PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Fall Open Beta & Launch Date

The Huntsman
12-05-2008, 11:33 PM
I know that my previous remarks weren’t entirely welcome, so don’t worry, this has nothing to do with that. This latest sneak peek may end on December 7th, but the true open beta begins December 27th. FusionFall will remain open to the public after that, until January 14th, when the game goes live and people can actually purchase a subscription in order to get additional benefits.

So, if you want to keep playing FusionFall after this sneak peek ends on December 7th, mark December 27th on your calendar.

Our open beta is going to start on December 27th and our commercial launch is January 14th. It will be 24/7, just like the Sneak Peek weekends, but obviously for a longer period of time. Players in the open beta will have lots of time to explore Fusion Fall.

One Radical Dude
12-15-2008, 12:19 PM
It looks like next weekend will be a break from the action, and the next opportunity will come on Dec. 27. Unlike the previous betas, this one begins on a Saturday.

The Huntsman
12-15-2008, 12:29 PM
That's actually the beginning of the true open beta. I made a thread about that (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3570).

One Radical Dude
12-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Ah, that's right. I forgot. Thank you for mentioning it.

Sparky
12-15-2008, 01:44 PM
...Correct, therefore the threads have been merged.

Sparky
12-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Finally solid news regarding characters used in beta and if they will be deleted:

To prepare for our official launch on January 14, 2009, we have to clean out our databases. This is a normal part of game development, but it means that all current player characters and items will be deleted (including ours - the FusionFall team is bummed, too!).

The good news is that we only need to do it once, so there won't be another database clearing after December 27, 2008. Even better, it means we're really just a couple of weeks away from the official launch!

Thanks to everyone who has tested the game so far. You've been a huge help in making FusionFall even better. We hope you come back on December 27 to continue your adventures with fresh new characters!

Please visit the Help Center for more information.

So they're doing it right before the Dec 27 open beta, not right before the actual launch.

One Radical Dude
12-21-2008, 02:33 PM
I got it, too. I was expecting them to do it right around the 27th, so I wasn't really surprised to hear that. I guess it makes more sense to do it a few weeks earlier than on the date of the launch. I guess I'm no longer a "Lemonhead" (points to Lv. 15 character). :cheesegrin: lol

Sparky
12-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Yeah too bad I didn't get a pic of my char in her Chowder hat and stuff. ;) Anyways, so do you think that means the open beta after Dec 27 will be the free version only? Will they allow people to subscribe before the game actually launches? Because if not we can only do so much.

The bloo
12-21-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm sure the open beta will be free.

But will open chat be out?

Sparky
12-21-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm sure it will be *free* but will it be restricted to only the features of the free version? Or will it have everything like it did before? That doesn't seem likely, what will they do, just strip away all your nanos and levels past four if you don't pay? :terrconf: From Huntsman's post it sounds like it will be the restricted version.

Sparky
12-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Haven't tried the open chat thing, but right now you can only have *one* character, I thought the free version allowed two. :P

The bloo
12-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Open chat only worked at the first area, then it stopped once I got to sector v in the future.

Sparky
12-27-2008, 08:10 PM
I am having the worst time! :sadbendy: I simply cannot stay in the game. If my browser doesn't outright crash, I get a Network Close every few steps. :/ I'll try again tomorrow. I did get my name quickly, so I'm Sparky Neitherworld again (and look the same as before).

The bloo
12-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Has anybody got open chat to work?

antgirl1
12-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Still laggy, still too much for my computer to handle. Signing off, and that's it.

If I wanted to rant again, I'd merely be repeating myself...:(

KazooBloo
12-17-2016, 01:03 AM
Good tip.