PDA

View Full Version : Free vs Subscription Play

Sparky
12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
In case anyone missed them, here are the details apparently for the free vs the paid game:

Unlimited Access includes:
* Full access to all areas of FusionFall
* Access to optional In-Game Communications
* Access to optional Unlimited Forum features
* Ability to collect all 36 Nanos
* Hundreds of additional missions
* Ability to create up to four characters
* Access to Live Customer Service Chat
* The chance to be a true hero!

Limited Access includes:
* Ability to create two characters
* Access to a limited portion of the FusionFall world
* Menu chat in-game
* Access to the FusionFall Forums as a read-only guest
* Ability to collect up to four Nanos
* No credit card required

So really, if you're not paying, you can't truly play with your friends (itd' be hard without Chat), plus you can't really get much out of the game anyways. Only four Nanos? :sadbendy:

I am planning on giving the subscription play a try but canceling it if I don't like it (I've already given up my paid Sims 2 content sites and my paid Furcadia stuff in preparation). But I don't know about anyone else.

One Radical Dude
12-08-2008, 01:56 PM
I'll probably give the subscription a shot at some point, though I'm not sure when I'd sign up.

antgirl1
12-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Oh...that is just major bull right there...:(

The Huntsman
12-08-2008, 05:01 PM
May I ask where you found that information? I trust you completely, but I'm going to raise this issue elsewhere and I'd like to know the original source.

Sparky
12-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Here (http://help.fusionfall.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=153), that's the direct link to that topic. :terrsmile:

The Huntsman
12-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Thank you. I just hope that I can convince some cooler heads to prevail.

Sparky
01-09-2009, 11:25 AM
A couple things. One, we finally know what the subscription prices will be.

How much does Unlimited Access cost?We have several Unlimited Access plans including a Family Plan that includes four unique accounts in one low price.

1 Month, billed every month
$5.95 USD

3 Months, billed every 3 months
$14.95 USD
1 Year, billed every 12 months
$49.95 USD

Family Plan
1 Month, billed every month
$9.95 USD

Benefits of the Family Plan include...

4 individual subscriptions for less than the price of 2
Enjoy Unlimited Access for up to 4 unique accounts
Control the settings for all accounts from the Master Account
Play FusionFall with the whole family

The other thing is this, the same concern I've had since they announced the database wipe so far before the game release:

Is FusionFall Free?
The beginning levels of FusionFall will be free to all players. Players with Unlimited Access will be able to extend their game experience beyond the Future area by using the time machine to travel to the past and play the entire game.

So if your open beta character HAS used the time machine and you don't subscribe, what happens? Do they strip you of all nanos and levels and equipment past four and warp you back to the Future part of the game? If so, is there a grace period from the release date to give you a few days to subscribe or do they just bump you right away?

This is why I've been afraid to use the time machine before the official release. Because I can't see how anyone who doesn't subscribe could keep all their achievements past level four once the game opens. After all, they promised they wouldn't delete the characters, they did NOT promise they wouldn't strip them of levels and nanos. And again, even if you do pay, how soon after the release do you have to pay before this is done, if it IS done?

Snakemaster9
01-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Well, lets just say the last area you were in was um, Fosters Home. If you didn't subscribe maybe when you try to use past level 4 nanos, it does not work, when you try to go to the other areas, it won't work, maybe it will teleport you to Sector V. Like if you had naos equipped it would be unequipped and when you try to equip it will say you need unlimited version. That could happen, I really don't know what is going to happen. Just a guess:bloogrin:

One Radical Dude
01-09-2009, 12:59 PM
From what I understand, you do not lose anything, but your character in the past world will be blocked from access until you include your subscription.

BTW, the last day of the preview is Sunday. I've been told that there are expansions of the game in the works with new levels and characters, so be on the lookout for that!

Cassini90125
01-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Sounds like a hostage deal to me. :P

One Radical Dude
01-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Sounds like a hostage deal to me. :P

The subscription fees? Actually, that's better than...let's say Toontown Online (they want around $10 a month for it :P). Or do you mean having limited access for non-subscribed accounts? :terrconf:

Cassini90125
01-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I mean that it sounds like if you currently have an advanced character that you could normally only have if you subscribe, they won't let you have access to or play that character again unless you hand over a subscription fee. I'm sure I've misunderstood something but if that is in fact what they're doing it sounds pretty rotten.

Sparky
01-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Actually what you said sounds better than what I did, Cass. I hope they do do it that way, although no matter what they do people will get upset, even though they have always said unpaid gets only 4 nanos and a limited map - therefore, the Future area only. If someone with an advanced character does not want to pay but does want to at least play in the Future, supposedly they can have two characters so they can at least make a new one and keep their old one in case they ever change their mind.

taranchula
01-11-2009, 06:11 PM
I must say that compared other to the other big name MMORPGS on the market this is one of the more cost effective ones out there.

I mean 50 dollars a year is nothing compared to 30 dollars every three months for something like World of Warcraft (And that's not counting the price one pays for expansions and the like.)

Sparky
01-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Evidently though the higher level you reach the less time per day you can play due to the nanocom thing losing power or whatever, meaning that you collect less and less fusion matter, meaning you can't *gain* levels. The only way to recharge your nanocom is to log out and not log in again until about the next day (there are some workarounds being discussed though). This was probably implemented to keep kids from becoming FusionFall zombies and neglecting their homework and/or playing outside etc but it also means that if you can essentially only play a little while per day that $6 a month won't look like as much of a deal as it did when you were a lower level. If that made sense. I'm not even entirely sure the game has an ending, although I think it does.

Snakemaster9
01-12-2009, 12:05 PM
they will probably be like an expansion where you can gain more levels, because now its only to level 36. Since its an mmo, and mmos tend not to end, it shouldn't or people will stop paying

KazooBloo
12-17-2016, 01:02 AM
It sucked you had to pay to get the full experience, but companies need their revenue.