PDA

View Full Version : Bad Dare Day

The Huntsman
11-23-2008, 01:06 AM
This episode just aired in the UK. I thought I'd create this thread in order to let you all know what it was about.

Bad Dare Day: Things get out of hand when the residents of Foster’s begin to dare one another to do crazy things.

antgirl1
11-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Why are episodes airing early in the UK? Am I missing something? :(

The Huntsman
11-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Why are episodes airing early in the UK? Am I missing something? :(I’m not sure, but this isn’t the first time that something like this has happened; I remember fans of “Avatar: The Last Airbender” were quite upset when episodes of that series began airing in Canada before they aired in the United States.

Lynnie
11-23-2008, 11:50 AM
This plot sounds loads of fun. And maybe a little scary. :macwor: 8D I can't begin to imagine what dares Bloo would throw at the other friends.

I'm getting even more mad at CN. CN Too has the courtesy to air a good show that's not dead yet. But CN doesn't. They are very swiftly losing my respect. Once Foster's is over, I may quit watching it at all. :madbloo:

antgirl1
11-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Yes....Foster's was the biggest highlight of CN's days. Take away something like that without good explianation (It's like it never existed until now, but we all know it isn't true), and no one's gonna watch the channel.

But I guess I'll have to settle for Chowder, Flapjack and Total Drama Island....everything else is pure rubbish to me.

OFF TO BOOMERANG?

fosters-fan
11-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Oh, sure! Let the UK see all the good episodes, and make us Americans suffer! X(

CN is really starting to grind my gears! >:(

jekylljuice
11-27-2008, 01:14 AM
Oh, sure! Let the UK see all the good episodes, and make us Americans suffer! X(

CN is really starting to grind my gears! >:(

Hey, I'd say that here in the UK we're every bit as deserving of seeing good episodes as you guys across the pond. Remember that usually the new episodes tend to air first in the US, and we have to wait a little while before we start seeing any signs of them in the UK, so this is really just a reversal of the more typical situation. Unfortunately for me, I haven't really been watching much TV lately, so this one (and the other two episodes which the Huntsman cited) completely passed me by.

If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say that it has something to do with broadcasting patterns. When Cartoon Network started airing Season Five upon our shores, it did so by airing one new episode successively every weekday. Thus, hype is given more to the new series as a whole than it is to individual episodes, which appears to be the case within the US. From what I can make out (and you can correct me if I'm wrong), new episodes in the US appear to be held over until specifically designated - though not necessarily regular - dates, possibly to maximize upon hype (though that aspect appears to have been severly lacking for Foster's in recent times), and thus are aired upon a much more intermittent basis. Depending upon how long the US intends to hold the broadcast of these new episodes over, the UK does, therefore, have the potential to get through them at a quicker rate than the US, even if the latter started airing them first. I remember this being the case with the first season of Disney's Kim Possible - in the KP community to which I belonged, I was sworn to secrecy about the events of certain episodes, while the Disney Channel in the US took just about forever to air them.

fosters-fan
11-27-2008, 08:51 AM
Hey, Jekylljuice? You haven't happened to see the new episodes yet, have you?

If you have, you mind telling us how the episodes go without giving a boatload away? I don't wanna be spoiled.

antgirl1
11-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Unfortunately for me, I haven't really been watching much TV lately, so this one (and the other two episodes which the Huntsman cited) completely passed me by.

Um....does this answer your question?

jekylljuice
11-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Yeah, like I said, I missed them, otherwise I would love to be able to talk in more detail about them. ;) I've just been really busy this year with academic commitments, and without access to Cartoon Network for much of the time. I was in a position where I could've very easily have tuned in over the past three or four weeks and watched at my leisure, but...it's amazing how quickly you get out of the habit of something.

The Huntsman
11-27-2008, 12:31 PM
If you have, you mind telling us how the episodes go without giving a boatload away? I don't wanna be spoiled.I’m not sure if that is possible. The summary that I provided is about as informative as it can be without giving anything away.

fosters-fan
11-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Very well. But I swear, if they don't air the newest Foster's episodes any time soon, I am gonna give the guys in charge a major earful or something like that! :madbloo:

I hope you're listening to us, whoever's in charge of managing CN's lineup! We're dying to see the new episodes!

Keij
11-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Very well. But I swear, if they don't air the newest Foster's episodes any time soon, I am gonna give the guys in charge a major earful or something like that! :madbloo:

I hope you're listening to us, whoever's in charge of managing CN's lineup! We're dying to see the new episodes!

You don't want it to end too quickly.

With the holidays only three weeks away, they're going to start their Christmas season; not really a good time to air new episodes of things besides Christmas specials.

I'm not going to be here for Christmas, but I hope they air "A Lost Claus" within their December Christmas block. It'd be nice to tribute the older better shows, instead of forcing memes the shows that aren't popular to be popular.

lucyrocks73
12-01-2008, 05:30 AM
Sounds like that episode of One Tree Hill with the dare night. I keep picturing confessionals, empty graves, and photo booths, but I doubt Foster's will go that far!

-Marty :goo:

bloonuggets
12-01-2008, 03:49 PM
"I hope they air 'A Lost Claus' within their December Christmas block. It'd be nice to tribute the older better shows, instead of forcing memes the shows that aren't popular to be popular."

Here you go, Keij: The airdates are December 15 @ 8:30 PM ET/PT, December 21 @ 11 AM ET/PT, Christmas Eve at 4 PM and 9:30 PM ET/PT and Christmas Morning at 9 AM ET/PT. And Sparky, would be okay if I gave the Lost Claus episode thread a bump beforehand?

Sparky
12-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Threads may be bumped IF you actually have something to say. Bumping just to bump is a no-no.

Creamy
12-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Well, I've watched this episode, and it's got....everything!

Peas, Frit and Frat (kind of. They stood there through out the episode doing nothing), Old Man Rivers, a first round dare champion Bloppy Pants (you've got to love that sweet little nervous, tatty cat), Mac being dared to tell Frankie he loves her.
For the sake of it, image below. Click link:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2niqnm9&s=4

I'm guessing they're trying to get as man friends in as possible for the end of the show :(

pitbulllady
12-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Well, I've watched this episode, and it's got....everything!

Peas, Frit and Frat (kind of. They stood there through out the episode doing nothing), Old Man Rivers, a first round dare champion Bloppy Pants (you've got to love that sweet little nervous, tatty cat), Mac being dared to tell Frankie he loves her.
For the sake of it, image below. Click link:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2niqnm9&s=4

I'm guessing they're trying to get as man friends in as possible for the end of the show :(

Well, maybe I'm not looking forward to it now as much as I was, like, 10 minutes ago. I was hoping NOT to see one of those characters again. If a certain slacker IF from Canada shows up, I'll be really disappointed.:scaryberry:

pitbulllady

Creamy
12-08-2008, 05:27 AM
Well, maybe I'm not looking forward to it now as much as I was, like, 10 minutes ago. I was hoping NOT to see one of those characters again. If a certain slacker IF from Canada shows up, I'll be really disappointed.:scaryberry:

pitbulllady

Well, I can promise you one thing, Goofball's not in it! Also, if you're worried about Peas, he appears for a couple of seconds in a non-speaking cameo

WestBunny:3
12-08-2008, 11:57 AM
I have to admit it, this episode had everything in it. gotta love the end :D

Mew
04-11-2009, 10:13 AM
I loved this episode! XD Not sure if I should post it in spoilers or not, so I'll post with spoiler tags just to be on the safe side.

I was laughing all the way through this episode! When it got to the marriage scene.. oh boy xD. I loved the ending, too. Also, I guess Mac doesn't age, since it was his birthday party in the last episode and he's still eight in this episode (Bloo actually said he was eight. Another official confirmation, unless I've missed something XD).. unless he's been seven for the last five seasons, or something. Or maybe this episode is before The Bloo Superdude. Or maybe I'm reading too much into this.

Lynnie
04-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Well, I for one appreciated the spoilers. So thank you. :)

Yay, only one more month to go before we see the show again! Possibly only two and a half weeks, even. :D

bloonuggets
05-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Pretty much what I expected from reading the spoilage.

fosters home fan
05-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Lol... Pretty good episode. Some of the dares were very outrageous/funny. That's all I have to say.

Mr. Marshmallow
05-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Lol... Pretty good episode. Some of the dares were very outrageous/funny. That's all I have to say.

Boogi daring Mac to confess his feelings for Frankie....

BEST DARE EVER!

:bloogrin: Oops, I seem to sound like I'm stuck on this pretty good aren't I?

Oh well.

Imaginary Light
05-03-2009, 03:34 PM
I loved how they did this episode, like how they made like a tournament-type of show. Really awesome. Loved this one!

Although when Bloo had to burn all his paddleballs, I couldn't help but think, "Aww! Poor Bloo!" 8D

pitbulllady
05-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Best line in ANY tv episode, ever...

"It's like cheese with an AFRO!"

Yeah, I've had a few of those science projects pop up in my own 'fridge...even more now that my brother has had to move in with me.

pitbulllady

One Radical Dude
05-03-2009, 03:59 PM
I would have to say this was probably the funniest of the five.

Bloppypants got a fair amount of time here, and we heard him speak again. I couldn't believe all those dares they had to do. I was astonished to learn Mac would do all of those dares. I really loved how Mac would destroy Bloo's paddle balls, and that he and Bloo would impersonate each other...especially Mac imitating Bloo. 8D

taranchula
05-03-2009, 08:11 PM
You would think that after a comic tour de force like Bloo Superdude and the.... that they couldn't keep the momentum going...we if you thought that IMHO you would be very much wrong. :D

Once again a simple concept was taken to the comical extremes and I loved every moment of it.

Man once more we've learned that once Mac gets the flames of competition in his belly he can be down right vicious.

Big ups to the animators they got the overdone TV style presentation down cold, makes one wish that ESPN would start carrying dare competitions. (It would be better then poker IMHO)

Madam Foster is right, if you're going to do crazy things it's best to do so in an organization fashion. And they said this show didn't have any positive lessons for the kiddies. Pshaw.

Another well deserved A to this one.

MaxJ1800
05-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Heh, am I the only one who thought Mac was about to wet himself, when he tried to confess to Frankie? And Bloo was just outright cheating, daring friends to do stuff that's physically impossible for them.

taranchula
05-04-2009, 07:15 AM
And Bloo was just outright cheating, daring friends to do stuff that's physically impossible for them.

Oh well Mac was no angel himself especially when he tried to get poor Yoogie to betray his dietary beliefs by having his lips touch meat, which is a huge no no for most people of Indian descent, in fact I am kind of surprised they got away with such a gag in the first place, I guess maybe since they didn't specifically mention religion or Hinduism it was okay.

jekylljuice
05-04-2009, 07:45 AM
Oh well Mac was no angel himself especially when he tried to get poor Yoogie to betray his dietary beliefs by having his lips touch meat, which is a huge no no for most people of Indian descent, in fact I am kind of surprised they got away with such a gag in the first place, I guess maybe since they didn't specifically mention religion or Hinduism it was okay.

Well, as a vegetarian myself, Yogi has my utmost respect for the stand he took on that. At the end of the day, it isn't worth compromising your deeply-held beliefs just for the sake of a silly competition.

(And please, don't take the pee out of me for saying that, or for being what I am. Seriously, I'm just not in the mood for it right now. I just wanted to show my appreciation for Yogi while the moment was still there.)

Mac-a-lacka
05-04-2009, 10:30 AM
This was probably the funniest I think. Mac and Bloo acting as eachother was great. I especially liked the Sloppy Moe dares. 8D

Bloo4Ever
05-06-2009, 06:26 PM

Well, vicious as it was, its perfectly within boundaries. I have to agree with MaxJ1800 that it isn't fair for Bloo to do things not physically possible (although it was definitely funny. Like Byron Giant who had to eat pickles with no mouth 8D) But in fairness, Mac had some of these as well, like the tattooing of the Declaratoin of Independence.

Anyways, I thought this episode was even better than the Superdude one, and it so cool to see that Mac still has feelings for Frankie in my opinion. But best line ever:

"I dare you to eat Jackie's sandwich!"

"That's not a dare; That's a death wish." :bloogrin:

Lynnie
05-11-2009, 07:07 PM
I love the shade of green Bloo turns into. The color looks good on him.

Glad to see Paco is feeling better. And I liked that whole scene with Ed, too.

HAha, just following a dare causes Wilt to pass out. I liked Boomer passing out, too.

Madame F. looks so much more like a little old granny without her teeth. 8D And I knew from the start she'd join in the fun.

"C-I-S-S-Y-M-P.." lol!!

Uh oh, Mac's mad. And Bloo's not being fair, he's daring friends to do stuff they can't physically do at all, even when they wanted to. Including Wilt not being able to NOT say "sorry". Shame, Bloo, shame. Eh, it's typical Bloo though. I love him.

I love Bloo on the beach with the paddleball. Don't worry Bloo, you can always get another one. Oh wow, he even has names for each of them. Poor, poor Bloo.

I loved Bloo and Mac switching rolls. I've never seen this side of Mac before. Bloo broke Mac's heart into a thousand pieces?? And Bloo apologizes, good for you Bloo! And awww, best friends forever. :) :bloosmirk:

(Sorry, I'm typing all this while I"m watching the ep. Is that ok?)

I loved this one too, full of fun! And interesting tidbits, it was different than any of the other episodes. Another a+ from me.

pitbulllady
05-12-2009, 02:09 AM
I love the shade of green Bloo turns into. The color looks good on him.

Glad to see Paco is feeling better. And I liked that whole scene with Ed, too.

HAha, just following a dare causes Wilt to pass out. I liked Boomer passing out, too.

Madame F. looks so much more like a little old granny without her teeth. 8D And I knew from the start she'd join in the fun.

"C-I-S-S-Y-M-P.." lol!!

Uh oh, Mac's mad. And Bloo's not being fair, he's daring friends to do stuff they can't physically do at all, even when they wanted to. Including Wilt not being able to NOT say "sorry". Shame, Bloo, shame. Eh, it's typical Bloo though. I love him.

I love Bloo on the beach with the paddleball. Don't worry Bloo, you can always get another one. Oh wow, he even has names for each of them. Poor, poor Bloo.

I loved Bloo and Mac switching rolls. I've never seen this side of Mac before. Bloo broke Mac's heart into a thousand pieces?? And Bloo apologizes, good for you Bloo! And awww, best friends forever. :) :bloosmirk:

(Sorry, I'm typing all this while I"m watching the ep. Is that ok?)

I loved this one too, full of fun! And interesting tidbits, it was different than any of the other episodes. Another a+ from me.

Wilt was acting, though, when he "passed out", trying to make the others think that he'd taken Jackie's sandwich and eaten it, at great risk. When Jackie walked in seconds later, eating said sandwich, the others realized that Wilt was faking it. He cheated, in other words, so he lost the dare.

pitbulllady

Bloo4Ever
05-12-2009, 06:44 PM
At first, when I saw Wilt, and that he looked like he was eating the sandwich, I at first thought that Wilt did eat the sandwich, however, since he was sorry for Jackie, made an entirely new sandwich for Jackie. I thought that would have been hilarious. :D

Lynnie
05-12-2009, 07:06 PM
The way I saw it, Wilt ate the sandwich, and Jackie had made another one, perhaps a better one, which is why he walked away from his sandwich in the first place. Everyone thought Wilt had faked it though, and so he lost the dare, and Wilt being Wilt, he let them believe he had failed rather than argue. Him making Jackie the other sandwich makes sense to me though too. Ah well, I guess it can be open to many speculations.

Sparky
05-12-2009, 08:58 PM
I recall Wilt having an oops-you-caught-me look after Jackie walked in with the sandwich, so I believe Wilt was faking it to get out of performing an insanely dangerous dare. I didn't grab it though, so I could be mistaken.

pitbulllady
05-13-2009, 02:18 AM
I have to wonder just what the "danger" actually was-the size of sandwich, or the ingredients, or Jackie's wrath? I mean, what exactly is a guy who is small enough to get pwned by a CAT gonna do to someone who is 10 feet tall?

pitbulllady

jekylljuice
05-13-2009, 02:31 AM
I have to wonder just what the "danger" actually was-the size of sandwich, or the ingredients, or Jackie's wrath? I mean, what exactly is a guy who is small enough to get pwned by a CAT gonna do to someone who is 10 feet tall?

pitbulllady

Trust me, you don't mess with Jackie as far as sandwiches are concerned.

Cassini90125
05-13-2009, 06:54 AM

pitbulllady

Strike from concealment. 8-)

jekylljuice
05-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Strike from concealment. 8-)

Lol, nice. 8D

Bloo4Ever
05-16-2009, 10:55 AM

pitbulllady

Hell hath no fury like Jackie Khones wrath 8D

Even Jackie himself knows that for someone to take his sandwich would be a death wish :P

Another Castle
04-17-2010, 01:55 PM
I just watched this episode for the first time today, and although this won't be one of my favorites, I can see why everyone is so enthusiastic about it!
I especially like the presentation style for the dares, with :) and :bloogrin: pulling sillier expressions each time! And there was a little pea who needs a magnifying glass! It was nice to see some obscurer friends, but have we seen the robot before? I don't recognize him. We see a more mischievous side to Mac here, which I may appease those who say he is too well behaved/precocious. In fact, Madame Foster call him the red menace at one point! Mr H. certainly won't approve of the whole event, but then she is the read head authority figure of the house.
I didn't really like the Sloppy Joe bit tho- what is he meant to be? This show seldom uses gross-out humor.

I'll list some of the dares they each had to do (bear with me, I'm looking at the screenshots to remind me)-
Mac: -drink something rotten from the fridge, eat/drink everything at Ed's tea party, sit on a doll, apologize to the doll, fetch dentures, tell Frankie he loves her, yell "boogers" on the loadphone, put Don Lickles' foot into his mouth, lick the floor clean, hug and lick Sloppy Joe, impersonate Bloo [get a mohawk was suggested]
Bloo: -Eat the old cheese, pull off a shoe, say sorry to the doll, draw a mustache onto his face, roll in mud, burn paddleballs, kiss and marry Sloppy Joe, impersonate Mac

I didn't quite catch what Bloo said at the end- did he say he put "Mac loves Frankie on the internet, and all the friends know about it already?

sldlovesfosters
03-02-2013, 11:13 AM
This was most definetly an AWESOME episode.

"Thats not a dare, thats a death wish!" even Jackie himself said so XD oh Wilt, you think your clever, me no thinks so ;) Wilt did fairlly well with the dares, once the real compition started XD but before that, with the trying to give him flat tire XD

"I'm sorry, but I don't think you can someone with hightops a flat tire" or something along those lines XD I need to rewatch XD

but later, with him rolling on old man Rivers lawn, PRICELESS. but Wilt aside, it was still a great episode. The ending especially. Bloo and Mac impersinating one another, adorable XD and sweet, and at the end, the hugs, the hugs of it all!!! I love how Eduardo and Wilt sorta exchange alittle moment there, I love it, Wilt?Ed freindship <3 I imagine they are sorta close XD since for the longest time Ed was Wilt's sole male roomate, no offence to Coco XD

well theres meh two cents :3

KazooBloo
11-23-2016, 11:51 AM
This episode gets a solid C.