PDA

View Full Version : Happy St. Paddy's!

Lynnie
03-17-2008, 01:07 AM
This may not be the biggest holiday of the year, but as I have Irish blood running through my veins, and had some time to kill, I thought I'd go ahead and say

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

And will you lookee here, Foster's actually goes to Europe!
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa1/Lynnie_Lyn/Bellfast.jpg
Here they are at some ruins near Belfast, Ireland. And as we can certainly understand, they are all very happy at being there. :D

And now to wish you all Claddagh!
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa1/Lynnie_Lyn/bsp2101.jpg
Love, Loyalty and Friendship! Yup, we've got it all here. Slainte! Cheers! :frankiesmile:

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa1/Lynnie_Lyn/020104_emA5_prv.gif
And wishing everyone some Luck o' the Irish! Have a good day!

And if you decide to celebrate with some drinks, please do so responsibly. =)

One Radical Dude
03-17-2008, 01:41 AM
The very day of my parents' anniversary. 32-33 years; I don't know the exact number, but it's in that area. :P Anyways, Happy St. Patrick's Day, and wear your green!

BluebottleFlyer
03-17-2008, 02:43 AM
Don't really celebrate it, as I have no Irish connections, but what the heck. Happy St. Pat's all.:)
Love the Foster's gang in Belfast pic, btw, Lynnie.;)

Diamond Duchess
03-17-2008, 07:58 AM
I'm not Irish, but a happy St. Patrick's Day to all those out there! It's not the biggest holiday around, but it's one of the most fun. Besides, there's green everywhere! (It's my favorite color)

You all have a good one, and thanks Lynnie for all the Irish/European pictures. Nice way to get us into the spirit.

jekylljuice
03-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Oh yeah, this always feels like a pretty significant day on my personal calendar, possibly because just about everyone on my dad's side of the family is Irish...except for my dad, oddly enough.

Hope you're all wearing something green by which to honour the occasion. Me, I'm presently sporting an aqua shirt and jacket, and after much care and frustration, I was able to pick all the knots from the chain on my shamrock pendant.

Well, topa tha evenin' to ya all. ;D

WiltsAKGirl17
03-17-2008, 11:05 AM
Happy St. Patrick's from Alaska, everyone! (And for the record, I'm wearing green earrings and a dark green shirt that says, "They say I Have ADD, but they don't understand. Oh look! A chicken!" I'm covered as far as green goes. Haven't pinched anyone yet, though.)

Ah yes, and Lynnie-- LOVE the Foster's bunch in Ireland. Very cute! XD

Imaginary Light
03-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Happy St. Patrick's Day to the lot of ya! Me, I'm not currently sporting any green except for some earrings. Oh, and I'm wearing my Claddagh ring, so that's gotta count for something, right?

Sparky
03-17-2008, 12:07 PM
We actually celebrated St. Patrick's Day on Friday because of the Holy Week conflict, but yes I know it's technically today. Happy St. Pat's Day all. :terrsmile:

Pawbah
03-17-2008, 02:31 PM
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! My brother already tried to pinch me, the snot. I'm wearing green so he didn't of course.

Every St. Patrick's Day My mom makes corn beef and cabbage. Does anyone eles have traditions like that?

Cassini90125
03-17-2008, 02:38 PM
We had corned beef and spinach; my father and brother couldn't stand cabbage. Boiled potatoes as well. No one left the table feeling less than full. ;D

Happy St. Patrick's Day! :)

Sparky
03-17-2008, 02:41 PM
My mom always made corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes but my brother won't eat it so I don't make it just for myself. I used to make it when I had a roommate though. My friend Pam was half Irish, and I remember her mom (who wasn't the Irish one, lol) would make corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots, and the next day throw it all in the blender for hash. ;)

taranchula
03-17-2008, 05:09 PM
"Half Irish blood be representing here, yo!"

And by that I mean happy Saint Patrick's to y'all. 8D

Partymember
03-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Irishman from the Appalachian trail here... moonshinin', deer-jacking folk round these parts :D

hope y'all had a memorable saint paddy's day :) now i got to put on a Tommy Makem album and hear about the Patriot's Game if ya don't mind.

antgirl1
03-17-2008, 05:51 PM
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii36/antgirl1/HappyPattysDay.png

NOW It's time for some fun. :D

Lynnie
03-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the compliments on the pic everyone. 8-) I of course feel I could have done a better job, but after all I did do (finding a nice shot of each of them, sizing them to the right proportions, and then placing them in the photo), I think it turned out rather well.

I've never really done anything special for St. Paddy's Day other than wear green, and make sure all my friends and family members were wearing green, and if they weren't, I'd pinch them. It wasn't until only a few years ago I learned exactly how much Irish heritage I have. My fifth great-grandfather Patrick Gayton was born to Thomas and Eleanor Gayton in County Tipperary, Ireland, in 1775. In 1797 he crossed the pond to New Bruswick, Canada, married in 1799 to a girl named Marie (who was also Irish, although we can't really find any history on her), and the land they purchased to support their growing family is still today named "Gayton's Crossing". My dad's side of the family was in New Bruswick and Nova Scotia up until his own parents moved to Massachusetts in 1940. I find it quite interesting as I love history, and am fascinated learning more about my family history. Anyway, after learning I have more Irish blood than I previously thought, and it really wasn't all that long ago, I've taken a bit more pride in the day. There's some Irish history on my mom's side too. I still don't really do anything for the holiday though. :frankiesmile:

And IL, yes, a Claddagh ring is perfectly acceptable. I have one too, and a Celtic Cross necklace (and I wear them every day). I love them! :berry:

Eddit: Ant! You posted while I was typing, Wilt looks great in green! Yes, time for some fun, Whoo hoo! Nice job!