PDA

View Full Version : The Bloo Superdude And The Great Creator Of Everything's Awesome Ceremony Of Fun...

The Huntsman
11-23-2008, 01:41 AM
Yeah. It's me again. I found out about another episode, but the title ran a bit long and I couldn't fit it in. Regardless, here's the summary.

The Bloo Superdude And The Great Creator Of Everything's Awesome Ceremony Of Fun That He's Not Invited To: Superdude must venture on a quest if he wishes to attend a ceremony honoring the Great Creator Of Everything.

antgirl1
11-23-2008, 10:34 AM
So the Awesome Creator of Everything (Mac) is still mad about the Bloo Superdude (Bloo) destroying the Magic Potato of Power (Gameboy)? XDD

Plus the title itself is so long it takes up half of the summary. I find that hilarious. 8D

Lynnie
11-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Sounds like maybe a secret birthday party that Mac doesn't want Bloo to come to because he'll just humiliate him again. Still a "surprise" party, but it's the best friend not in the surprise rather than the birthday boy. Just my ponderings. :) It sounds like another fun one, I'm looking forward to it.

bloonuggets
11-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Any idea when it'll air?

Keij
11-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Well it's already aired in England, I've already seen it, capped it, etc. :P

No idea when it will air in the US. Wikipedia says 2009, but you know how reliable that can be. 8D

fosters-fan
12-01-2008, 08:03 AM

No idea when it will air in the US. Wikipedia says 2009, but you know how reliable that can be. 8D

Mind if you show us the screencaps? :)

Keij
12-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Sure, just let me upload them and stuff. But I'll only send them to the people that want to be spoiled. :cheese:

fosters-fan
12-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Okay. I really am dying to know, and right now, I don't care if any of it is spoiling. I'm dying from lack of Foster's, and have been for five months now. Though D: I satisfied that hunger. :)

Anyways, I'll send you a PM of my e-mail. How about that?

Cassini90125
05-01-2009, 12:53 PM
In anticipation of Sunday's airings of the final five episodes I'm adding a poll to this thread as well as to the threads for Bad Dare Day and Read 'Em And Weep. Please do not start new threads for these episodes! :nono:

I've already seen Bloo Superdude 2 but I'm not commenting until after it aires here in the States so as not to spoil it for anyone. I'll just say it was funny and leave it at that for now. ;)

taranchula
05-02-2009, 08:05 PM
I too also cheated and saw this one early along with the other two episodes that already aired in Britain. (Well really it's the only way I can see it.) and without giving anything away I'll just have to say that the series is certainly going to go out with a bang and this episode will be a major reason why.

Cassini90125
05-03-2009, 01:00 PM
A+. It was funny at the Con and it's funny again. Loved it! 8D :up:

Mr_Bloo_Veins
05-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Oh man, the Flash Gordon parody had me in stitches XD

fosters home fan
05-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Oh, man, this episode was awesome. Can't really describe it, but, my fav. part was when Duchess was shown as a giant green dragon. 8D Bloo has a rather imaginative mind, methinks.
10/10 stars. lol

Cassini90125
05-03-2009, 01:19 PM
I'd be hard-pressed to pick a favorite part. I loved Frankie's outfits, of course, but Bloo and his wild, illness-addled imagination really steal the show. I have nothing negative to say about this one, absolutely nothing; it was pure fun. :bloogrin:

bloonuggets
05-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Not as good as the original Bloo Superdude, but then again, sequels aren't that good...especially in Hollywood.

pitbulllady
05-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Fire Demon Wilt-now THAT was great! Kinda interesting timing on this one, with the "Swine Flu" scare, but funny seeing Bloo have to take care of everyone else after HE made THEM sick, especially a delerious Frankie, lol!

pitbulllady

Imaginary Light
05-03-2009, 03:24 PM
I saw this one back in December by watching it online (teehee :P), but it was definetely nice seeing it again. Jackie as a broccoli man had me in stitches.8D

Cassini90125
05-03-2009, 03:27 PM
I did that too. Definitely worth seeing again, though. I thought it was the funniest of the five final episodes, although Fools And Regulations wasn't far behind. :bloogrin:

antgirl1
05-03-2009, 03:46 PM
FIRE WILT. WOW. *owned by snot XD* But it sorta makes sense because he's red and all. :D

Bloo was so delirious that Coco looked like a COW to him. Oh my....8D

Agreed with Duchess the green dragon, I would say that's her true form. XDD

So much funny in this one. 5/5 again. :D

One Radical Dude
05-03-2009, 03:52 PM
This was a fun sequel to the first Bloo Superdude episode.

Nice to see Peas again.

Bloo Superdude would make a great action figure. :bloogrin: Anyway, it was a great start to the airing of the final five.

pitbulllady
05-03-2009, 03:56 PM
FIRE WILT. WOW. *owned by snot XD* But it sorta makes sense because he's red and all. :D

Bloo was so delirious that Coco looked like a COW to him. Oh my....8D

Agreed with Duchess the green dragon, I would say that's her true form. XDD

So much funny in this one. 5/5 again. :D

Oh, yeah, I can hardly wait for a screen cap of "Fire Demon Wilt"!

pitbulllady

taranchula
05-03-2009, 07:58 PM
It's another BSD episode so that means parody, parody and more parody and like the first episode they hit every reference out of the park and into the parking lot.

But the one reference that totally took me by surprise was when and had me laughing for almost twenty straight minuets was when...

Mac appeared as the giant stone head from the super cheesy Sean Connery 1970's science fiction movie Zardoz, complete with a G rated version of the one of the immortal lines from the movie, the real version of which I can't reprint here due to it's graphic content, but you all can look it up on IMDB. (And yes, it is an actual line of dialogue)

Throw in the usual bang up job by the artists, actors and writers and we have ourselves one of the all time greatest episodes of the series run A++

Sparky
05-03-2009, 08:25 PM
I didn't know that's where the head was from. Thanks for sharing. :terrsmile:

And you guys can stop using spoiler tags, the rule is to use it up until after the west coast has seen an ep. :mfoster:

taranchula
05-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Duly noted, I guess that's what happens when you show up late to the party.

And as much as it pains me to admit it I actually own a copy of Zardoz on DVD, which not only has the aforementioned giant stone head but also Sean Connery running around in a what can be best described as a red diaper for most of the film. It's the feel good movie of the year.

Once again I salute you writing staff for putting in an awesomely geeky reference despite the fact you ran the risk of having it fly over the heads of the majority of your viewing audience.

Cassini90125
05-03-2009, 09:06 PM
And as much as it pains me to admit it I actually own a copy of Zardoz on DVD, which not only has the aforementioned giant stone head but also Sean Connery running around in a what can be best described as a red diaper for most of the film. It's the feel good movie of the year.

Part of me is very intrigued, and part of me wants to pretend I never read this. :eek: 8D

taranchula
05-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Reading that description is one thing, actually viewing it is another.

Actually while I am on the subject of movies, it was one of those brief easy to miss moments, but at the beginning of the episode Bloo exclaimed "Hatchi Matchi!" which was kind of a catch phrase of sorts for Jon Lovitz's animated character "The Critc: Jay Sherman" (The other one being "It Stinks") I don't believe it to be a direct reference because Hatchi Matchi is sort of a slang term for "Holy Crap", but still it was kind of funny to hear two of my favorite animated characters use the same obscure exclamation.

jekylljuice
05-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Let it always be said that Jackie Khones has a truly awesome personal living space there. As an aficionado of all things retro, I had to wipe my chin pretty pronto after laying eyes upon it. :jk:

Bloo4Ever
05-06-2009, 02:29 PM
I completely loved this episode! I thought it was a great beginning to the first 5 new ones. And I'm surprised everyone else got the Sean Connery reference; I thought I was the only one :P

And I also thought that this episode was better than the first Blue Superdude. The Jackie Khones moments were hilarious :bloogrin:

Lynnie
05-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Aah, poor Paco! If Bloo did that to any of my stuffed animals, I'd ring his neck!

Ah hahahaha, "talking broccoli" 8D

I love how Bloo's self confidence regains his size. Or would that be ego?

Coco's been a plane, a T-rex, and now she's a bull. And Madame F. has been a devil with a voodoo doll, and now she's an angel!

Oh my goodness, Mac er, The Great Creator of Everything looks.... uh,... creepy to say the least!!

Oh no, poor Frankie. Huh, I've been that sick before. I empathize. I love that look with her hair down though. Quite glamorous! :frankiesmile:

Hahaha, I loved it! A little hard to understand at times like the first one was, but after watching a second time I understood more. It's the Superdude at his best. :bloogrin:

Dmitri Karamazov
05-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Not my favorite, but I loved the Monty Python reference.

"Three shall be the number of the tasks and the number of the tasks shall be three"
8D

Ridureyu
05-13-2009, 05:42 PM
HOLY CRAP A ZARDOZ REFERENCE

wow. I don't know if I can list the original, though.

Bloo4Ever
05-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Hey I was wondering if Bloo's 'Bear Arm' technique was a reference to Goku's 'Dragon Fist' technique (from Dragon Ball Z) because the way it was initiated, it looked very similar to Dragon Fist.

Here is a video of Goku's Dragon Fist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDTQ6oby3iU&fmt=18)

The Dragon Fist technique was at 00:44 seconds into the video.

I'mm sure all of you know how Bloo's Bear Arm looked, and if you didn't you probably know how to download the episode on the site.

PeterFoster111
07-27-2009, 10:21 AM

Foster's airs up to season 3 in england. I voted F beacause the evil version of frankie was just so embarrasing.

jekylljuice
07-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Foster's airs up to season 3 in england. I voted F beacause the evil version of frankie was just so embarrasing.

On terrestrial TV maybe. It airs all the way up to Season Six on Cartoon Network's channel in the UK.

koosie
08-03-2009, 02:32 PM
Having experienced myself bizarre delusions when bedridden with fevers, I not only felt great sympathy with Bloo's (and of course in the delicious punchline, Frankie's) plight in this episode but also a great kinship with them given that much of their delirious imagry was composed from movie sources that have made me all hot and confused at some point in the past. Could anyone tell me what Ed had turned into in Bloo's head? A sort of horned, quadrapedal ape I seem to recall but I may be wrong. Was there one of these in Samurai Jack or something? Somebody knows.

Another Castle
10-22-2009, 08:35 AM
I've just watched this one- and I'm a little confused.

I didn't rally enjoy it that much, to be honest. It was okay-ish. Way too Bloo-centric, which also puts me off some other episodes. It bored me a little. It didn't feel like Fosters. I've properly missed out on all the in-jokes/haven't realised what it was meant to parody.

I didn't quite understand the ending- Bloo made a mess at the party and made everyone ill- he gave Mac his birthday present (two IOUs), but Mac uses them to make Bloo fix the party? Have I missed anything?

Also, do we consider there to be no aging Fosters universe? Is Mac nine, or still eight?

Lynnie
10-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Have you seen "The Bloo Superdude and the Magic Potato of Power" yet? It basically was the prequel to this episode, so having seen it may help one understand this one a bit better. The episode discussion for it is here. :bloosmirk: (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2451) In both "Bloo Superdude" episodes Bloo makes up a story. And knowing how egotistic he is, he is of course the "Superdude". The difference is, in the first episode ("Potato of Power"), he comes up with a crazy and exciting story as a way of telling Mac he destroyed his hand held computer game. In the second episode ("Celebration that he's not Invited to"), he's delirious with a fever, and this is what he's hallucinating as he's trying to get to Mac's party (even though he's suppose to be confined to his room since he's sick). Basically, they aren't really suppose to make sense, they're just suppose to be bizarre and funny. Because, of course, it's Bloo who is telling the story. ;) True, neither are in the traditional style, but a lot of us did like the change of pace. I personally still liked the first "Superdude" episode better. You should try to get to see it if you haven't already. :)

As for Bloo giving Mac IOUs for a gift, and Mac redeeming them to fix his party, it does kind of refer to another episode- "I only have Surprise for You". Bloo has ruined virtually every birthday party Mac has had since he created him (and embarrassed him). For once, with Bloo sick and "confined" to his room, Mac's hoping for the perfect party for once. When Bloo ends up ruining it too, it makes sense that Mac will put down the iron fist and make Bloo fix it.

And as for Mac's age, I think most of us are decided he's now nine. I don't remember any reference to him being "eight" again after that episode aired. :)

taranchula
10-22-2009, 08:07 PM
I've just watched this one- and I'm a little confused.

I didn't rally enjoy it that much, to be honest. It was okay-ish. Way too Bloo-centric, which also puts me off some other episodes. It bored me a little. It didn't feel like Fosters. I've properly missed out on all the in-jokes/haven't realised what it was meant to parody.

I didn't quite understand the ending- Bloo made a mess at the party and made everyone ill- he gave Mac his birthday present (two IOUs), but Mac uses them to make Bloo fix the party? Have I missed anything?

Also, do we consider there to be no aging Fosters universe? Is Mac nine, or still eight?

This episode and it's predecessor (Season 5's Bloo Superdude/Potato of Power) are gag driven affairs, where the story plays second fiddle to the heaping amounts of pop culture references crammed into the 22 minuet running time. So it's understandable how something can like that can be a little off putting to some viewers. Especially when one doesn't get the references, I mean they did a reference to a semi obscure 70's sci-fi movie* that I only and maybe a select few on this board have ever heard let alone seen.

The ending fits with in Mac's character, he's showing his selfless side by essentially sharing his present with the laid up friends in the household, while at the same time showing his firm side by having Bloo taking care of said sick friends, thus essentially punishing Bloo for causing the mess in first place. (And after all Bloo did owe Mac something, it didn't have to be anything tangible.)

As for the aging question, the Foster's universe was in a state of "Prepetual Now" where no one really aged significantlly throughout the course of the show, so it's safe to assume had the show continued on then Mac would most likely still be 8 in any future episodes.

(*The scene with Mac appearing as a large stone head, is a reference to the movie Zardoz, look it up if you want to see Sean Connery as you've never seen him before.)

Another Castle
10-23-2009, 02:24 AM
Perhaps that would make more sense to watch the first one. I could tell it was made from Bloo's hyperactive imagination, and how he see's the world.

I don't think I'd go out of my way to watch this one again tho.

'I Only Have Suprise For You' is one of my least favorite episodes (it was way too harsh on Mac), so I consider it non-canon (I just try to forget about it)

Gosh, I sound hard to please today!>:(

Not to go off topic, but do we all universally agree (how shall I explain this) that all the episodes 'happen' in the order they were aired?

And as for Mac's age, I think most of us are decided he's now nine. I don't remember any reference to him being "eight" again after that episode aired. :)

Do you mean he is nine years old in episode after 'IOHSFY'? So would he be ten in this episode (and the final four after that?) :duchconf:

Lynnie
10-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Do you mean he is nine years old in episode after 'IOHSFY'? So would he be ten in this episode (and the final four after that?) :duchconf:
Well, not necessarily. Mac said Bloo never throws him a surprise birthday party on his birthday because then it wouldn't be a surprise. So, I think the birthday they're celebrating in "IOHSFY" could still be his eighth. Although, come to think of it, I don't remember a reference to Mac being eight after "Surprise" too, so I guess it's up for speculation. ;)

Another Castle
04-26-2010, 11:40 AM
As for the aging question, the Foster's universe was in a state of "Prepetual Now" where no one really aged significantlly throughout the course of the show, so it's safe to assume had the show continued on then Mac would most likely still be 8 in any future episodes.

Whislt I don't like this episode and choose to ignore it, I have recently watched Bad Dare Day (the following episode), and at the end Bloo (impersonating Mac) mentions him being eight years old- unless he was just mistaken, this would perhaps be proof of your theory. Well, we can believe what ever we want.

antgirl1
04-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Or it could be just CN airing the episodes in the wrong order. Perhaps Bad Dare Day took place before Bloo Superdude and the Great Creator of Everything's Awesome Ceremony of Fun That He's Not Invited to.

Just a thought. XD

Lucky
09-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Actually, considering how old Mac is, he was eight in 2004, making him born in 1996 (hey, same year as me :D), so wouldn;t he be 12 or 13 in that episode?

Lynnie
09-17-2010, 07:31 PM
In real life logic, yes. But in cartoon logic, not necessarily. The same has happened with the cartoon "The Simpons". Lisa would be close to 30 by now, but nope, in the latest episodes she's still eight. Another is "Arthur", which debuted in '96 I believe. Arthur is eight when it debuted, and new episodes are still being made today so he'd really be 22, but nope. He and his friends are still eight. In fact, I think most cartoons don't really age their characters other than a few episodes where a birthday is mentioned. It's just cartoon logic. It can be hard to get use to, but as long as you don't obsess over it and analyze things too much, we can live with it.

Hmm, I just realized eight is a popular age for cartoon kids, too.