PDA

View Full Version : An Episode Challenge

WiltsAKGirl17
10-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Here's a new take on a challenge I saw on a M*A*S*H forum a few weeks ago. It's a bit of brain bender, but I have confidence in you guys. (Don't disappoint me!)

Think of an episode you really like. Now suggest a way that epsiode could be improved and/or something you disliked about it.

Now think of an episode you dislike, then say one thing you really liked about it. (And play nice with this one...)

Here's mine:
I liked "A Lost Clause," but I wish Wilt could have played a bigger role.

I didn't care for "Duchess of Wails," but it was interesting to see Terrence play bigger role in an ep, even though I don't care for him. It was kinda neat how he wasn't able to put two and two together and figure out that Mac was visiting Bloo at Foster's.

Lynnie
10-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Cool idea!

I loved "Frankie My Dear", probably ties for my favorite Foster's eppie (along with "Squeeze the Day"). What do I think could have been improved about it? Toughy... But when Mac and Bloo are throwing the wads of paper at Chris, the papers are littering the floor, yet Mac says "Bloo, we need more amo!" And Bloo turns over the empty boxes that once held the documents and says "We're all out", I just didn't understand why they couldn't just pick all those papers up off the floor and throw them again. It would have been just as funny I think if they hadn't run out of "amo", and it would have made more sense.

An episode I didn't like so much was "Emancipation Complication". But one thing I actually liked about it is we see Madame F.'s caring nature and how much she really cares for all the friends. And she DOES have some morals. For some reason, in some other episodes, she's not so much. I shouldn't have to name which ones they are. :mfoster: She seems to be able to turn her conscience on and off, and in "EC", her conscience was obviously in the "On" position.

WiltsAKGirl17
10-22-2007, 07:13 PM
OK, here's a half a reply just in the interest of keeping this thread alive:

I didn't care for "Say It Isn't Sew," but it truly hit the nail on the head with Bloo's boredom in the fabric store. I've spent I dunno how many hours in JoAnn's Fabrics and other assorted craft/yarn stores with my stepmom while she shopped and I was bored senseless. :herrsleep: (I survive by feeling the yarn and deciding which kind is softest and looking at the pattern books. Especially the formal gowns and Halloween costumes pages.)

Zeitgheist
10-23-2007, 12:53 AM
Partying Is Such Sweet Soiree is my favorite episode from Foster's... but things I want to improve? ::) *thinks hard* Well~ ...oh Gods, it's so perfect! :wiltshock: But I must come up with SOMEthing! Well, I guess I would've liked to know what Wilt's plan was to be WORSE than Coco's "is you refridgerator running?" (even though it worked). Oh, and that Bloo's voice would've been more what it is today :P

Land of the Flea is an episode that bored me to death. I mean, I love Eduardo, but the episode was not spicy enough for me. However, I loved how Bloo tries to make Ed give him fleas TOO... I like how Bloo can be jealous of the most stupid of things XD

Cassini90125
10-23-2007, 08:01 AM
My favorite episode is Frankie My Dear. Yeah, bet you didn't see that coming. If I could change anything about it, well, I'd like to see the part where Frankie gives Dylan an atomic wedgie. :frankiemad: 8D

As for my least favorite episode, that would obviously be Imposter's. The only thing I enjoyed about it was seeing Frankie taking care of the younger IF's. It had no other redeeming features.

pitbulllady
10-23-2007, 01:03 PM
I would definately change how "Everyone Knows It's Bendy" ended, with Bendy actually getting caught doing something bad and blaming someone else, so that Frankie and Herriman would see what a little lying snot he really was, and they would both apologize to the main characters that they'd blamed and punished for all the bad things that Bendy did.

I'd also have to do something about "The Buck Swaps Here", since that part with Wilt becoming overheated and dehydrated and desparately wanting something to drink is just painful to watch, unless you're a Wilt-hater. I'd have him be able to slake that burning thirst one way or the other, preferably by Eduardo making the right decision to use that $100.00 bill to help out his friend, as he originally intended, and then having the others repay his generosity by buying him that Barbie house. It bugs me that in the end, the others felt bad about Ed not getting something to play with, but no one felt bad about someone else's life being in actual danger(and don't try to tell me that being overheated and dehydrated isn't life-threatening).

pitbulllady

Zeitgheist
10-23-2007, 02:10 PM
I'd also have to do something about "The Buck Swaps Here", since that part with Wilt becoming overheated and dehydrated and desparately wanting something to drink is just painful to watch, unless you're a Wilt-hater.

I like Wilt, he ain't my favorite, but I have nothing against the big guy. But I thought seeing him like that was hilarious. I also laughed insanely when Bloo just left him to die in the quicksand in Can't Keep a Good Mac Down and when Mac finds him, Wilt simply says that it's nothing to worry about since he's so tall it will take a while for him to sink completely (they even have DINNER at his place of impending demise without trying to do anything about his situation XD)... And on another note, Wilt appearantly breathes with his eyes ::)

I mean... it's a CARTOON. Some character torturing is supposed to be funny, because it's happening to them, not you. Although most animators (I'm an animator myself) have pretty twisted minds and perhaps a more sadistic sense of humor than the kids who watch their shows, you have to keep in mind that it's all pure entertainment

Btw, I assume you like the Bendy and Buck Swaps Here episodes? Since that's what the topic was about... choosing a favorite episode and improving it. Just couldn't find any possitive comments on the aforementioned episodes in your post at all... :jk:

antgirl1
10-23-2007, 06:08 PM
And on another note, Wilt appearantly breathes with his eyes ::)

No, he doesn't. In "Room With a Feud", after what, 45 minutes, of constant running, Wilt fell to the ground, panting through his mouth. Obviously, he can hold his breath for a while, since he never seemed to endure suffocation in the "Camp Keep a Good Mac Down" scene. (if he had, it would've been obvious to see)

Unless of course you were being sarcastic.

Sarcastic. Sarcastic? Sarcastic. Sarcastic? Sarcastic. Sarcastic? 8D

Mr. Marshmallow
10-23-2007, 06:13 PM
One episode that I enjoyed but wished they would have changed would be "Good Wilt Hunting". It was an amazing movie and it gave nearly all the characters loads of screen time and it really was well made.....I just felt the lawnmower thing was completely stupid.

Wilt doing it didn't bother me, the people praising him like a god now THAT was bad, I really could have done without that. I also feel they could have changed the "crimes" the convicts committed that got them locked up. "Stole money for soda pop?" come on, that's the most pathetic, babyish thing I've ever heard, seriously.

The episode I not only hate, but LOATHE to Hell and back is "I only have surprise for you". I almost wasn't going to put this down because I feel that episode is so freaking inhuman and careless to Mac's feelings, it almost has ZERO good qualities. Only one I did enjoy was seeing Mac go crazy and commando.

I always found Mac's wild side to be a fun plot device and I had a blast watching him go ballistic on everyone, plus Eduardo's clueless nature was kind of funny but otherwise, this episode is a steaming pile of character bashing that I don't think I will EVER want to watch again.

jekylljuice
10-24-2007, 03:15 AM
The episode I not only hate, but LOATHE to Hell and back is "I only have surprise for you". I almost wasn't going to put this down because I feel that episode is so freaking inhuman and careless to Mac's feelings, it almost has ZERO good qualities. Only one I did enjoy was seeing Mac go crazy and commando.

I always found Mac's wild side to be a fun plot device and I had a blast watching him go ballistic on everyone, plus Eduardo's clueless nature was kind of funny but otherwise, this episode is a steaming pile of character bashing that I don't think I will EVER want to watch again.

"I Only Have Surprise For You" is my least favourite too, though one good thing I do have to say about it is that Wilt's line "Every day should be Earth Day!" is classic Wilt through and through. That really made me smile. :D

To use the same example of an episode I really enjoyed as you, I think that "Good Wilt Hunting" is possibly the greatest thing that Foster's has ever done, though if I were to pick at one tiny detail it would be its depiction of Wilt's losing his eye. Given that the left peeper he has right now is presumably not intended to be his real eye (does it look like a real eye to you?), having the basketball land upon the eye and merely merge it into its current shape seemed a bit too clean and convenient - I know that at the end of the day Foster's must remain an intrinsically kid-friendly show, but it still seemed like something of a cop-out...I would much rather have had the ball land upon his eye and then have the sequence cut away without actually having to show the damage. :P

Zeitgheist
10-24-2007, 06:52 AM
I Only Have Suprise For You is THAT hated? :wiltshock: It's in ym top 5! 8D

Oh well... I liked it because I looove character bashing. It's so fun to see Mac go out of his ways to prove Bloo's planning a party for him, then ending up making HIS OWN suprise party and humiliating himself. Sure, it's mean, but that's the whole humor of it. Mean = endless fun. :D

I also liked the parts with the new friend coming and getting the tour, getting freaked out more and more through misunderstandsings, and the ending credits when he cries "What's WRONG with you people!?" and just flees for his life XD Also, Mac hugging Mr Herriman was aww-worthy <3 "We're... still doing this I see."

But I SORT of disliked the fact that it was just Madame Foster's dressing up, though D; I would've liked it so much more if it was an actual friend who wa sjust putting on a show for Mac

pitbulllady
10-24-2007, 03:38 PM
One episode that I enjoyed but wished they would have changed would be "Good Wilt Hunting". It was an amazing movie and it gave nearly all the characters loads of screen time and it really was well made.....I just felt the lawnmower thing was completely stupid.

Wilt doing it didn't bother me, the people praising him like a god now THAT was bad, I really could have done without that. I also feel they could have changed the "crimes" the convicts committed that got them locked up. "Stole money for soda pop?" come on, that's the most pathetic, babyish thing I've ever heard, seriously.

The silly crimes for which those "good ole' boys" got locked up for were probably an intentionally jab at some of the actual, on-the-books-and-still-enforced laws that afflict many small Southern towns. South Carolina alone has many places that still lock up folks for jay-walking or spitting on the sidewalk, and Georgia is right up there, too. Those guys in the hick-town jail in Good Wilt Hunting looked like refugees from "My Name Is Earl", and talked like 'em, too!

I disliked "I Only Have Surprise For You", as well, though I DID like the part where the clown friend gets freaked out by the "sickos" in the house and leaves...probably a case of "turn-about's fair play", knowing how many people have been freaked out by clowns when they were kids!

pitbulllady

Mr. Marshmallow
10-24-2007, 06:08 PM
The silly crimes for which those "good ole' boys" got locked up for were probably an intentionally jab at some of the actual, on-the-books-and-still-enforced laws that afflict many small Southern towns. South Carolina alone has many places that still lock up folks for jay-walking or spitting on the sidewalk, and Georgia is right up there, too. Those guys in the hick-town jail in Good Wilt Hunting looked like refugees from "My Name Is Earl", and talked like 'em, too!

At least guys like "Earl" and other convicts from them actually did REAL crimes. The soda pop line sounded completely moronic and ignorant, they could have easily just said "I robbed a bank" or "I stole someone's wallet" or something like that.

These were grown men in an actual factual prison and it makes the show look like their treating everyone like babies that they have to say an adult stole money for a freaking soda. It's worse because the whole point of that scene was building up on the whole "whose got the dirtier crime" in the cell.

Leading up to Wilt with the whole crushing dreams bit, the fact someone associated stealing money for soda as the dirtier deed feels stupid on every conceivable level.

Zeitgheist
10-24-2007, 06:37 PM
At least guys like "Earl" and other convicts from them actually did REAL crimes. The soda pop line sounded completely moronic and ignorant, they could have easily just said "I robbed a bank" or "I stole someone's wallet" or something like that.

But it... it was a joke ::) The fact that they were such tough looking guys, like they'd immidiately make you think they'd killed a guy to end up in the slammer, but then they say "I stole money for a soda pop"

Aren't those pretty obvious jokes? Sorry if they aren't, but it's chrystal clear to me. But, then it depends on the sense of humor people have... It's not the funniest joke ever, but I don't think it was stupid enough to be discreet

Mr. Marshmallow
10-24-2007, 09:32 PM
But it... it was a joke ::) The fact that they were such tough looking guys, like they'd immidiately make you think they'd killed a guy to end up in the slammer, but then they say "I stole money for a soda pop"

Aren't those pretty obvious jokes? Sorry if they aren't, but it's chrystal clear to me. But, then it depends on the sense of humor people have... It's not the funniest joke ever, but I don't think it was stupid enough to be discreet

No...it really wasn't funny. Nor do I think it was intended to be considering like I said, the scene was pointed at saying the "worst crimes" so Wilt's could out top them and reveal more of his emotional depression.

Zeitgheist
10-24-2007, 09:43 PM
No...it really wasn't funny. Nor do I think it was intended to be considering like I said, the scene was pointed at saying the "worst crimes" so Wilt's could out top them and reveal more of his emotional depression.

But the exact same joke scene is used in a LOT of cartoons. One that particularly comes to mind is The Simpsons where these bunch of roughed up criminals tell their "horrible" stories that made them becomes outlaws (like stealing an accordion from a monkey et.c), then are disgusted when Homer tells his story which tops all the other's. It's a basic runofthemill joke to make the character seem/feel worse than he or she should be (in a humorous fashion)

I think you're looking a little TOO deep into the situation of Wilt (in a fangirl façon)

Ub3rD4n
10-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Well, regardless of who's right and who's wrong, I think we can all agree......the puppy story was hilarious!8D

pitbulllady
10-25-2007, 02:12 AM
Well, regardless of who's right and who's wrong, I think we can all agree......the puppy story was hilarious!8D

Heck, yeah it was! All that time you're thinking that the guy is going to say that he hurt the puppy or even killed it, since that DOES happen a lot, sad to say. When one partner in a relationship like that gets mad with the other, they often wind up taking it out on a cherished pet of the person they're angry with. But, in the true spirit of Foster's, that situation is turned into a joke by being so anti-climactic, and for me at least, that was a good thing.

And, while we're on the topic of the "crimes" being stupid, keep in mind that as of this week, there's a town in Louisiana where you will be locked up for wearing your pants too low. Now, that kinda makes stealing money for soda looks more like a real crime after all.

pitbulllady

Mac-a-lacka
05-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Crime after crime:I wish Mac had a bigger role.:P

Bye bye nerdy:I didn't like the fact that Mac was humiliated.:P

KazooBloo
12-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Beat With A Schtick could have been more interesting if Mac found out that Herriman was taking bets about the fight. :bloogrin: