PDA

View Full Version : Nemesis

Frankie_4_Prez
04-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Gotta say the concept was quite original for an antagonist. Though, maybe a bit sexist. Nemesis could easily be considered a best friend under different circumstances (e.g. florist, stereotypical girly girl, etc.).

However, the best part, in my opinion, was how she sounded like an evil Frankie Foster :frankiemad:

jekylljuice
04-10-2008, 02:22 PM
I've only actually seen the episode in question once but yeah, she was pretty cool, and I did get quite a little kick out of seeing her team up with Bloo as Uniscorn in the final act. The way that the story utilised her, as you say, did strike me as being a tad misogynistic, but I guess that was part of the point, she and Imaginary Man having originated from what was basically a childish battle of the sexes. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing in the least bit evil about wanting to spread a little more pink around this world - it's my favourite colour, after all. :oops:

Ub3rD4n
04-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Yeah, that was the point, that from a little girl's point of view, Nemisister was the hero, and Imaginary Man was the "big doo-doo head". She was just an imaginary friend made to annoy boys, and she did that. She was certainly freindly enough to Bloo, when she brought him over to her side.

koosie
04-10-2008, 02:36 PM
I liked her too. It was funny how it was very much a childs-eye view of masculinity and femininity, very black and white or maybe blue and pink. It's brilliant the way her brother is vulnerable to flowers.

Now I love Pink things and flowers but I don't think of them as especially feminine or myself for that matter. Hell, I once told James Bond off and made him cry.

Frankie_4_Prez
04-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Speaking of pink... if only Nemesis painted Bloo entirely pink, now that would've been funny. Though Uniscorn was quite hilarious in his own right.

Empyrisan
05-15-2008, 03:13 PM
I thought Nemesis and her rivalry with Imaginary Man was pretty funny! Typical childish arguements in the bodies of adult imaginary friends!
My favorite quote from her was...
"Yeah?! Well...shut up!"

And her little sidekick "Uniscorn" was humorous! Kinda like a mini Darth Vader pony chess piece!

KazooBloo
12-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Reminded me of the power puff girls villian that always mentioned susan b anthony.