PDA

View Full Version : I got the lead in the musical at school!

lucyrocks73
12-02-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm going to play Polly in Crazy for You. Needless to say, I'm insanely excited. :D:bloogrin:

I'm really surprised that I got the lead as a sophomore. Previously, the same girl got every lead in the plays and musicals, but she moved to Michigan to go to some performing arts school. So the lead was kind of up for grabs.

But somehow, I got it!

Has anybody here

a. Seen the show
or
b. Been in the show?

And it's a tap musical. I haven't been going to dance class every week for the past eleven years for nothing...

-Marty :goo:

Partymember
12-02-2007, 03:01 PM
congrats!

jekylljuice
12-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Wooo!! Congratulations, lucyrocks! :smed:

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the show itself or any of its numbers, but I'm sure you'll take the crowds by storm in it. Do let us know how it goes.

Diamond Duchess
12-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Great news, lucyrocks73! That's awesome, and I think you'll do well in the musical.

I haven't heard of Crazy For You, but it sounds good. I could look it up to find out more about it.

Congratulations, and on another note, I didn't know could tap dance. How well that fits for your role.

Lynnie
12-02-2007, 08:04 PM
That's awesome Marty, Congrats! Best of luck, and remember to take lots of deep breaths before curtain (it calms the nerves and helps you concentrate on what you're suppose to do). Have fun! :)

Medikor
12-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Congratulations on scoring the lead.:D

xxxClaire
12-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Congrats!! :bloogrin:

lucyrocks73
12-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks everyone...

I've had three rehearsals so far, and it's... coming along. The problem with my school is that no one works very hard. I know most of my songs already (I got the music book on Monday), but everyone is just kind of waiting to go over the songs at the music rehearsals and learn them then. I really like to know what I'm doing early on so I can fine tune it.

As I've already said, I'm a fair tap dancer. I'm a soprano, and I can sing pretty high (Polly is a medium to low soprano, which is a change I like). The problem is... Not only is the guy playing Bobby Child (the main male character) a good six feet tall, but... I'm a very short girl at 4'11. I wore heels tonight to practice, and I still couldn't reach to slap him! I have to drag him down and punch him now (Polly's very violent, I've found... I don't talk to a lot of people without yelling).

And then there is the typical grief of the juniors and seniors who didn't get the lead and are mad that I did as a sophomore. They've been complaining up a storm...

I can't wait for dance practices to start up in January. Not only do I have to tap, but I'll probably need to learn some ballroom-esque things... Which should be interesting.

If anyone wants to see a clip of the national tour in the nineties, here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w6PjWcOOt8

I'm playing the part of the girl with red hair.
Should be exciting! Thanks for your nice comments, everyone!

-Marty :goo:

Nyo
12-05-2007, 06:00 PM
Congrats Marty!

I never got the lead in anything...lol

WiltsAKGirl17
12-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Congrats! Best of luck to you, from one actor in a school play (Officer Escalus/ Chorus Member in "Romeo and Winifred," a Romeo and Juliet parody) to another. Tell us how it goes!