PDA

View Full Version : Foster's Valentines

scary_dream
01-08-2008, 06:44 PM
I was strolling the aisles of my nearest department store when I happened upon a box of the cheap-o little paper valentines that are usually meant for young school children that have to give valentines to the whole class... In any case, I'm 20 and I still buy them for my friends and family. 8D

Anyhoo, I saw a box of Cartoon Network valentines! It was a variety of PPG, Ben 10, My Gym Partner is a Monkey, Ed, Edd, n Eddy, Camp Lazlo, and WOO - two different Foster's Valentines!! Not to mention they come with cute little heart stickers with the characters on them... NOBODY gets my heart stickers with Wilt on them XD

Sparky
01-08-2008, 07:26 PM
I was just thinking today of designing some that people can print off of my site (using the clipart I made). I'm glad that at least *some* are commercially available though. :)

antgirl1
01-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Not to mention they come with cute little heart stickers with the characters on them... NOBODY gets my heart stickers with Wilt on them XD

Thank goodness it wasn't just Bloo, Mac and Cheese. :D

Sparky
01-10-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm not even going to chance waiting for a local store to get these. I just ordered two boxes from someone on eBay.

WiltsAKGirl17
01-10-2008, 04:53 PM
...NOBODY gets my heart stickers with Wilt on them XD

Ugh, I'm so jealous, scary_dream. <Jealous, frustrated grunt; shakes fist. All good-naturedly, of course. ;)>

Thank goodness it wasn't just Bloo, Mac and Cheese. :D

Exactly. There are other wonderful characters on the show besides them, world.

Anyway, good find and thanks for sharing, scary_dream!

Lynnie
01-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Walking through my friendly neighborhood grocery store again this week, and Valentines day stuff has taken the place of the Christmas stuff. And once again, even though I'm not really looking at the stuff there, I couldn't help but notice a familiar dancing blue dude on the front cover of one of the boxes. Yeah, so I had to get it, of course! 8D

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa1/Lynnie_Lyn/Jan1176.png
Here's the box and all the valentines and stickers. Shouldn't take long to notice Foster's rules the set, having two strips of stickers when the other shows only have one. Foster's also has the only large valentine and one small one, when the others each only have one small one. (There are five identical sheets of valentines, though). I don't even have to bring up the box, do I? :bloosmirk: Each valentine has little slits in it where you can slip one of the stickers so the receiver can use it as they wish.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa1/Lynnie_Lyn/Jan1175.png
And here's the Foster's stuff, both the front and back of each valentine, and a closer shot at the stickers. I'm another who is very happy to see more than just Bloo and Cheese. I love the sticker of Ed and his stuffed bunny "Paco". And the one of Mac laughing. :) Unfortunately there's only one sheet of stickers though, so there's only one sticker of each.

Heheh, I took the picture in front of my patio door to be sure the flash wouldn't go off. I still have my Christmas lights up, and got a nice shot of the cord. :nyah: Also a, uhm, puzzle piece. Tune in to a different thread for that.

Sparky
01-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Ooh, puzzle piece. :D (I still can't find one of the Foster's puzzles.)

When I get my Valentines sets, I'll scan them in. I am like I said earlier also making some Foster's printable Valentines for my site, too...I just haven't been feeling creative enough lately to come up with the little blurbs for the insides.

Cassini90125
01-11-2008, 03:15 PM
No Frankie. I'm sorry but on Valentine's Day, seriously, that just doesn't feel right.

scary_dream
01-11-2008, 06:33 PM
That's weird Lynnie! Yours came with stickers that people can do whatever with, and mine came with heart-shaped stickers to sticker them shut with so the fold doesn't make them pop open. Also, my box has a smaller Bloo in sunglasses doing the Fonzie "thumbs up" pose. The Valentines are the same as far as I can see though, except that yours have the little slit.

Same sticker design too, just different shape and purpose.

The only reason I can think that they didn't put Frankie on them is because while she's a great character, she's not so much one that small children, their target audience, gravitate to as much as say Bloo or Eduardo. I agree that they could have put her on one WITH Bloo or Eduardo, but eh, some mass marketing ideas aren't always the best ones. :(

Foster's Geek 287
01-12-2008, 04:20 AM
Ooh, puzzle piece. :D (I still can't find one of the Foster's puzzles.)

When I get my Valentines sets, I'll scan them in. I am like I said earlier also making some Foster's printable Valentines for my site, too...I just haven't been feeling creative enough lately to come up with the little blurbs for the insides.

That's too bad... I have a ton. :(

antgirl1
01-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Eeee the Wilt stuff are WIIIIIIIIIIN. :D

Frankie_4_Prez
04-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Wow, it's like, they purposely designed Frankie to be MIA. What were they thinking? V-day without Frankie is like X-mas without Santa.

Cassini90125
04-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Wow, it's like, they purposely designed Frankie to be MIA. What were they thinking? V-day without Frankie is like X-mas without Santa.

Exactly! Like I said earlier,

No Frankie. I'm sorry but on Valentine's Day, seriously, that just doesn't feel right.

Another reason I make my own cards. Better and more heartfelt than the commercial stuff anyway. :frankiesmile:

KazooBloo
12-15-2016, 12:17 AM
How did your friends and family like them?