PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Made Their Own Avatar?

WiltsAKGirl17
10-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Here's something I thought up just to be different (and to avoid doing my icky ecology homework):

Has anyone on the forum made thier own avatar? Tell us about it (how you made it, etc.)...

I did mine on Photoshop Elements 3 after a lesson in cutting and pasting images in my third period computer class. I took a dark blue background, went online and found an outline of the state of Alaska and colored the state a lighter blue. Then I took a photo of Wilt, cut him out of the original picture, pasted him onto the Alaska drawing and added the words "Hangin' in AK!" in red, just for kicks.

Anyone else?

Cassini90125
10-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Mine was originally part of a larger pic I found two years ago on DA. After a few rounds of trimming, shrinking, and trimming again, I removed the background material, some of it one pixel at a time, made it transparent, and pasted it on top of the colored background you now see, which was originally from a screencap of the control panel window of my videodriver program. After that I sent it to Glitterfy for the animated sparkles. The screencap of the videodriver window was made by ScreenHunter 4.0, one of the most useful programs I ever downloaded; everything else I did with Paint. I was more than a little happy with the final result. :-*

Sparky
10-22-2007, 07:41 PM
I think I always "make" my own avatars, even if all I do is shrink it down to fit...I use Paint Shop Pro, some old version, to do everything, even artwork.

Nem
10-22-2007, 07:59 PM
I usually make my own avatars, with the exception of anything animated, because I don't have the knowledge on how to do any of that stuff =P

I didn't make this avatar, however, my friend drew it for me, and then I demanded asked my other friend to shrink it down for me. I love my avatar XD

Crash-N-Cortex
10-22-2007, 08:03 PM
I made my avatar, shown under my username. I found a picture I wanted and customized it with Paint to the good-enough size.

Subzeroace
10-22-2007, 09:15 PM
I made mine + sigy image. Fosters screencap with lots of layers of fun in Photoshop 6.0

This ones been there for awhile... I should change it x.x

Shelltoon
10-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Mine's a vector trace, so I'd say I made it.

Vampyre
10-23-2007, 12:13 AM
The avatar I have now was taken from one of Sparky's screengrabs and shrunk down in photo shop. My old avatar though, with the blinking, grinning Wilt, I made myself. I drew it in Photoshop and then animated it in ImageReady.

Zeitgheist
10-23-2007, 12:59 AM
I make my own avatars ALWAYS in the way of screen capping it and mixing around with it in PhotoShop and/or OpenCanvas :P I don't like myself too much to actually draw an avatar for myself...

pitbulllady
10-24-2007, 02:18 AM
I made mine from one of my fan art pieces I did in crayon and markers while my students were working on their assignments last year.

pitbulllady

TB
10-24-2007, 05:11 AM
I actually put mine together yesterday. I'll tell ya, trying to get animated avatar's to fit into that 39.1k limit and still look nice is tough. :(

Zeitgheist
10-24-2007, 06:54 AM
I actually put mine together yesterday. I'll tell ya, trying to get animated avatar's to fit into that 39.1k limit and still look nice is tough. :(

Why not just upload it to photobucket and imageshack then? :P

Must say, the avatar rules XD "Because I said sooooo...". You did great with it <3

TB
10-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Why not just upload it to photobucket and imageshack then? :P

Must say, the avatar rules XD "Because I said sooooo...". You did great with it <3

Thanks, and thanks again for reminding me about that. I completely forgot I could just upload it to photobucket and do it that way. :-[

I'll have to redo it for better color quality.

Edit: Well turns out you can't do it that way either. I get "file size too large". I guess because the URL way of doing it just uploads the image off the site onto this site. So there's still the file size limitations.

Zeitgheist
10-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Edit: Well turns out you can't do it that way either. I get "file size too large". I guess because the URL way of doing it just uploads the image off the site onto this site. So there's still the file size limitations.

Really? D: That sounds weird... I had a 40+kb avatar on here before, and I had to upload it off the site, but it worked just fine

Bloo2daMacs
10-26-2007, 06:11 PM
My current one was orignally a screencap from this site, but I cropped it and fixed the image quality up a bit.

frankie_fan
10-27-2007, 09:14 PM
I did make one, but it's too big to use it:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/uploader77/GwenAvatar.gif

I just screencaped the images one by one, and used a simple GIF animator to make an avatar out of it.

I do want to ask: how do you use Photoshop to make animated avatars?

Cassini90125
10-27-2007, 09:19 PM

I just screencaped the images one by one, and used a simple GIF animator to make an avatar out of it.

No idea about Photoshop, sorry, but I've got to ask, which GIF animator did you use? That av turned out really well!

TB
10-27-2007, 09:40 PM

Can't do animated with Photoshop as far as I know. :(

I use Fireworks MX 2004. I have to say I agree with Cassini though; what program did you use because that gif turned out nice.

Sparky
10-27-2007, 11:42 PM
I also don't use Photoshop, I actually think my version is too old to do it. I use the one that came with Paint Shop Pro, Animation Shop. I also do it by capping every frame I want and using the program to make an animation; then I generally cull out certain frames and adjust the timing on each frame until I get what I want.

Wendi
10-28-2007, 07:19 AM
I drew mine. :]

If it's super Bloo right now, I think it is.

Awesomerific?

it's all retarded looking. LOL! I should change mine to Mac's mom's FACE.

...make you all run away...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Kitty-gizmo/macsmom.png

she's gorgeous.

Shelltoon
10-28-2007, 11:43 AM

Might be able to get it to work if you take out every other frame.

frankie_fan
10-28-2007, 09:16 PM
No idea about Photoshop, sorry, but I've got to ask, which GIF animator did you use? That av turned out really well!

I used Microsoft GIF Animator. Nothing fancy. :(

BluebottleFlyer
10-29-2007, 02:50 AM
Made my avatar in Photoshop Elements 3.0, it was pretty simple. Animations aren't a strong point with me.

Bloonan
10-29-2007, 11:01 AM
I got bored, so I took a screencap and put one of my own pokemon splices (a steel Eeveelution, to be more specific) and put in the text "Sweet n' Sour!".
Also, that red thing is actually text saying "And so, so cute...". It just turned out wrong.

Subzeroace
10-30-2007, 06:58 PM
I changed my set, it now stands as a testament to how crazy filters can get! All hail the filters! 8D

Lynnie
10-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Haha, that's cool. Very original indeed. Is it from "World Wide Wabbit"? (I can kind of see Mac's disgusted expression in your avatar, lol, I love that expression!)

And now that I've posted something here, I made my avatar a few days ago. The gold border is suppose to be "sparkling", but it isn't for some reason, I don't know what went wrong. I'm somewhat happy with it, since I love all things Edwardian, and tea too for that matter. :frankiesmile: I found the picture online, uploaded it onto animated-avatar.com where I sized it, added the border and text. Since it's hard to read, it says "Color me Guilded!" for the Edwardian era, also known as the "Guilded Age".

Subzeroace
11-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Haha, that's cool. Very original indeed. Is it from "World Wide Wabbit"? (I can kind of see Mac's disgusted expression in your avatar, lol, I love that expression!)

Yup, it is. The siggy image seemed to have a height problem so Mac's face got cut off. I cropped it again and now his face is visible, but lost some of Frankie's hair in the process x.x You might have to refresh the image to get the new version ;)

Cassini90125
11-03-2007, 07:32 PM
We have a "Rate the sig above you" thread around here somewhere. Uh, that's a hint, of course... ;)

Fomalhaut
12-09-2007, 05:38 AM
I used one of Sparky's screenshots, and added text in Photoshop :)

FamoKrishina
12-09-2007, 08:47 AM
I drew mine. :D I used The Gimp, since I don't have Photoshop or any fancy, expensive program like that. I've gotten comfortable with The Gimp anyway. :P

BabyCharmander
12-09-2007, 09:55 AM
I drew mine using Photoshop. :3 This one's actually a smaller version of the full sized pic. I kindof wish I could've gotten this smaller version to be transparent, though, mur.

Cassini90125
12-09-2007, 11:18 AM
I drew mine using Photoshop. :3 This one's actually a smaller version of the full sized pic. I kindof wish I could've gotten this smaller version to be transparent, though, mur.

I took the liberty of downloading your avatar and making the white part transparent. If you'd like me to paste it over a particular background, feel free to send me the pic. :)

BabyCharmander
12-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Oh, I didn't want any particular BG--I just thought it would look better transparent. Can I see the pic? :D

Cassini90125
12-09-2007, 02:22 PM
There's nothing new to see, sorry; it's the exact same image. All I did was remove a few pixels that were "off-white" in color and uncheck "Draw Opaque" in Paint. Look in your PM box later, I'll show you how it looks with a few different colored backgrounds. :)

One Radical Dude
12-09-2007, 11:02 PM
I created mine using GIMP and an old Wacom Graphire tablet.