PDA

View Full Version : Foster's Recipes

WiltsAKGirl17
10-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Here's something fun I thought up when I was thinking about my next cooking assignment in my Home Ec class (crepes, just in case y'all care): Foster's-inspired recipes.

The way this works is, you give a recipe that already exists a new, Foster's-y name and give us a brief how-to-make-it lesson.

Here are my two:

Bloo and Berry Muffins ( :bloosmirk: & :berry: )
Take any standard blueberry muffin recipe, but add equal amounts of raspberries, cranberries, whatever (ex.: 1 cup blueberries, 1 cup raspberries). Bonus points if you add food coloring to make the batter Bloo- or Berry-colored!

Coco's Cocoa (You had to know someone would go here after seeing the pilot ep...)
Make 1 envelope of instant hot cocoa according to pack directions. Add ground cinnamon and vanilla extract as desired. Stir and enjoy! (Whipped cream optional.)

Have fun cooking!

Sparky
10-16-2007, 07:06 PM
I moved this to the "general" board because it's not an actual like, discussion thread about the show itself, just something Foster's related. It's not a big deal and I'm sure there are other threads that could be moved...I just actually noticed this time, lol.

I cook a LOT and I can probably come up with something for this thread...other than "Mac's Bloo's Baloney Sandwiches". 8D

Ub3rD4n
10-17-2007, 02:20 PM
LOL, Madame Foster's Cookbook!:mfoster:

Okay, only people who read discworld novels will be cracking up here, and even then only a few of them, but TRUST ME, if you do get it, it's HILARIOUS.

Have you tried thinking up Foster's Famous Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies? Or Berry's Snicker Doodles? Or It?:frankiemad:

WiltsAKGirl17
10-17-2007, 04:34 PM
I moved this to the "general" board because it's not an actual like, discussion thread about the show itself, just something Foster's related. It's not a big deal and I'm sure there are other threads that could be moved...I just actually noticed this time, lol.

I cook a LOT and I can probably come up with something for this thread...other than "Mac's Bloo's Baloney Sandwiches". 8D

Oops. :-[ Sorry, Sparky. I just stuck it somewhere (I don't even remember where, honestly...)-- I was in a bit of a rush because I was supposed to be writing an essay (that's due tomorrow!) at the time.

Oh yeah. I just remembered. Regarding my comments about making crepes (see first post in thread)... They turned out fantastic. (Again, just in case someone cares. Besides, I'm sure we can tie crepes to Foster's somehow.)

Lynnie
10-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Hmm..

"It". Beef liver, lard, leftover peas, old "slime-ized" lettuce and brussel sprouts, old hard rice, the scrapings from old jam jars, and any other leftovers in the fridge that you know you will never use otherwise. Put it all in a blender, and serve as is. Yucky! :frankiemad:

Bloo's Chicken Salad Sandwiches Your basic chicken salad recipe with extra celery. Spread on white bread, and enjoy.

Old Coot's Pudding Your basic chocolate pudding recipe, but instead of made with milk, it's made with vanilla flavored Ensure protein shake.

Foster's Trail Mix Equal amounts of honey roasted peanuts, salted almonds and cashews, pretzel sticks, granola, crushed taco shells, dates and freeze dried bananas. Mix together, and then add one raisin.

Mac's Hiccup Remedy A tablespoon of peanut butter, a bottle of hot sauce, a gallon of water, and a lemon. Keep eating and drinking until hiccups are gone.

Madame F.'s Survival Food Toothpaste and acorns! Just keep eating until you find REAL food!

And..... I'm out of ideas. Maybe I'll think of more later. 8D

Zeitgheist
10-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Mac n' Cheese and Bloo Cheese

You can get it in your local store, no need for recipes 8D

WiltsAKGirl17
10-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Mac n' Cheese and Bloo Cheese

You can get it in your local store, no need for recipes 8D

Then the recipe would be, "Buy a box of Macaroni and Cheese and make according to package directions," wouldn't it? (Just a thought...)

I thought of a new one, but I need to bug my friend for a recipe. Sorry, y'all... :-/

Sorry-- inspiration just struck!

Bloo and Cheese-Burgers ( :bloosmirk: & :cheese: )

Make hamburger patties as you like them (Medium-well, well-done, etc.). A few minutes before the patties are done, sprinkle each burger with bleu cheese. Let melt, serve immediately as desired.

P.S. I imagine that if you're a vegetarian you could do this with a veggie patty in place of a meat one, but I can't guarantee the results-- I've never tried it.

Lynnie
10-18-2007, 09:14 PM
I'm not a fan of bleu cheese really, but those cheese burgers sound good. The bleu cheese I imagine would be a nice compliment to the tomatoes, and maybe the pickles too. Oh no, I'm craving a hamburger now...

Another recipe, another for Coco's Cocoa- Spoon four heaping teaspoons of cocoa mix into a large mug and pour boiling water over it. While stirring, pour a little cream of coconut (usually used to make Pina Colada) into the mug. Top off with whipped cream. Yum!

Coco!

Nuts! 8D

WiltsAKGirl17
10-23-2007, 08:21 PM
OK, here's yet another new one:

Eduardo's Dessert Nachos (:smed:)
Take a burrito shell and cut into six wedges like a pizza. Deep fry the wedges until golden brown. Remove from grease and place on a paper towel to drain. Before they wedges are completely cool, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Serve with frosting if desired.

I give my dad credit for this one. He made these last night with burritos and they were SOOOOOO good! They're addictive little suckers-- I ate about 7 or eight and finally told my parents, "Don't let me eat any more of these things." We didn't have the frosting, but we thought it would be a nice touch.

P.S. I just noticed that on all of the recipes I've put up, I've had a character smilie. Strange...

Subzeroace
10-23-2007, 08:29 PM
Bloo and Cheese-Burgers ( :bloosmirk: & :cheese: )

Make hamburger patties as you like them (Medium-well, well-done, etc.). A few minutes before the patties are done, sprinkle each burger with bleu cheese. Let melt, serve immediately as desired.

P.S. I imagine that if you're a vegetarian you could do this with a veggie patty in place of a meat one, but I can't guarantee the results-- I've never tried it.

I've got a suggestion for that one; When I was a kid and it was April Fools day my mom would make homemade hamburgers that she dyed the patties different colours with food colouring! If you're making the patties yourself you could dye them blue for Bloo 8D

WiltsAKGirl17
10-24-2007, 07:58 PM
I've got a suggestion for that one; When I was a kid and it was April Fools day my mom would make homemade hamburgers that she dyed the patties different colours with food colouring! If you're making the patties yourself you could dye them blue for Bloo 8D

Oooh... ^_^ Neato! I'll have to give that a shot sometime! Building on that, maybe you could color the bleu cheese that sort of off-white-yellowish color Cheese is for an added touch. (Or just to freak people out-- whichever you prefer! * Grins mischiveously *

Mac-a-lacka
05-06-2008, 02:00 PM
This discussion thread looks fun!:)
Billy the squid's sugar punch

Things needed: all items normally used to make punch (I don't know what those items are. :edmad:) 10 pound bag of sugar.

Directions: pour all contents into bowl, stir until sugar has dissolved, then enjoy!

Warning: contains sugar, not recommended for mature 8 year olds.8D

Frankie_4_Prez
05-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Here's my vision of "It": (never tried making it, will do someday)

3 stalks celery
1 can green beans
1 cup lentils
1/2 cup broccoli
1 med. zucchini
5 cloves garlic

5 franks sausage
1 chicken breast, boneless, cut to small pieces
1/2 lb beef chuck, ground

2 qt. water

1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 tsp ground fennel seeds
1/2 tsp ground anise
1/2 tsp paprika
salt to taste

Boil water. Cook lentils until done, about 40 mins. Chop vegetables and meat and add to soup. Boil another 10 mins. Blend in herbs and salt. Remove from heat and cool for 15 mins. Blend in blender. Serve hot with a vengeance.

Cassini90125
05-06-2008, 03:54 PM
Leave out the spices other than the cumin and paprika and don't run it through a blender, might make a pretty decent stew. ;D

Frankie_4_Prez
05-06-2008, 04:01 PM
You're right... I just wouldn't be able to bring myself to wasting food totally on purpose; for example, I wouldn't go out of my way and buy Liver or other "variety meats" as Lynnie suggested earlier. I was thinking the random combo of spices would totally ruin the smell, but not make the mix any less edible.

Also, any good stew in my book needs carrots, onions, celery, and potatoes :smed:

Mac-a-lacka
05-07-2008, 03:55 PM
"It". Beef liver, lard, leftover peas, old "slime-ized" lettuce and brussel sprouts, old hard rice, the scrapings from old jam jars, and any other leftovers in the fridge that you know you will never use otherwise. Put it all in a blender, and serve as is. Yucky! :frankiemad:

That definetly sounds like "IT".8D

Lynnie
05-07-2008, 07:12 PM
hehe

Yeah, edible maybe. But not appetizing in the least. I have a couple bottles of salad dressing who's contents can also be added to that list. Not enough in them to be of much use anywhere else, but they've still been in there forever. 8D

Frankie_4_Prez
05-07-2008, 07:44 PM
Slime-ized lettuce does NOT sound edible. Maybe Cheese would eat it, though :cheesegrin:

Sparky
05-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah I get the feeling that "It"'s yuck-factor comes simply from a specific, insidious preparation of ordinary ingredients, and not the inclusion of anything that's actually spoiled or rotten.

Mac-a-lacka
05-08-2008, 08:17 AM
Slime-ized lettuce does NOT sound edible. Maybe Cheese would eat it, though :cheesegrin:

I bet he would.:cheesegrin:8D

Yeah I get the feeling that "It"'s yuck-factor comes simply from a specific, insidious preparation of ordinary ingredients, and not the inclusion of anything that's actually spoiled or rotten.

But the episode Bloo called "IT" vomit.:terrconf:

Sparky
05-08-2008, 01:16 PM
But the episode Bloo called "IT" vomit.:terrconf:

...Have you even WATCHED the show? 8D Bloo says LOTS of things like that. Doesn't make it literal.

Mac-a-lacka
05-08-2008, 05:20 PM
...Have you even WATCHED the show? 8D Bloo says LOTS of things like that. Doesn't make it literal.

Yeah, I watch the show.::)
But I guess that's true. Bloo does say a lot of things like that.8D

Frankie_4_Prez
05-17-2008, 12:42 PM
The Grand List of Foster's Cocktails

Please drink responsibly (if you do) and respect local laws!

The Frankie Foster - Vibrant, bubbly, and... comforting!
- 1 shot Southern Comfort
- Fill rest of tall glass with 1 part Cranberry juice and 1 part Champagne

The Blooregard - Carefree, happy-go-lucky, and totally wacky!
- 1 part Sprite/7-up
- 1 part blue curacao
- 2 mini marshmallows

Mix liquids in small glass and top with marshmallows. Drink immediately.

The Mac-Attack - He's only a kid!
- 1 part Coke
- 1 maraschino cherry with stem
Pour Coke in a tall glass. Top with cherry. Insert bendy straw in glass.

I'll add more later on... keep in mind I never actually mixed these, they're purely imaginary, so if it tastes horrible don't blame me!

Sparky
05-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Ultimate :) and :cheesegrin: !

Ingredients:

1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked, drained, and spread out in a sheet pan to cool
1 pint half and half
1 cup chicken broth
3 T butter
1/3 cup flour
1 t dry mustard
1 pound grated cheddar (mild, sharp, or a combination of both)
A few slices Velveeta (optional but recommended for extra creaminess)

Put the half and half and chicken broth in a microwavable container (like a Pyrex measuring cup) and nuke until hot and steamy (but not boiling). Melt butter in LARGE pot set over med-high heat; whisk in flour and then milk mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, 3-5 minutes, until thick and bubbling. Add mustard, then Velveeta. Take off heat and add cheddar and stir until smooth. Add pasta. You may need to put it back over low heat (stirring often) as the pasta tends to cool it off too much.

I just made this for dinner and it was AWESOME. Got the recipe on allrecipes.com but made changes so I just gave you my version instead of a link to the original.

KazooBloo
12-23-2016, 10:00 PM
I want to know :mfoster: cookie recipe.