PDA

View Full Version : 3/13/2008 Episode: "Jackie Khones and Case of the Overdue Library Crook"

One Radical Dude
03-08-2008, 06:09 AM
This marks the debut of Season Six, and this must be the Jackie Khones episode that was mentioned last year. This certainly is a promising episode, and I cannot wait to see what Jackie does here. :jk: Lauren, if you're reading this, can you give us the full episode title? It still does not contain the episode name on other TV guides, but on my DISH Network, it contains part of the title. I'm assuming it's "Jackie Khones and the Case of Overdue Library Books" (I could be wrong, though. :jk:). I will edit the title, once we find out.

One week later, it appears that there will not be any new episodes. Heads up there.

bloonuggets
03-08-2008, 08:10 AM
I mentioned already in the "Let Your Hare Down" threads that "Nightmare on Wilson Way" will air on March 20th.

Lynnie
03-08-2008, 07:28 PM
I saw a very quick ad for this Thursday night after the "New Thursday" block had just ended. It looked like it was going to be the one about Jackie that was mentioned last summer at the Con. Whoo hoo, another new eppie! I hope the rest of S6 won't be too far behind. :)

Starsky
03-09-2008, 03:46 AM
According to IMDb, the full title is "Jackie Khones And The Case Of The Overdue Library Crook".

jekylljuice
03-09-2008, 03:59 AM
According to IMDb, the full title is "Jackie Khones And The Case Of The Overdue Library Crook".

That title has the sounds of a genuine whodunnit. I'll assume, for the time being, that's the structure this episode is going to take.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this one. It'll be interesting to see how the Foster's crew handle the challenge of transplanting a long-term supporting character into a starring role. Plus, I anticipate the sardonic little fellow getting some further character development in the process, and that's always a good thing.

pitbulllady
03-09-2008, 03:54 PM
They showed a lot of previews for this one during the 7:00 pm airing of "Let Your Hare Down" tonight. It looks like it's gonna be a parady of "Shaft" and the "Blaxploitation" tv shows and movies of the '70's, with Jackie playing the role of the tough, jive-talkin' detective...a role he couldn't be better suited for!

pitbulllady

taranchula
03-09-2008, 05:53 PM
They showed a lot of previews for this one during the 7:00 pm airing of "Let Your Hare Down" tonight. It looks like it's gonna be a parady of "Shaft" and the "Blaxploitation" tv shows and movies of the '70's, with Jackie playing the role of the tough, jive-talkin' detective...a role he couldn't be better suited for!

pitbulllady

Right on, another one of my dream episodes has seemingly come to life.

Let's put on our shades, raise our wakka-chicka guitars to the skies and get ready for some throwback humor...Foster's style.

Ub3rD4n
03-10-2008, 07:42 PM
That's what I suspected, too, Pitbull Lady, and I hope you're right!

One Radical Dude
03-10-2008, 08:41 PM
IMDB got it wrong, and I almost guessed correctly. The title is called "Jackie Khones and the Case of the Overdue Library Book".

Ccook50
03-11-2008, 12:28 PM
DirecTV's on-screen guide has it listed as "Jackie Khones and the Case of the Overdue Library Crook."

One Radical Dude
03-11-2008, 12:37 PM
I have more faith in what Lauren says, so I'm still going to say it's "Book". We know it's "Jackie Khones and the Case of the Overdue Library...". We'll know in two days.

Nyo
03-11-2008, 02:16 PM
Woah, confusing title. O_o;

Jackie is usually made of awesomesauce, so I'm excited as anything. :D

Lynnie
03-11-2008, 08:05 PM
According to Comcast it's "Crook" too. Eh, yeah, we've just got to wait for that title card.

Cassini90125
03-11-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm with ORD, I'm going with Lauren's version. We'll find out for certain soon enough. :frankiesmile:

Ccook50
03-12-2008, 04:54 AM
Even Cartoon Network's schedule on their site lists it as "Crook."

girl_named_goo
03-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Der. I'm dumb. I forgot it's "Crook." Sorry for the misinformation.
:P

Cassini90125
03-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Oops. Well, "Crook" it is, then. Looking forward to it either way. :)

fosters home fan
03-12-2008, 05:24 PM

hehe, it's ok. Interesting sounding title. I'll be sure to try and watch it this weekend! :bloogrin:!

One Radical Dude
03-12-2008, 05:27 PM

Eh, mistakes happen. No one's perfect. ;)

Ridureyu
03-13-2008, 12:20 PM
It's set to record today! This is good, as I might be out of the house.

antgirl1
03-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Off to the chat goes me! :D

bloonuggets
03-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Who knew that...

Jackie stole the library card of Mac's?

And without Madame Foster, Mr. Herrimann and Coco yet?

Ridureyu
03-13-2008, 05:08 PM
You know, I suspect that Wilt DID assassinate Archduke Dranz Ferdinand.

Mr_Bloo_Veins
03-13-2008, 05:08 PM
HE'S SO BAD. THEY CALL HIM JACKIE. JACKIE KHONNESSSSYEAH.

Do my ears decieve me or did Wilt mention Franz Ferdinand?

Also yeah, I'm new.

The ending didn't surprise me to me honest.

antgirl1
03-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Rofl, this was one of the best ever. Jackie was awesome, Mac went insane for a little while, librarians are scary, solved the mystery as of WHY Jackie's spiteful against Wilt (or at least, hints something), and found more about Jackie's personality. I mean, sure he likes sandwiches, but he also likes chips, hot dogs, nachos, and, the main reason why he "joined" the detective business, DEVILED EGGS. (He joins because they go missing, and thinks Wilt stole them, and Jackie still seems convinced at the end too)

That is made of win, because I love 'em too.

The song was, apron hearing the full thing, was made of awesome. 'Nuff said.

And, who can forget the OMGROFLYAY of seeing Wilt in the pink apron again. Seriously. More win.

Sadly, the real crook was not Bloo, the suited man, but detective himself. CAUGHT in his own act! And what does Mac do?

See for yourself. :)

Favorite quote:

Jackie: I KNEW IT WAS YOU!
Wilt: Sorry! *sheepish smile and chuckle*

So, overall? 9/10, the minus one because of the missing characters. That D. person just got himself redeemed, episode-wise.

You know, I suspect that Wilt DID assassinate Archduke Dranz Ferdinand.

ROFL. That guy must've meant a lot to Jackie, for some reason.

Cassini90125
03-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Quite enjoyable, with a few scenes I particularly liked. 8D Didn't really feel like Foster's, what with half of the stars missing, but a good solid episode nonetheless. B+. :)

Kootiebirdo
03-13-2008, 05:21 PM
Great episode! :) It definitely did a very good job at showing just how hilarious Jackie could really be when devoting a whole episode to him and why he's one of my top favorite characters.

Anyway, I loved how Mac's book disguise had the title "Disguises for Blockheads" on it when he tried sneaking into the library with Jackie.

pitbulllady
03-13-2008, 05:32 PM
This was one of the funniest episodes EVAH! I laughed until I hurt, seriously! It was, as I suspected, a spoof of the old "Blaxploitation" private eye shows of the '70's, with some wonderful tips of the hat to one of my favorite '80's prime-time shows, "Moonlighting" as well(Fluffer Nutter only needed to speak in rhyme to be a wonderful Ms. DePesto). The whole thing with those librarians, and Mac acting like a paranoid druggie seeing people following him everywhere, was priceless. I really got a kick out of Jackie trying to interrogate Wilt, and apparently he's long held a grudge against the Tall Red One, accusing him of all sorts of things, to the point that Wilt now refuses to accept the blame for any of it(and if you stop and really consider the seriousness of THAT concept, it's rather mind-boggling) and gets rather snippy with him. Wilt can definitely lay on the sarcasm when he wants to, with that line about how he didn't assassinate the Archduke Francis Ferdinand!

Yeah, but we still know about you and that grassy knoll, Wilt.

There was quite a bit of inuendo and some bathroom humor, especially in the part where Mac is outside Jackie's office/Fluffer Nutter's bathroom stall asking Jackie if he's alright, while inside, Jackie's assailant is dunking him in the toilet, lol! At least, though, it did lead to the funniest line in the episode:

Mac: "Jackie! Are you alright?"
Jackie: "NO! I just had my head in the toilet!!"

There was a real Monty Python and the Holy Grail vibe about Jackie riding in that little RC car, while Mac ran along behind it, operating the remote control...sorta like that dude with the coconuts following along while everyone else pretended to be riding horses, though I don't know if it was intentional or not.

And is it my imagination, or does it appear that Jackie and Fluffer Nutter are more or less "shackin' up" in HER room?

I missed Coco and Frankie, but I still can't complain about this episode. It was hilariously funny, a tad on the risque side, but hey, most little kids won't get most of it anyway. I definitely give this one an A+!

pitbulllady

bloonuggets
03-13-2008, 06:13 PM
I hate to say this, pitbulllady, but Frankie was in the episode early on.

Imaginary Light
03-13-2008, 07:04 PM
I love Jackie.:P

My favorite part had to be when Jackie was hanging over the toilet and...um, yeah...what they thought he was really doing with the grunts and whatnot. Okay, so I admit it; I like a little toilet humor (haha, literally this time).

One Radical Dude
03-13-2008, 07:18 PM
Honestly, I was expecting Bloo to be responsible for the overdue book. But holy smokes, it turned out to be the detective Khones...Jackie Khones! I was surprised. I really thought the parts with Jackie in the RC and Mac controlling it were brilliantly done. As PBL mentioned there was quite a bit of toilet humor there. 8D I also liked the disguises, especially of the Blockhead/Mac one! Man, this had quite the laughs here. This totally gives Season 6 a solid start! I'm happy to hear that this was a Darrick Bachman episode (which lately, he's gotten some criticism in the past few episodes), and this one is definitely on the upside!

Cassini90125
03-13-2008, 07:36 PM
I love Jackie.:P

My favorite part had to be when Jackie was hanging over the toilet and...um, yeah...what they thought he was really doing with the grunts and whatnot. Okay, so I admit it; I like a little toilet humor (haha, literally this time).

That was my favorite part as well. 8D

Lynnie
03-13-2008, 09:12 PM
That was pretty good. :bloosmirk: We can see better now that Jackie is arrogant and naive like Bloo, just in a different way. And it works. My favorite parts were the entire intro again (yay!), learning Mac's phone number, the entire scene with Wilt, Jackie driving around in a remote control car- controlled by Mac, Mac picking Jackie up by the head, Mac's hair all messy when he's hiding in the bushes, Jackie dressed as a book called "Private Lies" and Mac as a "Blockheads guide to Disguises" by Derek Bachman, Bloo crying and sobbing and hugging Mac, seeing Mac's handwriting (awww! :))

And also the quick cameo of Baby Paco. :smed: Even though he was getting hit by the remote control car.

Favorite quotes-
Jackie- What you talkin' about?

Song: He keeps his eye on the mayo! The bad guys always get K.O.ed!

Mac: Calm down.... Just breathe..... Just breathe!

Mac: Jackie! Are you alright?
Jackie: NO! I had my head in a toilet!

Jackie: You crazy, Bro?
Mac: Like a fox!

Wilt: I'm sorry to disappoint you but...

Bloo: I know! I never should have used your name! I should have used.... Frankie's!

Am I the only one who thinks they're starting to take Ed too far with crying? It's just getting a tad old. There were a few other little things that didn't make sense and might have lowered the quality of the eppie a bit for me, but I know I can analyze things too much, so I'm not going to make an issue out of them. Over all, I think it was a very enjoyable episode, it felt very "Fostery" to me. Now I hope we don't have to wait much longer for the rest of S6 to continue.

cartman414
03-13-2008, 09:18 PM
I wonder if Wilt is gonna start acting up against Jackie with all the hate Jackie has on him. (Though Wilt apparently really did pilfer those deviled eggs... did he?)

pitbulllady
03-14-2008, 02:22 AM
I wonder if Wilt is gonna start acting up against Jackie with all the hate Jackie has on him. (Though Wilt apparently really did pilfer those deviled eggs... did he?)

I don't know if Wilt stole the deviled eggs or not. I can't recall exactly HOW long ago Jackie said they'd been made, but it seemed to be some time ago, so if those WERE the same eggs...uh, yeah, they would definitely have gone "bad", big-time! Still, Wilt DID act guilty as charged, whereas he refused to accept blame for all the other things Jackie had apparently been accusing him of. It also certainly looked like Jackie is starting to get on the Wilt-Man's Last Good Nerve, too. That was a pretty cold shoulder Wilt was turning when he started up the stairs after being confronted by Jackie the first time, though when you think about it, the fact that this foot-tall green stick figure would try to push around a guy who's 10 feet tall is the ultimate example of a Napoleonic complex if I've ever heard of one!

Funniest line there, from Jackie: "Guy who says 'I'm sorry' THAT much HAS to have done SUMP'M!"

pitbulllady

WiltsAKGirl17
03-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Gah, I wish I could have seen this episode! *shakes fist* I am absol-freakin'-lutely DYING up here wanting to see it!

I don't know if Wilt stole the deviled eggs or not. I can't recall exactly HOW long ago Jackie said they'd been made, but it seemed to be some time ago, so if those WERE the same eggs...uh, yeah, they would definitely have gone "bad", big-time! Still, Wilt DID act guilty as charged, whereas he refused to accept blame for all the other things Jackie had apparently been accusing him of. It also certainly looked like Jackie is starting to get on the Wilt-Man's Last Good Nerve, too. That was a pretty cold shoulder Wilt was turning when he started up the stairs after being confronted by Jackie the first time, though when you think about it, the fact that this foot-tall green stick figure would try to push around a guy who's 10 feet tall is the ultimate example of a Napoleonic complex if I've ever heard of one!

Funniest line there, from Jackie: "Guy who says 'I'm sorry' THAT much HAS to have done SUMP'M!"

pitbulllady

Hmm... Wilt strikes me as being the deviled eggs type. (Which depresses me, as I hate deviled eggs. But I'm also quite weird. :jk: )

As to Jackie's opinion on Wilt's fixation on "I'm sorry"... Perhaps he should skim the Wilt thread? ;) Sorry, off-topic.

Sounds like S6 got off to a great start. Here's hoping that it keeps going! <Knock on wood> And that I'll be able to catch some of it.

Ditchy McAbandonpants
03-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Aww, man, I'm desperate to see this one, but I can't find it anywhere online. :'( Anybody got any leads? Sparky, did you manage to record this one for upload? It sucks being a poor British student with no access to cable sometimes...:frankiemad:

Sparky
03-15-2008, 05:12 PM
No I do not yet have this one on my computer. I was processing another job at the time so I could not capture it. I got it on tape so when I get time I will record it to my computer.

bloonuggets
03-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Take your time. We'll wait...

Ditchy McAbandonpants
03-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Thank you for the upload, Sparky! :) I probably wouldn't have been able to see either this or "Let Your Hare Down" for months if not for your generosity and diligence. You treat us lowlifes far better than we deserve, you know that? :cheesegrin:

As for the episode? Good stuff; one of the straight-out funniest episodes of Foster's for a good long while. :D

When first I heard about this episode's outline, I was what can best be described as cautiously optimistic. Jackie Khones has always been the funniest and most memorable of the second-tier characters, and his growing presence was one of the unmitigated successes of Season Five, but I was a touch wary about dedicating an entire episode to a single character, not least in the context of a full-length genre parody; the last time they attempted this was Season Five's "The Bloo Superdude and the Magic Potato of Power", an undoubtedly unique and imaginative effort, but one whose narrow character focus and atypical setting felt a little out of kilter with the show's established identity. The title and concept were strong enough to assure me that this episode would be at least witty, but after the unbalanced Season Five premiere "Cheese A Go-Go", I was keen for Season Six to kick off with something a slightly more grassroots Foster's experience.

That wasn't, in the end, what we got, but you'd have to be pretty churlish to resent it for that, given what a consistently funny, absurd and winningly daft story this turned out to be, and one which can legitimately be said to have broadened the show's horizons. Most of this, of course, can be credited to the hilarious, character-enhancing work the occasionally controversial Darrick Bachman does with our eponymous hero Jackie Khones. We all knew and loved Jackie already for his deadpan sardonicism and ridiculous voice (for his appearance), but aside from an occasionally referenced penchant for sandwiches, he wasn't that clearly defined; Bachman takes full advantage of that clean slate, fully fleshing out Jackie as a largely clueless yet defiantly self-obsessed and strutting would-be smooth operator, who seems to believe that a women's lavatory is an appropriate place to base a detective agency, and whose fondness for food seems in actuality to border on obsessive compulsion. This is, needless to say, really funny, and provides no end of laughs; his inattentiveness to Mac's dilemma, unjustified air of self-satisfaction and overblown driving montages were constantly amusing, whilst Wilt's line about his non-culpability in initiating World War I - a joke which I liked all the more for playing on our understanding of Wilt and Jackie's characters - was funny enough for me to have to pause for thirty seconds so I could finish laughing at it. 8D What's perhaps even better, though, is the fact that this episode has now provided the Season Six writers with another complete character to work with; Jackie is now a developed enough personality to warrant regular inclusion as a narrative and comedic driving force, rather than as the basic punchline character he was before. Here's hoping we'll see that potential fulfilled over the coming weeks. :jk:

Great though Mr Khones was, though, he wasn't the only success story here. As, er...mixed as the reception for "The Little Peas" was, I think we can all agree that no one will be forgetting Jackie's "interactions" with Fluffer Nutter any time soon; sure enough, his partner-in-crime returns here, and occasionally threatens to steal his show from beneath him. Fluffer's another character who's potentially well on her way to stardom; I had her pegged as a blandly cute background character until she revealed her underlying spikiness in "Schlock Star", and she's great here as Jackie's long-suffering PA (as has been pointed out, her "Yeah, he's...doin' somethin' else" line is brilliantly understated). With Madame Foster and Coco increasingly marginalised and Duchess and Goo essentially AWOL, an expanded role for such a great female character wouldn't go amiss right now...Mac and Bloo get a relatively small but significant look in, too, which helped in grounding the episode in familiarity; Mac was a little shrieky at times, but otherwise did his weary straight man thing to good effect, whilst Bloo had a very entertaining red herring cameo that actually had me fooled for a while. Oh, and Wilt? Deviled eggs. Enough said, really; man, I've missed Wilt. :D

Still, there were a couple of minor issues with the episode that are worth mentioning. Maybe it's because I was spoiled by "Let Your Hare Down", which seemed to bend over backwards to encompass every part of the Foster's experience, but "Library Crook", with its greatly reduced castlist, did occasionally feel like something was missing from it. To an extent, it's a harsh point to make, as this was always going to be a specialised episode, but for me it was a weakness across the whole of Season Five that certain characters were neglected or underused, robbing the show of some of its dimensions. With Season Six kicking off with an episode lacking even an appearance from Frankie, Coco, Madame Foster or Mr. Herriman, I feel it's natural to have a few reservations, though hopefully they'll prove to be unfounded. I've also got to concur with Lynnie that Eduardo, over the last year or so, feels as though he's been written into a corner somewhat; with the exception of his Season Five spotlight episode "Better Off Ed", it just seems like he's being painted with broader and broader brushstrokes, so he's starting to become more of a one-note hysterical man-child rather than the naively innocent creature he's supposed to be. Neither of these problems is beyond salvage, though, so I'll wait and see what happens. :smed:

Well, I got a little carried away with typing there, but I'm taking that as a good sign. Foster's is well and truly back on my radar again, and my thoughts, based on the evidence, are largely optimistic; if the last two episodes are anything to go by, the show is in the rudest health it's been in for some time, which bodes very well for the weeks to come.

Boo-yah, indeed. :jk::bloogrin:

taranchula
03-17-2008, 09:45 PM
It's rather hard to add ones thoughts about the subject at hand when most of my personal opinions about this episode, have already been echoed so articulately by the other members of this forum.

So I'll just say they had me at the Sunset Boulevard parody and didn't let go until the end of the Bulletesque car chase that capped off the episode.

So all in all another A1 effort from the cast and crew, and that as they say is that.

Medikor
03-18-2008, 09:27 AM
I just watched the episode and thought it was great. I haven't actually watched a Foster's episode in quite a while and it's great to see the writers creative juices were in full flow here.
Jackie was handled so well and I couldn't get enough of Fluffernutter as his sarcastic secretary. The show just came at you with some really great gags and lines ans just didn't let up. The part with Wilt saying he didn't assassinate Ferdinand had me rolling on the floor! I even fell for the trick ending when they caught the "culprit". All in all, a great episode and a great start to the sixth season.:D

antgirl1
03-18-2008, 05:15 PM
...A throw-away idea, but I think maybe Wilt made those new deviled eggs for Jackie so he'd get over the fact they went missing in the first place. :D

Why ELSE would he had been wearing that pink apron as he carried them?

Medikor
03-18-2008, 05:48 PM
That was my impression too.:D

Ub3rD4n
03-19-2008, 08:59 PM
The episode was about average for Fosters to me, which is a good thing. I'm not encouraging mediocracy or anything, but solid is solid, in my opinion. Good use of most Mac and Bloo in "wacky supporting character" roles, I do love it when these two take a back seat, just because they so often drive ALL the plots in this show. I was a wee bit wary, like most, about a whole episode devoted to Khones, a relatively unknown property, but, like most, were not let down. Like I said, solid. Jackie held up to his end of the bargain there, and I suppose Fluffer Nutter did, too, she was awesome. Few flat out great parts, I pretty much just loved the whole thing, especially the twist end which I really did not see coming (probably because Bloo was kinda obviously the shadowy guy, once you realised that he had no legs). So, as usual, I'm left saying "Yeah, what Ditchy said!"

Bloo2daMacs
03-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Another all-around awesome episode. Not the best, but still an awesome way to start off the new season. Jackie's theme song really got me. 8D

You know, I could really go for a sandwich right now...

bloonuggets
03-20-2008, 06:56 PM
You know, we also learned that if you want to pay in advance, do so.

Mulch
03-21-2008, 06:40 AM
I kept on laughing throughout this ep, and it looks like this season's gonna be a blast. It was a nice way to start the season (much unlike that cheap CN Invaded thing) but there were some plot elements that I didn't like. I saw the ending coming from Act 2 and the way nothing really got resolved bugged me. Guess you should watch it more for the parody aspect of it than the plot. Ah, well.

I give it a 7/10.

And a round of applause to Sparky, who so kindly uploads these episodes for us who live outside the US!

cartman414
03-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Just saw the ending to this episode. Awesome Sunset Boulevard homage. Jackie's infernal smirk was too much as well. If he thinks he'll get away with it just for "up-front" payment, I think he's gonna get it worse in the end than he did from Mac.

bloonuggets
03-25-2008, 09:11 AM
And in the other parody stuff, Jackie was trying to be hard boiled, but it turns out hew was more, dare I say, soft?

Mac-a-lacka
05-01-2008, 08:43 PM
If Mac is "too young to go to prison" did he forget where he was twice in two episodes that came before this one?8D

taranchula
05-02-2008, 05:40 AM
If Mac is "too young to go to prison" did he forget where he was twice in two episodes that came before this one?8D

Actually no, he wasn't in fact in "prison" (In the literal sense) at all those two times, he was just kept in a police holding cell. Prison is where you go after you are formally convicted of a major crime in a court of law, and that did not in fact happen in those two episodes.

For example in My So Called Wife, the police keeping Mac, Bloo and the other tresspassers at the station overnight was only used as a scare tactic and no formal charges were laid, it's also safe to assume no formal charges were laid in the other instances Mac took a trip to the station as well. As there was no mention of such an instance.

Mac-a-lacka
05-02-2008, 06:25 AM
Actually no, he wasn't in fact in "prison" (In the literal sense) at all those two times, he was just kept in a police holding cell. Prison is where you go after you are formally convicted of a major crime in a court of law, and that did not in fact happen in those two episodes.

For example in My So Called Wife, the police keeping Mac, Bloo and the other tresspassers at the station overnight was only used as a scare tactic and no formal charges were laid, it's also safe to assume no formal charges were laid in the other instances Mac took a trip to the station as well. As there was no mention of such an instance.

The second time, Mac never really did anything.:P

fosters home fan
05-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Well, I FINALLY saw this episode. It was quite funny. :D I'll give this episode 9/10 stars. Great episode. :jk:

Mac-a-lacka
05-06-2008, 01:05 PM
I've been wondering, has anyone seen the end credit sequence for this episode yet?

Frankie_4_Prez
05-06-2008, 05:34 PM
I may be totally wrong, but I think it showed JK riding on the RC car the whole time.

bloonuggets
05-18-2008, 03:31 PM
"I've been wondering, has anyone seen the end credit sequence for this episode yet?"

yes I did. It's that "Keep His Eyes On The Mayo" theme to a clip montage.

BluebottleFlyer
05-20-2008, 01:34 AM
Caught this episode yesterday, and it was a good'un.:D
I loved the whole running gag with Jackie's sandwich obsession, and the little green dude's absolute dryness. I love dry humour.:) Great nod to all those 70's detective shows, too. Jackie's fee reminded me of "The Rockford Files". And of course, the mayo song, lol.
Poor Mac, freaking out at the sight of librarians, lol. My first thought was that Bloo was the culprit, but I did have that doubt in my mind that it was too obvious. As soon as he said "DVD" I knew something was up, lol. Mac's face, at that point, was priceless. As was Jackie's last line.:D

Great stuff, all round.:)

jekylljuice
05-20-2008, 05:53 AM
I wonder how (or, perhaps more appropriately, if) Mac was finally able to resolve his issues with the library? Sure, he could return the missing book - though I did notice that he appeared to leave it lying there as he walked away from the pool at the end (gotta say, I liked how Mac was able to show restraint and resist whopping Jackie with that book, presumably in the interests of not damaging it further) - but as he said, who knows how much money he was now in debt for? And that's side-stepping the added issue of the financial damage inflicted by Bloo's DVD club subscription. As for the extreme extent in which those librarians stalked him - are we to take that at face value, or possibly as a product of Mac's overactive paranoia? Well, maybe.

I enjoyed this episode. As others have pointed out, it's a bit atypical for Foster's, but in a fresh and interesting way, and I will further echo the general feeling that, as culprits go, Bloo would have been just a bit too obvious, so it's extremely pleasing that they were not only able to resist that pitfall, but use it as the basis of an awesome little gag at the expense of our own expectations. Highlights for me included Mac, Jackie and that RC car, Fluffer Nutter's contributions, and, last but certainly not least, Wilt, the darling devilled egg thief. That final nervous apology of his made me crack up so hard. It's really good to have the old Wilt back again. :D

taranchula
05-20-2008, 09:30 AM
I wonder how (or, perhaps more appropriately, if) Mac was finally able to resolve his issues with the library? Sure, he could return the missing book - though I did notice that he appeared to leave it lying there as he walked away from the pool at the end (gotta say, I liked how Mac was able to show restraint and resist whopping Jackie with that book, presumably in the interests of not damaging it further) - but as he said, who knows how much money he was now in debt for? And that's side-stepping the added issue of the financial damage inflicted by Bloo's DVD club subscription.

Um we'll just assume that after the events of this episode, Mac went to Eduardo and asked the purple one to use his vast accumulated wealth (See The Buck Swaps Here, to get that reference.) to pay off all of Mac's debts.

Far fetched, yes?

But it's a lot better then just saying "It was a wizard, who fixed everything with magic" and move on.

Mew
07-15-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm a bit late on commenting on this episode, so I can't say much that's been said before.

It was classic xD. More Jackie Khones x Fluffernutter hints.. mm. Still have mixed feelings on that shipping, though it doesn't bother me much. Is it just me, or are they /always/ together after The Little Peas? Think about it.. but then, I think that just because the people in my two favourite Pokemon shippings /look/ at each other, it's a '-shipping hint', so you have to take my opinion with a grain of salt, lol.
And I second the shacking up comment.

EDIT: Oops, double post! x____x Sorry about that.

Another Castle
11-05-2009, 09:05 AM
I wonder how (or, perhaps more appropriately, if) Mac was finally able to resolve his issues with the library? Sure, he could return the missing book - though I did notice that he appeared to leave it lying there as he walked away from the pool at the end (gotta say, I liked how Mac was able to show restraint and resist whopping Jackie with that book, presumably in the interests of not damaging it further) - but as he said, who knows how much money he was now in debt for? And that's side-stepping the added issue of the financial damage inflicted by Bloo's DVD club subscription. As for the extreme extent in which those librarians stalked him - are we to take that at face value, or possibly as a product of Mac's overactive paranoia? Well, maybe.

I've not yet seen The Buck Swaps Here (but it still sounds like a good theory), so I was thinking he'd ask Coco to lay some money for him. Also, wasn't that book soaked cover to cover? He'd also have to pay the library for a replacement copy.
As for your last question, maybe you could interpret it as a combination of the two. Remember, Mac has very strong morals and considers jumping on a bed to be really naughty, so maybe believes you can go to prison for not returning a library book. On the other hand, it could just be different rules in this cartoon universe.

I enjoyed this episode, but I haven't seen it in a while-maybe I'll watch it again before reviewing it

KazooBloo
12-04-2016, 02:14 PM
I loved in the big reveal Jackie had the book all along. I can't think of a better interaction that Jackie and Mac had.