PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye to Bloo (Series Finale?)

Blooregard 2.0
01-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Anyone know when its going to air in the US?

Luminouslolly
01-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Sometime in February, but that's all I can tell you.

Lynnie
03-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Huh, no one's updated this thread yet? :blooconf: Correction, the series finale is now due to air in the States in May. And it was suppose to have aired in Europe this last week, but due to a mix up at the station, it didn't. Apparently it's the last episode to air there, though.

Here's a blog done two days ago by one of the animators, bidding the show a final farewell.

The End of an Era (http://senorchips.blogspot.com/2009/03/end-of-era.html)

I loved this line-We are the people who are responsible for your children constantly repeating, "I like chocolate milk," we apologize. 8D

Cassini90125
03-07-2009, 03:49 PM
We are the people who are responsible for your children constantly repeating, "I like chocolate milk," we apologize.

8D That is priceless. 8D

antgirl1
03-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Geez...seeing this thread again suddenly gave me a very sad series finale possibility:

Foster's closing down. :(

I'm pretty sure it won't come to that, but it dawned on me a few minutes ago...

darkangelll
03-09-2009, 05:02 AM
I'm looking forward to the finale dunno when it's out though.:blooxd:

Invader Bloo
03-12-2009, 06:33 PM
Isn't there more episodes before the finale?

This saddens me because not only will the show end but so will this forum (probably). ;-(

Unless there's an update that makes it to a broader audience. (CN shows maybe?)

Lynnie
03-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Sparky already mentioned when the news first broke that the show was ending that the forum will likely go on for many years. I could understand if she downgrades it a bit to save money if it's not as active, but it'll still be here for a while.

And yes, there are four episodes that are suppose to air before the finale. Craig himself mentioned in an interview a few months ago that they and the finale are suppose to airing as part of a marathon, so the show's going to resume and end all in the same day. And according to Khaki Jones, this is suppose to happen in May, although we don't have a confirmed date yet.

Invader Bloo
03-12-2009, 06:42 PM
I think she should expand it to something, so we can still get some traffic. If I had a credit card, I'd certainly support the forum. But I don't. :(

Cassini90125
03-12-2009, 06:52 PM
I think she should expand it to something, so we can still get some traffic. If I had a credit card, I'd certainly support the forum. But I don't. :(

We take checks. :cheesegrin:

Invader Bloo
03-12-2009, 07:09 PM
No checks either.
*Searches pockets & pulls out some change, a knife & some lint* I has this much moneys!

Cassini90125
03-13-2009, 08:23 AM
We'll take it. ;)

I search occasionally but there's currently no info available on the episode that I can find, other than the title.

WiltGirl
04-01-2009, 12:14 PM
its hard to watch FHFIF when you havent got sky or dont live in the US. i can only hope it come son on freeveiw but its rare and the series they showing at the mo is about to stop! and i'm not allowed to get it on demand cos my parents h8 it and think i too old! :'(
and now i have just read bout it maybe stopping!!!!!! going to cry!!!!!

WG

Lynnie
04-13-2009, 05:10 PM
MSN TV (http://tv.msn.com/tv/series-episodes/foster%27s-home-for-imaginary-friends/?silentchk=1)

Huntsman shared this over at ToonZone today. This is the one and only place anyone can find a date for the last five episodes to air, and I'm not certain how credible it is, but it's NOT Wiki, or even Zap2It, so I'll give it half a chance until they pop up on CN's schedule. And all five are due to air on the same day, that being May 3rd. Looks right. Let's see if it follows through. *crosses fingers*

Edit: Oh, we also see the title of the only episode we had yet to learn the title of- "Fools and Regulations". No synopsis for it yet that I can find.

Cassini90125
04-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Excellent find. Time to get the popcorn and a box of tissues. :frankiesmile:

CrazyPhil
04-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Well, at least we finally have some solid info now, hopefully.

Mac-a-lacka
04-14-2009, 09:09 AM
How exciting. Hopefully it's the actual airdate. ;D

bloonuggets
04-22-2009, 06:18 AM
Khaki Jones, the former executive in charge of production has indeed confirmed the May 3 date.

taranchula
04-30-2009, 07:11 PM
We finally got a synopsis for this episode, Hooray!

Bloo and the Friends think Mac is moving away forever, so they set out to make his last day at Foster’s the greatest he’s ever had.

Yes, I know this was from the Newsrama interview but if you're like me then all of that extra clicking can be hard on one's clicker fingers. :p

So there it is, end of the line and really this looks like a nice sweet episode to end things on, that does what show does best, perfectly blend together humor and heart. (And hopefully won't suddenly fade to black in the middle of a scene like some finales I know. ;) )

Xroc88
05-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Wait, so they think he is moving away or is he really moving away? guess we will find out sunday. I hope frankie gets a good amount fo screen time like in the movie and just won't show a little bit of 2minutes of her and shove her in the back for the rest of the ep, i hated when that happened.

I man sure grey couldn't be available at all times but come on this is frankie!!

Dmitri Karamazov
05-02-2009, 07:19 PM
I freaked out when I heard the title. I'm both dreading and really looking foward to watching it.
This has been my favorite still-running TV show for nearly three years now (I didn't have cable before that..), and I have mixed feelings about it. I'm thrilled that we're finally getting new episodes, but I really don't want it to end. I hope they do it well. What I want is an ending that sparkles with the creativity and cleverness of the rest of the show, but has a certian finality. Something like the last strip of Calvin and Hobbes, where the boy and his stuffed tiger ride off into the sunset, friends forever. That would be sad, but satisfying.
If it any other way, I may start crying. I don't want Bloo and Mac to be seperated forever. I wouldn't be able to stand it.

Sparky
05-02-2009, 07:25 PM
It didn't really sink in for me until I saw the ads. :P I have to say I agree with those who said that CN cramming all the final eps into a single day was a tacky move. (Not to mention the terrible pressure I'm going to be under to screencap all of them asap! :wiltshock:)

I have to admit the question of whether or not Terrence will actually appear in the final eps at all is as pressing to me as how the series will end. Mock me if you will. But I've been waiting a loooong time for him to come back. Boo hoo, Frankie or Wilt was in so-and-such an ep for only 53 and a half seconds. MY favorite character has been gone for SEASONS. :'(

jekylljuice
05-03-2009, 04:56 AM
Mock me if you will. But I've been waiting a loooong time for him to come back. Boo hoo, Frankie or Wilt was in so-and-such an ep for only 53 and a half seconds. MY favorite character has been gone for SEASONS. :'(

Haha, ditto. Though I've long since had to accept that my own such favourite character was never intended to be anything more than a one-shot villain, and I'm pretty certain that we won't be seeing him again. It was always fun speculating about potential opportunities for him to return, though. And his legacy will always live on in me.

Corpse13
05-03-2009, 06:36 AM
I'd, personally, die if it turned out that something went wrong and this ending won't be as spectacular as a show like FHfIF deserves. :macwor: My bestfriend and I have been preparing for this the second we saw those commercials on TV, so we've planned this entire day out to do nothing but watch the show. Our fridge is packed with snacks, I've got enough koolaid that even Koolaid Man would be jealous, and there's a nest of pillows set up infront of my television-box which is also set to alarm when the Marathon starts.

I wish I could see Duchess again.. or Bendy. They may have been sorta evil, but they're the sort of friends I'd most likely have created as a child. Actually, I hope we see all the characters we can at least once more before the show ends.. :cheese:

If it any other way, I may start crying. I don't want Bloo and Mac to be seperated forever. I wouldn't be able to stand it.

I.. I think that would leave me perpetually heartbroken.. but what if, perhaps, Bloo stays with Mac forever? It's not impossible, and what if he had kids? Bloo could be their friend. UGH! Now I must know! The suspense is killing me and it hasn't even started.. :(

Xroc88
05-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Is anyone gonna cap the finale? don't have my capture card plugged into my PC.

Cassini90125
05-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Is anyone gonna cap the finale? don't have my capture card plugged into my PC.

Sparky is planning to cap all of the new episodes, and I'm sure we'll all be patient and not harrass her about it like this guy (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?p=60202#post60202) did. We were not pleased with him. She'll upload them when she has the time.

bloonuggets
05-03-2009, 10:15 AM
And of course, someone has to handle them over at TV.com and Wikia (http://fhif.wikia.com (http://fhfif.wikia.com))...

One Radical Dude
05-03-2009, 02:35 PM
This is it, guys. I will review all eps when this one ends.

niagarafeline
05-03-2009, 02:58 PM
OMG

The ending was PERFECT.

I'll write more later when I'm coherent.

Mr_Bloo_Veins
05-03-2009, 03:02 PM
When they said Foster's was going to go out with a bang, they damn well meant it.

Funny, I expected it to be all sad and depressing but it actually wasn't that different from any other episode. Overall, it was great. A great ending to an even better show.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Craig, Lauren, and the rest of the Foster's staff for making such a great show. I wish them well.

Mr_Bloo_Veins

fosters home fan
05-03-2009, 03:05 PM
I'd say the episode was pretty good.

I liked that imaginary clock friend that popped up randomly. :cheese: The ending was great, too. Big thanks to Craig and Lauren for bringing us such a great show.

Nyo
05-03-2009, 03:08 PM
This. Was. Freakin'. AWESOME.

I really loved how Bloo made an actual true effort to not be a fat jerk all day long, and all the of the continity nods just mad it more epic (all the past adventures and all the characters in one place)

The reason why I gave this a B+ is because I had the gut feeling Mac wasn't moving at all and

the Cheese twist ending was really lame. I did like the house fading out, though...

My favorite gag has to be Mac's face when he's with Frankie and says "Omigawshshe'sgonnakissme!!" 8D

And the pictures of Mac and Bloo in the credits was just icing on the cake.

bloonuggets
05-03-2009, 03:10 PM
CHEESE? Moving into Foster's? "Now we're brother roomates!"

NOW THAT'S JUMPING THE SHARK! (I kid, I kid...) All the references from past episodes, seeing all the old friends together (even Old Man Rivers) in that room, and the credit farewell. Craig and Lauren, I salute you!

antgirl1
05-03-2009, 03:11 PM
the Cheese twist ending was really lame.

Ditto. :(

While the rest was awesome, like how Bloo was telling Wilt that he would be "Mac all the way" and then asking him to get a cup of water for him (XD).

When Bloo suggested jumping the shark, it was literal, (except with the part with the motorcycles) which was funny as well. "What kind of FRESH-WATER pool doesn't have a shark in it?!" 8D

Though I'm wanting to wonder why such apartments exist that doesn't allow imaginary friends, much like apartments that don't allow pets or more than one pet, etc...

And ZOMGWTFBBQSPAZZZ Stats. :D :D :D

4.9/5, though. :D

fosters home fan
05-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Ditto. :(

But the house part was cool!

9/10 stars, even though I gave it an A, anyways.

Cassini90125
05-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh, what an ending! 8D Great episode, great show. We'll miss it terribly, but it left me with one hell of a laugh. 8D

One Radical Dude
05-03-2009, 03:15 PM
I got a bit misty-eyed during this ep, knowing that this is it for this fine animated series. I can easily say that Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends ended with a bang. :)

Looked like Bloo was going to be adopted, but it ended up that No-Nose Ned was the friend to go. Terrence does come back, even if it's for a brief appearance! The same goes with Goo! There were many brief throwbacks from earlier episodes, such as Orlando Bloo, that pink squeaking elephant, Foster's cookies, and many more. Love the "jump the shark" thing. I'm happy that Mac is not moving away, just to another apartment. And yes, it would not be an ending if we did not have Cheese make an appearance.

Anyway, I am satisfied with the conclusion of the series. I want to thank everyone for six seasons of awesomeness. We will never forget it. Foster's Forever! :bloogrin:

Imaginary Light
05-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Haha, I loved the whole "jumping the shark" thing. And all the throwbacks to older episodes.:)

I kinda had a feeling Mac wasn't really moving *away*, per se. But it was still funny to see Bloo trying to be all nice and unselfish for a change.8D

And the house fading out, along with the "Thanks for watching! Craig and Lauren" thing at the end...I wanted to cry. Thank you, Craig and Lauren.:)

Mr. Marshmallow
05-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Wow, what a really nice finale. It wasn't super elaborate or anything extremely Earth shattering but it was sweet, it was cute, it was funny and it was most appropriate. I kind of had a feeling that Mac wasn't going to be moving to anywhere too far away and it was really great to see all the Fosters gang trying so hard to do nice things for Mac, giving him all of that stuff.

I love the continuing I repeat CONTINUING support of Mac's love crush for Frankie in this episode, also the other hints dropped in the Dare episode. This finale was made much more effectively with all of the 5 final episodes being aired back to back. Bloo acknowledging his own jerky nature around Mac and I thought the cookie scene with Madame Foster was hilarious.

Funniest bit I thought was when Mr. Herriman admitted he forgot to mention the last detail to Bloo :slybendy: good final jab bunny man. Cheese being permanently accepted just felt right, it just felt like "why hadn't they done this before?" Nice little closing animation at the end.

All in all this was a lovable, fantastically cute and enjoyable finale. Craig and Lauren made a masterpiece of an animated series and it feels so good to see this series ending on such a sweet, superb high note. "Destination Imagination" was perfect enough but this just adds to the quality work of the final 5 episodes and the final send off. Bravo, great job you guys.

You have made many fans (or at least for sure this one) VERY happy :-*!

AerostarMonk
05-03-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm really going to miss this show. I loved the personal shout out they gave to the audience. I can't wait for the DVD release.

L.G.
05-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Ha! Bloo struggled to do a proper jumping of the shark! Cheese living at Foster's now? That is definitely not ok :madwilt:8D And the closing credits for the final episode, "Thanks for Watching. -Craig and Lauren" That was cool.

DaBomb
05-03-2009, 04:51 PM
So you mean that no more re-runns? Nothing?:'(

Cassini90125
05-03-2009, 04:58 PM
I think we'll see reruns, although CN has been very stingy about showing them in the past year. What I'm looking forward to now are the DVD sets for Seasons 3-6, assuming that they ever come out.

antgirl1
05-03-2009, 06:06 PM
(I moved the post to here)

True, the house forming in reverse was really impressive, and, in my opinion, that's CN right there, when Foster's is done with. That white blankness.

Another possiblity of looking at it was this...as it happens you notice that Foster's came to us by that very segment. So now the reverse is symbolizing that the show is leaving.

....It's OVER??? Sadface Sadface Sadface SADFACE I miss it already. D=

One Radical Dude
05-03-2009, 06:10 PM
So you mean that no more re-runns? Nothing?:'(

I believe there will be reruns eventually. I know for a fact that some cancelled series, such as Camp Lazlo, are showing reruns now. I know they went without any reruns for a while, too, as well as Ed, Edd 'n Eddy.

Dmitri Karamazov
05-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Oh God. Wow..... what to say?

I loved it. I love the jump the shark joke. I loved all the references to past episodes. (squeaky elephant, Orlando Bloo, Finding the Foster's Treasure) But the entire time, I was so very sad because I knew it was almost over.
Cheese showing up at the end made it so perfect. Because that was one thing I didn't expect. Pure genius. :cheesegrin:
But the house being un-drawn at the end really got to me for some reason. I had to sneak off to my room and sob. :sadbendy:
maybe because it was reminding me that I'm growing up, and loosing the little kiddish creativity I once had.
I don't know. It was just so damn sad to see Fosters fade into a blank screen. It sort of reminded me of the final pannel of Calvin and Hobbes, where the title characters sled off into pure, white snow.

I'm so sad it's over but I'm glad I was along for the ride.

Lynnie
05-03-2009, 07:28 PM
I got home just in time to catch the last three minutes of the episode before it, slip in a VHS tape and watch and record the finale. *sigh* I missed the other four entirely. Stupid work. ::) And my DVR isn't working due to my not having a HD cable box yet. Arrgh! I'll hopefully catch them this weekend, as my sister was suppose to have recorded them onto DVD.

Anyway, I loved it. And I won't deny it, I cried when it ended. Although part of that was due to pent up emotions I've been carrying around for the last month. I too loved the house fading out, and the final artwork saying "Thanks for watching", signed by Craig and Lauren. It was all so perfect. And I was even pleased to see Cheese show up at the end. And the looks back on previous episodes, and the jumping the shark thing (although I never thought the show had jumped the shark). I knew from the moment I read the synopsis last week that Mac wouldn't be moving "away". I thought it was just down the street, but to a bigger apt in his building works too. :bloosmirk:

Oh, and Bloo has strange legs while he was sitting on that tricycle 8D

One Radical Dude
05-03-2009, 09:37 PM
What I'm looking forward to now are the DVD sets for Seasons 3-6, assuming that they ever come out.

I'm with you on that one. I hope that they do release them in the future.

Bloo Sabbath Experience
05-03-2009, 10:27 PM
I made sure that I watched this episode along with the other 4 before it. I watched Foster's from the very beginning and would have never forgiven myself had I missed all 5. The finale was great and I was glad to be able to see it. I want to thank Craig and Lauren for giving us 5 years of great entertainment. It was a fun ride! Now I just have to buy Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD and patiently await the release of the remaining seasons. Good bye, Foster's, you shall be missed. :bloogrin:

fosters-fan
05-03-2009, 11:07 PM
I saw the final five, and you know what? I loved them. :D

And although I loved the series finale, I have to say that it felt more of an everyday episode than final, to be honest. :-[

But all the same, the show was awesome. Lauren, if you and Craig are reading this......

Thank you. Thanks for everything. ^_^

Corpse13
05-04-2009, 05:42 AM
The ending couldn't have been more perfect and cute and slightly heart-throbbing towards the last second- in my opinion. Honestly? 'Kay, bye doggies. :cheese: I actually thought I was going to cry when Cheese gave his little farewell at the very end, because it means I'll never hear him say anymore new, random things.

I sort of doubt they would remove the show completely, but still.. re-runs aren't quite the same.

Just as I had promised myself, I stayed home all day yesterday and watched it until there was nothing left to watch. Of course, I saw the plot coming because it's one of those plots that cartoons always use, but.. it was still so beautiful and truly a great way to bow out of the cartoon-biz.

As for the last message in the credits; Craig and Lauren, no need to thank us for our viewership, it was a pleasure to come along with you on this wild ride. Even if it's over now, I can tell it will leave everyone with so many memories, and just that alone is enough to be proud of. I believe we can all say we'll miss Fosters, but it was amazing while it lasted and I couldn't ask for anything more. For as sure as today I will not be able to stop talking about this finale, FHfIF will be remembered. And even if people try to forget, there will always be a kid shouting "I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK!!" to make them remember.

taranchula
05-04-2009, 09:27 AM
"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when
But I'm sure we'll meet again some sunny day
Keep smiling through, just the way you used to do
Till the blue skies chase the dark clouds far away..."
(From the song "We'll meet again" Written by Ross Parker and Hughie Charles)

After six seasons worth of episodes, three movie specials, about a dozen or so shorts, two hand held video games, a somewhat popular online game, a few comic book adaptations and countless amounts of merchandise it all boils down to a twenty two minuet thank you card to all the fans of the series, and it could not have ended any better then what we got.

Foster's didn't need to go out with a spectacular earth shattering event, it just had to go out there one more time and do what it always did well and that is just being the most entertaining animated program on television today. And it did and that's the way we like it.

Simple and Beautiful you can't ask for anything more.

A+++

niagarafeline
05-04-2009, 01:34 PM
Is CN going to play the Final Five again anytime soon?

Creamy
05-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Is CN going to play the Final Five again anytime soon?

Probably not :(, but you can find the first 3 episodes in "Episodes on the Computer" thread. Sparky says shes putting them up for download too soon, so I assumes that means the last 2 as well.

CrazyPhil
05-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Well, like everyone else here, I stayed in my room and saw the final five, and while the ending wasn't anything really earth-shattering, it's probably better that way. It was still everything I'd hoped it would be and a wonderful way to end such a wonderful show, because to me Foster's isn't only one of the best cartoon shows ever made, but one of the best shows ever, period. While I am a little depressed that it's over, 6 seasons is plenty for a cartoon show and I feel much better than it ended while it was still good than dragging on and turning to crap like some other shows coughfamilyguycough.

And I too will wait patiently for the rest of the DVDs and hope that CN will eventually show re-runs or another network will pick the show up.

Goodbye, Fosters, and thank you to Crag and Lauren for making such an excellent show for us.

JohnnyRotten
05-04-2009, 02:22 PM
I have to be honest, I was on the verge of crying when "Goodbye to Bloo" was over. It was a good episode, probably one of the higher points for season six. But with this episode, and much like the rest of this season, I just didn't get that "feeling" that I get when I watch the older episodes.

I was really hoping that Craig and Lauren would collaborate on writing this episode. That would've been spectacular. I can't recall who wrote the episode right now, but I believe it might've been Derrick and Tim.

Just a few personal thoughts about some details in the episode... Did anyone else think that Eduardo was giving Paco to Mac in the box that turned out to be onion casserole? I was kind of P.O.'ed that Eduardo wasn't crying over Mac leaving, and it was just the onions.

Cheese living at Foster's? I would've loved to see an epilogue to this episode, and what would've happened.

The image of 'Thanks for watching' that rolled alongside the credits was great...

And it was nice to see some semi-regular characters make appearances in this final episode.

Anyone else hoping for a 10th Anniversary episode, like Craig got for the Powerpuff Girls?

antgirl1
05-04-2009, 02:37 PM
What I also liked about the ending was that it was so open-ended; No major characters got adopted, Mac never moved away, etc. Anything that happens after that episode is left to other's imaginations. It's awesome that they ended it like that. :D

Mr_Bloo_Veins
05-04-2009, 02:40 PM
What I also liked about the ending was that it was so open-ended; No major characters got adopted, Mac never moved away, etc. Anything that happens after that episode is left to other's imaginations. It's awesome that they ended it like that. :D

It's almost like they're encouraging us to keep the metaphorical torch lit. :)

Sparky
05-04-2009, 02:40 PM
I agree because if they did do *something* (Mac getting to take Bloo home, or or another kid adopting him, or just Mac moving away, etc), I'm sure I wouldn't have been satisfied with anything. I'm sure the same could be said for a lot of people.

taranchula
05-04-2009, 02:52 PM
What I want is an ending that sparkles with the creativity and cleverness of the rest of the show, but has a certian finality. Something like the last strip of Calvin and Hobbes, where the boy and his stuffed tiger ride off into the sunset, friends forever. That would be sad, but satisfying.

Good call on that, because that is pretty much what we got IMHO.

bloonuggets
05-04-2009, 03:24 PM
I got an e-mail today (5/4) from Candi on the last words.

"[Craig and Lauren] let Cheese fade away into the sunset of our memories.

"Thanks for being such a Cheese Head."

True dat.

SpongeFreak52
05-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Long live Foster's. We'll love you forever.

2004-2009, never forgotten.

sporksrock120
05-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey everybody, what's up? I'm new to the forum, but the main reason I joined was because I loved the show so much and I'm sad that it's over. :'(

Anyway, the part that got me the most was at the end when the house's animation was reversed and it faded into nothing. It gave the feeling that the show was ending too quickly, and I was very sad to see it go. I nearly cried when it happened.
I started watching Foster's from the beginning, and it feels like it was just yesterday that I was still in elementary school and I was watching Store Wars on a Saturday morning.

Another thing I loved about this episode was all the allusions it made to previous episodes. I started to remember each one as Bloo recommended his "new" ideas to Mac. I also loved how he dressed up as Orlando Bloo again. But I'll never forget Cheese's last line... "Okay, bye doggies." I might make it a part of my everyday speech to give Foster's the rememberance it deserves. And most importantly, I will continue to say "I like (insert item here)!" like Cheese. He was one of the driving forces behind the show. :cheesegrin:
Overall, the show's finale was great. I give it a 92% on the basis that I think they should have made it an hour-long special, and brought more characters (such as Berry and Duchess) in. :scaryberry: >:(

SpongeFreak52
05-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I put the ending scene and credits on YT in case anyone doesn't want the hassle of downloading the whole episode. =(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCjuZIcbQQU

iceberg210
05-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Just watched it, absolutely fantastic! Foster's went out with an episode that had everything, the humor, the touching moments, the characters, just everything that we love so much about this show was sprinkled throughout what may well be my favorite Foster's episode. I was especially happy that Cheese got to make an appearence.

Too bad it had to end, as can be seen from the last few episodes they were really at the top of their game and I hate to think what other great stuff that could have been that wasn't.

Great show, great ending, although admittedly I did have to cry at the ending. The house getting undrawn was rough. Great scene, glad they did it, but real tough at the same time.

Finally hope that CN lets Foster's have a ten year anniversary film. That would be great, and we only actually have 5 years to wait if that's the case (show started in 2004). I'll hold my breath for that!

Ub3rD4n
05-05-2009, 09:11 PM
I loved it loved it loved it!

What a great way to go out, not with a fizzle, but with a BANG!

The throwaway references, the twist ending, I wouldn't have written the ending any different!:D

k0ugs
05-06-2009, 05:56 PM
crud i missed it!!! (i use to have the shorts all uploaded on youtube, got banned from youtube on that)

Where can I find the last ep?

Sparky
05-06-2009, 06:42 PM
The same place you usually can find eps, the "Episodes on Computer" thread in the General Board.

SpongeFreak52
05-07-2009, 06:31 AM
Sparky, in some of the episodes (like Goodbye To Bloo), I've noticed a bit of audio to video delay. Would you mind if I fixed those for you and re-uploaded them to the site? I can also try to get some higher quality and better compressed videos up, since I have Cartoon Network HD on Demand. =P

Sparky
05-07-2009, 01:25 PM
First of all, people please keep discussions about uploading episodes in the "Episodes On Computer" thread (or make another in the same section), please don't do it in the actual episode discussion threads. Okay?

Secondly you're free to upload episodes and link to them in the Episodes on Computer thread. EVERYONE may do this! :) But they won't "replace" my own uploads.

Mew
05-10-2009, 07:17 AM
Oh. My. God.
This was the best episode *ever*.

The beginning was.. I honestly did believe Bloo was gonna get adopted ^^;. Bloo trying to be nice to Mac was a nice touch. I already knew Mac was moving *accidently read a spoiler*, so that was no surprise, but.. It hadn't really hit me that Foster's had ended until I saw this episode :/. And halfway through it just kind of.. hit me, and when I saw the end, with the house fading away, I cried for a good few minutes D:. That was the best ending, bar NONE. And the ending credit was beautiful. Thank you, Craig and Lauren, thank you.

As for the episode.. I loved how they got loads of characters and references to past episodes in before it ended. I was hoping that Mabel Licorice would, at the very least, make one final background appearance, and she did. The jump the shark reference was awesome, and the goodbye card.. I paused it and looked at all of the signatures - even there they got as many characters in as they could. Including Eurotrish and Bowling Paul! (I'm not a huge fan of Bowling Paul, but, you know, yeah.) It *was* a little disappointing that a few names were repeated on the card, but other than that, it was okay. And I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but Craig McCracken signed the card, too! :D It's just below that blank space that Bloo is about to sign on before that painter friend writes in it.

Also, the part where Wilt and Mac are playing basketball... aww =) Must have been nostalgic for Wilt.

Foster's certainly ended with a bang. This is probably the first show I've ever seen - that I'm a real *fan* of, not that I just watch because there's nothing else on - that has actually been still running. And the downloading, and lurking here, and checking the TV guide this past week for Foster's..

..You will be missed, Foster's. We will never forget you.

Sparky
05-10-2009, 04:13 PM
(Again, spoiler tags aren't necessary after an ep has aired all over the US.)

My favorite signature in the card was...Red's! ;D

http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/myimages/redsig.jpg

Cassini90125
05-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Huh, I guess that means he's still in the House somewhere and not yet adopted, then?

Sparky
05-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Well Bowling Paul signed the card too and he shouldn't even be AT the house. Because if he is, that would be sad, because it would mean something happened to his creator I guess. :/ I mean, I guess the artists just had as many characters as they could remember sign the card whether they ought to be there or not, so you don't have to "accept it" as canon or whatever. That's just what I think. Especially considering Craig McCracken signed the card, as well as the fact that the first names of some of the show crewmembers appear randomly here and there.

Cassini90125
05-10-2009, 04:36 PM
True. There's a lot of possible ways to interpret all that.

jekylljuice
05-11-2009, 02:40 AM
I notice that Wally signed the card too.

Ah, but which Wally? Wasn't the brick wall IF who tried to obstruct Duchess's re-entrance into Foster's at the climax of Duchess of Wails also called Wally? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

(Nice to see Red acknowledged again in one way or another. Though jeez, I really do hope that Bowling Paul isn't presently residing at Foster's. I always thought it was kind of sweet how his creator had evidently stood by him long into adulthood, in spite of his being such a lousy bowler. Paul may seem like all too easy an IF to sneer at, but that alone suggested to me that he must have had other, more important qualities.)

Cassini90125
05-11-2009, 12:04 PM
(Nice to see Red acknowledged again in one way or another. Though jeez, I really do hope that Bowling Paul isn't presently residing at Foster's. I always thought it was kind of sweet how his creator had evidently stood by him long into adulthood, in spite of his being such a lousy bowler. Paul may seem like all too easy an IF to sneer at, but that alone suggested to me that he must have had other, more important qualities.)

It could be that Paul and Bowling Paul drop by Foster's from time to time at Madame Foster's request to show people that they don't have to give up their Imaginary Friends. A family comes to the House to drop off an IF, one of the staff senses that they're wavering or otherwise reluctant, they call in Paul and Bowling Paul to help convince the family that giving up their IF isn't the only option. Kind of a nice idea, now that I think about it. :frankiesmile:

Lynnie
05-11-2009, 04:15 PM
It could be that Paul and Bowling Paul drop by Foster's from time to time at Madame Foster's request to show people that they don't have to give up their Imaginary Friends. A family comes to the House to drop off an IF, one of the staff senses that they're wavering or otherwise reluctant, they call in Paul and Bowling Paul to help convince the family that giving up their IF isn't the only option. Kind of a nice idea, now that I think about it. :frankiesmile:

That is such a great idea! I like that. :) Of course Madame F and Mr. H could also do it.

And added to the VHS that I managed to record the episode on, I now have a DVD, with all five. I'm glad I have them on a device that will last a whole lot longer.

antgirl1
05-11-2009, 06:28 PM
I looked through the signatures (Looking for Eduardo's, Coco's, Frankie's and Wilt's) and I saw one of them in pacticular that got me clueless:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii36/antgirl1/PossibleHandwriting.jpg

...Who's Wojo? Is that the fake Mojo Jojo from the Powerpuff Girls?

BluebottleFlyer
05-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Caught the finale over the weekend (I kind of wish I'd been able to see the previous 4 first, but it wasn't to be). Everything that made Foster's such a brilliant series was jampacked into this episode, I mean, the amount of references to past episodes and gags that they crammed in was quite something. Bloo acting nice was hilarious to watch, and I also think they got the sentimality of the occasion spot on, while keeping it wonderfully restrained. I was totally NOT expecting that ending though. Cheese had to get in there one way or another, after all.:D
That last animation of the house being "erased" was when it got me, though. Without sounding dramatic, I've still got a bitter, sad taste in my throat from that one part. It's just hard to believe that's it's done and dusted after 5 brilliant years.
Really sweet at the end credits too. Thanks so much for the memories, Craig and Lauren.:)

jekylljuice
05-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Actually, thinking about it, "jumping the shark" was yet another feat which Bloo had technically already pulled off. Well alright, "Bloo" may not have done it, but "Deo" did (according to the TV announcer in the Sweet Stench of Success - we didn't actually get to see it, mind). I guess that since he didn't actually do it with Mac, it met the criteria.

The various nods and throwbacks to several of the previous episodes throughout were nice (LOVED the Orlando Bloo reprise), though there was a pretty poignant undertone to them which was hard to miss - basically, the writers seemed to be acknowledging that they had exhausted all the possibilities of this particular world and that the time was right to close the book on it. That in itself is what gave the episode such an impending sense of finality for me - like many people here, I'd deduced that Mac wouldn't be going anywhere far, and I liked how open-ended they kept the basic set-up at the end, with no particularly earth-shattering alterations, other than the indefinite arrival of Cheese (which, incidentally, is something which they probably could've only gotten away with in the show's final episode - otherwise they'd maybe be baiting the JTS label a bit too much for real, as I'm sure this episode was fully aware).

Anyway, it was the perfect send-off for the show - all the trademark heart and humour was present, and I really appreciated the large volume of minor characters who were able to put in cameo appearances throughout.

Goodbye is the hardest word to say, so...I'll stop short of making an all-too obvious (not to mention seriously inappropriate) Not The Nine O'Clock News reference, and simply say "Later Days".

Ridureyu
05-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Well Bowling Paul signed the card too and he shouldn't even be AT the house. Because if he is, that would be sad, because it would mean something happened to his creator I guess. :/ I mean, I guess the artists just had as many characters as they could remember sign the card whether they ought to be there or not, so you don't have to "accept it" as canon or whatever. That's just what I think. Especially considering Craig McCracken signed the card, as well as the fact that the first names of some of the show crewmembers appear randomly here and there.

My guess is that Bowling Paul's owner suffered a heart attack while fighting off a gang of German Existentialists in the parking lot.

fosters home fan
05-14-2009, 07:27 AM
My guess is that Bowling Paul's owner suffered a heart attack while fighting off a gang of German Existentialists in the parking lot.

8D Who knows.

swarlock
05-17-2009, 01:23 AM
As I've said elsewhere. The ending w/ Cheese was unexpected. But I enjoyed it for what it was worth.

I don't have that bittersweet feeling taste in my mouth as someone else wrote in this thread. Just a sigh of relief and I was satisfied.

Howard
05-17-2009, 08:12 AM
This and the other four episodes were the BEST! I was worried I was going to need some Kleenex next to my favorite snacks, but GTB let me down easy. In fact, it was as if there were going to be more (business as ususal). The "Thanks for watching" from Craig and Lauren was an awesome touch. In short - I did not shed a tear.

By the way, and pardon my ignorance - but where is this card with all the signatures?:terrconf:

Sparky
05-17-2009, 02:05 PM
In the episode. I have not yet screencapped it so I can't show you though.

Well, I can just post this one:

http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/myimages/gtbcard.jpg

Howard
05-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Thanks Sparky. I sometimes get so geeked out with the episode, I do not pay attention to some of the things in the show. I will watch it again and see if I can see it for myself.:terrsmile:

Lynnie
05-17-2009, 05:58 PM
I love that card, it's fun reading through it. I wonder who exactly the crew had sign all those names. We see Craig there, but I wonder if Lauren and the other crew members, and voice actors, are in there too (signing an IF's name, not their own). I don't recognize a good portion of those names, though. I'm feeling the need to watch the whole series and taking note of even the most minuscule IF and figure out which one they are.

Mr_Bloo_Veins
05-27-2009, 01:58 PM
In the episode. I have not yet screencapped it so I can't show you though.

Well, I can just post this one:

http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/myimages/gtbcard.jpg

I see a signature that says "JewGuy". Wonder who that could be. XD

Sparky
05-27-2009, 02:24 PM
LOL it says NewGuy!! 8D

Hey I just noticed, Fluffer Nutter spells her name "Flufer Nutter". Wonder which is right, lol.

Mac-a-lacka
05-27-2009, 04:44 PM
I see "Mop Top" twice on there.

Mew
05-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Haha, I was just about to point out Fluffer Nutter's name misspelt =P.

And Mac-a-Lacka, Camcordery and Ringo Rango have their names on it twice too, as well as some others xD Hehe.

Sparky
05-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Don't forget what we can see of the back, too:

http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/6/613-0093.jpg

There's yet more repeats.

happy80schild
05-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Well there are a few that shouldn't be in the house that signed the card too
Wally was adopted before Big picture
Ivan was never in the house either
I was wondering Jackie Khones thing says you owe me a sandwich right?
I'm not reading it wrong?

Sparky
05-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Yeah it says You owe me a sandwich. He put it on both the back and the inside so maybe he means two sandwiches, lol.

ClessAlvein
06-16-2009, 11:39 PM
"All in all this was a lovable, fantastically cute and enjoyable finale. Craig and Lauren made a masterpiece of an animated series and it feels so good to see this series ending on such a sweet, superb high note. "Destination Imagination" was perfect enough but this just adds to the quality work of the final 5 episodes and the final send off. Bravo, great job you guys.

You have made many fans VERY happy!"

I totally agree with you. Craig McCracken and Lauren Faust are in my eyes the greatist cartoonists who have EVER worked at Cartoon Network. Since I am aiming to become a famous cartoonist such as them, if I ever meet Craig or Lauren, I would be deeply honored in their presence. I am thinking about going to do my cartooning and animation studies at the exact school that Craig graduated in 1991- CALARTS. Heck, I would even like to work with Craig and Lauren someday!

Taco Wiz
07-10-2009, 09:59 AM
I saw that moving to a different apartment ending coming a MILE away from the beginning. And did the episode have to end with us only getting to IMAGINE the crazy antics of :cheese:?

Cassini90125
07-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Some things are better left to the imagination. :eek: 8D

You don't need to use spoilers when discussing an episode that aired over two months ago, by the way.

taranchula
07-10-2009, 07:38 PM
If they ever do a reunion special, I am sure that would be one of the bases they'll cover.

antgirl1
07-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Cheese gets adopted and everyone throws a party. :D

Lynnie
07-13-2009, 11:37 PM
I'm watching some of my Foster's recordings tonight, and loving every bit of it. And I just now watched GTB again. Having seen it already, I of course knew what was coming up, but when the house started being "erased", I teared up all over again. I think it'll be a while before I can watch the end of this episode without crying. :'(

antgirl1
07-22-2009, 11:58 AM
I'd be surprised if ANY fan can watch that ending without crying. :(

Traveler
07-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Ditto. *sniff* Including me...:'(

PeterFoster111
07-27-2009, 03:03 AM
I vote C beacause of Frankensense.

taranchula
07-27-2009, 05:53 AM
I vote C beacause of Frankensense.

Who didn't even appear in this episode.

I think you may want this thread and poll:

http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3531&page=4

PeterFoster111
07-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Who didn't even appear in this episode.

I think you may want this thread and poll:

http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3531&page=4

Yeah she did! By the way, this is a SERIES discussion, not an episode discussion. She was the evil version of Frankie in Bloo Superdude 2. (bloo superdude 1 is the one of magic potato power and 2 is the cermony of everythings awesome.)

taranchula
07-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Nooooo, this particular thread is about the final episode of Foster's, Goodbye to Bloo.

The reason why the word series appears in the title of said thread, is because Goodbye to Bloo is the "Series Finale" which is of course is a somewhat fancy way of saying final episode.

koosie
08-07-2009, 03:21 PM
I put it off for a long time, perhaps a little bit of me refusing to accept that the ride was over but pain ends when acceptance begins and besides I'm sure I would have picked up from everyone round here if anything controversial or traumatic had happened even though I'd carefully stayed off this and the character threads till the deed was done.

I was sad though, made slightly more so by all the references to past events and goodbye appearances from everyone. Had the shark in glasses appeared anywhere before? He looked so familiar. Anyway, the shark was never jumped! Not by Bloo or this show in all its run. Not even a dogfish was casually hopped! Take pride in that, Fosters chums. Never. No matter what you all said about Peas, it was still charming or hilarious or manic or at the very least reassuring till the very end.

Anyway back to this episode, you just knew Mac wouldn't be so casual about leaving behind Bloo and all his friends though the confirmation of the resumption of the status quo in perpetuity probably took the sting out of the bombshell he dropped right at the end which was especially brilliant as you had the feeling as the viewer that this was an opportune moment to depart.

Well now the curtain's come down content oneself to think that these beautiful events we have viewed have now been transmitted and are moving out into the universe in all directions. We may have been the privileged first of many to enjoy Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends.

vinny
08-07-2009, 05:03 PM
man that sucks it went off the air. it so'kay though. i didnt even see this ep. yet, i hope its on YT.

Lucky
09-13-2010, 08:46 PM
I teared up once the house was getting played in reverse. But who knows? It seems one show Craig was going to work on, Cartoonstitute, ended up rejected, so I wonder what a sequel series would be like....

antgirl1
09-14-2010, 01:57 PM
All I can imagine is either a timeskip to the future, or even a prequel would be cool. :D

rhythmfuzion
09-14-2010, 04:34 PM
In my opinion, I predict Pizza Party's spinoff sometime in the future.

Protagonists: Bloppy Pants, Fluffer Nutter, Yogi Boo Boo, and Billy the Squid.
Antagonists: Keystone Blop, Pinecone Cola, Sunset Junction, and Mabel Licorice.
Likely main characters: Jackie Khones
New Characters: Pinkstone Blop-An imaginary friend who lookes like Keystone Blop, but she's pink and her hair is a tad bit longer. She is also his girlfriend.
Vanilla-A light-yellow cat friend who looks similar too Bloppy Pants, but she is light-yellow, female, and wears a yellow dress, yellow pearl necklace, and yellow stilettos. She appears to be Bloppy Pants' girlfriend.

The Foster's Gang will return as secondary or minor characters alongside with the remainder of the imaginary friends(several of them with slightly larger roles).

How do you like my idea for a Foster's spinoff?

Cassini90125
09-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Without the current main character's it wouldn't feel like Foster's anymore. I wouldn't be interested. In any event we are getting woefully off-topic here, but if y'all want to continue this discussion in a more appropriate thread, or a new thread, that would be fine. ;)

Howard
09-14-2010, 07:16 PM
I teared up once the house was getting played in reverse. But who knows? It seems one show Craig was going to work on, Cartoonstitute, ended up rejected, so I wonder what a sequel series would be like....

Keep your eye on possibly "Wander over Yonder." That is pure speculation, but it seems to be a possibility. Anyway, Cass is right - discuss the episode at hand or make a speculation thread to Craig's next possible venture.:herriman: