PDA

View Full Version : Fosters Reference today.

MaxJ1800
11-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Earlier today I saw the crossover between Billy and Mandy and Kids Next Door. During the end credits they showed parodies of other cartoon crossovers. Included on the list was Samurai Mac. With Mac dressed as Samurai Jack and Bloo as Aku.

(Edit): My friend found a pic of the Samurai Mac spoof on photobucket. http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h245/DRCEQ2/SamuraiMac.jpg

BabyCharmander
11-12-2007, 03:31 AM
XD!

Oh man, Bloo looks FRIGHTENING in that pic... Mac looks awesome though.

TB
11-12-2007, 05:30 AM
Earlier today I saw the crossover between Billy and Mandy and Kids Next Door. During the end credits they showed parodies of other cartoon crossovers. Included on the list was Samurai Mac. With Mac dressed as Samurai Jack and Bloo as Aku.

(Edit): My friend found a pic of the Samurai Mac spoof on photobucket. http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h245/DRCEQ2/SamuraiMac.jpg

THANK you! I wanted to get ahold of that image after I saw that! :blooxd:

Nyo
11-12-2007, 06:00 AM
OMG LOL!

That's from the Billy and Mandy/KND crossover? Dude. Wow.

MaxJ1800
11-12-2007, 07:57 AM
The ending credits had tons of crossover parodies, like My Gym Partner's A Mandark, and Ed, Edd and Mandy.

WiltsAKGirl17
11-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Oh, cool! I haven't seen Samurai Jack in YEARS (the last time I watched the show-- in 2003, I think-- I was in extreme pain because I had spacers between my teeth to prep my pooor mouth for braces and they hurt like H-E-double toothpicks...)

This was a good picture. This may become my new laptop background. Assuming I ever get tired of a movie poster that has Zoc from The Ant Bully, which I doubt will ever happen. XD

Ccook50
11-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Look carefully--or preferably with a VCR or DVD recorder and run it frame by frame--at the scene where kids start popping out of the defeated assimilated Mandy/Reaper. Mac and Goo are among the Cartoon Network youth who emerge.

Also, in the scene where Mandy is torturing Numbuh One by forcing him to watch Fred Fredburger on the TV, Fred is rambling about how he likes to watch "TV shows with imaginary friends."

One Radical Dude
11-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Look carefully--or preferably with a VCR or DVD recorder and run it frame by frame--at the scene where kids start popping out of the defeated assimilated Mandy/Reaper. Mac and Goo are among the Cartoon Network youth who emerge.

Also, in the scene where Mandy is torturing Numbuh One by forcing him to watch Fred Fredburger on the TV, Fred is rambling about how he likes to watch "TV shows with imaginary friends."

I missed those two. I didn't have any problems seeing the Powerpuff Girls, though. :P

Crash-N-Cortex
11-12-2007, 05:07 PM
I might of missed seeing Mac and Goo popping out of the delightful reaper, yet I did see the Powerpuff Girls, and Ed, Edd, n Eddy.

TB
11-12-2007, 05:42 PM

I only vaguely spotted Buttercup while I was watching. Also Fred said he likes shows about Monkeys at camp. :)

Lynnie
11-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Cool, I didn't notice Mac and Goo escaping from the Mandy 2X4 technology-bot. I must watch it closer next time. I thought it was funny when Fred Fredburger says something like "I like monkeys who go to school. I also like monkeys who go to camp! And I like imaginary friends! I like imaginary monkeys!" ...Yeah, typical Fred, but it was still funny. :bloosmirk: I never watched Samurai Jack so I wasn't familiar with the reference at the end, but I liked it. Mac looked cool. And I bet Bloo loved wearing those teeth for that shot.

Mayor Adam West
11-12-2007, 08:24 PM

Omg! That picture is awesome! Just classic!

Any others like that at all?

MaxJ1800
11-12-2007, 09:29 PM
There were several crossover parodies, but I don't know if there are any other pics.

WiltFan
11-12-2007, 10:18 PM
LOL
That is so awesome!! xD
Especially being that Samurai Jack is one of my favorite shows. Heh...Samurai Mac. 8D That's great...

Ccook50
11-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Here's a screenshot of Goo popping out:
http://www.geocities.com/Chris_30040/goo.jpg

Here's Mac, at the top left:
http://www.geocities.com/Chris_30040/mac.jpg

Medikor
11-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Now that is a jewel of a pic! Love Bloo as Aku.:D

Lynnie
11-29-2007, 08:03 PM
I guess this would be the right thread to post this since I did hear a Foster's reference today.

I'm listening to the radio on my way to work this morning and there is one of those contests where you listen for a certain song and when you hear it be the 10nth caller and you win concert tickets. The song to listen for was "Blue Christmas", and when the DJ said the title, he continued "That's 'blue' as in the color, not the cartoon". I busted out laughing in pure glee at hearing that! Hmm, "Bloo Christmas", that would be an interesting song. 8D

On another note, I heard a reference on PBS's Arthur spinoff, Postcards from Buster a year or so ago. For those not familiar with the show, Buster the cartoon character (Arthur's best friend from Arthur) travels the North American Continent with his dad, who pilots a private plane for a Latin band while they tour. While traveling, Buster meets real kids and video tapes them and sends the tapes back to Arthur and his friends back home as "video postcards". So it's a combination of cartoon and live action. Anyway, in one episode, taking place somewhere in the southern US, Buster tapes a brother and sister competing in how fast they can type. The sister wins, and turns to her brother and says "Face it {brother's name}, I'll always be one step ahead of you. One. Step. Ahead!" The way she said it, and word for word, I knew right away where she had gotten that phrase from! It was really cool! :)

KazooBloo
12-06-2016, 12:01 PM
I saw this picture before. Mac's looking like a straight BA. And can't wait until Samurai Jack comes back next year.