PDA

View Full Version : Can you guys give me some feedback?

Sparky
06-23-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm experimenting with an online storage site to replace Megaupload, but I want to see if you guys think it works well before I upload a whole bunch of files. So, can y'all download this copy of Cheesequest (http://a-read.onlinestoragesolution.com/cheesequestavi.avi) and let me know if the site is easy to access, if you can download from all over the world, etc? It'd help me out. Thanks. :terrsmile:

edit: Remember to RIGHT-CLICK the link and save it rather than just clicking on it. I tried that and Quicktime broke my browser. :P

edit edit: I updated my Quicktime but for some reason the file won't play in the browser, at least not for me. Anyways the point here is I want to see how easy it is for people to download files not watch them on the site, so please right-click and save the file. :)

Shelltoon
06-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Took a few seconds to start up, but when it started, the download was pretty fast! I had an average of probably 434 kbps

Sparky
06-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Yes I noticed it always takes a little while to access the site...and I do get timeouts sometimes and have to refresh. I'm just hoping people don't get interrupted in the middle of a download.

I hate the username they gave me, "a-read". :P I'm going to see if I can request one, they didn't even give me a choice.

WiltsAKGirl17
06-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Well, when I tired it, the site kicked up right away, and it pulled up my Windows Media Player, but it spent a while in Windows Media Player "connecting," so I gave up.

But then again, I have little patience, so... ;D

Sparky
06-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Well did you try right-clicking and downloading it rather than just left-clicking it?

Cassini90125
06-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Worked fine for me. Took 1 minute 49 seconds at an average rate of 66.5KB/sec.

Subzeroace
06-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Worked fine for me. Took 1 minute 49 seconds at an average rate of 66.5KB/sec.

Pretty much the same results for me.

Xroc88
06-24-2008, 02:06 AM
This is a really great hosting site, went really fast for me.

WiltsAKGirl17
06-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Well did you try right-clicking and downloading it rather than just left-clicking it?

Tried that, too. I got a pop-up menu with "Open," "Open in new window," "Open in new tab," etc. I clicked on "Open" and got the same results a before. I've also tried new tab and new window with the same results, plus it kills my Windows Media Player.

And for the record, I do know the difference beteen left and right, so that probably isn't the problem. ;)

Xroc88
06-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Err Right click and SAVE AS!!

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/picard-no-facepalm.jpg

pitbulllady
06-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Err Right click and SAVE AS!!

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/picard-no-facepalm.jpg

Excuse me, but she already said she knows the difference between right-clicking and left-clicking. Sometimes, older computers, like mine, just don't want to act according to rules(like some forum members), and people who use Internet Explorer are more likely to run into download problems. I know I have. You don't have to be rude to give someone advice on how to do things; not all of us are computer geeks, after all. WiltsAKGirl17's comment was not "dumb", but closely echoes the same problem I often have with an old computer, and I most certainly know how to right-click-save as.

pitbulllady

Xroc88
06-24-2008, 02:49 PM
I don't understand how an old computer with IE cannot have a "Save as" command.

By the way go with firefox its much better.

pitbulllady
06-24-2008, 05:10 PM
I don't understand how an old computer with IE cannot have a "Save as" command.

By the way go with firefox its much better.

It HAS one; it just doesn't always work. In other words, when you click "Save As", nothing happens. It doesn't save anything, but ignores that command.
And that, along with IE's refusal to acknowledge the newest version of Flash, is why I went with Firefox. Now, I just have to put up with Firefox periodically "dumping" my bookmarks(actually, the folders just keep getting corrupted, but no matter how many new ones I create, same thing happens. Oh, well).

pitbulllady

Sparky
07-06-2008, 07:45 PM
In response to Cassini saying he might snag the files of the parade off of YouTube I uploaded the fullsize wmv's to this storage site, so grab 'em while you can. Because I'm really not sure I'm going to stay with this service, their customer service is completely non-existent; they don't reply to ANY of my messages. :/ Anyways.

Parade '06 (http://a-read.onlinestoragesolution.com/parade06.wmv)

Parade '07 (http://a-read.onlinestoragesolution.com/parade07.wmv)

WiltsAKGirl17
07-07-2008, 01:35 AM
Ohh... I had to hit "Save As"... OK.

I did that, and it worked-- very very quickly I might add, which thrilled me immensely-- but then again, this is probably what pushed my family over our monthly download limit. :P

Putting that last bit aside, it's a good site, lack of customer service notwithstanding.

KazooBloo
12-23-2016, 10:00 PM
8D Not too shabby.