PDA

View Full Version : "Imposters"

Dragonrider1227
10-06-2007, 04:46 PM
I was reading some comments on a Frankie thread about this episode called "Imposter's home for um... made up pals." Alot of Frankie fans didn't seem to like it and i'm curious, what was it about?

bloonuggets
10-06-2007, 05:36 PM
That would be Imposter's Home For, Um...Make 'Em Up Pals, and will someone provide a link to said discussion of this episode if you please?

Sparky
10-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Er...I did a search and didn't find one, this can be the official discussion thread if there isn't one already...

Cassini90125
10-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Episode #30:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Foster%27s_Home_for_Imaginary_Friends_epis odes

Excuse me while I go have a theraputic scream. :frankiemad:

Dragonrider1227
10-06-2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks a lot! I kinda want to see this episode

Cassini90125
10-06-2007, 06:38 PM
I kind of want to forget it. It's the stuff that nightmares are made of.

antgirl1
10-06-2007, 07:05 PM
To be honest, "Imposter's" was only the WORST Foster's episode, mainly because of all the pain - no, SUFFERING - Frankie had to go through, all because of that Canadian Jerk.

If anyone liked the episode, forgive me for my moral outrage.

Wendi
10-06-2007, 07:07 PM
I actually really liked Goofball's character. and I thought it was a good episode. :bloosmirk:

Lynnie
10-06-2007, 08:59 PM
I didn't like "Imposter's". I soooooooo wreathed in pain at seeing Frankie suffer as much as she did. She did not deserve a single stitch of that treatment, from either Goofball or Herriman. As an IF, Goofball's behaviour isn't as bad as it would have been had he been a human, but it was still rude, selfish, and totally taking advantage of Frankie (and everyone else in the house). I did however find it funny when Frankie tried to pass herself off as an IF so she too could get away with not doing any chores, and also probably get the house to see what they're missing when she's missing. Everyone wants appreciation. And I know first hand the need for it and not getting it (I'm sure many of us do). It feels like....uh....doodoo. :-X I would have liked to see what happened if she hadn't been found out so quick (dang it, Goofball!). The house would have been in turmoil, and Herriman certainly would have learned the wrong in his ways. He's "evil" too at times, but I don't think he's so evil that he would still insist on punishing her after she stood for what she felt was right. :frankiesmile:

Bloonan
10-07-2007, 05:23 AM
Imposter's...
I just plain hated goofball, but a few lines were funny, I guess, but I HATE GOOFBALL!!!!!!
... Sorry. Insanity outlash. I have little to no temper.

montitech
10-07-2007, 06:15 AM
Hmmmm,

This thead is already starting to look a lot like the old one.
http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98
I think the poll clearly shows the reviews of this episode were quite split,
the most people were just indifferent, followed by loved it, then Hated It was third, However despite more people giving it an A than F more people gave it a less than C than greatter than C.

So overall, You are free to like or dislike this episode, However as the last thread showed and degreaded, TRY to be constructive on the comments instead of just Hate or Loved please add something to the discussion. Or at least try to.

Personally Imposters is one of my Favorite episodes, I chuckle everytime I watch it. May be that this episode apeals to people that live a little closer to the Canadian Border than the rest of you, or maybe it is just a different type of eppisode that some like and some dislike.

Either way,

Monty :smed:

Dragonrider1227
10-07-2007, 07:51 AM
Wow, all this talk about it, I really want to see this and get an opinion for myself

Sparky
10-07-2007, 03:13 PM
So overall, You are free to like or dislike this episode, However as the last thread showed and degreaded, TRY to be constructive on the comments instead of just Hate or Loved please add something to the discussion. Or at least try to.

How about more specifically, you are absolutely free to come in here and say you hated the episode/Goofball, but only say it ONCE. When it gets stupid is when people just won't shut the hell up, if you know what I mean. Express your opinion, but only once unless you actually have something new to say. I think that works.

Zeitgheist
10-09-2007, 01:11 AM
I liked the episode

Mainly because I enjoy (despite the character, wether I like them or not) seeing characters in pain. I find it hilarious to see them go through hell. Because THEY're going through hell, not you. It's like Lauren (craig's wife) said about the first Goo episode... it would be horror for Mac, but funny to watch because it's pure schadenfreude

SCHADENFREUDE =D

Cassini90125
10-09-2007, 06:56 AM
I must respectfully disagree; I do not enjoy seeing any character, especially Frankie, going through that kind of hell. It's one thing to put up with life's annoyances and frustrations; what she had to endure in that episode was cruel. Imposter's was, at best, excessive.

Dragonrider1227
10-09-2007, 08:13 AM
I liked the episode

Mainly because I enjoy (despite the character, wether I like them or not) seeing characters in pain. I find it hilarious to see them go through hell. Because THEY're going through hell, not you. It's like Lauren (craig's wife) said about the first Goo episode... it would be horror for Mac, but funny to watch because it's pure schadenfreude

SCHADENFREUDE =D
Or as Homer put it "That's funny 'cause I don't know him!" 8D

Ub3rD4n
10-10-2007, 11:26 PM
I liked the episode, too. Admittedly, it was another "let's really make you wanna PUNCH someone" episode, but still, I found it vaugely charming. Frankie in Goofgoof McGoof mode is awesome, and the end credits MUST be watched to get some satisfaction from the ending. Also, I'll just put in that Goofball is insensitive and dim-witted, but in an entirely unintentional way. He just can't see that ANYTHING he does may have adverse effects on people, he just coasts through, doing what seems best at the time.

Zeitgheist
10-11-2007, 12:23 AM
I liked the episode, too. Admittedly, it was another "let's really make you wanna PUNCH someone" episode, but still, I found it vaugely charming. Frankie in Goofgoof McGoof mode is awesome, and the end credits MUST be watched to get some satisfaction from the ending. Also, I'll just put in that Goofball is insensitive and dim-witted, but in an entirely unintentional way. He just can't see that ANYTHING he does may have adverse effects on people, he just coasts through, doing what seems best at the time.

lol yeah XD he doesn't know what he's doing! to him, he's an obvious imaginary friend just doing what an imaginary friend would do - stay at Foster's and mooch. It's not his fault that Frankie doesn't believe he's an imaginary friend. Bloo is at least 10 times worse than he is (especially when he starts aping after Goof), but we all still love the little blue guy :bloogrin:

Bloo2daMacs
10-11-2007, 04:37 AM
...Okay, I was gonna avoide this thread, but it's about time I said something....

Despite what I said last year...... I've come to like... this... episode....

There, I said it. Personally I thought it was funny, it was a clever idea, his character design was AMAZING, and I felt like it had a resolution in the end and Frankie and Goofball both "forgave each other".

It had some good lines and scenes, hence the image and personal text I've had for a while now. Both from Imposter's Home. So feel free to go ahead and have a different opinion of me, hat me if you will, but I'm glad I got this off my chest. :terrsmile:

Dragonrider1227
10-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Does anyone have the episode so I can see it?

fosters-fan
10-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Imposter's...
I just plain hated goofball, but a few lines were funny, I guess, but I HATE GOOFBALL!!!!!!
... Sorry. Insanity outlash. I have little to no temper.

Well, you're not the only one who hates Goofball. I hated the entire episode, especially Goofball, because it was pure torture on Frankie.

Yes; I am a Frankie fan, and I hate it when favorite cartoon characters of mine get tortured, bashed, or have to go through the Hell of doing something and added-on things that jerks make you do on purpose, when they're fully capable.

If that was me in Frankie's place in that episode, and Goofball 'Jerkface' McGee asked me to do something that he could actually do himself, I'd yell in his face "*BLEEP* Off, Jerkface McGee! You can do it yourself, and I'm NOT doing it for you!"

Yes; I hate Goofball with a passion! He should totally pay for making Frankie suffer! Then again, he should die and burn in Hell, and I don't give a damn about him! :frankiemad:

(looks at what I wrote just now) Okay. Whatever I just said, I hope it doesn't end up getting me banned. I was just really mad that Frankie got nothing outta the episode but suffering and missing the concert, all thanks to Goofball. :\

And that's basically my entire opinion. See ya!

cartman414
10-16-2007, 06:45 PM
I liked the episode

SCHADENFREUDE =D

That's not schadenfreude, that's sadism. Schadenfreude typically refers to deriving pleasure from seeing other people get their just desserts.

Frankie already has enough annoyances to put up with at Foster's without that kind of punishment. Especially on account of Herriman.

Now Mr. Herriman is a different story. (see: the end of Busted) :frankiesmile:

Ub3rD4n
10-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Imposters is a season 3 episode, and I'm fairly certain there is no season 3 DVD as yet. So, you'll have to look for it through other sites, or wait till someone uploads it here (which, given it's popularity, may take some time....)

cartman414
10-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Or iTunes, of course.

Zeitgheist
10-17-2007, 02:49 PM
That's not schadenfreude, that's sadism. Schadenfreude typically refers to deriving pleasure from seeing other people get their just desserts.

Frankie already has enough annoyances to put up with at Foster's without that kind of punishment. Especially on account of Herriman.

Now Mr. Herriman is a different story. (see: the end of Busted) :frankiesmile:

No, well... I was going for the swedish word "skadeglädje" when I realized... there is no english word for it, and the dictionary only showed me the german word... but, by the sound of it, schadenfreud is VERY close to two swedish word that could depict the original word I was going for

skade = derived from "skada" (to hurt) ...very close to "schaden"
glädje = joy

To take joy in another person's misery

the freude in schadenfreude sounds VERY much like the swedish word for "fröjd" which means pleasure, enjoyment or delight. So, it's not enjoyment for someone who's getting what s/he deserves... it's just enjotment in someone elses pain :D

note: I know NO german other than "we must extinct the jews, of course" and "that's a small penis" (both taught by my niece who takes german) XD

fosters home fan
10-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Look, Imposters, wasn' THAT bad, you know. Sure, the plot was crap, but it wasn't all GoofBall's fault, you know. Just saying. :-/

cartman414
10-17-2007, 03:21 PM
No, well... I was going for the swedish word "skadeglädje" when I realized... there is no english word for it, and the dictionary only showed me the german word... but, by the sound of it, schadenfreud is VERY close to two swedish word that could depict the original word I was going for

skade = derived from "skada" (to hurt) ...very close to "schaden"
glädje = joy

To take joy in another person's misery

the freude in schadenfreude sounds VERY much like the swedish word for "fröjd" which means pleasure, enjoyment or delight. So, it's not enjoyment for someone who's getting what s/he deserves... it's just enjotment in someone elses pain :D

note: I know NO german other than "we must extinct the jews, of course" and "that's a small penis" (both taught by my niece who takes german) XD

Still though, sadism is more applicable.

And yes, it was the fault of others as well.

I hope Frankie got reimbursed somehow for that misery.

Dragonrider1227
12-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Finally got to see this episode last night and yes, I can definetly see why so many Frankie fans hate it. It's definetly notone of MY favorites either. I want to set Goofball on fire!! :scaryberry: However, one scene that got me laughing was when she was scrubbing the floors and clothed mice that looked suspiciously like the ones from Cinderella appeared. 8D

Cassini90125
12-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Finally got to see this episode last night and yes, I can definetly see why so many Frankie fans hate it. It's definetly notone of MY favorites either. I want to set Goofball on fire!! :scaryberry: However, one scene that got me laughing was when she was scrubbing the floors and clothed mice that looked suspiciously like the ones from Cinderella appeared. 8D

You thought that was funny?!?!

Excuse me while I go for a walk and calm down.

Dragonrider1227
12-07-2007, 10:41 AM
You thought that was funny?!?!

Excuse me while I go for a walk and calm down.
I meant the scene with the mice. I love a good Disney refrence *shrugs*

BabyCharmander
12-07-2007, 11:48 AM
FINALLY got to see this ep tonight. I thought it was funny. %B I agree with Dragonrider--the mice thing made me laugh when I saw it. XD Frankie's ANGREEEE expressions had me laughing a few times as well, as did her disguise, and her stunned expression when she realized that Goofball actually WAS an IF.

Bloo was funny too, of course. "Where did all these new friends come from? I gotta' go tell Goofgoof!"

I did feel sorry for Frankie at two points though: the scene where she scrubs hall after hall looking rather sad, and the scene where GOOFBALL WAKES UP THE BABY IFs. GAAAAAAAAAH! I could totally feel her pain there. It is HECK to get little kids to sleep, and it's even worse when they wake up too early, 'cuz for the most part they don't go back to sleep. D: I had to deal with something similar to this today at work, with one kid waking up and then waking all the other kids up during nap time.

I missed two parts of this episode: the very beginning (came in at the part with Mr. Herriman asking Frankie when she last mopped the floor) and the credit sequence, which got cut out. >_O Anyone mind filling me in as to what happened?

EDIT: Woah, when did I get 101 posts? oo

Ridureyu
12-07-2007, 02:18 PM
While this is not one of my favorite episodes, and I do feel sorry for Frankie, it isn't entirely Goofball's fault. Goofball was behaving no worse than Bloo - less so, if you look at how often he was nice to her. He gets flak because "He hurt Frankie," not because of anythign else. Keep in mind that all he saw was a certifiably insane employee constantly raving that he isn't an Imaginary Friend when absolutely everybody else recognized him for what he was. He didn't have all of the extra-show knowledge we do.

I agree that Frankie doesn't deserve the garbage she always goes through. I think I see the point of the episode, but it wasn't developed well enough. The key is in the beginning, when she's gloating and charging Bloo for every time he's "wrong" on anything, including small grammatical mistakes. If they had spent more time showing her doing things like that, the episode - which was entirely about Frankie being wrong in something - would not have seemed so terrible. On one side, she could have solved it all by politely asking Goofball about his nose in front of everyone else, and THEN getting belligerant if he tried dodging. Instead, she went "GRRARRGH ME SMASH!" and jumped for him.

The purpose of the episode wasn't, "Hahaha! Isn't it funny when Frankie's tortured!" It wasn't, "Goofball is HITLER!" What it was meant to be was, "Hey, kids. Don't gloat about always being right, or thigns will crash down upon your head." They didn't spend enough time showing Frankie gloating and charging Bloo - a few more examples of bloo having to pay money for grammar or spelling might have been appropriate.

pitbulllady
12-07-2007, 02:23 PM
FINALLY got to see this ep tonight. I thought it was funny. %B I agree with Dragonrider--the mice thing made me laugh when I saw it. XD Frankie's ANGREEEE expressions had me laughing a few times as well, as did her disguise, and her stunned expression when she realized that Goofball actually WAS an IF.

Bloo was funny too, of course. "Where did all these new friends come from? I gotta' go tell Goofgoof!"

I did feel sorry for Frankie at two points though: the scene where she scrubs hall after hall looking rather sad, and the scene where GOOFBALL WAKES UP THE BABY IFs. GAAAAAAAAAH! I could totally feel her pain there. It is HECK to get little kids to sleep, and it's even worse when they wake up too early, 'cuz for the most part they don't go back to sleep. D: I had to deal with something similar to this today at work, with one kid waking up and then waking all the other kids up during nap time.

I missed two parts of this episode: the very beginning (came in at the part with Mr. Herriman asking Frankie when she last mopped the floor) and the credit sequence, which got cut out. >_O Anyone mind filling me in as to what happened?

EDIT: Woah, when did I get 101 posts? oo

The credit sequence is Bloo trying to get a book off of a high book shelf by climbing up the shelf like a cat going up a tree, and him and Frankie having another quarter bet that this endeavor will end badly. Bloo insists he can climb up with no problem; Frankie says he's gonna fall. He does indeed fall, toppling all the books on top of him, and hands Frankie another quarter for her jar from underneath the stack of books. The beginning scene is Bloo messing around with Mac's chemistry set, Frankie telling him that mixing two chemicals is a bad idea, him scoffing at her-and the stuff blowing up and sending this awful green glop everywhere. That's why Mr. H accused Frankie of not having mopped the foyer. Bloo and Frankie apparently had this running bet that whenever something Bloo did ended badly due to his misjudgement and ignoring Frankie's advice, Bloo had to pay her a quarter. If HE turned out right, she owed HIM a quarter. Frankie's gallon jar was full of quarters, so it was obvious who was right most of the time.

pitbulllady

Cassini90125
12-07-2007, 02:25 PM
He gets flak because "He hurt Frankie," not because of anythign else.

I don't need anything else.

Keep in mind that all he saw was a certifiably insane employee constantly raving that he isn't an Imaginary Friend when absolutely everybody else recognized him for what he was.

Which he could have put an end to by taking off that damn rubber nose.

Ridureyu
12-07-2007, 03:19 PM
The problem is that they tried to show Frankie doing something negative, but really didn't do an adequate job of it. If they had, the whole episode would have been different. In this case, it's the fault of the writers for not being clear enough on what they wanted to do. Basically, Frankie spent most of the episode acting like Bloo, Goofball acted like Bloo, and Bloo acted like Eduardo.

...But Goofball himself wasn't the problem as much as it was a "The universe hates Frankie" day.

Ditchy McAbandonpants
12-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Ridureyu: I wrote a long, waffly mini-analysis (http://www.fosters-home.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24979#post24979) of this episode nearly a year ago in the old, locked, abandoned Goofball topic*, but you've summarised my feelings on this episode there in an infinitely more concise manner; I don't believe that the intent of the episode is mean-spirited, just that the execution is very flawed. For any of the comedy in this episode to work, the audience needs to feel two things: a) that Goofball's antics are funny enough to outweigh their initial apprent maliciousness, and b) that Frankie is acting/has acted in an unreasonable enough way to warrant a comeuppance. If you look at the script, delivery and episode structure, you can see clear evidence of attempts to sell both of these concepts, but they've either been underdeveloped or badly written, so we feel neither, causing the whole episode to come crashing down; Frankie comes across as a mistreated innocent, Goofball as an maddening dimwit, and the episode as a deeply irritating 22-minute ordeal rather than the fun comedy it was supposed to be. :madwilt:

*EDIT: I just realised that this sounds like a line from a (somewhat surreal) cheesy horror movie.
"Don't you kids go explorin' that old, abandoned Goofball topic! There's evil spirits in thar!"

BabyCharmander
12-07-2007, 03:53 PM
The credit sequence is Bloo trying to get a book off of a high book shelf by climbing up the shelf like a cat going up a tree, and him and Frankie having another quarter bet that this endeavor will end badly. Bloo insists he can climb up with no problem; Frankie says he's gonna fall. He does indeed fall, toppling all the books on top of him, and hands Frankie another quarter for her jar from underneath the stack of books. The beginning scene is Bloo messing around with Mac's chemistry set, Frankie telling him that mixing two chemicals is a bad idea, him scoffing at her-and the stuff blowing up and sending this awful green glop everywhere. That's why Mr. H accused Frankie of not having mopped the foyer. Bloo and Frankie apparently had this running bet that whenever something Bloo did ended badly due to his misjudgement and ignoring Frankie's advice, Bloo had to pay her a quarter. If HE turned out right, she owed HIM a quarter. Frankie's gallon jar was full of quarters, so it was obvious who was right most of the time.

pitbulllady

Thanks, pitbulllady! I was wondering where the jar of quarters came from. (I thought it might've been mentioned in an ep I hadn't seen yet.)

Nathander
01-01-2008, 10:48 AM
I disliked this episode, not necessarily so much because of its treatment of Frankie as much as I simply didn't think of it as a good episode. Goofball was, in my mind, simply an annoying character who tried to be Bloo and failed.

I'm certain I'll be lynched for saying this, but I'm saying it anyway: both Frankie and Goofball were responsible for the hell Frankie went through. While I don't dislike Frankie (she's a good character, and I tend to honestly be somewhat more sympathetic to her than anything), she was still overly reactionary for SOME of the events. It never occured to her to simply ask Goofball to take his rubber noise off (I think; I could be wrong on this, as I haven't seen the episode in a bit), and instead she tried to get it off by force. She ultimately ended up dressing herself up as an imaginary friend (and giving her money to Mac in order to get him to keep quiet, which was probably more reactionary and something she wouldn't have needed to have done), which was a stretch and overexaggeration. While it made sense to her, she was under so much stress at the moment that she simply ended up overreacting. Not that it excuses her for overreacting.

Goofball is hardly innocent, however. He is either 1) incredibly stupid, 2) genuinely malicious, or 3) simply horrifically ignorant. He doesn't care about what he does or how his actions may effect other people. Anyone, and not just Frankie, would have had their tolerance pushed to the limit if they had to deal with him, and especially by the fact that he's incapable of telling why Frankie seems to genuinely dislike him. He's more responsible for the events that occur as the cause, but Frankie is still somewhat to blame for the way she handles it.

Those are my thoughts for the moment, at least.

Ub3rD4n
01-02-2008, 01:53 PM
I like to believe that he is 1 and 3. If he was 2, I'd be more annoyed at him *cough! Bendy! cough!*

YuckieDuck
01-06-2008, 02:56 AM
I like the episode. It wasn't the best episode but it was funny. The best parts were the mice gag that was previously mentioned and Frankie in the long queue. In my opinion Goofball wasn't evil and he didn't mean to ruin Frankie's day. He was just stupid. This episode wasn't the ultimate traumatizing experience some people have said it to be. It's just a cartoon and the writers have the right to do anything they want with their characters.

Cassini90125
01-06-2008, 05:25 AM
This episode wasn't the ultimate traumatizing experience some people have said it to be. It's just a cartoon and the writers have the right to do anything they want with their characters.

For the second part, I agree, although they risk alienating their fan base. That's their choice. As for the first part, speak for yourself. For some of us it was very painful. :frankiemad:

Howard
01-06-2008, 07:27 AM
I like the episode. It wasn't the best episode but it was funny. The best parts were the mice gag that was previously mentioned and Frankie in the long queue. In my opinion Goofball wasn't evil and he didn't mean to ruin Frankie's day. He was just stupid. This episode wasn't the ultimate traumatizing experience some people have said it to be. It's just a cartoon and the writers have the right to do anything they want with their characters.

I have gotten to the point where I can tolerate that episode (acceptance does not necessarily mean approval). I never understood why some people have to get what they want at the expense of others - but it happens.:cheese:

Ridureyu
01-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Cheese is the perfect icon to use for that statement.

jekylljuice
01-14-2008, 08:41 AM
I don't believe that I've yet given my opinion upon this, quite possibly the most hotly-debated of all Foster's episodes. To be honest I've been a little cautious about doing so in the past, given how much of a sore spot it is for some fans, but here goes.

In many ways, the structure of this episode reminds me very strongly of the Frasier episode, Crane vs. Crane (http://www.frasieronline.co.uk/episodeguide/season3/ep19.htm), in that it spends most of its duration convincing us to place our sympathies within a particular cause and then rather cruelly opts to pull the rug out from underneath us at the very end, possibly in the interests of unpredictability, but ultimately at the expense of the viewer’s feelings and the episode’s own story arc. In both cases, the end result is more frustrating to the viewers (or at least a significant proportion of them) than anything else, and winds up pretty much obscuring whatever moral point the episode may have been attempting to deliver. As much as I adore Frasier, the episode “Crane vs. Crane” has never sat particularly well with me. It’s certainly not without its merits, but its final message, that Frasier is far from infallible and that Niles will occasionally get things right, doesn’t feel nearly as important or satisfactory as the point that the episode originally appeared to be making, and ultimately sacrificed, about society’s rather shallow and narrow definitions of normality.

Swap “Frasier” with “Frankie” and “Niles” with “Bloo”, and you more or less have the final rhetoric offered by “Imposter’s Home for Make Em Up Pals”, and again, it feels somewhat irrelevant, almost petty, compared to everything that’s come before. That Goofball may have been telling the truth all along about his identity doesn’t quite excuse the fact that he was still a complete nuisance to poor Frankie throughout his stay at Foster

Lynnie
01-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Interesting comparison, JJ! I like Frasier too, and have since before I moved to the Seattle area. ;) I think I remember what episode you're talking about. I don't like seeing any character being persecuted to such a great extent, at least without getting some comfort and/or revenge in the end. I don't remember feeling as let down when watching "Crane vs. Crane", but then I was never attached to Frasier like I am Foster's. I do remember however the episode didn't impress me either. :P

jekylljuice
01-15-2008, 08:25 AM
Interesting comparison, JJ! I like Frasier too, and have since before I moved to the Seattle area. ;) I think I remember what episode you're talking about. I don't like seeing any character being persecuted to such a great extent, at least without getting some comfort and/or revenge in the end. I don't remember feeling as let down when watching "Crane vs. Crane", but then I was never attached to Frasier like I am Foster's. I do remember however the episode didn't impress me either. :P

Yeah, the comparison probably isn't entirely perfect, particularly seeing as how at the end of "Crane vs. Crane" Niles, unlike Bloo, does at least have to acknowledge that his final victory was a pretty hollow one. Plus, unlike "Imposters", the bulk of the episode doesn't consist of a particular Frasier character having to undergo an agonising endurance test - indeed, if not for that rather nasty twist ending, CvC would be a pleasant enough episode to watch, more or less. I guess the connection has less to do with the specific content of the episode than it does the basic structure - ie: encouraging the viewers to empathise with one side of an issue merely to spring an unpleasant "Gotcha!" moment upon them at the end. I'm left with a rather bitter aftertaste in both cases.

Invader Bloo
01-16-2008, 06:17 PM
I don't like this episode. Not only because it tortures Frankie, it was just not funny. If it had a character who deserved it like Bendy, I still wouldn't of last. It's like the writers said let's do a horrible episode about torturing some good character.

WiltsAKGirl17
01-18-2008, 11:17 AM
I just didn't care for this episode. It could have been good, borderline okay at best, but it just... didn't sit right with me. It was just kinda... bleh. :P

frankie_fan
10-28-2009, 01:03 AM
Now, I have NO INTENTION to see this episode, nor did I ever want to post in this thread, but I just saw something from TV.com that caught my eye regarding the episode:
Writer Craig Lewis's final episode, according to Lauren Faust

It kinda makes me wonder if Craig wrote this episode without Lauren not knowing about it. :frankiemad:

taranchula
10-28-2009, 05:02 AM
It kinda makes me wonder if Craig wrote this episode without Lauren not knowing about it. :frankiemad:

I'm sorry are you implying that Craig (Lewis) just went ahead and wrote this episode behind everyone's back and just kind of sprung it on everyone at the last second?

That sort of unprofessional behavior would get any television writer into so much hot water that their career would essentially be sunk for good.

So I hardly would think that was the case at all, especially with the other Craig at the helm creatively constantly checking in on every script from first draft to last.

And that said, C.Lewis while yes was the assigned writer for this episode, it's a safe bet that CMC, Lauren, the other writers and possibly network executives would have given their feedback and made contributions to the story here and there as it was being made.

And despite all that there is also the time factor at play, deadlines must be followed to letter. So maybe they did in fact have the best episode ever at one point but a lot of it had to be sacrificed without destroying the basic structure of the story in order to get the thing out on time.

Who knows? None of us can really say for sure because we weren't there.

BTW C.Lewis left the show not because of the feed back associated with this episode, but because he wanted to move on to his own projects (One of which was his short lived Adult Swim series "Saul of the Mole Men") So this would have been his last episode no matter what.

Another Castle
10-28-2009, 09:44 AM
I've summed my opinions on this dull episode on the Five least favorite episodes thread (idea was good, coin jar was good, the rest was tedious and cruel), and I have summed up that this is by far the most universally disliked Fosters episode ever (with Bendy and Europe behind).

Asides from the main Fosters fanbase (you know, us!), do we know how this was received by the show's target audience (children), or from the more casual fans?

Did the writers receive any negative feedback for this? If so, have they made a response?

taranchula
10-28-2009, 10:34 AM
If you can find it, Lauren did mention something about negative feedback on the Toonzone.net forums around the same time the episode aired, in which she made the point that they were not trying to intentionally hurt people with this episode, but were doing what they always were doing, just trying to tell a funny story.

Another Castle
10-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Do you mean the Characters or the viewers?

taranchula
10-28-2009, 11:50 AM
I meant the viewers.

Another Castle
11-18-2009, 08:21 AM
In case anybody wanted to read this post for themselves, here it is:
http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?p=1902488#post1902488

She appears to regret Everyone Knows It's Bendy, and wasn't so proud of A Sight For Sore Eyes, but has defended Imposters

Howard
11-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Hmmm... avery interesting point of view. I for one did not mind the Bendy episode, whreas with "Imposters..." Due to decorum, I will not open any wounds, and we will leave it at that.:frankiemad:

Cassini90125
11-18-2009, 04:33 PM
I thought Everyone Knows It's Bendy was great. I enjoyed Squeakerboxxx quite a bit, too. :bloogrin:

As for Imposter's, I dealt with it and Goofball in my own special way, and I'm done with it. :blooevil:

CrazyPhil
11-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I agree with you on this one, Cass. Aside from IOHSFY, this was by far the worst episode for me as well. Even now, several years later, it still stings when I think about it, although I will give it credit for having a somewhat decent ending, which IOHSFY lacked, which is why I hate that episode slightly more. But even so, they're both old history, and I prefer to think that either they never happened, or they were resolved somehow in the end.

fosters-fan
03-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Everyone probably knows this, but this episode really angers me to no end. Frankie spends all day working her butt off, but it ends up being more work when it's really all Goofjerk's fault. :edmad:

And honestly, I wish that Goofball WAS an actual human pretending to be an IF. Good gravy, I hate him so darn much! :frankiemad:

If I had a chance to change the ending, it would go like that, then the friends who doubted her would have apologized to her. However, having gone through all the trouble she had been through, Frankie says, "Apology NOT accepted! I quit!" But, however, she wouldn't really quit in the end.

And why the fudge did Frankie apologize to Goof-doof?! He's the one who should be apologizing to FRANKIE for being a moochy little brat! :scaryberry:

Mr_Bloo_Veins
03-15-2010, 03:34 PM
I think the whole idea is that this episode was created just to tick off us viewers is a bit extreme.

I know you all feel an emotional attachment to these characters, and don't get me wrong, I do too. I felt sorry for Bloo when he was adopted by Kip and locked in a cage with nothing to eat. I felt sorry for Wilt when he got his arm crushed and his eye all mangled :( and I definitely felt for Frankie in this episode. But like Lauren said, Conflict is more interesting than non-conflict. Their intent was to tell a story, and I'm sure they didn't mean any harm by it.
:frankiesmile:
Besides, Goofball was only a one time character. And so was Bendy. Good thing they were, or else there would be some serious fan backlash XD

Sparky
03-15-2010, 04:30 PM
As admin here I try not to get too opinionated on this forum so as to not alienate anyone, but I agree with like everything Mr Bloo Veins said. I guess that's all I'll say.

taranchula
03-15-2010, 09:03 PM
I think the whole idea is that this episode was created just to tick off us viewers is a bit extreme.

I know you all feel an emotional attachment to these characters, and don't get me wrong, I do too. I felt sorry for Bloo when he was adopted by Kip and locked in a cage with nothing to eat. I felt sorry for Wilt when he got his arm crushed and his eye all mangled :( and I definitely felt for Frankie in this episode. But like Lauren said, Conflict is more interesting than non-conflict. Their intent was to tell a story, and I'm sure they didn't mean any harm by it.
:frankiesmile:
Besides, Goofball was only a one time character. And so was Bendy. Good thing they were, or else there would be some serious fan backlash XD

I also share that opinion as well, save for the thing about Bendy...I would liked to have seen him at least one more time before it was all said and done, just because his VA Jeff Glen Bennett is awesome.

Another Castle
03-27-2010, 07:12 AM
Hhmm, I have looked at Lauren's comments about the episode again, and I don't think she really understands why people don't like it. I think she was coming to the wrong conclusions.

Anyway, I don't think I'll dwell too much on this episode, I think I can ignore it!

fosters-fan
04-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Is this one of the Imposter's threads? Because I have something to share. See, if I had my way with the ending, it would go something like this:

Because she pretended to be an imaginary friend, Frankie was forced to scrub the hallways and miss her concert. Later that night, everyone came home from the concert SHE missed, and who's to blame? Goofball! Finally, she snaps and jerks Goofball's false nose off, revealing.....

A REAL HUMAN NOSE!!!!!

Seeing this, Mr. Herriman literally kicks the false imaginary friend out the front door and tells him never to come back! Regretting ever acted rude and harsh to Frankie, Mr. Herriman apologizes for not knowing the truth. Her reaction?

Well, it goes something like this:

Frankie: (upset) You're... sorry? (getting angrier and angrier) I've been through Heck and back, had to do half of the chores more than once, went to the grocery store again for nothing and you're SORRY?!?! "Sorry" isn't going to reverse time so I can see the concert that I was hoping to see tonight, is it?! All day, I've been working my fingers to the bone and that so-called "imaginary friend" has only made it even harder for me and your siding with him didn't help! In fact, am I just a servant girl to you?! Well, apology NOT accepted! (throws bucket's contents on Mr. Herriman before shoving bucket and sponge into his hands) Find a new caretaker, MISTER Herriman! I QUIT!!!!!!! :frankiemad:

After that little spat, Frankie storms off to her room to start packing and leaving. The Foster's gang is still in the foyer, surprised by Frankie's meltdown, mainly because she was right all along. Madame Foster then appears and scolds them for not believing her for the obvious. The gang is unsure of how to make it up to Frankie until Mac gets an idea and dials a phone number.

Later, Frankie is halfway down with packing everything in her room when there's a knock on the door. She answers it and, much to her annoyance, the ones who "didn't believe her" are standing there. They say they're really sorry and to make up for their wrong, they have a surprise for her.

So, to keep it a surprise, they get her on the bus while making her wear a blindfold. Once they reach their destination, they tell Frankie to remove the blindfold and, much to her shock and happiness, the surprise is....

An encore concert, which was put on at the gang's request!

Frankie is then thankful and sorry for blowing up on them as she and the others enjoy the concert! Oh, and there's a little karmic retribution in mind for the so-called "imaginary" Goofball.

After the concert, he's forced to clean up the entire stadium!

... With a toothbrush. ;)

Howard
05-01-2012, 08:02 PM
I think Goofball is already burning in cartoon he...er inferno!:frankiesmile:

fosters-fan
05-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Well, I think Goofball was a big fat karma houdini. That's kind of why I imagined the ending, to give that little prick some karmic retribution. He frickin' deserves it! :edmad:

KazooBloo
12-04-2016, 02:35 PM
Easily the worst episode of the series.