PDA

View Full Version : Foster's recording session in Bang Zoom's Adventures in Voice Acting vol. 1 DVD

cartman414
07-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Owing evidently to Tom Kenny's appearance, in the finally released first volume of the three part DVD voice over documentary series, Adventures in Voice Acting, there is a clip from a Foster's recording session with Tom and Keith Ferguson. Since the first volume is chiefly about anime, it's really part of a mini-segment regarding the differences between anime dubbing and original voiceover. (A few moments later a clip from "Bloooo" with Wilt and Eduardo where Wilt asks about Eduardo's potato sack is shown. :D) Evidently Tom was part of the volume due to his involvement in IGPX. (The series' other featured stars, Haley Joel Osment, Michelle Rodriguez, and Lance Henriksen were also in there.)

Volume 1 of AIVA has been available at Anime Expo this past week (got mine signed by Wendee Lee - woot!) and will supposedly hit retail in a couple weeks. The following two volumes will be on games and original animation, respectively.

Lynnie
07-06-2008, 08:49 PM
I remember hearing about this some weeks ago and thought it looked pretty cool. :bloosmirk: Thanks for the details about what exactly is on it concerning Tom. Didn't know Keith would also be on it, interesting. :bloogrin: I wonder what the third one will be like? I may check it out myself if I'm familiar with any of the animations on it.

cartman414
07-06-2008, 10:09 PM
I remember hearing about this some weeks ago and thought it looked pretty cool. :bloosmirk: Thanks for the details about what exactly is on it concerning Tom. Didn't know Keith would also be on it, interesting. :bloogrin: I wonder what the third one will be like? I may check it out myself if I'm familiar with any of the animations on it.

Keith wasn't part of the documentary per se. He was simply on camera in the Foster's recording session. Tom was the interviewee of the two. That said, it's interesting that Cartoon Network Studios was one of the places highlighted.

I'm also curious about the third volume. I asked a quick question about who was interviewed for it, mentioning Tara Strong as one I would have liked to see, but they said they weren't able to get ahold of her. But then again, in spite of the impressive count for the first volume, there were a couple missing there also, namely Lia Sargent and Bridget Hoffman, both anime staples.

Pawbah
07-06-2008, 10:18 PM
My brother bought that DVD at expo. We haven't watched it yet. Now I really want to though.

taranchula
07-07-2008, 07:04 AM
Slightly off topic question, but was Ocean group studios (Gary Chalk, Scott Mcneil...et al) one of the studios featured in the documentary?

I would assume so, but I thought I would ask anyways just to be sure.

One Radical Dude
07-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Sweet. I would've loved to purchase the DVD. However, I'll try to get it when it becomes more available.

The official website is here (http://www.adventuresinvoiceacting.com).

cartman414
07-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Slightly off topic question, but was Ocean group studios (Gary Chalk, Scott Mcneil...et al) one of the studios featured in the documentary?

I would assume so, but I thought I would ask anyways just to be sure.

Nope, nobody from the Great White North. Sorry. :(

Xroc88
07-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Can someone rip it and upload it to youtube?

Sparky
07-13-2008, 04:32 PM
Can someone rip it and upload it to youtube?

Well. I just got an email from Bang Zoom Entertainment, who saw this post, asking us not to upload the DVD anywhere. Not that I was going to do it personally or that I can stop anyone else doing it, but yeah. :jk:

Anyways because the company stepped forward the staff and I will not be allowing links to uploaded copies of this DVD to be posted on Never Forgotten. Just fyi.

cartman414
07-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Wow. I didn't know they actually looked here.

lucyrocks73
07-24-2008, 05:23 PM
I need to find that DVD... Sounds interesting. My friends all make fun of me because a. I like cartoons and b. I know who does the voices just by listening.

-Marty :goo:

KazooBloo
12-23-2016, 10:05 PM
Haley Joel Osment you say?