PDA

View Full Version : Episode Discussion: Beat with a Shtick

HappyFoppy
09-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Well, I thought this episode looked not so thoroughly written...

Why did Terrence scream after meeting him and why did Eduardo get pain if he only made jokes? And why did he had weapons and traps etc. in his room?
And Bloo's plan of destroying the clocks could also not work when someone had a watch.

P.S.: Somehow I already saw this episode 5 times and only figured out last time that "Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania" comes from that episode. It might be harder cuz I don't see episodes in English (only when I'm watching them on YouTube) But you can still hear it. :P

Sparky
09-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Yeah that's where its from. ;) For my Terrence Appreciation page I quoted that scene a bit, here is what I wrote:

When we first see Terrence, he is walking to Foster's with Bloo and Mac, who have asked him to beat up The New Guy for Bloo. He agrees to do it in return for "five atomic wedgies, ten supernoogies, three sonic lugies..." Bloo: "And one additional atomic supersonic variety, of your choosing, all tattle-free, of course." This, naturally, in reference to Mac, who can say nothing in his defense. When Terrence prompts Mac with an "And..?" Mac stonily replies, "And I will forever address you as Supreme King Awesome Thunderpants, Better-Than-Mac." Terrence: "Keep going." Mac: "For I am a lowly pile of booger-brains. Please, let me bow down before you, Oh Great Ruler of Terrencania." Bloo: "And a wise, just ruler he is."

pitbulllady
09-15-2006, 01:45 AM
Well, I thought this episode looked not so thoroughly written...

Why did Terrence scream after meeting him and why did Eduardo get pain if he only made jokes? And why did he had weapons and traps etc. in his room?
And Bloo's plan of destroying the clocks could also not work when someone had a watch.

P.S.: Somehow I already saw this episode 5 times and only figured out last time that "Undisputed Ruler of Terrencania" comes from that episode. It might be harder cuz I don't see episodes in English (only when I'm watching them on YouTube) But you can still hear it. :P

The weapons(such as the sledgehammers)and the steel traps in the New Guy's room are all actually references to some popular American comedians, since that sort of comedy was the New Guy's thing. The sledgehammers are a reference to a comedian called "Gallager"(whose name I probably mispelled), whose well-known skits include sledgehammering a watermelon on stage, sending chunks of melon all over the audience. Penn and Teller did a skit once involving steel traps and often use all sorts of awful-looking implements in their acts. At first, the traps and things just make the New Guy seem more menacing-until you find out that he's a wannabe comedian, and then you are supposed to make that connection between his comedy and those things in his room.

pitbulllady

CG
09-15-2006, 03:30 AM
Yeah this is a thing I thought over. If all the New Guy did was tell jokes, even if he used some more physical comedy just how did Eduardo end up with a black eye, patches of fur missing etc. etc. ? I doubt getting a piece of water mellon in your eye would give you a shiner THAT big.

pitbulllady
09-15-2006, 04:45 AM
Yeah this is a thing I thought over. If all the New Guy did was tell jokes, even if he used some more physical comedy just how did Eduardo end up with a black eye, patches of fur missing etc. etc. ? I doubt getting a piece of water mellon in your eye would give you a shiner THAT big.

If you've ever watched some of Penn and Teller's routines, just imagine some amateur(who happens to be like, 12 feet tall)trying them out. That would be dangerous, to say the least. Eduardo is lucky to been able to walk out of there!

pitbulllady

HappyFoppy
09-15-2006, 05:20 AM
Maybe Terrence was screaming because of the horrible jokes. :D
Actually, the thing about Ed sounds right, but why didn't he tell Bloo that he actually hurted himself?
Sparky: The funny thing is that when he said "5 atomic wedgies" he held up 4 fingers ;)

taranchula
09-15-2006, 05:34 AM
Actually, the thing about Ed sounds right, but why didn't he tell Bloo that he actually hurted himself?

Probably a bit of psychological warfare on Ed's part, instead of telling Bloo what really did happen, he let's Bloo live with the nightmare of what might have happened (But really didn't) and what could very well happen to him later that day.

CG
09-15-2006, 04:40 PM
If you've ever watched some of Penn and Teller's routines, just imagine some amateur(who happens to be like, 12 feet tall)trying them out. That would be dangerous, to say the least. Eduardo is lucky to been able to walk out of there!

pitbulllady

No, PBL. I have not seen Pen and Teller's routines. So I don't get the idea.

HappyFoppy
09-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Probably a bit of psychological warfare on Ed's part, instead of telling Bloo what really did happen, he let's Bloo live with the nightmare of what might have happened (But really didn't) and what could very well happen to him later that day.
Uh. That sounds kinda mean of Ed. And he kinda could have known that Bloo is not going in there anymore, right? :D

taranchula
09-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Well I did say probably, the scene in question can be open to interpretation

I only said what I said because that was impression I got from that scene (Although I may be way off.), and this episode did prove that some normally nice characters do have a breaking point when dealing with Bloo's antics (IE Wilt.)

Emma
09-17-2006, 12:43 AM
No, PBL. I have not seen Pen and Teller's routines. So I don't get the idea.

Well, to give you a small picture: They use a LOT of stage blood and one of their running gags is to have the trick go "wrong", leaving one of them with some sort of sharp implement(s) or otherwise imbeded in them. Although, most of their tricks aren't really all that dangerous at all when you see how they work, and they aren't really prop comics either (unless you count magic under that catagory).

The only one of their tricks (although it's not a trick, per se) that has ever really done any real damage is Penn's broken bottle juggling. But then, only the juggler runs the risk of getting cut up. (Sorry for my long winded response -- crazed P&T fan coming through).

Honestly, the reason I think Ed got all banged up is because he was honest to TNG and told him his comedy sucked. Look what happened to Bloo.

HappyFoppy
09-17-2006, 07:17 AM
I only said what I said because that was impression I got from that scene (Although I may be way off.), and this episode did prove that some normally nice characters do have a breaking point when dealing with Bloo's antics (IE Wilt.)
Yep, completely right on that.
Also, when you just got hurt by more than 20 traps after someone left you behind there, you're not gonna be like "Oh, Hi Bloo, I just got the most awful pain I have ever felt but that's okay" :D

Cell_Phone_guy
09-17-2006, 07:51 AM
Also when Mac showed up, I wonder why they didn't consider the option of trying to get the new guy adopted by 4:00. If he was gone, Bloo would have nothing to worry about, (unless Madame Foster and/or Mr. Herriman) said that the person adopting the new guy would have to wait until after 4:00 pm to pick him up.

HappyFoppy
09-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Good point, but how would they do that? It would be an awesome scene. :D

Cell_Phone_guy
09-19-2006, 08:31 AM
Mac could find a classmate who is often bullied and bring him to Foster's.

Kzinistzerg
09-20-2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah... I found this episode to be mildy amusing at parts but not so as a whole.

HappyFoppy
09-21-2006, 06:32 AM
Mac could find a classmate who is often bullied and bring him to Foster's.

Mac _is_ often being bullied be Terrence... ;)

Cell_Phone_guy
09-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Mac _is_ often being bullied be Terrence... ;)

True, but Mac's mom wouldn't like Mac adopting the New Guy, even as a bodyguard. After all, she's basically the reason Bloo was in the situation in the first place. Besides, Bloo wouldn't like Mac doing that, considering how he first took to Cheese.

Ub3rD4n
05-02-2007, 01:09 AM
"But we had him deported....."

One of those lines in Fosters which are just spot on.

KazooBloo
12-05-2016, 12:18 AM
New Guy was Gallagher.