PDA

View Full Version : Signs You've Watched a Little Too Much Foster's...

WiltsAKGirl17
11-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Here's a fun question: How do you know when you've watched a little too much Foster's?

Here are some ideas to get you started:

When ever you make macaroni and cheese, you think of... well... :) and :cheesegrin:

Okay, idea: singular. I'm sure someone can think up something better than that.

Have fun!

P.S. I'm guilty of the one I mentioned-- did it last night.

Shelltoon
11-15-2007, 12:22 PM
You know you've been watching too much Foster's when you grab the nearest drink and shout "I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK!"

BabyCharmander
11-15-2007, 12:50 PM
You know you watch too much Foster's when commonplace items remind you of characters. Paddleballs remind you of Bloo, plastic eggs remind you of Coco, potatoes remind you of Eduardo, and those little plastic googly-eyes (the ones you see in arts n' crafts stores) remind you of Wilt.

pitbulllady
11-15-2007, 01:43 PM
When you actually contemplate having a big, blue # 1 painted on the hood of your bright red car, you've probably watched too much Foster's.

When you see a nice-looking guy wearing a sharp outfit, and you think, "man, those clothes would really look good on Wilt", you've probably watched a little bit too much Foster's.

When you accidentally and completely unintentionaly refer to the very-large and very-arachnophobic fourth-grade teacher down the hall as "Mrs. Eduardo" when she runs out of her own classroom shrieking like a Banshee because she discovered a small moulted spider SKIN behind a book on a shelf, you KNOW you've watched too much Foster's!

pitbulllady

BabyCharmander
11-15-2007, 01:58 PM
A certain shade of blue reminds you of a certain Bloo character. :bloocross: (Happened to me JUST now. XD)

Bloonan
11-15-2007, 02:05 PM
You know you watch too much FHIF when your mom asks you to do something, and out of nowhere you go "Frankie'll take care of it..."

Nem
11-15-2007, 02:28 PM
When you actually contemplate having a big, blue # 1 painted on the hood of your bright red car, you've probably watched too much Foster's.

I'd do that XD But my car is green, so it wouldn't work out too well =P

For me though, I'm contemplating getting either a #1 tattoo, or maybe just a tattoo of Wilt, or perhaps Bloo =D

Also, you know you've watched too much Foster's when you go out to your car and find a Bloo plush chilling in the back seat =P (Which is where my Bloo plush is currently located)

Cassini90125
11-15-2007, 02:31 PM
When you describe Frankie so vividly that people think she's real. :-*

I've also complained, half-jokingly, about Hallmark not having a line of birthday cards specifically for your favorite cartoon characters. :bloocross:

Lynnie
11-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Every time you hear the word "blue" you add "regard", at least mentally.

Big belt buckles remind you of Eduardo.

Every time you hear the term "Punk Rock" you say "I'm punk rock!"

You compare random people you see on the street to people involved with the show <-- totally did that today, lol!

And I too occasionally check out the card and sticker section of the local grocery stores and Target hoping to finally spot something related to Fosters. I do it on EVERY visit.

BluebottleFlyer
11-16-2007, 03:32 AM
Argh, this is a lame one...when you see an advert for Foster's beer, and you think of FHFIF instead, you've seen too much Foster's.

When you see a bottle of Chanel perfume in the shop, and you remember that Chanel's first name was Coco...I think you can guess what I mean, heh.

When you hear a song by a band called Wilt, and you think of the Wilt-Man singing it (this one's happened, I have a song called 'Distortion' by a band called Wilt), you've seen too much Foster's.

When you try to unsuccessfully imitate Bloo's insane levels of screaming, you've seen too much Foster's.

Cassini90125
11-16-2007, 06:24 AM
And I too occasionally check out the card and sticker section of the local grocery stores and Target hoping to finally spot something related to Fosters. I do it on EVERY visit.

Uh, I mean for the characters, like they have cards specifically to give to your father or daughter or wife, etc. :frankiesmile:

WiltsAKGirl17
11-16-2007, 11:01 AM
OK, I have a new one!

You buy and old VW bus and paint it like the Foster's bus and have ABSOLUTELY no shame in driving it around. Even though it embarasses your (pick any of the following) friends, parents, spouse/significant other, kids, etc. ;)

Ridureyu
11-16-2007, 02:56 PM
OK, I have a new one!

You buy and old VW bus and paint it like the Foster's bus and have ABSOLUTELY no shame in driving it around. Even though it embarasses your (pick any of the following) friends, parents, spouse/significant other, kids, etc. ;)

Do not drive it around a school. You will get arrested.

x_dummkoff_x
11-16-2007, 04:11 PM
if you go to spell "blue" but put "bloo" instead.
that's happened to me SO many times.

One Radical Dude
11-16-2007, 07:04 PM

I've done that a few times! You can blame this show for that. 8D

Wendi
11-16-2007, 07:58 PM
LOL! once bloo said something like "super awesome pen"
and I always say things like "Super awesome tree." in a mumble voice like he did. most of the time, and don't even remember it's from fosters. lmao. it just kinda grew on my again.

super awesome topic... XD

YuckieDuck
11-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Argh, this is a lame one...when you see an advert for Foster's beer, and you think of FHFIF instead, you've seen too much Foster's.

Actually that happens to me every time. 8D

Subzeroace
11-17-2007, 12:46 PM

You and me both XD 8D

Cassini90125
11-17-2007, 01:55 PM

Same here. 8D

Slightly off-topic; you know you spend too much time on the Forum when you go to send an email and you're momentarily confused when you can't find the smilies. :bloocross:

Foster's Geek 287
11-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Sadly, I do most of these. :D

Diamond Duchess
11-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Well, when one sees a Sonic commercial for fried Mac and Cheese fritters and immediately thinks of Mac and Cheese, then I've been watching too much Fosters. There, I said it.

I also think of Coco whenever I see anything Chanel.

bloonuggets
11-21-2007, 08:57 AM
When you see kumkwats, and you just couldn't resist saying it the way Wilt said it in "Schlock Star."

Nyo
11-25-2007, 03:51 PM
Today when I went out shopping, I saw some teen dude wearing green clothes trying to flirt with a teen girl wearing bright pink clothes.

I was reminded of Jackie/FN so much xD

WiltsAKGirl17
11-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Whenever you hear cheese you think of, well... :cheese:

I'm so guilty of this. At SubWay, whenever I ask someone what type of cheese they'd like on their sandwich, I'll occassionally think of the little yellow pain in the rear. (And nonw of the cheeses are yellow, since we discontinued cheddar a looong time ago...)

Cassini90125
11-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Bleh, I do that, too. I hope they never come up with a similar character and call him "Ham". :cheesegrin:

Subway really ought to bring back the cheddar, by the way.

nding
11-27-2007, 06:25 AM
last night I had trouble sleeping because I had the Designer Jeans song stuck in my head:-[

WiltsAKGirl17
11-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Bleh, I do that, too. I hope they never come up with a similar character and call him "Ham". :cheesegrin:

Subway really ought to bring back the cheddar, by the way.

Do you honestly think I have that kind of power? Although it would be nice, considering that it would save me from having to explain to people that we don't have cheddar, we discontinued it before I started working there and I don't know why it was discontinued.

OK, since I wasted cyberspace with my cheddar rant...

You know you've watched a little too much Foster's when you call the uppity, annoying person at your school, job, whatever, Mr. Herriman. (:herriman:)

When you trick your friends into saying Foster's quotes. I did this today at lunch. My friend Lauren was goofing off and said something with a cheesy fake French accent, a la Bloo in FGTE. I told her, "Now say, 'I am Pierre! I put the ducks in Crystal Pond!'"

And she did it.

I started laughing my butt off (ME: 8D) and told her where that came from and she rolled her eyes. I tried to get her to do it again, but she didn't do the accent. Eh, it was good while it lasted.

Nem
11-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Subway in Oregon has cheddar :[ It's a pain trying to find one with swiss cheese though haha!

On my way to and from work, if I take the I-205 freeway, I go past Foster Road, which obviously reminds me of Foster's Home...it even kind of rhymes, now that I think about it.

BabyCharmander
11-29-2007, 03:36 AM
AAAGH. It's 1000 times easier for me to get distracted when doing my devotions now because whenever I read the word "wilt" it throws me off. @_x (Er, "wilt" as in the phrase "wilt thou do this?" and the like, which appears in the Bible a LOT.) It really throws me off when it's at the beginning of a sentence and is capitalized. XD;

Mac_Attack
11-29-2007, 04:03 AM
I've done quite a few of the things you all have posted :)

You know you've been watching a little too much FHFIF if you sleep under the bed so that your room mate can have the bottom bunk.

TB
11-29-2007, 05:59 AM
I've done quite a few of the things you all have posted :)

You know you've been watching a little too much FHFIF if you sleep under the bed so that your room mate can have the bottom bunk.

Haha I would totally do this, if not for my stupid fears of insectos. :-[

BabyCharmander
11-29-2007, 12:35 PM
I actually HAVE slept underneath my bed once to hide from my little sister. XD It wasn't so horrible, actually.

bloonuggets
12-25-2007, 11:58 PM
You drink Hot Cocoa and think to yourself "You want any juice?"

Bloonan
12-27-2007, 11:12 AM
You buy a large quartz of some sort, and then accidentally call it a magic potato.

Fomalhaut
12-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Well, a few ones from a wannabe writer:

- You begin a new novel, and try desperately not to link it to Foster's in ANY possible way...
-...but in the end you give up, and give the main character the second name "Foster"...
-...but you can't stop, and name the evil guy Terrence...
-...and in the end call a squirrel Sparky.

<-I've done ALL of these. Will notice you if an editor buys the book.

Ridureyu
12-29-2007, 10:30 AM
You're a hot toe-picker from Spokane.

WiltsAKGirl17
01-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Completely random characters on TV shows remind you of Foster's characters.

This happened last night-- I was watching Emergency!, the old paramedic show from the 70's, with my parents last night and they answered a call with a little boy who'd passed out on the school playground or something. The little kid in question had an afro sort of thing and I swear, my first thought was, "Hey, it's Jordan!" I think I need some help... :weirded:

antgirl1
01-15-2008, 03:12 PM
You say "There's no such thing as too much Foster's!".

some guy you dont know
01-15-2008, 03:38 PM
You say "There's no such thing as too much Foster's!".

you know, i was about to say that myself :P

Ridureyu
01-16-2008, 02:53 PM
You know you've watched too much Foster's when you see absolutely nothing strange or unusual about this picture:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/Ridureyu/mugen/sasquatchhauzer.png

pitbulllady
01-16-2008, 03:08 PM
It's an Extremasaur battle!
I gotta worry about the kid who imagined that one on the left, though...and to think that we all thought the Urinal Extremasaur was bad!

pitbulllady

Ridureyu
01-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Actually, since that was an AI vs AI match, the Sasquatch won.

Just to clear thigns up:

Program: MUGEN (custom fighting game program)

Sasquatch is from Darkstalkers

Hauzer (the kung-fu dinosaur) is from Red Earth/Warzard

The airplane is from Double Dragon Neo-Geo (which had very little Double Dragon in it).

bloonuggets
01-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Back on topic.

You know you've watched way too much Foster's when when you think of certain songs by British rock groups which has the words "friend" or "friends" in it and think back to Thanksgiving Day. In New York City.

Or you hear Def Leppard singing "Pour Some Sugar On Mac!"

Ridureyu
01-17-2008, 08:12 PM
When you think Pac-Man ripped off Bloo.

taranchula
01-17-2008, 08:31 PM
When you think Pac-Man ripped off Bloo.

Actually when I saw the very first ad for Foster's that aired on Canadian TV, and saw Bloo's image in the very first frame, I honestly thought that Foster's was a new cartoon based on Pac-Man. True story...

So basically my first thoughts about Foster's went something like..."Hey all right a Pac-Man cartoon...wait a second where is Pac-Man?..and who is this weird headed kid? Okay so this isn't about Pac-Man after all, but that blue thing looks too much like a Pac-Man ghost that they have to make the obvious comparison..." (Little did I know at the time, that my last statement already came to pass.)

WiltsAKGirl17
01-18-2008, 10:55 AM
When you hear the words "cheese" and "crackers" in the same sentence, you (willingly or not) think of Cheese terrorizing poor Crackers.

I'm guilty of this-- just this morning in fact. What I thought of was cheese on crackers, like the snack, and what I got was Cheese sitting on top of Crackers for whatever reason. Poor, poor Crackers...

Lynnie
01-20-2008, 07:22 PM
When you are studing for your history exam and you can't remember anything about the subject, so five minutes before it starts, you change all the true characters for the Foster's characters, so you now remember absolutely everything (if you are still attending school, and a certain subject seems difficult to you, just try it. It really works! :D).

LOL, oh my word, that is pure genius!

You know you've watched a little too much Foster's when you see one of your co-workers, who happens to have her hair dyed red, come into work wearing a green hoodie and a dark blue t-shirt that hangs low over her hips like a skirt, and think "Wow, it's Frankie!" She had black pants on, but the red hair, green hoodie, and the dark blue (almost violet) shirt were just.. perfect. :frankiesmile:

Scrawffler
01-26-2008, 04:07 AM
You know you've watched a little too much Foster's when you see one of your co-workers, who happens to have her hair dyed red, come into work wearing a green hoodie and a dark blue t-shirt that hangs low over her hips like a skirt, and think "Wow, it's Frankie!"
Haha, a similar thing happened to me when someone in my college class dyed her hair red and came in wearing a hoodie. That was enough to remind me of Frankie (well, her hairstyle was quite similar anyway) :frankiesmile:

You know you've watched too much Foster's when you cannot hear the word "mac" without being instantly reminded of Mac.
-This one happens to me whenever someone mentions either an anorak - and calls it a rain mac - or even a mac computer. Also, if someone mentions mac and cheese I'm always reminded of that famous line... well, you know 8D

You know you've watched too much Foster's when you start thinking the characters are a rip-off of people you know in real life.
-Happened to me twice. My brother is a lot like Wilt; he says sorry a lot, can play basketball pretty well (not that he plays it often, but is good when he does) and is... freakishly tall. (don't worry, he seems to be proud of being tall so that won't offend him :D) Also, my rabbit is similar to Coco. She doesn't mind eating things that aren't edible, can't seem to blink with both eyes at the same time, always runs around crazily... and let's not forget that her name is Coco too! (I was already a fan of Foster's when I got her, but didn't know what her personality was like when I named her, I called her Coco because her fur is a mixture of different shades of brown).

bloonuggets
02-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Or you know you've watched too much Foster's when you've walked by one of those vending machines with the chicken and the toy eggs inside and thought "Coco?"

Lynnie
02-03-2008, 07:24 PM
You know you're obsessed with Foster's when your system pin at work expires, and when you think up a new one, it's the date that Foster's first aired! Nope, no chance of me forgetting this one. :bloosmirk:

Matsoo
02-04-2008, 11:23 PM
When you actually use an hour making your Bloo GIF animation. (Guilty)

Cassini90125
02-05-2008, 01:43 AM
Guilty as well, and still working on the dang thing. :cheesegrin: 8-)

WiltsAKGirl17
02-05-2008, 07:43 PM
When someone asks you what the weather is, you tell them one of two things: "Showers in Spokane..." or "Hot in Toe-peeeeee-kaaaaaahhh..."

I did this same basic thing yesterday. In a world studies class I'm taking this semester, we have to record five news stories per class day. I was working on Monday's entries and I was stuck on #5. My stepmom, trying to help me out, said, "Weather's always news."

My response: * Laughs * Yeah, sure. Mimics writing on my paper Showers in Spokane. Hot in Toe-peeeee-kaaaah.

Needless to say, my parents didn't get it but I found it rather amusing. 8D :D

Ub3rD4n
02-06-2008, 12:02 AM
When you see a set of bunk beds and think "That's just like Mac's!"

Cassini90125
02-06-2008, 06:46 AM
When you go to a pet store and you picture all the rabbits wearing top hats and monocles. :herriman:

WiltsAKGirl17
02-10-2008, 07:29 PM
The following quote from The Simpsons Movie makes you wince a little. Or highly amuses you-- take your pick:

Lisa is telling Marge about the boy she has a crush on Ooh, I still didn't tell you the best part: He's not imaginary!

Guilty as charged.

Please forgive the double post, but I have one that if I don't put out there I'll go truly insane.

Whenever you see Good Will Hunting, you think, "Neat, Good Wilt-- wait. Never mind..." :(

Guilty. As. Sin.

Lynnie
02-16-2008, 10:12 PM
I've totally done that too. I once saw that "Good Will Hunting" was airing on USA Network, and thought, Cool! They're showing Foster's on USA Network! Darn, it's an "L" not a "T".

Here's a new one I'm guilty of just this week. I found a red pen with white lettering on it. The pen said "Mac's Towing". I took a permanent marker and colored the entire top of the pen so, mixed with the red, it looked brown-ish. I then scratched off the red paint from the word "Towing" so that it was a splotchy white. And then I called it my "Mac Pen". :)

x_dummkoff_x
02-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Please forgive the double post, but I have one that if I don't put out there I'll go truly insane.

Whenever you see Good Will Hunting, you think, "Neat, Good Wilt-- wait. Never mind..." :(

Guilty. As. Sin.

omg, that happens to me all the time!
it gets annoying.

LaBlooGirl
02-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Howabout if you even hear the word "blue" you instantly think of Blooregard? Seriously, I do that. o.0;

Also it's just on my mind practically 24/7. There's always SOMETHING that makes me think of Foster's, that's how much I love it. It's also like there isn't any other animated program worth watching but this one! XD :bloogrin:

LaBloo
02-21-2008, 04:50 AM
When someone asks u to draw cheese, you draw Cheese!

Ub3rD4n
02-21-2008, 11:52 PM
When you see the back of a swivel-chair and think it looks like Mac's head.:)

Lynnie
03-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Wake up, thread! :D

We got a new vacuum at work, and it's one of those canister/backpack types. Today was the first time I got a chance at using it, and the first thought in my mind was it's just like the "Atomic Suckulator" from the eppie "Bloooo". It wasn't until my buddy Tony pointed out that it was just like the one in "Ghost Busters" that I realized, hey, I thought of Foster's before I thought of that! LOL! 8D

And btw, it works much better than our old one did. Yay!

WiltsAKGirl17
03-17-2008, 07:48 PM
Nicely worded, Lynnie! :D

Anytime you hear or see Ghosbusters, you think of Coco's line from "Blooo":

WILT: Who ya gonna call?
COCO: Co co co!!
WILT: Naw, they've been out of business for years.

So guilty.

Big Daddy
03-17-2008, 11:26 PM
Anytime you hear or see Ghosbusters, you think of Coco's line from "Blooo":

WILT: Who ya gonna call?
COCO: Co co co!!
WILT: Naw, they've been out of business for years.

So guilty.

LOL! I do that with any movie or television show that references that movie.:D

I've got a few:

When you're looking forward to getting a Macbook Air for your birthday and all you can think about is Mac while using it. (Someone mentioned Mac computers earlier, so I thought I'd just ellaborate on it.:))

You think about Mac while eating a McDonald's burger.:P

I remember at the time Superman Returns came out in theaters, the little boy who (supposedly) was Superman and Lois Lane's son in the film reminded me so much of Mac, because of his long, brown hair.

Every time you see Conan The Destroyer, you think about Wilt during all of Wilt Chamberlain's scenes.:D

You think of Eduardo during Spanish class (not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet).

You start to associate the Imaginary Friends with the Muppets (personal habit of mine...LOL!).

You accidentally confuse Vicky from The Fairly Oddparents with Frankie (and sometimes vice versa).

Every time you hear a popular catchphrase, you associate it with Mac's contast use of catchphrases in "Challenge of the Superfriends".

You think of the show when you hear a song on the radio that was used for a YouTube music video, like this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqtMjQKMfkU).

Okay. So this is more than a few.:P Haha!

Mr_Bloo_Veins
03-18-2008, 06:39 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=b7hAqnx6OHk

When you make stuff like this in your spare time.

I scare myself.

antgirl1
03-18-2008, 05:20 PM
On St. Patrick's Day, you complement on the green things your friend's wearing...but you call them "blue" and not "green".

LaBloo
03-18-2008, 05:34 PM
You see a tall kid and resembles them as Wilt

Big Daddy
03-18-2008, 09:58 PM
You see a tall kid and resembles them as Wilt

I was the tallest kid in all my schools, and every time someone looked at me they were like Mac and Bloo when they first met Wilt, saying that I should "play basketball" and that I'm "real tall". I busted a gut when I first watched that part of the episode, because it reminded me so much of my encounters.8D

I know I've watched a little too much of Foster's if I think of Wilt every time I stare in the mirror.:D

WiltsAKGirl17
03-19-2008, 11:35 AM
I was the tallest kid in all my schools, and every time someone looked at me they were like Mac and Bloo when they first met Wilt, saying that I should "play basketball" and that I'm "real tall". I busted a gut when I first watched that part of the episode, because it reminded me so much of my encounters.8D

I know I've watched a little too much of Foster's if I think of Wilt every time I stare in the mirror.:D

Lucky you. I'm short and rather overowrked.

Hey...

Sign you've wathced too much Foster's: You start to connect with Frankie anytime someone gives you a ton of work. (Obviously, I'm guilty and my parents are morphing into Mr. Herriman :herriman:)

LaBloo
03-19-2008, 11:38 AM
You think a butler is Mr. Herriman

Cassini90125
03-19-2008, 12:31 PM
When everytime you catch a glimpse of red hair out of the corner of your eye, your heart skips a beat and you nearly break your neck snapping your head around for a better look. :frankiesmile:

Although that may be more of a personal issue... :cheesegrin:

Ridureyu
03-20-2008, 09:44 PM
When everytime you catch a glimpse of red hair out of the corner of your eye, your heart skips a beat and you nearly break your neck snapping your head around for a better look. :frankiesmile:

Although that may be more of a personal issue... :cheesegrin:

My office manager has red hair.

fosters home fan
03-22-2008, 01:42 PM
When you see someone eating a slice of Pepperoni pizza, you think, in horror, of the "events" in the Fosters' episode "Seeing Red" ;D

WiltsAKGirl17
03-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Whenever you hear cheese you think of, well... :cheese:

I'm so guilty of this. At SubWay, whenever I ask someone what type of cheese they'd like on their sandwich, I'll occassionally think of the little yellow pain in the rear. (And none of the cheeses are yellow, since we discontinued cheddar a looong time ago...)

I'd like to reinforce this sign with a story form work today.

I was refilling the cheese container thingy and someone came in. I went out to make the sandwich, but I forgot the cheese. I went back to get the container, thinking, "Come on, cheese."

Guess who I thought of leading out of the back by the hand? :cheesegrin:

Ub3rD4n
03-23-2008, 01:44 AM
That's pretty funny.

WiltsAKGirl17
03-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Funny for you. Freaked me out for a minute. :P

New one: Sandwiches remind you of Jackie.

Bear with me-- I've been reading the thread for the "Jackie Khones and the Case..." thread and his thing for sandwiches seemed to come often enough to garner my attention. Now I know the work (SubWay sandwich artist) is gonna be a LOT more interesting, especially when it's a tuna with mustard, as mentioned in CaGG... :jk:

Lynnie
03-26-2008, 08:00 PM
When leaving work this evening, I couldn't remember what time I'm due in tomorrow morning, so to double check, I looked at the schedule again. I'm due in at eight. At confirming this, I shook my head and said "Ocho, ocho, ocho...". :smed:

What made it even funnier is I didn't even realize I was doing it until I was walking out the door. 8D

scary_dream
03-27-2008, 01:16 AM
Seriously ANY time I hear the word "wilt", even in reference to flowers (e.g. these flowers are going to wilt.") my ears prick up and I'm like "Huh? Wilt?" 8D

And if I hear the word "Hot" at the end of a sentence ("This coffee is hot!") I'll either verbally or mentally say "...In Topeka."

My family just ignores it most of the time because I think they think I'm just being weird lol

WiltsAKGirl17
03-27-2008, 10:12 AM
Seriously ANY time I hear the word "wilt", even in reference to flowers (e.g. these flowers are going to wilt.") my ears prick up and I'm like "Huh? Wilt?" 8D

And if I hear the word "Hot" at the end of a sentence ("This coffee is hot!") I'll either verbally or mentally say "...In Topeka."

My family just ignores it most of the time because I think they think I'm just being weird lol

You and me both. ;P

Every time I see Topeka, I think of "Hot in Toooooee-peeeeee-kaaaaa." Lately there's been a commercial for cell phone service in Alaska and it bounces names of major cities in the US (apparently the service will work down states) and one of them is Spokane. I've seen the commercial three or four times and every time: "Showers in Spokane. Hot in Tooooee-peeeeee-kaaaaaaah..."

Maybe it's a good thing my family already thinks I'm weird. :cheesegrin:

vinny
04-03-2008, 10:56 PM
When ever you make macaroni and cheese, you think of... well... :) and :cheesegrin:

well...my real name is mac...so, no. i have people mess with me all the time, putting maceroni on my car and in my room, or holding up a box of mac&cheese and saying "look mac, its you!". my best frieds name is blue, seriously not kidding, i actually dont know his real name. but you can bet im reminded of fosters all the time. another funny thing is i carry my backpack everywhere, but its not green.

Lynnie
04-05-2008, 10:18 PM
I took a hike today with the folks and the sis, and since it was quite chilly, I had on my down coat, which happens to be a dark maroon color. My sister thought she heard an animal in the woods, and was soon joking that they must have been "people" animals like us. She called me a "Purple" because of my coat. And the first thing in my head was "Purple" from "Bloo's the Boss". So I asked her "And are you Sharkhead?" She said "What? No, I'm a 'Grey', because I'm wearing grey." Come to think of it, I don't think she's seen that eppie yet. It was still amusing. :bloosmirk:

To add to the story, now that I was thinking of Foster's, I brought the subject up, and we were soon reciting all the lines from "Squeeze the Day" as we were hiking down the trail. I have the feeling my parents were a little annoyed by the end of it all, but it was still fun. :clap:

WiltsAKGirl17
04-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Here's something I thought up when I was trying to go to sleep last night. It's rather random, so consider yourself warned:

You take a Barbie, color her hair red and take her to the Barbie Court House and legally change her name to Frankie. :frankiesmile:

Frankie_4_Prez
04-30-2008, 06:35 PM
-your favorite cereal becomes Cocoa "pups"
-your favorite beverage becomes cranapple juice boxes
-your favorite cookie becomes triple chocolate chip
-you ask for "suppah" instead of dinner
-your favorite videogame becomes a basketball game
-you install an intercom in your house
-you cover your eyes when entering PINs and passwords
-you try picking up a steak with a spoon just for kicks
-you become an avid paddleball enthusiast
-you say "is that ok" every time you need to say you're sorry
-you write your name in mustard over your sandwiches
-you are scared speechless of overdue fees at the library
-you finally understand that imaginary numbers are, in fact, real in another dimension and begin wondering whether you could adopt one
-you notice significant improvement in your Spanish classes
-you start barking orders with a British accent
-you start wishing hairballs floated around in your house, washing your dishes, folding your clothes and scrubbing your toilet
-you get a metallic alarm clock because you no longer want to touch plastic in the morning
-you start watching the local weather report for fun in your free time

Mac-a-lacka
05-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Here's something I thought up when I was trying to go to sleep last night. It's rather random, so consider yourself warned:

You take a Barbie, color her hair red and take her to the Barbie Court House and legally change her name to Frankie. :frankiesmile:

Hahaha!8D Oh, that is funny!

How about this...
:)You're now rarely in trouble.
8DYou're now always in trouble.
:DFor some reason you have a hard time saying the word "no".
:cheese:Every time you fart you say "I pooted".

bloonuggets
05-13-2008, 01:10 PM
"You accidentally confuse Vicky from The Fairly Oddparents with Frankie (and sometimes vice versa)."

The only reason for that is Grey DeLisle does both characters.

Sparky
05-13-2008, 01:14 PM
The only reason for that is Grey DeLisle does both characters.

Which was...the point? :terrconf:

antgirl1
05-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Plus, they have the same hair...

Mac-a-lacka
05-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Oh, and they both where green.

Cassini90125
05-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Shame on all of you. I would never confuse the two of them. :bloocross:

Lynnie
05-13-2008, 07:07 PM
I've caught myself two or three times in the last few weeks saying "Because I saaaaiiid soooooooooo" just like Wilt does in "Bloo Superdude". Of course no one else gets it but me, but what's funny is I didn't even premeditate saying it like that, it just came out like that. :D

fosterguy33
06-07-2008, 01:18 AM
you know you watched too much fosters when someone asks you what the colours of the rainbow are and you're like 'red orange yellow green bloo indigo violet'::)

i know it's lame but it actually happened to me once!
I was at school writing a report on shakespeare or something and i accidently wrote 'the melancholy of this scene is emphasised by the dark, bloo night' and lol my teacher :herriman:drew an arrow pointing at the word bloo saying "silly spelling mistake" :terrconf:

Ub3rD4n
06-08-2008, 04:12 PM
When you've got to go to the bathroom, you picture Cheese running around screaming "Gottagogottagogottagogottagogottagogottagogottagog ottago!"

And also when you're just bored.:cheese:

Lynnie
06-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Whenever I hear the word "bistro", I think of Bloo listing all the "Rod Tango" paraphernalia in "Ticket to Rod". I've caught myself doing that maybe three times in the last week. We have a lot of bistros up here, and I hear the word a lot. But I'm just now noticing it I guess. :P

Shelltoon
06-13-2008, 06:13 PM
:DFor some reason you have a hard time saying the word "no".

That's me... I have a hard time saying no, mostly because I'm worried I'll come off as "Selfish".

Lynnie
06-20-2008, 04:47 PM
A girl of about 11 or 12 came into my work today with her mom and brother, and she was wearing a long sleeved white shirt, with a short sleeved red shirt over it. And camouflage capris. No need to guess it made me think of Mac, even her capris reminded me of the camo pants he wears in "I Only have Surprise for You". :)

One Radical Dude
06-20-2008, 06:42 PM
I've had moments when I typed in "Bloo..." while trying to type "Bluetooth". Yeah...."Blootooth". :bloocross:

niagarafeline
06-20-2008, 10:18 PM
You know you've watched too much Foster's when you wake up with a "I <3 FB" tattoo you don't remember getting last night.
....:bloogrin:

CherryBomb
08-18-2008, 07:07 PM
First post! :bloocross:

Anyway, you know you've watched too much Foster's when every time you watch the first part of the movie "13 Going On 30" you get reminded of Mac.

...Yeah. But it happens to me all the time now. I mean, c'mon, Sean Marquette's in both, and his name is Matt in the movie (pretty close, amirite?), AND at the beginning of 13 Going On 30 Sean's wearing practically the same clothes as his cartoon counterpart (well, when he's at Jenna's party, I mean). Yes, yes? Or is it just me? :P

Lynnie
09-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Whenever I see the toilet paper going "under", I say at least inwardly "Over not under, over not under." Depending where I am, sometimes I'll even change the roll around. :frankiesmile:

And one thing I've found myself doing a number of times recently, the word "coconut" prompts me to recite (usually inwardly, but still) one of two lines from the show-

Coco!
Nuts!
Argh!
Faaaaaahh!
Lingfrom!
This guy!

~or~

Coconut, of, Japan! ;)

Natty
09-22-2008, 02:07 AM
You put your hands on your head with bent fingers (to make horns) and call out 'I like potatoes, potatoes!', even though you're in a crowd and no-one else is familiar with the cartoon.

bloonuggets
10-10-2008, 10:57 PM
"You know you've watched too much Foster's when every time you watch the first part of the movie 13 Going On 30 you get reminded of Mac."

You know, he was also in the end part as well...

coleman360
11-26-2008, 01:14 PM
If you've ever gotten inmpatient and actually said 'Come oooooooooooooonnnnnn!'

(do that with my brother)

Lynnie
11-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Funny, I was going to bump this thread today at seeing this, and find out someone beat me to it. ;)

I saw this in the paper at work (yesterday's paper). It's one of my favorite comics as I can soooooo relate, and I get every "inside" joke. Awesome comic. Anyway, I know I've seen too much Foster's when I read that last block and immediately thought of "Setting a President". 8D

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa1/Lynnie_Lyn/Retail.gif

Cassini90125
11-26-2008, 06:51 PM
I hate to tell you this but I can't see it. I see a box that says "Content currently unavailable - authorization failure". You might need to copy it to your Photobucket account or your profile album and link it from there.

Lynnie
11-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Just did. :) Sorry, I was probably editing it while you were typing.

Cassini90125
11-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Just did. :) Sorry, I was probably editing it while you were typing.

No problem. Funny one, too; it was worth the effort. 8D ;D

bloonuggets
11-26-2008, 10:29 PM
And back to 13 Going On 30 for a second. I remember that movie, too.

It was called Big.

Luminouslolly
11-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Actually, I do say "I pooted" whenever I *ahem* pass gass. XD

Every time I hear 'potatoes' I think of Ed in his tater costume.

Whenever someone mentions "B.O." I think DEO!!!

I constantly say Cheese-liners. I also frequent the usage of "Oh, come ooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. (I even have the tank top to boot!)

Any time I'm confronted with snicker doodles, I think of Berry and her baking prowess. *giggle*

I prolly have more, but I can't think of any at the moment.

EDIT: First post!

bloonuggets
12-11-2008, 05:49 AM
Compliments of lucyrocks73, when you are a performer in A Christmas Carol, instead of saying "Jacob Marley" to explain what's going on, you say "Bob Marley (Mon)."

Lynnie
12-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Something that happened with me this last week might deserve a mentioning.

A customer at my workplace had a large bag of dog food in her cart, which happened to be medium blue in color with large white lettering. Over top of it she had a dog place mat, used to keep the dog bowls from sliding all over the floor, as well as keeping spills in check since many dogs are very messy eaters. The mat was a clear rubbery plastic, and oblong in shape. At being laid on top of the bag of food, it looked like a lighter shade of blue, and the white lettering at first glance looked like two eyes. I had to do a double take, it looked just like Bloo. 8D

Mac-a-lacka
12-11-2008, 07:16 PM
I would've wished I had a camera for a moment like that. 8D

Lynnie
01-05-2009, 04:17 PM
This is probably more about "Signs you visit the forum too much" but, just now at watching the local news, I notice a square on the wall behind the person being interviewed that's dark brown on top and a light peachy color on the bottom. What to I think about?

---> :)

8D

I don't know what the square was, maybe a graph of some sort. It was blurred out since it was just in the background. But yup, that's what it looked like to me there for a second.

Mac-a-lacka
01-07-2009, 10:35 AM
When it's the middle of winter and it's rainy, I'm reminded of the episode Cookie Dough. :)

Creamy
01-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Whenever someone mentions "B.O." I think DEO!!!
!

I admit to doing that too lol :P

antgirl1
01-07-2009, 03:15 PM
There was this page number for an assignment for Geometry, where the page number read "64", andI immediately thought "I have 64 lovely children..." 8D

HerrimanWasHere
01-08-2009, 06:12 AM
Even though you hate the taste, you actually like the idea of waking up with Foster in your cup. (Coffee)

You don't own deoderent, you own DEO!

Whenever you are ordered to clean, you mumble about the one who ordered you: "I wouldn't mind this as much, if you were Mr. Herriman..."

You secreatly thing that the Grimm brother had a time machine, and think they based many of Cinderella's life/traits off of Frankie...

Guilty of them all, except the last one. :herriman:

Lynnie
01-08-2009, 02:40 PM
Even though you hate the taste, you actually like the idea of waking up with Foster in your cup. (Coffee)

You don't own deoderent, you own DEO!

Whenever you are ordered to clean, you mumble about the one who ordered you: "I wouldn't mind this as much, if you were Mr. Herriman..."

You secreatly thing that the Grimm brother had a time machine, and think they based many of Cinderella's life/traits off of Frankie...

Guilty of them all, except the last one. :herriman:
How did you manage that? :wiltshock:

Hehe, it would be pretty cool to print out a custom DEO label and paste it on a regular stick of deodorant (preferrably blue in color). It'd be fun if someone outside your household saw it and asked about it. :bloosmirk:

HerrimanWasHere
01-08-2009, 04:15 PM
I just decorated the container. Quite fun. (Maybe I can get a photo of my custome DEO bottle...)

Mac-a-lacka
01-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Whenever I'm sick the episode Bloooo is always in mind. :bloocross:

Mr_Bloo_Veins
01-23-2009, 04:06 AM
Whenever I'm sick the episode Bloooo is always in mind. :bloocross:

Heh, same here. :bloogrin:

Lynnie
03-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Whenever I hear the word "moat", I think of the line "There's a moat around the toy chest!"

And this is an NF thing than Foster's, but today while at my side job, I saw the piano that's there and in my silliness recited "What is this mystery, the piano?" 8D

Creamy
03-08-2009, 11:40 AM
How did you manage that? :wiltshock:

Lol, my deodorant is actually called Deo 8D!

WiltGirl
04-01-2009, 12:10 PM
When i was walking up the stairs all i good hear was wilts theme going on and on in my head and in the sound of my footsteps. i also randomly say coco now and then. but i not complainin! i luv it! :D
its my parents who think i'm crazy! :cheese:

WG

Lynnie
04-01-2009, 03:16 PM
I ran with scissors at work the other day (I know I know, I could have hurt myself). And when I realized what I was doing, the line "What did I tell you about running with scissors?" came into my head. :frankiesmile: When I stopped running, I rewarded myself with "Ok, go play. DON'T RUN!" 8D

bloonuggets
05-04-2009, 03:54 PM
I think if you hum The Washington Post March while dancing in a bowl of baked beans is a sign you've seen too many episdes (or special marathons on July 4th). :)

Cassini90125
05-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Or that it's time for a new prescription. :lol:

bloonuggets
05-04-2009, 09:00 PM
And cassini earns + INFINITY!!!

Mac-a-lacka
06-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Someone (who soon realized they dialed the wrong number) called here a few minutes ago with the caller ID "Kathy Foster".

Reminded me of the name of Frankie's friend and of course, Foster's. :frankiesmile:

The person that called was looking for "Gary", and I immediately thought of the imaginary friend Gary. 8D

Lynnie
06-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Cool, an other unintentional reference to our favorite show I've heard this week. :D

There's a furniture store in town, don't know if it's new of if I'm just now noticing it, but it's called Foster's Home Furnishings. On the building the biggest word is "Foster's" so I had to do a double take until I read the rest of it. I could imagine the IFs having a grand time in a furniture store. :bloogrin:

antgirl1
06-12-2009, 08:12 PM
Cool, an other unintentional reference to our favorite show I've heard this week. :D

There's a furniture store in town, don't know if it's new of if I'm just now noticing it, but it's called Foster's Home Furnishings. On the building the biggest word is "Foster's" so I had to do a double take until I read the rest of it. I could imagine the IFs having a grand time in a furniture store. :bloogrin:

"Bloo! Stop bouncing on the beds!" 8D

Imaginary Ninja
06-17-2009, 10:44 AM
It's summer where I live, so everytime I hear "it's hot" I think "in Topeeeeka!"

It's hot in! It's hot in! It's hot in!
It'shotinTopeka!!
*toss remote!*

.....*shrugs* Topeka.

Also, when my son says he wants cereal for breakfast, I go, I like cereal!!" Much to his amusement. He'll even counter, "I like potatoes!"

And I can no longer watch cheesy anime with called-out martial arts moves without thinking of Bloo Superdude's bear fist. :blooxd:

Natty
06-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Foster Fastfood... one of the companies that places orders at our factory XD I've only been working there for three days now, and every time I see that name on the orders I think of Coco working at the snack-corner of the mall ;)

Lynnie
06-22-2009, 03:33 PM
I heard a reggae song today, and the image in my head when I heard it was Coco bobbing up and down to the rhythm, a la Mondo Coco. ;)

Creamy
07-05-2009, 03:51 AM
When your reading a play for your GCSES at school, and one of the characters talks of a shop assistant called Miss. Francis, and you can't help imagining them like Frankie 8D

Lynnie
09-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Whenever I see a juice box, especially when it's apple juice, I think of Bloo. One of my co-workers was in the breakroom today sipping on an apple juice box, and Bloo was the first thing that popped into my head. Namely, the scene from "Bye Bye Nerdy", although I know he's drunk out of juice boxes in other episodes, too. :bloogrin:

Lynnie
09-23-2009, 06:55 PM
I know I've seen too much Foster's when I totally see Blooregard in this comic strip.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa1/Lynnie_Lyn/Cactus2.jpg

Especially when I see him in two different ways. :bloosmirk:

Cassini90125
09-23-2009, 07:01 PM
8D Definitely two ways. Great find! 8D :up:

jekylljuice
09-24-2009, 03:43 PM
That really made me smile. :bloosmirk:

Mac-a-lacka
10-22-2009, 06:18 PM
When playing Mario Kart Wii on wifi, I saw someone using the name "purple". It reminded me of Purple from Bloo's The Boss. 8D

Another Castle
10-28-2009, 10:16 AM
I met an Irish girl recently, and she was about my age (I'm 19). I asked her about a landmark in Dublin, to which she replied "Ohyesitsagiantpolethatneverendbutweallhateit'cozit costsloadsofmoneyanddoesnothingandwecallitthestiff ybytheLifferyorthestilletointheghetto'cozitsinarea llyrougharea"

She wasn't black, she wasn't a child and she had a very thick Irish accent-but she had a speech pattern that was so fast I couldn't help but think of Goo:gooblab:

Lynnie
11-03-2009, 05:40 PM
You know you're a big Foster's fan when you see the word "if", especially if it's in caps, and translate it to "imaginary friend". There's actually been a few times when reading a sentence, I'll automatically translate the word-

"Gift wrapping and gift messages availible imaginary friend requested."

It almost makes sense, too. 8D

bloonuggets
12-07-2009, 10:25 PM
"I heard a reggae song today, and the image in my head when I heard it was Coco bobbing up and down to the rhythm, a la Mondo Coco." ;)

Or for that matter, Blooregard as the ghost of Bob Marley in A Lost Claus. 8D

Lynnie
01-12-2010, 09:35 PM
This is more forum related than Foster's, but when I see the term CNC as in CNC machine, I automatically think Crash-N-Cortex. :P

Another Castle
01-13-2010, 05:27 PM
I think of the name "Rod", and instead of "Steward" I think "Tango"!

Lucky
09-04-2010, 11:41 AM
You purposely dress as Mac (guilty as charged, and once I accidentaly dressed ike Doug Funnie once LOL)

Atrix
04-19-2011, 05:22 PM

When you see a nice-looking guy wearing a sharp outfit, and you think, "man, those clothes would really look good on Wilt", you've probably watched a little bit too much Foster's.

When you accidentally and completely unintentionaly refer to the very-large and very-arachnophobic fourth-grade teacher down the hall as "Mrs. Eduardo" when she runs out of her own classroom shrieking like a Banshee because she discovered a small moulted spider SKIN behind a book on a shelf, you KNOW you've watched too much Foster's!

pitbulllady

Mate that's SO right!! *nods* XD These are such great ideas of signs that means you've watched too much Foster's! :D
That one about Wilt and the clothes have happened to me actually! 8D And the one with the car too, just not with the car, but with my father's motor bike that was red!
That about Mrs. Eduardo was so funny! Because the name fits a lot!

ismelllikecanada
03-10-2016, 12:42 PM
"Shut up, Atleast the bunnies are on fire." - Mac (MacDaddy, S2E7)
or giggle a bit when someone says "Mac and Cheese" or "Blue Cheese"

honre123
04-14-2016, 06:15 AM
"Shut up, Atleast the bunnies are on fire." - Mac (MacDaddy, S2E7)
or giggle a bit when someone says "Mac and Cheese" or "Blue Cheese"

Ialways think of Foster's when I hear Mac and Cheese. I know I watch too much foster's because everytime I order chocolate milk at a diner it's a real fight not to say I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK!

ismelllikecanada
04-14-2016, 04:19 PM
Nothing really wrong with that; What's the worst that could happen from screaming: I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK!

KazooBloo
11-21-2016, 03:55 PM
When you finish watching the two episodes they air on Boomerang each night and want more! 8D