PDA

View Full Version : New Licensed Product News

Lynnie
02-15-2008, 07:20 PM
Ok, I'm still tiffed at myself for posting year-old news about Hallmark, so I'm trying to be careful this time. But this time the date is correct. I'm sure of it. :oops:

I don't even want to make anyone take my word for it, so I'll let the article speak for itself-

Cartoon Network Enterprises (CNE), the brand management and highly active licensing arm of the greater Cartoon Network entertainment group, continues to build merchandizing relationships for its top properties. Cartoon Network's hottest original animated television series -- Craig McCracken's inventive Foster's Home for Imaginary Fiends and the Man of Action born Ben 10 -- will continue to generate interest by making new inroads in apparel. Many products will be an extension or an expansion of an existing or similar line of merchandise.

On the Foster's front, Cartoon Network Enterprises has licensed the rights for the animated program to four new partners, looking to help imbue a variety of products with the cartoon's memorable humor and style. CNE has signed deals with Horizon Imports (hosiery), the Design International Group (stationary), Freeze (t-shirts) and Boston America (personal care); each of which the marketing and merchandising division has high hopes for.

Horizon Imports, according to Cartoon Network Enterprises, has signed a multi-year agreement to create a complete line of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends-branded hosiery; which will include everything from socks to leg and arm warmers.

Also, Freeze will design a line of junior's and tweens t-shirts for mid-tier and mass retailers. Freeze, a privately held fashion company, is a full-service apparel company that sells, manufactures and distributes licensed, non-licensed and private label sportswear to retail customers nationwide.

"Since its launch, Foster's apparel and accessories have resonated with juniors and tweens because of the funny and relatable characters and visually-distinctive style featured in the show," Christina Miller, Vice President of Consumer Products for CNE, stated. "With the high-quality partners we've selected, we're looking forward to expanding the product offering and deepening the connections fans have with the brand, making Foster's everybody's best friend forever."

Design International Group (D.I.G.), a 2003-founded company that designs, produces and distributes stationery, school accessories and craft items for school age children will manufacture stationary items. There are currently plans on the table for D.I.G. to debut notebooks, pens and more. Boston America, who provides the specialty market with licensed tinned candies, cosmetics and other accessories, has signed on to create lip balms and tinned mints featuring Bloo, Cheese and their friends. All deals are designated for distribution in the U.S. market.

"...Featuring Bloo, Cheese and their friends." I sure hope so. I hope some of the human characters get to mingle with the imaginaries, too. :frankiesmile:

Checking the sights for these new companies, we should expect to see stuff at Target, Wal*Mart, K Mart, Limited Too, Wallgreens, Sears, Dollar General, Kroger owned supermarkets, Office Max, Borders Books, and many others. Of course, expect it to be a few months, if not longer, before we actually start seeing stuff appearing. But still exciting news, yes? :yeah:

Sourse- Animation Insider (http://www.animationinsider.net/article.php?articleID=1627)

Cassini90125
02-15-2008, 07:30 PM
I'd best be seeing some quality Frankie-related merchandise from these people. I'm sick to death of Cheese stuff. But I know better than to count on it. :frankiemad:

Also, as this topic does pertain to officialy-licensed merchandise, I'm moving it to the Company Store section. ;)

narfcake
02-16-2008, 01:16 AM
"Also, Freeze will design a line of junior's and tweens t-shirts ..."

In other words, guys shouldn't expect to find much of anything that would fit them.

That said, at least thus so far, Foster's licensing has been better targeted than it was when WB consumer products was the one in charge; we don't need a PPG merchandise glut rehash.

Diamond Duchess
02-16-2008, 07:40 AM
This is good: More Foster's merchandise available which doesn't require going into a Hot Topic/affiliated store go get. Yay!

Lynnie's idea that Foster's stuff may be hitting more nationwide chains is also good, it's a step in the right direction. The possibility for this definitely has opened up, so I'd best look out. :bloogrin:

I'm most excited about the juniors/tweens t-shirts. I think they're gonna be cute, and awesome, and better priced than the things at Hot Topic, and I'm gonna try to snag some when they come out.

pitbulllady
02-16-2008, 04:24 PM
"Also, Freeze will design a line of junior's and tweens t-shirts ..."

In other words, guys shouldn't expect to find much of anything that would fit them.

That said, at least thus so far, Foster's licensing has been better targeted than it was when WB consumer products was the one in charge; we don't need a PPG merchandise glut rehash.

Apparently, neither guys NOR adult females can expect to find anything new that will fit, not in terms of t-shirts or other apparel, anyway. I'm happy that the Foster's line is continuing to expand and remain popular, which bodes well for the show, BUT I wish SOMEBODY would acknowledge that not all Foster's fans are little kids or skinny pre-teen girls, dang it!

pitbulllady

WiltsAKGirl17
02-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Apparently, neither guys NOR adult females can expect to find anything new that will fit, not in terms of t-shirts or other apparel, anyway. I'm happy that the Foster's line is continuing to expand and remain popular, which bodes well for the show, BUT I wish SOMEBODY would acknowledge that not all Foster's fans are little kids or skinny pre-teen girls, dang it!

pitbulllady

I would like to add teen girls who don't fit into things sold at American Eagle and Abercrombie & Fitch to that list, PBL. * Raises hand, as I am not ashamed to admit it * I WANT A SHIRT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! :madwilt:

Lynnie
02-16-2008, 08:12 PM
I figured the "juniors and tweens" bit would irritate some, myself included. But why focus just on that when it's only 1/4 of the news? Stumbled upon another article today-
ATLANTA, February 12: Cartoon Network Enterprises (CNE) has secured four new merchandising partners for its Emmy Award-winning series Foster?s Home for Imaginary Friends: Horizon Imports, Boston America, Freeze and Design International Group.

Horizon Imports has inked a multi-year agreement to create a full line of Foster?s-branded hosiery, including socks, leg and arm warmers. Freeze will develop a line of t-shirts for juniors and tweens, which will be available at mid-tier and mass retailers. Boston America will create lip balms and tinned mints, featuring characters from the series, while Design International Group will roll out a line of notebooks, pens, stationery and more.

These products will bolster the lines, aimed at juniors and tweens, which are already at retailers, including a line of apparel by Mighty Fine; bags and accessories by Loungefly; footwear, bags and watches from E.S. Originals; bedding and room décor by Franco Manufacturing; and a jewelry line from H.E.R.

Foster?s Home for Imaginary Friends follows the adventures of a group of imaginary friends who have outgrown their creators and the humans who care for them. The series, which was created by Craig McCracken (The Powerpuff Girls), is currently in its fifth season and consistently ranks as one of Cartoon Network?s highest-rated shows.

"...Bags and accessories by Loungefly; footwear, bags and watches from E.S. Originals; bedding and room décor by Franco Manufacturing; and a jewelry line from H.E.R." Now there's some things we all can appreciate, I think. Even the guys! :)

Sourse- WorldScreen (http://www.worldscreen.com/newscurrent.php?filename=CNE021208.htm)

Shelltoon
02-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Must buy the room decor and bedding!!

narfcake
02-17-2008, 12:28 AM
I figured the "juniors and tweens" bit would irritate some, myself included. But why focus just on that when it's only 1/4 of the news?

Tshirts are an easy way to show off your fandom, so it's a much bigger deal.

Apparently, neither guys NOR adult females can expect to find anything new that will fit, not in terms of t-shirts or other apparel, anyway.

If Logotel continues their license, then hopefully we'll get some new regular t-shirts.

Shelltoon
02-17-2008, 01:00 AM
To be honest, I'm not sure if the shirt thing affects me. I actually have a Foster's shirt I accidentally bought as a Youth Sized Large... and it still fits. If they make a Large Junior size, I wonder if I could fit into that.

Shelltoon
03-17-2008, 02:38 AM
I REALLY hate to double post and revive a topic that's been aging and gaining cobwebs... but I was searching for new products, and stumbled upon last year's news:
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends bedding, pillows, slumber bags, bath accessories and beach towels will start hitting retail this fall thanks to a new deal between

Cartoon Network Enterprises and Franco Manufacturing. The products will target the tween market and trade on the goofy humor inherent in the CN series.

A sampling of goods from the Franco line, primarily Foster's throw blankets and micro-bead pillows, will launch at Hot Topic's 700 US stores. The manufacturer then intends to widen distribution channels and product assortment in spring '08.
So is it safe to assume that Hot Topic was a mere front for Foster's?

Frankie_4_Prez
04-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Hosiery, huh? Duchess-inspired green-black striped socks, anyone? :duchconf:

Sparky
04-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Hosiery, huh? Duchess-inspired green-black striped socks, anyone? :duchconf:

Lol, I have green and black striped tights. 8D

KazooBloo
12-15-2016, 12:07 AM
Good read.