PDA

View Full Version : Eppie 3/6/08- "Let Your Hare Down"

Lynnie
02-27-2008, 08:17 PM
No synopsis yet that I can find, but it's both at the CN sight and listed on my Comcast and TiVo cable listings. I can't help but think it has something to do with Herriman though.

According to TiVo-
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
"Let Your Hare Down" (2008)

This episode will be recorded

Thur 3/6 8:30 pm 42 TOON
Duration 0.32
Rated TV-Y7

Hmm, 32 minutes, eh? What's that about I wonder?

And strait from CN
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa1/Lynnie_Lyn/NewEppie.jpg

So, I'm guessing this is the start of Season 6? Two months earlier than what was formerly expected! Boo-yah! :bloogrin:

edit: I think the "32" minutes is just my own personal settings, since I have my DVR set to start recording a minute earlier than it starts and stop a minute after it ends, so disregard that statement, heh.

One Radical Dude
02-27-2008, 08:30 PM
I think the 32 minutes is an error on TiVo's part; but I can believe the rest of it. I didn't anticipate something new this early in the game (was expecting it to air a month or so later than that at the earliest); however, this is definitely fantastic news!

bloonuggets
02-27-2008, 10:05 PM
From the listing on TVGuide.com, it says: (FAIR WARNING: Spoiler alert!)

"A plan to mellow out Mr. Herriman backfires when conditions at the house deteriorate."

jekylljuice
02-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Cool! So is this officially the start of Season Six, or is it a left-over episode from Season Five? Or is there no real way of telling?

Ridureyu
02-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Well, since we have no concrete info to go on, we might as well start with wild speculation and see what people take as fact.

SNAPE KILLS HERRIMAN

jekylljuice
02-28-2008, 12:18 AM
Well, since we have no concrete info to go on, we might as well start with wild speculation and see what people take as fact.

SNAPE KILLS HERRIMAN

Severus Snape? Never! He's my pal. :cheese:

Shelltoon
02-28-2008, 04:01 AM
Why do I get the feeling that a certain Miss Francis is behind this? :-*

bloonuggets
02-28-2008, 06:03 AM
Shouldn't this be discussed with the spoiler tagging?

Just a thought.

jekylljuice
02-28-2008, 06:40 AM
Shouldn't this be discussed with the spoiler tagging?

Just a thought.

I can't see why. It's not like we're actually discussing what we know for sure will happen in the episode. It's just a bit of innocent speculation - in the case of Snape's involvement, wild and irrational to boot.

Imaginary Light
02-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Wow. This was unexpected. But a good unexpected, because now I'm excited for a new eppy :bloogrin:

Anyway, I'm going with the Snape kills Herriman idea :P

Cassini90125
02-28-2008, 07:00 AM
SNAPE KILLS HERRIMAN

Severus Snape? Never! He's my pal. :cheese:

Anyway, I'm going with the Snape kills Herriman idea :P

Hmm... Herriman Sim + Snape Sim + Jekylljuice Sim... Bet I could get a Foster's Valley story out of this. 8D

Anyway, I'm liking the idea of Mr. Herriman getting the spotlight, as he's been one of my favorite characters since the show began. As for spoiler tags, they won't be needed until details of the episode are available; in the meantime, let us indulge ourselves. :cheesegrin:

taranchula
02-28-2008, 07:38 AM
Speculation should not be taken as fact (IE what could happen as opposed to what will happen: Especially when you consider that most of the speculation thus far is dealing with something so out of left field as that Harry Potter reference, which as funny as might seem is not going to happen)...so therefore no need for spoiler tags

And BTW you don't really need to put spoiler tags on a synopsis, after all one liners are designed for the purpose of telling people about the episode with out giving away the whole plot.

If there exisits a more detailed out line that fills in EVERYTHING, and someone wishes to post it here, then it would be time to break out the spoiler tags. (But at this juncture only people who have either A seen the episode ahead of time or B worked on the episode would have access to that information. So ipso facto don't expect that information, until showtime.)

This has been another installment of the adventures of Captain Obvious: A T-Martin Production. (I would have went Obviousman, but that name has already been taken by Wiley the guy who draws the comic stirp "Non Sequitor")

jekylljuice
02-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Hmm... Herriman Sim + Snape Sim + Jekylljuice Sim... Bet I could get a Foster's Valley story out of this. 8D

I'm kind of hopeful that I'll run into Severus Snape eventually. After all, he's my favourite Harry Potter character, so I'd be interested to see how well we'd actually get along in our Sim forms. :bloogrin:

Ccook50
02-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Shouldn't be the start of season six, as this episode would mark show no. 58 (if you don't count Good Wilt Hunting, which was a long-form special).

Ub3rD4n
02-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Yay! I've set my calender! The sixth month is Fosters Month!

pitbulllady
02-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Cool! So is this officially the start of Season Six, or is it a left-over episode from Season Five? Or is there no real way of telling?

That's what I'm wondering. If I counted right, this should be the last episode of Season Five, since Season Five has so far had one less episode than previous seasons. Also, on his DA site, Craig very recently said that they'd JUST STARTED animating Season Six, so next week would seem awfully quick to get the first episode out. If the network announces that it's the start of a brand-new season of Foster's, as opposed to simply announcing it as a brand-new EPISODE, or if one of the show's creators states that this "Let Your Hare Down" is a season-opener, I guess that'll answer that question, but until then, I'm leaning towards it being the last of Season Five.

pitbulllady

taranchula
02-28-2008, 12:36 PM
All the evidence presented thus far makes this sounds like a (for lack of a better term) a holdover episode to me.

Which is not uncommon, CN was more then likely saving it so they have something to tide the fans over until the Season Six episodes kick off in the late spring. (Assuming the scheduling is going to be like it was the past two years. Start showing the new episodes in late Spring and finish up in mid-late Fall.)

Given that the average turn around time to complete an episode is about a little over three months*, then once again we are safe to assume this time frame makes sense.

(Correct if I am wrong on that, but I am pretty sure Lauren did say it was about three months.)

fosters-fan
02-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Not to mention the new episode airs on March 6th. That's the same day as my birthday! :D

taranchula
02-28-2008, 06:35 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Taranchula/objection.gif

Yeah, dude you already mentioned that. In another thread.

Do try to keep down on the cross posting K?

(Btw, that other post has been deleted.)

Ridureyu
02-29-2008, 02:56 AM
I heard somewhere that Mr. Herriman and Doomsday get in a citywide battle across Metropolis, and both die when they punch each other simultaneously.

Or that Mr. Herriman throws the emperor into a pit, and dies of electric shock.

Or maybe Mr. Herriman dies in every episode, and the other characters shout a catch phrase when he does!

Ditchy McAbandonpants
02-29-2008, 05:10 AM
A new episode? That's cause for some celebration, so I just thought I would - for five minutes, at least - free myself from my ongoing dissertation hell to chime in with a hearty "YAY!" :D I am, to be honest, more inclined to regard this as the Season Five finale, rather than the Season Six opener (mostly because it's kind of snuck up without much fanfare), but hey, new is new, and we haven't had much of that in a while. Hopefully, I'll be able to get hold of the episode online after it airs, and share my thoughts on it then. Assuming I haven't taken my own life by that point, at least. :weirded:

Medikor
02-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Well this is a very pleasant surprise. A new episode is always welcome, as far I'm concerned. And it's nice to see that it sounds like Mr. Funny Bunny himself is getting another episode to call his own.:D

emperor26
02-29-2008, 09:03 AM
It's been a long time since there has been a new Foster's episode.

Hopefully, this is much better than "The Little Pea".

BluebottleFlyer
03-01-2008, 02:37 AM
That's great news. I'd like to think the episode will be as good as the title (and it's a very good title).

bloonuggets
03-01-2008, 09:38 AM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/Taranchula/objection.gif

I knew someone would make a Phoenix Wright reference on these boards!

Lynnie
03-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Have we decided for sure whether this is the last of S5 or the start of S6? Could someone perhaps (respectfully and nicely) ask Craig at DA? It would be nice to be sure what's going on. ;)

Don't get all excited yet, but both TVGuide.com and Zap2It are listing another Foster's episode to be aired during the "New Thursday" block on the 13th, too. Neither has an episode title listed yet though, and neither has the "new" tag under it. So it may very easily change.

Sparky
03-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Have we decided for sure whether this is the last of S5 or the start of S6? Could someone perhaps (respectfully and nicely) ask Craig at DA? It would be nice to be sure what's going on. ;)

(Psst, I think you'd get a quicker response from Lauren if anyone does want to try it.)

Foster's Geek 287
03-02-2008, 01:52 PM
It's gotta be season 5. Think about it. We've had:

Cheese a Go-Go
The Buck Swaps There
Say It Isn't Sew
Something Old, Something Bloo
The Bloo Superdude and the Magic Potato of Power
Schlock Star
The Bride to Beat
Affair Weather Friends
Ticket to Rod
Better Off Ed
The Little Peas

That's 11 episodes, not counting "Nightmare on Wilson Way", which is the Halloween special and doesn't count for the season. (Like "A Lost Claus")

The seasons all have 13 episodes.
OK, if you want to get technical, you can argue that "House of Bloo's" & "Good Wilt Hunting" only count as one and the episodes with two 25-minute segments count as two.

So, in that case, it'd look like this:
Season 1: 11
Season 2: 15
Season 3: 13 (or 14 counting "A Lost Claus")
Season 4: 12
Season 5: 11 (So far; or 12 counting "Nightmare on Wilson Way")

But I digress. Every season has 13 30-minute episodes, whether they be longer or shorter. "A Lost Claus" & "Nightmare on Wilson Way" do not count.

So. 2 more episodes. Yes, I think "Let Your Hare Down" is season 5, then 1 more.

Shelltoon
03-02-2008, 02:11 PM
This is my method: wait for it on iTunes, it will either be a Season 5 download, or a Season 6 download.

Cassini90125
03-02-2008, 02:19 PM
It's gotta be season 5. Think about it. We've had:

Cheese a Go-Go
The Buck Swaps There
Say It Isn't Sew
Something Old, Something Bloo
The Bloo Superdude and the Magic Potato of Power
Schlock Star
The Bride to Beat
Affair Weather Friends
Ticket to Rod
Better Off Ed
The Little Peas

That's 11 episodes, not counting "Nightmare on Wilson Way", which is the Halloween special and doesn't count for the season. (Like "A Lost Claus")

The seasons all have 13 episodes.
OK, if you want to get technical, you can argue that "House of Bloo's" & "Good Wilt Hunting" only count as one and the episodes with two 25-minute segments count as two.

So, in that case, it'd look like this:
Season 1: 11
Season 2: 15
Season 3: 13 (or 14 counting "A Lost Claus")
Season 4: 12
Season 5: 11 (So far; or 12 counting "Nightmare on Wilson Way")

But I digress. Every season has 13 30-minute episodes, whether they be longer or shorter. "A Lost Claus" & "Nightmare on Wilson Way" do not count.

So. 2 more episodes. Yes, I think "Let Your Hare Down" is season 5, then 1 more.

Good analysis. I'm inclined to agree with you. :)

cartman414
03-02-2008, 05:26 PM
All the evidence presented thus far makes this sounds like a (for lack of a better term) a holdover episode to me.

Which is not uncommon, CN was more then likely saving it so they have something to tide the fans over until the Season Six episodes kick off in the late spring. (Assuming the scheduling is going to be like it was the past two years. Start showing the new episodes in late Spring and finish up in mid-late Fall.)

Given that the average turn around time to complete an episode is about a little over three months*, then once again we are safe to assume this time frame makes sense.

(Correct if I am wrong on that, but I am pretty sure Lauren did say it was about three months.)

Three months, huh? I wondered about the turnaround times myself.

Anyways, I'm not too surprised they'd do an episode with this premise. Hope it's a good one.

Match Stick
03-04-2008, 12:12 AM
This is my method: wait for it on iTunes, it will either be a Season 5 download, or a Season 6 download.
lol..that's what i'd do too...
nice to hear there's gonna be a new eppy..rather long time since the last new one. especially as this on is gonna be about Mr. Herriman!

antgirl1
03-06-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm off to the chatroom for the new eppie. Anyone can join me. :D

Sparky
03-06-2008, 02:30 PM
As it's only 3:30 here I guess I have to avoid this topic now for 5 and a half hours. :P

Ridureyu
03-06-2008, 05:00 PM
Well, all spoilerized:

This insight into Frankie's dreams is likely to affect a loooooot of the forumgoers here.

Coco wears clothing?

Madame Foster feeding Eduardo was a precious example of how much she loves IFs.

Poor stereotypical Japanese family. They'll just have to make do with Japanese-speaking Bloo clone.

Coco once again suggests something horrible. Given the context, it probably isn't murder this time. Kidnapping? Brainwashing?

BLOO SUCCEEDED WITH A PADDLEBALL! HE- aw, dangit.

Zogbo?

The best way to get somebody to have fun is to threaten their well-being if they do not enjoy themselves.

I love how Mr. Herriman TP's a house.

Just WHAT were they doing in Tijuana?

I guess Bloo shouldn't have harrassed those Cuckoos in Kakariko Village.

I really like the friendship that Bloo and Mr. Herriman demonstrate from time to time, and... um, is it just me, or does Herriman behave like he's on controlled substances? Drum circle. Yep. Hippy Herriman.

She's dreaming again, and... wow. Forum people are in the room, and... I'm joking. Joking!

Eduardo's metabolism is awesome.

How many people besides Bloo have been streaking?

Calvinball Herriball sure seems like fun.

I want a musclebound Ben Franklin action figure. And a George Washington with grenade-throwing action.

Strange how Frankie's "What was I thinking?" syncs up with Bloo's lips.

Coco with a baseball bat scares me.

Not Canadian dollars?

Bloo just gave a version of Timothy Leary's drug anthem, "Turn on, tune in, drop out." I don't think the intended audience will necessarily pick up on it, but... wow.

And so, Herriman finds ways to still have fun in spite of the rules.

Overall? I enjoyed it!

Shelltoon
03-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Yes, this may be Rob Renzetti's first episode, but he had a spectacular debut! Great way to kick off the new season.

antgirl1
03-06-2008, 05:03 PM
10/10. Really.

Now for my favorite quotes.

"Chew chew chew."

"I'm sorry...I'm sure this is my fault somehow."
ROFL No it's not Wilt. XD

"YOU! Say your sorry!"
"Sorry! I mean, sorry! Sorry, was that okay; sorry?!"
When it comes to "sorrying", Wilt HAS NOT changed a bit. That's good. :D

"If you can't beat them, join them...THAT'S IT!"
*Coco holds a bat*
*Everyone* "NO! SHE SAID "JOIN"! SHE SAID "JOIN"!"

You can see his feet again. FINALLY. :D

Cassini90125
03-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Highly enjoyable! I'll give it an "A". :frankiesmile:

10/10. Really.

Now for my favorite quotes.

"Chew chew chew."

"I'm sorry...I'm sure this is my fault somehow."
ROFL No it's not Wilt. XD

"YOU! Say your sorry!"
"Sorry! I mean, sorry! Sorry, was that okay; sorry?!"
When it comes to "sorrying", Wilt HAS NOT changed a bit. That's good. :D

You can see his feet again. FINALLY. :D

Exceptional view of Frankie's, too... if that's what you're into. :bloocross:

bloonuggets
03-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Credit Rob Renzetti, the creator of a little toon called My Life As A Teenage Robot for a great episode.

pitbulllady
03-06-2008, 05:22 PM
I CANNOT BELIEVE I MISSED THIS EPISODE!!

Sorry for the "shouting"; I'm a bit upset with myself at the moment.

To show you how badly my work schedule, not to mention having NO internet access for most of the day, has screwed up my sense of timing, I thought that the 6th of March was FRIDAY, which would be tomorrow!

Anyone know when this airs again?

Hopefully, Wilt has a bigger and better role this time, and from what little I can gather so far, it seems like I missed a really good episode. I made a point of watching "The Little Peas", first-run, and miss a GOOD episode.

pitbulllady

antgirl1
03-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Hopefully, Wilt has a bigger and better role this time, and from what little I can gather so far, it seems like I missed a really good episode.

He does. He played the martyr, swam in the pool, feet showed, (although changed to more human like feet) said "sorry" about five times or so, had lines, appearances, and more, I think. :D

Foster's Geek 287
03-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Such a great episode! I loved the "Calvin & Hobbes" reference and the "drug anthem". LOL, keep 'em coming!

fosters-fan
03-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Drug anthem? Don't try giving too much away since I haven't watched it yet, but whaddya mean?

Plus, did Eduardo get a decent amount of screen time, like at least MORE than ten seconds, let alone more than one minute? :)

Ridureyu
03-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Drug anthem? Don't try giving too much away since I haven't watched it yet, but whaddya mean?

Plus, did Eduardo get a decent amount of screen time, like at least MORE than ten seconds, let alone more than one minute? :)

Look at my post. I spoiler-blocked a lot of stuff.

Nyo
03-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Review time. :smed:

OK...I'll be honest...this, imo, is another "make as much noise as possible" episode. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was good, but...yeah. Just a little lacking. :macwor: (Althought the scene when Bloo was dressed up as a fiesta girl and winked at the auidence made me LMAO so hard.) Nice to see Wilt have more screen time.

Harry icons plz. :herriman:

Imaginary Light
03-06-2008, 05:55 PM
When they were all watching that show on TV (I don't remember what it was called...Misplaced?), I was all, "OMG! OMG! IT'S LOST! NO WAAAIII YAAY!"

Overall, I enjoyed the episode. Herriman as a hippy was...well, amusing :P

Cassini90125
03-06-2008, 06:06 PM
When they were all watching that show on TV (I don't remember what it was called...Misplaced?), I was all, "OMG! OMG! IT'S LOST! NO WAAAIII YAAY!"

It was indeed called Misplaced. I don't watch Lost but even I caught the referrence. 8D

Review time. :smed:

OK...I'll be honest...this, imo, is another "make as much noise as possible" episode. Don't get me wrong, I thought it was good, but...yeah. Just a little lacking. :macwor: (Althought the scene when Bloo was dressed up as a fiesta girl and winked at the auidence made me LMAO so hard.) Nice to see Wilt have more screen time.

It was a little "noisey", I suppose, but still fun. Spending a day with Bloo strikes me as being both entertaining and exhausting. What did he do down in Tijuana, anyway? 8D

Obsessive Frankie Fanboy Note - Our lady is clearly depicted as having only four toes per foot in this episode, same as in Mac Daddy. In all the other episodes where her feet are visible, she has five. Oh, and we get to see the green bathrobe from Busted again. And her nightgown.

Um, okay, I'm done. :frankiesmile: :bloocross:

Kootiebirdo
03-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Well... I thought that tonights episode was pretty decent. Of course, it wasn't even close to the "heavy hitters" from which I've seen in previous seasons but in it's own way, a nice bit of filler until the (hopefully) better episodes come along.

It was kinda nice however seeing Wilt barefoot again if only for a brief second.
What can I say? I like his feet! :D

WiltFan
03-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Oh wow, just got done watching it. I LOVED it. XD
10/10 :D

Sparky
03-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Obsessive Frankie Fanboy Note - Our lady is clearly depicted as having only four toes per foot in this episode, same as in Mac Daddy. In all the other episodes where her feet are visible, she has five.

That's not necessarily just a "Frankie" thing, as it says something about inconsistencies in how the animators draw humans in this world in general. ;)

I liked this episode, I think it was much more "Foster's-like" than some of the previous ones (although I realise that no matter how we may feel about any episode, it's still Foster's). I hope to have it uploaded soon, the desktop computer's processing the file so I can edit it right now.

iceberg210
03-06-2008, 08:29 PM
The Timothy Leary Drug reference had me rolling on the floor (literally I'm not kidding). Only a select few will get it but those who do won't stop laughing for some time. I thought it was an excellent episode and I hope they keep going with this show. CN has a tendency to get as much as they thought they would get and then shut the show down instead of trying to let it run its course. But the only way they'll listen is by money. So keep watching and getting others to watch Foster's!!!!

Lynnie
03-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Man, sometimes it's tough being on the West coast. We're the last to see anything new. I haven't read the latest posts in this thread yet to be sure I didn't ruin it for myself. But now I've watched it twice, so I can elaborate. :clap:

I really enjoyed this one! If it is indeed the last eppie of S5, this one sends it off much better than TLP would have. My favorite part had to be Bloo "streaking". Oh, goofy silly little Blooregard. And we see Wilt wearing swim trunks! And then his eye stalk moving through the water, lol! And Jackie eating ham with peanut butter. Oh yeah, and a good look at the soles of Mac's shoes. It was fun to see Mr. H as irresponsible as he was. Although I still wish he'd let loose a bit without losing all sense of responsibility and class. It doesn't have to be either one extreme or the other. Eh, but it was still great.

The one "dumb" part I rolled my eyes at was when Frankie popped out from inside the piano. What was that about??

My favorite lines have got to be Wilt saying "I'm sorry, this has got to be my fault somehow." Heh, classic Wilt. We love you buddy! :D I also loved it when Frankie says "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!" And Coco pulls out a baseball bat, ready and eager to "beat" him and everyone jumps in and says "No, 'join'! 'JOIN'!" And in the end, Bloo says "Remember Harry, man! Not Herri-man!" Yeah, that was great. :up:

CrazyPhil
03-06-2008, 09:07 PM

Well, the last episode made before this was "The Little Peas" back in November, and that's been about 4 months now, so isn't it about time for Season Six to start airing, going by that timeframe? IIRC, 4 months is about the time gap between Season Five's Spring and Fall showings last year, maybe a little longer. But I could be wrong, because S5 had the last fourth of their episode showings spread out over 3 months, so maybe it is still S5.

Anyway, as for the episode, I thought it was a great addition to whichever season it's from, and I thought Herriman's idea of "loosening up" was hilarious and something I've been kinda hoping to see for awhile, Herriman really cutting loose. And did anyone else think Dr. Seuss when they saw that hat he was wearing?

Another pleasant thing I noticed was that this episode had the complete intro, nothing was cut this time.

pitbulllady
03-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Does anyone know when this episode will air again, by the way? I MUST see it, if for no other reason than to see Wilt's bare feet again(yeah, I live his "monkey feet", too)! It sounds like everyone has a role in this one, which is a good thing after so many episodes that totally left out many of the characters.

pitbulllady

One Radical Dude
03-06-2008, 09:39 PM
What can I say? This definitely beats the disappointing TLP (the previous episode). I really enjoyed seen Herriman...I mean, Herry, I mean...uh..loosening up for once and having fun! :herriman: About time, Funny Bunny. Whether it's the actual season ender for Season Five or the intro to the Sixth, this was a brilliantly-written episode by Rob Renzetti. :)

Howard
03-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Don't know about the rest of you all, I thought this episode was fun. For the first time in a LONG time, this is one Foster's episode I really enjoyed! Everyone was in it, and I really thought Frankie was cute with her Rod Tango dreams (I wish I was Rod Tango). Herriman swinging (that is a pun) to the other extreme was refreshing, and I can really see what he is capable of doing when he does let his 'hare' down. I always thought he was a long 'hare' at heart, or definitely a hoppy hippie...okay, I will shut-up now!:frankiesmile:

Lynnie
03-06-2008, 10:08 PM
PBL, according to the CN listings, it will air again Sunday (the 9th) at 7:30 pm, and again a week from Friday (the 14th) at 10:30 pm. :D

No one's said anything about this yet, but did anyone else see the ad after George of the Jungle for the Foster's eppie next week? TVGuide.com, Zap2It and even CN still don't have a title listed, but the ad on TV I think verifies it will indeed be a new episode. And it looks like it will be the one centered around Jackie that was mentioned at the Con last year. :bloosmirk:

girl_named_goo
03-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Hey y'all!

Craig wants me to tell you that this ep is the last of Season 5, not the beginning of Season 6.

(I actually haven't seen this finished episode yet:o)

-lauren

Lynnie
03-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Awesome, thank you Lauren! :)

That debate is now put to rest. :bloosmirk:

One Radical Dude
03-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Hey y'all!

Craig wants me to tell you that this ep is the last of Season 5, not the beginning of Season 6.

(I actually haven't seen this finished episode yet:o)

-lauren

Hey, Lauren!

I thought so (about this being a Season 5 episode). You haven't seen it? :wiltshock: You should check it out!

girl_named_goo
03-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey, Lauren!

I thought so (about this being a Season 5 episode). You haven't seen it? :wiltshock: You should check it out!

Yeah it's totally dumb and weird I haven't. I gotta catch the re-run.

Shelltoon
03-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Now how long until they put this episode out on iTunes?? I've been waiting like forever

Sparky
03-06-2008, 11:12 PM

Any way you can describe the end credit gag for us, since CN never lets us see those anymore? :P

By the way the upload is taking FOREVER, I dunno if it's my connection or Megaupload or what; so I'm going to let it run overnight. I gotta go to bed.

Xroc88
03-06-2008, 11:39 PM

Ohhh-Emmm-Geee!!

Its lauren

bloonuggets
03-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Welcome back, Mrs. McCracken! Glad to see you here again.

jekylljuice
03-07-2008, 01:07 AM
Hey y'all!

Cool. Thanks for verifying that for us, Lauren. :goo:

My favorite lines have got to be Wilt saying "I'm sorry, this has got to be my fault somehow." Heh, classic Wilt. We love you buddy! :D

Hurray! That's the Wilt I fell in love with. :D

bloonuggets
03-07-2008, 02:38 AM
BTW, the March 20th airing is a repeat of "Nightmare on Wilson Way" in 2-D. TVGuide.com said so.

So next week...???

One Radical Dude
03-07-2008, 02:53 AM
BTW, the March 20th airing is a repeat of "Nightmare on Wilson Way" in 2-D. TVGuide.com said so.

So next week...???

Stay tuned. We may know something soon. Either the start of Season 6, or an episode from Seasons 1-5.

emperor26
03-07-2008, 03:54 AM
This episode was not only good, but this was much better than the Little Pea.

Also, who knew that Renzetti did a fine job as a script writer?

Either way, this episode give a good closure to this season.

Bloo2daMacs
03-07-2008, 07:51 AM
For some reason, I had a feeling various Frankie fans would get upset about this episode, but it appears as though everyone liked it! Including myself!

Finally, a down-right decent episode. Certainly not the best, but still hilarious! The sequence of what Bloo does with Herriman, now that was downright funny.

On a side note, when Herriman goes "skinny-dipping", I was wondering where the heck that pair of underpants came from. 8D

"Bloo, what are you doing?"
"I'm streaking!"

Classic.

Xroc88
03-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Does frankie have enough screentime?

Cassini90125
03-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Does frankie have enough screentime?

Depends on how you define "enough". I would have liked more, of course, but that's just me being me. I was satisfied with the amount of time that she got, plus her on-screen time was quality material that was interesting to watch. Sounds like a "win" in my book. :frankiesmile:

koosie
03-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Wow! So much to like about that episode. Some great visuals (like the delightful Senorita Bloo) and great lines like:

"I did make him up but what's that got to do with it?" from Madame Foster and whatever illegal things Coco was suggesting. Little things like Coc singing in the shower were brill too and was that a 'leisure rumpus' Herriman had scheduled between 4.15 and 4.18?

And finally equilibrium is restored and everyone's happy. The best fun thing is always the thing you do very well.

:herriman::herriman::herriman::herriman:

bloonuggets
03-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Anyone notice BTW the full opening returned?

Cassini90125
03-07-2008, 07:41 PM
I did notice that, actually. I'm wondering if it's a fluke or a permanent change.

taranchula
03-07-2008, 09:02 PM
And so it came to pass that a new episode of our favorite program had graced our airwaves, and there was much rejoicing.... Yay

And so it came to pass that a commoner from the frozen lands of the North gazed upon said episode and gave his thoughts about what he had witnessed.

To sum it all up I would have to say this was another prime example of what Foster's has been able to do well ever since it's inception, take a simple concept and run with it all the way to the end zone. Another all round A-1 effort from the cast and crew if you will.

Now we end this post with some Random Musings:

Did anyone else flashback to the Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, during that scene when Bloo was attacked by those chickens? Because I certainly did. (Those who have played the game, will know what I mean.)

That's right Coco, Baseball bat related violence IS the answer to everything, don't let em tell you otherwise. :p

Bloo much like Krusty the Klown, knows that Tijuana is in fact the real happiest place on Earth.

Herriman has the power of "Reverse Pyrokinesis", don't that beat all.

Ah they finally got a chance to do some hippy jokes, something they've been chomping at the bit to do since day one.

Subzeroace
03-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I LOVED this episode! (Thanks to Sparky for uploading!) And as a LOST fan that LOST parody the gang was watching near the beginning was beautiful! Darn you Herriman, we were about to find out all the secrets!

Sparky
03-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Whoever said that Peas was wrapped in bandages...I'm doing the screencaps now and I don't think it's Peas. It's some kind of mummy, he's even got a little Pharaoh's hat. I took a cap of it. Other than that it does resemble Peas in body shape and possibly size, though he may be bigger.

Ub3rD4n
03-08-2008, 02:27 AM
Not much that hasn't already been said. The Frankie -dreams were both humanising and funny, though I found myself being a little embarassed on her behalf! Also, this episode has just the right amount of everyone in it, especially Bloo, using him as he is best used. He just kinda irks me as a main character sometimes, and it's nice to see him very much there, but on the sidelines. Oh, and there was Coco! And she was doing stuff!

On a side note, it's always nice when Lauren Faust visits the site (or should I say, writes in? She could be on the site right now, and we'd neeeever knowwww......)

Ditchy McAbandonpants
03-08-2008, 03:17 AM
Excellent. Very, very good indeed; my sincere thanks to Sparky for getting online so promptly! :frankiesmile:

I see the Season Five/Six quandary has been cleared up for us (again, ta muchly, Mrs. Faust!), and I must say; as much as it would have been nice to have a new season of Foster's to look forward to in the coming weeks, I couldn't be happier with this episode as a season finale. At the end of a somewhat off-kilter and experimental fifth season, this one really felt like a deliberate, carefully crafted throwback to that classic Foster's feel, so much so that it actually started to feel almost nostalgic. More than any other episode I can remember, "Let Your Hare Down" felt like it was written specifically with long-term fans in mind, with the script positively laced with little references only regular watchers would get (Coco the murderer; Frankie's Tango dreams; an appearance by what felt like every minor Friend ever; BLOO'S FIRST EVER PADDLE-BALL SUCCESS :bloocross:).

More than that, what pleased me most about this ep was that it was the first in a long time that the strength of this show is its versatility. Having Bloo screaming is pretty funny, but too much of the last season was focussed solely on that; here, we got not only the full range of characters (every single major cast member had at least a couple of great lines, which is wonderful), but also the full range of humour, from shouty slapstick to sly sarcasm, dry wit to absurdist daftness. Foster's at its best should have something for everyone to enjoy; I feel "Let Your Hare Down" hit that mark dead on, and I'm delighted that Season Five was able to close, belatedly, with such a sparkling return to form. I shall most certainly be looking out for Mr. Rob Renzetti's name attached to future episodes; still, what more would you expect from a Powerpuff veteran? :D

Roll on Season Six! :bloocross:

PS - This is totally irrelevant, but having written close to 8000 words this week, I just want to savour typing the five words that matter most: I. Have. Finished. My. Dissertation. :weirded:

Ooh...I did enjoy that, yesssss.

Ridureyu
03-08-2008, 03:18 AM
The best, subtlest part of the episode, in my opinion, was Herriman kissing Madame Foster goodnight at the beginning of the episode.

taranchula
03-08-2008, 05:39 AM
Aw shoot I forgot about..."Misplaced" the wicked satire about what I like to call the Gilligan's Island for the 00's 8D

The rabbit was right though, the probably weren't going to explain anything, even though they said they were, it's a technique used by a lot of shows of Lost's ilk. (See, Files-X)

Cassini90125
03-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Excellent. Very, very good indeed; my sincere thanks to Sparky for getting online so promptly! :frankiesmile:

I see the Season Five/Six quandary has been cleared up for us (again, ta muchly, Mrs. Faust!), and I must say; as much as it would have been nice to have a new season of Foster's to look forward to in the coming weeks, I couldn't be happier with this episode as a season finale. At the end of a somewhat off-kilter and experimental fifth season, this one really felt like a deliberate, carefully crafted throwback to that classic Foster's feel, so much so that it actually started to feel almost nostalgic. More than any other episode I can remember, "Let Your Hare Down" felt like it was written specifically with long-term fans in mind, with the script positively laced with little references only regular watchers would get (Coco the murderer; Frankie's Tango dreams; an appearance by what felt like every minor Friend ever; BLOO'S FIRST EVER PADDLE-BALL SUCCESS :bloocross:).

More than that, what pleased me most about this ep was that it was the first in a long time that the strength of this show is its versatility. Having Bloo screaming is pretty funny, but too much of the last season was focussed solely on that; here, we got not only the full range of characters (every single major cast member had at least a couple of great lines, which is wonderful), but also the full range of humour, from shouty slapstick to sly sarcasm, dry wit to absurdist daftness. Foster's at its best should have something for everyone to enjoy; I feel "Let Your Hare Down" hit that mark dead on, and I'm delighted that Season Five was able to close, belatedly, with such a sparkling return to form. I shall most certainly be looking out for Mr. Rob Renzetti's name attached to future episodes; still, what more would you expect from a Powerpuff veteran? :D

Roll on Season Six! :bloocross:

PS - This is totally irrelevant, but having written close to 8000 words this week, I just want to savour typing the five words that matter most: I. Have. Finished. My. Dissertation. :weirded:

Ooh...I did enjoy that, yesssss.

Sir, I tip my hat to you for yet another well-thought-out and well-written review; none could have said it better. And my congratulations of finishing your dissertation! :)

pitbulllady
03-09-2008, 03:44 PM
I FINALLY got to see it, complete with end credits, no less! This was certainly one of the best of Season Five, chock-full of references to other tv shows and movies and with plenty of laughs. Where else but on Foster's could you hear the line, "Take your stupid Binky and HELP ME"? Though I have to say, that list of overdue bills looked awfully familiar...TOO familiar, in fact, which reminds me, the electric bill, the water bill, a car payment, a car insurance payment and a couple of loan payments are due tomorrow, but I digress. Great episode-loved seeing Wilt in those little green swim trunks(hey, at least it wasn't a Speedo) and actually hearing him SPEAK once again was a pleasant treat!

Oh, and if there's anyone who hasn't seen the end credits, it's a play on Bloo's promise never to wear clothes. He's seen wearing a regular shirt, tie and pants...made for like, a regular-sized adult guy, so he's having difficulty moving around, to say the least! Herriman, it seems, ordered him to put on some clothes once he returned to his normal self.

pitbulllady

Mr. Marshmallow
03-09-2008, 09:06 PM
As always, I'm late catching up on episode reviews and what not but either way, I hope its safe to say I am in the majority of people who thought this episode freaking ruled! It has been a long hiatus since any new Fosters stuff was out and I think the last new one that was out was the abomination known as "Peas".

If that's the case, god bless CN for releasing this little gem to wash that annoying little green stain from my pain laced memories. But back to "Hare down", this episode was charming and downright FUNNY. Fosters has had some good episodes come and go, but not all of them have made me genuinely laugh.

I mean actually laugh out loud, this one did quite a few times. Seeing Mr. Herriman as a stoner/hippie/burnt out happy goer was too much fun to be had. Herriman has never changed his look since the show started and this drastic overhaul was much appreciated. I love how Bloo was "forced" into agreeing.

The fact he finally got paddle balling and Herriman stole it from him was priceless that is EXACTLY the number one thing that would for sure piss Bloo off into helping and it worked to perfection. I too thought the kissing Madame Foster was a cute thing to put in, its good they keep the fact he loves his creator quite evident in the show no matter how long the series gets.

Frankie's groans in bed were dare i say, sexy to hear and being a Frankie fan, I couldn't stop laughing SO HARD when I saw the kid making googly eyes at her and thinking she sounded so hot when she snored. First Mac, then the kid in that Fosters comic, now this kid, is there a theme I dare say? :slybendy:.

Anywho, probably the funniest bit had to be Herriman changing back to normal and announcing every character cliche reference in the book.

"Wilt, say your sorry"
"Eduardo, start crying"
"Mac, get a hair cut!"
"Uh yes....sir?" 8D

That one cracked me up. This episode was genuinely fun, charming and entertaining, Coco's constant murderous suggestions never got old. However, there were 2 problems I did have with it. 1-This plot has been used many times over, having an up tight character or fun loving character "straighten/loosen up" and have disastrous results forcing a reset to be made.

Teen Titans, Tiny Toon adventures, Kim Possible, Darkwing Duck, they have all done it so the plot really didn't strike me as fresh. And 2-This is kind of minor but this kind of bugged me when I thought about it. Even if Herriman did most of the organizing, I find it hard to believe the house would get crappy that quickly with Frankie around.

And this has nothing to do with my Frankie fandom fever, I'm just confused how Frankie wouldn't do any cleaning, cooking, etc during the 3 weeks Herriman was on his happy trip. Unless they are saying she was constantly involved in the 3 week party as well but I didn't really believe she'd do that. Its nothing important, probably just me overthinking but thought I'd toss it out.

Overall, a very, very enjoyable episode, well written and very well created. I laughed quite a bit and felt extremely satisfied with this episode.

Ditchy McAbandonpants
03-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Cassini: Hey, thanks, buddy! That's very nice of you to say. :frankiesmile: It's been nice to actually have a moment or two to myself for a change, without having to have my face buried in a book from dawn 'til dusk. What with that out of the way with and Foster's Season Six starting THIS WEEK (with a brilliant-sounding episode), things are looking up a little in the Ditchy McAbandon-camp... :D

Mr Marshmallow: Diligent, effective little worker though she is, I would guess that a three-week period of rule-free debauchery and anarchy involving everybody in the house (not to mention a sizable contingent from outside the house) would create more mess than Frankie would be able to cope with, even we were to assume she had been trying to keep on top of things throughout that time. No slight was intended against the good name of our "Frankie-stein", I'm sure. :frankiesmile:

Ub3rD4n
03-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Mr Marshmallow:
And this has nothing to do with my Frankie fandom fever, I'm just confused how Frankie wouldn't do any cleaning, cooking, etc during the 3 weeks Herriman was on his happy trip. Unless they are saying she was constantly involved in the 3 week party as well but I didn't really believe she'd do that. Its nothing important, probably just me overthinking but thought I'd toss it out.

It's all in the head, man. Mr Herriman may not have done much, but once the residents got it into their head that rules were no longer being enforced, they just gave up on doing their share of the work. Frankie's not Superman. She can't keep that house spotless alone, with everyone else working against her.

cartman414
03-10-2008, 09:19 PM
A Rob Renzetti episode, huh? Cool. I remember he did various eps. of Dexter's Lab. I didn't get to see it yet though.

Mr_Bloo_Veins
03-13-2008, 05:19 PM

SNAPE KILLS HERRIMAN

NEVER LEAVE STEVE IS ACTUALLY JUST THE NICKNAME BLOO GAVE HIS PADDLE BALL FOR NO REASON IN PARTICULAR

Great episode. It definately made up for the train wreck that was "The Little Peas" ::)

Also, a Rob Renzetti episode? The guy who did MLAATR? Cool.

Xroc88
03-15-2008, 02:53 PM
This was an awesome episode!!!

Mr herriman reminded me of the truth from GTA san andreas lol.

Big Daddy
03-17-2008, 07:21 PM
You all want to hear something ironic? :P

I'd planned to see this episode the night it had premiered on CN, and I completely missed out on it, due to the fact that I was busy watching an episode of "Lost". And when I finally got the chance to watch it on CN's website, I notice the spoof halfway at the start of the episode and I just lost (no pun intended) it, because it was SO funny.8D

The whole episode was hilarious. It was one of those moments when I wished that things could stay the way they turned out, with Herriman staying so loose. But that house looked terrible and I felt for Mr. H when Bill Collector came with all those bills. Haha!

I agree with everyone when they say this episode turned out a lot better than "The Little Peas". I was kind of peeved when I missed that one, too. But judging from the fan reaction, I'm kind of glad that I did, even though it was pretty cool seeing the "Big Cheese" episode from a different perspective.:D

I'm hoping CN will put up the "Jackie Khones" episode on their site soon. I really like J.K., he's my favorite friend next to Wilt.:jk:

Medikor
03-18-2008, 09:45 AM
I just got to watch this episode and thoroughly enjoyed it. It had some great character moments without ever having to resort to bashing and also had some genuine laugh out loud moments. And as always it makes me happy to see Frankie get a healthy dose of screen time. But I must admit that Mr. Harriman stole the show with his new found hippie persona. Mr. Cain did a great job presenting a laid back stiff.8D
This was a great way to end the somewhat mediocre fifth season. I was starting to worry that Foster's may have past its prime and was ready to retire but it looks like it still has a lot of great offerings for use.:D

TraverseTown
03-23-2008, 05:44 PM
This was good, but I have so many shows to watch and I ALWAYS forget Foster's. And I haven't been here in ages.

Gotta love Herriman. Good vocal work in this one.

Xroc88
03-24-2008, 02:54 AM
What was frankie dreaming of? It sounded like she was having a date with someone lol.

taranchula
03-24-2008, 05:38 AM
What was frankie dreaming of? It sounded like she was having a date with someone lol.

I do believe it was "Rod Tango" the movie star character who was introduced in the season five episode "Ticket to Rod"

CartoonNetworkFan
03-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Mrs. McCracken

She is Ms. Faust! ;)

Sparky
03-24-2008, 02:39 PM
She is Ms. Faust! ;)

That's true! I don't know why people call her Mrs. McCracken. :lauren:

Invader Bloo
03-24-2008, 05:32 PM
I liked Coco said they should kill Herriman & then pulled out a bat.

BluebottleFlyer
05-19-2008, 12:28 AM
Just caught this episode over the weekend (props to Sparky for the download), and it was pretty much a blast IMHO.:D
Herriman's personality shift from stickler for discipline to carefree hippie was brilliant. Just to hear him speak was funny enough.:) And what Bloo had to do to get Herriman to loosen up, lol.
The "Lost" reference was also a hoot. Talk about bad timing. And Coco brandishing a baseball bat.:D
To cut a long story short, brilliant episode.:)

Mac-a-lacka
05-20-2008, 04:08 PM
The "Lost" reference was also a hoot. Talk about bad timing.

Yeah, that part was funny.:bloogrin:

And Coco brandishing a baseball bat.:D

Frankie: If you can't beat em', join em'.
Coco: (takes out baseball bat)
Others: No, Coco! Not beat, join!8D

That part is also funny.:D

Bloofan
05-27-2008, 12:37 PM
The "Lost" reference was also a hoot.

I seen the episode, but where LOST is referenced, I can't seem to find it.

Mac-a-lacka
05-27-2008, 12:52 PM
When the friends were watching the TV show called "Misplaced".
Another term for "Lost".;)

Mew
07-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Teen Titans, Tiny Toon adventures, Kim Possible, Darkwing Duck, they have all done it so the plot really didn't strike me as fresh.

Ooh. Which episode? One Beer? */Tiny Toons obsession*

Anyway. Onto the actual episode.
It was hilarious xD I caught the Lost reference straight away, and I don't know anything about it, except that it's like a modern Gilligan's Island and someone on the Sims 2 UK site has done a parody of it.

And the ending gag is genius.

KazooBloo
12-03-2016, 10:24 PM
This is definitely a great episode. However, a small complaint. The cast goes from wanting Bloo to make Mr. Herriman chill out and not be so uptight. Then, after he does that, and Harry sticks around after a while, they get mad at Bloo for what he did.

How is it Bloo's fault? He didn't tell Harry what to do at all.