PDA

View Full Version : 101 Reasons Why We Love Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends!

Foster's Geek 287
04-24-2008, 05:21 PM
There are so many loveable characters that it's hard to pick a favorite
It exceeds the number of episodes it should have by two seasons-- a new record, I believe
There's a whole new world in every episode
Background characters are just as loveable as main ones
We can have a good episode, inside or outside the house
There are 6 seasons, 3 TV movies, 2 specials, 76 episodes, and an uncountable number of shorts
30-second shorts are almost as funny as 30-minute episodes

Keep the list going!

Frankie_4_Prez
04-24-2008, 06:13 PM
8. Wholesome humor, hilarious word play, and Mr. Herriman's accent
9. Great character depth with excellent voice acting that's full of emotion and soul
10. Finding the joys of everyday occurrences; no need to beat up another monster every episode
11. Superb artwork, backdrops, and use of sound effects
12. The wacky, high-spirited theme song
13. Portrays the ups and downs of friendship in an entertaining manner, rarely condescending
14. Did I mention Frankie?

Sparky
04-24-2008, 06:26 PM
...This thread is *reallly* iffy, as we don't allow list threads or game threads (and these kinds of threads are *almost* games). I guess it's sort of discussion in a way, but if people start listing like, just character names or something like that this will go to Spam.

fosterguy33
06-07-2008, 08:44 PM
because of the touching moments which really bring out the emotion of the moment, even if its a cartoon. including
15. House of Bloo's - scene where mac and bloo see the photos of one another.
16. schlock star - when mac, regardless of what horrible things bloo did to him and his band, brings him up to the microphone and lets bloo be the star of the show!! >< :bloosmirk:

MacXBloo foreverrrrrrr~~~!!
http://fosterguy33.deviantart.com/art/MacXBloo-88011870

Ridureyu
06-07-2008, 10:36 PM
17. Because, for a variety of reasons including characters, themes, humor, and even art, we really like this show, and nobody should try to force us differently.

WiltsAKGirl17
06-08-2008, 10:16 PM
18.) It's a source of inspiration for a wide variety of fanart and fanfiction, from drawing to the artisan crafts (pottery, etc.), from poetry to parodies.

19.) It's a reminder to stay in touch with your youth, a la Madame Foster and Mac. :mfoster: :)

I'm sure I'll come up with more eventually.

Mac-a-lacka
06-08-2008, 10:25 PM

I like how Foster's stays in the modern age unlike most other cartoons, such as showing items like cell phones, check books and pagers, etc.:gooblab:

iceberg210
06-10-2008, 09:09 AM
21. For catch phrases, and dialogs that we'll quote for the rest of our lives.
22. For resurrecting the kind of two level comedy pioneered by Rocky and Bullwinkle.
23. For characters that are so individual, different, rememberable, special and amazing that people will remember them far beyond when the show is no longer on television.

WiltsAKGirl17
06-10-2008, 09:22 AM
24.) For the pop culture references and parodies-- "Store Wars," etc.

bloonuggets
06-12-2008, 10:52 PM
25. Cheese will never be the same after the character...

Xroc88
06-18-2008, 03:59 PM
1.Frankie
2.Frankie
3.Frankie
4.??????
5.Profit

antgirl1
06-19-2008, 12:54 PM
30. Imaginaries are real! :D
31. Wilt
32. The show is for all audiences

I can't think of any more...

niagarafeline
06-20-2008, 10:41 PM
33. While it's a perfectly great show for young children, it's humor also contains an underlying wit that appeals to older audiences.

Jackie Khones
06-30-2008, 07:22 PM
34. While early episodes were awesome, newer ones, unlike other shows, are still awesome

BluebottleFlyer
07-01-2008, 01:57 AM
35. Because one episode can just simply help you forget your troubles for half an hour.

L.G.
07-04-2008, 07:43 PM
36. For all the characters that we all love, there are also a few characters that we love to hate (*cough* Duchess *cough*).

King Wilt
07-06-2008, 12:11 PM
37. Its Humorous and There are soo many Characters

Shelltoon
07-06-2008, 04:08 PM
38) It will cheer your up, and help maintain a positive outlook on life.

WiltsAKGirl17
07-06-2008, 11:39 PM
40.) It never gets old, no matter how many times you watch it.

I'm on a Foster's binge right now, watching all of seasons 1 and 2 on DVD, and it's like I've only watched each ep once or twice! :D

Beavergard Q. Kazoo
07-11-2008, 08:27 PM
41. It proves a cartoon has the power to make you laugh so hard you can't breath one moment, then tear up the next.

42. Characters who seem beyond hope *coughcoughBloocoughcough* have moments of redemption where you can't help but cheer them on for. No character, as far as I've seen, has been completely one thing or another and has at least one moment where they shine (or at least make you laugh).

scary_dream
07-13-2008, 11:46 PM
12. The wacky, high-spirited theme song

8D I have it on my iPod for crying out loud. It's so catchy!!

1.Frankie
2.Frankie
3.Frankie
4.??????
5.Profit

I lol'ed at your South Park reference :D

It definitely did for me... if anyone remembers the post I made after my boyfriend of 4.5 years and I broke up, it definitely cheered me up. I still repeat "Ya gotta dance, dance, dance!" to myself sometimes. So heartwarming.

43. No matter how many times I see any episode, I love it every single time.
44. It brings back funny gags from other episodes, such as the Orlando Bloo costume in Neighbor Pains, and still the comedy doesn't feel recycled.
45. In almost every episode, you learn new things and tidbits about at least one character. Even if it's small and seems nonchalant, like Wilt needing an inhaler in Foster's Goes to Europe. That's the correct episode, right?

WiltsAKGirl17
07-14-2008, 01:19 AM
46. You start taking note of VA's that you normally wouldn't know.

Before I started watching Foster's, I wouldn't recognize the names Phil LaMarr, Grey DeLisel, Tara Strong and Tom Kenny, among others. Now if I see the name, or hear a voice that sounds similar to that of a Foster's character, my ears perk up like crazy. Seriously, I just saw Tara Strong in the credits of a Family Guy episode...

And a breif aside to scary_dream:
1.) How did you get the Foster's theme on your iPod? :wiltshock:
2.) It was "Foster's Goes to Europe" when we learn that Wilt uses an inhaler. It's also the ep where we find out he uses reading glasses, too. x-)

Sparky
07-14-2008, 01:06 PM

I have it on my iPod too...just download it from here (http://www.venablemusic.com/soundclips/fosters/fosters-main-full.mp3) and slap it in your Library. :) I also have Space God Cheese (http://www.freewebs.com/kohberger/music.htm) and the clips on this page (http://www.fosters-home.com/misc.htm) on there too. I use the plain Foster's logo as the album art.

Xroc88
07-15-2008, 01:53 PM
I have it on my iPod too...just download it from here (http://www.venablemusic.com/soundclips/fosters/fosters-main-full.mp3) and slap it in your Library. :) I also have Space God Cheese (http://www.freewebs.com/kohberger/music.htm) and the clips on this page (http://www.fosters-home.com/misc.htm) on there too. I use the plain Foster's logo as the album art.

I wish cartoon network would release a score album from James L venable, he is a good composer for movies like scary movie 4 and PPG's, very unlikely though but hey PPG got city of soundsville, so maybe fosters shoudl get a score album also.

Back on topic.

scary_dream
07-16-2008, 12:31 AM
46. You start taking note of VA's that you normally wouldn't know.

Before I started watching Foster's, I wouldn't recognize the names Phil LaMarr, Grey DeLisel, Tara Strong and Tom Kenny, among others. Now if I see the name, or hear a voice that sounds similar to that of a Foster's character, my ears perk up like crazy. Seriously, I just saw Tara Strong in the credits of a Family Guy episode...

I know! I'm the same way. I love voice actors, though hehe... it's kind of a hobby. I know he's not from Foster's, but I can pick out Rob Paulsen anywhere!

If the link Sparky gave you didn't work, I downloaded it from Wikipedia of all places :D

Jackie Khones
07-19-2008, 11:07 AM
47. Hearing Cheese and Eduardo talking about chocolate and potatoes can make you smile and chuckle for the whole day

billytheskink
07-19-2008, 04:28 PM
47, is it?
48. The punk rockiness of some of the characters...

Xroc88
07-19-2008, 05:04 PM
The only punk rock i remember is frankie, other than that i see no punk rockness in other characters.

jekylljuice
07-20-2008, 01:37 AM
The only punk rock i remember is frankie, other than that i see no punk rockness in other characters.

Hey, what about Fluffer Nutter? I'd say she's pretty punk. And rockin'.

Xroc88
07-20-2008, 04:12 AM
Oh yeah totally forgot.::)

Cassini90125
04-27-2009, 08:35 PM
49. Two words: Destination Imagination. I've never been so entranced by a movie, animated or otherwise. For me, this was Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends at it's finest... and that's really saying something. :frankiesmile:

pianosaurus
04-27-2009, 09:18 PM
50. It's Hot. In To Pe Ka. 8D

I totally, totally agree! When I was 18.. when I first saw this show, i was pretty down for a few months after a breakup. but i don't know.. this show helped in a way. It's just happy!

nowadays I still watch it when i'm not having a great day. and when i'm bored. or when i need something on for background noise. ok so it's basically on 90% of the time when i'm home :D

KazooBloo
12-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Because of the colorful characters.
Because the childhood innocence!