PDA

View Full Version : Wilt's wristband/socks

Sparky
03-10-2008, 03:50 PM
I was doing a search to try and find someone online who sells wristbands like Wilt's other than Hot Topic, and I found a place I can get them by the dozen (well, six pairs), they'd be pretty cheap. I could order a dozen and charge like $3 plus a buck shipping or something - HT charges $3.99 and the colors aren't as nice as these. Profits would just go to the site.

http://www.fosters-home.com/images/wristbands.jpg

Would anyone be interested? :D

pitbulllady
03-10-2008, 04:05 PM
YES! I would definitely want a pair-just let me know where to send the money! I get the wristbands, and it goes to support the site! How neat is that?

Now, if you can get a lead on those darn SOCKS, I'd be really happy, since I've already got the shoes(wore 'em to work today, got more compliments on those than any other shoes I own).
PS-Paypal does not like me for some reason and won't allow me to use my card.

pitbulllady

Sparky
03-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Okay you could pay me some other way. And good idea, I'm looking for the socks now.

pitbulllady
03-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Okay you could pay me some other way. And good idea, I'm looking for the socks now.

PM me with the total amount, including shipping, and your address again(you'd think I'd have it memorized by now, but I'm not good with that sort of thing), and I can send a postal money order.
I can sorta put the word out among my students, too, since I bet a lot of them would want either the wristbands or the socks...especially the socks.

pitbulllady

Sparky
03-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Well wait until I actually receive them...

Found the socks, because I am awesome (it was tricky):

http://www.fosters-home.com/images/socks.jpg

Technically the stripes are reversed (Wilt has red on top) but y'all are lucky they even make these anymore (it's from a specialty site that sells retro tube socks). I'd need to charge...$7 a pair I think (again, including shipping). I can buy them in quantities of 3 or 5 pairs, and I can get them in 19" (knee high on kids 8 and up, shorter on adults), 22" (knee high on the average woman), and 25" (knee high on the average man). Of course, note that the blue on the socks is much darker than the blue on the wristbands (it's a lot closer to the dark blue on the wristband I got at HT, though.)

Lynnie
03-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Found the socks, because I am awesome

ROTFL!! That little comment made laugh enough to lower my blood pressure that had been steadily rising over the last day or two. Thank you! 8D

This is an awesome idea, what lucky finds- both of them! Awesomeness for Wilt fans for sure. :D

WiltsAKGirl17
03-11-2008, 10:43 AM
* Falls off of computer chair * Holy cow! Gah, I'm absolutely DYING now-- I really want those wristbands. OK, I really need a check card now... Super awesome finds, Sparky!

Sparky
03-12-2008, 07:17 PM
By the way, I'm not going to order these until I get more interest. Remember that I have to purchase these in bulk and if only one person is going to buy them from me I'll lose money and I can't afford to do that right now. Just fyi. If anyone reading this isn't a forum member you can just email me (sparky@theneitherworld.com) and let me know you're interested.

One Radical Dude
03-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Have you gotten any more people outside of the forum interested in them? I wonder how many people that are not registered actually will read this thread.

Sparky
03-14-2008, 11:37 AM
No, I haven't mentioned it anywhere else.

KazooBloo
12-23-2016, 10:24 PM
Looks spot on to any USA stuff.