PDA

View Full Version : quick question about eduardo doll in terrence's room

Frankie_4_Prez
04-24-2008, 01:51 PM
In the IMDB trivia section, it says:
- There is a stuffed Eduardo Doll in Terrence's room

Has anyone with sharper eyes than me seen this? If so, which episode is it in? Immediately I think it's somewhere in Eddie Monster or Infernal Slumber, but I couldn't catch it. Thanks for any tips.

(I'm putting this in spam since there really isn't much to discuss.)

Lynnie
04-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Actually, it's from the pilot "House of Bloos". There's a little stuffed animal that looks an aweful lot like Ed on Mac's floor. Kind of odd if you ask me, being the very first episode, and Mac hadn't even met Ed (or the rest of the friends) yet. Some speculation before "Good Wilt Hunting" wondered if maybe Ed was Mac's mom's friend when she was little, that may explain why the stuffed "Ed" was there. She could have made it for him herself. But after "GWH", we see that that's not the case. I guess it was just a fun little thing the story board writers threw in there. :smed:

Frankie_4_Prez
04-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Thanks, I saw it now. It's definitely Ed, down to his skull-shaped buckle. You're right about it being in Mac's room, not Terrence's. As soon as I read your post I thought, "hmm, must've been a toy from one of Coco's eggs", but turns out it was there before any of the eggs were opened.

Side note: wow, it was weird listening to the "old" voices, it almost felt like I was watching a cartoon from the 80s.

Lynnie
04-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Yeah, it's in Mac's room, not Terrence's. I don't know who submitted that trivia tid bit, but eh. :terrsmile:

You're definately right about the voices, yeah. I think everyone's voices sound different now, but then I think it was Mac, Bloo, Wilt and Frankie who sound the most different. It's a normal process of character development. As with Mac's though, his voice actor Sean was in his early teens at the time, and his voice has gotten drastically deeper since the pilot. I find it amusing watching one of the early eppies and one of the new ones back to back. You can still tell it's the same person but he souunds so different! :)

Frankie_4_Prez
04-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Good thing the Mac character himself didn't grow older in the show... Tim McKeon, or Darrick Bachman + Mac hitting puberty = guaranteed disaster!

taranchula
04-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Just poping in to say that this is a legit topic of conversation and not SPAM so therefore I moved it to a non spam forum.

Just remember the SPAM forum is for roleplaying threads, list threads, game threads and random stream of consiciousness babbling.

And "this" doesn't fall into any of those catagories.

Good thing the Mac character himself didn't grow older in the show... Tim McKeon, or Darrick Bachman + Mac hitting puberty = guaranteed disaster!

Ah don't be so negative, I think that either writer would be more then capable to create something memorable if given the chance to do so.

Frankie_4_Prez
04-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Alright, sorry. I'm still trying to forget about "Europe" and "Peas". >:(

Sparky
04-24-2008, 06:20 PM
The screencap is here (http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/1/00-0110.jpg).

If it means anything, I've been told by someone who works on the show that the Ed doll is just an "Easter egg" and put in there for fun, sort of a "can the viewer spot it?" and doesn't refer to anything like Ed once being Mac's mom's IF or...well, anything.

Although I've been misled to avoid spoilers before, lol. Which I appreciate.

MaxJ1800
04-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Heh, I wonder if Imaginary Friends are allowed to have mechandising deals. That's probably where most of the stuffed toys in those crane games come from. I mean all that money Eduardo had in that safe had to come from somewhere.

jekylljuice
04-27-2008, 03:06 AM
You're definately right about the voices, yeah. I think everyone's voices sound different now, but then I think it was Mac, Bloo, Wilt and Frankie who sound the most different. It's a normal process of character development. As with Mac's though, his voice actor Sean was in his early teens at the time, and his voice has gotten drastically deeper since the pilot. I find it amusing watching one of the early eppies and one of the new ones back to back. You can still tell it's the same person but he souunds so different! :)

That's the reason why most young male cartoon characters tend to be voiced by female voice actors - use a real young male and you might run into slight issues with continuity when his voice breaks (whilst most adult male voices tend to be too deep to begin with). A lot of people claim to be surprised when they learn that Bart Simpson is actually voiced by a lady (Nancy Cartwright), but...eh, it's standard procedure. I was actually pretty surprised when I learnt that Mac genuinely was voiced by a lad...still, I don't think that Sean has done at all badly in that regard. His voice has certainly gotten deeper but I haven't really had much trouble accepting him as the same ol' Mac. :)

Another Castle
11-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Not to go off topic, but here are some of the other things in Mac's bedroom:

-A Nintendo Gamecube, and a Gameboy Advance
-A stereo
-An unusual lamp (pretty big)
-A skateboard (not really something I can see him using- I've never imagined he'd be that athletic)
-Lots of thinly-disguised Star Wars toys/merchandise

MaxJ1800
06-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Personally, I've always just thought that Eduardo got some kind of merchandising deal. I mean look at how most of the imaginary friends look. It'd only be natural to make toys of them.

KazooBloo
12-01-2016, 01:52 PM
Can anyone post a screenshot?

Cassini90125
12-01-2016, 11:23 PM
http://www.fosters-home.com/screengrabs/1/00-0110.jpg

KazooBloo
12-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Thank you! Definitely looks like Eduardo. :smed: