PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Foster's Float from the Macy*s Parade?

bloonuggets
11-17-2007, 05:57 AM
Say, remember last year when the Foster's float was in the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade? Well, you can find out how it was created at http://www.macysparade.com, and click on the "Behind The Scenes" link under "Parade Information".

One Radical Dude
11-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the link. There's something to watch for this year. Expect debuts of Jackie Khones, Fluffernutter, and Bloppy Pants at the 2007 Macy*s Thanksgiving Parade. :)

Lynnie
11-17-2007, 08:20 PM
That's cool. I always thought they had to disassemble the floats to transport them to Manhattan. But *fold* them. I wonder how they do that exactly. The only thing I can think of is how one "folds" a pop up trailer. Interesting.

Still no confirmation that the float will be in this years' parade, too. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Only five more days to go. :bloogrin:

Edit: ORD, you got confirmation?? Sweet!

bloonuggets
11-18-2007, 02:01 AM
Will they be doing that pants song?

One Radical Dude
11-18-2007, 11:16 AM
The song mentioned in the press release would be "You're My Best Friend" by Queen. Read all about it here (http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=19864).

bloonuggets
11-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Cheese? Singing?! Somewhere, Freddie Mercury is doing backflips six feet under. :lol:

BabyCharmander
11-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Aaaagh, Cheese is going to sing!? D% THAT's going to be fun...

Still, I'd like to see this one. The float last year was cute. %3 When will they be showing this float? I don't normally watch the parade at all, so...

Cassini90125
11-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Do what I did last year; record it and fast-forward through the boring parts until you get to the float.

BabyCharmander
11-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Agh, but I'll be taping Good Wilt Hunting that day and I only have one VCR that can actually record anything. XD; When does the parade start?

Cassini90125
11-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Tape the parade, if you can only tape one. Good Wilt Hunting will be rerun; the parade is a one-shot deal.

One Radical Dude
11-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Agh, but I'll be taping Good Wilt Hunting that day and I only have one VCR that can actually record anything. XD; When does the parade start?

Well, it's 9 AM where I live, but I don't believe it's necessarily the same for everyone. Check your local listings.

antgirl1
11-18-2007, 07:34 PM
plus an encore presentation of the Emmy-nominated 90-minute animated feature, ?Good Wilt Hunting.?

*snicker* The movie was 60 minutes. XDD

Lynnie
11-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Yay! I watch the parade every year, but I rarely wake up in time to see it from the beginning. I hope I catch the float. I remember last year I had no idea before hand that Foster's was going to have a float. I was sitting on the couch, only half watching the parade (I think I was browsing through a catalogue) when I heard a very familiar song, so I turned my full attention to the TV. I was sooooo thrilled, I clapped my hands and laughed in pure glee! I do remember the Wilt puppet looked NOTHING like himself, and it creeped me out a bit. I felt sorry for him. I wonder if they'll be using the exact same puppets this year, or maybe made some improvements. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Only four days to go! Woohoo!! :D

One Radical Dude
11-18-2007, 10:39 PM
Yay! I watch the parade every year, but I rarely wake up in time to see it from the beginning. I hope I catch the float. I remember last year I had no idea before hand that Foster's was going to have a float. I was sitting on the couch, only half watching the parade (I think I was browsing through a catalogue) when I heard a very familiar song, so I turned my full attention to the TV. I was sooooo thrilled, I clapped my hands and laughed in pure glee! I do remember the Wilt puppet looked NOTHING like himself, and it creeped me out a bit. I felt sorry for him. I wonder if they'll be using the exact same puppets this year, or maybe made some improvements. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Only four days to go! Woohoo!! :D

Yeah, I remember the Wilt puppet looking a bit odd. :wiltyeahright: No matter what happens, I look forward to seeing the Foster's float once again at the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day parade. Last year, I missed seeing the float during the airing of the parade. :P

BluebottleFlyer
11-19-2007, 01:41 AM
Saw the pics of last year's float, quite impressive, I have to say, it'll be good to see what they do this year.
The Thanksgiving Parade, unfortunately, isn't something that would be shown on prime time British telly though. Though it might get a little snippet on the news, maybe. And there's always YouTube.:)

pitbulllady
11-19-2007, 02:08 AM
*snicker* The movie was 60 minutes. XDD

Yeah, it was. It would be a nice surprise if they added in a half-hour or so of previously unshown footage, though.

pitbulllady

TB
11-19-2007, 06:15 AM
While the thought of Cheese singing makes me giggle, wouldn't this song work better with Mac singing with Bloo? :P

antgirl1
11-19-2007, 06:27 AM
I do remember the Wilt puppet looked NOTHING like himself, and it creeped me out a bit. I felt sorry for him. I wonder if they'll be using the exact same puppets this year, or maybe made some improvements. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Only four days to go! Woohoo!! :D

Would you think it'd be easy to make a puppet look AND move like Wilt? Bloo, even Cheese is one thing, but Wilt is quite another!

Yeah, it was. It would be a nice surprise if they added in a half-hour or so of previously unshown footage, though.

pitbulllady

Unshown? :D

bloonuggets
11-21-2007, 08:45 AM
Don't we have a YouTube link, Sparky, from last year?

BabyCharmander
11-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Speaking of YouTube, is anyone planning on taping this and uploading it there for those of us who might miss it, mur?

Sparky
11-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah here is last year's. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=rCXADbofG2g) But please no pressure on me to get this year's online; I am the ONLY woman left in my immediate family and therefore am responsible for doing ALL the holiday cooking and entertaining. I will TRY to get it, that's all I can say.

One Radical Dude
11-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah here is last year's. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=rCXADbofG2g) But please no pressure on me to get this year's online; I am the ONLY woman left in my immediate family and therefore am responsible for doing ALL the holiday cooking and entertaining. I will TRY to get it, that's all I can say.

I completely understand. I'm going to record the parade on my DVR, in case I miss it. :)

bloonuggets
11-21-2007, 05:39 PM
And if anyone else can do it, please do so.

Nem
11-21-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm a bit...confused.

I saw that the Macy's parade will be playing on NBC, due to checking their website. NBC claims it will start at 9:00 am, at all timezones, yet I checked my cable provider, and it says it starts at 6:00 am

I'm in Oregon, so I'm PST, and am very confused.

It's also showing on channel 382 XD

Sparky
11-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Oh yeah I remember being confused about that exact same thing last year (I'm on PST). But I don't remember how it ended up being! :P Looks like I have to get up at 7...(I know they won't have the Foster's float right away or anything, I'm just paranoid.)

Subzeroace
11-21-2007, 08:47 PM
I'll be taping it on my PVR (just set it now) sadly I have no way to get the video on the computer :wiltshock:

Nem
11-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Blah XD I'm so sorry, I meant to say it starts at 6:00 am, not 7:00 am, and it ends at 9:00 am

Silly me and my horrible typing =P

Sorry about that, I'll edit my first post so there aren't any mix ups :]

Sparky
11-21-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm looking at the Comcast listing right now and it says 9-12. On KCRA. I suppose *some* channels might broadcast live and therefore have it from 6-9. I dunno. :P Wha'ever, lol.

Government Man
11-21-2007, 10:57 PM
The parade's on both NBC and CBS, so at least some of you recording this should switch to CBS in hope of getting the float from a different angle. I'm recording the NBC show for Sparky.

As a big marching band fan, my bet is that both networks will cut to commercials every time a band starts to play :(

P.S. Telemundo is using NBC's feed but with their own hosts, so if you get annoyed with the usual chatter, you can always try that.

P.P.S. We've got plans for Thursday and Friday, and of course Sunday's a big day too, so please, ease up on the pressure on Sparky to get something to Youtube until at least next week.

bloonuggets
11-22-2007, 03:13 AM
The parade is on at 9 AM in each time zone just to clear up this mess.

Oh, Happy Thanksgiving to all of us in the US of A.

BabyCharmander
11-22-2007, 06:59 AM
Are they not gonna' show the song? D: I was watching the parade on TV and they just showed the float. I could see Fluffer Nutter, Jackie Khones, Bloo, Mr. Herriman, Coco, and Wilt, but I didn't catch anyone else 'cuz they didn't show much of the float. (I thought I saw some people standing on the float, though, but I could be wrong.) Did they show it with the song earlier or something? I missed the first hour of the parade, eheh. >>;

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving, folks. :3

Shelltoon
11-22-2007, 07:00 AM
CBS isn't playing the musical parts of the parade. NBC however is, I can tell because Dolly Parton is performing right now on her float.

bloonuggets
11-22-2007, 07:09 AM
The float is NEXT on NBC (11:10 AM)

BabyCharmander
11-22-2007, 07:12 AM
Gaah, I can't find NBC. D% I just flipped through 100-some channels and couldn't find it anywhere. I saw a couple other parades but they weren't the same ones. I guess I don't get the channel? That stinks. Xx;

bloonuggets
11-22-2007, 07:15 AM
It'll be up on YouTube soon...trust me.

BabyCharmander
11-22-2007, 07:22 AM
'Kay. I hope so, 'cuz it doesn't look like I'll be able to see it on TV. XD; Thanks in advance to whoever uploads it.

Imaginary Light
11-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Did anyone see the song? Cheese can't sing 8D LOL

I like when he was all, "Hi, doggies." It was nice seeing some of the minor characters like Bloppypants and JACKIE :jk:

Dragonrider1227
11-22-2007, 08:10 AM
I saw the float. It was cute but I kinda preferred last years. Maybe it's the Beatles fan in me

some guy you dont know
11-22-2007, 08:12 AM
im seeing the float right now. its pretty cool, but i think it was kinda weird with cheese singing. i liked the song though.

Cassini90125
11-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUXT9Wi6Vm4

Watch it before they take it down. 8D

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :frankiesmile:

Shelltoon
11-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Somebody must have messed up my NBC cast, because I didn't get the beginning of the performance. Somebody must have accidentally hit the commercial break button. >.>

Nyo
11-22-2007, 08:38 AM
LMAO Cheese singing xD

Fluffer Nutter's puppet looked a little off >_>

bloonuggets
11-22-2007, 08:58 AM
And I'm sending an e-mail to Candi Milo right now telling her Freddie Mercury was proud of Cheese!

Kootiebirdo
11-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Even though it was Cheese and all, that was still a very cute musical number.:D
Is anybody watching the Foster's marathon right now?

BabyCharmander
11-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Aww, that was cute. XD Bloo looks thoroughly annoyed, though. :P

Who was the other IF on that thing? There was one hanging out one of the windows, it looked like, and they never zoomed in on him.

Hey, Coco's eyes swirl around when she sings... never noticed that. XD

Shelltoon
11-22-2007, 09:57 AM
The guy next to Eduardo? That was our little Bloppy Pants.

Government Man
11-22-2007, 10:24 AM
To anybody who took my advice and watched the CBS version of the parade...

I am so sorry!

Apparently, all the microphones and cameras in the performance area were NBC-only. This meant that the Fosters float went by the screen on CBS in about 10 seconds.

For those of you taping the NBC version, fast-forward to the 2-hour point (11 am) to see the float.

BabyCharmander
11-22-2007, 10:33 AM
The guy next to Eduardo? That was our little Bloppy Pants.

Oooh, that's who it was! I watched the song a second time and saw him when they zoomed in on Ed. %D

Thanks for uploading the video, BTW, Cassini!

Oh, and who were the random guys sitting on the float...?

cartman414
11-22-2007, 12:12 PM
I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK!!!

That had a real Muppet-y feel to it, as did last year's.

Sparky
11-22-2007, 12:20 PM
I uploaded a clip that has both the NBC and CBS versions of the float, but YT is still processing it. Keep an eye on my account (http://youtube.com/profile?user=NeitherSparky) there.

bloonuggets
11-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Cassini90215 beat you to the NBC version, Spark.

antgirl1
11-22-2007, 02:19 PM
Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUXT9Wi6Vm4

Watch it before they take it down. 8D

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :frankiesmile:

At 1:31 It almost looks like Wilt is petting Coco's leafy hair. :D

Amazing, Cheese sounds so much smarter. =P

Sparky
11-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Cassini90215 beat you to the NBC version, Spark.

...I...so? :/ Are you saying I shouldn't have uploaded mine anyways? I really don't care if someone else uploaded one.

edit: Here's the link to mine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNMgCJPC85I)

Bloonan
11-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Wow. I never thought Cheese could sing like that. :p
In some ways, that was a compliment. In another way, I think he sounds funny.

jekylljuice
11-22-2007, 03:48 PM
At 1:31 It almost looks like Wilt is petting Coco's leafy hair. :D

Yep. It came as quite a surprise to be reminded of the great distance between them immediately after.

Anyhow, thanks for uploading those videos, guys. I must admit that it was kind of surreal to hear those words coming so fluently out of Cheese's mouth. I wouldn't have thought he had either the attention span or the vocal articulation to get through that song in full. :cheesegrin:

Bloo2daMacs
11-22-2007, 04:56 PM
If this is to be considered as Cheese telling Bloo something, but singing it, then I thought it was pretty unrealistic. Cheese talking with proper grammar and in full sentences? Nuh uh.

And even if it was him supposed to be singing an actual song to Bloo, he would've at least forgot half of the words and made up some new ones. 8D

Nonetheless, it was pretty amusing. Not as good as last year's, though.

Lynnie
11-22-2007, 07:02 PM
I saw it on both stations, although the CBS airing didn't show it near long enough. I didn't get a chance to see everything there was to see on the float! NBC carried through a few minutes later though. I agree Cheese was out of character, it was kind of weird. I was also weired out a bit that Bloo didn't say anything at all. He usually talks more than Cheese does!

I wish there'd be some humans on the float. If they have it again next year, I hope they have Mac, Frankie and Madame F. on it too. Do you think they should be cartoon characters of themselves, or human? I'd love either way, but must admit I'd love to see human versions of them.

One Radical Dude
11-22-2007, 07:54 PM
I saw it on both stations, although the CBS airing didn't show it near long enough. I didn't get a chance to see everything there was to see on the float! NBC carried through a few minutes later though. I agree Cheese was out of character, it was kind of weird. I was also weired out a bit that Bloo didn't say anything at all. He usually talks more than Cheese does!

I wish there'd be some humans on the float. If they have it again next year, I hope they have Mac, Frankie and Madame F. on it too. Do you think they should be cartoon characters of themselves, or human? I'd love either way, but must admit I'd love to see human versions of them.

Cheese was definitely out of character; however, I thought it was kinda cute. :cheesegrin: Bloo was silent; that bothered me a lot! Come oooooooonnnn!!!! :blooupset:

Honestly, I'd prefer the human characters in cartoon-like form, but maybe it could work out as humanized versions.

ptps
11-23-2007, 05:57 AM
I SCREAMED when I saw that Cheese was singing. XD omg. It was amazing. Not that I paid any attention to the lyrics, I was more focused on the fact that Bloo was squished next to Cheese and that there were new puppets (Khones, F.N, Bloppy Pants... Where the heck was Mac!? He's one of the main characters!) but I CRACKED UP at the random "Hi doggies! Hi kitties!" and "I LYKE CHOKLIT MILK!" during the song XDDD omg. I'll have to post the Macy's Foster's sketches I did while watching this on TV. This year's Foster's float was insanely amazing, I loved it.

WiltsAKGirl17
11-23-2007, 06:37 PM
I watched the parade and saw the float! It was so cute! XD

The parade started at 9 AM in Alaska, and I woke up at about quarter after and skipped the first half hour of the whole thing (due to sleep and getting a shower). We were watching the NBC version because there was less talking and more actual parade. I was watching the parade very carefully for the Foster's float.

When it finally came on, I was so excited! True, Cheese did seem a little... off, but how in-character can you be when you're on a float in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? My dad was watching this whole thing play out and was actually laughing at it!

I loved Cheese's "I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK!!!" at the end. Somehow, I doubt that New york City will ever be the same again... :cheesegrin:

Ricky Fieldmouse
11-25-2007, 01:25 PM
I missed last year's float due to me sleeping in. =/ Thankfully, that didn't happen this time. Maybe next year we could get a balloon. XD

(Also, win for the Pikachu balloon)

Lynnie
11-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Haha, yeah that'd be awesome. A Bloolloon! 8D I like the float though, it's more interactive than a balloon.

Sparky
11-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Needless to say...if there was a balloon it'd very likely be a Cheese one...

Cassini90125
11-25-2007, 11:55 PM

If we find out that that will be the case next year, maybe we should think about hiring a guy who's really skilled with lawn darts. :slybendy:

bloonuggets
11-26-2007, 03:55 AM
Mac balloon anybody?

ptps
11-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Mac balloon anybody?

I want a Mac WITH Bloo balloon. They both are the stars of the show, afterall; it might be a little unfair to showcase only Bloo or Mac. :D

WiltsAKGirl17
11-26-2007, 05:17 PM

If we find out that that will be the case next year, maybe we should think about hiring a guy who's really skilled with lawn darts. :slybendy:

Hee hee... sneaky sneaky, Cassini. If I had a decent arm and the ability to get to the parade... ooh boy. :bendy:

OK, maybe not. But still... come oooooooooohhhhhhhnnnn.

OK< I'm hyper and supposed to be doing homework. Like usual.

Ridureyu
11-26-2007, 11:47 PM
So... Bloo and Cheese singing about being best friends forever...

koosie
11-27-2007, 06:41 AM
So that was Candi Milo singing? Great song sung very well.
Maybe Bloo was too appalled by Cheese's beautifully articulated sentiment to reply himself! I'm sure that's the most likely explanation for his uncharacteristic silence. Nice to see Jackie & Fluffernutter having a nice dance on the float too. Do we still call them supporting characters?

bloonuggets
12-10-2007, 08:33 AM
When I told Ms. Milo that Freddy Mercury had nothing to worry about, she replied:

"No, I like Thanksgiving.

"Bye, doggie!"

:LOL: That is all.

BluebottleFlyer
12-14-2007, 02:51 AM
Checked out the vids of this year's and last year's floats that Sparky made, and they sure do bring a smile to your face.:) Wish they'd show the parade in the UK...in fact, wish they HAD a parade in the UK...

bloonuggets
01-17-2008, 09:17 PM
You think if it returns next year, they could sing "Thank You For Being a Friend" by Andrew Gold? I know, it was The Golden Girls theme, but it fits the float.

Cassini90125
01-17-2008, 09:26 PM
You think if it returns next year, they could sing "Thank You For Being a Friend" by Andrew Gold? I know, it was The Golden Girls theme, but it fits the float.

That's not a bad idea, not bad at all. Fits the show pretty well, too. :)

bloonuggets
01-23-2008, 03:43 AM
It's real scary that Cassini90125 and I are on the same wavelength...

Of course they'll have to cut out a couple lyrics, one about a "car that you lack and it would be a Cadillac" and one about death, because as we all know, in the world of Foster's, IFs don't die.

jekylljuice
01-23-2008, 04:24 AM
Of course they'll have to cut out a couple lyrics, one about a "car that you lack and it would be a Cadillac" and one about death, because as we all know, in the world of Foster's, IFs don't die.

I can think of a certain pizza-shaped imaginary friend who might have something to say about that... :-X

bloonuggets
02-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Terrance not withstanding.

Another ideal song would be Bette Midler's "Friends", don't you think?

BLOOSTER12
03-16-2008, 08:44 PM
does any one know where i can get an mp3 version of it:confused:

Lynnie
11-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Well, I know we weren't expecting it, being the last season and all. We hadn't even heard anything about it until now, but it looks like the float is back for one more year! :up:

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa1/Lynnie_Lyn/Macys.jpg

Courtesy of Macy's Websight (http://www.macys.com/campaign/parade/parade.jsp)

I'll be tuning in again. Just like I do every year. The Macy's parade has been a tradition in my family ever since I was an embryo. :)

Cassini90125
11-03-2008, 06:40 PM
I hope Frankie is part of this year's float. :frankiesmile: Regardless, I'll try to record it and get it up on YouTube for those who miss it, if I can. ;)

Mac-a-lacka
11-03-2008, 09:26 PM
One more year? Awesome. :bloogrin:

I'll be sure to watch it. :)

bloonuggets
11-06-2008, 11:44 AM
It's nice to see that the Smurfs will be part of the parade this year. I'm old enough to remember their TV series in the 1980's.

Invader Bloo
11-18-2008, 04:06 PM
I can't believe Rick Astley is on the Foster's float. Maybe he's on there because CN Rick Roll'd us all & there's going to be more seasons. :D

Or atleast from what I've heard.

Lynnie
11-18-2008, 06:15 PM
What?? I don't believe a word of it. Not to say I don't believe you, IB, I just don't believe wherever it was you heard that. It's got to be some joke someone made up. :P

Where did you hear that, anyway?

taranchula
11-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Yeah IB, it's best not to joke about such matters. :nono:

(Unless you can provide solid evidence, to back what was said.)

One Radical Dude
11-18-2008, 07:06 PM
I can't believe Rick Astley is on the Foster's float. Maybe he's on there because CN Rick Roll'd us all & there's going to be more seasons. :D

Or atleast from what I've heard.

Unless you have any evidence to show us, then it's all hearsay. To be honest with you, I get annoyed when I hear "someone told me this is happening", and there's no trustworthy source provided to back up the story.

Also, there will be no more seasons after this one.

bloonuggets
11-18-2008, 07:15 PM
"I can't believe Rick Astley is on the Foster's float. Maybe he's on there because CN Rick Roll'd us all & there's going to be more seasons. :D

"Or at least from what I've heard."

I did a check on the macy*s parade site, and Rick Astley won't be on there. They officially list "The Cast of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends" on the float.

EDIT: I GOT P\/\/N3D!

jekylljuice
11-19-2008, 03:55 AM
Invader Bloo's attempt of comedy = EPIC FAILURE!

Says Mr. Pot to Mr. Kettle?

(Yes, IB appears to have made an error of judgement here, but I don't think it's really necessary to rub it in like that. I'm no mod of course, it's just my opinion.)

taranchula
11-19-2008, 06:17 AM
Quite true, no reason to be rude.

But still, having ones favorite show come to an end can be a very sensitive subject so it would be best to stay away from jokes that imply that it might be coming back.

So that being said, we should got off this subject and go back to talking about the main topic at hand.

bloonuggets
11-19-2008, 09:28 AM
You know, taranchula, I was waxing sarcastic. The macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade pages doesn't even list Rick Astley as among the performers scheduled to be there. Hence the "epic failure" line. And Invader Bloo, if I offended you at all, I'm sorry.

taranchula
11-19-2008, 11:12 AM
The line between being rude and sarcastic is a very thin one indeed.

Either way it's the kind of thing we could do without, now once again lets move on shall we?

Lynnie
11-19-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm curious to learn what song they'll sing this year. The last two years it had something to do with "friends", so it's probably going to be another one. Maybe "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story, "You've got a Friend" by James Taylor, "Friends are Friends Forever" by Micheal W. Smith, "Best Friend" by Brandy, "That's what Friends are For" by Dionne Warwick and Elton John, or maybe "Lean on Me" by, uh, a whole lot of different people. Or perhaps one of the many other "friend" songs, but I think these are the most popular. I'm sure whatever song it will be though, it will be cute.

I hope some of the humans are on the float this year, that would be so awesome. :) :frankiesmile: :mfoster: :terrsmile:

Cassini90125
11-19-2008, 03:11 PM
I hope some of the humans are on the float this year, that would be so awesome. :) :frankiesmile: :mfoster: :terrsmile:

If I had to pick just one... :frankiesmile:

Looking forward to it either way. ;)

antgirl1
11-19-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm curious to learn what song they'll sing this year. The last two years it had something to do with "friends", so it's probably going to be another one. Maybe "You've Got a Friend in Me" from Toy Story, "You've got a Friend" by James Taylor, "Friends are Friends Forever" by Micheal W. Smith, "Best Friend" by Brandy, "That's what Friends are For" by Dionne Warwick and Elton John, or maybe "Lean on Me" by, uh, a whole lot of different people. Or perhaps one of the many other "friend" songs, but I think these are the most popular. I'm sure whatever song it will be though, it will be cute.

Ooooh, I think that sounds most fitting....:D

jekylljuice
11-19-2008, 11:47 PM

You know, that song was by Carole King originally, though Taylor's version may be the more famous of the two. Forgive me for being so anal about it, it's just that Carole King is one of my favourite female vocalists, so I do like to see her receive a bit of recognition. ;)

"Lean on Me" was originally a hit for Bill Withers in 1972, but it has been covered multiple times since.

EDIT: How about "Friends" by Shalamar? That's another good one.

taranchula
11-20-2008, 03:34 AM
As much as I would like to hear Randy Newman's "You've Got a Friend in Me", one has to remember that it is a Disney song and the chances of it being used for a Time Warner property are very slim indeed.

Now if I could play music director for a moment, how about something from the band WAR?

They could start with "Why Can't We Be Friends?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8

And then follow that up with "Low Rider".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbRAlL2VhMc&feature=related

jekylljuice
11-20-2008, 04:06 AM
As much as I would like to hear Randy Newman's "You've Got a Friend in Me", one has to remember that it is a Disney song and the chances of it being used for a Time Warner property are very slim indeed.

Now if I could play music director for a moment, how about something from the band WAR?

They could start with "Why Can't We Be Friends?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmYLrxR0Y8

Haha! I love that song. Good call, t, I don't know why it didn't occur to me.

And then follow that up with "Low Rider".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbRAlL2VhMc&feature=related

Hmm, now I'm craving some Marmite for some reason...

One song which I would rather that they didn't go with (although it does seem kind of appropirate) would be "I'll Be There For You" by the Rembrandts. Hey, it's a perfectly decent song - I did like it the first two or three times I heard it - just not one which I feel really benefitted from the vast amount of over-exposure it received through being the theme song to Friends for all those years. By the time the 90s were folding, I did feel like I'd been somewhat over-dosed on it. And there were still about four or five seasons of Friends left to go.

Well, whatever they choose, hopefully it won't be another Cheese solo. I did find it a bit far-fetched, last year, the concept of him possessing the attention span to get through that Queen song in its entirety. I think that a collaborative effort from all the cast members would be a much nicer idea.

bloonuggets
11-20-2008, 09:56 AM
I think in a couple older posts, I suggested that they could sing "Thank You For Being a Friend" by Andrew Gold (a/k/a the theme from The Golden Girls) or even Bette Midler's "Friends"...

Invader Bloo
11-20-2008, 05:01 PM
It wasn't humor, I remember hearing that Rick Astley would be on the Foster's float. I guess it was wrong. :(

bloonuggets
11-26-2008, 09:56 AM
Being that this will more than likely be the last time we'll see the float in the parade, as the show is coming to an end, shed no tears for it, thank you very much. I'm sure Cassini will have a video up on YouTube (or ViewTube) tomorrow or Friday...

Sparky
11-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Well, seeing as I have posted a vid of the float every year so far, I will also have one. I just don't know when exactly I can do it, its hard for me as I am responsible for the cooking and entertaining around here.

Cassini90125
11-26-2008, 11:20 PM
My DVR is set to go but I have no idea when I'll have the clip ready for viewing. Early afternoon Eastern time most likely.

Mr_Bloo_Veins
11-27-2008, 06:58 AM
I LIKE RICKROLLING

bloonuggets
11-27-2008, 06:58 AM
Just saw it and the info is in spoiler form:

A deep apology to Deep Bloo for not beleiving him or her.

WE GOT RICK ROLLED!

And who'd thought the theme from the TV series The Courtship of Eddie's Father would have been interrupted.

some guy you dont know
11-27-2008, 07:01 AM
really? the one im watching just now got to the smurf. but i heard from the intro rick astley was gonna be in it.

so he is on the fosters float? or is he somewhere else?

Mr_Bloo_Veins
11-27-2008, 07:12 AM
My dad was in the room while I was watching this. His reaction was priceless.

"WHAT IS DSISH? WHATSH RICKROLLING?"

Cassini90125
11-27-2008, 07:16 AM
I don't know what happened in the parade but sadly my DVR misfired and recorded the wrong channel. I assume I programmed it wrong. My apologies to everyone. :bloosad:

bloonuggets
11-27-2008, 07:41 AM
Hopefully, Sparky will have it up on YouTube (or was it View Tube) soon...

some guy you dont know
11-27-2008, 07:57 AM
yeah, i just saw it. i think it was pretty humourus. ive decided to dub it the "paraderoll."

think about this. the macy's day parade was just rickrolled. i dont know how much more epic this can get.

bloonuggets
11-27-2008, 08:10 AM
This line posted an hour ago on another board:

"RickRolling is so 2005."

And I sent Candi Milo (Cheese's voice) an e-mail citing that "She Loves RickRolling?"

Sparky
11-27-2008, 09:11 AM
If anyone can give me a clue as to about how far into the parade and/or after what other float/performance the Foster's float is it'd help me out.

Cassini90125
11-27-2008, 09:27 AM
I found a clip:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13577_3-10109517-36.html

I no longer feel bad about not recording it. In fact, I'm disgusted that they pulled this stunt. Way to ruin a parade, people. :frankiemad:

Wendi
11-27-2008, 09:46 AM
LMFAO!

I do believe I've been rick roll'd by the foster's float...

oh my god, I'm laughing so hard. XD

Sparky
11-27-2008, 09:49 AM
No one can tell me how far in it comes on? It's 10:50 here.

antgirl1
11-27-2008, 09:49 AM
...So they thought it would be funny to Rick Roll Foster's?

Eh, Foster's is pretty popular. I'm not that surprised that it would get something like that. When something gets popular, parodies (good and bad alike) are gonna happen.

Wendi
11-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Sparky! It's about 55 mins in. : )

Oh gosh, I thought it was really clever and funny!

Sparky
11-27-2008, 10:00 AM
I just got it, I'm editing the file now.

I'd like to know just whose idea that was...GM pointed out that Bloo looked a little pissed, lol.

bloonuggets
11-27-2008, 10:00 AM
And now, something you never seen unless you were in person at the parade...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/NozeNuggets/FostersFloat.jpg

This is the opposite side of the float, and notice Mr. Herriman standing guard as Cheese looks for chocolate milk.

Sparky
11-27-2008, 10:01 AM
That's a lovely picture, thanks. I was just telling GM how Mr H was on the other side.

antgirl1
11-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Mom and I just saw it on TV a few minutes ago, and I explained my distaste to her and how a lot of fans would be offended....after months without reruns, the float being showed only to Rick Roll us...it's like a kick in the shin.

Lynnie
11-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Ok, I didn't even bother to log on until I saw it. Ugh, living on the West Coast has its curses. So I haven't read any of the above comments yet. :P

I was watching the parade since it first started, and when they mentioned Rick as one of the performers, my first thought was "You're kidding me! Could it be...??" So I watched and enjoyed it all. When Buzz Lightyear was flying down the street, I suddenly recognized a very familiar shade of orange behind him. :bloosmirk: Boo-yah!! And then a very comforting song started playing and I was very happy. I stood up from the sofa and cheered. I did, really. 8D

I wasn't fond of the comment that the friends are "invisible", and that Bloo was "discarded", because he's not. Ah well, I never expected NBC to understand everything about the show. I was delighted that they mentioned, though scarcely, the movie tonight. I liked the song Bloo was singing at first, I know it, but can't remember where it's from. I found it annoying how he was interrupted though. However, that "Never Gonna Give You Up" is very fitting, especially between Mac and Bloo, since of course Mac didn't give Bloo up. And despite his unpopularity, I've always liked Rick, and both his more popular songs so I wasn't disgusted at seeing him on the float. I was more disgusted at Cheese coming up and saying "I like Rick Rolling" at the end. ::)

My apologies to IB for not believing you when you first mentioned this was going to happen. :-[

Oh, and I saw a glimpse of Mr. H for the first time (that I recall). That was cool. I've only seen him in the pictures Lauren shared on her blog two years ago, but never on my TV screen.

fosters home fan
11-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Hmm. Maybe I'm not upset I didn't manage to see the float.

taranchula
11-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Well, when you'll all be enjoying your turkey dinners tonight, I'll be helping myself to a different kind of bird, namely a heaping helping of crow.

I am sorry, I honestly did not believe that Rick was going to appear at this parade in any way shape or form, much less on the Foster's float, until I got the video evidence staring itself right in my face.

Invader Bloo, I owe you an apology.

Sorry. :D

jekylljuice
11-27-2008, 11:01 AM
So the whole rickrolling thing really happened then?

*Checks video evidence*

I'm gob-smacked. :o And I tip my hat to your superior foresight, IB.

At the very least, and as Lynnie already pointed out, the song itself is more-or-less appropriate for Mac and Bloo. Although, to echo yet another of Lynnie's points, having Cheese pop up and say that at the end definitely felt like a step too far.

Sparky
11-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Considering the number of people watching who have no idea of what "Rick Roll'ing" even is, it was either essential as an explanation or just adding further to the confusion...

bloonuggets
11-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Since someone asked:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/rickrollled

And here's a better version of the incident fromYouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bfNgekJG4M

fosters home fan
11-27-2008, 11:46 AM
I see the clip is from NBC. Hmm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickrolled

Heh, Rickroll. It's another Internet meme.

jekylljuice
11-27-2008, 11:47 AM
And here's a better version of the incident fromYouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bfNgekJG4M

Thanks.

The aborted song which Bloo was singing was "Best Friend" by Harry Nilsson. I can make it out better in that video.

fosters home fan
11-27-2008, 11:51 AM
The aborted song which Bloo was singing was "Best Friend" by Harry Nilsson. I can make it out better in that video.

Is that the song they used last year??

jekylljuice
11-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Is that the song they used last year??

No, that was "You're My Best Friend" by Queen.

some guy you dont know
11-27-2008, 11:58 AM
I remember hearing that song in an episode of that 70s show once, but not otherwise. actually a pretty good song.

I'm starting to think that cheese saying what he said was pointless. the people who know what rickrolling is wouldnt need to be told, and those who dont probably wouldnt get it anyway.

and i suppose "never gonna give you up" would fit for mac and bloo. but i always thought it was a love song. I dont think mac and bloo love each other that way (well, unless you read fanfics, but i digress.)

jekylljuice
11-27-2008, 12:10 PM
I remember hearing that song in an episode of that 70s show once, but not otherwise. actually a pretty good song.

I'm starting to think that cheese saying what he said was pointless. the people who know what rickrolling is wouldnt need to be told, and those who dont probably wouldnt get it anyway.

and i suppose "never gonna give you up" would fit for mac and bloo. but i always thought it was a love song. I dont think mac and bloo love each other that way (well, unless you read fanfics, but i digress.)

70s Show? Isn't it an 80s song? Not that I'm particularly familiar with That 70s Show or how it works or anything...

I might get bricked for saying it, but I actually do rather like the song. I had it on a compilation CD long before this whole rickrolling thing caught on.

As for the love song thing - my guess is that's how the lyrics were originally intended, but you could just as easily interpret them as being about platonic love, if the scenario calls.

Creamy
11-27-2008, 12:12 PM
LOL, that was the greatest! 8D
"I LIKE RICKROLLING" :cheesegrin:
Also, that's probably the last time the voice actors get to do the fosters voices :(, so I guess that was their way of finishing with a bang....and it seems they certainly did, to think, the whole majority of America was watching that :clap:
Also, I don't know why, but the whole things simply hilarious, and the song at the begining was done in a silly "yeah this is the song ;))" kind of way, you just get into it then *ZIIIIIIP* Rick Astley jumps out from behind the float! I don't think I'm going to get over this in a long time :bloogrin:

Also, did anyone notice how Bloo's voice at the beggining sounded kinda like it used to in the early seasons? Lol, Bloo pretty peeved at the end "Way to inturupt my song like that, Rick Astley :madbloo:"

WestBunny:3
11-27-2008, 12:48 PM
I would have loved to see that in Bloo Tube
Bloo's perfect revenge :bloogrin:

jekylljuice
11-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Was the Bloppy Pants puppet on the float this year? I couldn't see him anywhere. Nice to see Fluffer Nutter and Jackie Khones again, though.

One Radical Dude
11-27-2008, 01:18 PM
I want to apologize to IB for doubting him on Rick Astley appearing. I really didn't believe it at the time. I guess we got Rickrolled. :cheesegrin: Blooregard looked really hot (:madbloo:) at the end.

Sparky
11-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Btw I did upload a copy to YT but its still processing. In my experience vids take a very long time to show up on the site. But I'm sure it will be there within the next few hours. :P

bloonuggets
11-27-2008, 02:59 PM
And for the record, the song "Best Friend" was the theme of the TV series The Courtship of Eddie's Father. The rights to that show, which was produced by Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer are now owned by TimeWarner from Ted Turner's purchase of the pre-1986 MGM movie and TV library.

Kootiebirdo
11-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Ehhh... I thought the whole Rickrolling thing was kinda cute. Whether it fits the context of the show or not doesn't really matter that much to me.

I have to agree though that what Cheese said was kinda ::).

Bloo2daMacs
11-27-2008, 05:57 PM
I am a little ticked off about that. I was actually looking forward to a song. :wiltyeahright:

lucyrocks73
11-27-2008, 06:55 PM
I didn't get to see much of the parade (I taped it, though- one of my friends was in the Great American Band), but I clicked on the TV at 11 am for about five minutes, and lo and behold, there was Foster's!

I was so happy I got to see it! It's on tape, too. My parents, 80s freaks they are, were REALLY into it. It's always been "Yeah, so, my sixteen-year-old likes that weird show on Cartoon Network with the imaginary friends," so I was just happy they were into it.

-Marty :goo:

bloonuggets
11-27-2008, 07:59 PM
So the Rickrolling was followed by an excellent episode tonight.

The story made up for a bad event.

niagarafeline
11-27-2008, 08:07 PM
I was actually there at the parade today (benefits of livin' in the Big Apple) and was dying of anticipation for the Foster's float. When it finally came and Bloo started singing, I breathed a sigh of relief and started to lightly bounce side to side to the song.

But when I heard the first notes of 'Never Gonna Give You Up' and saw Rick Astley himself come out, I bursted into LOUD laughter - so loud that the people all around me turned and gave me a bit of a dirty look. Tsch, screw them! I started dancing to the song, because I absolutely ADORE it. After that, I could hardly concentrate on the rest of the parade, except when Santa came out, of course :bloogrin:.

11/27/08 - The day Foster's and Rick Astley rickroll'd AMERICA. EPIC WIN.

I honestly don't understand why some of you were disappointed, frustrated, or angered by the rickroll. Not only did I think it was awesome, I found it to be the highlight of the parade. But I guess that's just me.

Cassini90125
11-27-2008, 08:10 PM
11/27/08 - The day Foster's and Rick Astley rickroll'd AMERICA. EPIC WIN.

Not for some of us. :P

Sparky
11-27-2008, 09:30 PM
-_- So I started uploading my float vid just after 11 am. It's 10:30 pm and it was STILL uploading. So I went and reprocessed the file as a wmv instead of an avi and submitted it again. It went through in like two minutes. :jk: Oh well so here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEc1aGQoiGE) it is. (The avi probably would have looked better.)

Shelltoon
11-27-2008, 10:04 PM
I honestly don't understand why some of you were disappointed, frustrated, or angered by the rickroll. Not only did I think it was awesome, I found it to be the highlight of the parade. But I guess that's just me.
I don't either. I bursted out laughing when it happened. Though I think if Rick Astley would have dressed up like Mac, it'd be even funnier. It'd be a surprise... Mac getting back at Bloo after all those times. XD

jekylljuice
11-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Me, I wasn't disgusted at all. I definitely preferred it to last year's musical performance (which was a case of great choice of song, questionable decision to have Cheese sing the entire thing, for more reasons than one).

taranchula
11-28-2008, 06:22 AM
Put me down in the "I liked it" column, it's kind of fitting that a show that had not one but two episodes about Internet memes (IE World Wide Wabbit and Blootube) would partake in a stunt like this. It proves some one in the Astley, Macy's or Cartoon Network camp did their homework. (Though boo on the announcer for almost spoiling it when he said something like "If they're not careful, the gang could be joined by a surprise musical guest".)

And speaking of which I think that something like this could be more or less the end of Rickrolling, because as World Wide Wabbit taught us. The joke more or less ceases to be funny when the subject of said joke is officially in on it.

Invader Bloo
11-28-2008, 07:17 AM
What'd I tell you!? We got Rick Rolled!

bloonuggets
11-28-2008, 07:30 AM
Invader Bloo, I'm not the first to say "You told us so..."

But "You told us so."

Ridureyu
11-28-2008, 12:23 PM
We got Rickrolled!

One Radical Dude
11-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Put me down in the "I liked it" column, it's kind of fitting that a show that had not one but two episodes about Internet memes (IE World Wide Wabbit and Blootube) would partake in a stunt like this. It proves some one in the Astley, Macy's or Cartoon Network camp did their homework. (Though boo on the announcer for almost spoiling it when he said something like "If they're not careful, the gang could be joined by a surprise musical guest".)

And speaking of which I think that something like this could be more or less the end of Rickrolling, because as World Wide Wabbit taught us. The joke more or less ceases to be funny when the subject of said joke is officially in on it.

I can't disagree with ya there. Love it or not, it was a very interesting move to have Rick Astley appear on the Foster's float.

Imaginary Light
11-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Loved the float or hated the float, everyone seems to be talking about it. If I had a nickel for everytime I read something today that went along the lines of "lol America was rick roll'd by the Foster's float!"...well...I'd be rich?

I, personally, thought it was hilarious. My initial reaction was: :wiltshock:, then: 8D. I don't know; I think it was pretty epic that we got rick roll'd, by Rick Astley himself, on the Foster's float no less. And the float is getting a lot of publicity because of it. That's always a plus, right?

Lynnie
11-28-2008, 07:29 PM
At seeing Astley in the opening credits, I figured the rumor was true. So I expected him to make an appearance. Especially after the announcers kind of gave the "surprise" away. I was just irritated at how they interrupted Bloo's song. Oh well. Despite what people say, I've always liked Rick, so he's cool with me.

Turns out the "rumor" was first leaked out at his fan sight. And from there it spread, no doubt eventually to the point where it was hard to give a reference to the info any more. Again my apologies to IB for not believing him at first.

And here's an interesting article (http://www.accessatlanta.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/accessatlanta/radiotalk/entries/2008/11/27/1127_youve_been.html) I found.

“Our marketing group came up with it,” Cartoon Network spokesman Joe Swaney told me on Thanksgiving. “The Rick Astley song is about friendship, which fit with our characters. We asked if he was available. He liked the idea. We flew him in from England.”

Swaney admits that a good portion of the viewers probably had no idea why Astley was there, but “We figured, let’s let it play out. If anybody picks up on it, that’s great. Besides, there are always celebrities singing on floats. I think it’s hilarious.”

koosie
11-29-2008, 05:02 AM
Hey that was good. I'm sure Harry Nilsson would have been fine with it too. Now I'd never really liked the song (pretty much identical to ' I should be so lucky' but sung in a deeper voice) but it was definately appropriate on several levels and by all accounts Rick Astley is a really lovely guy who sensibly got out of the fame game before he got bored of it. It was nice to see him again and he doesn't seem to have changed at all in all those years. I take it that's the last time they'll be a Fosters float for the parade? Who gets the big house?

Anyway as much as I enjoyed it I wouldn't be sorry if that's the last I ever hear of Rickrolling. Maybe giving up isn't so bad?

Carlaz
11-29-2008, 08:49 AM
So the whole rickrolling thing really happened then?

*Checks video evidence*

I'm gob-smacked. :o And I tip my hat to your superior foresight, IB.

At the very least, and as Lynnie already pointed out, the song itself is more-or-less appropriate for Mac and Bloo. Although, to echo yet another of Lynnie's points, having Cheese pop up and say that at the end definitely felt like a step too far.

Very nicely stated jekylljuice! My sentiments exactly on this rickrolling 'thing'. :(

jekylljuice
11-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Very nicely stated jekylljuice! My sentiments exactly on this rickrolling 'thing'. :(

Thank you, though I fear you may be misreading me. I do actually look quite favourably upon this event myself (Cheese's final proclamation notwithstanding). The "at the very least" in my statement was intended to be of consolation for those who weren't so enthused about it, rather than a reflection of my own feelings, though with hindsight that probably wasn't so obvious. Oh well.

Foster's Geek 287
11-29-2008, 04:17 PM
I lol'd. I rickroll my dad all the time.
This proves how epic Foster's is.

Invader Bloo
11-30-2008, 03:19 PM
I accept any apologies.

L.G.
11-30-2008, 08:10 PM
I am a little ticked off about that. I was actually looking forward to a song. :wiltyeahright:You're not the only one feeling that way. When the 'real' song was interrupted by "Never Gonna Give You Up", my initial reaction was, 'What?? Is this really happening?' Once reality sank in, I was saying to myself, 'Oh no no no. Of all the floats to rickroll, why Foster's?' (even if "Never Gonna Give You Up" was somewhat appropriate)

Me, I wasn't disgusted at all. I definitely preferred it to last year's musical performance (which was a case of great choice of song, questionable decision to have Cheese sing the entire thing, for more reasons than one).Who do you think should have sang "You're My Best Friend?" instead?

Luminouslolly
11-30-2008, 10:00 PM
I kinda wish it had been a different float that Roll'd us than Foster's, just because I love hearing Bloo sing! It was very epic, though, to be "Foster Rolled" as I like to call it.

Ironically, "Never Gonna Give You Up" will be an obsolete theme for FHFIF considering the title of the last ep....But, *shrugs* only the future will tell....

jekylljuice
12-01-2008, 01:58 AM
Who do you think should have sang "You're My Best Friend?" instead?

Basically, not Cheese. His vocal capabilities aside, it was so out-of-character, and yet another example of the external promotion's tendency to portray Cheese as being at the very centre of the Foster's universe, when he barely shows up at all. On top of everything else, does Cheese even consider Bloo to be his best friend? They don't exactly hang out together very often. I would hope that Louise has that honour.

taranchula
12-01-2008, 04:47 AM
Basically, not Cheese. His vocal capabilities aside, it was so out-of-character, and yet another example of the external promotion's tendency to portray Cheese as being at the very centre of the Foster's universe, when he barely shows up at all. On top of everything else, does Cheese even consider Bloo to be his best friend? They don't exactly hang out together very often. I would hope that Louise has that honour.

Well if given what transpires in any Cheese centric episode to be the norm it appears that he and Louise don't hang around very much either. Case in point Cheese a Go Go: where Louise lets him wander around the town all willy nilly with no earthly clue where he goes and what he does and whose lives he ruins in the process. (Okay the third one was a wee bit over dramatic, but the point remains the same.) :P

jekylljuice
12-01-2008, 06:35 AM
Well if given what transpires in any Cheese centric episode to be the norm it appears that he and Louise don't hang around very much either. Case in point Cheese a Go Go: where Louise lets him wander around the town all willy nilly with no earthly clue where he goes and what he does and whose lives he ruins in the process. (Okay the third one was a wee bit over dramatic, but the point remains the same.) :P

Well, Cheese does have a tendency to go off on his own little tangents, which is usually how he winds up crossing paths with the Foster's gang, I'll give you that - but the ending of "Mac Daddy" would suggest to me that Cheese and Louise do share a pretty special and unique bond nonetheless, and he definitely seems to have more of a kinship with her than he does with Bloo. She is his creator after all. And my own original point remains the same too - that the whole BlooCheese aspect of the show has been severely overhyped and over-represented, but hey, we've discussed that ample times already in numerous other threads and we're probably getting far enough off-topic here as it is. So I'll simply conclude by saying that I like Rick Astley somewhat more than I do Cheese. It's just a personal preference.

Lynnie
12-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Ya know, I think I enjoyed Astley singing over Cheese singing last year, too. I was annoyed at not hearing the rest of Bloo's song, but I agree with you JJ, Astley singing is far better than Cheese singing. That was just weird last year. :P At least this one was very creative and original.

Chaos Wielder
12-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I'm a little late, but I got a good laugh out of the float this year! Sadly, I was the only one who got it. My dad was sitting there with me and he was like "What the heck is a 'Rickroll'?" XD

lucyrocks73
12-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Came back from Thanksgiving break, and everyone kept talking about this. Mostly because I am my school's resident Foster's fan.

I came home and had nine Rick roll e-mails.

Ha.

-Marty :goo:

bloonuggets
12-11-2008, 05:44 AM
In defense of last year's singing by Cheese (Candi Milo), Ms. Milo is in fact a very talented singer in her own right. She performed on cruise ships early in her career as a performer.

Other than that, no objections.

jekylljuice
12-11-2008, 08:03 AM
In defense of last year's singing by Cheese (Candi Milo), Ms. Milo is in fact a very talented singer in her own right. She performed on cruise ships early in her career as a performer.

Other than that, no objections.

It wasn't intended as a knock against Candi Milo. I'm completely aware that she was singing in character as Cheese.

Lynnie
12-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Do we even know for sure that the show's voice cast supplied the voices for the float? It may just be due to different equipment and a different environment, but I personally didn't think any of the voices sounded like they do on TV. I always figured Macy's got different voice actors with similar voices to do the float voices.

Chaos Wielder
12-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Do we even know for sure that the show's voice cast supplied the voices for the float? It may just be due to different equipment and a different environment, but I personally didn't think any of the voices sounded like they do on TV. I always figured Macy's got different voice actors with similar voices to do the float voices.

Good question and I was wondering about that myself. Personally, I thought the voices sounded pretty CLOSE to how they do on tv, but there was just still something a bit off that I could never explain for some reason. Either the float uses different sound equipment or it could be different VAs, like you said. I'm really not sure. Does anyone else have any idea? :-/

taranchula
12-12-2008, 07:35 PM
I believe it's the original VA's. The reason why they might sound a bit off, is because I would imagine it would be hard to sound pitch perfect when your performance is coming out of a loudspeaker system and played over the other sound/music in the parade and the collective voices of thousand upon thousand of screaming spectators.

L.G.
12-20-2008, 09:25 AM

Anybody but Cheese, LOL. Good one. Personally, I think Mac or Frankie could've sang the song. Either Mac would sing about Bloo, or Frankie would sing about all the imaginary friends at Foster's. I don't know if either option would've been feasible or not.

Lynnie
11-07-2009, 12:05 AM
I expect someone will be asking this soon, so we may as well post this now.

Nope, Foster's isn't a part of the parade this year. We weren't expecting it to be since the show ended last spring. Although I for one was hopeful they'd still have the float in the parade one more year. But it's not listed this year in the lineup. It's very sad. :bloosad: But that's the way of it.

From what I can see, there really isn't anything at all new this year. I can safely say I have little interest in watching this year, other than just having it on in the background. That will be a little odd after watching the parade so intently the last three years waiting patiently for the float to show up.

For anyone who wants to check the lineup, here's (http://social.macys.com/parade2009/) the 2009 sight. Click on Parade Information on the upper right hand corner, and then Parade line-up. ;)

Cassini90125
11-07-2009, 12:12 AM
I expect someone will be asking this soon, so we may as well post this now.

Nope, Foster's isn't a part of the parade this year. We weren't expecting it to be since the show ended last spring. Although I for one was hopeful they'd still have the float in the parade one more year. But it's not listed this year in the lineup. It's very sad. :bloosad: But that's the way of it.

On the bright side, at least they won't get rick-rolled. :frankiemad:

antgirl1
11-07-2009, 09:31 AM
See there, Lynnie? There's a bright side to everything. 8D

(Whoever gets the joke gets a cookie. :D)

Furthermore, we could just replay the one with the Beatles song...that was the best...=]

One Radical Dude
11-08-2009, 08:28 PM
It will be empty without the FHFIF float, though I wasn't surprised at all to learn that it won't be there for the 2009 parade. I heard that it was to appear for three years (2006 through 2008) in the first place. Ah, well. It was great while it lasted.

Invader Bloo
11-18-2009, 06:13 PM
*Sad Hulk song plays*

Sparky
09-11-2013, 11:32 AM
For some reason my video of the 2008 Foster's float (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEc1aGQoiGE) (the Rick-Roll one) has become very popular on YouTube lately. I'm getting waves of comments. I wonder why, it must have been linked to somewhere?