PDA

View Full Version : "BatBloo and RobMac" limited edition print

Cassini90125
03-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Bloo and Mac as Batman and Robin in a limited edition 11" by 17" print, signed by the artist:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230330457156

Please note that the description doesn't say who the artist is, only that it was done by by "a great comic professional", so I can't say if this is Craig's work or not. My guess is the latter. Looks good whoever did it. :)

jekylljuice
03-11-2009, 07:25 AM
Hey, that's pretty nice - Bloo and Mac can pull off the whole Batman and Robin look surprisingly well. And it doesn't look like too bad a starting price either. :)

Mac-a-lacka
03-11-2009, 08:25 AM
Looks pretty great. ;D

Mac got to be the sidekick. 8D

jekylljuice
03-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Mac got to be the sidekick. 8D

Well, you gotta admit he looks the part. Plus, we all know that Bloo would have taken being allocated the role a lot less amicably. :bloosmirk:

taranchula
03-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Please note that the description doesn't say who the artist is, only that it was done by by "a great comic professional", so I can't say if this is Craig's work or not. My guess is the latter. Looks good whoever did it. :)

The picture shown doesn't contain the portion where the signature is located, so one can't cross reference it with anyone elses signature. (IE Craig has a rather distinct signature so it would have been easy to tell if it was his drawing or not.)

So I guess the only way to find out for sure is to buy the piece or get in contact with the seller.

Sparky
03-11-2009, 01:57 PM
I suspect this isn't "official". I asked the seller who the artist is.

Cassini90125
03-11-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm pretty curious about that as well. Whoever it is I seriously doubt it's Craig, otherwise I imagine that the seller would've advetised the fact.

Sparky
03-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Their reply was:

The piece is signed by L. Johnson I don't know if she worked on the show or not we picked this piece up at Megacon a few weeks ago. I hope this helps.

So L Johnson may or may not be an actual Foster's artist, I don't know off the top of my head. Maybe they do official illustrations for CN, perhaps CCook knows.

One Radical Dude
03-12-2009, 06:43 PM
My guess is that L. Johnson is a comic artist, or maybe she's not too well-known, but did some work for the series. It is a nice image, though. Still, I wonder about this L. Johnson person.

Sparky
03-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Thing is, if it does not say Cartoon Network anywhere on it (on the back or whatever), its not official period. It could simply be high-quality fanart. If you've been to a comics convention you'll know that people sell fanart and bootleg stuff at them all the time. So just because it came from a convention does not mean its official.

I'm just saying.

KazooBloo
12-14-2016, 11:58 PM
Swag.