the drawers and laid around the kitchen. The cupboards would also swing open and slam shut.

3. The dogs would not come inside the house. Ever. Even if it was raining and storms, thunder, lightning, hail, they would never come inside. And if we did carry them in, they'd howl and scream and wet themselves trying to get outside again.

4. My father was possessed.

5. We got so many experts into the house to try and rid us of the spirits. One priest managed for only a few moments. The whole house suddenly felt warm in the first time in years, but then 'they' started up again. They banged on the windows and doors trying to get back into their house again.

6. When we were getting to the end of our rope we slept in the caravan in the back yard. Said caravan rocked violently and we could hear the doors of the house opening and shutting, the whole house alive with activity.

7. One of our little dogs, we believe, was scared to death. She was only 6, and one day mum came home from shopping. She found poor Lucy right by the tire of the car, but by the looks of things it would seem she was run over by the car. But she wasn't. She was intact, no broken bones, no blood. And it seemed she'd been there for a while yet Mum just drove in.

8. Another of our little dogs kept ending up over in the neighbour's yard. I know, you think he got out or crawled underneath. Said dog was 10 years old, the fence was rooted at least two feet beneath the ground and was 6 feet high. The gates were always securely locked, and we checked for any holes. Found none.

9. When we finally moved, one of them followed us. I remember we were watching television when something walked straight past the outside window. And we had no visitors. No one could have gotten in.

In the end they just finally left us alone.

But the lady who bought the house form us kept calling, asking Dad to go back and check the fixtures and plumbing. Dad never went back.

kaytea
09-19-2006, 01:51 PM
My childhood house was haunted.

I'll just list what happened.

1. I would be able to see these aparitions throughout my time there, and I vividly remember waking up and seeing a man in a trenchcoat and hat stood at the foot of my bed. Another time I recall an old woman walking down the hallway. The real distinct one was when I was in the front play room and this person was looking at me from outside the window. Catch? They were hanging upside down from outside, and he was a child. I called him Andrew.

2. Multiple times my mother would find utensils taken out of the drawers and laid around the kitchen. The cupboards would also swing open and slam shut.

3. The dogs would not come inside the house. Ever. Even if it was raining and storms, thunder, lightning, hail, they would never come inside. And if we did carry them in, they'd howl and scream and wet themselves trying to get outside again.

4. My father was possessed.

5. We got so many experts into the house to try and rid us of the spirits. One priest managed for only a few moments. The whole house suddenly felt warm in the first time in years, but then 'they' started up again. They banged on the windows and doors trying to get back into their house again.

6. When we were getting to the end of our rope we slept in the caravan in the back yard. Said caravan rocked violently and we could hear the doors of the house opening and shutting, the whole house alive with activity.

7. One of our little dogs, we believe, was scared to death. She was only 6, and one day mum came home from shopping. She found poor Lucy right by the tire of the car, but by the looks of things it would seem she was run over by the car. But she wasn't. She was intact, no broken bones, no blood. And it seemed she'd been there for a while yet Mum just drove in.

8. Another of our little dogs kept ending up over in the neighbour's yard. I know, you think he got out or crawled underneath. Said dog was 10 years old, the fence was rooted at least two feet beneath the ground and was 6 feet high. The gates were always securely locked, and we checked for any holes. Found none.

9. When we finally moved, one of them followed us. I remember we were watching television when something walked straight past the outside window. And we had no visitors. No one could have gotten in.

In the end they just finally left us alone.

But the lady who bought the house form us kept calling, asking Dad to go back and check the fixtures and plumbing. Dad never went back.
*warps her self up in a blanket and shudders*

this thread freaks me out but I can't stay away from it

BlooCheese
09-19-2006, 04:03 PM
I am curious did the sleep runner live after being hit?

No. That's why it was on TV. Some people thought it was suicide, but the mother kept arguing that her son would never want to commit suicide.

scary_dream
09-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Jeez, CG, your story makes me happy that the ghosts in my house are just mischievous ones that only occasionally break glasses!:wiltshock: I mean, they've never done anything hurtful, really, and the only thing they do time after time is slam doors downstairs whenever I'm upstairs.

Imaginary Light
09-21-2006, 12:10 PM
:wiltshock: *shudders* THAT is something that would make a really, really good horror novel! I'm serious! I would read it. If it were a movie, it would be like a Steven King type of film.
Oh, and scary_dream, my mom has seen MANY people and things that aren't there. So have I, and so have most of my family. Sometimes we see our dead family members outta the corners of our eyes.

Yeah, I've actually been planning on writing a horror novel, and I would actually include those events in my story.

I have another one! There's this house in my neighborhood where (it was said) this old lady and her grandson used to live. The old lady was very wealthy and the grandson kept demanding money from her, even though she refused every single time. He ended up hanging the old lady on a tree in their backyard. I took a venture over there and there was a rope on the tree and pennies surrounding it. Now, I don't know if this story is true or not, but it's still creepy.

Kzinistzerg
09-22-2006, 02:20 PM
I saw this mountain once i nthe moon, but i was probably sleepy. You guys have such weird horror stories!

Tonya
09-30-2006, 06:18 PM
I was just thinking of my old imaginary friend, Spooky, which made me think of this.
Ever had an imaginary friend tell you to do bad things? It makes me wonder if they are really all that imaginary, or if their really little demons? Hmm. You never know!

Invader Bloo
09-30-2006, 06:26 PM
I beleive in Bigfoot/ Skunk Ape.

Kzinistzerg
09-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Well, i guess this dosn't count a a horro stopry, BUT:

when I wa si nsecond grade I woke up in the middle of the night with this exact poem in my head:

The gods I tease
I rest with Ease
Where none shall ever
Find Me
I lay in my grave
But none are so brave
As if to ever
find me

It was WEIRD... AT that point I think what when my faith in religion was fadaing, i remeber never really beliving in it all that much.

BlooCheese
10-01-2006, 09:19 AM
The gods I tease
I rest with Ease
Where none shall ever
Find Me
I lay in my grave
But none are so brave
As if to ever
find me

...eerie...

Does anybody ever feel like they're being watched and you keep looking over your shoulder and there's nobody there?

kaytea
10-01-2006, 10:02 AM
...eerie...

Does anybody ever feel like they're being watched and you keep looking over your shoulder and there's nobody there?
gaw yes I hate that feeling

Cassini90125
10-01-2006, 10:05 AM
I believe it's called "Paranoia".

kaytea
10-01-2006, 10:08 AM
I believe it's called "Paranoia".

I believe your right

Kzinistzerg
10-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Hey, paranoia is healthy! I tell you, those commies are watching me, waiting to make a move...

Seriously though, I think all people get that occasionally. If you ever look around in a crowd of people becuase you think someone's looking at you, there will be one or two becuase the movement of your head will draw their eyes.

Bloo2daMacs
05-24-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm reviving this thread, because it's incerdible, and I have a weird story.

For at least the past two weeks, I have been quite happy with life, and all the things around me, while almost every one around me is... well, not in a good mood. I suppose you could say I was "in first place". Well anyway, I've had a huge additcion to MarioKart DS. In the game, there is a thing they call a blue shell, which "bombs" the player in first place. For the past two weeks, I've been doing random things, completely urelated to MarioKart, the Nintedo DS, or Nintendo in general, and in my head flashes thr rankings of some one in seventh place using a blue shell on the person in firts, in this case, me. Now, at first I wasn't freaked out about it, until it happened about four other times. The fifth time, I visualized my self watching TV , with a blue shell circling around my head, and dropping on me. OUCH. This vision has come to my head at leats three times a wekk ever since. Recently, I became depressed, after remembering some... sad events. When I became depressed, one of my friends had become happy, and had been winning the girl of his dreams. Ever since I became depressed, he's been thinking about MarioKart, and often trips, crashes into walls, jabs himself with pencils, steps on sharp objects, and tons of other crap. I talked to my mom about this when I saw her the other day, and she said I'd been playing too many video games.

I agree. :P

But still, I think that it was some sort of sign, and MarioKart was the only way my brain could register it.

And a side note, when I was happy, one of my friends was out to get me, and when my friend was happy, the same friend that was out to get me, began hating HIM.

You can tell me it was all a coincedence, but I think it was a sign. Maybe not a supernatural sign, but still, incerdible coincedences.

scary_dream
05-24-2007, 10:56 PM
Strange coincidences are definetely something to think about. I understand the whole "Your brain only being able to relate it to you as a video game" thing... I have video game and cartoon dreams more than I have dreams in which everything is real-life.

Something supernatural and kind of weird has happened to me in two places of late.

I've mentioned my dad's restaurant here before, so here's some more stories: the bathroom doors often lock themselves from the inside when nobody is in there, and employees hear their names being called a lot. I mentioned that I hear whistling a lot, and just the other day I heard someone whistling for my attention and I looked around like a dork and nobody was there... apparently she's not afraid of a joke lol.

The other experience I've had recently is in the house I just moved into not too long ago. Before we had any boxes or furniture put in, my boyfriend and I cleaned the house from top to bottom. It took us all day, and by that night we were exhausted. We laid down on the living room floor and he fell asleep, but I stayed awake and listened to the silence of the house... but not for long. A little bit after he was asleep, I heard noises coming from the bathroom like someone was in there moving stuff around and slamming the toilet lid. I ignored it because even if there WAS a ghost in there, I was way too tired to deal with it that evening. Time went by, and about two weeks ago, my boyfriend had just gotten out of the shower when he came into the bedroom, looked at me strangely, and just said, "You're so freaking weird." I asked him why he thought so, and he said, "Because... weren't you taking pictures in the bathroom while I was showering?" After I told him no, he said "That's weird... I saw several camera flashes come from the other side of the curtain when I was in there."

Spooky man!

AerostarMonk
05-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Well, I've been doing research for a new writing project and I came across this odd legend. Now I can't get to sleep.

Pygmy Demons
Indian legends of the Arapahoe, Sioux, Cheyenne, and Crow tell of "tiny people eaters" who stand 20 inches tall. This legend was supported when an actual Pygmy person was found mummified in a local cave. The Pygmy mummy was brought to town and shown to various people. Over the years the pygmy mummy has brought bad luck and omens to those who possessed it. The Indian people still warn others to beware of the "tiny people eater" as they are rumored to still live a hidden life in the mountains and high places of Wyoming. Such a 'pygmy' was found in the Pedro Mountains by two gold miners. They burrowed into a natural pocket in the granite rock and found, on a ledge, a 19 inch mummy. The mine came to be called the 'Little Man', as a result

Bloo2daMacs
05-25-2007, 05:41 AM
That is kinda creepy. o.o

And yeah, Scary Dream, I have all sorts of cartoon/video game dreams. Most of the time I'm in a video game, being attacked or something. :P

emperor26
05-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Well, I've been doing research for a new writing project and I came across this odd legend. Now I can't get to sleep.

Pygmy Demons
Indian legends of the Arapahoe, Sioux, Cheyenne, and Crow tell of "tiny people eaters" who stand 20 inches tall. This legend was supported when an actual Pygmy person was found mummified in a local cave. The Pygmy mummy was brought to town and shown to various people. Over the years the pygmy mummy has brought bad luck and omens to those who possessed it. The Indian people still warn others to beware of the "tiny people eater" as they are rumored to still live a hidden life in the mountains and high places of Wyoming. Such a 'pygmy' was found in the Pedro Mountains by two gold miners. They burrowed into a natural pocket in the granite rock and found, on a ledge, a 19 inch mummy. The mine came to be called the 'Little Man', as a result

Interesting story there.

Still, feels creepy after reading about this, though.

Partymember
05-25-2007, 06:50 PM
holy crap, pygmy people. That is freaky. You know they find the wierdest mummies in our southwest, 10 foot tall coneheaded giants and now 20 inch high pygmies...creepy.

on the paranoia issue, every time a car passes me when i'm walking by i think i'm going to get gunned down by some thug with a MAC-10. True story.

scary_dream
05-25-2007, 09:15 PM
Hah yeah... I get paranoid because I have experienced stuff like my house and job, and while it isn't bothersome, it is still a little creepy when I'm alone. My imagination starts to run wild, and the next thing I know, I've got all the lights on in the house and leaving rooms backwards in case anything decides to come out after me.

Nobody is better at scaring me than me.

xxxClaire
05-27-2007, 04:14 PM
In my house I hear some strange noises at night... :macwor: Like some weird tapping sounds and footsteps. My curtains also moves around sometimes.

Fomalhaut
10-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Whoa, creepy stories...

Know that feeling when some light flashes at you and you see it through your closed eyelids? Well... it happened like 3 or 4 times that I was about to doze off, when I distinctly heard the click of an old-style camera and saw the flash; of course I was full awake immediately after. I was not sleeping, I'm sure 100%, but it last happened a few nights ago - and I'm not even home these days! It scares the hell out of me, though I am not really afraid of ghosts, since I met a friendly one. :)

Xroc88
10-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Lets get extra-terrestrial.

http://10-14-08.blogspot.com/

Lynnie
10-02-2008, 03:41 PM
I know it wasn't supernatural, but a few weeks ago I could have sworn I could hear my computer making noises in the middle of the night, when I knew for a fact it was in hibernation mode, and being a laptop, folded closed. I'm sure it was a dream, but the sounds sounded so real in my ears, I woke up and for some time I just lay there wondering "What the...?" It was kind of creepy because I was in bed, yet it was making noises as if I were on it. Was someone/something else on it?? :blooconf: When I got up the next morning, yup, there was my computer just where I left it, hibernating and folded up. It was still really weird though.

Howard
10-03-2008, 04:01 AM
My guest room is the coldest spot in the house; and at night (and wee hours of the morning) there are loud creaks that come from there. When I took a picture of my guitar collection in the livingroom - I captured 4 orbs of various sizes floating above me. I did NOT alter the photo. http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c315/duck2k/20080728_31.jpg

Lynnie
10-03-2009, 07:52 PM
As coincidence, it's been a perfect year since this thread has last been posted in. I swear, I didn't plan this. A bot was looking at this thread, so I decided to look and read it the whole way through and I'm suddenly reminded again that it's October now! Whoo hoo! :D I can go ahead and share some other stories other than my computer story two posts ago.

I worked at a certified nursing assistant for many years after high school. And the nursing home I worked at the longest while living in Albuquerque, New Mexico was said to be haunted by an old lady who use to be a resident there. And she stuck near the wing where she lived. Many of the night nurses and aids told stories of how they saw her walking down the hallway, and when they went to check to see if she needed help with something, there was no one there and all the other residents were fast asleep in their beds. There were a few reports of seeing her sitting on a bench out in the courtyard. The courtyard was completely surrounded by the building, so residents were free to go outside and walk around without any danger of wandering off. But at night the door to the courtyard was still locked. So when someone would see her out there, they'd check, and find the door was securely locked. I personally never experienced anything (I think the entity was smart and knew not to mess with me ;) ), but I do remember hearing tapping on the courtyard windows when there was no one there, or even any plants or trees close enough to the glass to hit it when the wind blew. And while walking down one of the hallways, I'd commonly walk through a cold spot. And that cold spot was never in the same place twice.

I lived in San Antonio, Texas for a while, and there's a haunting story about a school bus that had a run in with a train somewhere in the city. Many of the children on the bus were killed. My family never went out to the spot to see it for ourselves, but it's said that if you stop your car over the tracks and put it in neutral, it will mysteriously move forward until it's clear of the tracks. One of the TV stations tried this once and put talcum powder on their rear bumper before they tried it. After the car stopped moving, they looked at the rear bumper, and they could clearly see a few hand prints in the talcum powder.

And as for a non-ghost related story that involves me personally, when I was in college, I had recurring dreams of my best friend being abused and then a few where she was pregnant. They scared me, especially after having so many of them in a matter of months, but I never told anyone of them. Later that fall when school started again, I moved back to where my best friends were living, and I learned my best friend was pregnant. Turns out her boyfriend earlier that year had been abusive and had date-raped her. She decided it was such horrifying news, she only told the people she knew she couldn't hide the pregnancy from (those she saw in person on a regular basis), so she had never told me anything. But somehow I guess my subconscious knew it. And what makes it stranger, I learned the dreams started around the time she first met the guy. I still remember the goosebumps I got when I learned all this.

-The last story has a happy ending though. My "nephew" is now 11 years old, and his mom has been married to a wonderful man for over a year now. :)

Howard
10-04-2009, 07:12 PM
I think I have mentioned this before. The guestroom in my house (which I now occupy - long story), is possibly haunted. My dog has barked at nobody in particular in this room. Sometimes he will look right past me at one of the walls or corners. Unitl recently, it has been the coldest place in the house. As far as incidents, my bed has shaken gently (with me in it), like somebody trying to sit down, or apply pressure with their hand.

As far as research goes - I found nothing about this property (no deaths, murders, etc), except the tax and deed info. Nothing else exists other than the fact that we are a hop, skip, and a jump from the Res (Reservation).

I think since I moved into this room, things have been calmer.:)